Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Ryuko's Forging of a Kingdom (Inactive)

Game Master Ryuko

Watch five intrepid adventurers bring the whole of the Stolen Lands to civility.


551 to 600 of 765 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

Anton jumps at the talking bush then laughs. "OK, first time I've had a bush talk to me." He rummages through his backpack and brings out the bottles of fine wine he bought as gifts for the Fae. He sets them down on a flat rock some steps away from the others, then steps back and gives a courtly bow. "Anton Lebeda and friends, offers these guesting gifts to our enigmatic and charming hosts. May we know our gracious people of the forest as we pass through your lovely lands?" These court phrases are rough but I'm not the Master of Protocol at the court! What a hard job! A bead of sweat breaks out on Anton's head as he tries to be a courtier rather than a warrior.

Diplomacy1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


Male Human Super Cruel DM 10

"Wahoo!" Comes a free cry from the nests above, and from the birdlike nest comes a streak of colors that moves like a comet, slamming down onto the wine and suddenly solidifying into a housecat sized dragon with multicolored, luminescent butterfly wings, tugging with his jaws at the cork, which comes free after a moment, just long enough for another figure to emerge from the waxy nest, a creature with the lower body of a multicolored cricket and the upper body of a pretty elven female, to come down from her own nest and fly near enough to catch some of the wine that spilled out. The creatures guzzle the liquor until the entire bottle is gone, the dragon having far more than the other, then lay back on the rock, obviously very contented.

After a minute or so the little cricket woman rises. "Pleased ta meetcha!" She greets, her nervous, cricketlike hopping making her miniature bow and quiver almost come dislodged from her body. "I'm Tyg-Tygger-Tut and this 'ere is Perlivash!" She states in a rough accent. "We knows who ye be, been followin' yeh ever since we changed yer harses!" She grins and points to the amazing technicolor horses, still looking as fabulous as ever. "Glad you bigginses has a sense a' humor, some people are just rubbish about pranks." She stamps her crickety legs in what is presumably anger.

The dragon behind her rouses and looks around. "I'm Perlivash! Fiercest dragon of aaaallll the forestes!" He says in a comical attempt at a deep, intimidating voice.


Kata giggles, a high-pitched titter like the ringing of a bell, "Well Tyg-Tygger-Tut and Perlivash. It is indeed an honor to meet you both. I don't suppose any of those with bad manners about pranks might be the unpleasant bandits we have run into in your forests."


Male Shadeling Shadowcaster Wizard 5(Shadow Subscool)/Veiled Illusionist 1

Kheldor chuckles at the Fae's introduction "Wileldalinlae morethtar, forrelistievnaedilsar. Minyis curosmirpalarthnelistonnaysir artanardae Isa arthurelest tynraeartavalestlorethrinsat artanardae hinunenargolestril farolren nirestawynsil"

Sylvan:
Well met, friends. My companions and I are travelers and hunger for news


HP 15/15, AC 17, touch 14, ff 13

Marcus listens to Kheldor speak to the fae but as they also speak Common he decides not to impede upon the wizard's conversation.

"I have yet to thank you for the extra hair growth," Marcus says with a smile, "I believe it makes me look far more dashing."


Male Human Super Cruel DM 10

"Very Dashing!" Tyg answers, her elven half coloring prettily. "Ooohhh, that cloaked bloke talks old tongue. Tis ok Shadowmage, we can talk common so everybody gets it, it'd be so rude to babble away while no one understood."

Perlivash shows his tiny, needle-sharp teeth in a grin and looks up at Kheldor and spouts off a stream of sounds like a dear leaping over a babbling brook.

Sylvan:
"She's too nice. It's fun to have secret conversations. Even when everybody else doesn't get it."

"PERLIVASH!" Tyg says with a jump toward him and a few entirely ignored punches to his scaly hide. "Stop bein' rude to the biggenses!" Kata's question immediately distracts her. "Ooohhh them nasty banditses! We hates them. Theys ugly and mean ta everyone."


Kata grins and speaks with the sound of a summer wind blowing through the wood.

Sylvan:

Of course, perhaps it isn't so secret when more then two speak the tongue.

When Tyg changes gears to speak of the bandits, Kata frowns and agrees, "Yes, we've found them to be that way too. I don't suppose you all have seen any more of their camps besides the one by the river and the big building near the big water?"


Anton seems bemused by the antics of the Fae. At Perlivash's proclamation Anton says, "Of course, you're the mightiest dragon, at least I hope so, I hate to see one tougher." Looks around comically at the thought of a big dragon but comes of a bit insincere. Anton Dragonslayer, that has a nice ring to it - Focus, idiot, focus!

Anton looks Kheldor's way as he talks to the Fae in another language they seem to understand but says nothing. His train of thought broken, Anton misses the rest of the conversation until the Fae talk about hating bandits. With a more serious demeanor Anton was about to ask, - I see your fondness for bandits equals mine, are there any about?" Any problems they have caused you and yours?- but doesn't as Kata beats him to it.
ninja'd


Male Human Paladin 2

I hope Mother was telling the truth in her old stories, Arkady thinks desperately to himself. And I hope they are not malicious!

"I have little to offer to you two, fair and flying egg-born, mightiest dragon I have ever met, and gracious lady, quick with words, yet may I offer greeting? May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the trees shelter you from storm and snow. May you find this horn a joy to blow in times of peace, and a signal of friendship in times of war. What is closer to the heart than the breath of one's life?" Carefully he unhooks his horn from his side, and lifts it to his lips, blowing lightly to signal its use, then hangs it from a branch above them. Gifts to the fey must be one's best; I hope I won't regret this.

Diplomacy, including the Nobly Born Medvyed bonus: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 2 = 12

I think young Arkady wasn't listening very well...


Male Human Super Cruel DM 10

"The fort and the camp are all we know about. They tried to take the big stag ruins but the bear killed one and they left." The grig says, then listens raptly to Arkady's speech. "The shining knight talks so pretty." She says quietly, then the horn is hung up and she jumps towards it. "Ooohhh...." She skitters over it, hanging upside down at one point, as Perlivash rouses himself from the rock and flies over to it as well. "Lemme try!" Tyg says, perching near the mouth hole, but unable to get her mouth around it well enough. "Dragon Poo!" She says, annoyed, and Perlivash sits on the horn and rears to bring his lips to the edge, blowing a mighty note for the whole forest to hear. "Hooray!" Tyg says, her iridescent wings fluttering. "Thank you Shiny Knight."


Anton enjoys the silly antics of the Fae, while still knowing they are wild creatures and more dangerous then they appear; of course, the same can be said of any other people.

When Tyg-Tygger-Tut speaks Anton replies, "Big Stag ruins guarded by a bear? We're looking for that. Do you know where it is?" Anton restrains his eagerness as to not upset the Fae. He winces a bit as the Fae creatures announce to everyone within miles their presence. "And while we're at it, are there any other problems around?"Anton asks.


This should be very helpful. These two seem to have a wealth of information about the area. A good pair to stay on the good side of.


Male Human Paladin 2

Arkady waits, so as not to crowd the fey with answers, but after they reply to Anton's question, he asks "Have you heard of other interesting places within the forest? We might find it fun to visit them together... if that is your will, O fair ones more colorful than the leaves of autumn or the springtime flowers."

They are exceedingly annoying, but Father always said 'never scold the scouts for anything but bad scouting.' Arkady


Male Human Super Cruel DM 10

"He does talk pretty." Perlivash says, flying over to perch on Arkady's shoulder, heavy but not overwhelming. "We know about the Big Stag ruins. And there's the trappys, set up by the mean trapper biggin." Perlivash squints in thought for a second and then points Northwest "That way. And the Stag ruins are that way." He points to the south west. "We could go with the biggenses if they wants." He offers eagerly.


Male Shadeling Shadowcaster Wizard 5(Shadow Subscool)/Veiled Illusionist 1

Kheldor smiles at the offer "I would be most honored if you would accompany us. You two could definitely help liven the mood and keep things interesting. Tyg, is that ok with you?"


"Sorry for your troubles with a trapper, clever ones, does he not appreciate your amusing high-jinks?" Anton still trying to sweet talk the creatures. After the exchange with Kheldor and the Fae, Anton interjects, "As would I, and thanks for sharing your council."

"Still going with the plan Sir Arkady? Check unexplored areas to the west and those known to our new friends, then to the Temple, the moon radish patch, and home. Or is straight to the temple better for you?" Anton seems a bit unsure of the situation.


Male Human Paladin 2

Arkady nods consent as well, then turns to Anton.

"We had planned to search the woods systematically, not having any better information," he says thoughtfully, "but by meeting these we speak with now, we have a better guide than we had before. Let us deal with this trapper, if we may, as a favor to the fair folk, and then proceed to the place of the bear, which was our main quest. Though we do have two others.". He describes the tatzylwyrms that Oleg seeks, and the rumors of a large and dangerous boar in the deep forests. "Have you seen or heard of such creatures, O bright-winged son of the shell and fair lady of the leaves? Can you tell where they might be found?"


Male Human Super Cruel DM 10

"Lotsa boars in the woods. Don't know any that big but it wouldn't be a shock. Not any dragons up here though, maybe down towards the middle?" Tyg points towards the south with one tiny arm. "Don't need no helps with the trapper though. Big, ugly brute isn't as smart as he thinks, me and Perlivash know how to stay away from his traps." Perlivash chimes in with, "'Sides, we dunno where he is, haven't seen him around in a bit."

Sense Motive DC 15:
Though it's tough to tell on such an odd face, it seems like Perlivash is hiding something about this trapper, and he doesn't meet anyone's eyes as he speaks.

Tyg flutters over to sit on Marcus's shoulder, blushing furiously she asks "Do you mind if I ride witcha, sir?" Perlivash takes off from Arkady's shoulder and flaps around the group. "Which way?" He asks eagerly.


Male Human Paladin 2

Sense Motive 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7

"If you need no help with the trapper, then let first proceed to the place of the bear," Arkady suggests, "if all the company are in agreement."


Sense motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23 try again 1 d 2 doesn't work.

Anton's ears flick as he reads the mood of the small dragon.
He says nothing about it though.

"Only a fool would bother a King of Dancing Air, a Queen of Fawn and Forest." Anton says agreeably. I'll go mad from silly talk soon, hope some others can take the slack.

"Excellent then, to bears, boars, and sadly no lions, oh my!"Anton grins and sets off toward the temple.

Shoot me later, just assume Anton uses an otherworld equivalent.


Male Human Super Cruel DM 10

After hours of riding, you near the area Tyg and Perlivash insist the temple is. Finally, a thick tangle of brambles gives way to a large clearing in the woods, it's edges defined by ruined stone pillars. The western face of the clearing is dominated by a looming, upthrust ridge of rock, nearly 300 feet across and rising to a moss-topped height of 100 feet at the center. The side of this towering boulder facing the clearing hasbeen carved in the likeness of an immense elk, its antlers drooping down from its weathered face to frame a 50 foot wide cave entrance. A flight of stone steps leads up to this cave entrance from the forest clearing. Both the steps and elk face feel quite old and are thickly encrusted with layers of moss. A 50 foot long oval pool sits in the middle of the clearing, its waters thick with algae.

Knowledge (Religion) DC 10:
This was obviously a consecrated temple to Erastil once, though not a large one. The ruin is consistent with Taldan style temples.

"Big bear is in there." Perlivash says with a whispered voice. "Slow, but nasty... and very angry." He motions and Tyg and him both fly to a nearby column and perch. "We'll wait here." Tyg says firmly. As if to punctuate their nervousness, a rolling roar comes from the temple, echoing through the forest and making the horses jump and skitter nervously.


"Ai! The bear comes. Arkady, Anton, do either of you want to be made larger for this battle?
Knowledge (Nature) once the bear appears 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
If either man wants the spell Kata will cast enlarge person on them.


Male Shadeling Shadowcaster Wizard 5(Shadow Subscool)/Veiled Illusionist 1

"I have recently unlocked a new spell that will cause a weapon to strike truer and deal slightly more damage. I have it memorized, and can bless one weapon with said spell. Who shall receive it?" Kheldor says as he looks over the ruined temple. 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 Perception


Male Human Paladin 2

"Grace my lance with it, if you please," says Arkady. "Cousin, enlarge Anton. I shall ride my trusty steed into this fight, and Gildas cannot bear a giant's weight.". He draws his lance from its stirrup cup and couches it, ready to charge. "Let us try to draw the bear out into the open. I do not wish to face it in tight corners amid rubble and wreckage."

Arkady looks around, and edges Gildas toward the side of the clearing, positioning his steed to charge down the side of the pool at anything coming down the steps. His left hand grasps for his horn, then clenched as he remembers where he left it.

"Come forth, honey-eater!" he bellows in a loud voice. "Come forth and fight, or yield this place to be a dwelling of men!"


Male Shadeling Shadowcaster Wizard 5(Shadow Subscool)/Veiled Illusionist 1

Kheldor passes his hand over Arkday's lance, which then glows a light blue. Casting Magic Weapon "It'll last a couple of minutes. Hopefully, the fight will not last longer than that"

If there's time, I would also like to cast Shield


"That will save a moment of time, I'll call for Gorum's Blessing." Anton takes his holy symbol in hand an prays to Gorum.

Casting Bless, Duration 20 rounds, effect: +1 Morale Bonus to attack roll, will checks vs. fear.

A fine rain of blood falls on the group, vague sights and sounds of endless battles fill their minds, examples of courage most prominent. The rain and all the blood vanishes as quick as it came, leaving no trace.

"Thanks for the spell, Kata." Anton says after she casts the spell. Anton draws his blade and makes ready for a charge, if the ground is suitable.


Male Human Super Cruel DM 10

The ground here would be good for charging except for a small flight of steps leading up to the cave entrance. If you could get the bear down those you could charge him.


Male Human Paladin 2

That's why Arkady is bellowing a challenge and making lots of noise. Given the roar inside the bears seems aware and angry, so it might well come out.


Male Human Super Cruel DM 10

The bear comes lumbering forward toward the mouth of the cave, his roar once again shaking the tree branches. It is the biggest bear any of you have ever seen, at least 10 feet tall at the shoulder and with the bulk of a horse when on all fours. Arkady feels a strange, instant hatred for it, even though he sees no reason to. After a moment, the bear spots the challengers in it's territory and begins to climb ponderously over the stairs, his claws ready and bellowing another challenge every few seconds.

Initiative Block:
Bear:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Arkady:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Anton:1d20 ⇒ 17
Kehldor:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Kata:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Marcus:2d20 + 3 ⇒ (3, 14) + 3 = 20

Marcus First, then the bear.


Hopefully she was able to get the Enlarge Person on Anton before the bear emerged, but let me know if you prefer it pre-combat or in Round 1 Ryuko.

Kata watches the bear emerge in horror. Lantern King! Never have I seen such a terrible creature. Give me strength to stand by my friends and not flee in terror.


Male Human Paladin 2

Assuming Marcus doesn't block my charge lane... if he does Arkady will get in a lance attack if he can without charging, otherwise position himself for a charge next turn.

Arkady whispers a prayer to Erastil, Guide my steel this day! and spurs Gildas forward, his lance coming down in a perfect arc. The thundering avalanche of a charging lancer meets with the bear and falls across it, lance and horseshoe in perfect coordination.

Lance charge 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 28 for 1d8 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 11 + 1 = 14 damage, plus any hate bonuses if I get them

Gildas' hoof charge 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 9 for 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 damage, so probably missing. Lack of hate bonuses...

Arkady has AC 13 while charging. He decides he needs to get a shield soonest.

If the bear attacks Arkaday:

Use Gildas for cover, +4 AC bonus to AC 17, DC 15 Ride check 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20


Need to know if Kata spell went off, I'll prepare for a charge if it did or do my own Enlarge Person because I'm ahead of Kata and would finish sooner.


Male Human Super Cruel DM 10

Kata's spell did go off.
Gonna move forward since Marcus seems to be having trouble getting on.

Attack:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Marcus, perhaps unnerved by the beasts mighty roar, misses with his opening bolt and the bear rushes down the steps toward Anton, who is the largest threat, as Marcus begins to reload.

Bear Charge:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

The massive claws scrape jarringly across Anton's armor as he throws himself away from the bear's attack. Directly after, the bear is nearly thrown off it's feet by Arkady's lance, striking a thundering blow that seems to flash with a green and white energy as the bear snarls in hatred.

Arkady made his move this round, everyone else is up!


Male Shadeling Shadowcaster Wizard 5(Shadow Subscool)/Veiled Illusionist 1

Kheldor summons forth the power of the shadows around him and fires a blast of darkness at the bear 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14 Binding Darkness. Ranged Touch attack. If it hits, the bear is entangled for 1 rd


Status: Beginning of Round one
Base AC: 16 in Breastplate
Stance: Standing
Move: 20'
Current AC: 14 melee, 14 Ranged -1 dex -1 size
Max Hit Points:16
Current Hit Points: 16
Round 1 of 20 rounds - Bless on party.

As Kata finishes her spell, Anton's size doubles, larger than the Bear and his weight exceeds a ton.

The stats. 6' 9" size expands to 13' 6", larger than the bear. His weight with armor increases from about 360 lbs. to about 2500 lbs. His strength is 18, dex 8. Reach is 10' Weapons as well as himself is size large.
A towering titan of rage stands tall (I'm not knocked prone am I?) starts his swing at the bear, the rage flooding from countless battlefields.

Attack with Size Large, Ferocious Strike
Attack w/ Greatsword 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 attack mods str: +4, +1 Masterwork Sword, +1 BAB , -1 size penalty, total 5 I think this is correct.
Damage Greatsword on Hit 3d6 + 7 ⇒ (1, 3, 6) + 7 = 17 large greatsword to 3d6 base damage str 4 x1.5 to 6 plus 1 for Ferocious strike, I think this is correct.
On Critical w/Greatsword to Confirm Threat 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Critical Damage 3d6 + 7 ⇒ (1, 5, 2) + 7 = 15
Only use Critical if threat is made.

"Waaargh! He's not trying for elegance in speech today.

Status: End of Round one
Base AC: 16 in Breastplate
Stance: Standing
Move: 20'
Current AC: 14 melee, 14 Ranged -1 dex -1 size
Max Hit Points:16
Current Hit Points: 16
Round 2 of 20 rounds - Bless on party.
Used 1 of 6 Ferocious Strikes.

Anton is the worst Gorumite warrior in the world! Rolled a 1? Anton can never catch a break.

Thrown off by the bears charge Anton mighty blow goes wild barely (bearly?) missing Arkady.


Male Human Paladin 2

Don't forget the +1 to hit for your bless spell. Of course, if Gorum doesn't bless your dice, neither does he bless your sword.

I'll wait until after the bear's next attack to make my move since who knows what the situation will be by then.


Yep that was what I was forgetting, knew it was something. Not that it matters :(


Round 1

Sooner or later, Anton's luck is going to turn and it will be fierce.
Kata moves up to be within 30 feet of the bear, but makes sure she keeps the warriors in front of her. Her eyes narrow as she fixes the bear with a dark glare. Evil Eye DC 16 Will save or take -2 to saves for 8 rounds. 1 round with successful save. Note that if Kata was already within 30 feet she will also Cackle to extend Evil Eye.


Male Human Super Cruel DM 10

Marcus attempts another strike with his crossbow, attempting to keep away from the bear's bulk.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Will:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

"Damn thing really needs to be calibrated." You hear as the bear is struck by Kheldor's shadow bolt and Kata's hex she throws cackling. The bear turns, hatred in his eyes to strike out at Arkady, who feels almost guided out of the way of it's blows.

2 Claws:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 Confirm: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17 Missed by cover, meaning it strikes Gildas for: 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (2, 2) + 10 = 14
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Bite:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Grab on Claw 1:1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28

I couldn't find any rules on what happens when your mount gets grappled so I'll give Arkady 2 choices. He can become grappled with Gildas, thus allowing the bear closer reach and making his lance unusable, but he can use a Ride check to attempt to disengage. Or he can leap from his horse and attack from the ground.

Everyone's up!


Male Shadeling Shadowcaster Wizard 5(Shadow Subscool)/Veiled Illusionist 1

Just a reminder to everybody. Bear is entangled(I'm guessing) which means The character is ensnared. Being entangled impedes movement, but does not entirely prevent it unless the bonds are anchored to an immobile object or tethered by an opposing force. An entangled creature moves at half speed, cannot run or charge, and takes a –2 penalty on all attack rolls and a –4 penalty to Dexterity
. An entangled character who attempts to cast a spell must make aconcentration check
 (DC 15 + spell level) or lose the spell.

Not sure if any of that'll matter, but ya never know


Male Human Paladin 2

"Thank you, Old Deadeye!" Arkady whispers as he drops halfway to the ground, holding onto his saddle horn with one hand as the bear's paw passes through the space where his lungs were a second before. His joy turns to a gasp of shock as the bear's paw continues onward to rip at Gildas's neck and pull the horse to the ground in a splash of blood and crunch of bones. Arkady rolls in the fallen horse drill, dropping his lance and pulling out his sword as he comes to his feet. Then he steps forward, coming up on the other side of the bear from Anton's towering form, hoping to split the terrible beast's attention.

Ride check to dismount as a free action 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20, followed by a 5' step.

Arkady lashes out in a furious two-handed swing, attacking with all his strength and yelling to Anton to strike while the bear is distracted and tangled by Kheldor's shadow cords. Not a lariat, but it may help.

blessed flanking Power Attack with long sword two handed 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15 for 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15, plus any gift Erastil may grant.

Gildas, not quite dead yet, screams in pain, but kicks like the trained warhorse he is, plunging desperately to evade the bear or break bones before the ursine embrace crushes the life from him.

Two blessed hooves 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 and 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 for 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 and 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 .

One steel-shod hoof smashes the bears throat...

critical confirmation for Gildas 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 for 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 extra damage... or not. . Still a valiant effort, and Arkady yells encouragement to his steed.


Status: Beginning of Round two
Base AC: 16 in Breastplate
Stance: Standing
Move: 20'
Current AC: 14 melee, 14 Ranged -1 dex -1 size
Max Hit Points:16
Current Hit Points: 16
Round 2 of 20 rounds - Bless on party.
Used 1 of 6 Ferocious Strikes.

Anton's shocked at the near miss of Arkady but recovers Gilas is mauled by the bear. Stepping behind the bear in a flanking position, Anton carefully bring his blade overhead. Standing 10' behind the bear (using his 10' reach) Anton calls for Gorum's Fury as he strikes.

Attack with Size Large, Ferocious Strike
Attack w/ Greatsword 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 attack mods str: +4, +1 Masterwork Sword, +1 BAB ,+1 Bless, -1 size penalty, total 6 plus what I get for flanking if allowed.
Damage Greatsword on Hit 3d6 + 7 ⇒ (4, 5, 4) + 7 = 20 large greatsword to 3d6 base damage str 4 x1.5 to 6 plus 1 for Ferocious strike,
On Critical w/Greatsword to Confirm Threat 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Critical Damage 3d6 + 7 ⇒ (4, 4, 2) + 7 = 17
Only use Critical if threat is made.

Status: End of Round two
Base AC: 16 in Breastplate
Stance: Standing
Move: 20'
Current AC: 14 melee, 14 Ranged -1 dex -1 size
Max Hit Points:16
Current Hit Points: 16
Round 3 of 20 rounds - Bless on party.
Used 2 of 6 Ferocious Strikes.

No great luck still, it might hit with flank bonus.


Male Human Super Cruel DM 10

Between Gildas' flailing hooves and Arkady's blade finding it's mark, the bear staggers, and begins attempting to strike out again, only to be struck by the huge blade of Anton's sword, taking it's torso nearly in two pieces.

The bear lets out an almost human sounding piteous whine and begins to fall. As it falls towards the ground it collapses in on itself, shrinking and changing into an incredibly old human man, covered in his own blood. He mouths, though cannot seem to say Thank You... before continuing to change, dissolving into a skeleton, and eventually, to only dust. "Go with Erastil, Priest. Thy mistakes are forgiven, and thy sin cleansed. Go now to thy rest." The words come unbidden to Arkady's lips, as though spoken by another through him.

In a moment, the shrine seems to grow more vibrant and colorful, as though throwing off a shroud noticed only by it's absence. The crawling vines and crumbling effigy now seem more a celebration of nature holding the place of men than an encroachment of the wild on civilization and the pond suddenly clears, seeming to emit it's own light as it becomes the clearest, bluest water any of you have ever seen.


Male Human Paladin 2

Arkady kneels and says a quiet prayer for the repose of the unknown man, wondering if he will ever know what sin caused Erastil to transform him into a bear. Then he rises to inspect Gildas, and quickly calls for a healer's aid.

"Well swung, Anton!!" he calls. "Let us tend my noble steed, and then see what lies within this rock. I doubt not that Jhod will desire a full report."


Anton's blow lands as the bear topples. Did I do that? Anton wonders after Arkady's battle, if he really did the final blow or not. The transformation of the area fills Anton with awe at the power of the gods revealed again, even if not his. "Hail, Father of Forest, I honor your blessing as a liege-man of your ally and rival, Our Lord in Iron." Anton is reluctant to use Gorum's power at a holy site of a respected rival.

When Arkady calls for him to aid his horse, Anton bends over and looks at Gildas's wounds.

Heal 1d2 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 How hurt is the brave charger?

"Sir Arkady, please bring some water for Gildas, while I determine the extent of his injuries. Is anyone else hurt?" Anton continues checking over Gildas and anyone else who's hurt.

...and Anton's good fortune just keeps coming, he has no idea.


Male Human Paladin 2

Gorum says, roll the d20, not the d2

And Arkady is very effusive about Anton saving his life. Trust me, Anton's blow was decisive.


Sorry didn't notice, T-storms this morning early (at least 4), power outage in the afternoon, fun all around.

Heal1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13 Tried again with real dice :)

Hope so, got the impression Gildas is the hero of the hour...


Male Human Super Cruel DM 10

As Arkady brings water from the fountain for Gildas a miraculous things happens. The horse laps weakly at the water, and then more quickly. His wounds begin to shine with magical light, and one can see the effect of days or weeks of healing in moments.

Healing:1d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Gildas stands, shaking and stamping. His wounds are not entirely closed, but it would have taken at least a week of bed rest to get to their current severity.


The furious clash of Arkady, Anton and the bear leaves Kata's heart hammering and as the bear falls, she approaches the men, shaking with sadness over the bravery shown by Gildas and stunned by the strange transformation of the bear. "Anton, that was a mighty blow. There is no doubt the Lord in Iron favors you this day." She puts her hand to the horse, stroking it gently as Arkady goes to bring the water. "Easy Gildas, you've shown yourself to be a loyal and true companion today. Thank you." She watches as the horse laps the water and its wounds heal. By the gods, what miracles I witness today.


Male Human Paladin 2

"A day of rest should see him well," Arkady says, awed and relieved. Thank you for your hand and help, Old Deadeye. I shall strive to be worthy of your aid again. He helps Devlin unfasten Gildas's tack and urges the horse to a shady spot on the verge where plenty of grass is within easy grazing reach. He turns to the spellcasters. "I am very grateful. I doubt Gildas or I could have struck so hard without your aid, and we would likely have fared worse but for your craft hindering the bear. Shall we see what lies within? I wonder who built this place, and why it was abandoned. We might see what could be made of it, if men returned and settled here. Marcus, might you know something of such things? And afterwards, we should probably camp here tonight. The day is growing late."

Unwounded himself, Arkady does not drink from the pool. Erastil's gifts are given at need, but are never to be wasted or treated lightly.

As he rises to stride within, Arkady remembers their guides, and waves to the faerie folk. "Good guidance from you has blessed this day. Will you stay and share our meal this eve, egg-child and cricket-girl? We might tell you tales of the world beyond the forest in exchange for some of yours of the world within it."

Diplomaccy with Medvyed courtesy toward the fey 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

551 to 600 of 765 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Forging of A Kingdom: Ryuko's Kingmaker All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.