Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

[SFS] 1-03 Yesteryear's Truth - GM bigboom

Game Master bigboom

Slides and Maps


1 to 50 of 252 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

GM 101: Exoguardians | The Commencement | Yesteryear's Truth

You start on Absalom Station where you've been summoned to a mission briefing room within the Lorespire Complex by Venture-Captain Arvin. He stands before
a hologram of a planet that appears to have been ravaged by some disaster; there is very little water and no obvious greenery.

“Greetings, Starfinders,” he says, without turning. “You are looking at Elytrio, a newly charted planet in the Vast. While you might dismiss it as a lifeless rock at first glance, it still has mysteries to plumb. The starship that discovered it was attacked by some kind of orbital defense system when it got too close; the vessel didn’t have the firepower to respond, so the crew made a prudent retreat. But we Starfinders don’t let these sorts of things go.”

He pauses before continuing. “I’d like you to take a starship, travel to Elytrio, and discover all you can about it. If you find any inhabitants on the planet, do everything in your power to make peaceful contact with them. If the place is deserted, try to locate information about who might have built those defenses. Once you’ve got something interesting, report back to me here at the Lorespire Complex. Any questions?”

Please introduce your character to the group and ask any questions you may have of Arvin. You may make any equipment purchases and select your slotted boons (list them either on your character sheet or on character details slide). Also, you'll have to select a starship, either the Drake or the Pegasus - the stats for both are listed in the slides. Alternatively, you can make your purchases, select boons, and select your starship after Arvin answers your questions.

Second Seekers

Android Technomancer 2 (Scholar Theme) | N | SP 12/12 |HP 14/14 | RES 5/5 | EAC 13; KAC 13 | Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +3 | Init +2, Perception +0 | spells 1st lvl 2/3
Skills:
Computers +9, Culture +6, Engineering +9, Life Science +9, Mysticism +5, Physical Science +10, Piloting +7, Sense Motive -2, Sleight of Hand +8

“Salutations, fellow Starfinders.” echoes a voice from the back of the room. A tall, thin figure in a black robe strides forward towards the holographic display. Gloved hands pull back a dark hood, revealing a face of pale, bluish skin stretched over a series of wires and circuitry. “My designation is 7019090072452414749257838637412586730286754309.”

The android’s visual scanners survey those gathered before it as its artificial brain makes a series of calculations. Engaging an apparent subroutine, the android continues, “However, I understand that most humanoids tend to prefer brevity to precision. Therefore, you may refer to me as ‘Sev’.”

Turning towards the glow of the holographic planet, Sev once again engages its vocalization circuits.

“Initial inquiry. What is known of the capabilities of Elytrio's orbital defense system?”

“Second inquiry. What atmospheric and terrestrial conditions have been observed on Elytrio?”

"Third inquiry. By what manner did Elytrio receive its designation? The android pauses to allow further processing, then continues, "Presumably, the designation of a presently lifeless planet would be derived either from a designation given to it by any former inhabitants or from an extra-planetary source."

Wayfinders

Female Damaya Lashunta Operative 1 | SP 6/6 HP 10/10 RP 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 15 | Fort -1 Ref +5 Will +2 | Init +4 Perc +6 | Detect thoughts 1/1 | Active conditions: None

Remi is an olive-skinned lashunta, 6 feet tall and thin after the manner of all damaya lashuntas. She blinks when the android rattles off a string of numbers, trying desperately to retain more than the first three digits, but relaxes in relief when it offers a nickname as an alternative. "Thank you, Sev. My name is Remi."

She pulls out a datapad to take notes on the mission briefing, and listens with increasing excitement. A new and unexplored planet? Possibly making peaceful contact with an unidentified life form? Now this is why I joined the Starfinders!

She can't think of many questions, given that they know so little about their destination, for obvious reasons. But she does ask, "Do we know if anyone else has an interest in the planet? Groups other than the Starfinder Society, for example?"

When we're done with the briefing, I will sell back my laser pistol to buy a static arc pistol and a tactical semi-auto pistol. Boons are listed in my character sheet.

Acquisitives

Male Akitonian Ysoki Ace Pilot Mechanic/1 (SP 6/6 HP 8/8 RP 4/4 | EAC:14 KAC:15 | F:+2 R:+6 W:+0 | Init:+4 | Perc:+4 Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | Pulsecaster rifle +4 (1d6/—) | PH 3/3 DG 1/1
Skills:
Acrobatics +4 Athletics -1 Bluff +0 Computers +8 Culture +4 Diplomacy +0 Disguise +0 Engineering +10 Intimidate +0 LifeSci +3 Medicine +7 Mysticism +0 Perc +4 PhysSci +3 Piloting +12 Prof Vidgamer +7 SM +0 SoH +4 Stealth +6
Starship:
Pilot +12 Engineer +10 Science +8 Gunner +5 Captain I+0/D+0/B+0

The ysoki in the flight suit with a colorful shirt draped over it sits up to see better.

Heh. Nice t'meetcha, 7019090072452414749257838637412586730286754309. Yup, I think you're right - "Sev" is much easier. I got a cousin named Bluerock Shambles Kornmaller Sheduggadit Mistlemoe. His name is shorter than yours, and we just call him "Hey you!". Anyway, Naboh's the name. Nice t'meetcha, too, Remi. I think I'll call you "Remi".

Perception DC10:

Hidden just under the fur on Naboh's head is a series of memory nodes and a datajack. He had the assistance of a computer to remember that number so easily. He hopes you're impressed with his attention to detail.

Yeah, my cousin worked on that ship when it limped back into port. Sounds like it got pretty furry out there. 'Course, my cousin's pretty furry, so maybe it wasn't that bad.

I just got one question: what starship will we get?

No need to actually answer, this is fluff only.

If the ships are anywhere nearby, Naboh loses interest in the briefing and wanders out to inspect them.

Ooooh, a Pegasus! Sweet ride! My cousin flew one on a bug hunt last year. Says they're smoother than mother's milk to fly. That's Naboh's vote.

Boons are listed on my character sheet, and I've spent all my money.

Wayfinders

Male Shirren Mystic (ace pilot) 2; SP 14/14, HP 18/18, RP 6/6; EAC 13, KAC 14, CMD 22; F +1, R +2, W +8; Spd 30; Init +2; Perception +11 (blindsense 30)

A black-chitined shirren observes the interactions quizzically, his antennae perking up in response to each Starfinder’s name. Take 10 on Perception for total of 20. He tilts his head and spies the datajack implanted in the ysoki’s head. A deep yet warm telepathic voice resonates in everyone’s head. Good thing we have so many teammates with such keen attention to detail. I am Id-Sinitis, but fellow Starfinders call me “Id” for short. It seems Ibra has blessed our society with a new planet to explore, I look forward to scoping it out and learning its secrets!

Id looks at the holographic planet. It doesn’t look too hospitable. Did the defense system feature any kind of communications? Any indication there might be intelligent life, or hints about how to communicate with it? He then turns to the distractable ysoki. Pegasus seems a fine choice. It’s maneuverability makes for a graceful journey through space.

@GM Slides and marching order set for me, going to list purchases once the briefing is finished.


GM 101: Exoguardians | The Commencement | Yesteryear's Truth

Arvin looks over towards Sev and replies, "Sadly, little is known of the orbital defense system. The previous Starfinder ship was a very lightly armed exploration ship so it didn't take much to outmatch her. And, sadly, that ship crashed on a different planet and her crew perished. Our salvage team was able to recover the star charts leading to Elytrio but additional information about the defense system perished with her crew."

"As for the planet's conditions, we don't know much, I'm afraid. Initial scans were too brief to get many details. It indicated a wasteland with trace amounts of radiation in the atmosphere, so there is a distinct possibility the planet's current appearance is not entirely natural."

"And regarding the planet's naming, that was done by the astronomer who first discovered it - presumably with high-powered telescope-like equipment. Can't say I know exactly who that individual was, when the planet was first sighted, or that person's reason for naming it Elytrio. This planet was sighted ages ago but the path to it was only recently charted by the previous Starfinders." Arvin gives the team a wry grin, concluding his answer with, "However, I wouldn't be surprised if said astronomer named the planet after his/her significant other in a bid to win over additional affection. I've found that an unusually large number of astronomical bodies have been named in such a manner. What I don't know is whether those astronomers succeeded in winning over the affection they seeked."

Next, Arvin turns towards Remi. "At present, we do not know of any other organizations that would be interested in Elytrio. As far as we know, the Starfinder Society is the only organization that has any information about Elytrio, scant as this information currently is."

Amused by the rambling Naboh, Arvin reaches to the console in front of him and taps a few buttons. A fully rotatable, zoomable holographic image of the Drake and the Pegasus along with full technical specs are displayed for the Ysoki to examine to his heart's delight. With a quiet chuckle, Arvin says quietly to no one in particular, "Hehe...that'll keep him occupied for a little while."

Responding to Id, Arvin says, "Regarding the defenses, interesting question. But unfortunately, we don't know." Essentially the same answer to Sev's question

"Intelligent life...wouldn't that be exciting? Sadly, we just don't know but we're relying on you all to find out! Those defenses have to have been put there for a reason. I would start with any signs of civilization: a city, or even the ruins of one. If the planet is completely deserted, try searching for some kind of interesting flora, fauna, or mineral deposit. In terms of how to communicate with intelligent life, I've taken the liberty of speaking with Fitch and he'll be in contact shortly with some manner of assistance."

Second Seekers

Android Technomancer 2 (Scholar Theme) | N | SP 12/12 |HP 14/14 | RES 5/5 | EAC 13; KAC 13 | Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +3 | Init +2, Perception +0 | spells 1st lvl 2/3
Skills:
Computers +9, Culture +6, Engineering +9, Life Science +9, Mysticism +5, Physical Science +10, Piloting +7, Sense Motive -2, Sleight of Hand +8

Sev’s head noticeably twitches, then suddenly stills.
“It is apparent that the amount of available information is rather… limited.” notes the android as it addresses the gathering, displaying no apparent concern or deference to its superior officer.
“The presence of an orbital defense system indicates that one or more entities wishes to deter other beings, such as the Society, from approaching the planet’s surface. Therefore, it is probable that any entity that invested the resources to emplace an orbital defense system would invest in some means to be alerted as to when the system has been activated."

The android concludes: "Absent any contrary analysis, I shall endeavor to obtain a signal jammer, which could be attached to the broadcasting station of our transport in an effort to delay our detection, if not avoid it all together.”

Sev has sufficient funds to purchase a Tier 2 signal jammer for 400 credits.

“As for the selection of our transport, the Drake is more heavily-armored than the Pegasus and, therefore, logic would seem to dictate that it would be the more suitable transport for any engagement with an orbital defense system."

Sev favors its "logic", but will defer to the party.

Wayfinders

Female Damaya Lashunta Operative 1 | SP 6/6 HP 10/10 RP 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 15 | Fort -1 Ref +5 Will +2 | Init +4 Perc +6 | Detect thoughts 1/1 | Active conditions: None

"That depends on what the defense system consists of. If it's something that can be avoided, then having extra agility would help as well. It's better to not be hit at all than to be able to take a few more hits, after all. But without knowing the specifics, it's all speculation."

Not knowing much about starships herself, Remi shrugs. "I would be fine with either ship, but I suppose I trust those who know more about it," she says, gesturing towards Naboh who seems to have a strong opinion on the matter.

She's ready to be done with the preparations here so they can go find Fitch to hear about the intriguing assistance they apparently have waiting for them.

Dataphiles

Female
special:
Low light and Dark vision, +2 saves vs: disease, mind effects, poison,sleep. (unless effect targets constructs), Expertise: sense motive and diplomacy, Envoy improv. inspire boost,Theme knowldge :life science.
Android
Skills/Feats:
acro+6,Athle+4,comp+5,cult+5,Dipl+6,Life sci+5,med.+1,Percp+4,Prof writer+6, Sense motive, -2, Survive,+4 |Basic melee, small arm,grenade, skill synergy(physical sci and survive)
Envoy(xenoseeker) | Int +2 | Percp +4 | Stamina 1/11 | HP. 10 | RP 3 | EAC: 13 | KAC : 14

Padme' arrives a few moments late to the briefing so, she decides to remain quiet and gather as much information as she can, so she doesn't repeat a question that had already been asked. The fellow android known as "Sev", had already asked many of the questions that, she would have made inquiries about. Therefore, she decided to simplify her two remaining questions. When would you like us to leave Venture Captain Arvin and do you have any recommendations for equipment we may want to bring with us?

A few moments later Padme' responds to Sev's conclusion:

Sev+ wrote:
“As for the selection of our transport, the Drake is more heavily-armored than the Pegasus and, therefore, logic would seem to dictate that it would be the more suitable transport for any engagement with an orbital defense system."

The one known as "Sev", makes a reasonable conclusion... Padme studies the schematics of both vessels briefly. I'd rather have the extra armor than maneuverability, in this instance.

Wayfinders

male shirren / priest / mystic / 1 | NG | SP 7/7 HP 12/12 RP 5/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13, | Fort +1; Ref +1; Will +6; | Init:+1, Percep:+8 | spells 1st.lvl 2/3

Suddenly a shirren with blue skin, big yellow eyes and some kind of glowing blue hologram above his head appeares, "Forgive me, I'm late!"
In right hand he holds his battlestaff. On the belt he has a lot of stuff and a gun. There is not much clothes on him.
S%$#, I'm late again. I guess I'll be able to figure out what our goal is during the mission.

Acquisitives

Male Akitonian Ysoki Ace Pilot Mechanic/1 (SP 6/6 HP 8/8 RP 4/4 | EAC:14 KAC:15 | F:+2 R:+6 W:+0 | Init:+4 | Perc:+4 Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | Pulsecaster rifle +4 (1d6/—) | PH 3/3 DG 1/1
Skills:
Acrobatics +4 Athletics -1 Bluff +0 Computers +8 Culture +4 Diplomacy +0 Disguise +0 Engineering +10 Intimidate +0 LifeSci +3 Medicine +7 Mysticism +0 Perc +4 PhysSci +3 Piloting +12 Prof Vidgamer +7 SM +0 SoH +4 Stealth +6
Starship:
Pilot +12 Engineer +10 Science +8 Gunner +5 Captain I+0/D+0/B+0

Hey! Just in time to cast the tie-breaking vote.

Naboh leads the new arrival in to meet the others, making introductions.

Y'know, I got a cousin looks kinda like you. Horrrrrible industrial accident. I guess I should say "looked" like you. I suppose she's probably just bones by now. She started off lookin' like me. Now only you look like you. Funny, huh?

So, can I count on your vote? Sleek, graceful Pegasus? Or lumbering, stodgy Drake?

I'm happy with either ship. Naboh has strong opinions, but I don't.

Wayfinders

CG Ysoki Ace Pilot Operative (Hacker) 1 SP 6/6 HP 8/8 RP 4/4 EAC 15 KAC 16 F+0 R+6 W+2 Init+5 Perc+5 (DV)

With the questions seemingly over & the briefing mostly concluded, the shadows move as the final member of the team steps out. Another ysoki, this one dressed in sleek form fitting clothing makes himself known with a wide nod.

"I'm Twik - known to many as "The Jack". Sounds like a mostly straight forward recon mission. Perfect. Who's driving? They can have my vote on which ship we take."

Sorry for the delay team. I needed to build a new character. I can fulfil the same starship role as originally allocated.


GM 101: Exoguardians | The Commencement | Yesteryear's Truth

Arvin turns to Padme' and responds, "Elytrio isn't going anywhere, so you have time to conduct any preparations you see fit and either of the two starships are ready for departure whenever you are. My preference, of course, is that your team doesn't delay any longer than necessary. Regarding equipment, there are no special items that I would draw your attention to. Your starship, as expected, will be fully provisioned with food and water."

That's two votes for the Pegasus and two votes for the Drake. Any other votes?

Wayfinders

male shirren / priest / mystic / 1 | NG | SP 7/7 HP 12/12 RP 5/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13, | Fort +1; Ref +1; Will +6; | Init:+1, Percep:+8 | spells 1st.lvl 2/3

Sorry I did not introduce myself! My name is Dyukela!
And I vote for Pegasus.


GM 101: Exoguardians | The Commencement | Yesteryear's Truth

OK, with Twik voting in line with the pilot Naboh, that's a total of 4 votes for the Pegasus and 2 for the Drake, so we'll be rolling with the Pegasus!

"Very well, the Pegasus it is. The coordinates will be pre-programmed into the ship's systems and be awaiting you in Docking Bay 27. I fully trust you all to make your own decisions while in the field on this mission. Good luck!"

As you depart the briefing, a small robotic drone approaches you projecting a holoscreen image of a confused looking ysoki child whose head is quickly pushed out of the screen by an older ysoki woman. “Fitch from the Wayfinders here. Sorry about Kirkath popping on the screen; kids always like the holoprojectors. Anyways, long and short, I hear you’ve been assigned to explore Elytrio. First contact is important. Need to make a good impression. Wayfinders specialize in this sort of thing, so I wanted to offer some help! The drone has a translation module strapped on its back. It’s not as reliable as some magical solutions you might have, but if you’re in a pinch for communicating, it might help! Good luck Starfinders!” You hear a loud crash from the holoscreen and you see Fitch turn her head, yelling, "Kirkath! Put down that flaming...." And the holoscreen stops projecting. On the back of the drone, as promised is a translation device.

Details of the translator are now on the slides next to the Pegasus stat block. At this point, feel free to ask any final questions, purchase equipment, re-slot boons, etc. After a bit of time, I'll move on to the next scene. Also, as far as the marching order, note that it doesn't have to be single file. It can be set up as two abreast.

Wayfinders

Male Shirren Mystic (ace pilot) 2; SP 14/14, HP 18/18, RP 6/6; EAC 13, KAC 14, CMD 22; F +1, R +2, W +8; Spd 30; Init +2; Perception +11 (blindsense 30)

Id's mandibles twitch with excitement. First contact, this is a dream come true! Well, without any specific information, I'll spend some of my credits on generically useful information. Let's do this!

Purchases:
Start: 2,718 credits
- 280 (2 spell gems, share language)
- 140 (spell gem, remove condition)
- 140 (spell gem, life bubble)
- 140 (spell gem, mystic cure)
- 150 (antitoxin, tier 1)
- 100 (2 serums of healing, mk 1)
- 1,400 (personal upgrade, Wisdom ability crystal, which Id will activate prior to departure)
Final: 368 credits

Changes to character sheet, equipment tracking sheet, and stat header pending; will try to have them finished by the end of the day today or tomorrow.

Acquisitives

Male Akitonian Ysoki Ace Pilot Mechanic/1 (SP 6/6 HP 8/8 RP 4/4 | EAC:14 KAC:15 | F:+2 R:+6 W:+0 | Init:+4 | Perc:+4 Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | Pulsecaster rifle +4 (1d6/—) | PH 3/3 DG 1/1
Skills:
Acrobatics +4 Athletics -1 Bluff +0 Computers +8 Culture +4 Diplomacy +0 Disguise +0 Engineering +10 Intimidate +0 LifeSci +3 Medicine +7 Mysticism +0 Perc +4 PhysSci +3 Piloting +12 Prof Vidgamer +7 SM +0 SoH +4 Stealth +6
Starship:
Pilot +12 Engineer +10 Science +8 Gunner +5 Captain I+0/D+0/B+0

Naboh settles into the cockpit with open glee.

Oh, yeah, baby. That's the ticket.

He hangs a small, malformed sculpture of what should be a sleek starship from the nearest screen. He taps it lovingly and announces,

I'm ready to go.

Oh hi, Jack. Hey, I got a cousin who dresses like you. Firmish Cacklebottom? From Akiton? You know him? Great guy. Owes me fifty credits. He's good for it, though. Probably.

Second Seekers

Android Technomancer 2 (Scholar Theme) | N | SP 12/12 |HP 14/14 | RES 5/5 | EAC 13; KAC 13 | Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +3 | Init +2, Perception +0 | spells 1st lvl 2/3
Skills:
Computers +9, Culture +6, Engineering +9, Life Science +9, Mysticism +5, Physical Science +10, Piloting +7, Sense Motive -2, Sleight of Hand +8

Android Technomage 2 SP 12/12 HP 14/14 RP 5/5 | EAC:13 KAC:14 | F:+2 R:+2 W:+3 | Init:+2 | Perc:+0 Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft | Laser rifle, azimuth +4 (1d8 F, 1d6 burn)

Skills:

Computers +9 Culture +6 Engineering +9 LifeScience +9 Medicine +7 Mysticism +5 Perception +0 PhysicalScience +10 Piloting +7 sense Motive -2 SleightofHand +8

Starship:

Engineer (+10), Science (+9) Gunner (+9), Pilot (+7)


Sev arrives at the Pegasus, stows its remaining acquisitions, and attaches its newly-acquired signal jammer within the broadcasting station of the vessel . “Once activated, the signal jammer should block all communications devices within a twelve mile radius from sending or receiving radio broadcasts. Wireless signals, however, will not be affected. Please advise whether you think it prudent to secure a second device.”

Purchases:

Start: 2,340 credits
-400 (signal jammer Tier 2)
- 735 (ring of resistance, mk 1)
-150 (antitoxin, Tier 1)
-100 (2 serums of healing, mk 1)
- 20 (toolkit, engineering)
Final: 935 credits

Added Sev to the front in marching order. Boons slotted. Not sure how to do a header, but character info is uptop.

Also, it is not clear to me from the RAW whether both a radio signal jammer and a wireless signal jammer can be attached to the ship at the same time. If they can, then Sev will also purchase a wireless signal jammer (Tier 2) at 400 credits leaving it with 535 credits.

Otherwise, ready to get to space.


GM 101: Exoguardians | The Commencement | Yesteryear's Truth

Sev, I'll say you can attach multiple jammers to the ship if you wish. However, while in space combat, the distances involved are going to be far greater than 12 miles, rendering them ineffective most of the time. Of course out of combat, if you get close enough to your target (in space or planetside), then you can certainly use the jammers.

For the header, I usually just put all the details into the 'race' field of my character. You could also use class/levels and gender fields (and possibly others) if you need more space.

I've also got a skill question for you regarding your character which I'll ask you about via PM

Dataphiles

Female
special:
Low light and Dark vision, +2 saves vs: disease, mind effects, poison,sleep. (unless effect targets constructs), Expertise: sense motive and diplomacy, Envoy improv. inspire boost,Theme knowldge :life science.
Android
Skills/Feats:
acro+6,Athle+4,comp+5,cult+5,Dipl+6,Life sci+5,med.+1,Percp+4,Prof writer+6, Sense motive, -2, Survive,+4 |Basic melee, small arm,grenade, skill synergy(physical sci and survive)
Envoy(xenoseeker) | Int +2 | Percp +4 | Stamina 1/11 | HP. 10 | RP 3 | EAC: 13 | KAC : 14

Padme listens to the briefing and nods when Arvin responds to her questions. Later when the robot comes she quietly disconnects the translation module from the back of the drone and slips it in her pack. She slips away from the group for a few hours and finds an outfitter shop and purchases a survival knife. Later, she meets of with her fellow Starfinder agents at the Pegasus docking bay.

Wayfinders

male shirren / priest / mystic / 1 | NG | SP 7/7 HP 12/12 RP 5/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13, | Fort +1; Ref +1; Will +6; | Init:+1, Percep:+8 | spells 1st.lvl 2/3

"You guys have a lot of credits. I can only dream of buying new things."

There will be better times for me.

Second Seekers

Android Technomancer 2 (Scholar Theme) | N | SP 12/12 |HP 14/14 | RES 5/5 | EAC 13; KAC 13 | Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +3 | Init +2, Perception +0 | spells 1st lvl 2/3
Skills:
Computers +9, Culture +6, Engineering +9, Life Science +9, Mysticism +5, Physical Science +10, Piloting +7, Sense Motive -2, Sleight of Hand +8

Sev leaves briefly and returns with a second signal jammer, which it attaches to the broadcasting system of the Pegasus. "To be forewarned is to be forearmed."

Sev purchased a second, wireless signal jammer. If not useful in space, it may prove useful planet-side during this or future missions. I could not find under RAW, but I assume that detaching the jammers will take only a round or two and not minutes.

GM bigboom - I responded to skill question. I will update my fields.

Wayfinders

CG Ysoki Ace Pilot Operative (Hacker) 1 SP 6/6 HP 8/8 RP 4/4 EAC 15 KAC 16 F+0 R+6 W+2 Init+5 Perc+5 (DV)

Twik follows Naboh to the cockpit, his professional curiosity aroused. He responds absentmindedly to the questoin despite probably not being expected to reply...

”Nah don’t know him. Long time since I been to Akiton”

He sits himself down at a computer terminal brings up the ship schematics and begins to review them.....you know....just in case.

Wayfinders

Female Damaya Lashunta Operative 1 | SP 6/6 HP 10/10 RP 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 15 | Fort -1 Ref +5 Will +2 | Init +4 Perc +6 | Detect thoughts 1/1 | Active conditions: None

Remi moves onto the Pegasus and after leaving her backpack into a convenient corner she settles into familiarizing herself with the ship's computer, sensor, and weapons systems. It never hurts to be familiar with the ship you're traveling in.

Ready for departure


GM 101: Exoguardians | The Commencement | Yesteryear's Truth

It takes 5d6 ⇒ (3, 4, 2, 4, 1) = 14 days to make the journey through the Drift to Elytrio. The trip is mostly uneventful, though you pass a ysoki salvage barge named Clutter Collector. The ship’s captain, a ysoki named Winks opens a communication link to talk you, more out of boredom than anything else. After some chit chat and gossip about the latest reality TV stars, she thanks you for your conversation before having to end the link an hour later as her ship moves out of range. After re-entering normal space, your vessel is less than a few hours’ travel from your destination.

As you approach Elytrio, your comms suddenly squawk to life, filled with a crackling robotic voice in an alien language you do not recognize. The tone of the message is strident.

DC 12 Culture or Sense Motive:
Based upon the tone, you recognize the message as a warning!

The alien message repeats itself but each recurrence stutters and distorts, like a corrupted audio file until it eventually cuts off with a loud burst of static. At that moment, a large circular vessel comes into view from behind one of the planet's moons. It approaches your ship and while it has no visible weapons, it does emit a ring of red light from it's hull.

Image of this vessel now displayed on the NPC slide.

Dataphiles

Female
special:
Low light and Dark vision, +2 saves vs: disease, mind effects, poison,sleep. (unless effect targets constructs), Expertise: sense motive and diplomacy, Envoy improv. inspire boost,Theme knowldge :life science.
Android
Skills/Feats:
acro+6,Athle+4,comp+5,cult+5,Dipl+6,Life sci+5,med.+1,Percp+4,Prof writer+6, Sense motive, -2, Survive,+4 |Basic melee, small arm,grenade, skill synergy(physical sci and survive)
Envoy(xenoseeker) | Int +2 | Percp +4 | Stamina 1/11 | HP. 10 | RP 3 | EAC: 13 | KAC : 14

After helping the ground crew with the final systems check..Padme boards the Pegasus and finds the captain's quarters. Hmm small quarters..but fittingly so, for a smaller more nimble ship. After she's through stowing her gear she heads to the bridge to see how final departure checks were proceeding. Leaning close to Remi sitting at her station..Padme ask, How does everything look? Will we be ready to leave soon?

Second Seekers

Android Technomancer 2 (Scholar Theme) | N | SP 12/12 |HP 14/14 | RES 5/5 | EAC 13; KAC 13 | Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +3 | Init +2, Perception +0 | spells 1st lvl 2/3
Skills:
Computers +9, Culture +6, Engineering +9, Life Science +9, Mysticism +5, Physical Science +10, Piloting +7, Sense Motive -2, Sleight of Hand +8

Culture check:
Culture: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

"Receiving transmission." Sev swivels the chair, where it is seated at the ship's science station console, toward the rest of the crew. "Analysis indicates that the incoming transmission is an automated warning."

Sev stoically turns its chair back towards the console. "Unknown vessel approaching.", it states. After its artificial digits tap rapidly at the console's input pad, it speaks again: “Initiating preliminary scans.”

Computer check (use ship sensors):
Computer: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14

+11 Computer check = 2 skill ranks + 3 class bonus +4 ability modifier + 2 Computers from ship

Acquisitives

Male Akitonian Ysoki Ace Pilot Mechanic/1 (SP 6/6 HP 8/8 RP 4/4 | EAC:14 KAC:15 | F:+2 R:+6 W:+0 | Init:+4 | Perc:+4 Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | Pulsecaster rifle +4 (1d6/—) | PH 3/3 DG 1/1
Skills:
Acrobatics +4 Athletics -1 Bluff +0 Computers +8 Culture +4 Diplomacy +0 Disguise +0 Engineering +10 Intimidate +0 LifeSci +3 Medicine +7 Mysticism +0 Perc +4 PhysSci +3 Piloting +12 Prof Vidgamer +7 SM +0 SoH +4 Stealth +6
Starship:
Pilot +12 Engineer +10 Science +8 Gunner +5 Captain I+0/D+0/B+0

Naboh pulls at his neckline nervously.

Uhhh, Captain? I don't like the looks of those side nacelles. I got a cousin, works in the Vesk Navy (yeah, don't ask -- it's a long story). Anyway, those look like awfully big weapons it's pointing at us.

Wayfinders

CG Ysoki Ace Pilot Operative (Hacker) 1 SP 6/6 HP 8/8 RP 4/4 EAC 15 KAC 16 F+0 R+6 W+2 Init+5 Perc+5 (DV)

Twik examines the newly arrived vessel with a despondent air. He mutters quietly to Naboh....
”I hope you know what you are doing in that chair. I can see where this is going...”

He heaves a great sigh, gets up, grabs his tools and heads deeper into the bowels of the ship.

Dataphiles

Female
special:
Low light and Dark vision, +2 saves vs: disease, mind effects, poison,sleep. (unless effect targets constructs), Expertise: sense motive and diplomacy, Envoy improv. inspire boost,Theme knowldge :life science.
Android
Skills/Feats:
acro+6,Athle+4,comp+5,cult+5,Dipl+6,Life sci+5,med.+1,Percp+4,Prof writer+6, Sense motive, -2, Survive,+4 |Basic melee, small arm,grenade, skill synergy(physical sci and survive)
Envoy(xenoseeker) | Int +2 | Percp +4 | Stamina 1/11 | HP. 10 | RP 3 | EAC: 13 | KAC : 14

Let's see if we can hail them. Science have you completed a scan of their ship yet? Padme walks over to the science station and hands them the translator computer module. See if this helps to interpret that, chatter coming over the channel. Run it through the ship's computer if need be. Padme' paces back and forth behind her command chair waiting for answers. What could they want? They didn't come with guns blazing..so what's their desire?

culture check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Wayfinders

male shirren / priest / mystic / 1 | NG | SP 7/7 HP 12/12 RP 5/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13, | Fort +1; Ref +1; Will +6; | Init:+1, Percep:+8 | spells 1st.lvl 2/3

Dyukela entered the ship and sat on the science officer's chair. "Captain, I'm ready for scanning!"

Computers: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


GM 101: Exoguardians | The Commencement | Yesteryear's Truth

Hailing the vessel results in the same recurring message coming through comms including the audio stuttering and distortion. Unfortunately, the translator is not receiving enough linguistic samples from this single recurring message to begin translating the language (although your ship's computer can record the message and replay it for you later if the translator decodes the language).

Sev and Dyukela's scans reveal that the vessel is some kind of platform that is part of an automated system that is completely unoccupied with the following details:

Sev & Dyukela, when scanning, feel free to add the Pegasus' +2 Computer modifier to your rolls

Scan Results:
Medium starship drone platform
Speed 6; Maneuverability average (turn 2)
AC 14; TL 13
HP 70; DT —; CT 14
Shields basic 40 (forward 10, port 10, starboard 10, aft 10)

Moments after the scans complete, apertures open up on the side nacelles and the platform enters into a combat posture! Looks like Twik called this one correctly...

Starship combat initiated and map revealed!

Round 1 initiative:
Naboh's Piloting: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 12 + 1 = 26
Enemy's Piloting: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

Naboh wins initiative! The platform remains stationary and doesn't move.

Everyone may declare your crew actions and take your rolls!

Second Seekers

Android Technomancer 2 (Scholar Theme) | N | SP 12/12 |HP 14/14 | RES 5/5 | EAC 13; KAC 13 | Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +3 | Init +2, Perception +0 | spells 1st lvl 2/3
Skills:
Computers +9, Culture +6, Engineering +9, Life Science +9, Mysticism +5, Physical Science +10, Piloting +7, Sense Motive -2, Sleight of Hand +8

"Captain, the approaching vessel is a drone platform. Scans indicate that its offensive capabilities are presently unascertainable... but active." Sev reports. "Combat appears to be imminent.

"Your orders, Captain?"

Assuming the platform is further than 12 miles away, Sev plans to use the starship's sensors to target a specific system on the platform--whichever system the Captain orders to be targeted. Sev will recommend weapons.

If the ship comes within 12 miles of the platform, Sev plans to activate the signal jammers and recommend the same to the Captain. If this does not require an action, then Sev will also target a ship system as above.

Upon receiving orders, Sev again engages the controls on the science console. Computers: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

Wayfinders

Male Shirren Mystic (ace pilot) 2; SP 14/14, HP 18/18, RP 6/6; EAC 13, KAC 14, CMD 22; F +1, R +2, W +8; Spd 30; Init +2; Perception +11 (blindsense 30)

Culture: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Id hustles to the turret platform and begins targeting the strange vessel. He connects to the bridge via his station's intercom. "Turret is ready to engage on your order, captain. Given that automated message sounds like a warning or threat, I'm guessing we'll have to put these guns to good use."

Acquisitives

Male Akitonian Ysoki Ace Pilot Mechanic/1 (SP 6/6 HP 8/8 RP 4/4 | EAC:14 KAC:15 | F:+2 R:+6 W:+0 | Init:+4 | Perc:+4 Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | Pulsecaster rifle +4 (1d6/—) | PH 3/3 DG 1/1
Skills:
Acrobatics +4 Athletics -1 Bluff +0 Computers +8 Culture +4 Diplomacy +0 Disguise +0 Engineering +10 Intimidate +0 LifeSci +3 Medicine +7 Mysticism +0 Perc +4 PhysSci +3 Piloting +12 Prof Vidgamer +7 SM +0 SoH +4 Stealth +6
Starship:
Pilot +12 Engineer +10 Science +8 Gunner +5 Captain I+0/D+0/B+0

Reminder from the Discussion thread:
Captain: Padme' (Diplomacy +6)
Pilot: Naboh (+12)
Engineer: Fixit (+11)
Science: Sev (+9)
Secondary Science: Dyukela (+2)
Gunners: Remi (+4), Id-Sinitis (+4)

Naboh does a quick scan of the weapons array and determines that the coilgun turret is well within firing range, but the light laser cannons are going to have a tough time hitting from this far away.

I'm moving us in closer, Captain. It would help to know what kind of range his guns have. Hang on, here we go.

Evade DC14: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 12 + 1 = 15

His hand slips on the unfamiliar controls, but he quickly recovers and completes his maneuver.

Nice first impression, goob. I hope nobody saw that.

+2 to ship's AC and TL for this round. LLC's should only have a -2 range penalty.

Wayfinders

Female Damaya Lashunta Operative 1 | SP 6/6 HP 10/10 RP 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 15 | Fort -1 Ref +5 Will +2 | Init +4 Perc +6 | Detect thoughts 1/1 | Active conditions: None

"Ah... I guess we found the defense system? It's frustrating that we can't understand the words, but that definitely looks threatening." She hastens over to the weapons station and pulls up controls for the laser cannons. Seeing the large vessel not yet making a move, she comments with doubt in her voice, "I don't suppose we could just outrun that thing and get past it to the planet?"

Her hand hovers over the fore cannon control as she looks around to see if anyone else objects to firing first.

Wayfinders

male shirren / priest / mystic / 1 | NG | SP 7/7 HP 12/12 RP 5/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13, | Fort +1; Ref +1; Will +6; | Init:+1, Percep:+8 | spells 1st.lvl 2/3

"Captain I will target the core of the drone platform!"

Computers: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 2 = 10

Wayfinders

CG Ysoki Ace Pilot Operative (Hacker) 1 SP 6/6 HP 8/8 RP 4/4 EAC 15 KAC 16 F+0 R+6 W+2 Init+5 Perc+5 (DV)

Twik switch his personal comm unit to broadcast to the bridge so he can work hands free.

"Diverting auxiliary power to weapons! Let's take this thing out fast! Then I wont have to get as dirty fixing this thing"

The last comes off as a mumble.

Engineering, Divert Power to Weapons vs DC13: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17

Dataphiles

Female
special:
Low light and Dark vision, +2 saves vs: disease, mind effects, poison,sleep. (unless effect targets constructs), Expertise: sense motive and diplomacy, Envoy improv. inspire boost,Theme knowldge :life science.
Android
Skills/Feats:
acro+6,Athle+4,comp+5,cult+5,Dipl+6,Life sci+5,med.+1,Percp+4,Prof writer+6, Sense motive, -2, Survive,+4 |Basic melee, small arm,grenade, skill synergy(physical sci and survive)
Envoy(xenoseeker) | Int +2 | Percp +4 | Stamina 1/11 | HP. 10 | RP 3 | EAC: 13 | KAC : 14

Alright then guess we found one of their orbital defense systems! Padme' has to boost her emotion protocol to represent enthusiasm so her orders come off as a little over acted and melodramatic. Science..double check to make sure this platform is automated and no lifeforms are present. Then re-align the shields on the Pegasus to strengthen the front shields. Padme takes a breathe and continues.
Hold off targeting their weapons until the other two orders are carried out.

Naboh , move forward so all are guns are in effective range. Keep the bow of the ship facing the platform if at all possible to maximize or shields. Padme' pauses as if just remembering something, But be evasive Naboh..

Padme' punches the com button on her arm chair to talk to engineering. Engineering..we'll need as much a boost to the shields as you can give us! Hitting another button Padme' announces over the intercom..Gunners! Weapons free! Fire for effect!

encourage Remi (guns): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

for further clarification the captain is asking: Captain is asking science to hold the scan for one more round for 2 purposes: 1 flavor (make sure there's no life forms on board) 2 practical..would like to know more about their weapons systems (like should we run ?!); After scanning for an additional round I'd like to re-balance the shields to the front (unless we run) and remain facing the platform at short range. on the third round lets target the guns if we think we can destroy them.Lastly the captain would like engineering to focus on boosting the shields every round unless a key system needs repair or we need to run (in which case boost the engines)

Acquisitives

Male Akitonian Ysoki Ace Pilot Mechanic/1 (SP 6/6 HP 8/8 RP 4/4 | EAC:14 KAC:15 | F:+2 R:+6 W:+0 | Init:+4 | Perc:+4 Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | Pulsecaster rifle +4 (1d6/—) | PH 3/3 DG 1/1
Skills:
Acrobatics +4 Athletics -1 Bluff +0 Computers +8 Culture +4 Diplomacy +0 Disguise +0 Engineering +10 Intimidate +0 LifeSci +3 Medicine +7 Mysticism +0 Perc +4 PhysSci +3 Piloting +12 Prof Vidgamer +7 SM +0 SoH +4 Stealth +6
Starship:
Pilot +12 Engineer +10 Science +8 Gunner +5 Captain I+0/D+0/B+0

Since the captain can act in any phase, I'm assuming I can retconn my movement to follow her orders? We have enough movement to get the LLCs within range if we use the green path instead of red. Leaving both on the map awaiting GM's decision. Evasive action remains regardless.

Wayfinders

Female Damaya Lashunta Operative 1 | SP 6/6 HP 10/10 RP 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 15 | Fort -1 Ref +5 Will +2 | Init +4 Perc +6 | Detect thoughts 1/1 | Active conditions: None

Padme, I assume that was the DC 15 diplomacy check for the encourage action and not a DC 10 aid another

Remi feels relieved when Padme' begins rattling off orders. The captain's overeager enthusiasm doesn't particularly improve Remi's focus, but at least she knows what to do and engages the forward laser cannon. "Firing away!"

Light laser cannon attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Damage: 2d4 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6

(This was assuming we took the direct green path as Naboh proposed. If not, take -2 from the attack)

Wayfinders

Male Shirren Mystic (ace pilot) 2; SP 14/14, HP 18/18, RP 6/6; EAC 13, KAC 14, CMD 22; F +1, R +2, W +8; Spd 30; Init +2; Perception +11 (blindsense 30)

Id grips the firing stands and looses a spray of shells from the turret, pointing the fire toward the UFO and bracing himself against the recoil.

Attack (turret, coilgun): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Damage: 4d4 ⇒ (1, 1, 2, 1) = 5

Engineer weapons boost converts the 1s to 2s, so that’s actually 8 damage. Still minimum, but better minimum. Fired a shot across her nose, not up it.

Acquisitives

Male Akitonian Ysoki Ace Pilot Mechanic/1 (SP 6/6 HP 8/8 RP 4/4 | EAC:14 KAC:15 | F:+2 R:+6 W:+0 | Init:+4 | Perc:+4 Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | Pulsecaster rifle +4 (1d6/—) | PH 3/3 DG 1/1
Skills:
Acrobatics +4 Athletics -1 Bluff +0 Computers +8 Culture +4 Diplomacy +0 Disguise +0 Engineering +10 Intimidate +0 LifeSci +3 Medicine +7 Mysticism +0 Perc +4 PhysSci +3 Piloting +12 Prof Vidgamer +7 SM +0 SoH +4 Stealth +6
Starship:
Pilot +12 Engineer +10 Science +8 Gunner +5 Captain I+0/D+0/B+0

Nice work making the most of that Engineering boost, Id. :-)

Wayfinders

Male Shirren Mystic (ace pilot) 2; SP 14/14, HP 18/18, RP 6/6; EAC 13, KAC 14, CMD 22; F +1, R +2, W +8; Spd 30; Init +2; Perception +11 (blindsense 30)
Naboh Berrnshaw wrote:
Nice work making the most of that Engineering boost, Id. :-)

Just trying to keep everyone relevant, ya know? ;-)

Second Seekers

Android Technomancer 2 (Scholar Theme) | N | SP 12/12 |HP 14/14 | RES 5/5 | EAC 13; KAC 13 | Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +3 | Init +2, Perception +0 | spells 1st lvl 2/3
Skills:
Computers +9, Culture +6, Engineering +9, Life Science +9, Mysticism +5, Physical Science +10, Piloting +7, Sense Motive -2, Sleight of Hand +8

Upon receiving Padme’s orders, Sev’s eyes begin to slightly twitch.

Internal query: Why did the Captain order further scans to confirm the absence of lifeforms?
First postulate: Initial scans did not reveal the presence of lifeforms aboard the drone platform.
Second postulate: This unit conveyed the results of its scan to the Captain and crew.
Third postulate: The Captain ordered this unit to conduct further scans to confirm the absence of lifeforms.
Conclusion: The Captain has doubts regarding the capabilities of this unit.

Further internal query: Are the Captain’s doubts regarding this unit well-founded?
First postulate: Initial scans did not reveal the presence of weapon systems aboard the drone platform.
Second postulate: The drone platform has deployed weapon systems.
Conclusion: The Captain’s doubts are well-founded.

Initiating internal diagnostics to calculate the source of the error… Calculating… Calculating… Calculating… Calculations complete. Conclusion: Power signature of the drone’s nacelles identified as likely source of scan wave interference. Solution: Isolate bandwidth of power signature emissions by recalibration of the forward array before re-engaging sensors.

Nanoseconds later, the android responds, ”Understood, Captain. Re-initiating sensor sweep of the drone."

Unfortunately, Sev’s Computer check result this round, as per above, was a 12.


GM 101: Exoguardians | The Commencement | Yesteryear's Truth

Apologies, that initial pre-combat scans should have revealed a bit more information. Together with the scans from this round pretty much all the details will be revealed down below in the scan results spoiler. As for the retconned ship movement path, the green path is fine. Thanks for the movement arrows by the way...very helpful!

Round 1 Results

Engineering Phase:

  • Twik successfully diverts power to weapons
  • Enemy Engineering Action: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Helm Phase:

  • Naboh successfully evades (note that per the FAQ, your evade DC with this ship is actually DC 13)
  • Evade: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25 ; The platform is more nimble than it appears and executes evasive maneuvers!
  • Sev's scans reveal every last detail to be garnered of this drone platform
  • Dyukela successfully targets the platform's power core
  • Enemy Science Action: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31

Gunnery Phase:

  • Padme', I believe you're missing a 1d6 from your diplomacy expertise die, which I'll roll for you here and add to your initial diplomacy roll: Padme's Encourage, DC 15: 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15. Padme' sees a pattern in the platform's evasive maneuvers and quickly sends telemetry data to Remi's weapons console! (+2 to Remi's attack)
  • The platform's evasive maneuvers nearly confound Remi but the additional telemetry data from Padme' enables Remi to score a hit! (Remi's attack boosted from 15 to 17 vs the platform's AC of 16) (6 points to platform's forward arc)
  • Id's attack strikes true, taking advantage of the excess power from Twik! (8 points to platform's forward arc)
  • The focused fire has penetrated the platform's shields, resulting in some hull damage
  • However, the platform responds by launches an attack drone through one of the open nacelle apertures and it's coming right at you! (Image revealed on slides)

Scan Results:
Medium starship drone platform
Speed 6; Maneuverability average (turn 2)
AC 14; TL 13
HP 70; DT —; CT 14
Shields basic 40 (forward 10, port 10, starboard 10, aft 10)
Attack drone launch
Power Core Pulse Gray (100 PCU); Drift Engine none; Systems basic computer, basic medium-range sensors, mk 2 defenses, mk 3 armor; Expansion Bays drone bays (12 drones)
Modifiers Computers +2, Piloting +1; Complement automated
Other unconventional tracking systems

Pegasus Status:
HP: 55
Shields: 10/10/10/10

Round 2 Initiative:
Naboh's Piloting: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 12 + 1 = 20
Enemy's Piloting: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

Enemy wins initiative - the Pegasus moves first!

Acquisitives

Male Akitonian Ysoki Ace Pilot Mechanic/1 (SP 6/6 HP 8/8 RP 4/4 | EAC:14 KAC:15 | F:+2 R:+6 W:+0 | Init:+4 | Perc:+4 Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | Pulsecaster rifle +4 (1d6/—) | PH 3/3 DG 1/1
Skills:
Acrobatics +4 Athletics -1 Bluff +0 Computers +8 Culture +4 Diplomacy +0 Disguise +0 Engineering +10 Intimidate +0 LifeSci +3 Medicine +7 Mysticism +0 Perc +4 PhysSci +3 Piloting +12 Prof Vidgamer +7 SM +0 SoH +4 Stealth +6
Starship:
Pilot +12 Engineer +10 Science +8 Gunner +5 Captain I+0/D+0/B+0

Am I reading this right? It's got eleven more of those to throw at us? Recommend we take out Mama Drone and maybe the babies will die of loneliness, Captain.

This is somewhat difficult. I'd like some direction from the Captain (and party) before I make my movement. I'll give it a few hours, then post my piloting based on whatever's been posted. Apologies in advance for slowing down combat, and I welcome any suggestions to improve the process.

Wayfinders

CG Ysoki Ace Pilot Operative (Hacker) 1 SP 6/6 HP 8/8 RP 4/4 EAC 15 KAC 16 F+0 R+6 W+2 Init+5 Perc+5 (DV)

Twik voice screeches through the comms

"Drones? It's not shooting at us? It's launching drones? Dammmmmit"

You hear him banging and crashing as he fiddles with the power circuits.

"Kill it. Kill it nowwwwww!"

Engineering, Divert Power to Weapons: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25

He heard you Captain but currently there are no shields to repair so he's going with his first reaction. ie Kill it.

Second Seekers

Android Technomancer 2 (Scholar Theme) | N | SP 12/12 |HP 14/14 | RES 5/5 | EAC 13; KAC 13 | Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +3 | Init +2, Perception +0 | spells 1st lvl 2/3
Skills:
Computers +9, Culture +6, Engineering +9, Life Science +9, Mysticism +5, Physical Science +10, Piloting +7, Sense Motive -2, Sleight of Hand +8
Naboh Berrnshaw wrote:

Am I reading this right? It's got eleven more of those to throw at us? Recommend we take out Mama Drone and maybe the babies will die of loneliness, Captain.

This is somewhat difficult. I'd like some direction from the Captain (and party) before I make my movement. I'll give it a few hours, then post my piloting based on whatever's been posted. Apologies in advance for slowing down combat, and I welcome any suggestions to improve the process.

"Based upon the information presently available, I concur with the analysis of Naboh Berrnshaw. Efficiency dictates that the drone platform be neutralized as soon as possible in order to reduce its capacity to launch additional attack drones. Nevertheless, I think it prudent to scan the attack drone in order to ascertain its capabilities."

The bluish tint of the android's skin reflects the glow of the ship's combat displays as Sev surveys them. "In the meantime, I recommend as follows: Navigate this vessel to the aft side of the drone platform and then maneuver to remain within close proximity to it. Presumably, the attack drones will have to make difficult, tight turns in order to engage with this vessel. Indeed, they may be programmed not to fire their weapons within close proximity of the drone platform so to avoid damaging it. Furthermore, it is possible that the drone platform is sending commands to the attack drones. Therefore, if we can close within twelve miles of the vessel, there is the possibility that the signal jammers attached to this vessel could disrupt those commands."

Unless it receives orders to the contrary, Sev plans to scan the attack drone in order to determine its capabilities.

Computer: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20

Acquisitives

Male Akitonian Ysoki Ace Pilot Mechanic/1 (SP 6/6 HP 8/8 RP 4/4 | EAC:14 KAC:15 | F:+2 R:+6 W:+0 | Init:+4 | Perc:+4 Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | Pulsecaster rifle +4 (1d6/—) | PH 3/3 DG 1/1
Skills:
Acrobatics +4 Athletics -1 Bluff +0 Computers +8 Culture +4 Diplomacy +0 Disguise +0 Engineering +10 Intimidate +0 LifeSci +3 Medicine +7 Mysticism +0 Perc +4 PhysSci +3 Piloting +12 Prof Vidgamer +7 SM +0 SoH +4 Stealth +6
Starship:
Pilot +12 Engineer +10 Science +8 Gunner +5 Captain I+0/D+0/B+0

Roger that. It's gonna be tight, and the forward cannon's not gonna be able to swivel. The port cannon's gonna have a great view, though.

Evade DC13: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 12 + 1 = 20

+2 to ship's AC and TL for this round.

1 to 50 of 252 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [SFS] 1-03 Yesteryear's Truth - GM bigboom Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.