Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


RotRL Gestalt Anniversary Special

Game Master Spiral_Ninja

A gestalt AE Rise of the Runelords.Thistletop L1; Thistletop level 2, Thistletop level 3


1,351 to 1,400 of 2,357 << first < prev | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | next > last >>

Seeing the attack on the mayor, Brin quickly rushes to hit the main villain but is distracted by the bugs and fails to come close.

hit/dam: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 73d6 + 9 ⇒ (6, 4, 2) + 9 = 21


DM Ninja/infinite

Init:
Alkaid Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Brindolfin Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Cilyanka Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Kaddoc Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Sparrow Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Straehan Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
mayor Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Round 1:
Alkaid
Kaddoc
mayor
Straehan
Brindolfin swing and miss
Cilyanka
Sparrow

Spoiler:

AC 14, touch 13, flat-footed 13 (+1 armor, +2 Dex, +1 dodge)
hp 41


Half-Orc, hp 55/61, DR 2/-, AC 18, (T12/FF16), Init +4, Perc +6. F+5/R+2/W+3
Tracking:
Rage: 10/10, 1st: 5/5

Rage on

With a yell, Kaddoc moves to strike the mayor (charging if need be),

Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30threatening
Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18confirm

Damage(x3): 6d4 + 27 ⇒ (4, 2, 2, 3, 1, 2) + 27 = 41

Cleanly running the man though.

Tracking:

rage 3/8
spells 4/5


DM Ninja/infinite

Kaddoc skewers the Mayor in on swift thrust. His face twists in shock as he drops. As he does so the other cultists collapse as well, in shock and horror...horror that is amplified by what happens next.

The mayor's body twists and thrashes, then bursts open in a shower of gore as a mosquitolike monstrosity crawls out into the world. The cultists collapse onto the ground in fits of religious ecstasy, chanting Ghlaundar's name.

Where a man's body lay now instead a human-sized, mosquitolike creature with a long, flexible proboscis ending in a murderous stinger rises to attack.

Alkaid Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Brindolfin Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Cilyanka Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Kaddoc Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Sparrow Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Straehan Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
boss monster, part 2 Initiative: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Spoiler:

AC 18, touch 14, flat-footed 14 (+4 Dex, +4 natural)
hp 52
fast healing 3

1d4 ⇒ 2

Round 1:
Straehan
Cilyanka
Brindolfin
bug-monster
Sparrow
Alkaid
Kaddoc


HP: 24/24 - AC:15|15|11 - CMD:18 - F:+3|R:+6|W:+4 - Per:+7 Init:+3 - Spells: 1st 6/6

The gnome rolls in quickly, his fists bursting into flame as he delivers a decisive flat punch to the core of the Mansquito.

MOVE: Close with Man-squito!
STAND + SWIFT: Strike + Elemental Fist + Sorc Strike

BOOM:
STAND + SWIFT: Hand (crit: 20/2x)
MODS: Elemental Fist, Sorcerous Strike
HIT: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
DAM: 1d4 + 1d6 + 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + (4) + (5) + 1 = 14 (d6's are Fire)

Status:
HP: 22 / 24 | AC:22
Flare (1):
Prestidigitation (1):
Dancing Lights (1):
Elemental Ray (6): xxxx
Elemental Fist (1): x
Produce Flame (1): x
1st Spells (5): xxx
Spell Effects: None


After missing at the man form, Brin tries for the bug form circling opposite the quick gnome. He swings hard, but his attacks have been more accurate.
hit/dam: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 2 = 173d6 + 9 ⇒ (4, 2, 1) + 9 = 16


HP 41/19 | AC:26/17/18 CMD:24 | F:7 R:4 W:8 | I: +4 P: +8

Seeing the mayors transformation, Cilyanka silently continues her attack, her blade eagerly seeking the blood of the mosquito-demon.

2-handing weapon, arcane strike

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Status:

HP: 19/22
Temp: 6/6
Arcane Pool: 0/4
AC: 22/13/18
effects: mage armor, arcae pool(+1 rhoka), arcane strike


DM Ninja/infinite

KN_Dungeoneering_20:
The creature is an abberation, a Blightspawn of Ghlaundar.

Spoiler:

AC 18, touch 14, flat-footed 14 (+4 Dex, +4 natural)
hp 52-14=38-13=25]
fast healing 3

Brindofin's blow glances of the creature's chitin, but Straehan and Cilyanka strike true.

The creature strikes back swiftly, lashing out at Alkaid with it's stinger.

Alkaid=1, Brindofin=2, Cilyanka=3, Kaddoc=4, Sparrow=5, Straehan=6

target: 1d6 ⇒ 1

sting: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

damage: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (2, 6) + 7 = 15

Alkaid Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Brindofin will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Cilyanka will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Kaddoc will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Sparrow will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Straehan will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Alkaid:
Poison (Su) Sting—injury; save Fort DC 16; frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; effect 1d4 Wisdom damage and confusion for 1 round; cure 2 saves. wis_damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Cilyanka and Kaddoc are affected by the creature's Aura.

Bug_aura_save:
Stagnation Aura (Su) A blightspawn’s stagnation aura causes lethargy and torpor in those who approach it, sapping energy and speed. When a creature comes within 20 feet of a blightspawn, it must make a DC 16 Will save to avoid being affected as per the spell slow, for as long as the creature remains within the blightspawn’s aura and for an additional 1d3 rounds after leaving it. Once a creature successfully saves against the aura, it is immune to that particular blightspawn’s aura for 24 hours; otherwise, re-entering the aura forces a creature to save again. In addition, this aura fouls liquids of all types within the area. A creature that drinks anything in a blightspawn’s aura (including potions and alchemical elixirs)
must make a DC 14 Fortitude save or be nauseated for 1d3 rounds.


Half-Orc, hp 55/61, DR 2/-, AC 18, (T12/FF16), Init +4, Perc +6. F+5/R+2/W+3
Tracking:
Rage: 10/10, 1st: 5/5

Assuming he is still in melee range, Kaddoc attacks:

Stabbity: 1d20 + 10 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 10 - 1 = 13

and misses.

Tracking:

rage 2/8
spells 4/5


Rnd 2: The big Guy shrugs off the feeling of lethargy and attacks ineffectively from the flank.
hit/dam: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 103d6 + 9 ⇒ (1, 4, 1) + 9 = 15


{HP 16/36 | AC13 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/6/4 | Inish +5, Per +9}Female Elf Ranger (Urban Ranger) 3 / Wizard (Foreteller) 3

Round 1

Sparrow fires an arrow at the creature. "Ick!"

Longbow: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 1 = 11
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Add 2 to attack/damage if it's a magical beast for favored enemy.


DM Ninja/infinite

Round 1 actions so far:
Straehan: hits bug critter
Cilyanka: hits but critter
Brindolfin: misses bug crittier
bug-monster: hits Alkaid
Sparrow: misses (abberation, not magical beast)
Alkaid
Kaddoc: misses

Need Alkaid's 1st round action.

Spoiler:

AC 18, touch 14, flat-footed 14 (+4 Dex, +4 natural)
hp 52-14=38-13=25+3 (on it's round)=28
fast healing 3

Round 2:
Straehan
Cilyanka
Brindolfin: misses again
bug-monster
Sparrow
Alkaid
Kaddoc


HP: 54/64 Saves: +6,+6,+6, Cleric(theologian) + Brawler 4

Alkaid casts Enlarge person on Brindolfin
"Brindolfin grapple the sucker down so it does not get away,
And I'll ripe off the Bug's Stinger so it can't attack."


DM Ninja/infinite

Cilyanka attacks the bug-critter with a powerful, arcanely-enhanced swing, connecting just as it rises to hover over the group.

attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21 18-20/x2
damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Spoiler:

AC 18, touch 14, flat-footed 14 (+4 Dex, +4 natural)
hp 52-14=38-13=25+3 (on it's round)=28-10=18+3=21
fast healing 3

As it lifts into the air, some of its wounds appear to heal and it lases out at Brindolfin.

target: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Sting: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29 Ow. Crit threat.

damage: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (6, 6) + 7 = 19

Sting: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15 No confirmation.

The Bug-critter


Half-Orc, hp 55/61, DR 2/-, AC 18, (T12/FF16), Init +4, Perc +6. F+5/R+2/W+3
Tracking:
Rage: 10/10, 1st: 5/5

Attack: 1d20 + 10 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 10 - 1 = 14 miss again

Tracking:

rage 1/8
spells 4/5


The big half-giant is sliced deeply by the critter, but manages to stay on his feet. He salutes the creature with his energy sword and attacks.
hit/damage: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 2 = 193d6 + 9 ⇒ (5, 5, 6) + 9 = 25

This time the giant's hit is quite effective and damaging.

At least I am giving as good as I'm getting.


DM Ninja/infinite

Brindolfin, though seriouly injured, strikes back firmly, and the creature drops, twitching. As it does, the wound Bindolfin struck knits up slightly, as life refuses to leave the thing.

Heal_DC_16:
It's at -1. If it gets another round it will heal.

Spoiler:

AC 18, touch 14, flat-footed 14 (+4 Dex, +4 natural)
hp 52-14=38-13=25+3(fast heal)=28-10=18+3(fast heal)=21-25=-4+3(fast heal)=-1
fast healing 3


HP: 24/24 - AC:15|15|11 - CMD:18 - F:+3|R:+6|W:+4 - Per:+7 Init:+3 - Spells: 1st 6/6

Straehan steps back 5' if needed and then sends an arc of fire into the mansquito.

BOOM:
Burning Hands
RANGE: 15' cone
EFFECT: 3d4 ⇒ (4, 3, 1) = 8 DAM - Pyro (as +1 Lv)
SAVE: DC:14 Reflex Save for 1/2 DAM

Status:
HP: 22 / 24 | AC:22
Flare (1):
Prestidigitation (1):
Dancing Lights (1):
Elemental Ray (6): xxxx
Elemental Fist (1): x
Produce Flame (1): x
1st Spells (5): xxxx
Spell Effects: None


{HP 16/36 | AC13 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/6/4 | Inish +5, Per +9}Female Elf Ranger (Urban Ranger) 3 / Wizard (Foreteller) 3

Round 2

Sparrow readies another arrow, trying to come up with what this creature actually is and how to stop it.

Ready an attack in case it tries to move again.

Knowledge (Dungeoneering): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Ready Attack:

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
1d8 ⇒ 6


HP: 54/64 Saves: +6,+6,+6, Cleric(theologian) + Brawler 4

Alkaid does a flurry of Kicks at the Bug to finish it off.

Attack1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Attack2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Damage1: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Damage2: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


DM Ninja/infinite

You manage to destroy the creature, doing more coupe de grace damage than it's fast healing can match.

Dungeoneering_DC_15:
The creature was a Blightspawn of Ghlaundar: found most often in places where the Gossamer King’s cult is strong, these creatures gestate in the body of one of the parasite god’s true believers. To the faithful of Ghlaunder, being host to an immature blightspawn is a great honor, for when the monster bursts from the body of its host, the host’s consciousness lives on in some way in the blightspawn’s mind, almost as if the host had reincarnated into the monster. That cultists who die giving hideous birth to a blightspawn cannot be resurrected lends a bit of weight to this notion, even if the blightspawn themselves have nothing to say on the topic. A cultist carrying an immature blightspawn functions normally in all ways until the creature emerges (typically upon the cultist’s death, or at the culmination of certain vile rituals)—except that until then, the cultist can pass on new blightspawn to his or her children. A Blightspawn can gestate for decades and in cases in which a child is separated from infected parents, the child might live his/her entire life without knowing the truth of what awaits upon death.

With the Blightspawn's fall and the sun’s rise, a new day begins in Ravenmoor. A chorus of cawing ravens rings out over the village as hundreds of the birds descend on the feast’s remnants. The birds gorge themselves on the spoiling food, and not a single soul stirs within the village. Shops remain closed, rapped doors go unanswered, and the ferry does not cross the Lampblack this day. The blight has been banished with the death of the cult, and the villagers’ fate is once again their own. But many of them find it difficult to accept that their beloved mayor—that the Dream Tender—had anything but the town’s best interests at heart, though they will not stop any of you from taking anything you want and leaving the town. Ryu, conscious again, forms a pyre for the ruined body of the Mayor/Blightspawn and agrees to stay and help the town while you all return to Sandpoint to pass on the information.

Searching the cultists' base and the Mayor's home further with the keys you find in his abandoned clothing:

The cult base:
A gold necklace

Spoiler:
worth 120 gp

a masterwork light mace emblazoned with the symbol of Magnimar
DC 15 Knowledge_nobility_or_local:
this is the typical weapon assigned to tax collectors from Magnimar who have duties that may take them into dangerous or remote areas

a pearl of power (1st level spell)
a hand of glory.
Other jewelry seemingly taken from other victims
Spoiler:
worth about 500 gp

a quilt richly embroidered with scenes of sacrifice. The embroidered designs depict mosquitomasked cultists and stirges circling a central figure covered in black tumors caressing a bound prisoner. The embroidery depicts the victim smiling pleasantly as a ghostlike form leaves his body and accepts the embrace of the cancerous cult leader. Other scenes depict flourishing crops beneath the watchful gaze of the sacrificed victim’s spirit.

The Mayor's house:
An elaborately embroidered quilt depicting Iola Kriegler’s sojourn through the swamp and the introduction of the druidic advisors to the village. The quilt shows the three teaching villagers to cultivate some serrated-leaf plant and offering the fruits of their labor to a symbolic butterfly.
750 gp (the tax money?)
an old leather journal bearing the inscription “The Kriegler Book”

Linguistics_DC_20:
Written in several different hands, this book is a chronicle of the Kriegler family, starting with Iola herself. The book contains the full story of Ravenmoor’s fate.

a small leather pouch that containing three potions of cure light wounds and a silver signet ring.
Knowledge_local_or_nobility_DC_15:
The ring is a typical Magnimarian government clerk’s ring, traditionally used by tax collectors and clerks to seal minor government missives.


Brin sighs in exhaustion as the creature falls.
"Good job all. That was a horrid beast. Anyone have some healing magic? I am feeling a little woozy."


HP: 54/64 Saves: +6,+6,+6, Cleric(theologian) + Brawler 4

"Your not the only one."

Looking back a few posts, Brindolfin,
didn't roll a fort save for the poison.


FORT: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Reroll/trait: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24


{HP 16/36 | AC13 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/6/4 | Inish +5, Per +9}Female Elf Ranger (Urban Ranger) 3 / Wizard (Foreteller) 3

"A blightspawn of Ghaladur. Creepy thing. Did the mayor have any offspring?" While looking over treasure. "The mace and ring are badges of the tax collector. Probably want to give those as proof of what we found. Not sure what's up with the book. Well, nice job all!"

Taking 10 on the Local checks.
Linguistics: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

Loot spreadsheet updated.


DM Ninja/infinite

@Sparrow: No, the mayor had no offspring, and was an only child. The creature claiming to be his brother was a faceless stalker. Shel Lupescu explains that the Mayor was discovered to be sterile and so was trying to complete a ritual that would have allowed him to sire a child.

The trip back is much less eventful. One odd bit, though. When you pass Carum Half-Hand's house, it's deserted. Upon arrival in Galduria you learn the fates of the bandits you captured, including Cilyanka's brother. A few were hanged, but 3 of them and Cilyanka's brother turned state's evidence and were instead offered the chance to work out their crimes by serving time in the Black Arrows, a strong force of Rangers who guard the northern portion of Varisia.

You also learn that part of the information they provided was that Corum Half-Hand was the original leader of the group who had been driven out by Hedrun Tul. They note that Corum had been much more cautious, which is why Tul drove him out, turning the group more vicious. When the local guard went to arrest him he was gone.

You also find a note from Shalelu, saying she's discovered something odd going on and will not be able to accompany you back to Sandpoint, but that she hopes to meet you there soon.

Upon your arrival at Sandpoint, you find Jeminda Anikee, Sheriff Hemlock, and Jeminda's superior from Magnimar at the Garrison.


So I don't get to see Onee-sama....


DM Ninja/infinite

Jeminda introduces her superior, Wilthorn Magram.

"Miss Anikee has filled me in on the situation. While I'm not happy about the secrecy, she does seem to have been very efficient in her attempt to correct the situation. As such, I will honor her agreement. Would you all please fill me in on the situation?"

If any of you want to post your stories, go ahead.

He listens to all of you tales and then asks "Would all of you each write out your versions of the events, so that we can take appropriate action. It sounds like the first step should be to send clerics of Desna to correct their form of worship. I'd like at lest one of you to come with us back to Magnimar in order to testify and to go back to Ravenmoor with us. I'd also like to add to your reward, as you certainly resolved a very great threat to the area, not only with this cult but with that bandit group as well. I'm willing to include the tax money as part of your reward, as well."

He chuckles. "Magnimar seems to have done very well so far without it."

Straehan stands up. "I volunteer to go."


DM Ninja/infinite

The Swallowtail Festival begins promptly as scheduled, on the Autumnal Equinox. The Square before the church quickly fills with people, both locals and travelers. Merchants have set up tents featuring food, clothing, local crafts and souvenirs. Various games of chance and skill have also been set up here and throughout the town.

The Festival opens with the traditional speeches...and the turnout for the four keynote speakers is quite impressive.

Mayor Deverin's friendly attitude and excitement are quite contagious, welcoming visitors and locals alike and even managing a joke that she even sees Lars Rovaky (local tanner and workaholic) in the crowd.

Sheriff Hemlock is his usual dour self, reminding everyone to be save, especially around tonight's bonfire. He also calls for a moment of silence in memory of those who perished in the fire five years ago.

Cyrdak Drokkus, head of the Sandpoint Theater is up next, though the scheduled speaker was to be local nobleman Lonjiku Kaijitsu. Cyrdak notes that Lord Kaijitus has been taken suddenly ill, and he has been asked to replace him today. After several rousing anecdotes and a joke about how Lord Kaijitus is always ill during festivities, he delivers a not-completely-irrevernt recap of the long process the town went through to finance and construct the new cathedral. He also amnages to throw in a bit of self-promotion as he invites everyone to stop by the theater tomorow night fo the first performance of his new production "The Harpy's Curse", noting he's acquired the services of the noted Magnimarian star Allishandal.

Last, but not least, Father Zantus steps up to give the shortest speech of the morning, simply thanking everyone for coming and blessing the opening in Desna's name.


DM Ninja/infinite

Swallowtail Festival schedule:

Dawn: Opening speeches.

Morning: Fun and games.

Noon: Swallwotail release: Father Zantus and his acolytes wheel a large covered wagon into the square and,after recounting the parable of how Desna first fell to earth and was nursed back to health by a blind child, whom she transformed into an immortal butterfly as a reward for her aid, they pull back the cover, releasing the thousand children of Desna - a furious storm of swallowtail butterflies that swarm spiraling into the air in a riot of color and cheers from the crowd. Throughout the rest of the day the children of the town will chase and try to catch them.

Lunch: Each of Sandpoint's taverns has provided it's best dishes to entice the crowd. Once more, the most popular meal is Ameiko Kaijitsu's curry spiced salmon and early winterdrop mead, easily out drawing the Hagfish's lobster chowder and the White Deer's peppercorn venison.

Sundown: The final event is the consecration of the new cathedral.

That is, of course, if everything goes as planned. Heheheh


DM Ninja/infinite

During your conversation with the tax people

Int:
Alkaid Int: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (14) + 0 = 14
Brindolfin Int: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Cilyanka Int: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Kaddoc Int: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17
Sparrow Int: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Int_check_DC_15:
The tax collector had a son who is now orphaned.


DM Ninja/infinite

OK, moving on...

As the sun begins to set, Father Zanthus takes the central podium, using a thunderstone to attract everyone's attention and clears his throat as he prepares to recite the prayer of First Dreaming.

However...as the sharp crack of the thunderstone fades a stray dog sleeping under a nearby wagon wakens and begins to bark as the buzz of dozens of conversations quickly hush. All heads are turned toward the podium and Father Zanthus, but before he can begin a woman's scream slices through the air. Other screams follow, quickly drowned out by another sound...a sudden surge of high-pitched, tittering, not quite human shrieks.

As the crowd mills in confusion, something, or somethings, low to the ground race by, giggling with disturbing glee as the stray mutt yelps in pain, then collapses, it's throat sliced ear-to-ear. As it's blood pools on the ground the shrieks and giggles take on a more coherent, more disturbing form.

Goblins chew and goblins bite,
Goblins cut and goblins fight.
Stab the dog and cut the horse,
Goblins eat and take by force!

Goblins race and goblins jump,
Goblins slash and goblins bump.
Burn the skin and mash the head,
Goblins here and you be dead!

Chase the baby, catch the pup,
Bonk the head to shut it up.
Bones be cracked and flesh be stewed,
We be Goblins! You be food!

Perception_DC_12:
The creature that killed the dog is now hiding at the wagons edge...a single goblin is licking the blood form it's dog-sticker as it searches the crowd for a new target. There are multiple other goblins rushing around, slashing the crowd while a few others seem to be leading the chant.

Int_DC15:
The ones chanting seem to be bards, inspiring their warriors.


{HP 16/36 | AC13 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/6/4 | Inish +5, Per +9}Female Elf Ranger (Urban Ranger) 3 / Wizard (Foreteller) 3

Already slightly inebriated by the earlier festivities, Sparrow's mind quickly turns to immediate concerns at the woman's yell. Turning to find the source of the commotion, she spies a creature by a wagon."Damnit, goblins!" Pulling out her bow, she summons an invisible field of force around her for protection, preparing to start shooting at the creature.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Intelligence: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Not sure if you want actions or not.


DM Ninja/infinite

Alkaid Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Brindolfin Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Cilyanka Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Kaddoc Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Sparrow Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
goblins Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Go for it.

Alkaid=1, Brindolfin=2, Cilyanka=3, Kaddoc=4, Sparrow=5, random townie=6

Gob #1: victim: 1d6 ⇒ 4
attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Gob #2: victim: 1d6 ⇒ 1
attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Gob #3: victim: 1d6 ⇒ 6
attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


HP 41/19 | AC:26/17/18 CMD:24 | F:7 R:4 W:8 | I: +4 P: +8

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Intelligence: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Round 1

Startled by the goblins attack, Cilyanka swears under her breath before rushing to intercept one of the goblins standing over a fallen townsperson. As she moves, she traces black runes in the air and her sword begins to swirl with wisps of shadow.

#@$$! goblins, just what we need for Swallowtail

I move to intercept the goblin before he can attack the fallen girl. Standard action to cast mage armor, swift action to enchant my rhoka.

Status:

HP: 29
Temp: 13
AC: 22/18/14
Arcane: 3/4

Effects: mage armor, +1 enhancement


Half-Orc, hp 55/61, DR 2/-, AC 18, (T12/FF16), Init +4, Perc +6. F+5/R+2/W+3
Tracking:
Rage: 10/10, 1st: 5/5

"Goblins!!

Rage powers activate! 7/8 remaining

Kaddoc charges the nearest goblin:

CHARGE!!!: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 10 + 2 = 29
Skewer: 2d4 + 9 ⇒ (2, 1) + 9 = 12

AOO agains Gobo attacking: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30 threatening
Confirmation?: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18 confirm?

Nocrit: 2d4 + 9 ⇒ (1, 3) + 9 = 13

Crit(x3): 6d4 + 27 ⇒ (1, 3, 1, 2, 1, 4) + 27 = 39


DM Ninja/infinite

Hm...goblin pate.

Kaddoc guts the goblin (goblin 1) attacking him before the poor critter realizes his error, then proceeds to gut goblin 2 as it attempts to gut Alkaid.


HP: 54/64 Saves: +6,+6,+6, Cleric(theologian) + Brawler 4

"Thanks, Kaddoc."


Brin stands surprised at the goblin outburst. He cannot believe the goblins can be attacking such a large group. Especially with the company he is with.
The poor goblins have no chance against us.


DM Ninja/infinite

Round 1:
Sparrow:
Kadddoc: 2 down
Goblins:
Cilyanka: buffs, guards townie
Brindolfin:
Alkaid:


HP: 54/64 Saves: +6,+6,+6, Cleric(theologian) + Brawler 4

she does a flurry of kicks at the short menaces
Atk1: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 4 - 2 = 22
damage1: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Atk2: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 - 2 = 7
damage2: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Alkaid kicks the goblin so hard it falls over dodging the next kick.


DM Ninja/infinite

And Alkaid kicks the thrd goblin into unconsiousness.


DM Ninja/infinite

As the third goblin drops, Father Zanthus ans his acolytes rush outh to heal the injured and move the townsfolk to safety.

the who town is a mass of chaotic incidents, with townsfolk running to and fro, some panicing, some fighting while the goblins are even mor chaotic. The run arondd slashing and shrieking, grabbing food off the booths, scrambling up walls to leap onto other things, including townsfolk, but just as often injring themsevles instead.

Looking around and following the sounds of the chanting, you see a group of goblins, led by one of the chanting ones surrounding the heavily laden wagon bearing the fuel for tonight's bonfire. The horses pulling it are neighing in fear as goblins taunt them under the command of a slightly better armed one, who seems to be directing them to toss flaming brands into the wagon, in order to send the paniced horses on a path of destruction through the town.

There are 8 goblins there, three taunting the horses, three dancing around with torches, one leader, and one of the chanters.


DM Ninja/infinite

Init:
Alkaid Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Brindolfin Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Cilyanka Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Kaddoc Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Sparrow Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
goblin warriors (6) Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
goblin comando Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
goblin warchanter Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Round 1:
Sparrow
Kaddoc
Cilyanka
goblin commando
Alkaid
goblin warchanter
goblin warriors
Brindolfin

Get 'em!


{HP 16/36 | AC13 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/6/4 | Inish +5, Per +9}Female Elf Ranger (Urban Ranger) 3 / Wizard (Foreteller) 3

Round 1

Prescience: 1d20 ⇒ 14

"Damnit, putting out a fire's too much work! Might burn down the Rusty Dragon too!" Sparrow fires at one of the brand wielding goblins, moving behind a wagon for cover after.

Standard to fire, move to move. I'll use my Prescience roll for my attack.

Attack: 14 + 6 = 20
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 5


Half-Orc, hp 55/61, DR 2/-, AC 18, (T12/FF16), Init +4, Perc +6. F+5/R+2/W+3
Tracking:
Rage: 10/10, 1st: 5/5

Tracking: Rage 6/8

Charge the warchanter:

1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 10 + 2 = 15

Damage: 2d4 + 9 ⇒ (3, 1) + 9 = 13


HP 41/19 | AC:26/17/18 CMD:24 | F:7 R:4 W:8 | I: +4 P: +8

Taking in the scene, Cilyanka charges the goblin leader.

Charge the leader, arcane strike, two-handed

attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
damage: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Run away you little creep, and take your friends with you


DM Ninja/infinite

Round 1 recap:
Alkaid:
Brindolfin:
Cilyanka: Just missed
Kaddoc: missed
Sparrow: hit a torch goblin, it's still up but very wobbly


HP: 54/64 Saves: +6,+6,+6, Cleric(theologian) + Brawler 4

she charges kicks at the short menace
Atk1: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 4 + 2 = 21
damage1: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

I think I snapped it's neck


The big giant rushes the goblin leader. Attacking after a full charge with an accurate two handed swing of his psychic sword.

Brin's faith in Kaddock's ability is unshakeable, as he considers the warchanter's death inevitable the moment the barbarian rushed towards him. The wide swing of the half-orc in his mind just delays the inevitable.

"Stop this evil now!"

Hit/damage: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 7 + 2 = 223d6 + 9 ⇒ (4, 1, 3) + 9 = 17

-2 to AC from charge
Ministats
hp=33/33
CMB: +9 CMD: 19
Senses PER +9 Sense Motive +4
Armor Class: 23-2 Touch: 10-2 Flat-Footed: 23-2
Fortitude: +4 Reflex: +3 Will: +6

1,351 to 1,400 of 2,357 << first < prev | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The_Ninja_DM's RotRL Anniversary Special All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.