Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RotRL Gestalt Anniversary Special

Game Master Spiral_Ninja

A gestalt AE Rise of the Runelords.Thistletop L1; Thistletop level 2, Thistletop level 3


1,151 to 1,200 of 2,250 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>

DM Ninja/infinite

'Ryu':
AC17/t13/ff14; hp42-17=25-5=20

Brindolfin's mighty blow strikes solidly. Alkiad's first swing misses, but the second is on target.

'Leonard':
AC17/t13/ff14; hp42-13=29

Kaddoc also connects, rocking his target.


HP: 31/31 Saves: +6,+6,+6, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 4

Who's turn is it?


DM Ninja/infinite

Everyone's gone, so:

Manor fight Round 2:

Brindofin
Straehan
costumed cultists [x2]
Alkaid
Fake Ryu
Kaddoc
Fake Leonard

CC1: vs_Straehan: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (6) + 0 = 6 for damage: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2

CC2: vs_Kaddoc: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (12) + 0 = 12 for damage: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5

Fake Ryu vs_Alkaid: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19 for slam: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 plus grab

Fake Leonardvs_Brindolfin: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19 for slam: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 plus grab


HP: 31/31 Saves: +6,+6,+6, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 4

The fakes need to make grapple checks if they are going to use grab


DM Ninja/infinite

Grapple vs Alkaid: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19


Half-Orc, hp 55/61, DR 2/-, AC 18, (T12/FF16), Init +4, Perc +6. F+5/R+2/W+3
Tracking:
Rage: 10/10, 1st: 5/5

AOO against cultist: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Damage: 2d4 + 9 ⇒ (4, 4) + 9 = 17

If still alive, CC2 misses.

Round 3
Rage Hp:24/28. 2/6 rounds remaining

If CC2 is still alive Kaddoc 5ft steps and attacks, otherwise he moves and attacks Fake Ryu,
Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
Damage: 2d4 + 9 ⇒ (3, 4) + 9 = 16


HP: 31/31 Saves: +6,+6,+6, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 4

I am Grappled.

Not rolling for Brindolfin's grapple?


DM Ninja/infinite

He missed Brindolfin

CC2 is down.

Fake_Ryu:
AC17/t13/ff14; hp42-17=25-5=20-17=3


Flanking the fake Ryu, Brindolfin calmly swings his psychic sword.
hit/dam1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 9 + 2 = 313d6 + 9 ⇒ (2, 6, 1) + 9 = 18
confirm/dam1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 9 + 2 = 183d6 + 9 ⇒ (1, 2, 6) + 9 = 18
He hits a vital area delivering massive slicing damage.


DM Ninja/infinite

Aaaaand Brindolfin slices Fake Ryu in half. Green blood splatters everywhere.


AC:16|16|14 - F:+4|R:+6|W:+5 - Per:+9 Init:+3

For some reason, I can't see any icons on the map - in either Firefox or IE. Am I doing something wrong?


DM Ninja/infinite

Sorry, at this point there are none. I don't have a program to do it. last time Sparrow did it for me. All this is in Room J5


AC:16|16|14 - F:+4|R:+6|W:+5 - Per:+9 Init:+3

No problem. I just thought I was missing a map update that everyone else could see.

I'm assuming my first non-lethal punches actually seemed to damage CC1 (i.e. we aren't battling undead). If so, I'll keep doing non-lethal. If not, I'll switch to lethal damage.

Straehan ducks the blow of the cultist, and delivers a set of punches to the costumed man's ribs.

~ Round 2 ~
FULL: FOB
SWIFT: Sorcerous Strike

If the first hit drops CC1 and a 5' step would take me in range of another baddie, then hit that guy with the second strike. Otherwise, use the second strike to put CC1 into dreamland for awhile longer.

BOOM:
Hand (crit: 20/2x)
MODS: FOB, Sorcerous Strike
HIT #1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
DAM: 1d4 ⇒ 4 non-lethal

HIT #2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
DAM: 1d4 ⇒ 4 non-lethal

Sorc Strike DAM: +1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 (Fire)
TOTAL: 8 Non-lethal, 3 Fire

Status:
HP: 16 / 18 | AC:18
Flare (1):
Prestidigitation (1):
Dancing Lights (1):
Elemental Ray (6): xx
Elemental Fist (1):
Produce Flame (1): x
1st Spells (4):
Spell Effects: None


HP: 31/31 Saves: +6,+6,+6, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 4

"Thanks for the assistance."


DM Ninja/infinite

Straehan takes down CC1. Fake Leonard, seeing the rest of the group fall, runs for the back door.

AoOs anyone?


Half-Orc, hp 55/61, DR 2/-, AC 18, (T12/FF16), Init +4, Perc +6. F+5/R+2/W+3
Tracking:
Rage: 10/10, 1st: 5/5

Well if you're offering...

AOO: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29 threatening...
AOO: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16 booooo....

Damage: 2d4 + 9 ⇒ (1, 1) + 9 = 11


DM Ninja/infinite

Fake_Leonard:
AC17/t13/ff14; hp42-13=29-11=18

Fake Leonard keeps running.


HP: 31/31 Saves: +6,+6,+6, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 4

If Brindolfin can catches it we can question it.


The giant charges the fleeing clone of Leonard.

Striking to do anything but cause extreme damage is unknown to him.
But grappling and holding is in his bag of tricks.
Grapple attack CM 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Unfortunately the half-giant has difficulty disengaging from the fallen Ryu clone and gets a poor grasp on the fleeing 'Leonard'.


HP: 31/31 Saves: +6,+6,+6, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 4

Going with AoO, I have Improved Grapple

Grapple: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23


Watching Alkaid, Brindolfin tries to think of way to hide his perceived loss of face as Alkaid shows him how it is done. Not really coming up with anything, he gets up with a big grin.

"Well done Alkaid, I probably need to work on that move."


AC:16|16|14 - F:+4|R:+6|W:+5 - Per:+9 Init:+3

FYI - CC1 is knocked out, not dead, so he can be questioned too.


DM Ninja/infinite

You capture and secure the ugly monster and the surviving townsfolk. What do you want to ask them?


Brindolfin is not much in the asking mode. He begins to tell them, "Unless you want to see a giant rampage, you better come clean with all these shenanigans. When you are all done spilling the beans, if I found out anything is held back, there will not be a single stone on top of another stone in this town. If I found out your stories don't agree with each other, there will be extreme discomfort for all. Now, what is going on here and why did you get rid of the tax collector?"

Asking questions is so inefficient. Glare at them and show them you mean business, and wait for it all to come out.


Half-Orc, hp 55/61, DR 2/-, AC 18, (T12/FF16), Init +4, Perc +6. F+5/R+2/W+3
Tracking:
Rage: 10/10, 1st: 5/5

Rage off, 2/6 rounds remaining: Fatigued for next 6 rounds.

Kaddoc leans heavily on his weapon sucking air, content to let Brin to do his thing for them moment. He bends down to unmask the cultists, living and dead, to see who was trying to get them.


HP 41/19 | AC:26/17/18 CMD:24 | F:7 R:4 W:8 | I: +4 P: +8

Let me know when I arrive at the manor.


HP: 31/31 Saves: +6,+6,+6, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 4

Alkaid has him in a Full Nelson Hold
"I think you should answer Brindolfin's questions."


DM Ninja/infinite

The monster laughs. "The tax collector? He left us on gossamer wings. As will your friend."

The consious locals, some of whom you recognize from the party, seem terrified. "Don't interfere. We need to feed the King, to save the mayor and the town. If the line dies, so does Ravenmoor! All will be for naught...the blood, the misbegotten...you must have been sent to save us through your blood!"

As they speak, Cil and Sparrow arrive.


"You need to worry about one thing, making the big giant with the big sword happy. You have fed your last victim to the King. Who is in this line that must be preserved besides this mayor, I want names?"

Upon seeing the new arrivals, "I am glad you are safe. Seems like we have a town doing nasty blood rituals to save some pathetic line of losers starting with the mayor."


HP: 31/31 Saves: +6,+6,+6, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 4

I think certain checks need to be made.

Seeing Cilyanka and Sparrow
"It's good to see that your safe."


{HP 16/36 | AC13 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/6/4 | Inish +5, Per +9}Female Elf Ranger (Urban Ranger) 3 / Wizard (Foreteller) 3

Sparrow blinks a couple times, taking it in, before turning to Cilyanka. "Well, now we know what they were wanting to do wit you. So now we know what happened to the tax collector, we're gonna head back, right? Or we gonna stop that ritual? Because I think I like stopping that ritual."


Half-Orc, hp 55/61, DR 2/-, AC 18, (T12/FF16), Init +4, Perc +6. F+5/R+2/W+3
Tracking:
Rage: 10/10, 1st: 5/5

"I have a feeling that there might be more to the locals affinity to stirges than meets the eye.

"I think you'ld best start explaining friend. Telling us might doom your town, but if you don't, I guarantee that my big friend over there will burn it to the ground.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18


HP: 31/31 Saves: +6,+6,+6, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 4

"I agree with that, sparrow"

Know(Religion) on diety references: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23


DM Ninja/infinite

Alkaid:
The references seem to indicate that at least some of the townsfolk worship Ghlaunder, aka the Gossamer King, the demigod of parasites and disease and Desna's mortal enemy. The Gossamer King's followers often pose as clerics of other deities in order to infiltrate small communities. Rather than destroy them outright, the faithful of Ghlaunder seek to spread corruption from within and subtly move the unknowing towards the worship of their god. Rather than cause such a group's downfall, the priests wish to subtly live off them as long as possible. If their true purpose is ever exposed, they seek to justify their existence in the natural order, arguing that infections and parasites help cull the weak from the herd. To aid their subterfuge, cultists may refer to Ghlaunder by obscure titles such as: 'the Tender of Dreams' or 'the Dream Tender'; 'the Slumberer'; or the 'Dormant Dreamer'.


HP: 31/31 Saves: +6,+6,+6, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 4

"Do you know who you made references to, it's the God of Parasites.
They tend to corrupt from within and slowly kill the host community for as long as possible.
And they are are absolute evil.
I want to kick the mayor's ass even more now."


HP 41/19 | AC:26/17/18 CMD:24 | F:7 R:4 W:8 | I: +4 P: +8

We're going to stop that ritual. There's no way I'm going to let them sacrifice that girl that won the contest. The mayor, on the other hand, I might be willing to let him take her place.

I'm guessing the field we saw earlier they said was dedicated to Desna...


HP: 31/31 Saves: +6,+6,+6, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 4

"Dedicated to Desna, I think not.
As they pose to be representatives of other gods.
Now, I do need to kick that mayor's ass for dirtying a good Goddess' reputation."


"Let's meet the mayor right now. Pack all your stuff, we end this tonight."

The big giant looks determined and looks at the townsfolk left.

"You all come too. We end this and fix the faith of this town. I guess these practices have been going on long before Ryu, so you can't blame him."


DM Ninja/infinite

Sparrow_&_Cil_Int_check_DC10:
The group that attacked you seeme to be fleeing toward the ruined houe & barn to the east (the building labled K)

all_Int_DC15:
They took that bizarre pig's body to that ruined place to the east (building K)


Half-Orc, hp 55/61, DR 2/-, AC 18, (T12/FF16), Init +4, Perc +6. F+5/R+2/W+3
Tracking:
Rage: 10/10, 1st: 5/5

Int: 1d20 ⇒ 8

"Anyone have any idea where they might be holed up?"


DM Ninja/infinite

If you search the Mayor's home before leaving:
Alkaid Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Brindolfin Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Cilyanka Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Kaddoc Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Sparrow Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Straehan Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

DC15:
Pantry: 4 vials of antitoxin and two potions of neutralize
poison on a high shelf in the back.

DC20:
Dining room: Wand in secret compartment in china cabinet

The Mayor's bedroom (6) is locked.

The front bedrom has bunkbeds. The upper hasn't been used in weeks and the lower has silk sheets covered in brown stains and exuding a pungent odor.

The kitchen contains six older bottles of Galdurian wine on a small rack.

You also have the map scrap that was found upstairs with 4 buildings marked: this one, the trading post, the ferry and the weaver's place.


1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20int

"The pig was taken to this building marked K on the map."


HP 41/19 | AC:26/17/18 CMD:24 | F:7 R:4 W:8 | I: +4 P: +8

Removing the wand from its secret compartment, Cilyanka will toss it to Sparrow.

Let not waste time then. We want to get there in time to stop that sacrifice

Cilyanka hurries out the door, waiting to make sure the others are following.


Half-Orc, hp 55/61, DR 2/-, AC 18, (T12/FF16), Init +4, Perc +6. F+5/R+2/W+3
Tracking:
Rage: 10/10, 1st: 5/5

"Should we maybe check the Mayor's room before we run off?"

Kaddoc will stuff the 4 vials of antitoxin and two potions of neutralize poison in his backpack, unless someone else wants to have one handy.


{HP 16/36 | AC13 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/6/4 | Inish +5, Per +9}Female Elf Ranger (Urban Ranger) 3 / Wizard (Foreteller) 3

Catching the wand, Sparrow gives it a look before following. "Interesting find there, Cilyanka. Wonder what it is?" If given three rounds to study it...

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Having examined the wand, Sparrow follows the others, bow out and ready in case of trouble.


DM Ninja/infinite

Sparrow:
Wand of Lesser Restoration...17 charges left


HP: 31/31 Saves: +6,+6,+6, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 4

"Let's proceed to have a Talk with the mayor."


Brindolfin manifests his blade, and looks forward to ending the mayor's line. He can think of two ways to do it, one lets the mayor live.


{HP 16/36 | AC13 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/6/4 | Inish +5, Per +9}Female Elf Ranger (Urban Ranger) 3 / Wizard (Foreteller) 3

"Sounds good. By the way, anyone able to use this thing? It can restore a person's physical and mental attributes if you get 'em hurt by spells and such."

Lesser Restoration, though explaining in character seems odd.


AC:16|16|14 - F:+4|R:+6|W:+5 - Per:+9 Init:+3

Straehan smiles innocently, "I can always use a back-scratcher - that one looks exceptional. Maybe you should hang onto it until after we handle this pesky Virgin Sacrifice situation."

1,151 to 1,200 of 2,250 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The_Ninja_DM's RotRL Anniversary Special All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.