[SFS] 1-04: Cries from the Drift -- Roving Dachshund (Inactive)

Game Master Andrew Harasty

1-04: Cries from the Drift Maps


1 to 50 of 307 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Scarab Sages

PFS 1-39 Citadel of Flame *-* SFS 1-2 Ashes of Discovery *-* III *-*

The Roving Dachshund SFS Table

Exo-Guardians

Female Vercean Shirren Themeless Soldier/1 (SP 9/9 HP 13/13 RP 3/3 | EAC:15 KAC:17 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+3 | Init:+2 | Perc:+2 Blindsense Darkvision | Move:25ft) | LRC +3 (1d10/Anchor) 90ft, Gauntlet +3 (1d6+2/Knockdown) | C 1/1
Skills:
Acrobatics +4 Athletics +0 Bluff -1 Computers +0 Culture +7 Diplomacy +1 Disguise -1 Engineering +4 Intimidate -1 LifeSci +0 Medicine +0 Mysticism +1 Perc +2 PhysSci +0 Piloting +2 SM +1 SoH +0 Stealth +0
Starship:
Pilot +2 Engineer +4 Science +0 Gunner +3 Captain I-1/D+1/B-1

The Shirren practicing hand-to-hand combat techniques by herself does not seem to notice you as you approach. She seems completely absorbed in her exercises.

Exo-Guardians

Human Solarian (Icon) 1 | Stam: 7/7 | HP: 11/11 | Resolve: 3/3 | KAC: 15 EAC: 13 | Fort: +2, Ref: +1, Will: +2 | Melee: +5 | Ranged: +2 | Thrown: +4 | Init: +1, Perception: +4

Darilian sits at the edge of the training mat, meticulously polishing an already pristine, copper-toned helmet in the lashunta styling. He glances around now and again, nonchalantly searching for the contact he knows should be here. If anyone recognizes him, they don't show it. That's a relief.

Acquisitives

Male Ysoki (Outlaw) Operative 2 | SP: 14/14 HP: 14/14 RP: 5/5 | EAC 17 KAC 18 | CMD 24 | F: +1, R: +7, W: +3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: None. | Acrobatics +13, Computers +6, Culture +6, Engineering +9, Piloting +10, Stealth +11

The door opens to the training facility with a slight hiss, and a lithe male ysoki with slate-meets-charcoal hair pads through the threshold. He approaches the two others in the room, keeping silent so as to not interrupt their activities.

Ah, quiet and professional. My kind of crew.

Possibly catching their attention, he nods a slight greeting to the others. "How'zit? Name's Rez."

Exo-Guardians

Female Vercean Shirren Themeless Soldier/1 (SP 9/9 HP 13/13 RP 3/3 | EAC:15 KAC:17 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+3 | Init:+2 | Perc:+2 Blindsense Darkvision | Move:25ft) | LRC +3 (1d10/Anchor) 90ft, Gauntlet +3 (1d6+2/Knockdown) | C 1/1
Skills:
Acrobatics +4 Athletics +0 Bluff -1 Computers +0 Culture +7 Diplomacy +1 Disguise -1 Engineering +4 Intimidate -1 LifeSci +0 Medicine +0 Mysticism +1 Perc +2 PhysSci +0 Piloting +2 SM +1 SoH +0 Stealth +0
Starship:
Pilot +2 Engineer +4 Science +0 Gunner +3 Captain I-1/D+1/B-1

The Shirren does not cease her strenuous activity, but Rez hears an answer in his mind.

I am aware of you. It is well. I am Tamerriv, and I choose...

She appears to pause for a moment in thought.

...to cease activity and talk.

The act of making that choice seems inherently pleasurable to her.

You appear to be a Starfinder, as I am. Do I misconstrue?

Acquisitives

|SP 10/18 HP 22/22|RP 5/5 |EAC 15 KAC 16|Fort +1, Reflex +5, Will +3| Init +6 |Per+6 Speed 40 Arc Pistol +5 (1d6+1 E, Arc 2) | Laser Pistol +5 (1d4+1 F, Burn 1d4) | Tactical Baton +4 (1d4+1)

An attractive, dark skinned woman with golden streaks in her hair comes into the room. Around her neck is a huge, diamond studded symbol of Abadar. She flashes everyone a brilliant smile.

Culture Check DC 10:
Some people may recognize her as Moxie Moon, the adorable child actress from the (not quite a hit) show "Too Much Moxie." A few people may have seen some of her films, such as "Under a Green Moon" or "Ski Party." If people do recognize her now though, they most likely remember hearing about the string of arrests culminating in cumpulsory admission to a chemical rehab facility.

Ah, it looks like I'm right on time. How are you all doing? Are you ready to work hard and make some money for the Starfinder Society?" She looks everyone over carefully and sits down between Darilian and Tamerriv. "Wow, you guys look strong, like you work out a lot. I wonder which one of you guys could bench more. You both cut a pretty striking figure. Have you ever considered getting in the action figure business? You got to learn how to market yourself. I know somebody who works for one of the station's toy companies. A big one. We can talk about it later if you're interested."

Exo-Guardians

Human Solarian (Icon) 1 | Stam: 7/7 | HP: 11/11 | Resolve: 3/3 | KAC: 15 EAC: 13 | Fort: +2, Ref: +1, Will: +2 | Melee: +5 | Ranged: +2 | Thrown: +4 | Init: +1, Perception: +4

Culture: 1d20 ⇒ 3 Moxie who?

Darilian smiles at Moxie, showcasing his perfect, white teeth. He notes her exceptionally good looks. His first impulse is to smile at her, to flirt a little (a lot). But that's the old Darilian. That's not why he joined the Society, and that's not why he's here.

But then he does it anyway.

"Oh, I work out now and then," he says casually, making sure to flex his bicep as he tucks his helmet under his arm. He stands up to his full height, shoulders back, chest out. Compensates for the lack of hair. "So do you, obviously. Maybe you could check my form?"

He looks at Rez. "Sup, buddy. I'm Darilian."

He glances at the shirren and nods his head, not quite sure about her.

Then he's all eyes for Moxie once again. "And what's your name, miss?"

Scarab Sages

PFS 1-39 Citadel of Flame *-* SFS 1-2 Ashes of Discovery *-* III *-*

You all make your way to the downlow to the location of the Exo Guardian warehouse

An augmented host shirren watches a bustling crew move office equipment from several large pallets into a large warehouse, while other workers weld scrap metal to gaps in the warehouse’s walls. The shirren occasionally directs a crew member and makes a note on a datapad. The shirren, Zigvigix, notices their new guests and turns to telepathically project a greeting.

Zigvigix wears a set of shoulder speakers that blast out sugarpop music from the band Strawberry Machine Cake. They bounce in place along to the music. “Welcome back! Isn’t this song the best? I’ve been playing it on loop for hours!” Behind the excited shirren, several grizzled-looking station workers, each carrying a side of a heavy-looking holotable, roll their eyes.

“Thanks for coming—I hope you’ll understand if I keep this brief; we’ve got a lot of work to do to get our new headquarters up and running, and you are on a short timetable. A ysoki salvage barge named the Clutter Collector, captained by a ysoki named Winks, picked up a distress-beacon transmission in the Drift. Winks didn’t have time to check it out, but she sold the data to the Society when she reached Absalom Station. How nice of her!

“Well, it turns out that this beacon came from the Struggle’s Scholar, a kasathan ship that…” Zigvigix pauses for effect as their antennae wiggle excitedly. “…escaped from Sangoro’s Bulwark! If you don’t know, the Bulwark was the old base of operations for the Exo-Guardians. Now, First Seeker Luwazi wisely grounded us from investigating the Bulwark after all contact was lost with it shortly after the Scoured Stars incident, but we can’t pass up this opportunity to learn what happened there. We might even be able to find the coordinates to our missing headquarters. Wouldn’t it be joyous to have a large fortress to play loud music in?”

Zigvigix hands over a datapad. “Here are the coordinates of the distress signal. It is unlikely any of the crew survived, or they’d be here by now. So be on the lookout for bodies. Since the crew is mostly kasathas, it would mean a lot to their extended families if you could bring back their remains or keepsakes to the Idari! Otherwise, salvage any data you can—especially the ship’s log—as it could tell us what happened to Sangoro’s Bulwark. This datapad also holds a one-time-use decrypter that will let you decode the Exo-Guardians ciphers used on the distress signal. Good luck!”

Dataphiles

Male Android Technomancer 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +1; Ref +2; Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +2, low-light vision, darkvision 60ft | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Spell Cache 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

Yuta approaches from the opposite direction from the others who are arriving, and his heart lifts when his ears detect the song blaring from Zigvigix's speakers. It is a very good song, and he too has been listening to it rather a lot over the last few days. He doesn't admit this out loud, but his foot keeps subtly tapping to the beat over the course of their briefing.

Yuta takes the datapad from the shirren and acknowledges their directive. "Understood. Retrieve data, recover remains, and try to discover what happened at the Bulwark." He goes to hand the datapad over to whoever will be piloting their ship, but he's not certain yet who that will be. He also realizes that he has yet to introduce himself to his fellow agents.

"My designation is Yuta-133, but you may refer to me as Yuta. I hope we will all work well together for this mission."

Exo-Guardians

Female Vercean Shirren Themeless Soldier/1 (SP 9/9 HP 13/13 RP 3/3 | EAC:15 KAC:17 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+3 | Init:+2 | Perc:+2 Blindsense Darkvision | Move:25ft) | LRC +3 (1d10/Anchor) 90ft, Gauntlet +3 (1d6+2/Knockdown) | C 1/1
Skills:
Acrobatics +4 Athletics +0 Bluff -1 Computers +0 Culture +7 Diplomacy +1 Disguise -1 Engineering +4 Intimidate -1 LifeSci +0 Medicine +0 Mysticism +1 Perc +2 PhysSci +0 Piloting +2 SM +1 SoH +0 Stealth +0
Starship:
Pilot +2 Engineer +4 Science +0 Gunner +3 Captain I-1/D+1/B-1

Culture DC10: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 Moxie, you need a better publicist. :-)

My preferred Starship roles: Engineer (+4), Gunner (+3), Pilot (+2)

Exo-Guardians

Human Solarian (Icon) 1 | Stam: 7/7 | HP: 11/11 | Resolve: 3/3 | KAC: 15 EAC: 13 | Fort: +2, Ref: +1, Will: +2 | Melee: +5 | Ranged: +2 | Thrown: +4 | Init: +1, Perception: +4

Darilian has stowed his helmet inside his pack, though he keeps his copper-hued armor on as they travel to the warehouse. Strawberry Machine Cake is one of Darilian's favorite bands, but he's not saying that out loud. Instead, he stands near Moxie, listening quietly as he explains the ill-fated voyage of the Struggle's Scholar.

His stomach does a once-over. Not only was it a terrible ending for those people, but whatever knowledge they'd held had probably passed with them, and he doesn't expect they'll find more than bodies on the ship. This would be a simple seek and retrieve, hardly the type of exciting work he'd imagined for himself when he signed up for the Society. He can imagine his father's scornful laughter if he knew. But, orders are orders, and he can hardly back out now. He wouldn't want to, matter of fact.

"Hi, Yuta. I'm Darilian. Moxie. Tamerriv. Rez." He points to those he's already familiar with.

My best role is captain, but Moxie would almost certainly do that better than me. Otherise I have a measley +1 in Piloting :)

Acquisitives

Male Ysoki (Outlaw) Operative 2 | SP: 14/14 HP: 14/14 RP: 5/5 | EAC 17 KAC 18 | CMD 24 | F: +1, R: +7, W: +3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: None. | Acrobatics +13, Computers +6, Culture +6, Engineering +9, Piloting +10, Stealth +11

Culture (Moxie): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Culture's trained only (weird), but I'm assuming the same rule exists in Pathfinder, where DC ≤10 can be made untrained?

As Zigvigix briefs the crew, Rez glances up sideways at Moxie, and whispers out the side of his mouth. "Love your work. Ski Party's a really under-appreciated flick, I know the critics had their thing to say about it, but I mean, it's about a party. And skiing. It's all right there, up front! What else could you possibly be expecting!?"

When the shirren attaché turns their attention towards Rez, he perks his ears and spine to look as focussed and at attention as he possibly could. After the briefing, and the introduction of Yuta, the discussion inevitably finds itself at the designation of roles aboard the ship.

"I've flown Pegasus and Drake-class boats for the Society before, I'm fairly handy behind the yoke. Otherwise, I'm happy anywhere you put me. I can be your eyes and ears, or I can be down wrenchin' in the engine compartment. You guys let me know."

(Piloting +9, Engineering +8, Computers +6, Gunnery +5)

Dataphiles

Male Android Technomancer 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +1; Ref +2; Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +2, low-light vision, darkvision 60ft | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Spell Cache 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

Culture for Moxie: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Yuta nods as the others introduce themselves. When he hears Moxie's name, he blinks in recognition. There was one memorable week when her name was plastered across all the news broadcasts on Absalom Station. He couldn't have gotten away from them if he had wanted to. If she is working for the Starfinders now, she must be doing all right, he reasons, and refrains from mentioning her recent past. Maybe I should keep her away from any strange chemicals, just to be safe...

When Rez starts talking about manning a starship, he returns his attention to the conversation. "I prefer to work with the ship itself, if possible. But I will do whatever is required of me."

Computers +8, Engineering +8, Piloting +6, Gunnery +3. Captaining, not so much.

Acquisitives

N Male Human (Cyberborn) Mechanic 2 | SP: 6/6 HP: 10/10 | RP: 3/4 | EAC: 14 KAC:15 AC vs CM:23 | F:0 R:5 W:2 | Init: 3 | Speed 30ft | Engineering Re-Roll: 1/1 | Active Conditions: | Ammo Count: 5 Dart
Skills:
Computers: 8 | Engineering: 10/14 | Life Science: 9 | Medicine: 7 | Perception: 6 | Piloting: 7 | Profession (Cybernetics): 11 | Stealth: 7

A lithe human wearing a well-fitting field medic gear slides into the room as the briefing is being conducted. He quietly listens and logs notes into his memory. If one looks closely they can see his eyes have been augmented and emit a faint red glow as data passes across them.

This awful music. Drift...play something classical to drown it out.

He waits for the others to gather around before introducing himself.

Culture: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

"Greetings, most call me Doctor but I don't think I will be augmenting any of you? We can stick with Mavrik." he shakes each members hand individually with a gloved hand.

He pauses at Ms. Moon smiling, "Ah, Miss Moon, is it? Hopefully you feel better after your recovery."

---

After the conversation shifts to spaceships he adds his preference.

"It doesn't have to be breathing for me to give it a much needed boost. The engineering deck is where you can find me unless I am needed elsewhere."

With a +13 Engineering I am best suited there but have the stat array to handle most positions.

Acquisitives

|SP 10/18 HP 22/22|RP 5/5 |EAC 15 KAC 16|Fort +1, Reflex +5, Will +3| Init +6 |Per+6 Speed 40 Arc Pistol +5 (1d6+1 E, Arc 2) | Laser Pistol +5 (1d4+1 F, Burn 1d4) | Tactical Baton +4 (1d4+1)

Moxie smiles and waves coyly at Darilan. At least we know you still got it, girl.

"Don't worry about me guys; those days are behind me." She gestures with the iced coffee she is holding. "This is the strongest stuff I drink nowadays."

Maybe I should fire my publicist...Hopefully after I get a few more missions under my belt people will start remembering me again for something else besides that jet bike incident...

"Well, it's true that I'd probably be the most comfortable sitting in the captain's chair inspiring you all to be your best selves, but I can do the science stuff too."

Moxie is obviously well suited at being captain, but she has also invested in computer skills knowing that her fellow Mystics and Solarians struggle in starship combat and sometimes captaining is the only thing they can do. Team player and all that.

Scarab Sages

PFS 1-39 Citadel of Flame *-* SFS 1-2 Ashes of Discovery *-* III *-*

Ziggy nods. "If you have no other questions, you have been authorized a standard Society ship, or you can bring your own."

At this time finalize your boons and figure out the ship. If you want to use the one from Dead Suns, that will be fine. I have it's stats as well. Also finalize your roles on the ship as needed.

Scarab Sages

PFS 1-39 Citadel of Flame *-* SFS 1-2 Ashes of Discovery *-* III *-*

Also as you are getting ready, you may make Culture Checks to see if you recall any other interesting tid bits.

Exo-Guardians

Female Vercean Shirren Themeless Soldier/1 (SP 9/9 HP 13/13 RP 3/3 | EAC:15 KAC:17 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+3 | Init:+2 | Perc:+2 Blindsense Darkvision | Move:25ft) | LRC +3 (1d10/Anchor) 90ft, Gauntlet +3 (1d6+2/Knockdown) | C 1/1
Skills:
Acrobatics +4 Athletics +0 Bluff -1 Computers +0 Culture +7 Diplomacy +1 Disguise -1 Engineering +4 Intimidate -1 LifeSci +0 Medicine +0 Mysticism +1 Perc +2 PhysSci +0 Piloting +2 SM +1 SoH +0 Stealth +0
Starship:
Pilot +2 Engineer +4 Science +0 Gunner +3 Captain I-1/D+1/B-1

Culture: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Tamerriv believes she remembers something.

Dataphiles

Male Android Technomancer 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +1; Ref +2; Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +2, low-light vision, darkvision 60ft | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Spell Cache 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

Before they depart, Yuta thinks of one question to ask: "Are there any particular kind of items that kasathas would want for keepsakes? It might help us to know what to look for."

He takes a moment to search his own memories for anything useful he might have learned about kasathas, or Sangoro’s Bulwark.

Culture: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Scarab Sages

PFS 1-39 Citadel of Flame *-* SFS 1-2 Ashes of Discovery *-* III *-*

Culture

DC 5+:
: A vesk named Sangoro founded the Exo-Guardians, which is an especially unusual fact, given the long hostilities between the Veskarium and the Pact Worlds. Many Starfinders initially did not trust him, even after he provided the Society with a huge fortress on a remote planet to operate out of. Sangoro later dedicated himself and his followers to protecting the Society from external threats, forming the Exo-Guardians faction within the Starfinder Society.

DC 10+:
: The fortress Sangoro bequeathed to the Starfinder Society was the only structure on the planet. It was a massive edifice left by some forgotten race, with extensive underground tunnels and storage vaults. The Exo-Guardians kept a large stockpile of equipment within the Bulwark, letting field agents on missions in the Vast access necessary items without traveling back to Absalom Station. Because of the importance of these resources, the exact coordinates of Sangoro’s Bulwark were kept from most Starfinders, and ships traveled to the location only by using encrypted flight plans.

DC 15+:
: Shortly after the Scoured Stars incident led to the disappearance of most Starfinder Society field agents and leadership, an unknown force overwhelmed Sangoro’s Bulwark, and—until now—there have been no survivors or distress calls. With this attack, the Society’s data archives lost all information on the exact location of Sangoro’s Bulwark, with even nominated First Seeker Luwazi Elsebo bereft of such knowledge. Only the Society’s amalgam digital consciousness, Guidance, might know the location, but it has ignored all requests to provide the data.

DC 20+:
: Some rumors from the few Starfinders who visited the Bulwark before the fall report that the Drift and Material Plane space surrounding the area was prone to strange events. Exactly how these dangers manifest varies by each rumor, but it appears the space surrounding the Bulwark’s home system is prone to odd interplanar abnormalities. Starships are advised to carry powerful scanners to identify potential stellar hazards and bleeding between the planes.

Ziggy shrugs. "I am not sure of specifics, Though I have been told it it usually person and specific to each individual"

Exo-Guardians

Female Vercean Shirren Themeless Soldier/1 (SP 9/9 HP 13/13 RP 3/3 | EAC:15 KAC:17 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+3 | Init:+2 | Perc:+2 Blindsense Darkvision | Move:25ft) | LRC +3 (1d10/Anchor) 90ft, Gauntlet +3 (1d6+2/Knockdown) | C 1/1
Skills:
Acrobatics +4 Athletics +0 Bluff -1 Computers +0 Culture +7 Diplomacy +1 Disguise -1 Engineering +4 Intimidate -1 LifeSci +0 Medicine +0 Mysticism +1 Perc +2 PhysSci +0 Piloting +2 SM +1 SoH +0 Stealth +0
Starship:
Pilot +2 Engineer +4 Science +0 Gunner +3 Captain I-1/D+1/B-1

Tamerriv telepathically speaks to everyone.

As an amateur historian of the Exo-Guardians, I know some of the history of this, now that I recognize the clues.

Too much info to re-dump here. Tamerriv recounts everything she knows, which is all the spoilers.

Exo-Guardians

Human Solarian (Icon) 1 | Stam: 7/7 | HP: 11/11 | Resolve: 3/3 | KAC: 15 EAC: 13 | Fort: +2, Ref: +1, Will: +2 | Melee: +5 | Ranged: +2 | Thrown: +4 | Init: +1, Perception: +4

Culture, untrained: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (14) + 0 = 14

"I'd heard of the bulwark, but didn't know its location. And I never heard tell of those abnormalities you mention. If the ship passed through those areas, it's likely it may have picked up a few unwelcome guests on its way out. And if those guests were a threat, that might also explain what happened to the crew. But that's just conjecture. Regardless, it sounds like we should be prepared to face anything."

At that prospect, Darilian smiles. Maybe not a simple mission, after all?

"So Moxie, on to your ship?"

Acquisitives

N Male Human (Cyberborn) Mechanic 2 | SP: 6/6 HP: 10/10 | RP: 3/4 | EAC: 14 KAC:15 AC vs CM:23 | F:0 R:5 W:2 | Init: 3 | Speed 30ft | Engineering Re-Roll: 1/1 | Active Conditions: | Ammo Count: 5 Dart
Skills:
Computers: 8 | Engineering: 10/14 | Life Science: 9 | Medicine: 7 | Perception: 6 | Piloting: 7 | Profession (Cybernetics): 11 | Stealth: 7

Culture: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Dr. Drift is thinking the same thing as Tamerriv shares his information.

"You nailed every bit of info I know on the subject. Interesting to say the least." he agrees and nods to the Shirren.

He then makes sure everything is packed up and reminds the others to make any last minute purchases.

Scarab Sages

PFS 1-39 Citadel of Flame *-* SFS 1-2 Ashes of Discovery *-* III *-*

With the information you gather you head to the ship that Moxie provided. It is a nice change from the stock utilitarian Society ships.

After plotting a course and heading into the drift, you expect the trip to take 5d6 ⇒ (5, 5, 2, 4, 3) = 19 days to the coordinates you were given. Another Society starship, bulk freighter called Promise of the Future departs with you and spends the first two days of drift travel with in communication range. The Promise is inhabited by kalos, an aquatic race from one of the moon’s of Brethedan, Kalo-Mahoi. They are members of The Mata Corp, a Starfinder Society team that handles many underwater locations. They are a tight-knit group but open to trading stories for the few days of nearby travel before you travel outside of communication range.

Although the captain does not engage much, many of the rest of the team is quite chatty.

Some of the notable members you talk to are:

  • Deepspeaker Alluguoth (mystic): A soft-spoken kalo who appreciates wisdom and information.
  • Mantarider Ushuul (soldier): A headstrong soldier who fights with an automatic machine gun. He likes showing off his weapon, named “Muncher,” even via grainy video transmissions.
  • Mantarider Suulhu-Huur (soldier): An enthusiastic melee fighter who wields an energized trident. She offers to spar with the PCs, should they meet in person.
  • Wavetreader Vhoosh (operative): The quietest member of the group, Vhoosh is most interested in hearing about the combat exploits of the party—specifically, what impressive kills they have accrued.

    Feel free to chat with the [/i]Promise[/i]. Finalize your roles in the discussion and we start the space encounter tomorrow

  • Exo-Guardians

    Human Solarian (Icon) 1 | Stam: 7/7 | HP: 11/11 | Resolve: 3/3 | KAC: 15 EAC: 13 | Fort: +2, Ref: +1, Will: +2 | Melee: +5 | Ranged: +2 | Thrown: +4 | Init: +1, Perception: +4

    Darilian takes an immediate liking to Deepspeaker Alluguoth, who seems like a good listener and who, having never heard of Darilian or his father, lets Darilian be himself for a while. Darilian explains his motivations for joining the Starfinder Society, and how those ambitions are discolored by his poor relationship with his family and corporate colleagues, especially the board of directors of Hask Pharmatech, Inc. He also explains his fear of failure, both because it will only invite further scorn from the board, and because it will tarnish his images. He uses image in the plural, because he is known as something of a sybarite, or bon vivant, but is also working to establish himself as a man trying to overcome his colorful past.

    Kind of like Moxie. And maybe that's why he likes her. Not just because she's beautiful and charismatic, but because he knows what it's like to fight one's own demons.

    But that's getting too heavy for a first date.

    Exo-Guardians

    Female Vercean Shirren Themeless Soldier/1 (SP 9/9 HP 13/13 RP 3/3 | EAC:15 KAC:17 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+3 | Init:+2 | Perc:+2 Blindsense Darkvision | Move:25ft) | LRC +3 (1d10/Anchor) 90ft, Gauntlet +3 (1d6+2/Knockdown) | C 1/1
    Skills:
    Acrobatics +4 Athletics +0 Bluff -1 Computers +0 Culture +7 Diplomacy +1 Disguise -1 Engineering +4 Intimidate -1 LifeSci +0 Medicine +0 Mysticism +1 Perc +2 PhysSci +0 Piloting +2 SM +1 SoH +0 Stealth +0
    Starship:
    Pilot +2 Engineer +4 Science +0 Gunner +3 Captain I-1/D+1/B-1

    Tamerriv chats with both Mantariders, but bonds with Vhoosh, spinning stories of a space battle with a Corpse Fleet pirate and her undead crew, feeding off the negative energy that powered their ship itself.

    Acquisitives

    Male Ysoki (Outlaw) Operative 2 | SP: 14/14 HP: 14/14 RP: 5/5 | EAC 17 KAC 18 | CMD 24 | F: +1, R: +7, W: +3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: None. | Acrobatics +13, Computers +6, Culture +6, Engineering +9, Piloting +10, Stealth +11

    As Moxie approaches the helm, Rez turns his head and tips the headset off his one ear. "Man, this ship? A beaut! It really pays to know someone who knows someone, eh?"

    He runs his hands over the touchscreen of the helm, double checks the co-ordinates. Course's set, surely the navcomputer's got it from here. "The engines are punchy enough, and it handles great... and enough of a bite in the weapons compliment if we ever have to bark back at anyone..."

    Before she can get a word in, Rez shrugs his shoulders and looks off to the side. "I'm just sayin'... you ever need a driver, I might know someone... who knows someone..." He gives the tiniest pair of finger-guns, then stabs his thumbs into his chest. "... me. I'm talking about me. This boat beats flying those gravbusses the Society call combat transports any day of the week."

    He then starts tromping down the main accessway, waving over his shoulder. "I'm going to hit the rack, get some sleep. Long trip, still."

    Acquisitives

    |SP 10/18 HP 22/22|RP 5/5 |EAC 15 KAC 16|Fort +1, Reflex +5, Will +3| Init +6 |Per+6 Speed 40 Arc Pistol +5 (1d6+1 E, Arc 2) | Laser Pistol +5 (1d4+1 F, Burn 1d4) | Tactical Baton +4 (1d4+1)

    Moxie calls out to Rez, "Sure, anytime Rez."

    Moxie chats amiably with the kalos, mostly asking questions about their culture. She steers the conversation at some point to what movies and shows get distributed on Kalo-Maloi and what kind of entertainment the kalo people tend to like.

    At first Moxie appears to always be "on," but as the party travels through the Drift she quickly relaxes and becomes a member of the crew. She is not averse to work and takes an interest in everyone's profession. If anything, she is sometimes a nuisance when she insists on doing things outside her skill set, such "helping" Drix run diagnostics on the power core or asking Tamerriv to show her how to do maintenance on his reaction cannon.

    Scarab Sages

    PFS 1-39 Citadel of Flame *-* SFS 1-2 Ashes of Discovery *-* III *-*

    As the party close in on the location of the Struggle’s Scholar’s distress beacon, they detect a large field of roughly two dozen asteroids surrounding the source of the signal.

    Mysticism or Physical Sicence DC 15:

    You recognizes these as chunks of obsidian likely native to the Elemental Plane of Earth and ripped here thanks to the use of a Drift engine.

    Computers DC 15:

    You discover that the interiors of these asteroids hold molten stone.

    Both checks:

    You recognize the volatility of the asteroids and know that hitting them with 1 Hull Point of damage punctures the obsidian shell and imparts the shot’s momentum to the asteroid, causing it to violently hurl magma into nearby space. A damaged asteroid will damages starships in adjacent hexes. The struck asteroid is then removed from the map and poses no further obstacle or threat.

    As you are exploring for the becon, a vesk starship, the Honorbound,approaches heading toward the asteroid field at top speed. The Honorbound is ablaze on either side with three bright-red thrusters, which are reminiscent of the energy blades of a plasma doshko. The vesk ship slows shortly after being detected.

    After a few moments the captain of the Honorbound, a jovial vesk by the name of Yuluzak opens communications. ”Greeting Sartfinders, I am Yuluzak. We are a salvage ship scouring the Drift for anything of importance to the Veskarium. It isn’t the most galmarous of assignments, but the threat of the Swarm demands the Veskarium Investigate all avenues of advancement to prepare against the next invasion. What brings ones such as you out here?”

    Engineering DC 15:

    The thruster emissions are decorative and not functional.

    Mysticism DC 10:

    You recognize these features as a representation of the symbol of Damoritosh, the vesk god of conquest, duty, and war.

    You can also make a Computers Check to scan the Honorbound as per the Scan Ship action while you are engaged talking with the captain. You realize they are doing the same during the parley.

    On the Map, your ships is the White and Green, the Vesk is Black and purple. The Narrow end is the "front"

    Exo-Guardians

    Female Vercean Shirren Themeless Soldier/1 (SP 9/9 HP 13/13 RP 3/3 | EAC:15 KAC:17 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+3 | Init:+2 | Perc:+2 Blindsense Darkvision | Move:25ft) | LRC +3 (1d10/Anchor) 90ft, Gauntlet +3 (1d6+2/Knockdown) | C 1/1
    Skills:
    Acrobatics +4 Athletics +0 Bluff -1 Computers +0 Culture +7 Diplomacy +1 Disguise -1 Engineering +4 Intimidate -1 LifeSci +0 Medicine +0 Mysticism +1 Perc +2 PhysSci +0 Piloting +2 SM +1 SoH +0 Stealth +0
    Starship:
    Pilot +2 Engineer +4 Science +0 Gunner +3 Captain I-1/D+1/B-1

    Mysticism DC15: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

    Tamerriv telepaths to the crew.

    Those are chunks of obsidian, likely from the Elemental Plane of Earth, and ripped here by the use of a Drift engine.

    Engineering DC15: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

    Those thrusters are pretty, but they don't actually do anything.

    Mysticism DC10: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

    The ship is clearly flying the colors of Damoritosh, the Vesk god of conquest, duty, and war. I suspect they will not hesitate to use force in furtherance of their goals.

    Someone with better Computers skills than me can try the ship scan.

    Dataphiles

    Male Android Technomancer 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +1; Ref +2; Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +2, low-light vision, darkvision 60ft | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Spell Cache 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

    Yuta spends most of his waking hours near or accessing the sensors and computer console of the ship. He takes his assignment as computer specialist very seriously, this being his first Starfinder mission off of Absalom Station. So when they come across a field of asteroids he is quick to scan them.

    Computers DC 15: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 8 + 2 = 26

    "There is molten stone inside those rocks. I recommend that we avoid running into any of them, as that would likely damage the hull of our ship. A shot from afar might also cause one to explode."

    He stays silent while the vesk ship approaches and sends them a message that sounds friendly, at least on the surface. He has a difficult time reading unfamiliar species, and though vesk are common on Absalom Station, Yuta has not had occasion to work personally with many of them. If they're going to scan us then I will return the favor, he decides, and tries to learn what he can about the Honorbound. He experiences a shot of nervousness when Tamerriv refers to the vesk using force against them. He works a little faster.

    Computers scan: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 8 + 2 = 21

    Acquisitives

    N Male Human (Cyberborn) Mechanic 2 | SP: 6/6 HP: 10/10 | RP: 3/4 | EAC: 14 KAC:15 AC vs CM:23 | F:0 R:5 W:2 | Init: 3 | Speed 30ft | Engineering Re-Roll: 1/1 | Active Conditions: | Ammo Count: 5 Dart
    Skills:
    Computers: 8 | Engineering: 10/14 | Life Science: 9 | Medicine: 7 | Perception: 6 | Piloting: 7 | Profession (Cybernetics): 11 | Stealth: 7

    Dr. Drift spent some odd hours conversing with the Deepspeaker about memories and the mind of Kalos all while tinkering on his ecocortex. He gladly shared information as well but his mind was elsewhere.

    ---

    He notices the upcoming field and makes sure he is ready to assist the rest of the crew.

    Before he can finish his observations part of the crew have reports ready.

    "Tamerriv, good eye. You would be surprised how much people put into vanity." he adds.

    When the Vesk Captain speaks he turns to their captain for the mission, Moxie and motions for her to take the floor.

    Acquisitives

    |SP 10/18 HP 22/22|RP 5/5 |EAC 15 KAC 16|Fort +1, Reflex +5, Will +3| Init +6 |Per+6 Speed 40 Arc Pistol +5 (1d6+1 E, Arc 2) | Laser Pistol +5 (1d4+1 F, Burn 1d4) | Tactical Baton +4 (1d4+1)

    Something tells me that these guys aren't out here by chance. I should probably keep our true purpose hidden for now.

    Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 5 + (5) = 12

    "Greetings to you also Yuluzak. Our command has us out here patrolling for anomalies. Like you said, not exactly glamorous work, but you'd be surprised how many of our great discoveries come from routine exploratory missions. So, you're a salvage ship you say? Have you had any luck so far?"

    Bluff: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

    Scarab Sages

    PFS 1-39 Citadel of Flame *-* SFS 1-2 Ashes of Discovery *-* III *-*

    Captains Social Rolls:

    Bluff: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
    Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

    The vesk captain smiles. "Please, we are people of honor and I suspect you are here for the same prize we seek. A key to a lost Vesk stronghold. I know its history with the Starfinders so it seems that we are a bit of an impasse with regards to salvage rights."

    " I cannot allow to proceed with your salvage operation, uncontested. I doubt you will back down and so we must fight. But If you are amenable, we can settle this honorably. I am willing to abide by the following rules of engagement if you are.”


    • The combatants will not intentionally target the life support systems of their enemy.
    • The combatants will abstain from targeting the rear arc—warriors should face the enemy head on.
    • Combat is over once an enemy starship is crippled.
    • Each captain can surrender at any point during the duel.

    "What say you?"

    Acquisitives

    N Male Human (Cyberborn) Mechanic 2 | SP: 6/6 HP: 10/10 | RP: 3/4 | EAC: 14 KAC:15 AC vs CM:23 | F:0 R:5 W:2 | Init: 3 | Speed 30ft | Engineering Re-Roll: 1/1 | Active Conditions: | Ammo Count: 5 Dart
    Skills:
    Computers: 8 | Engineering: 10/14 | Life Science: 9 | Medicine: 7 | Perception: 6 | Piloting: 7 | Profession (Cybernetics): 11 | Stealth: 7

    "A starship duel? The Vesk truly are an interesting species. Do we have a choice?" he asks the others.

    Acquisitives

    |SP 10/18 HP 22/22|RP 5/5 |EAC 15 KAC 16|Fort +1, Reflex +5, Will +3| Init +6 |Per+6 Speed 40 Arc Pistol +5 (1d6+1 E, Arc 2) | Laser Pistol +5 (1d4+1 F, Burn 1d4) | Tactical Baton +4 (1d4+1)

    "You are correct in assuming that we are both here to salvage the same ship. We have no desire to kill you or your crew but we cannot accept the dishonor of returning home empty handed. Battle is the only way to reach an acceptable outcome for both parties. We accept your terms, captain. Let the game begin."

    Moxie mutes the comms and throws herself down into the captain's chair. "Everyone, get to your battle stations! We're going to play by their rules, as long as they do the same. Rez, try to get us at a good angle so we can hit them with as many guns as possible. And watch out for those asteroids! Mavrik, I know that you're down in engineering watching the power core but I need you to be prepared to link into one of the guns if we're in a good arc. I want to hit them hard and fast with everything we've got. If we can bring their shields down right away, we'll have them on the defensive."

    Moxie is going to put her first aid into the Science Officer's initial scan.

    Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 + 1d6 ⇒ (18) + 9 + (4) = 31

    Exo-Guardians

    Human Solarian (Icon) 1 | Stam: 7/7 | HP: 11/11 | Resolve: 3/3 | KAC: 15 EAC: 13 | Fort: +2, Ref: +1, Will: +2 | Melee: +5 | Ranged: +2 | Thrown: +4 | Init: +1, Perception: +4

    "Aye, captain." Darilian, heart pounding, takes his position at one of the artillery stations.

    Exo-Guardians

    Female Vercean Shirren Themeless Soldier/1 (SP 9/9 HP 13/13 RP 3/3 | EAC:15 KAC:17 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+3 | Init:+2 | Perc:+2 Blindsense Darkvision | Move:25ft) | LRC +3 (1d10/Anchor) 90ft, Gauntlet +3 (1d6+2/Knockdown) | C 1/1
    Skills:
    Acrobatics +4 Athletics +0 Bluff -1 Computers +0 Culture +7 Diplomacy +1 Disguise -1 Engineering +4 Intimidate -1 LifeSci +0 Medicine +0 Mysticism +1 Perc +2 PhysSci +0 Piloting +2 SM +1 SoH +0 Stealth +0
    Starship:
    Pilot +2 Engineer +4 Science +0 Gunner +3 Captain I-1/D+1/B-1

    Aye, aye, Captain.

    Tamerriv straps in to the Light Particle Beam turret.

    I wonder about the "no firing at the rear arc" rule. Do they have some sort of vulnerability there? In any case, we have already agreed, so it doesn't matter.

    Scarab Sages

    PFS 1-39 Citadel of Flame *-* SFS 1-2 Ashes of Discovery *-* III *-*

    The vesk captain continues his smile. "Excellent, and may tbe most valiant be victorious"

    ---

    ROUND 1

    Current Ship status:

    Honorbound: Shields (F/P/S/A) 10/10/10/10 -- Hull Damage: 0 Critical: --
    PC Ship: Shield (F/P/S/A) 15/15/15/15 -- Hull Damage: 0 Critical: --

    I am assuming that you will at least get current shields in your scan

    Vesk Pilot Init: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
    Rex Pilot Init: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

    You will need to move first then we shoot

    Vesk Action Rolls:

    Vesk Piloting, Maneuver: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
    Vesk Engineering: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
    Vesk Science: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
    Vesk Captain Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

    Corrected Starship DCs

    Dataphiles

    Male Android Technomancer 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +1; Ref +2; Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +2, low-light vision, darkvision 60ft | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Spell Cache 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

    Is this in addition to our previous scan? I rolled a 21 to scan while we were conversing.

    When the vesk communication cuts out, Yuta considers the conditions they have placed and then processes aloud, "I agree to not target their life support - weapons would likely be a good first choice to target instead. As for the second condition, do we trust their word enough to direct shields away from our aft, I wonder. In either case, first we need more information about what we are facing."

    He returns to his task of scanning the other ship, which will guide the rest of the decisions that must be made. He appreciates the encouragement that Moxie is giving and feels as though he will be able to perform at his best.

    Computers, with encouragement: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 8 + 2 + 2 = 15

    Unfortunately, he gets a little more caught up in the moment than he should and can't quite focus all of his attention on the task at hand.

    Scarab Sages

    PFS 1-39 Citadel of Flame *-* SFS 1-2 Ashes of Discovery *-* III *-*

    Too many balls :) But yes the 21 and the 15 will get you information

    Info on the Honorbound:

    * Medium Tansport, Speed 8, Maneuver average (turn 2), Crew 6
    * Defense: AC/TL 14, Shields 60: 15/15/15/15, Hull: 70, PCU 130
    * Weapon: Flak thrower (forward) -- Short range (5), 3d4 damage
    * Weapon: 2 light laser cannons (turret) -- Short range (5), 2d4 damage
    * Weapon: gyrolaser (aft) -- short range (5), 1d8 damage

    Although you don't get anymore information, you are sure that you have all the weapons systems

    Acquisitives

    |SP 10/18 HP 22/22|RP 5/5 |EAC 15 KAC 16|Fort +1, Reflex +5, Will +3| Init +6 |Per+6 Speed 40 Arc Pistol +5 (1d6+1 E, Arc 2) | Laser Pistol +5 (1d4+1 F, Burn 1d4) | Tactical Baton +4 (1d4+1)

    "I think they will play by their own rules; at least until we start winning. I don't trust them enough to let our aft shields down though. One thing we could try is to flip our aft end around and see if they shoot at it. One of our better guns happens to mounted on the back anyways. But I'll leave that up to Rez, since he's piloting. I don't trust them enough to let our shields down though."

    Exo-Guardians

    Female Vercean Shirren Themeless Soldier/1 (SP 9/9 HP 13/13 RP 3/3 | EAC:15 KAC:17 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+3 | Init:+2 | Perc:+2 Blindsense Darkvision | Move:25ft) | LRC +3 (1d10/Anchor) 90ft, Gauntlet +3 (1d6+2/Knockdown) | C 1/1
    Skills:
    Acrobatics +4 Athletics +0 Bluff -1 Computers +0 Culture +7 Diplomacy +1 Disguise -1 Engineering +4 Intimidate -1 LifeSci +0 Medicine +0 Mysticism +1 Perc +2 PhysSci +0 Piloting +2 SM +1 SoH +0 Stealth +0
    Starship:
    Pilot +2 Engineer +4 Science +0 Gunner +3 Captain I-1/D+1/B-1

    If I'm reading this correctly, all of their weapons are short range. Most of our are also, except the turret Light Particle Beam.

    Suggest we try to keep them on our tail, and failing that, keep us between 6 and 10 clicks distance to throw off their gunners. Use the duonode to assist whichever of our guns is facing them.

    Tamerriv does some preliminary calculations.

    Captain! Their forward weapon is useless outside of short range. More reason to assist Rez in keeping them facing our aft, and just out of short range.

    Scarab Sages

    PFS 1-39 Citadel of Flame *-* SFS 1-2 Ashes of Discovery *-* III *-*

    Actively presenting the Aft of your ship and using the aft gun would void the "avoid the aft rule." It would not be fully "dishonorable" but bad form. It would violate the spirit of the agreement.

    Acquisitives

    |SP 10/18 HP 22/22|RP 5/5 |EAC 15 KAC 16|Fort +1, Reflex +5, Will +3| Init +6 |Per+6 Speed 40 Arc Pistol +5 (1d6+1 E, Arc 2) | Laser Pistol +5 (1d4+1 F, Burn 1d4) | Tactical Baton +4 (1d4+1)

    "Thank you Tamerriv, that is good to know. Looking at our targeting software it appears that most of our guns are also short range. We can out shoot them with the turret gun, though. Alright, let's show them our rear end and see what they do."

    Acquisitives

    N Male Human (Cyberborn) Mechanic 2 | SP: 6/6 HP: 10/10 | RP: 3/4 | EAC: 14 KAC:15 AC vs CM:23 | F:0 R:5 W:2 | Init: 3 | Speed 30ft | Engineering Re-Roll: 1/1 | Active Conditions: | Ammo Count: 5 Dart
    Skills:
    Computers: 8 | Engineering: 10/14 | Life Science: 9 | Medicine: 7 | Perception: 6 | Piloting: 7 | Profession (Cybernetics): 11 | Stealth: 7

    Actively listening to comms through his rig while maintaining the power in it's current state.

    "All ready to go down here. You just let me know where you want a little extra kick."

    Acquisitives

    Male Ysoki (Outlaw) Operative 2 | SP: 14/14 HP: 14/14 RP: 5/5 | EAC 17 KAC 18 | CMD 24 | F: +1, R: +7, W: +3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: None. | Acrobatics +13, Computers +6, Culture +6, Engineering +9, Piloting +10, Stealth +11

    Rez shifts around in the pilot seat, trying to get comfortable, but finding only an itch in the tip of his tail that he can't quite ignore. Just pre-combat jitters...

    He flips some switches on his console, swiping the override for the nav-comp and turning it's flight-assist off. "Everyone strapped in?" he asks while grabbing the yoke with eager paws. Throttle to cruising speed, he sways to port then starboard checking the handling. "Okay, I'll take us into the debris field, then once we're in range, we'll go from there."

    Moxie wrote:
    "Alright, let's show them our rear end and see what they do."

    "I certainly don't oppose the idea of keeping out of weapon range, but you think the Vesk'll be okay with us turnin' tail like that? I doubt it's an acceptable tactic in the Veskarium's many combat manuals..."

    He shifts once more in his seat, and eases the Maiden towards the obsidian field in a easy, banking arc.

    "... though the act of turning tail and firing from the run? Lady, that's a straight out of the ysoki playbook!"

    Just making sure before my next turn that we're okay with the turn-and-burn/run-and-gun tactics.

    Scarab Sages

    PFS 1-39 Citadel of Flame *-* SFS 1-2 Ashes of Discovery *-* III *-*

    The Honorbound only has 10 shields in each area at start

    The Vesk ship approaches and faces you head on.

    Players fire Botting:

    Tamerriv Turret: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 3 - 2 = 20
    Darilian Forward: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 3 - 2 = 8

    Light Particle Beam: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 5, 3) = 11

    A solid hit with the Light Particle Beam, breaching the forward shields of the [/i]Honorbound[/i]

    The Vesk ship fires everything even at this extended range (10 hexes away)

    Vesk Gunner 1, turret full, 1 range: 1d20 + 6 - 4 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 6 - 4 - 2 = 6
    Vesk Gunner 1, turret full, 1 range: 1d20 + 6 - 4 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 6 - 4 - 2 = 5
    Vesk Gunner 2, flak, 1 range, aid: 1d20 + 6 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 - 2 + 2 = 9

    A lot of shots fired over the bow of the Sunrise Mainden

    ROUND 2

    Honorbound: Shields (F/P/S/A) 0/10/10/10 -- Hull Damage: 1/70 Critical: --
    Sunrise Maiden: Shield (F/P/S/A) 15/15/15/15 -- Hull Damage: 0/55 Critical: --

    Vesk Pilot Init: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
    Rex Pilot Init: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

    Getting a hang of the Maiden, Rez gets the feel of the ship and is able to position better this round.

    The Vesk ship flys around to get in to closer range while manuvering around the asteroids.

    Vesk Rolls:

    Vesk Piloting, Maneuver: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
    Vesk Engineering: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
    Vesk Science: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
    Vesk Captain Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

    Players may now move and roll

    Exo-Guardians

    Human Solarian (Icon) 1 | Stam: 7/7 | HP: 11/11 | Resolve: 3/3 | KAC: 15 EAC: 13 | Fort: +2, Ref: +1, Will: +2 | Melee: +5 | Ranged: +2 | Thrown: +4 | Init: +1, Perception: +4

    Darilian pounds his fist on his lap when his shot with the gyrolaser misses, taking careful aim to prepare for another. This is definitely trickier than the training simulations.

    Gunnery rolls:

    forward, gyrolaser: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 3 - 2 = 81d8 ⇒ 4

    Acquisitives

    |SP 10/18 HP 22/22|RP 5/5 |EAC 15 KAC 16|Fort +1, Reflex +5, Will +3| Init +6 |Per+6 Speed 40 Arc Pistol +5 (1d6+1 E, Arc 2) | Laser Pistol +5 (1d4+1 F, Burn 1d4) | Tactical Baton +4 (1d4+1)

    "Darilian, you can do this. Use controlled bursts and aim just a little ahead of where the they're going."

    Encourage Darilian: 1d20 + 9 + 1d6 ⇒ (17) + 9 + (5) = 31

    1 to 50 of 307 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [SFS] 1-04: Cries from the Drift -- Roving Dachshund All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.