Ruins of Aztlant

Game Master Nayr Trebrot

Combat Map
Colony outpost map
Handout
The lure of a free, open land, but what mysteries lie beneath the roots of a new frontier, or lurk deep below, in the darkest waters.


1 to 50 of 408 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>

Book 1: The Lost Outpost


Your thoughts often wander to the purpose and design behind this venture as you travel the seas aboard the Peregrine. The colony of Talmandor's Bounty - a new land, full of promise. But the resources needed to establish and reap the rewards of this new land were substantial - thus, the Bountiful Venture Company. Said to be co-owned by two major merchant houses, the company is directed to export natural resources, such as agricultural staples, lumber, mined ores, and recovered artifacts, relics, and antiquities.

DC15 Knowledge local check to read spoiler:
You've heard that House Naran is one of the owners of the Company, also provides banking services for the Andoran-based Lumber Consortium, and its investment in a colonial lumber operation could be a significant conflict of interest. Were the Lumber Consortium to become aware of the relationship between House Naran and the Bountiful Venture company, that conflict of interest could become an issue.

You've heeded the call for your own reasons, as have many individual colonists. One common reason is that, if the Bountiful Venture Company successfully exports goods from Ancorato, each settler in the first few groups is entitled to a small share of the profits. Additionally, early settlers receive a land grant once the colony becomes self-sufficient.

At the onset of the voyage, the leader of the expedition, Ramona Avandth, addressed the group as a whole on the main deck. Welcome to The Peregrine, and to the wonders and treasures of a new frontier! You've all been selected for the various talents and skills that will be quite necessary if we're to make this new settlement into a proud Andoran colony. The Bountiful Venture Company is excited at the opportunity to fund this expedition, and we recognize that we couldn't do it without brave people such as yourselves. We follow in the footsteps of The Liberty's Herald - the first ship of colonists, and will supplement their numbers with the abilities and goods to make Talmandor's Bounty a successful venture.

Now, climb aboard and settle in people, for we've a bit of a voyage ahead of us. She's filled with an almost youthful exuberance as she spins down from the mainmast and sets to pointing and commanding, as is her lot in this venture.

You have quite a bit of time to explore this ship, called The Peregrine. It is a three-masted sailing ship with a spritsail on the bow. The vessel is 100 feet long and 25 feet across at its widest point. There are three decks, and two ship's boats that could take about eight people each. The ship's cargo manifest seems to be nearly all mundane items - food, supplies, materials, and a small herd of goats.

Captain Jacob Markosi is in charge, with First mate Naerath, a female half elf, acting as first mate. There is a female human navigator, a male half-orc boatswain, and a female halfling quartermaster and purser, plus sixteen trained sailors among the crew. There are six full time soldiers on board that work for Ramona, and over 40 other colonists also on board

Feel free to introduce yourself and interact with each other or with any of the NPC's available in the Players guide.


Male Sulis Monk of the Four Winds 1 / HP 12 / Current HP: 10 / (Resist acid, cold, electric, fire 7) / AC 14 (T: 14, FF: 10) /CMB +3, CMD 15 / F 4, R 4, W 2 / Init +4 / Per +6

Kar will spend his time near the front of the ship; either sitting cross legged and watching the direction they are going intently, or performing several exercises and martial forms. He does not seek out contact from any of the others on the boat.


Female LG Half-Elf Paladin (Pearl Seeker) 1 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 14 (11 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +3; Immune vs sleep, +2 vs Enchantment | Init: +1 | Perc: +3, Swim: +9 | Speed 30ft | Smite Evil 1/1 | Spells: None Yet | Active conditions: None.

Tessamine spends her time on the ship looking out for people who may need additional assistance at doing her job. She introduces herself as just "Tess".

In quiet moments, she's usually looking at the sea with a smile on her face.


NG Gnome Arcanist (Brown-Fur Transmuter) | HP: 2/8 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMB: -3, CMD: 8 | F: +2, R: +1, W: +2; (+2 vs llusion, -2 Vs trap/hazards) | Init: +2 | Perc: +2 (-2 vs Surprise), SM: +0 | Speed 20ft/15ft | Arcane Reservoir: 3/4 | Spells 1st: 2/3 | Active conditions: Medium Encumbrance.

Among the crowd of boarders stands a short little man, his frame appearing even my slight by his stooped posture. Threadbare robes betraying his financial state, he smiles up at the ship.

Slight wrinkles crisscross over his blanched features. Broad eyebrows and facial hair went white long ago. One might say he looks great for 200...though his just north of a century.

K Local: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Eyeing the emblem of the venture company, he considers,
'Hmm...interesting tid bit there. Bet the consortium would appreciate it...'

"Nope. Mustn't make waves." mumbles the man. "Lets just enjoy this while we can."

Once the ship is underway

Picking his way cautiously around the boat, attempting to stay out of the way of the sailors, he finds himself upon the bow. Taking a deep breath of the salty air, he spies Kar out of the corner of his eyes. "Oh, hello there. Name's Posh."

Without waiting for any acknowledgment from the stranger, he continues "Been a while since I've been seaward. Brings back the memories though. They come in as a flood sometimes."

"There was this one time I was fishing with my father....those were the days... So we caught this fish thing. Except it wasn't quite a fish... Anyway we used to fish a lot. I miss those days." trailing off, Posh finds himself lost in the disjointed thoughts, staring at the water below.


Female CG Medium outsider (aquatic, native), humanoid (human) Shaman (speaker for the past) 1 | HP: 3/9 | AC: 16 (13 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: -1, CMD: 12 | F: +1, R: +3, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM: +3 | Speed30ft | Wave Strike (5/5) | Spells: 1st bless, stone shield, hydraulic push | Active conditions: none

Vashina sits on the dock and listens to the expedition leader as she welcomes everyone on board the ship. Vashina is the last person to board and makes a point of finding an out of the way spot to watch behind the ship as the land moves away towards the horizon.

This is strange. I never travel far from the sea, but this is the furthest from land i've ever been.

Anyone looking at Vahina's face would likely see a mix of emotions as she's thinking about what she's leaving behind and what she may find at this new colony across the waves.

When one of the sailors moves near to her spot while tying ropes off she makes a quiet excuse and moves off somewhere else so she doesn't get in the way.

At meal time on the first day of travel Vashina finds herself sat near an elf who introduced herself as Tess. Vashina finishes her food in silenv while she gets used to the womans presence. She finally replies.

"I'm Vashina, a river guide from north of Almas. I mostly used to helped folk get up and down the Adoshan river. I guess they accepted me on this trip 'cos i know my way around the wilds, and there's likely to be a lot of that on an unclaimed island. What skills do you bring to the new colony?"


Female LG Half-Elf Paladin (Pearl Seeker) 1 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 14 (11 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +3; Immune vs sleep, +2 vs Enchantment | Init: +1 | Perc: +3, Swim: +9 | Speed 30ft | Smite Evil 1/1 | Spells: None Yet | Active conditions: None.

Tess looks at the young lady as she introduces herself, and listens to her story with a smile.

"It's a pleasure to meet you. You can call me Tess. I mostly bring my physique, to be honest. Not as interesting of a skill as yours, I fear. She laughs softly.
"I've been spending my last few years diving for pearls around the Andoran coast, which certainly got me in shape in the water."

She wanted to continue talking, but decided against it. Her religious outlook was... dubious at best, and she figured she'd like to try to not come across as too strange around the other colonists for now.

"The Andoshan river, you say? I've traveled parts of it at times, but never the full length. What sort of challenges does a river guide face?"


Male Sulis Monk of the Four Winds 1 / HP 12 / Current HP: 10 / (Resist acid, cold, electric, fire 7) / AC 14 (T: 14, FF: 10) /CMB +3, CMD 15 / F 4, R 4, W 2 / Init +4 / Per +6
Posh Nanjet wrote:

Among the crowd of boarders stands a short little man, his frame appearing even my slight by his stooped posture. Threadbare robes betraying his financial state, he smiles up at the ship.

Slight wrinkles crisscross over his blanched features. Broad eyebrows and facial hair went white long ago. One might say he looks great for 200...though his just north of a century.

[dice=K Local]1d20+6

Eyeing the emblem of the venture company, he considers,
'Hmm...interesting tid bit there. Bet the consortium would appreciate it...'

"Nope. Mustn't make waves." mumbles the man. "Lets just enjoy this while we can."

Once the ship is underway

Picking his way cautiously around the boat, attempting to stay out of the way of the sailors, he finds himself upon the bow. Taking a deep breath of the salty air, he spies Kar out of the corner of his eyes. "Oh, hello there. Name's Posh."

Without waiting for any acknowledgment from the stranger, he continues "Been a while since I've been seaward. Brings back the memories though. They come in as a flood sometimes."

"There was this one time I was fishing with my father....those were the days... So we caught this fish thing. Except it wasn't quite a fish... Anyway we used to fish a lot. I miss those days." trailing off, Posh finds himself lost in the disjointed thoughts, staring at the water below.

Kar doesn't even attempt to respond at first, as many would. His impassive face barely even seems to acknowledge the gnome standing next to him beyond a shifting of the eyes. After he finishes speaking, Kar shifts his eyes back to sea....then lets out a small sigh and finally turns to respond; he press his right hand in a fist into the open palm of his left hand, both placed at chest level, and bows slightly as he speaks.

Greetings elder, my name is Kar Roden, student of the Four Winds Dojo of Almas and a cartographer. It is pleasure to make your acquaintance. It is easy to tell that he speaks to you in rote, everything a formality, trying to be polite but without heart.

After this interaction, Kar makes no move to continue the conversation, simply continuing to stand and stare out over the water, his thoughts clearly elsewhere.


NG Gnome Arcanist (Brown-Fur Transmuter) | HP: 2/8 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMB: -3, CMD: 8 | F: +2, R: +1, W: +2; (+2 vs llusion, -2 Vs trap/hazards) | Init: +2 | Perc: +2 (-2 vs Surprise), SM: +0 | Speed 20ft/15ft | Arcane Reservoir: 3/4 | Spells 1st: 2/3 | Active conditions: Medium Encumbrance.

The words snapping Posh back to the present, he misses a few key parts of the oratory. "Huh? Oh! A student you say? I was a student too. Well, back in the day... Found good work down in the archives, but it wasn't meant to be. Apparently they thought I was old or something."

"I loved studying the ways one distorts the flesh. Ever turn into a rat or a shark? Yeah...me neither. But it'd be fun, right? Pleasure to meet you good sir." he replies, offering a shaky bow of his own. "I look forward to working with you at the settlement. OH! Maybe we can be neighbors! That'd be fun. I'll see you 'round kid!"

Smiling, he turns and hobbles along the deck.


Male Aquatic Elf Investigator (empiricist) 1 | HP 8/9 | AC 15 (T 13 FF 12) | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Fort +1 Ref +5 Will +3; (+2 vs enchantments) | Init +3 | Perc +7 | Inspiration 3/3 | Extracts: Adhesive Spittle (DC 14), True Strike

Among those boarding the ship is the tall, thin figure of an elf. His skin, very pale with a hint of blue, and long, blue-green hair make him look a little different from the average elf, but still an elf all the same. Kalathiel is one of the first to board, long strides carrying confidently onto the Peregrine.

On board, he flits from place to place, exchanging pleasantries with passengers and crew alike, even trying to arrange later conversations with more scholarly individuals. Other times he just finds a quiet place on deck to read or write, or simply to watch the sea go by. The one constant seems to be the small journal he carries in a coat pocket. He can very often be seen taking notes in it, whether the situation would really warrant it or not.


After Posh walks away from Kar, an exotic woman steps over to stand beside the monk. The tall woman has a deep tan complexion, shaved head, and dark chestnut eyes. She has several tattoos of runic and animal totems about her head and neck - most appearing to be moon or owl symbols. Possibly of Shoanti descent, her speech is coarse and blunt.

You watch the sea as if you await its call, or as if you wish to fight the sea itself. She stands next to Kar, her gaze also out to the sea, leaving one to wonder if she was simply stating fact and not attempting to begin a conversation.

An aging dwarf woman with silver hair pulled into various braids and bunches, furrows her brow as she walks up to Posh, the look deepening his sun wrinkles. 'Scuse me..scuse me? A student of the arts, are you? She looks the aging gnome up and down. An old one, at that...give my many years a test then, young man, ha! She seems older, perhaps middle-aged for a dwarf, but there's a light spring in her step.

I'm Alba...Alba Devenvaar...and my studies are alchemy. It started with whatever would go "boom!" But that's just the beginning - now, I can't wait to get set up with my own shop and start making...well, anything! What do you plan to work on while there?

A short, thin human woman meets the eyes of Kalathiel, and her look turns to intrigue as she follows the peculiar-looking elf about the deck. Eventually, she catches up, and touches his arm tentatively, as if checking to see if he was the real thing. She looks up into his eyes in wonder. My, aren't you something? The woman's freckled face is fixed on Kalathiel's, and she seems completely unaware of how odd her actions may be.

A human man and an half elf male stand beside Tessamine and Vashina, arguing in a quite animated manner. Their conversation, animated as it was, seemed to have a hidden veil of familiarity and comfort, as if it were an old married couple arguing about the potential for rain the next day. Every now and again, they glance over at the women nearby.

Ramona, the leader of this expedition, spent much of the voyage overseeing her people - the soldiers, the crew she feels she leads, and the colonists whom she now feels as if she is responsible for. Quite a time into the voyage, she looks about for her trusted student. Jader? Her voice rings out easily across the deck, as the day is clear and the waters smooth.


Male Sulis Monk of the Four Winds 1 / HP 12 / Current HP: 10 / (Resist acid, cold, electric, fire 7) / AC 14 (T: 14, FF: 10) /CMB +3, CMD 15 / F 4, R 4, W 2 / Init +4 / Per +6

Kar will glance towards her, perhaps sensing a kindred spirit, before replying, The sea? I care not for the sea. I care only for that which is beyond it. It is our destination that I watch for. Hopefully there are answers there for me. Kar hopes for more information from this woman, who seems to be as succinct as he is, but isn't willing to give to much away first.


Female LG Half-Elf Paladin (Pearl Seeker) 1 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 14 (11 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +3; Immune vs sleep, +2 vs Enchantment | Init: +1 | Perc: +3, Swim: +9 | Speed 30ft | Smite Evil 1/1 | Spells: None Yet | Active conditions: None.

Tessamine spots the glances and figures that these two probably have no intention of leaving until they get some sort of attention.

She whispers to Vashina, "Should we ignore them, or hear them out?"


Female CG Medium outsider (aquatic, native), humanoid (human) Shaman (speaker for the past) 1 | HP: 3/9 | AC: 16 (13 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: -1, CMD: 12 | F: +1, R: +3, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM: +3 | Speed30ft | Wave Strike (5/5) | Spells: 1st bless, stone shield, hydraulic push | Active conditions: none

Vashina tries her best to avoid eye contact with the two, but the longer they stay the harder it gets.

Vashina whispers back to Tessamine, "Some people are like a force of nature. Maybe we should act now rather than get swept away later."

"Good day to you both, i'm Vashina and this is my meal time companion, Tess. We noticed that you keep looking over. Is there something we can help you with?"


Male Aquatic Elf Investigator (empiricist) 1 | HP 8/9 | AC 15 (T 13 FF 12) | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Fort +1 Ref +5 Will +3; (+2 vs enchantments) | Init +3 | Perc +7 | Inspiration 3/3 | Extracts: Adhesive Spittle (DC 14), True Strike

Lost in thought as he walks, Kalathiel doesn't notice the woman following him, and the hand on his arm catches him by surprise. The elf turns his head and his eyes meet those of the human woman staring up at him. He blinks. "Ah, well, I suppose so. Someone, even. All the wondrous things one can find at sea, and you find me." Kalathiel chuckles to himself at this; whether it's supposed to be a joke is open to interpretation. He places a hand on his chest and bows with a bit of a flourish. "Kalathiel Lanavei, at your service," he introduces himself, smiling. "And who do I have the pleasure of speaking with?"


The woman glances to the side at Kar for a second, as if trying to catch his face in her peripheral, then goes back to staring out to the sea. I've no use for it either...water is for drinking and cooking...and cleaning, for those who wish to stay soft. The Lyrune-Quah were hunters and warriors...not fish. When we get our feet dry, I will show all the skill of my clan.

At Vashina's opening, one of the men - the short, stooped human with steel-gray hair sighs and rolls his eyes. Eamon, really...was that your ploy? Looking for reinforcements are you?

The half-elf, Eamon apparently, is a tall man with straw-colored hair and an infectious smile. His eyes are human but violet colored. The holy symbol of Erastil hangs from a chain about his neck. Ah, young misses, but I'm sorry to have disturbed you. Please ignore Kurvis, he is curmudgeonly on the best of days. [b]We were having a slight disagreement about the merits of different temples to the gods. I, for one feel that the blessings of Old Deadeye would be far more important to a community at this stage of its infancy. Kurvis, however, feels that his god Abadar would be more a boon, as he feels that wealth and law would be paramount to the quick success and safety of a burgeoning colony. What say you?

The woman nods at Kalathiel as if to say "Of course you are." She offers an easy smile in return, though her eyes are still seeming to seek information. Perrell Beys, scholar and historian, and the pleasure is all mine. I'm an employee of the Bountiful Venture Company, here to chronicle daily events and provide advice on any ruins or relics that we can find.

She leans in close and speaks softly, as if indicating some conspiracy. I feel I should make some fine maps of this new island as well. She leans back, and seems to bounce a bit on her toes, her excitement showing. And, Mr Lanavei, what is your role in this journey?


Female LG Half-Elf Paladin (Pearl Seeker) 1 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 14 (11 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +3; Immune vs sleep, +2 vs Enchantment | Init: +1 | Perc: +3, Swim: +9 | Speed 30ft | Smite Evil 1/1 | Spells: None Yet | Active conditions: None.

Tess looks away for a short moment, pondering the question.

"Well... I can't deny that I would earlier tie Abadar to a large city than a young colony. Wealth and trade amount for very little if we haven't properly established any trading partners or routes yet. So, of the two, I feel like Erastil would be more fitting for our current situation."

She takes a sip out of her mug, not completely content with the answer she's given.

"However, if I'm being quite honest... I feel as though our colony's growth shouldn't be dependent on the blessings of our gods. We should strife to achieve greatness on our own in their honor, and request their blessings only in times of great need. We shouldn't consider the gods our personal sponsors, after all."


NG Gnome Arcanist (Brown-Fur Transmuter) | HP: 2/8 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMB: -3, CMD: 8 | F: +2, R: +1, W: +2; (+2 vs llusion, -2 Vs trap/hazards) | Init: +2 | Perc: +2 (-2 vs Surprise), SM: +0 | Speed 20ft/15ft | Arcane Reservoir: 3/4 | Spells 1st: 2/3 | Active conditions: Medium Encumbrance.

Stopping suddenly, though pleased with the interruption, Posh looks over the dwarf a moment. "A test you say? What kind of test would you prefer? Scholarly? Test of words? Or for those of us that have seen much...perhaps a test of memory, eh?"

Scrunching up his face as he retreats into the recesses of his mind, his wrinkles stand proudly across his expression. After a few moments, the smile returns and his appearance softens. "Why not do all of the above!" he cries out gleefully.

"First, a test of your scholarly mind and your recollection... The ruins beneath the land we seek, were formed by the Azlant. This is well known. The question for you, what caused their downfall?"

"And now, a test of words....I give you these riddles three."

"I’m used to covet
Yet am so much more,
I have no words
But reveal much."

"In order to receive me
You must give me away.
I am the strongest thing you have
But the worst thing you’ll lose."

"I am a strange contradiction.
For I am new and yet quite old.
You give me away freely
Though not all can receive me.
One could spend an eternity seeking
And still not have me completely."

Crossing his arms, his smile broadens. "Remember, you asked for this." he says with a wink. "Names Posh by the way. Pleasure to meet you."

Each grouping above is three different riddles with an answer unique to each.


Male Sulis Monk of the Four Winds 1 / HP 12 / Current HP: 10 / (Resist acid, cold, electric, fire 7) / AC 14 (T: 14, FF: 10) /CMB +3, CMD 15 / F 4, R 4, W 2 / Init +4 / Per +6
GM Nayr wrote:

The woman glances to the side at Kar for a second, as if trying to catch his face in her peripheral, then goes back to staring out to the sea. I've no use for it either...water is for drinking and cooking...and cleaning, for those who wish to stay soft. The Lyrune-Quah were hunters and warriors...not fish. When we get our feet dry, I will show all the skill of my clan.

Kar continues this conversation, finally turning his full attention to her, and his face in her direction. Must we wait? I would see all the skill you posses whenever you wish to show it, here or in private.

Kar keeps an impassive face, but puts his scrip onto the deck of the ship as if in anticipation.

Can I get a description of this women in more detail?


Male Aquatic Elf Investigator (empiricist) 1 | HP 8/9 | AC 15 (T 13 FF 12) | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Fort +1 Ref +5 Will +3; (+2 vs enchantments) | Init +3 | Perc +7 | Inspiration 3/3 | Extracts: Adhesive Spittle (DC 14), True Strike

Kalathiel's eyes brighten. "A kindred spirit, then! I imagine we'll have quite a lot to talk about in the days and weeks ahead." The elf's hand moves quickly to his coat pocket, emerging with a small leather-bound journal in its grasp. He flips it open and quickly jots a few notes in it, his eyes darting back and forth between its pages and the woman in front of him. After a moment he finishes writing, nodding his head in satisfaction.

"I'm something of a scholar as well," he continues, looking back to Perrell. "An explorer, a seeker of lost and hidden knowledge. I'm also quite good at maneuvering through dangerous and poorly-charted territory, braving ruins, that sort of thing. That, Miss Beys, is my role on this expedition. Helping to chart the island, exploring the unexplored, and unearthing the secrets that Azlant has thus far refused to part with. In doing so, I can help make the colony safe and successful, and it provides a solid starting point for further exploration." Kalathiel snaps the journal closed, placing it back in his pocket. "Like I said, I imagine we'll be cooperating with each other quite a bit."


The curmudgeonly Kurvis begins nodding as Tessamine leads into reasons for Abadar, then makes a face as if he ate something sour when she instead offers backing for Erastil. The half-elf, nods smugly, offering a slight glance to his companion. However, both brows furrow as Tessamine continues. Eamon cocks his head slightly, as if listening for some deeper meaning in the words.

Ah....I see. Well said Miss Tess. I, being a man of my god and a vessel for his grace, tend to have a different viewpoint on such things, but your spirit is to be commended!

Kurvis appears as if he were being forced to chew on aforementioned sour thing, and says nothing as Eamon continues.

I'd like to know, Miss Tess and Miss Vashina, what talents to you bring to our new community? Have you arcane abilities, or perhaps a fine craft or trade?

The dwarven woman, Alba grins and nods her head at Posh's greeting. Well, I'll say, a learned man indeed. I fear you've me a bit stumped, but I'll have a try.

For the first, a mirror could be used to covet in one so vain; it has no words, but can reveal a great deal.

Then, one's heart, or love for the second...I'm not the sentimental type, mind you, but it seems as if that's something that a sappy elf may say.

And to the last...wisdom perhaps. I've tried to give it to many who can't receive it, and am ever trying to obtain more.

He shakes her head, seemingly doubting her answers. Well, how did I do?

The Shoanti woman turns to Kar fully, her eyes searching his for some jest. Perhaps unused to such blunt treatment among these "soft" types, she is a second slow on digesting the words. Then, understanding, she inclines her head in acceptance. A match, then? What is your weapon? I fear that "to the death" would be counterproductive to our purposes here, but there should be priests here on this ship that can heal your wounds.

The woman is tall and bald with tanned skin and runic tattooes. She is often seen taking shifts at soldier duty, and seems always eager for action. She carries a greatsword on her back, a handaxe at her side, and an unstrung longbow fastened to per pack. She is never out of her studded leather armor.

Perrell Beys nearly flushes a bit at Kalathiel's implied invitation. Excellent, a kindred spirit indeed! I look forward to that, Mr Lanavei, and please do call me Perrell. She offers a bright smile, even as Ramona's voice cuts through the din from behind her.

Jader, where in the hells? Get over here! Ramona is standing next to the captain, the human Jacob Markosi.


Female CG Medium outsider (aquatic, native), humanoid (human) Shaman (speaker for the past) 1 | HP: 3/9 | AC: 16 (13 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: -1, CMD: 12 | F: +1, R: +3, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM: +3 | Speed30ft | Wave Strike (5/5) | Spells: 1st bless, stone shield, hydraulic push | Active conditions: none
Eamon wrote:
"I'd like to know, Miss Tess and Miss Vashina, what talents to you bring to our new community? Have you arcane abilities, or perhaps a fine craft or trade?"

"I'm mostly here to be a wilderness guide, especially around rivers and coasts. A new colony always needs explorers so that was why i signed up. I do have a hobby making small woodcraft items, though I've never tried to make anything large but i'm keen to experment."


Male Sulis Monk of the Four Winds 1 / HP 12 / Current HP: 10 / (Resist acid, cold, electric, fire 7) / AC 14 (T: 14, FF: 10) /CMB +3, CMD 15 / F 4, R 4, W 2 / Init +4 / Per +6
GM Nayr wrote:


The Shoanti woman turns to Kar fully, her eyes searching his for some jest. Perhaps unused to such blunt treatment among these "soft" types, she is a second slow on digesting the words. Then, understanding, she inclines her head in acceptance. A match, then? What is your weapon? I fear that "to the death" would be counterproductive to our purposes here, but there should be priests here on this ship that can heal your wounds.

Kar replies, A match? Yes, that is one interpretation. When we are through, let me know if you're open to others. As to my weapon, I prefer to fight unarmed. Would you like to begin? Kar will move back a half step and take up a defensive stance (think classic kung-fu pose), I will not be using my elemental abilities in this fight.

I don't feel the need to play out the entire fight if you don't. We can just keep it to a single dice roll, or just a complete narrative thing if you'd like. The narrative option is what I'd prefer.


NG Gnome Arcanist (Brown-Fur Transmuter) | HP: 2/8 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMB: -3, CMD: 8 | F: +2, R: +1, W: +2; (+2 vs llusion, -2 Vs trap/hazards) | Init: +2 | Perc: +2 (-2 vs Surprise), SM: +0 | Speed 20ft/15ft | Arcane Reservoir: 3/4 | Spells 1st: 2/3 | Active conditions: Medium Encumbrance.

Smiling as she speaks, the short man replies "Not bad. Not bad at all. Though not quite what I was going for on a couple, they are plausible answers."

Rubbing his chin a moment, his grin spreading, a short giggle escapes his lips. "I was going for a riddle within a riddle, if you will. The three answers in order, would have been..."

"Eye. Love. Knowledge."

With a wink, he asks "If it's not too forward of me, what brings you on this journey? Though I tend to fix things from time to time, I have long been a researcher in one fashion or other. I hope to help build some much needed amenities for the settlement, but would greatly enjoy checking out the ruins as well."


Female LG Half-Elf Paladin (Pearl Seeker) 1 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 14 (11 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +3; Immune vs sleep, +2 vs Enchantment | Init: +1 | Perc: +3, Swim: +9 | Speed 30ft | Smite Evil 1/1 | Spells: None Yet | Active conditions: None.

"Truth be told, I bring very little aside from an athletic lifestyle and a willingness to work hard. I'm a good swimmer, though, which is a good skill to have in the colonies, I imagine. I'll mostly be helping out with the heavy lifting, like construction."
She flashes a very faint smile.
"Maybe I'll be building temples to Erastil and Abadar in the near future."


Half-Orc | Male | Bard 1(Arcane Duelist)| HP: 10 |AC: 16, flat: 16, touch: 10 | Fort:+3, Ref: +2, Will: +2 | Attack’s: = +1 Green Longsword +5 (1d8+6), Falchion +4 (2d4+7), scorpion whip +4 (1d3+5) | At will; 0- Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Message, Spark; 2/day; 1st- Grease, Cure Light Wounds | Bluff +7 Diplomacy +6 Intimidate +13 Perform (oratory) +6 Perform (dance) +6 Perception +4

Jader tries to hide his discomfort of being ugly amongst so many “pretty folk” by exuding an air of confidence and fearsome strength.

Yes Ramona. I am here. Forgive me I was checking on the crew and cargo below. What do you need of me?


Ramonda grins and nods at Jader. Of course, Jader, I know I have a tendency to run you ragged She gives the captain a quick glance, then leads Jader away, and speaks in a slightly hushed tone. Truth be told, Jader, I don't trust this lot of men that the Company has given us. It's not their loyalty, no - never that, for they're paid well, but rather their capabilities. Simple men at arms we have, yes....and maybe more than one with some small proficiency, but what we need on this journey are adventurers.

She takes out a folded parchment and presses it into Jader's hand. These are the few I've selected based upon what I've seen on this journey...I know you'll have questions, but please understand that while their talents may be hidden to most, there's something within them that I think may be paramount to our success with the new colony. Please mark these few and keep track of them, for I may call upon you to lead them into some of our more...sensitive...situations.

The list is, of course, your fellow PC's

The Shoanti woman...you realize she still hasn't offered her name, nor have you...nods and removes her equipment. Those passengers nearby recognize a challenge when they see it,and step back to make as much room as they can on the full deck. The woman sets her feet, coming up slightly on the balls of them, then puts her hands up in front of her, open as if in a wrestling stance.

I'm fine with the narrative. For flavor - you are her better at melee due to your class - she is a Ranger with ranged specialty. However, she's 3rd level. Feel free to describe accordingly. Assume that you can attack first in the situation if you like; if you wait more than a few seconds, she'll come in quick and low in an attempt to put you on your arse.

Eamon smiles, and even Kurvis grudgingly offers a nod to Tessamine. If the gods will it, then your sacrifice will be noted and appreciated, my new friend.

Suddenly, a commotion nearby draws the priest's attention, and he turns a disapproving look on the group, which seems to be parting for some sort of brawl. Brutes...many just come here spoiling for a fight, it seems. Ah well...Kurvis, it seems we'll be needed to mend some broken bones soon enough. He stands, then dips a graceful bow to the ladies. My ladies, it was a joy to meet you, and I hope to discuss the merits of the church with you more, once on dry land. Kurvis offers a nod, as he follows.

The dwarven woman smiles warmly, and inclines her head to Posh. Now that, good sir, is clever indeed. And, a noble wish indeed, for I've no doubt that our new settlement can use your talents. She obviously assumes that Posh wouldn't be doing the heavy lifting in such a situation. I've been to many regions - Druma, the Mwangi Jungles, Osirion....but my lifelong dream has been to behold the shores of Arcadia and discover the alchemical secrets buried within. I hope that my talents in brewing potions and crafting alchemical items can be a help, but also much as you wish, I also wish for knowledge. Every secret I learn directs me towards a happier end to my long life; not that I plan to be going soon, mind you.

She winks, then her gaze drifts to a part of the deck where the crowd has formed a small ring. Ah...and boys will be....oh...maybe not just boys. She looks at Posh and offers a shrug. The exuberance of youth.


Male Sulis Monk of the Four Winds 1 / HP 12 / Current HP: 10 / (Resist acid, cold, electric, fire 7) / AC 14 (T: 14, FF: 10) /CMB +3, CMD 15 / F 4, R 4, W 2 / Init +4 / Per +6
GM Nayr wrote:


The Shoanti woman...you realize she still hasn't offered her name, nor have you...nods and removes her equipment. Those passengers nearby recognize a challenge when they see it,and step back to make as much room as they can on the full deck. The woman sets her feet, coming up slightly on the balls of them, then puts her hands up in front of her, open as if in a wrestling stance.

I'm fine with the narrative. For flavor - you are her better at melee due to your class - she is a Ranger with ranged specialty. However, she's 3rd level. Feel free to describe accordingly. Assume that you can attack first in the situation if you like; if you wait more than a few seconds, she'll come in quick and low in an attempt to put you on your arse.

Kar stays in a defense position at first, letting her come in low and fast as you said. But he moves to the side, using her force against her and letting her pass. He quickly attempts to follow up with a grab that she fights off. The two go back and forth for a bit before it ends with Kar on his back and her on top of him, pinning him down. Not quite how I was hoping to end in this position, but maybe I'll have another chance soon, he says as he concedes the sparring. Standing and straightening his clothes, he bows to her as he did to Posh while saying Kar Roden, student of the Four Winds Dojo in Almas, and the groups cartographer. I believe I will presume on your company throughout our voyage.


Half-Orc | Male | Bard 1(Arcane Duelist)| HP: 10 |AC: 16, flat: 16, touch: 10 | Fort:+3, Ref: +2, Will: +2 | Attack’s: = +1 Green Longsword +5 (1d8+6), Falchion +4 (2d4+7), scorpion whip +4 (1d3+5) | At will; 0- Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Message, Spark; 2/day; 1st- Grease, Cure Light Wounds | Bluff +7 Diplomacy +6 Intimidate +13 Perform (oratory) +6 Perform (dance) +6 Perception +4

After speaking with Ramonda, Jader is more cognizant of those individuals on the list she gave him. He attempts to make himself look busy as he observes that habits and tendencies of each (noting strengths, weaknesses and observable/perceived powers and abilities). He makes casual conversations but doesn’t linger to talk to anyone about anything of real importance. He is always leary of new people until they prove to him that he can trust them
”Let’s see we have a monk of the four winds that is eager to prove himself in combat, a middle aged gnome that speaks in riddles (spellcaster maybe), a half breed she-elf that has her deity to please, some sort of nature loving human variation (a druid or shaman perhaps), and a “pretty folk” elf man that is very studious (he doesn’t seem to be a typical arcane spellcaster though). More observation is necessary however. For all of them”


NG Gnome Arcanist (Brown-Fur Transmuter) | HP: 2/8 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMB: -3, CMD: 8 | F: +2, R: +1, W: +2; (+2 vs llusion, -2 Vs trap/hazards) | Init: +2 | Perc: +2 (-2 vs Surprise), SM: +0 | Speed 20ft/15ft | Arcane Reservoir: 3/4 | Spells 1st: 2/3 | Active conditions: Medium Encumbrance.

"Oh, I've no doubt once people begin exploring the reaches of the ruins beneath your alchemical skills will come in quite handy!" states the gnome with glee.

"Sadly, I didn't do a whole lot of traveling in my youth, but I did get to read the reports that accompanied the relics I was allowed to examine. I even went with a group to a set of caves once or twice. Loads of fun, I must admit."

Turning towards the commotion at the front, he chuckles. "Well, it seems the exuberance of youth can't be contained on a floating barge."

Turning his attention back to the dwarven woman, he nods. "Oh yes. Happier indeed. Depending on the knowledge obtained it could also extend ones life, or make it more...interesting." With a wink, he excuses himself. "I do hope to discuss things with you at length, but I feel it would be wise to get to know a few more of our compatriots before we make land."

Bowing to the woman, he begins to make it way along the deck again.


Half-Orc | Male | Bard 1(Arcane Duelist)| HP: 10 |AC: 16, flat: 16, touch: 10 | Fort:+3, Ref: +2, Will: +2 | Attack’s: = +1 Green Longsword +5 (1d8+6), Falchion +4 (2d4+7), scorpion whip +4 (1d3+5) | At will; 0- Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Message, Spark; 2/day; 1st- Grease, Cure Light Wounds | Bluff +7 Diplomacy +6 Intimidate +13 Perform (oratory) +6 Perform (dance) +6 Perception +4

Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
looks like Jader’s Knowledge is not extensive enough to know what is in the spoiler. Perhaps he’ll ask Ramona about any local knowledge that might be useful or if other PCs were successful in making the roll


Male Sulis Monk of the Four Winds 1 / HP 12 / Current HP: 10 / (Resist acid, cold, electric, fire 7) / AC 14 (T: 14, FF: 10) /CMB +3, CMD 15 / F 4, R 4, W 2 / Init +4 / Per +6

Kar will spend the rest of the trip as previously stated, but he will now mix in pseudo-flirting with the Shoanti woman as well. Don't know how long it will take for this ship ride, but even if nothing comes of it now, it will at least give me some future role-playing opportunities.


The Shoanti woman stands up and offers a calloused hand to Kar. Heaving him up, she smiles, a look quite foreign on her tanned face, but not unpleasant. You're good, Kar Roden, of the Four Winds Dojo. I am Anya Sandstrider, once of the Lyrune-Quah...as the soft folk would say..."The Moon Clan."

There's more to the "once" in her title, but she moves on without expounding upon it. You will be a good ally when our feet finally find solid ground. It was as much a compliment as Anya would ever give, you feel, and her smile is genuine.

The group disperses, and some look a bit disappointed in the lack of blood. Alba the dwarf grins at Posh. Indeed, my new friend....I've a feeling your riddles will keep me young! She sets off with the crowd, disappearing into it to ply whatever trade an alchemist could on a wooden ship...a scary thought.

Ramona grins at Jader. Well, lets just say that any losses incurred on this trip would be bad...could draw eyes the wrong way if you know what I mean. She leaves it at that, unwilling to go on much further as much as she is busy now that they're nearing their goal. The days drift on, and the crew, soldiers, and colonists fall into an easy routine. Though cramped and uncomfortable, the promise of wide open, free land pulls their minds away from the present.

After six long weeks, this morning the crew of the Peregrine sighted land to the west. A few hours later, the Peregrine sails into a natural bay with a sandy beach within rowing distance for the ship's boats. As the crew begins to untie one of the smaller boats to lower it into the water, the sailors pass a spyglass among themselves and finally hand it back to the captain. Captain Jacob Markosi peers at the island for a moment before grunting and handing the spyglass to Ramona.

Ramona accepts the spyglass and peers toward the shore. When she lowers the scope, she is clearly distressed by trying to hide her worry. She approaches Jader. Something's wrong. Remember that group I talked to you about? Well, get them over here; we need someone to check this out. Yes, yes....even the old one.


Half-Orc | Male | Bard 1(Arcane Duelist)| HP: 10 |AC: 16, flat: 16, touch: 10 | Fort:+3, Ref: +2, Will: +2 | Attack’s: = +1 Green Longsword +5 (1d8+6), Falchion +4 (2d4+7), scorpion whip +4 (1d3+5) | At will; 0- Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Message, Spark; 2/day; 1st- Grease, Cure Light Wounds | Bluff +7 Diplomacy +6 Intimidate +13 Perform (oratory) +6 Perform (dance) +6 Perception +4

Jader quickly locates those mentioned to him by Ramona several weeks ago All PCs he finds and tells the following

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Using what wit and charm he has Jader tells the others
Ramona has requested that you meet her at the lifeboat that is being lowered to approach the shore immediately

If the PCs don’t respond to diplomacy then Jader uses intimidation

Intimidate: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31
Move it! The time for your services has come! Jader growls and makes sure to show his oversized teeth.


Female LG Half-Elf Paladin (Pearl Seeker) 1 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 14 (11 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +3; Immune vs sleep, +2 vs Enchantment | Init: +1 | Perc: +3, Swim: +9 | Speed 30ft | Smite Evil 1/1 | Spells: None Yet | Active conditions: None.

Tess agrees to meet with Ramona without objection.
"I can hardly reject a request from our leader, of course."


Female CG Medium outsider (aquatic, native), humanoid (human) Shaman (speaker for the past) 1 | HP: 3/9 | AC: 16 (13 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: -1, CMD: 12 | F: +1, R: +3, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM: +3 | Speed30ft | Wave Strike (5/5) | Spells: 1st bless, stone shield, hydraulic push | Active conditions: none

"Well i signed up to help so i'm happy to do so. Any idea what is going on?" says Vashina as she heads for the lifeboat.


Male Sulis Monk of the Four Winds 1 / HP 12 / Current HP: 10 / (Resist acid, cold, electric, fire 7) / AC 14 (T: 14, FF: 10) /CMB +3, CMD 15 / F 4, R 4, W 2 / Init +4 / Per +6

Kar has been sitting in the front of the ship with Anya, her caring for her equipment while he practices his drawing. When Jader approaches and asks for him, he immediately puts his things away and stands to follow. The only acknowledgment he gives to Anya is a small touch on the shoulder as he passes her. Then stops, looks at Jader and says, Which one is Ramona?


Male Aquatic Elf Investigator (empiricist) 1 | HP 8/9 | AC 15 (T 13 FF 12) | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Fort +1 Ref +5 Will +3; (+2 vs enchantments) | Init +3 | Perc +7 | Inspiration 3/3 | Extracts: Adhesive Spittle (DC 14), True Strike

Kalathiel is lounging on off to one side of the ship flipping through his notes when he hears someone approach. He glances up when Jader addresses him. "Why exactly am I to be among the first ashore, I wonder. Some problem, perhaps? What sort of problem would it be that needs me ashore immediately?" His eyes remain on his notes until the half-orc decides to be more forceful with his message. The elf's eyes turn to meet Jader's, and one eyebrow raises in response to the apparent display of aggression. Kalathiel pockets his journal and stands, still eyeing Jader. He does not appear to be staring Jader down, but rather studying him. Kalthiel shrugs. "Probably works on a lot of people," he says before heading to the lifeboats.


NG Gnome Arcanist (Brown-Fur Transmuter) | HP: 2/8 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMB: -3, CMD: 8 | F: +2, R: +1, W: +2; (+2 vs llusion, -2 Vs trap/hazards) | Init: +2 | Perc: +2 (-2 vs Surprise), SM: +0 | Speed 20ft/15ft | Arcane Reservoir: 3/4 | Spells 1st: 2/3 | Active conditions: Medium Encumbrance.

In the middle of a long story about a particularly difficult cipher he cataloged for the Society 'back in the day', he glances towards Jader. "Neat. Just let me finish..." he replies, diving back into the tale.

His back turned to the man, Jader repeats his 'request' a bit more sternly. Slowly, he turns around. "Alright. No need to get in a huff. You know, you could work on your manners. How is this youngster here going to know how my story ends if I leave in the middle?"

The child, rather grateful for the interruption, quickly disappears.

"See? Now you've scared off the poor lad. Alright, lets go then." he laments and begins to shuffle along behind the boisterous half breed. "So, what seems to be the reason for your urgency? You know good things come to those who wait, right? The end of my story for example...."

"So, as I was telling the youngling, this document they urgently needed deciphered came across my desk. Blasted thing was written in 4 different languages and in code! It was quite the treat." For the short walk to the waiting lifeboat, Posh drones on. The man seems to focus on the most minute details, explaining the smell and texture of the parchment.


Half-Orc | Male | Bard 1(Arcane Duelist)| HP: 10 |AC: 16, flat: 16, touch: 10 | Fort:+3, Ref: +2, Will: +2 | Attack’s: = +1 Green Longsword +5 (1d8+6), Falchion +4 (2d4+7), scorpion whip +4 (1d3+5) | At will; 0- Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Message, Spark; 2/day; 1st- Grease, Cure Light Wounds | Bluff +7 Diplomacy +6 Intimidate +13 Perform (oratory) +6 Perform (dance) +6 Perception +4

To those that question why they are being summoned by Ramona to the lifeboats Jader says the same thing Ramona has requested us all to go ashore and look into a matter, I don’t know anything more I was not privy to seeing into the spyglass. Pardon my brashness but the matter may have some urgency


Female LG Half-Elf Paladin (Pearl Seeker) 1 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 14 (11 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +3; Immune vs sleep, +2 vs Enchantment | Init: +1 | Perc: +3, Swim: +9 | Speed 30ft | Smite Evil 1/1 | Spells: None Yet | Active conditions: None.

Tess looks around at the group gathered together, and before getting their objective from Ramona, introduces herself.

"Whatever we might be expected to deal with ashore, I feel like we as a group cover a staggeringly large variety of skills. Truth be told, I'm getting a little excited."


Male Sulis Monk of the Four Winds 1 / HP 12 / Current HP: 10 / (Resist acid, cold, electric, fire 7) / AC 14 (T: 14, FF: 10) /CMB +3, CMD 15 / F 4, R 4, W 2 / Init +4 / Per +6

Kar says nothing, nearly nodding to Jader and Tess in turn as they speak, just enough to acknowledge that he heard them. He awaits Ramona's explanation.


NG Gnome Arcanist (Brown-Fur Transmuter) | HP: 2/8 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMB: -3, CMD: 8 | F: +2, R: +1, W: +2; (+2 vs llusion, -2 Vs trap/hazards) | Init: +2 | Perc: +2 (-2 vs Surprise), SM: +0 | Speed 20ft/15ft | Arcane Reservoir: 3/4 | Spells 1st: 2/3 | Active conditions: Medium Encumbrance.

"Ah, yes. It's good to feel needed again!" remarks Posh with glee. "My dear sir, if you'd told me the urgency of the matter, I surely would have come at a quicker pace."

Glancing towards the shore, he adds "Though, not sure what immediate need one may have for me to inspect an artifact. Wasn't there already a group sent? I distinctly recall being rejected from a group prior to this one." His face falls momentarily, betraying disappointment before lighting up again.

"But of course, where are my manners deary!" With a deep bow to Tessa, he replies "I am Posh Nanjet of the archivists; once employed by the Pathfinder's Society. At your service M'Dear."

Straightening back up, his infections grin beaming. "Now, Ms Ramona, how can we aid you in this hour of need?"


Ramona, seemingly not one to mince words, inclines her head to the site in an "over there" gesture. Once everyone gathers around her near the railing just above where a boat was just lowered, she passes about a spyglass, pointing towards the distant land on the horizon.

We have a problem...something is wrong there. Nobody's in sight; there's no smoke from cook fires or the smithy. Some of the buildings look burned out. Look, sailors can't keep their mouths shut...they love to gossip. Soon all of the other colonists are going to hear about this - if they can't see for themselves already - and things could become....tense.

I need you go go ashore and check out the settlement. I'm going to ask Captain Markosi to sail north along the island's coast to a secondary landing site. You good with that?

It's of note that she's asking, rather than commanding. While you're employees in name, she obviously has some respect for each of your talents, and is asking for help.


Male Sulis Monk of the Four Winds 1 / HP 12 / Current HP: 10 / (Resist acid, cold, electric, fire 7) / AC 14 (T: 14, FF: 10) /CMB +3, CMD 15 / F 4, R 4, W 2 / Init +4 / Per +6

Kar doesn't even answer, he just climbs over the rail and down to the lowered boat, reaching up to help anyone who needs it. He looks at Romona and says, If you need help with unruly colonists, ask Anya.


Female LG Half-Elf Paladin (Pearl Seeker) 1 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 14 (11 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +3; Immune vs sleep, +2 vs Enchantment | Init: +1 | Perc: +3, Swim: +9 | Speed 30ft | Smite Evil 1/1 | Spells: None Yet | Active conditions: None.

Tess bows back to Posh.
"With someone of your stature, I'm sure this mission will be a grand success."
Always be polite to the elderly, she'd been taught.

After Ramona gives the party her request, Tess immediately accepts her leader's request.
"Of course!"

Tess climbs down into the boat as well, showing an eagerness to prove useful to the colony, and an interest in the unexpected group that has been formed. She smiles at Vashina.
"Good to see you're joining us. I guess sea navigation and these tropical islands are pretty different to the river and the wilderness, but I'm glad to have someone who knows how to navigate treacherous waters alongside me."


Female CG Medium outsider (aquatic, native), humanoid (human) Shaman (speaker for the past) 1 | HP: 3/9 | AC: 16 (13 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: -1, CMD: 12 | F: +1, R: +3, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM: +3 | Speed30ft | Wave Strike (5/5) | Spells: 1st bless, stone shield, hydraulic push | Active conditions: none

"This situation is quite worrying. I hope my skills are useful here. Remind me, how long has the settlement been here for? Do you know of any local natural threats that the colony has been dealing with? Any information you have may help."

Even before hearing a reply Vashina is checking her pack and getting ready to climb down to the boat.


Half-Orc | Male | Bard 1(Arcane Duelist)| HP: 10 |AC: 16, flat: 16, touch: 10 | Fort:+3, Ref: +2, Will: +2 | Attack’s: = +1 Green Longsword +5 (1d8+6), Falchion +4 (2d4+7), scorpion whip +4 (1d3+5) | At will; 0- Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Message, Spark; 2/day; 1st- Grease, Cure Light Wounds | Bluff +7 Diplomacy +6 Intimidate +13 Perform (oratory) +6 Perform (dance) +6 Perception +4

I wouldn’t be much of an employee if I said no to the employer’s first request of the mission I was employed to do. Now would I

With that said Jader stands at attention to wait for anyone else to board the boat before he climbs in himself


NG Gnome Arcanist (Brown-Fur Transmuter) | HP: 2/8 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMB: -3, CMD: 8 | F: +2, R: +1, W: +2; (+2 vs llusion, -2 Vs trap/hazards) | Init: +2 | Perc: +2 (-2 vs Surprise), SM: +0 | Speed 20ft/15ft | Arcane Reservoir: 3/4 | Spells 1st: 2/3 | Active conditions: Medium Encumbrance.

"We'd be honored to assist you." replies Posh, take a good look through the eye piece.

K Local (Area threats): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Handing the device back to their employer, he accepts the offered assistance and struggles over the railing. Making his way slowly down to the boat, he lands on his hindquarters with a solid 'Thump'.

Rubbing his rear, hes shakily gets to his feet and finds a seat. "Apologies. Been a long time since I've been in a boat. Why, I do believe the last time I was at sea was the time I visited my great-great grandmother. I dare say that must have been a good 30 years back..."


Male Aquatic Elf Investigator (empiricist) 1 | HP 8/9 | AC 15 (T 13 FF 12) | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Fort +1 Ref +5 Will +3; (+2 vs enchantments) | Init +3 | Perc +7 | Inspiration 3/3 | Extracts: Adhesive Spittle (DC 14), True Strike

Kalathiel introduces himself in turn. "Kalathiel Lenavei. A pleasure to meet you all." He says this politely enough, but he appears distracted. His eyes are drawn to the island off in the distance, which he studies intently.

After Ramona finishes, he nods. "It certainly doesn't look like somewhere being actively lived in. Not a good way to find the place we're supposed to be moving to. We'll find out what's going on." He quickly pats his coat in various places, apparently checking that everything is where it should be. Satisfied, he vaults over the side railing and nimbly descends to the boat waiting below.

1 to 50 of 408 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Ruins of Aztlant All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.