Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

RotRL Gestalt Anniversary Special

Game Master Spiral_Ninja

A gestalt AE Rise of the Runelords.Thistletop L1; Thistletop level 2, Thistletop level 3


351 to 400 of 2,184 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

AC:16|16|14 - F:+4|R:+6|W:+5 - Per:+9 Init:+3

Straehan is musing on the choice, "Hm... Door #1 or Door #2?" when the Giant's property question catches his attention. "I don't know the Human way of things but, at a guess, you'd want to approach the Mayor or Town Council for permission and a price. If we manage to recover the boy, they might even feel indebted. You could pick up the island for a fraction of the price."


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9

"You are pretty strong for a gnome, and consider this a compliment." Ryu smiles as the gnome manages as good as he would have thought the half-giant would.

As he hears Strae mention the price of the island he stops smiling. "There is already a negotiation going on to get the island for a monastery construction and a monk order. That will help clearing the rumors and fear of the island and it will get a new name too. Getting support from all four noble families is harder than you think anyway. Finding the boy is preferable if we can, but just solving the riddle and clearing out the isle is enough. No need to think about such things now, just let's get the closure for the father, whatever it may be."

GM: I assume we won't play out the visit to my father and the other things then? You didn't post about getting there and we only finished the deal with the Mayor.

Ryu rolls for whatever necessary:

Diplomacy 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Survival 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16 to find additional details on when this was abandoned or used last, if animals were here, if there might be a good hiding place for hidden supplies somewhere

After a moment of silence Ryu speaks again. "Door one or two it doesn't matter, because we have to check the other one too once we explored what is behind the first choice of ours. We can't risk being flanked by anything."


DM Ninja/infinite

Ryu:
I will play that out later. Given the time, you would have been able to possibly speak to Mayor Deverin's sister-in-law aand to visit your father, but not neccessarily the others. If you want to talk to the Deverins, go ahead and post in spoilers.


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9

GM:
I thought I can at max go to two more places so that isn't a problem, I planned to go first to my father so I will do that, unless the common sense of my character tells me to first go to the Deverin estate, well common sense what thou think?


DM Ninja/infinite

Ryu:
You are currently at the Deverin manor. However, given that you've been in town long enough to get to know a little of the social situation, talking to Lady Deverin might be better done away from the mayor. They don't get along very well.


AC:16|16|14 - F:+4|R:+6|W:+5 - Per:+9 Init:+3
Ryu Kaijitsu wrote:
"You are pretty strong for a gnome, and consider this a compliment." Ryu smiles as the gnome manages as good as he would have thought the half-giant would.

"Thanks! I'd credit it to clean living and a sin-free lifestyle... except I'd be lying through my teeth. So I'll point to luck and my two accomplices as the deciding factors."

Ryu Kaijitsu wrote:
"There is already a negotiation going on to get the island for a monastery construction and a monk order. That will help clearing the rumors and fear of the island and it will get a new name too. Getting support from all four noble families is harder than you think anyway. Finding the boy is..."

Strae is in a jovial mood despite the creepy snake-crotched statue and clearly misses the under-current of Ryu's statement. "A monastery? You can't swing a Demon's..." He glances at the statue briefly, "...leg without hitting three of those. I'd like to see this become 'Giant's Isle' or 'Brindolfin's Fling' or something like that. Far more intriguing." The Gnome turns to Brindolfin, "I'm assuming you'll have room for a friend or two who helps you acquire the property? I'd like a small tree-house somewhere with a nice water view."


HP 36/19 | AC:22/16/16 CMD:21 | F:4 R:3 W:5 | I: +4 P: +7
Alkaid wrote:
forgetting your alias Cilyanka

Sadly, I posted just before I left for lunch. No correcting it now.


Strae wrote:
"Hm... Door #1 or Door #2?"

Most of the dialogue of the group is lost (or ignored) by the tiny hunter. The question of which direction seems to fully engage him, though. At each door, the goblin does a thorough check for traps, then presses his ear against the stone -- staying there for a full ten heartbeats as he checks for signs of what might be on the other side.

Anything Biter can glean from the doors themselves? Or any sounds coming from behind them?
.
You said Biter didn't find any traps… does that include the doors themselves?
.
Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 (+1 for traps).


{HP 16/36 | AC13 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/6/4 | Inish +3, Per +9}Female Elf Ranger (Urban Ranger) 3 / Wizard (Foreteller) 3

"I think you're all nuts, considering what happened here. Let's see what we can find and get out of here. If we can avoid staying the night, fine by me."


DM Ninja/infinite

You don't find any traps.


"I think we will end up opening both, so as long as we don't open both at the same time....I say door one."

Hearing the property discussion, "The way this group drinks, I need to open an inn here. I think I'll call it Brin's Shindig."


DM Ninja/infinite

So, facing the statue, are you calling door one the left or the right?


AC:16|16|14 - F:+4|R:+6|W:+5 - Per:+9 Init:+3

Let's call it 'Left'


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9

GM:
Ryu steps out of the Mayor's room once again bowing towards her. Then goes a floor lower on the stairs where he asks a servant about the whereabouts of Lady Deverin, the one that isn't the mayor. It is the easiest to discuss the issue with both the representative of the city and the family on the same day.


DM Ninja/infinite

I'm going to break now until about 9PM US EST. I'll pick up everything from there. Also note, tomorrow may be a slow posting day...my Wii has been repaired (the disk drive died June 23rd) and I'll be waitng at the door for UPS! Ack. Nintendo withdrawal!


AC:16|16|14 - F:+4|R:+6|W:+5 - Per:+9 Init:+3

OK, I gotta know... what are your top Wii games?


Biter heads over to the (left) door, then gives a quick look back to make sure everyone is ready. Unless there is word to stop, he heaves the stone door open.


HP: 31/31 Saves: +5,+5,+5, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 2

still red on her face, and with slightly slurred wording and giggling
"So we are going Left I take it,
but is it the Right answer?"

after a second she stops giggling and sobers up for an instant
"I am so not going to drink Black Jack again.
Let's go and take the left door, and see what we find."


AC:16|16|14 - F:+4|R:+6|W:+5 - Per:+9 Init:+3

Strae follows closely behind Biter, mind on the task at hand.


HP 36/19 | AC:22/16/16 CMD:21 | F:4 R:3 W:5 | I: +4 P: +7

As the others mill about deciding which door to open Cilyanka prepares herself for the comind ordeal. Muttering under her breath she traces runes of black fire in the air before her, runes swirl about her for several seconds before fading from sight.

Mage Armor

Gripping her sword tight enough to turn her hand white, she moves into her assigned position. The blades seems to almost burn for a second, then grows cold in her grasp, almost as if it was eager for what lay ahead.


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9

Ryu readies his shortbow, but his daggers are also easy to reach. Considering how many others stand before him it may be he doesn't even get to fight before any enemy groups die. Still, someone also has to be aware of what may come from behind, so he will be one of the rearguard just as others suggested.


Half-Orc, hp 43/49, DR 1/-, AC 18, (T12/FF16), Init +4, Perc +6. F+5/R+2/W+3
Tracking:
Rage: 10/10, 1st: 5/5

Kaddoc always has his guisarme at the ready. He heads out a discrete distance behind the scouts.

Out of curiosity, who's carrying illumination/glowing with a light spell?


{HP 16/36 | AC13 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/6/4 | Inish +3, Per +9}Female Elf Ranger (Urban Ranger) 3 / Wizard (Foreteller) 3

"Good idea, Cilyanka." Sparrow utters an incantation of her own to provide herself with protection. Cast Mage Armor as well.

I can cast light on something of Kaddoc's or Brin's if needed, and keep it up as necessary.


HP 36/19 | AC:22/16/16 CMD:21 | F:4 R:3 W:5 | I: +4 P: +7

<---- Darkvision


AC:16|16|14 - F:+4|R:+6|W:+5 - Per:+9 Init:+3

I can cast Light as well if someone wants it.

Seeing the flurry of arcane gestures from Cilyanka and Sparrow, the little Gnome determines not to be left behind. "I want to be one of the cool kids, too!" Strae quickly shrouds himself in mystic shielding as well and gives the two women a wink before hustling off into the dark after Biter.

Cast Mage Armor

Status:
HP: 18 / 18 | AC:22
Flare (1):
Prestidigitation (1):
Dancing Lights (1):

Elemental Ray (6):
Elemental Fist (1):
Produce Flame (1):

1st Spells (4): x
Spell Effects: Mage Armor (1 HR)

Other Effects: None


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9

Ryu sighs at the little magic show, magic should be more subtle.

and has low-light vision since recently

"So, mister giant. You want to open an inn and become a rival to the Rusty Dragon?" Ryu turns towards the half-giant with a smirk.


HP: 31/31 Saves: +5,+5,+5, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 2
Straehan. wrote:
... "I want to be one of the cool kids, too!" ...

due to still having alcohol in her system, and after hearing Straehan's choice of words, she starts laughing for a bit.

"Nice choice of words "kid," given your the size of a child."

Has Darkvision 60ft.


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9

Ryu can't keep it to himself after the remark of the drunken redhead, and tries to hide his laughter.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 Disguise

With little success.

"Sorry friend, you dug that hole yourself." Grins Ryu at the gnome after he notices that the attempt to hide his amusement was a failure.


HP 36/19 | AC:22/16/16 CMD:21 | F:4 R:3 W:5 | I: +4 P: +7

Cilyanka thinks, Poor Strae, the cool kids don't care about looking cool


AC:16|16|14 - F:+4|R:+6|W:+5 - Per:+9 Init:+3
Alkaid wrote:

due to still having alcohol in her system, and after hearing Straehan's choice of words, she starts laughing for a bit.

"Nice choice of words "kid," given your the size of a child."

Straehan smiles, amused by the quip. His response is factual, "True enough. It's a common hazard for gnomes to be mistaken for human children... as evidenced by a drunk woman (or was it two) last night intimating a profound interest in breast-feeding me."

Bluff 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Sense Motive DC:19:
Strae is genuinely unbothered by the comments - well used to short jokes. He is trying to make Alkaid wonder what she did or didn't do last night - gambling that she was so drunk she has no clear memory and could possibly have done something like that... based on her personality.

Sense Motive (v Ryu) 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12


HP: 31/31 Saves: +5,+5,+5, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 2

Sense Motive 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
still red on her face, and with slightly slurred wording
"Nice try bub, as I tend to see through lies when I'm drunk, and I drink like a fish."


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9

Strae:
You feel that something is bothering Ryu, maybe stress, and might have something to do with the earlier talk about the island. He did indeed find Alkaid's comment funny, but doesn't really regret laughing.

Sense motive (vs Strae) 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Ryu's eyes widen. "Seriously?!" Then he sighs "Am not fond of big breasted women myself, like 'em small and well formed, like those of ... never mind" Ryu quickly looks away from Cilyanka.


{HP 16/36 | AC13 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/6/4 | Inish +3, Per +9}Female Elf Ranger (Urban Ranger) 3 / Wizard (Foreteller) 3

"At least now we know why Ryu was so eager for rear guard." Sparrow's own comment is an obvious attempt to cover her own nervousness, an arrow nocked in case of trouble.


HP 36/19 | AC:22/16/16 CMD:21 | F:4 R:3 W:5 | I: +4 P: +7

All humor vanishes from Cilyanka, Don't even think it Ryu. Tolerating the drunks is one thing, you don't even have that excuse


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9

"What? I haven't done anything!" Unknown to Ryu himself that he looked at Cilyanka's chest earlier he is genuinely surprised at the reactions.


{HP 16/36 | AC13 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/6/4 | Inish +3, Per +9}Female Elf Ranger (Urban Ranger) 3 / Wizard (Foreteller) 3

"Yea, Cil, the kid's just got a little crush. You should be flattered! Besides, what harm could come of it." Sparrow thinks on it for a moment. "Well, I suppose Ameiko could fire you. Of course that's just some leverage the kid could use too. Not giving him any ideas or anything."


HP: 31/31 Saves: +5,+5,+5, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 2

she put her arms cross her waist and raises her forearms to the point where they start to support her bust.
still red on her face, and with slightly slurred wording
"And what's wrong about a motherly figure?"


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9

Ryu gets red in the face as he just realized what the situation was and where he looked earlier.

Hearing then Alkaid speak up he tries to change the subject from him to... something, anything else.
"Nothing, I guess it is just preferences, I am sure you get a lot of admirers too, like Strae and Kaddoc as example."

He start to hope for a suddenly appearing monster, so they can kill stuff instead of talking. Could he really have some sort of crush on the somewhat annoying but often amusing-to-pester girl? Naah.


AC:16|16|14 - F:+4|R:+6|W:+5 - Per:+9 Init:+3
Alkaid wrote:
"...I tend to see through lies when I'm drunk, and I drink like a fish."

Strae coughs a polite laugh of disbelief at Alkaid's drunk assurances while he puzzles over Ryu's mood swing. Did something in the Island discussion bother him? Or is it just this whole creepy place? He's so involved in the thought that he misses most of the conversation, catching on to a snatch of it at the end that brings him to the present.

Ryu Kaijitsu wrote:
"Nothing, I guess it is just preferences, I am sure you get a lot of admirers too, like Strae and Kaddoc as example."

Strae raises an eyebrow. "I was sharing a tale - not a preference. Quantity doesn't equal quality to my mind. Pretty is a common stone; a fine character is a gem. Excuse me." He yields up a brief nod and chases after Biter to take up his scouting duties.


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9

Hm, Strae's remark about quality may or may not have insulted Alkaid, Ryu didn't know the girl as good to guess which one, but the escape of the gnome meant that there was one less person near him to redirect the discussion at. Ryu had less options now so he hoped that aforementioned monster soon arrives.


HP: 31/31 Saves: +5,+5,+5, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 2

A little of column A and a little of column B


DM Ninja/infinite

The doors swing open, revealing a 10' wide corridor extending about 30' before opening into another circular room, more disturbing than the last.

The walls are covered in small niches, many containing remarkably well preserved humanoid eyes and tongues. To your right along the wall is a pedestal containing a dusty tome. Scattered arround the pedestal's base are similar unbound omes and sheets.

But the most disturbing thing in the room is the rotted and mutilated figure sprawled on the floor. It's laying face-down and it's back has been cut aonog the spine and it's ribs splayed out like wings, with it's inner organs (unidentifiable now) pulled from the body and draped ove the shoulders in a hideous duplication of the dual-winged statue outside. Hanging above it, draped in little bird amulets, is a small form also sliced up like the figure on the floor.

As you enter the room, both start to move.


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9

"Close the door, or make it burn!" Ryu shouts as he notices the undead construct. Meanwhile, he gives a prayer in gratitude to the Divine Phoenix that the monster finally appeared.

Can we all properly fit into the room without getting stuck or hinder each other?


DM Ninja/infinite

The room's 30 feet in diameter.


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9

Damn, I forgot my Awesome Rod of Fireballs in my other jacket, and am not able to breath fire yet. One of these is a false statement... soo , how will we handle this battle in pbp?


{HP 16/36 | AC13 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/6/4 | Inish +3, Per +9}Female Elf Ranger (Urban Ranger) 3 / Wizard (Foreteller) 3

So should we all roll initiatives, or would you like to in order to make it go faster?


DM Ninja/infinite

Everyone roll initative, I roll for my monsters and for who they go after.

mama_monster: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

attacks 1d8 ⇒ 1Alkaid.

slam: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

baby_monster: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

screams, everyone within 30 feet make a will save or be shaken.


{HP 16/36 | AC13 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/6/4 | Inish +3, Per +9}Female Elf Ranger (Urban Ranger) 3 / Wizard (Foreteller) 3

Inish: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Will Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12


Init 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9

please consider who is first line and who is behind them, even monsters wont try to rush through multiple people to attack the last guy

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 Initiative
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 Attack
1d6 ⇒ 4 Damage plus 1d4 ⇒ 4 if flanked or sneak attacked
1d20 ⇒ 14 Will save (weakness)
Remember i am quite behind the "wall of living armor"
:)

351 to 400 of 2,184 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The_Ninja_DM's RotRL Anniversary Special All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.