Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RotRL Gestalt Anniversary Special

Game Master Spiral_Ninja

A gestalt AE Rise of the Runelords.Thistletop L1; Thistletop level 2, Thistletop level 3


1,251 to 1,300 of 2,248 << first < prev | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | next > last >>

DM Ninja/infinite

The floor in room 4 has collapsed, droping everything in the room down onto rocks below. The chest falls and breaks and you see glints of something, or somethings, metallic.


Bring leads the way to the other room (5).
Armor Class: 27 Touch: 10 Flat-Footed: 27
Fortitude: +4 Reflex: +3 Will: +6
Current Psionic PPs = 4/9; Psionic focus: Unexpended
Vigor duration 8/12 rounds, Force shield duration 11/12 rounds.


{HP 16/36 | AC13 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/6/4 | Inish +5, Per +9}Female Elf Ranger (Urban Ranger) 3 / Wizard (Foreteller) 3

Sparrow once again covers the rear, watching the other doorways just in case something was missed.


DM Ninja/infinite

To the south, this long room is empty save for a large mound of compost covered with tiny black mushrooms heaped nearly to the ceiling in the southeast corner of the room, while to the north, an old kitchen seems to have been repurposed into some sort of indoor garden. A workbench cluttered with pottery stills and glass alembics stands below small alcoves filled with vials and beakers. Dozens of clay vessels rest haphazardly on wooden boxes, each sprouting neatly-pruned shrubs or large, exotic mushrooms. They appear surprisingly well-tended, given the state of the rest of the building, though the roots of several have burst through their pots.

As the light from your torches illumiates the room, the mushroom-covered mound of compost starts to shift as it's surface oozes forward toward the group!

Alkaid Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Brindolfin Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Cilyanka Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Kaddoc Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Sparrow Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Straehan Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
monster of the day Initiative: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17

victim: 1d6 ⇒ 1 It's going for Alkaid.

slam: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

If hit, Fort save, DC 16 please.

Those who can act in the surprise round, go then on to

Round 1:
cilyanka
Sparrow
Alkaid
monster
Straehan
Kaddoc
Brindolfin


HP: 31/31 Saves: +6,+6,+6, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 4

it misses.

"What is that?"


{HP 16/36 | AC13 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/6/4 | Inish +5, Per +9}Female Elf Ranger (Urban Ranger) 3 / Wizard (Foreteller) 3

Surprise Round

Sparrow unleashes an arrow at the creature.

Twang!: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Thunk!: 1d8 ⇒ 5

Round 1

Sparrow continues to rain arrows upon the creature. "I just hope it's weak too arrows."

Twang!: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Thunk!: 1d8 ⇒ 2

Knowledge (Whichever appropriate): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15


HP 41/19 | AC:26/17/18 CMD:24 | F:7 R:4 W:8 | I: +4 P: +8

What the heck is that thing?

Cilyanka rushes up beside Alkaid, singing her sword in both hands.

arcane strike

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9


DM Ninja/infinite

You are hitting it and seem to be affecting it.

Spoiler:
AC 8, touch 8, flat-footed 8 (–1 Dex, –1 size); Fungal rot: Slam—contact; save Fortitude DC 16; onset 1 day; frequency 1/day; effect 1d2 Str damage and 1 Con damage and fatigue; cure 1 save; Melee slam +4 (1d6+4 plus disease), Space 10 ft.; Reach 10 ft, Special Attacks engulf (DC 14, 1d6+4 bludgeoning plus disease)HP 28-5=23-2=21-9=12

KN_Dungeoneering_DC_12:
It's a slime mold, a form of ooze.

An ooze is an amorphous or mutable creature, usually mindless.

An ooze has the following features.
•d8 Hit Die.
•Base attack bonus equal to 3/4 total Hit Dice (medium progression).
•No good saving throws.
•Skill points equal to 2 + Int modifier (minimum 1) per Hit Die. However, most oozes are mindless and gain no skill points or feats. Oozes do not have any class skills.

Traits: An ooze possesses the following traits (unless otherwise noted in a creature's entry).
•Mindless: No Intelligence score, and immunity to all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects). An ooze with an Intelligence score loses this trait.
•Blind (but have the blindsight special quality), with immunity to gaze attacks, visual effects, illusions, and other attack forms that rely on sight.
•Immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, polymorph, and stunning.
•Some oozes have the ability to deal acid damage to objects.
•Not subject to critical hits or flanking. Does not take additional damage from precision-based attacks, such as sneak attack.
•Proficient with its natural weapons only.
•Proficient with no armor.
•Oozes eat and breathe, but do not sleep.


HP: 31/31 Saves: +6,+6,+6, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 4

her face shows she's a little freak out on the ooze


AC:16|16|14 - F:+4|R:+6|W:+5 - Per:+9 Init:+3

Straehan watches the horrific creature to see what it does. He tries to keep an avenue open to hit it with a flame spell - from a good distance - if possible.

"Yeesh! Don't get too close to that... thing."


DM Ninja/infinite

Spoiler:

AC 8, touch 8, flat-footed 8 (–1 Dex, –1 size)

Fungal rot: Slam—contact; save Fortitude DC 16; onset 1 day; frequency 1/day; effect 1d2 Str damage and 1 Con damage and fatigue; cure 1 save

Melee slam +4 (1d6+4 plus disease)

Space 10 ft.; Reach 10 ft

Special Attacks engulf (DC 14, 1d6+4 bludgeoning plus disease)

HP 28-5=23-2=21-9=12

Round_1_victim: 1d6 ⇒ 4 It shifts it's attack to Kaddoc.

slam: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


If the creature is still up, Brin will close with abandon possibly provoking an attack AC 27.
hit/damage: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 243d6 + 9 ⇒ (2, 2, 4) + 9 = 17


DM Ninja/infinite

AoO: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Brin, it tried...


AC:16|16|14 - F:+4|R:+6|W:+5 - Per:+9 Init:+3

The sorcerer approaches only as close as needed. He weaves a spell, sending a fan of flames at the strange creature.

Boom:
Burning Hands
RANGE: 15' cone
EFFECT: 3d4 ⇒ (4, 1, 2) = 7 DAM - Pyro (as +1 Lv)
SAVE: DC:14 Reflex Save for 1/2 DAM

Status:
HP: 22 / 24 | AC:22
Flare (1):
Prestidigitation (1):
Dancing Lights (1):
Elemental Ray (6): xxx
Elemental Fist (1):
Produce Flame (1): x
1st Spells (5): xx
Spell Effects: None


Half-Orc, hp 55/61, DR 2/-, AC 18, (T12/FF16), Init +4, Perc +6. F+5/R+2/W+3
Tracking:
Rage: 10/10, 1st: 5/5

17 is a miss

Kaddoc attacks:

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Damage: 2d4 + 6 ⇒ (4, 2) + 6 = 12


HP: 31/31 Saves: +6,+6,+6, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 4

Who's turn?


HP 41/19 | AC:26/17/18 CMD:24 | F:7 R:4 W:8 | I: +4 P: +8

I thought I had already posted

Round 2

Circling the animated fungus, Cilyanka continues to slash in the beasts general direction with her sword in both hands.

arcane strike

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


DM Ninja/infinite

The thing falls quickly, leaving behind nothing but mushrooms and a compost heap.

The table holds a masterwork alchemey kit.

Perception_15:
You can recover 8 doses of blue whinnis poison, 5 vials of alchemist’s fire, 2 potions of shield of faith +2, 2 potions of neutralize poison, and a potion of cure moderate wounds.

DM_Stuff:

Alkaid Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Brindolfin Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Cilyanka Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Kaddoc Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Sparrow Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Straehan Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

As you check the room and prepare to move on, Alkaid, Brin and Straehan notice something odd and can act in the surprise round.

Initiatives:
Alkaid Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Brindolfin Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Cilyanka Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Kaddoc Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Sparrow Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Straehan Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
new monster Initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Init order:
Sparrow
Kaddoc
monster
Alkaid
Straehan
Cil
Brin

Victim: 1d6 ⇒ 1 Not your night, Alkaid.

A giant, bloated spider-thing appears, hanging from a web-line over Alkaid and attacks!

bite: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1 plus poison, Fort save DC 14.


HP: 31/31 Saves: +6,+6,+6, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 4

Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

"What is it we me tonight attracting all the creepy creatures."

she does two rapid punches at the spider
attack1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Damage1: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
attack2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Damage2: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


DM Ninja/infinite

Monster_stats:

AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 17 (+4 armor, +3 Dex, +3 natural)
hp 37

Both punches miss, though the creature just managed to dodge the first.


HP 41/19 | AC:26/17/18 CMD:24 | F:7 R:4 W:8 | I: +4 P: +8

Alkaid, I've seen some of the guys hitting on you in the bar. You should be used to attracting creepy.


AC:16|16|14 - F:+4|R:+6|W:+5 - Per:+9 Init:+3

Spiral, are you allowing Full Round actions in the Surprise round?

The Gnome calls out a warning as he unleashes a jet of fire at the creature. "Eyes up!"

BOOM:
Burning Hands
RANGE: 15' cone
EFFECT: 3d4 ⇒ (4, 1, 3) = 8 DAM - Pyro (as +1 Lv)
SAVE: DC:14 Reflex Save for 1/2 DAM

Status:
HP: 22 / 24 | AC:22
Flare (1):
Prestidigitation (1):
Dancing Lights (1):
Elemental Ray (6): xxx
Elemental Fist (1):
Produce Flame (1): x
1st Spells (5): xxx
Spell Effects: Mage Armor


HP: 31/31 Saves: +6,+6,+6, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 4

"Most of the guys that hit on me in the bar are at least reasonably attractive."


DM Ninja/infinite

@Straehan: yes.

@Alkaid & Cilyanka: at least the creeps in the bars are male....

Spider-thing: reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24


The giant rushes in to help, swinging ineffectually with his massive force sword.

Attack/Damage: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 103d6 + 9 ⇒ (1, 4, 6) + 9 = 20


Half-Orc, hp 55/61, DR 2/-, AC 18, (T12/FF16), Init +4, Perc +6. F+5/R+2/W+3
Tracking:
Rage: 10/10, 1st: 5/5

Kaddoc comes in swinging,

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Damage: 2d4 + 6 ⇒ (1, 4) + 6 = 11

Plunging his weapon into the beast's gooey insides.


HP: 31/31 Saves: +6,+6,+6, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 4

Did everyone go?


{HP 16/36 | AC13 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/6/4 | Inish +5, Per +9}Female Elf Ranger (Urban Ranger) 3 / Wizard (Foreteller) 3

Surprise Round

Don't forget that I go on surprise rounds too, even on a failed perception roll.

Breathing a sigh of relief at the compost heep that falls, a sudden urge causes Sparrow to see the spider descend on Alkaid.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2


HP 41/19 | AC:26/17/18 CMD:24 | F:7 R:4 W:8 | I: +4 P: +8

Seeing the spider attack Alkaid, Cilanka grimaces and once more gathers shadows around her sword before lashing out at it.

swift action to activate arcane pool, two-handed attack on spider

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Status:

HP: 19/22
Temp: 6/6
Arcane Pool: 1/4
AC: 22/13/18

effects: mage armor, arcae pool(+1 rhoka)


DM Ninja/infinite

Surprise Round/Round 1 actions:
Cilyanka: misses
Sparrow: surprise-hits;
Alkaid surprise; misses
monster: casts
Straehan: surprise-casts
Kaddoc: r1 hits
Brindolfin R1: Surprise -misses

Monster_stats:
AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 17 (+4 armor, +3 Dex, +3 natural)
hp 37-2=35-11=24

The spider-thing gestures with it's many legs and 1d4 ⇒ 3 more appear in the same square.

Need Alkaid, Brin and Sparrow's Round 1s, then on to Round 2.


HP: 31/31 Saves: +6,+6,+6, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 4

Round 1

Did it grow more legs, or spawn more spider things?

"When this night is done, I'm so taking a hot bath."

she does punch and kick combo at the spider
attack1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Damage1: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
----------------------------
attack2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Damage2: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Round 2

she does a High Kick and heel drop kick at the spider
attack1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Damage1: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
----------------------------
attack2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 Crit
Damage2: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
----------------------------
Crit:Atk2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Crit:Dam: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Half-Orc, hp 55/61, DR 2/-, AC 18, (T12/FF16), Init +4, Perc +6. F+5/R+2/W+3
Tracking:
Rage: 10/10, 1st: 5/5

Round 2: Init 15

"What is this thing?"

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15 miss


DM Ninja/infinite

KN:Arcana_14:
It's an aranea, a spell-casting magical beast. It probably cast mirror image

Monster_stats:

AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 17 (+4 armor, +3 Dex, +3 natural)
hp 37-2=35-11=24-9=15-6=9-6=3-9=-3

Whatever it was, Alkaid's flurry of kicks brings it down, though it still seems to be breathing. As it drops, the three duplicates just hang there, doing nothing.


{HP 16/36 | AC13 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/6/4 | Inish +5, Per +9}Female Elf Ranger (Urban Ranger) 3 / Wizard (Foreteller) 3

Round 1

Sparrow pulls her bow to fire another arrow, then stops, instead choosing to cast a divination. "The creature's an Aranea. A spellcaster of sorts in it's own right. I've read about 'em when I was younger. Those up there are images to befuddle us, I think. Checking now." As her spell goes off, she examines the area above for magical auras.

Cast Detect Magic, search the area for magical auras.

Knowledge (Arcana): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22


DM Ninja/infinite

@Sparrow: Yep, mirror images. They can't do anything but hang there.

Aside from the potions, there is nothing magical in this area.

Checking the next room (6) you see a windowless room lit by a single brass lantern hanging from a rusty nail on the northern wall. Dozens, perhaps hundreds of moths crawl throughout the ceiling’s rotting rafters and on the moldering curtains of boarded windows. Your lights them, causing their movements to cast eerie, wiggling shadows on every surface. Old floorboards have been ripped up in the room’s corner, allowing a flight of earthen steps to lead down into the ground

You also see the body of a dead pig, swathed in webbing, apparently the creature's most recent meal.


HP: 31/31 Saves: +6,+6,+6, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 4

"Should we ask it a few questions, since it's still breathing?"


"I have powers of limited duration, so I will head down."

Brin quickly goes down the stairs as he looks around.
PER: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Vigor duration 6/12 rounds, Force shield duration 9/12 rounds


DM Ninja/infinite

@Brin: The walls of this low-ceilinged basement are decorated by curtains made out of a mix of thick sheets of webs adorned with countless dead insects. Most of these are flies and mosquitoes, some quite large. At the far end of the room sits a low wooden table on which a hideous shape crouches—a human-sized statue of an insectile monster made from corn husks, dry branches, rags, and bones. The floor of the room is an uneven layer of moist soil and earth, and three shovels, their blades caked with earth, lean against the side of the stairs.

For those still upstairs: The front room has a rickety ladder leading up.

@Alkaid: the creaure is in negatives, you can secure it and heal it if you wish to ask it questions.


{HP 16/36 | AC13 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/6/4 | Inish +5, Per +9}Female Elf Ranger (Urban Ranger) 3 / Wizard (Foreteller) 3

"Agreed with Brin, heading down would probably be best. Especially if people's lives are in danger." Sparrow follows the half-giant down, bow ready.


HP: 31/31 Saves: +6,+6,+6, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 4

"Does anyone what to help me with asking the Aranea a few questions, since I don't know what it can do to escape."


Half-Orc, hp 55/61, DR 2/-, AC 18, (T12/FF16), Init +4, Perc +6. F+5/R+2/W+3
Tracking:
Rage: 10/10, 1st: 5/5

Kaddoc will go down as well.


HP 41/19 | AC:26/17/18 CMD:24 | F:7 R:4 W:8 | I: +4 P: +8

You can question is after we stop the sacrifice.

Cilyanka follows Brin, Sparrow and Kaddoc down the staircase.


DM Ninja/infinite

You're all in the basement, except for Alkaid who is guarding the prisoner. You see just what was described. A room empty except for an altar, some used shovels, and a slightly disturbrd floor.


per: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Quick search and back up if nothing found.


DM Ninja/infinite

Brin, something is buried here.

Grabbing one of the shovels and digging a bit turns up a partially decayed body topped with red hair.


DM Ninja/infinite

Closer inspection of the statue and the room reveals not only that parts of the disturbing statue have been splashed with blood, but that a number of strange objects lie under the table: a dozen cult robes and mosquito masks.

Further examnation of the disturbed area of the floor reveals more bodies, many nothing more than skeletons now, with a few much fresher. The freshest,the red haired one, is still wearing a suit of ruined, blood-stained nobleman’s clothes.

KN: Religion 20 to identify the statue. (Or common sense to draw a likely conclusion.)

Alkaid: the still badly wounded creature starts to change, shifting into a human form, that of an elderly human woman...Alizna the town weaver.


"One missing tax collector found."

Onward.


HP: 31/31 Saves: +6,+6,+6, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 4

should it not shift to it's base form of a spider?


DM Ninja/infinite

@Alkaid: the old woman looks at you and comments ['b]"Pity, this is such a good feeding ground."[/b] She smiles, unplesantly. "But then, you still have to face the rest." She chuckles evilly "I'd say 'good luck, you'll need it', but...I'd prefer you fail."

It was in it's base form. It has that, it's humaoid form and a hybrid form.


HP: 31/31 Saves: +6,+6,+6, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 4

Is she still dying?

1,251 to 1,300 of 2,248 << first < prev | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The_Ninja_DM's RotRL Anniversary Special All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.