Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

RotRL Gestalt Anniversary Special

Game Master Spiral_Ninja

A gestalt AE Rise of the Runelords.Thistletop L1; Thistletop level 2, Thistletop level 3


1,201 to 1,250 of 2,177 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>

HP: 31/31 Saves: +5,+5,+5, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 2

"I believe I can use that..."


DM Ninja/infinite

The field the festival was held in is empty.

Perception checks, everyone.

Perception_DC15:
You spot a few furtive shapes heading toward the old farmhouse to the east [k on the Ravenmoor map]


AC:16|16|14 - F:+4|R:+6|W:+5 - Per:+9 Init:+3

"Appear to be some folks trying to sneak into that old farmhouse."
(East, Map: K)

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26


{HP 16/36 | AC13 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/6/4 | Inish +3, Per +9}Female Elf Ranger (Urban Ranger) 3 / Wizard (Foreteller) 3
Alkaid wrote:
"I believe I can use that..."

Sparrow tosses Alkaid the wand, "All right, hope you don't need it!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Good eyes, even I didn't see 'em. Ambush?"

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11


As soon as they are outside the farmhouse:
"I have the front. Let them try to get me first. I could use a little healing, but it is not important."
Brin concentrates hard, and he seem to have enhanced his ability to withstand damage.
Brin activates Vigor=20 temporary hit points (12 rounds left). 1/5PPs left
"Let's go, I am ready for action. Buff 'em if you got 'em!"
The large giant rushes into action.


AC:16|16|14 - F:+4|R:+6|W:+5 - Per:+9 Init:+3
Sparrow Seacutter wrote:

"Good eyes, even I didn't see 'em. Ambush?"

[dice=Perception]1d20+7

Strae strokes his beard speculatively. "Perhaps. Or maybe they are just slinking to the party. Either way - best to be careful." The gnome casts a quick spell on himself with a few gestures.

Cast Mage Armor.


HP 36/19 | AC:22/16/16 CMD:21 | F:4 R:3 W:5 | I: +4 P: +7

I'll go with you Brin, they're using poisoned weapons. Nobody should be without backup, no matter how big they are.

Weaving a series of black runes through the air, Cilyanka smiles I need to be there, we can't let that girl die. We also can't kill everyone else to save her. These people are as much victims as she is.

So saying, Cilyanka will accompany Brindolfin to the front of the barn, blade one more shrouded in shadow.

I cast shield and mage armor should still be up. Swift action to enchant my rhoka.

Status:

HP: 19/22
Temp: 6/6
Arcane Pool: 2/4
AC: 25/13/22

Effects: mage armor, +1 bonuse to rhoka, shield


HP: 31/31 Saves: +5,+5,+5, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 2

"Let's take out the ram from this herd of sheep."


{HP 16/36 | AC13 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/6/4 | Inish +3, Per +9}Female Elf Ranger (Urban Ranger) 3 / Wizard (Foreteller) 3

Cast Mage Armor


Half-Orc, hp 43/49, DR 1/-, AC 18, (T12/FF16), Init +4, Perc +6. F+5/R+2/W+3
Tracking:
Rage: 10/10, 1st: 5/5

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

"Let's do this. Do we want to kick down the door, or flush them out?"


"My mental trick of surviving massive damage only lasts so long, I am going in. Kaddoc, help me rip this door down."

The half giant heads for the front door.
Move and open or bash the door down. Vigor 11 rounds remaining.


HP: 31/31 Saves: +5,+5,+5, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 2

Alkaid casts detect magic, and checks for magic inside.


DM Ninja/infinite

As you approach the old farmhouse you see a flickering light through the shutters of the room marked 4. You also see a scarecrow made in Desna's image at the spot marked 1. As you approach it's gourd head turns toward you, it's carved eyes glow and it attacks!

target: 1d6 ⇒ 5 Sparrow.

slam: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Save vs fear if hit. DC 14.


Female Human Retired Military

GM unavailable notes:

Scarecrow: AC 16, touch 10, flat-footed 16.

Slam x 2 +8, 1d8+3+fear.

initiative: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (7) + 0 = 7

Go for it!


DM Ninja/infinite

OK, you'll need the HP - hp 47.

Level up once you take it out.


HP 36/19 | AC:22/16/16 CMD:21 | F:4 R:3 W:5 | I: +4 P: +7

Yay, I get to play with numbers all weekend.

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Seeing the scarecrow attack Sparrow, Cilyanka surges forward, striking at the scarecrow with a two-handed swing.

charge the scarecrow, arcane strike,

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


The giant charges narrowly missing.
hit-damage: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 153d6 + 9 ⇒ (3, 2, 3) + 9 = 17


Half-Orc, hp 43/49, DR 1/-, AC 18, (T12/FF16), Init +4, Perc +6. F+5/R+2/W+3
Tracking:
Rage: 10/10, 1st: 5/5

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Depending on initiative order, Kaddoc charges/moves and flanks to attack the horror

Attack: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 7 + 2 = 21

Damage: 2d4 + 6 ⇒ (3, 3) + 6 = 12,

landing a solid blow.


HP: 31/31 Saves: +5,+5,+5, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 2

she charges and uses her temple swords
attack: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 2 = 14
attack: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


{HP 16/36 | AC13 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/6/4 | Inish +3, Per +9}Female Elf Ranger (Urban Ranger) 3 / Wizard (Foreteller) 3

Round 1

Stats:

HP 16/22
Effects
Mage Armor

A sudden strike from the scarecrow makes Sparrow look up, only to suddenly feel a chill run through her. "GWAH!" And with that, Sparrow drops her bow and backs away from the creature.

Will Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

So I just found one downside to having my bow be my bonded object. Not good.


Half-Orc, hp 43/49, DR 1/-, AC 18, (T12/FF16), Init +4, Perc +6. F+5/R+2/W+3
Tracking:
Rage: 10/10, 1st: 5/5

Shouldn't Sparrow get to act in the surprise round? I thought that was the key point of being a foreteller?


AC:16|16|14 - F:+4|R:+6|W:+5 - Per:+9 Init:+3

Straehan slides around to one side of the scarecrow, hoping to provide or catch a flank. He delivers a flaming punch to the creature's straw stuffing.

"How about a little fire, Scarecrow!" he cackles.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. :)

~ Round 1 ~
MOVE: Flank the Scarecrow
SWIFT: Sorcerous Strike
STAND: Punch

Initiative 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

BOOM:
Hand (crit: 20/2x)
MODS: Sorcerous Strike, Flank
HIT #1: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 2 = 22
DAM: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Sorc Strike DAM: +1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 (Fire)

Status:
HP: 16 / 18 | AC:22
Flare (1):
Prestidigitation (1):
Dancing Lights (1):
Elemental Ray (6): xxx
Elemental Fist (1):
Produce Flame (1): x
1st Spells (4): x
Spell Effects: None


{HP 16/36 | AC13 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/6/4 | Inish +3, Per +9}Female Elf Ranger (Urban Ranger) 3 / Wizard (Foreteller) 3
Kaddoc the Grey wrote:
Shouldn't Sparrow get to act in the surprise round? I thought that was the key point of being a foreteller?

Doh! Yea it is. That and the inish bonus. I forgot myself. Have to see what Spiral says when she has a chance. Though I did fail my fear save.

Inish: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


DM Ninja/infinite

Yes, Sparrow can act in the surprise round.


{HP 16/36 | AC13 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/6/4 | Inish +3, Per +9}Female Elf Ranger (Urban Ranger) 3 / Wizard (Foreteller) 3

With my inish roll, it probably went first anyway, so I'm still a running. How long does the fear last, if I may ask? Otherwise guys, I'd assume I'm not their for abit.


DM Ninja/infinite

Sparrow you have the better dex so you do go first.

The fear lasts until you make the save (try again each round) or the thing is destroyed.

For now you are cowering and can only save vs its fear effect.


Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
When ready for the next round.

Round 2
Brin steps to flank with a friend.
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 223d6 + 9 ⇒ (2, 1, 5) + 9 = 17


{HP 16/36 | AC13 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/6/4 | Inish +3, Per +9}Female Elf Ranger (Urban Ranger) 3 / Wizard (Foreteller) 3

Since it seems Spiral wants us to fight it out while unavailable, here's some rolls. If I'm overstepping any bounds, please feel free to virtually punch me.

Round 0

Sparrow attacks and hits the scarecrow, which suddenly begins to move.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Recovers from the fear.

Will save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Surprise Round
Sparrow (Attack, hit for 7)
Scarecrow (Attack Sparrow, hit)

Round 1
Alkaid (Attack, miss)
14 Straehan (Attack, hit for 5)
10 Cilyanka (Attack, hit for 11)
10 Kaddoc (Attack, hit for 12)
7+ Sparrow (Cowers like a scared little elf, recovers)
7- Scarecrow
5 Brindolfin (Attack, miss)

Scarecrow target: 1d6 ⇒ 3 = Cilyanka
Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25; Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Scarecrow target: 1d6 ⇒ 4 = Kaddoc
Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11; Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Both get DC 14 Fear Saves now.

Round 2
Alkaid
14 Straehan
10 Cilyanka
10 Kaddoc
7+ Sparrow (Attack, hit for 4)
7- Scarecrow
5 Brindolfin (Attack, hit)

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Looks like it's taken 35 points of damage at the top of round 2. I'll hit for another 4, and Brindolfin will smash it for 17 on his action, but he goes after it does. So yea, have fun.


HP 36/19 | AC:22/16/16 CMD:21 | F:4 R:3 W:5 | I: +4 P: +7

Will Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Bruised but unfazed by the scarecrows fear, Cilyanka retaliates, channeling magic through her sword's blades as she strikes.

Swift action arcane strike, spell combat shocking grasp, spellstrike

Defensive Cast: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Shocking Grasp: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 5) = 10

Cilyanka drives her blades through the scarecrow, lighting arcing around its body as it falls into a charred heap.

Status:

HP: 13/22
Temp: 1/6
Arcane Pool: 2/4
AC: 25/13/22

Effects: arcane strike, mage armor, shield, +1 rhoka


DM Ninja/infinite

victim: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Goes for Straehan. Will save, please.

Round 2:

slam: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

slam2: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

damage2: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


HP: 31/31 Saves: +5,+5,+5, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 2

Alkaid does a five footstep away from scarecrow and cast CLW on Straehan
CLW: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


DM Ninja/infinite

Looks like Cilyanka got it before it went. So, no damage to Straehan and Alkaid keeps the spell.


AC:16|16|14 - F:+4|R:+6|W:+5 - Per:+9 Init:+3

The gnome breathes a sigh of relief as Cilyanka drops the Scarecrow. It looked like it was winding up a serious haymaker for the pint-sized sorcerer.


DM Ninja/infinite

As the scarecrow falls, you advance to the porch. Twisted and entwined vines of dead ivy drape the rotting columns and broken boards of this rickety porch, creating a thick curtain of vegetation. A door hanging from rusty hinges is barely visible througha thick drapery of ivy, the only visible means of entry into the otherwise totally boarded-up house. As you push through the vines up to the porch you find a deformed human skeleton on the boards, mostly overgrown by the vines.

Pusing the door open leads to a large front room [3]. A cold hearth dominates the room. Between the mostly collapsed internal walls and separate jumbles of crumbled furniture, it seems that this large room may have once been several smaller rooms. A rickety ladder leads to what looks like an upper loft above, visible through several large holes in the overhanging ceiling above. A large wooden cage sits in the southwest corner of the room. In the cage, unconsious, is Ryu.

As you approach him, three masked cultists leap out from the rubble and move to attack!

Alkaid Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Brindolfin Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Cilyanka Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Kaddoc Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Sparrow Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Straehan Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
cultists Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

Spoiler:
1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Round 1:
Cilyanka

cultists

Alkaid
Kaddoc
Sparrow
Straehan
Brindolfin

Cultist_1-victim: 1d6 ⇒ 1 Alkaid
broken_sickle: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1
damage: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4 + poison (save = DC14); effect -1 Con, unconscious 1d3 ⇒ 2 hours, cure 1 save

Cultist_2-victim: 1d6 ⇒ 5 Sparrow
broken_sickle: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (8) + 0 = 8
damage: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2 + poison (save = DC14); effect -1 Con, unconscious 1d3 ⇒ 1 hours, cure 1 save

Cultist_3-victim: 1d6 ⇒ 3 Sparrow
broken_sickle: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (11) + 0 = 11
damage: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2 + poison (save = DC14); effect -1 Con, unconscious 1d3 ⇒ 2 hours, cure 1 save


HP: 31/31 Saves: +5,+5,+5, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 2

Alkaid high kicks, and drop kicks the cultist in one motion
Attack1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Attack2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 Crit
Damage1: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Damage2: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Atk2:Crit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Dam2:Crit: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


DM Ninja/infinite

Both of Alkaid's well-placed attacks hit (crit is confirmed).

Cultist 1 drops and does not get up. It doesn't look like he's ever going to, either.


Half-Orc, hp 43/49, DR 1/-, AC 18, (T12/FF16), Init +4, Perc +6. F+5/R+2/W+3
Tracking:
Rage: 10/10, 1st: 5/5

Kaddoc casts bless. 2 min duration

Bless fills your allies with courage. Each ally gains a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects.

tracking:

rage 4/8
spells 4/5


HP 36/19 | AC:22/16/16 CMD:21 | F:4 R:3 W:5 | I: +4 P: +7

Seeing the cultists attack Cilyanka shouts, Drop your weapons. We don't want to hurt you, but will if you continue attacking. Enough people have already died.

Even as she shouts her warning, Cilyanka's blade lashes out at the nearest cultist.

Arcane strike, defensive cast arcane mark, spellstrike

Defensive Cast: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Failed to cast
Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13


DM Ninja/infinite

Cilyanka's swing connects and the cultist drops, bleeding heavily.


If Sparrow and Straehan take out the last cultist, the big guy moves toward the mayor and then activates what appears to be a shield.
Move + force shield for 1PP IF all cultists down.


DM Ninja/infinite

Brindolfin, the mayor is not in this area.


{HP 16/36 | AC13 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/6/4 | Inish +3, Per +9}Female Elf Ranger (Urban Ranger) 3 / Wizard (Foreteller) 3

Sparrow pulls out her bow and fires at the remaining cultist.

Twang!: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 1 = 14
Thunk!: 1d8 ⇒ 8


Brin moves toward the next area and activates a psychic shield. Armed with his psychic sword and psychic shield, Brin feels ready for the next challenge.


DM Ninja/infinite

Last cultist down.

Brin, which way? To 4 through the opening or 5 via the door?


Brin heads through the opening bellowing a war cry.
Ministats
hp=29/33
CMB: +9 CMD: 19
Senses PER +9 Sense Motive +4
Armor Class: 27 Touch: 10 Flat-Footed: 27
Fortitude: +4 Reflex: +3 Will: +6
Current Psionic PPs = 4/9; Psionic focus: Unexpended
Vigor duration 9/12 rounds, Force shield duration 12/12 rounds.


DM Ninja/infinite

Broken chairs, old straw-filled mattresses, and water stained, moldering quilts litter this room. There are a few lit candles placed at the far end of this room near a boarded up window.

Spoiler:
Brindolfin Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Brin you notice several things as you charge into this room. A small chest is set near the door, where someone could reach it wihtout entering more thn a few feet. You also realize that this is because the floor is weakened to the point of collapse.

Reflex 15, please.


Reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
"Tadaa!" Brin says as he avoids a nasty fall.


{HP 16/36 | AC13 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/6/4 | Inish +3, Per +9}Female Elf Ranger (Urban Ranger) 3 / Wizard (Foreteller) 3

Sparrow keeps her bow trained on the other opening as Brin (and assuming the others) move forward.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14


Half-Orc, hp 43/49, DR 1/-, AC 18, (T12/FF16), Init +4, Perc +6. F+5/R+2/W+3
Tracking:
Rage: 10/10, 1st: 5/5

Kaddoc will follow after Brindolfin.


HP 36/19 | AC:22/16/16 CMD:21 | F:4 R:3 W:5 | I: +4 P: +7

Stopping for a moment, Cilyanka focuses her magic upon herself, recovering from some, but not all, of her injuries.

Rejuvinate Eidolon: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Status:

HP: 20/29
Temp: 13/13
Arcane Pool: 2/4
AC: 25/13/22

Effects: mage armor, shield

1,201 to 1,250 of 2,177 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The_Ninja_DM's RotRL Anniversary Special All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.