Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RotRL Gestalt Anniversary Special

Game Master Spiral_Ninja

A gestalt AE Rise of the Runelords.Thistletop L1; Thistletop level 2, Thistletop level 3


201 to 250 of 2,232 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

DM Ninja/infinite

You detect a very faint trace of magic and follow it to a small carving of a bird on the cliff wall below the boneyard. It looks like someone tried to remove it, but failed. You think that's the spot that seemed to trigger your Detect Magic.

Give me a Kn:Arcana roll.

Spoiler:
If I'm going to mess up, I might as well make use of it.


{HP 16/36 | AC13 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/6/4 | Inish +5, Per +9}Female Elf Ranger (Urban Ranger) 3 / Wizard (Foreteller) 3

Knowledge (Arcana): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17


DM Ninja/infinite

You've heard of haunts. Given the stories of how the Choper carved birds and worshiped a bird-demon, perhaps this is relevant after all.

Perception check, please.


{HP 16/36 | AC13 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/6/4 | Inish +5, Per +9}Female Elf Ranger (Urban Ranger) 3 / Wizard (Foreteller) 3

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

Oh god, girl all alone in a horror story. This just might be it for me.


DM Ninja/infinite

Weird. You think that bird image originally had four wings.


{HP 16/36 | AC13 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/6/4 | Inish +5, Per +9}Female Elf Ranger (Urban Ranger) 3 / Wizard (Foreteller) 3

Does the carving still radiate magic? If so...

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11


DM Ninja/infinite

It's not radiating magic now.


{HP 16/36 | AC13 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/6/4 | Inish +5, Per +9}Female Elf Ranger (Urban Ranger) 3 / Wizard (Foreteller) 3

Sparrow picks up the strange statue, examining it to see if there's anything strange about it before looking to see if there's any tracks in the area, preferably something recent.

Survival (Tracking): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


DM Ninja/infinite

You can't find any tracks. It's odd. A bird, yet not a bird. From where it's laying it looks like it was broken off of something and tossed away.


{HP 16/36 | AC13 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/6/4 | Inish +5, Per +9}Female Elf Ranger (Urban Ranger) 3 / Wizard (Foreteller) 3

I'll give one good last look around the area before heading back to the smithy with my prize in hand.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14


DM Ninja/infinite

You can't find anything else here.


HP 41/19 | AC:26/17/18 CMD:23 | F:5 R:3 W:6 | I: +4 P: +8

Cilyanka stands leaning with her back to one wall, casually watching the other mill about. Guess we'll have to head over to Chopper's Island tomorrow to solve this. That's where the boys is headed. In the meantime...

Seeing Sparrow walking back carrying something, she quickly perks up. Whatcha find Sparrow?


{HP 16/36 | AC13 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/6/4 | Inish +5, Per +9}Female Elf Ranger (Urban Ranger) 3 / Wizard (Foreteller) 3

Sparrow will head back to the others (who look like are finishing with Das's place?). "Found this back where that flash of magic occurred. Any ideas?" She shows them all the statue.


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9

Ryu looked up as Quink finally said some interesting things. "I see, so such ruins are even in this city. I wonder if there aren't more of them here, maybe even a whole city?" Ryu grinned, he meant this as a joke, kinda like how often people don't see the tree from the forest, but his grin quickly changed to a thoughtful gaze. "Actually, this continent is still pretty uncharted and unknown as I hear, it wouldn't be surprising if a whole city with riches and streets as dungeons would be below us without the citizens knowing of it." He then took a dramatic pause before continuing. "Master Quink, you may have heard that I own my very life and that I can be here today to the clerics who rescued me from slavers. They are good people but our faith is not much known. Do you think a new temple would be allowed here for them? Maybe just get an older building sold cheaply which they could renovate and open as one?"

Ryu smiles all-knowingly. "Many of the monks and clerics are knowledgeable about history and other things, I am sure you would be on especially good terms with them. If I would want to get the right to such a building and the settlements support, what should I do?" Ryu saw that the lack of representation from almost all stronger religions would be of great advantage to the Phoenix Order, the additional superstition of the folk here what Quink spoke about means they could easily blend in and spear their own influence.

Ryu considered Quink to be either too proud of his knowledge or just a male version of the gossiping old housewives, in either case he hoped his friendly attitude, the drink, and small gestures occasionally like calling Quink "master" will soothe his ego enough to get him consider Ryu as a friend and help him make Sandpoint a "beachhead" for the Phoenix Cult on this continent.

Sense Motive on Quink 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Diplomacy check 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24 to influence Quink's attitude positively and get his cooperation, unknown circumstance bonuses due to roleplay actions (like the drink) still needs to get added.


DM Ninja/infinite

"Well, check with your father. After all, the founding families are still a power in this town. And talk to Mayor Deverin at the Twon Hall. And there's even more proff of the power of the founders. The Deverins were one the four families."


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9

"What can you tell me about the Mayor?" Ryu asked.


Half-Orc, hp 55/61, DR 2/-, AC 18, (T12/FF16), Init +4, Perc +6. F+5/R+2/W+3
Tracking:
Rage: 10/10, 1st: 5/5

Location: Outside the Smithy

Kaddoc takes a long look at the statue.

Knowledge(religion):1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

"Hmmm... Let me think a moment..."


DM Ninja/infinite

"She's been mayor since 4702. Fair and dedicated. She was elected after Casp Avertin recommended her. Her brother Fenchus was the mayor but died of a snakebite. And surprisingly calm, given the traditional temper claimed for redheads."


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9

"Heh, redheads. Funny how a few rare times superstition actually holds true." Ryu smiled at the man. "Well then, I'll be counting on you when the time comes for gaining support among the citizens for the new temple. I will soon go to the Mayor and then to my father after it to discuss this with them." He noticed that the cup of Quink is almost empty. "Do you wish a refill? By the way, the refill won't be on the house anymore, even the Dragon needs some income, and my sister wouldn't be too happy if she knew I give some drinks out to my friends."


DM Ninja/infinite

Quink laughs. "Not a problem. I wouldn't cheat Ameiko under any circumstances. Poor girl's been through so much."

He pauses. "Of course, I'm not sure if our town of 1240 souls will support another chapel. That's mainly why the main Cathedral handles all of the deities."


HP: 31/31 Saves: +6,+6,+6, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 4

she looks at Ryu with a slightly angry face
"Don't paint all us red heads with the same brush"


DM Ninja/infinite

Spoiler:
That 'bird' is very odd. From the implications of the chips indicating missing pieces it could be an image of Pazuzu, the demon lord known as 'King of the Wind Demons'.


HP: 31/31 Saves: +6,+6,+6, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 4

Know(religion): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21


DM Ninja/infinite

Alkaid:
Once everyone gets back to the Rusty Dragon with their findings you, too, can examine the figure and reach the same conclusion.


Okay,so we're still split up currently? Some of us at the smithy, with Ryu at the Dragon? Just making sure, as it's a little confusing.

Maybe people (in these multi-location scenarios), people could begin their post with:

At the Smithy:


DM Ninja/infinite
Biter wrote:

Okay,so we're still split up currently? Some of us at the smithy, with Ryu at the Dragon? Just making sure, as it's a little confusing.

Maybe people (in these multi-location scenarios), people could begin their post with:

At the Smithy:

Yes, please. It helps me, too. If I know where everyone is, I don't accidentally skip anyone.


At the Smithy:
The big man follows Kaddoc.
He is a thinker. I like that.


At the Smithy:

The big goblin follows Kaddoc.
He is a thinker. I'm going to have to watch that.

:D


HP: 31/31 Saves: +6,+6,+6, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 4

GM:
when I heard wind demon king I knew it was Pazuzu,
which existed during the Assyro-Babylonian time

@ the rusty dragon
"This statue is likely of the wind demon king Pazuzu."


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9

Know.religion 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19 Sorry no idea about Pathfinder gods, is Pazuzu in the game as one?
@ the rusty dragon

"Don't worry, the Order handles general and magic shops, so if they come it means they also open a new shop here to support themselves." As Ryu ended the discussion with Quink he turned to Alkaid smiling. "Just the kind of reaction one would expect of a redhead." The boy winked then with a grin on his face. "Anyway, if I want to make it before nightfall, I have to get soon to the mayor, then see if I should even bother with discussing it also with my father, if there is no support from the Deverins, getting support from my father alone wouldn't be as effective." Only the support of both would be sufficient as Ryu thought.

He moved from the counter and looked at Alkaid. "Need anything else before I leave?" If he is already here he can just as well take more orders.

GM:
Sorry that I wander about, but I noticed it is easier to handle events/players in smaller groups in such a pbp, and considering the way I am on/offline I would miss out on reacting to multiple actions comments otherwise even if there in "person".


AC:16|16|14 - F:+4|R:+6|W:+5 - Per:+9 Init:+3

At the Smithy:

The tall gnome follows the big goblin following the big man following Kaddoc.

He is a thinker. How interesting.

:P


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9
Straehan. wrote:

At the Smithy:

The tall gnome follows the big goblin following the big man following Kaddoc.

He is a thinker. How interesting.

:P

Stra:
Can't help it but imagine that we are about half way past creating a twisted version of the 7 dwarves XD

DM Ninja/infinite

He's not a deity, more of a proscribed demon lord


Half-Orc, hp 55/61, DR 2/-, AC 18, (T12/FF16), Init +4, Perc +6. F+5/R+2/W+3
Tracking:
Rage: 10/10, 1st: 5/5

At the Smithy

I take it that the spoiler was to indicate a successful religion check.

Kaddoc looks quizzically at the parade that he suddenly finds himself at the head of.

"I think the statue is ment to represent Pazuzu a demon lord that styles himself the 'King of the Wind Demons'.

A frown creases his forehead.

"Didn't someone mention something about a bird demon statue being worshiped by the Chopper?


DM Ninja/infinite

Cilynaka_&_Locals:
Quink is known for his obsession with Tasslionian ruins, though most folk don't believe the local ruins are Tassilonian.


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9

As Alkaid didn't say anything, Ryu left for the Mayor's house.


DM Ninja/infinite

Ryu: You arrive at the Deverin Manor and are greeted by the butler."What can I do for you, sir?"


HP 41/19 | AC:26/17/18 CMD:23 | F:5 R:3 W:6 | I: +4 P: +8

@ The Smithy

Walking over to sit next to Alkaid, Cilyanka sighs deeply. Ryu had best watch his snide remarks about redheads. If he keeps it up, he's likely to start finding some very unpleasant things under his bedsheets.

As for Dans, we really need to help him. He deserves closure and his son will not rest until we can settle matters.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I really don't have anything I think needs done before we rest and head out to the Chopper's Isle. I only say so because it seems like we've found what there is to find.

Biter -- not seeing anything remarkable about the little bird-statue itself and having no idea who or what Pazazu is -- gives a long scratch to his right ear before settling onto the cobblestones in a crouch. He seems content for the research to run its course.


Brin nods at the half-orc's words. "We go to this Chopper Island, all will be settled there. Looking for clues and watching others think is making me thirsty. Let's go back to the Dragon."


{HP 16/36 | AC13 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/6/4 | Inish +5, Per +9}Female Elf Ranger (Urban Ranger) 3 / Wizard (Foreteller) 3

"Heading back to the Dragon and visiting this island seems the best course of action."


Half-Orc, hp 55/61, DR 2/-, AC 18, (T12/FF16), Init +4, Perc +6. F+5/R+2/W+3
Tracking:
Rage: 10/10, 1st: 5/5

"I agree. To the bar, then"


Biter hoists an invisible pint, "TO THE BAAAR!"


HP: 31/31 Saves: +6,+6,+6, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 4
Cilyanka Caumlo wrote:

@ The Smithy

Walking over to sit next to Alkaid, Cilyanka sighs deeply. Ryu had best watch his snide remarks about redheads. If he keeps it up, he's likely to start finding some very unpleasant things under his bedsheets.

As for Dans, we really need to help him. He deserves closure and his son will not rest until we can settle matters.

"I hope it's not something overboard,

I agree that for Dans this issue is a giant burden for him and his son."


HP: 31/31 Saves: +6,+6,+6, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 4
Biter wrote:
Biter hoists an invisible pint, "TO THE BAAAR!"

with an excited voice

"Did someone say "to the Bar?""


Biter's already halfway down the road, tiny legs carrying him at a surprising speed towards Friend Ameiko's Dragon. "Lasting one to be arriving is'ing to buy tasty drinkses!"


AC:16|16|14 - F:+4|R:+6|W:+5 - Per:+9 Init:+3

Straehan gives the fleet-footed goblin and the long-legged folks a wry look, "Oh, yes. That's a fair race." He begins ambling slowly towards the bar while observing the town, the race results (and who will be buying the first round) a foregone conclusion.


{HP 16/36 | AC13 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/6/4 | Inish +5, Per +9}Female Elf Ranger (Urban Ranger) 3 / Wizard (Foreteller) 3

Sparrow can't help but laugh at the prospect. "Well, if you want, I can give ya a piggy back ride there, though not the most dignified way of travel. Just watch where you're grabbing." Either way, Sparrow will travel with Straehan.


I don't expect anyone to actually pay for the drinks. :)


HP: 31/31 Saves: +6,+6,+6, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 4

Alkaid does
after hearing Biter's declaration that the last one pays for the drinks
like in "Loonie Tunes/Bugs Bunny and Tweety show" you see a poof of smoke of her figure at the spot she disappeared from view.

She really like booze, but at the same time hates some of the after effects for her

201 to 250 of 2,232 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The_Ninja_DM's RotRL Anniversary Special All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.