Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

RotRL Gestalt Anniversary Special

Game Master Spiral_Ninja

A gestalt AE Rise of the Runelords.Thistletop L1; Thistletop level 2, Thistletop level 3


401 to 450 of 2,177 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Half-Orc, hp 43/49, DR 1/-, AC 18, (T12/FF16), Init +4, Perc +6. F+5/R+2/W+3
Tracking:
Rage: 10/10, 1st: 5/5

Init:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Will Save:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


HP: 31/31 Saves: +5,+5,+5, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 2

Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19


AC:16|16|14 - F:+4|R:+6|W:+5 - Per:+9 Init:+3

Initiative 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Will Save 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Status:
HP: 18 / 18 | AC:22
Flare (1):
Prestidigitation (1):
Dancing Lights (1):

Elemental Ray (6):
Elemental Fist (1):
Produce Flame (1):

1st Spells (4): x
Spell Effects: Mage Armor

Other Effects: None


DM Ninja/infinite

OK. Ryu, right now the monsters chose to wait until you'd all entered the room from the corridor. If you or anyone else is still in the corridor, let me know.

Initiative order:
You Guys
monsters

If the majority prefers, as per my query in discussion, I'll do a group roll in the future. For now, to speed things up, I'll set the highest roll from you folks as the roll for the group. So you beat my monsters. Those of you who attacked, which did you go for?

If the baby is still up after all of you go anyone who got less than 10 is shaken for 1d4 ⇒ 3 rounds. You are also immune to it's scream for 24 hrs. If it lasts that long. :(


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9

shortbow has a range of 60, I don't think Ryu would feel necessary to go into the room thus, plus we have about 8+ people here already


DM Ninja/infinite

Ryu, confirm your crit and let me know which you shot. ;)

Alkaid I need your will save.


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 Crit... oh well
Choices, choices ... can I haz Strae? no? then mabbe that big ugly thing in the middle of the room.... no not Brindolfin, the one with the boney rib wings. Ima gonna sleepy sleepy now, bye-bye!


DM Ninja/infinite

Mama, then.

mama:
hp 26-4=22


Since initiative is already established, I'll move onto...
Will Save 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20.

Biter bites off a few words that have the sound of goblin curses as he releases an arrow at the larger abomination... his aim obviously affected by the sight.

If Biter is going before his target, Sneak attack applies.
Longbow 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
---> damage 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + (6) = 7.

status:
HP 26/26 - or - Raging ?/30
AC 19 FF 15 Touch 15
CMD 16 FF 12
Fort +4 Reflex +6 Will +1
Conditions / Effects none


HP 36/19 | AC:22/16/16 CMD:21 | F:4 R:3 W:5 | I: +4 P: +7

Init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Cilyanka will remain as the rearguard, taking her assigned task very seriously.

Sorry guys. I will be away from a my computer for most of the day.


DM Ninja/infinite

Map, thanks to Sparrow

Let me know where you are so I can place the markers.

The lighter-colored figure is the human-sized one, the darker one is the tiny sized one. It's hanging 6' in the air from an iron chain.

The pedestal and it's stuff is at F16.


{HP 16/36 | AC13 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/6/4 | Inish +3, Per +9}Female Elf Ranger (Urban Ranger) 3 / Wizard (Foreteller) 3

Sparrow moves in for a better shot before releasing an arrow at the mama. "Just plain creepy!"

Standard to shoot the Mama. If others move in to melee, move to G15. Otherwise I'll stay in the hall, and take a -4 on the attack roll from soft cover.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


HP: 31/31 Saves: +5,+5,+5, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 2

Will save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15


Brin empties his mind to resist (for some it is easy to do). Expend psionic point for +2 Will Save Will1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 111d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Even lessons of the wise hobbit cannot protect me here.
The shaken giant advances to the right manifesting a large two handed flail made out of psychic energy and engages the larger creature in the back.
Move forward, diagonaly forward/right, forward. Manifest psychic blade. If manifasting blade can be done in conjunction with a move- Brin will attack.


Half-Orc, hp 43/49, DR 1/-, AC 18, (T12/FF16), Init +4, Perc +6. F+5/R+2/W+3
Tracking:
Rage: 10/10, 1st: 5/5

Status:Shaken round 1 of 3
Kaddoc is deeply unnerved by the creatures otherworldly cry.

"Stand fast my friends!"

Kaddoc stays where he is and casts Bless: +1 attack and +1 vs fear for 10 rounds

Just a reminder that Kaddoc has a reach weapon and threatens all squares 10' around him


DM Ninja/infinite
Brindolfin Cloudcap wrote:

Brin empties his mind to resist (for some it is easy to do). Expend psionic point for +2 Will Save Will1d20+7;1d20+7

Even lessons of the wise hobbit cannot protect me here.
The shaken giant advances to the right manifesting a large two handed flail made out of psychic energy and engages the larger creature in the back.
Move forward, diagonaly forward/right, forward. Manifest psychic blade. If manifasting blade can be done in conjunction with a move- Brin will attack.

Manifesting the mindblade is a move action as well. so, no, Brin, not this round.

Round 2:
Group
monsters

Post your moves and actions.

If still up, Mama will engage the closest person, moving if neccessary.

Baby is limited in actions due to the chain and can only swing to attack any of the squares surrounding it.

List the square you are in when you post, please.


HP: 31/31 Saves: +5,+5,+5, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 2

Wow you can move your pieces on that map


DM Ninja/infinite

Cool, so...place yourselves!


AC:16|16|14 - F:+4|R:+6|W:+5 - Per:+9 Init:+3

I've moved Strae into the room. I'll post coordinates instead if you'd rather do the movement yourself, Spiral. Also, I'm going to assume I can arc the plane of a Burning Hands spell to catch Mama and Baby in the same blast. If not, feel free to just target Mama.

Straehan slides to the right of the doorway, drawn by the tomes and loose documents. He watches in fascination as the creatures begin to move... The unearthly shriek sets his teeth on edge but doesn't shake his resolve.

Ryu wrote:
"Close the door, or make it burn!"

Strae can't help but agree with the youth's analysis of the situation. His hands form a diagonal arc and a brief phrase causes a sheet of fire to blaze from his hands, seeking the unholy creatures. His announcement is dry as kindling, "Fire in the hole."

Burning Hands
RANGE: 15' cone
EFFECT: 2d4 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5 DAM Fire - Pyro (as +1 Lv)
SAVE: DC:14 Reflex Save for 1/2 DAM

Status:
HP: 18 / 18 | AC:22
Flare (1):
Prestidigitation (1):
Dancing Lights (1):

Elemental Ray (6):
Elemental Fist (1):
Produce Flame (1):

1st Spells (4): xx
Spell Effects: Mage Armor (1 HR)

Other Effects: Bless (+1 HIT, +1 Fear Saves)


Biter tosses the bow aside in frustration. Better with the blade, anyway, he thinks as he circles the... whatevers... closing in and waiting for someone to flank with him, obscenely large blade held in a readied strike.

~~~ Round 2 ~~~
Free: Drop bow (in H13)
Move: Step into position, drawing blade on the move (position updated on map)
Standard: Ready an attack until someone flanks with Biter, then power attack w/ flank.

rolls:
Sm Greatsword 1d20 + 4 + 2 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 4 + 2 - 1 + 1 = 20
---> Damage 1d10 + 3 + 3 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 3 + (5) = 15.

status:
HP 26/26 - or - Raging ?/30
AC 19 FF 15 Touch 15
CMD 16 FF 12
Fort +4 Reflex +6 Will +1
Conditions / Effects Bless (rd 1)


AC:16|16|14 - F:+4|R:+6|W:+5 - Per:+9 Init:+3

Biter - don't forget to factor in that you get the benefit of Kaddoc's Bless


Thannks... i missed that. And someone, PLEASE FLANK WITH ME!!!!! (please?)


DM Ninja/infinite

Mama's reflex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Mama fails, but is still up: HP 26 - 4 (Ryu) = 22 - 5 (Strae)= 19

Baby's reflex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Baby fails and is destroyed: HP 4 - 5 = -1


Half-Orc, hp 43/49, DR 1/-, AC 18, (T12/FF16), Init +4, Perc +6. F+5/R+2/W+3
Tracking:
Rage: 10/10, 1st: 5/5

Status:Shaken round 2 of 3
Charge: +2 to attack - 2 to AC
Rage/day remaining: 6/7

Kaddoc roars with rage Rage on and charges forward to attack the mama.

Attack:1d20 + 8 + 2 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 8 + 2 - 2 + 1 = 22

Damage:2d4 + 9 ⇒ (2, 2) + 9 = 13


HP: 31/31 Saves: +5,+5,+5, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 2

Which one's baby, so it can get taken off the map.


DM Ninja/infinite

The darker marker of the two, one space away form Biter in the same row.

Actually, between Biter and Kaddoc, you can take both of them off, as they slice the wight into several smaller, much more dead, pieces.


HP: 31/31 Saves: +5,+5,+5, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 2

having this tune playing for the dungeon


HP: 31/31 Saves: +5,+5,+5, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 2

"Wow that was fast."


"Wow, what a team. I didn't even get a lick in." Brin watches as the creatures are dispatched.
I need to have my blade out more often.

The half giant dispels his huge flail and replaces it with a huge greatsword.

Turns out save 1 was sufficient. It was good Brin had an empty mind :-)


AC:16|16|14 - F:+4|R:+6|W:+5 - Per:+9 Init:+3

Straehan turns his attention from the thoroughly dismembered undead to the room itself and the wealth of potential information found in the scattered tomes and documents. He sweeps the area with magic sight before giving the room and documents a thorough look.

Detect Magic

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Status:
HP: 18 / 18 | AC:22
Flare (1):
Prestidigitation (1):
Dancing Lights (1):

Elemental Ray (6):
Elemental Fist (1):
Produce Flame (1):

1st Spells (4): xx
Spell Effects: Mage Armor (1 HR)

Other Effects: Bless (+1 HIT, +1 Fear Saves)


Half-Orc, hp 43/49, DR 1/-, AC 18, (T12/FF16), Init +4, Perc +6. F+5/R+2/W+3
Tracking:
Rage: 10/10, 1st: 5/5

Rage off

Kaddoc spends the next 2 rounds(12s) recovering from the scream and calming down, letting his more perceptive companions poke around the room.

"Nice little fight."


HP 36/19 | AC:22/16/16 CMD:21 | F:4 R:3 W:5 | I: +4 P: +7

Cilyanka says, Wow, you guys tore right through those creepy things.

I assume this is Dras' son?


DM Ninja/infinite

No. You were told Das' son was nine when he dissapeared. Examination shows this was an infant, or given other damage to the female figure, a fetus.

Give me an int or KN: local check.


AC:16|16|14 - F:+4|R:+6|W:+5 - Per:+9 Init:+3

INT 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9

Wait a sec, I missed something? As I read it the "mama" is still around no?

"Well, we have a small army here, no wonder it was quick." Ryu mentions as he looks around. Just as he assumed, clearing out the place using the numbers of this group works to his advantage.

Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Due to recent changes in char I have Arcana trained now, but still not Local thus I can't roll
INT 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

GM:
Awaiting continuation of the other timeframe story.

"Also, the issue at hand right now is not who these were when still alive, but that there had to be some demonology or necromancy at play to make these out of them. Thus I assume someone practicing these has to be near." Ryu points at the defeated things. "I say lets burn them, not just because the mortals which they once were, but also because it is the only true method to ensure they don't crawl after us in a few days or years while we are asleep in the night." Ryu then grins at Strae. "Although you already grilled them a bit, well done."

He takes a few steps inside to look around then goes back to the door.
"We are lucky this was the first room we checked, these things could have attacked us from behind if we we had went to the other first.
Of course it doesn't mean there is no greater monstrosity awaiting us there."


AC:16|16|14 - F:+4|R:+6|W:+5 - Per:+9 Init:+3
Ryu Kaijitsu wrote:
Ryu points at the defeated things. "I say lets burn them, not just because the mortals which they once were, but also because it is the only true method to ensure they don't crawl after us in a few days or years while we are asleep in the night."

"At the risk of sounding morbid, we should probably look them over carefully, first. They may provide us with useful information."

Ryu Kaijitsu wrote:
Ryu then grins at Strae. "Although you already grilled them a bit, well done."

Strae chuckles, "Well Done? Nah, I'd say they are Medium at best. Not my finest work, by far. I'll try to show you something memorable next time."


DM Ninja/infinite

Ryu:
You notice a small pile of rotted clothing to one side of the room. Upon examination, you find a small pendant with a familar crest in glass. And you remember...your father's rantings about how his pregnant second wife vanished during the Chopper's reign of terror, but that the locals said she'd run away.

Ryu_time_shift:
The butler nods, then goes to locate her. he returns shortly and says "This way, sir." He leads you to a small, but elaborate side room and says [b}"Lady Deverin, her is the young man."[/b]

The fancily coifed and dressed woman says [b]"Ryu Kaijisu, I presume? How can I help you?"


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9

"Oh hells" Ryu calls out in surprise, but soon realizes this is both a good and bad thing in many ways.

He now knows who these were when alive, Ryu doesn't have to worry about another sibling to show up, and ...well, doesn't get more family members what he actually wished for when coming to this city.

Ryu gently takes the glass up, cleans it, and examines it in light. He doesn't open it, as he hopes someone may be able to cast a spell on the item to know more of its past. He then goes to the two creatures, looks closer at them, then speaks a few words. "By the divine fires, you will be freed, and your torturers punished." He never knew them, but as a Kaijitsu he now has a reason to swear vengeance in the name of the Divine Phoenix and his family, despite that he feels nothing when looking at them, other than considering already how to take advantage of this when going back to Lonjiku.
It is just a duty for the family.

As Ryu stands there considering the fine lines of justice, laws, and morals the others obviously realize that he has found something.


{HP 16/36 | AC13 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/6/4 | Inish +3, Per +9}Female Elf Ranger (Urban Ranger) 3 / Wizard (Foreteller) 3

"So you, um, want to poke around that thing? Ewww." Sparrow slowly comes up to the creature, poking at it at a distance with an arrow. Looking at the burned young one, a flash of anger passes. "All right, probably for the best."

Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27


DM Ninja/infinite

Sparrow:
As a regular to the town, you would have heard the story of Lonjiku's 'runaway' (and pregnant) second wife, whom he always claimed was a victim of the Chopper.


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9

GM:
"Well informed, my Lady." Ryu smiles and bows at her. "I believe this must be one of the many reasons why you are in your position and why you fulfill your duty so admirably." He steps closer. "I wish to discuss a matter with you which is of personal interest to me and is not related to matters of my family." Ryu smiles again. "Would you come with me to take a walk in the garden? We could discuss it under the open sky. It is such a nice weather today." Ryu meanwhile considers how it is less likely to be heard outside what he talks about with her, if he is careful.
If the Mayor and her share a building, it ought to have a dozen extra ears and eyes, considering their dislike for each other.

Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 First impression
Sense Motive 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 Sense current mental state
Diplomacy 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27 Win her over with polite kindness and persuade her to move outside to talk

Meanwhile, at the present time in the room, Ryu speaks up. "Anyone knows how to read the past events through magic, using an item as its focus?" At worse case, Ryu believes his sister or someone else in the city may be able to do it, but something may be missed here on the island if it is not done on the spot.


HP 36/19 | AC:22/16/16 CMD:21 | F:4 R:3 W:5 | I: +4 P: +7

Ryu is right for once says Cilyanka. We should probably cremate them. I'd hate to have them decide they're still not quite dead and come looking for us.

Knowledge: Local 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9

"Situation just changed a bit, this was once my unborn half-sibling, and its mother." Ryu sighs. "I have to make a proper funeral pyre and perform a Flame Ceremony for them."


{HP 16/36 | AC13 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/6/4 | Inish +3, Per +9}Female Elf Ranger (Urban Ranger) 3 / Wizard (Foreteller) 3

"You don't suppose this might be Natsu Kaij...." Sparrow instantly shuts up and glances at Ryu.


DM Ninja/infinite

Cilyanka:
You have the same info Sparrow does, along with comments from Ameiko, who knew that her stpemother went to the chapel regularly to pray for a son and was afraid of Lojiku's reaction to a daughter. You may even have known her.


HP: 31/31 Saves: +5,+5,+5, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 2

still red on her face, and with slightly slurred wording
"Look's like I'll have to do my priestessly duties."


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9

"I will fulfill the ceremony myself. I need however a pyre prepared, and if possible, someone should seek out the past of this pendant to know more of the events." Ryu wasn't really willing to let a drunken woman do a funeral ceremony, plus she is unlikely to also follow the Divine Phoenix.

"We should decide now if we want to make the pyre right away, or check the other door first." He looks up from the two twisted bodies.


HP: 31/31 Saves: +5,+5,+5, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 2

Sense Motive 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

still red on her face, and with slightly slurred wording
"Your just against it since I still have some booze in my system right?
or is it about who I follow?"

She's a scary motive sensing drunk


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9

Alkaid:
You sense that it is a bit of both as you look in Ryu's eyes, but it isn't the full answer. "I am the only relative here, it is my duty to fulfill, and I know the proper rites." As Ryu also looks into your eyes with a steadfast gaze you know this was the last piece of the puzzle. He truly just wants to make the proper funeral and fulfill his duty to deceased relatives. That you are drunk and follow a different god is just further, additional reasons for him to decline. You also sense that Ryu is not lying and he knows the proper clerical rites for the funeral ceremony as per whatever god he follows, even though the boy didn't show clerical attitudes or powers until now.


HP: 31/31 Saves: +5,+5,+5, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 2

still red on her face, and with slightly slurred wording
"Then answer this, whom did she follow?"

I'll let the GM decide this

401 to 450 of 2,177 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The_Ninja_DM's RotRL Anniversary Special All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.