Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


RotRL Gestalt Anniversary Special

Game Master Spiral_Ninja

A gestalt AE Rise of the Runelords.Thistletop L1; Thistletop level 2, Thistletop level 3


301 to 350 of 2,355 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

HP: 24/24 - AC:15|15|11 - CMD:18 - F:+3|R:+6|W:+4 - Per:+7 Init:+3 - Spells: 1st 6/6

Straehan quips, "So no one wants to make this their Summer Home, then?" before following Biter into the bush. While he's not the greatest climber, he seems to understand stealth - vanishing into the underbrush easily.

Take 10 Perception: 18
Stealth 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28


The big guy follows Biter at a distance. He has never been one for stealth.


HP 41/19 | AC:26/17/18 CMD:24 | F:7 R:4 W:8 | I: +4 P: +8

Passive perception = 13

Cilyanka smiles at Sparrows comment, Creepy....no not the statues themselves. The obsession that must have driven the Chopper, that's more than a little creepy.

I just hope we can put the boy to rest for his father.


HP: 54/64 Saves: +6,+6,+6, Cleric(theologian) + Brawler 4

still red on her face, and with slightly slurred wording,
"What was I drinking last night,
normally I don't feel drunk in the morning?"


HP 41/19 | AC:26/17/18 CMD:24 | F:7 R:4 W:8 | I: +4 P: +8

Cilyanka smirks, I'm not sure what was in that last bottle you drank Alkaid. It didn't come from the bar.


Biter's voice comes from somewhere ahead in the foliage, "Was'ing the drinking warm, salty, and sudsy? In'ing a tall, glass bottles withing red writings?"

He turns a mischievous grin to his fellow scout, switching to the goblin tongue once more.

beautiful language of the green skins:
"I definitely couldn't' find my pee bottle at the end of the night..."


HP: 54/64 Saves: +6,+6,+6, Cleric(theologian) + Brawler 4

still red on her face, and with slightly slurred wording
"I only drink alcohol when I start getting drunk and am drunk so it came from the bar,
though I'm sure I broke a few men's hearts, or got them into trouble with their wives.
I hate being a flirty drunk,
And I recall what was her name, Mai, saying that I should have died drinking last night."


HP: 24/24 - AC:15|15|11 - CMD:18 - F:+3|R:+6|W:+4 - Per:+7 Init:+3 - Spells: 1st 6/6

A light gnomish laugh echoes from the woods.

Language of the Civilized (Goblin):
"Be careful! That might be one of her mating rituals."


HP: 54/64 Saves: +6,+6,+6, Cleric(theologian) + Brawler 4

still red on her face, and with slightly slurred wording,
"And what's with your smirking, Cilyanka"

and I'm sure Cilyanka is more annoyed with Alkaid's figure now.


HP 41/19 | AC:26/17/18 CMD:24 | F:7 R:4 W:8 | I: +4 P: +8

Uh uh Cilyanka knows where that last bottle came from. Never drink anything that "accidently" falls from a goblins bag.

That sounds like the bottle Biter. Did you want me to find it for you when we get back?


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9

"Summer Home may be an exaggeration." Ryu speaks after much silence.

GM:
ooc: argh, can barely follow the events, 27 new posts since yesterday o.O
I believe I will be done with the stats update today. Btw, how do you like/decipher my writing?

Ryu listened to the mayor then answered. "The official name is The Order of the Divine Phoenix. The simple and short name would the the Phoenix Order. The name of the god or goddess hasn't been revealed yet, we believe it is a recently born divine entity of fire and rebirth. Its power is very real, the clerics and priests devoted can properly heal and cast other spells granted by it. For simplicity reasons the divinity is called "The Divine Phoenix" because it usually appears like that legendary firebird. The name may have become known since I left the monastery, as you know I was on a different continent so news spread slowly."
Ryu smiled. "As mentioned, the monks craft some magical items and also sell healing potions and salves. They have a vast library, it is there where I learned to write and speak other languages under the tutelage of Master Ignatius. For me, Kelish is more of a mother language that Varisian is due to being for many years in Absalom, but I believe I managed to quickly overcome the accent problem."

Ryu waits for the document to be finished. "Thank you, I will take your advice to heart with those two families. I will also look into Cliff Street." After the matter has been discussed and the papers handed over, Ryu bows towards her and bids farewell.

Next stop is the Kaijitsu Estate, and his father.

It was mentioned a player could have a secondary, non-combat NPC to speak through sometimes, I wish to have Master Ignatius who arrives with the monks act like that.


HP: 54/64 Saves: +6,+6,+6, Cleric(theologian) + Brawler 4

she only goes for bottle with alcohol when she's drunk, and oddly sense lies while drunk as well.

still red on her face, and with slightly slurred wording
"All the drinks, I drank last night were chilled from the Rusty Dragon's Blue ice cooler, and all the bottles had black writings, and had two playing cards on it."

Wis Check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

"Oh crap, I drank 24 bottles of Black Jack."
after a moment
"I'll be feeling drunk for at least two days, and I'll need to increase the number of extra hours of exercise to 2 hours each day for 6 days"


DM Ninja/infinite

Ryu:
As long as you follow the same rules I gave for Mai.

As you explore the islet, those of you who have a base take 10 perception of 12 or better notice strange tracks in the the hard earth along the cliff edge.

Survival or KN: Nature checks, please, if you have either.

As you continue to make your way through the mossy woods you stumble upon the burned-out remnants of a once quaint cottage sagging beneath a growing tangle of weeds and vines. The charred timbers and collapsed slate roof show signs of having once been intricately decorated in pastoral scenes of birds in flight. You can even make out a ruined pigeon coop amidst the detrius.

Perception checks, please.


Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14.


HP 41/19 | AC:26/17/18 CMD:24 | F:7 R:4 W:8 | I: +4 P: +8

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

I'll take 10 8P


DM Ninja/infinite

Biter, rushing ahead to the house, pokes arond, clearing some debris to reveal the outline of a stone slab that seems to serve as a hatchway. he also noticed the strange tracks, but they don't seem to head to the ruined house.

Cilyanka also noticed the odd tracks.


HP: 24/24 - AC:15|15|11 - CMD:18 - F:+3|R:+6|W:+4 - Per:+7 Init:+3 - Spells: 1st 6/6

Survival 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25


Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Survival 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
"I see nuthin' I know nuthin'."


HP: 54/64 Saves: +6,+6,+6, Cleric(theologian) + Brawler 4

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

Survival: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


DM Ninja/infinite

[ooc]Ooo, Srae's very perceptive.{/ooc]

Those who got a Perception check of 12 or better follow the tracks to a spot on the northern seaward edge of the island's cliff, where he find a cache of bones, mostly animal, though a few appear to be goblin and human. Heal checks of 10 or better can give info on how they died.

Streahan, when you follow Biter into the ruined cottage, you find two things. A masterwork set of artisan's tools...and the concealed pit trap they were next to. Before you can fall victim to it.


{HP 16/36 | AC13 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/6/4 | Inish +5, Per +9}Female Elf Ranger (Urban Ranger) 3 / Wizard (Foreteller) 3

I wanna roll some dice too!

Dice:

Knowledge (Nature): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Survival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Heal: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Half-Orc, hp 55/61, DR 2/-, AC 18, (T12/FF16), Init +4, Perc +6. F+5/R+2/W+3
Tracking:
Rage: 10/10, 1st: 5/5

Dice rolling madness!!

Perception:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Survival:1d20 ⇒ 6
Heal:1d20 ⇒ 8

ugg


Wow... I totally missed the Survival roll for the prints.
Survival 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9.


HP: 24/24 - AC:15|15|11 - CMD:18 - F:+3|R:+6|W:+4 - Per:+7 Init:+3 - Spells: 1st 6/6

Straehan eyes the ruined interior of the squalid cottage. "A little more of a rustic aesthetic than I'd choose but the location is ideal... if you're a murderous lunatic."

A set of odd lines in the dirty floor draws his attention. He runs a booted toe along the narrow mark and then calls it to the attention of his small compatriot. "That looks like a hidden pit - a strange thing to have in your home..."

He skirts the pit's edge, runs a hand under the rough shelf on the far side, and comes up with a small, cloth parcel. Flipping open the bag, he whistles at the exquisite set of artisan tools contained within it. "I imagine these are what he used to carve all those birds." Straehan puts the kit in a sash pouch for later examination and looks to Biter. "Shall we trigger this pit to see if its more than it looks?"

Heal 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18


HP: 54/64 Saves: +6,+6,+6, Cleric(theologian) + Brawler 4

still red on her face, and with slightly slurred wording
"Wow, I'm lucky to be alive, most people don't survive having more than 2 or 3 bottles of Black Jack, and I set a record.
Though I think my liver's going to hate me for a long while."

"No more drinks for a week, ...
or month."

Heal: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16


DM Ninja/infinite

Heal 10+: The remains appear to have been gnawed on by a large, extreemly toothy creature with a very strong jaw. The most recent of them are about a month old.

Survival or KN: Nature 15: The tracks are from a large, three-toed quadraped and given the way they vanich, the creature can proably fly.

Once this info is shared, give me a KN: local check, please.


Biter nods to the gnome as he begins to look over the pit trap, fingers sliding along the edges to see if it's anything other than a simple trap. Perception (trap finding) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13.

As he works, he grumbles, "Biter is'ing to thinking that notting talking of drinking's for 5 minutes would'ing to be a record..."


HP 41/19 | AC:26/17/18 CMD:24 | F:7 R:4 W:8 | I: +4 P: +8

Knowledge: Local 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

Cilyanks says Three toed, four legs, sharp teeth, and can fly?

Sounds kinda familiar, give me a moment....


DM Ninja/infinite

That fits the description of the Sandpoint Devil.


{HP 16/36 | AC13 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/6/4 | Inish +5, Per +9}Female Elf Ranger (Urban Ranger) 3 / Wizard (Foreteller) 3

While the others work inside the house, Sparrow will keep watch outside, circling it and keeping an eye out.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

I'm assuming someone else can use Detect Magic to search for the arcane inside as needed while I keep watch outside.


DM Ninja/infinite

Straehan, Biter: the pit is just a 30' pit. Bad enough. However, the slab Biter discovered is something else entirely. It looks like it could be lifted, with enough strength.

At this point, Detect Magic is coming up blank. Nothing magical can be detected here. Of course, if that slab does lead to the lower areas Quink and Sheriff Hemlock mentioned, maybe the posse missed something.

From what the sheriff said, they broke in and found the Chopper dieing from self-mutilation. He'd apparently cut out his own tongue and eyes to offer them to his demonic master. So, it's possible they never searched further.


HP: 24/24 - AC:15|15|11 - CMD:18 - F:+3|R:+6|W:+4 - Per:+7 Init:+3 - Spells: 1st 6/6

Vaguely dissatisfied with the empty trap, Straehan taps Biter on the shoulder and gestures towards the door. "Wanna check out Chopper's underground lair?"

He exits the cottage, gives Sparrow a nod of thanks for the over-watch, and turns his attention to the stone slab and the morbid scene that occurred beneath it.

He winks at Sparrow, "Stand back, little lady, I wouldn't want you hurt when I toss this rock aside..." He rolls up his sleeves exposing his slender arms (which he flexes to no obvious effect) and throws his body against the stone - expecting only to elicit a laugh from the elf maid. He is shocked when the rock actually shifts incrementally.

STR Check 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (20) + 0 = 20 LOL!

Anyone wanna get an AA in on this action?!?!?


The big man thinks he will have to aid the gnome, but looks in amazement as he moves the stone.
Only if needed STR 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19


{HP 16/36 | AC13 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/6/4 | Inish +5, Per +9}Female Elf Ranger (Urban Ranger) 3 / Wizard (Foreteller) 3

Leaning against the wall, watching as Straehan prepares to try to move the rock, she gives a small laugh, "My Mister Straehan, so big and strong." Fanning herself with her hand in jest, she pauses as the rock actually moves abit. "Whoa, hold on Strae." Looking around, she finds a piece of wood to try to wedge underneath to help lift it up.

Strength Aid Another: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20


HP: 24/24 - AC:15|15|11 - CMD:18 - F:+3|R:+6|W:+4 - Per:+7 Init:+3 - Spells: 1st 6/6

The gnome keeps heaving for all he's worth, panting, "I can't believe it actually moved. It ruins my brilliant plan to win your heart through pity."


{HP 16/36 | AC13 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/6/4 | Inish +5, Per +9}Female Elf Ranger (Urban Ranger) 3 / Wizard (Foreteller) 3

"Ugh, don't worry...I'll bet...you'll have plenty....more....chances to...do just that. Stupid...rock."


DM Ninja/infinite

You do manage to move the slab, revealing an opening and a spiral staircase leading into the depths of the islet. The architecture is ancient, resembing the hewn stone construction of the Old Light. As far down as you can see the stone walls of this area have been painted haphazardly with bird shapes. However, these primitive paintings are not the pleasant birds of the forest. These are vicious predatory birds, seemingly poised for attack. You can't tell how far down the stairwell descends.


{HP 16/36 | AC13 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/6/4 | Inish +5, Per +9}Female Elf Ranger (Urban Ranger) 3 / Wizard (Foreteller) 3

Sitting on the ground near the now revealed staircase, Sparrow asks the obvious question. "So, who first?"


HP: 24/24 - AC:15|15|11 - CMD:18 - F:+3|R:+6|W:+4 - Per:+7 Init:+3 - Spells: 1st 6/6

Straehan stares into the darkness below. "Call me reckless... but I think Biter and I should go first." He gives the elf a grin, "You can follow along and rescue me when I start screaming for help."


HP 41/19 | AC:26/17/18 CMD:24 | F:7 R:4 W:8 | I: +4 P: +8

Cilyanka quips. I'll volunteer to guard the rear. I'm sure everyone else has waaaayyy more experiance exploring creepy places. Would not want to get in the way.


DM Ninja/infinite

The stairs are 5' wide and spiral downward for quite a diastance before opening up into a dark, circular antechamber. Equally spaced arond the chamber walls are six odd symbols, seven-pointed stars carved into the stone of the chamber. The disturbing bird paintings continue here as well, but all are secondary to the sight that greets you - positioned just past the midpoint of the chamber.

Dominating the room is a looming, man-shaped wooden statue of a being with the legs and talons of a giant eagle, two sets of eagle wings, a twisted, gem-studded avian head, and -disturbingly- a snake in place of the being's genitals.

Behind the statue is what appears to be a collapsed tunnel.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Biter stalks out just in time to see the group struggling with the slab. Suddenly there is something unignorably interesting about a chip of paint on the door pane… which lasts just long enough for the slab to move.

He then walks past Sparrow, the giant-man, and Straehan. He pats Sparrow on the knee on his way into the dark staircase. "Nice'ing job on the pushings, Sparrow."

Cilyanka Caumlo wrote:

Cilyanka quips. I'll volunteer to guard the rear. I'm sure everyone else has waaaayyy more experiance exploring creepy places. Would not want to get in the way.

Biter responds back, his voice muted against the darkness, "Notting to be careless in rear-guardings… is'ing to keep front-sneaks safe. Biter is'ing being much appreciation. Biter is notting to want ---"

Whatever it is that Biter doesn't want is cut off as he enters the new chamber. He immediately goes on high-alert, red eyes squeezing to slits as he stalks forward in a low crouch. A tiny jungle cat searching for prey.

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24 (+1 for traps)
Stealth 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (13) + 15 = 28.

With a look up at the statue, Biter shakes his head as he whispers over to his fellow advanced scout. "Notting to think this big bird guy is'ing to have muching luck with'ing the matings, eh?"

You notice, however, that the goblin's red eyes seem to linger covetously on the gems on the statue's head.


{HP 16/36 | AC13 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/6/4 | Inish +5, Per +9}Female Elf Ranger (Urban Ranger) 3 / Wizard (Foreteller) 3

Sparrow casts a spell and begins to search for magical auras in the room, taking particular effort to concentrate on each symbol and the statue.

"Few months back in Sandpoint, I met a guy at the Rusty Dragon. Some kind of snake shaman. All kinds of snake tattoos, including on his face. Snake leather armor even. I remember he liked to call his, um, 'tool' his King Cobra. Wasn't shy about it either."

"You remember him, right Cilyanka? He kept trying to pinch your butt when you walked by, claiming he was practicing his viper strike. What a jerk. Glad I never found out if he actually had a snake in there."

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


HP: 54/64 Saves: +6,+6,+6, Cleric(theologian) + Brawler 4

replying to Sparrow's words
"Good thing, I was not around for him to try it on."


Half-Orc, hp 55/61, DR 2/-, AC 18, (T12/FF16), Init +4, Perc +6. F+5/R+2/W+3
Tracking:
Rage: 10/10, 1st: 5/5

Kaddoc is content to let the sneaks do their sneaking....


The half giant responds to Straehan's earlier comments about a summer home--he must have been reflecting on his words for a while, "I think I would like to settle here, not just for summers, but all year round. Kind of a quick jaunt to civilization, but far enough away for privacy. How do I buy this island?"
Brin is quite serious.


DM Ninja/infinite

Biter you don't find any traps, but you do find two concealed 10-foot wide double doors, each positioned midway between the entrance and the rubble-filled back wall and marked with that odd star symbol. Ruins of a similar door lie scattered throughout the rubble.

Nothing in this area detects as magic.

Osirion

Cilyanka says I remember him well enougn Alkaid. He didn't pinch me have as much as that troop of dwarven guards the month before, and left better tips.


DM Ninja/infinite

Sorry, forgot to add: you estimate the room to be about 40' in diameter.


HP: 54/64 Saves: +6,+6,+6, Cleric(theologian) + Brawler 4

forgetting your alias Cilyanka

301 to 350 of 2,355 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The_Ninja_DM's RotRL Anniversary Special All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.