Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

RotRL Gestalt Anniversary Special

Game Master Spiral_Ninja

A gestalt AE Rise of the Runelords.Thistletop L1; Thistletop level 2


1,051 to 1,100 of 2,175 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>

AC:16|16|14 - F:+4|R:+6|W:+5 - Per:+9 Init:+3

"What the hell is that?!" Straehan briefly incants and seems to scoop a ball of fire from the pit he just jumped before throwing the flaming sphere at the strange creature.

~ Round 1 ~
STAND: Cast Produce Flame
MOVE: Move 20' towards creature

Rolls:
Produce Flame Round 1 of 2 - RTA (120')
HIT: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
DAM: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Save: None

Status:
HP: 18 / 18 | AC:22
Flare (1):
Prestidigitation (1):
Dancing Lights (1):

Elemental Ray (6):
Elemental Fist (1):
Produce Flame (1): x

1st Spells (4):
Spell Effects: None

Other Effects: None


DM Ninja/infinite

monster:
AC:12; HP32-3=29

Intitiative Order/Round 1:
Straehan: Produce flame: hit
Cilyanka:

Piggie: attacks Sparrow as closest.

Kaddoc:
Sparrow:
Brindolfin:
Alkaid:

bite: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

If that hits, Sparrow, I need a Fort save.

Everyone within 10' of the piggie, I need a Will save.


HP 36/19 | AC:22/16/16 CMD:21 | F:4 R:3 W:5 | I: +4 P: +7

Startled by the pigs sudden change, and watching it charge towards Sparrow, Cilyanka swears something in an acrid language. Moving to intercpet the suddenly mutated pig, she draws her shadowed blade with one hand while drawing runes of black fire with the other.

I move to intercept the pig before it can reach Sparrow. I cast shield as my standard action then draw my sword as part of my move action. As a swift action I active my arcane pool, enchanting my rhoka to +1.

I was within 5' of Sparrow so I should be able to get between her and the pig.

Will 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Status:

HP: 22/22
Temp: 6/6
Arcane Pool: 4/3
AC: 21/13/18

Effects: Shield, +1 bonuse to rhoka


DM Ninja/infinite

Cil, you are sickened by its horrific appearance. You are at -2 on all attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks for 1 round.


HP: 31/31 Saves: +5,+5,+5, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 2

she's surprised at seeing the piggy transform
"What in the ...."

Will save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14


{HP 16/36 | AC13 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/6/4 | Inish +3, Per +9}Female Elf Ranger (Urban Ranger) 3 / Wizard (Foreteller) 3

Round 1

Stats:

HP 14/22
AC 13 T13 FF10 CMD15
F/R/W: 3/5/3
Effects: None

A moment's premonition causes Sparrow to move, changing a mortal gore form the pig to a mere painful gore. "Damnit, you'll be bacon tonight!" Stepping away from the beast as Cilyanka comes up, Sparrow pulls out here bow and takes a shot at it.

5' step away, move to draw bow, standard to shoot.

Fortitude Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Will Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Twang!: 1d20 + 5 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 1 - 4 = 7 Point blank shot, fire into melee
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 Point blank shot


Will1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Brin moves to the pig forming his blade.
Once again I regret not having a weapon at hand at all times.


AC:16|16|14 - F:+4|R:+6|W:+5 - Per:+9 Init:+3

Spiral, how far is the firepit from the soon-to-be roast porker?


Half-Orc, hp 43/49, DR 1/-, AC 18, (T12/FF16), Init +4, Perc +6. F+5/R+2/W+3
Tracking:
Rage: 10/10, 1st: 5/5

Rage on, charge
Will Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 Fail, sickened?

Attack: 1d20 + 9 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 9 + 2 - 2 = 20 assuming sickened
Damage: 2d4 + 9 ⇒ (1, 1) + 9 = 11


DM Ninja/infinite

@Straehan: about 60'

monster:
AC:12; HP32-3=29-11=18

The piggie is still up.

DC for Will is 10.


HP: 31/31 Saves: +5,+5,+5, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 2

Alkaid charges the Mutant piggy

Attack: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 3 + 2 = 25 Crit
Crit: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 2 = 11 No Crit
Damage (Cold Iron): 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


DM Ninja/infinite

Spoiler:
AC:12; HP32-3=29-11=18-8=10

That's one tough piggie!

Round 2:
Straehan:
Cilyanka:

Piggie:

Kaddoc:
Sparrow:
Brindolfin:
Alkaid:

KN_Religion_DC_20:
That is a type of evil outsider known as a qlippoth; that one appears to be one of the lesser forms, a cythnigot. They infest a physical form as a seed and grow inside killing it and transforming it.


HP: 31/31 Saves: +5,+5,+5, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 2

Know(Religion): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15


Half-Orc, hp 43/49, DR 1/-, AC 18, (T12/FF16), Init +4, Perc +6. F+5/R+2/W+3
Tracking:
Rage: 10/10, 1st: 5/5

Knowledge(Religion): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13


HP 36/19 | AC:22/16/16 CMD:21 | F:4 R:3 W:5 | I: +4 P: +7

My action won't take place until after Straehan's turn.

Gripping her sword in both hands, Cilyanka swings her blade in a powerful overhead arc at the abominations head.

Swift action for arcane strike.

Attack 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 5 - 2 = 15
Damage 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Status:

HP: 22/22
Temp: 6/6
Arcane Pool: 4/3
AC: 21/13/18

Effects:
. Shield; +4 AC
. +1 enhancement bonuse; rhoka
. +1 damage; arcane strike
. -2 attack; nausea


Kn Religion 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17


AC:16|16|14 - F:+4|R:+6|W:+5 - Per:+9 Init:+3

Strae moves forward as he conjures yet another ball of fire and tosses it at the soon-to-be rasher of bacon.

MOVE: Move 20' (now 20' away from target)
STAND: Fire

Produce Flame Round 2 of 2 - RTA (120')
HIT: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
DAM: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

I've left off any 'firing into combat' penalties and whatnot. Feel free to adjust the score as needed.


DM Ninja/infinite

Both Straehan and Cilyanka connect with the former piggie. It drops, twitiching as several of the locals rush up, wrap it in a burlap sack and haul it away.

"I'm sorry about that. says the Mayor.“We get things like this around here now and then—there’s bad magic in the ground here that the Dream Tender normally protects us from, but now and then, animals just get the badness in them. We'll butn it and dump the ashes. Please, enjoy the Festival and we'll get a clean pig for the Feast.”


{HP 16/36 | AC13 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/6/4 | Inish +3, Per +9}Female Elf Ranger (Urban Ranger) 3 / Wizard (Foreteller) 3

"Nice job there. Only the poor elf got gored by that thing. Stupid pig." Sparrow makes sure to keep her bow clear of her hands while she bandages the wound. "Don't suppose any of you can pray this thing up? I'd rather be in top shape when I go after his next of kin. Or would that be his understudy?"


HP: 31/31 Saves: +5,+5,+5, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 2

she casts cure light on Sparrow
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


{HP 16/36 | AC13 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/6/4 | Inish +3, Per +9}Female Elf Ranger (Urban Ranger) 3 / Wizard (Foreteller) 3

"Thanks, Alkaid. Don't think there'll be much of a scar either. I think I saw a weaver's on the way in, gonna pick me up a new shirt I think before the competition." Sparrow picks up a new shirt and a peasant's outfit to actually do the pig chasing in.


Half-Orc, hp 43/49, DR 1/-, AC 18, (T12/FF16), Init +4, Perc +6. F+5/R+2/W+3
Tracking:
Rage: 10/10, 1st: 5/5

Rage off

So, that was weird right?"


AC:16|16|14 - F:+4|R:+6|W:+5 - Per:+9 Init:+3

Straehan pulls up short when the creature falls. "No sh!t! What was that thing? If that passes for pig, think I'll pass on trying any of the local delicacies."


HP 36/19 | AC:22/16/16 CMD:21 | F:4 R:3 W:5 | I: +4 P: +7

Eeewwww! I don't know about you, but I've suddenly lost my appetite.

Sparrow can chase the next pig, but I'll stick to cheering.


Brin is even more on edge walking around with darting eyes.


Half-Orc, hp 43/49, DR 1/-, AC 18, (T12/FF16), Init +4, Perc +6. F+5/R+2/W+3
Tracking:
Rage: 10/10, 1st: 5/5

"Well, no one seems all that upset about the spider-pig thing, so I guess these things happen a lot around here. Maybe we should circulate and talk to some of the townsfolk. I think I'll go talk to Skender Cardz, the ferryman about Elias. There's also Saul and Alzina that we should talk to as well."


{HP 16/36 | AC13 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/6/4 | Inish +3, Per +9}Female Elf Ranger (Urban Ranger) 3 / Wizard (Foreteller) 3

"Seems a good plan, Kaddoc. I should've taken a look at the pig. Going to see if I can catch it before they burn it. Otherwise, I'll catch you all later." Sparrow will see about finding out where the pig is being burned, hoping to take a look at the remains.


DM Ninja/infinite

@Kaddoc: The old ferryman is open with you about Elias. He disliked him and confirms the mayor's opinion that the ugly city boy was rude and pried into stuff not related to the taxes, even asking how much the freey made on a day to day basis. He concludes with an interesting suggestion as to Elias' fate.

Skender points to an unusuall-looking skull naied to the wall of his shack and says "Maybe the Wolf in the Water got him. It's been arround for ages, and eats careless children's guts. Yea, yea, he laughed at the 'local legend' too, but it exists. It usually hangs around the area for a few weeks, feeding, then moves on. If he decided to take a shortcut after the Mayor ran him off, most likely, the Wolf got him."

@Sparrow: You visit the weaver's home and shop. Surprisingly enough, the old weaver seems to be able to raise silkworms, and while the clothing here is mostly peasant-style basics, if's very well made. Alizna titters disturbingly when you aks about buying clothing, but accepts your coin with pleasure.

asking_about_Elias:
Alizna says"The tax man? don't temember him much. I'm afraid I don't get out much anymore and I barely saw him. You say he's gone? Sorry to hear that. But we did pay our taxes, it isn't our fault if the man you sent was a crook, now is it?"

the_pig:
The villagers attempt to burn it but it proves unusually resistant, so they drag it to the river and throw it in.


DM Ninja/infinite
The_Ninja_DM wrote:

After the contests, the Founder's Feast is served. Among the usual fare of whole fresh greens, roasted pig, and freshbaked breads, the feast’s more unusual offerings include the following:

Black Mushrooms: extremely delicious, with an unusual flavor.

Flayleaf Salad: These serated edged leaves, tossed in a malt vinegar, have a bitter and biting flavor.

Fried Silkworms: large Mushfen silkworm pupae served on wooden platters. These crispy, deep-fried insects are served with a small dish of ground caraway seeds and salt, and have a crunchy, chewy texture.

Smoked Tick Legs: The hard, chitinous legs of giant ticks are smoked first, then boiled. Served steaming hot, villagers use small, two-pronged forks to tear apart the outer shell to get at the soft meat inside, much like boiled crabs served in coastal communities. The flavor is decidedly loamy and gamey.

Stirge Blood Sausage: Ravenmoor’s most popular delicacy is the specially prepared blood sacks of stirges. The engorged creatures are plucked fresh from blood-drained oxen and their abdomens pinched and twisted off. These casings are stuffed with spices and rye berries and then boiled; the blood, grains, and spices congeal, forming a briny sausage that is disturbingly delicious.

@Group: let me know what you eat.

As the meal is served you see several of the prettier young maidens of the town walk over to a tent, and come out in white silk robes with
intricately braided hair decorated with garlands of local flowers. Each girl takes a turn visiting family pavilions and tables, and recounting the rehearsed story of Ravenmoor’s founding.

As the girls head toward the tent, the mayor says "If any of you want to take part, you would need to go and change as well." He chuckles. "You can even keep the robes."

As you observe the preparations, you recognize a familar figure. Ryu is waiting by the tent and appears to be escoring one of the young women.


First, the big guy is quite sure to make sure the locals are eating the dishes first. When he sees they are, his appetite gets the better of him. Brindolfin has a great appetite and decides to try everything. After tasting the sausages he is hooked and eats a healthy serving.

"These sausages are excellent. I did not think stirges could taste so good."


DM Ninja/infinite

Brin I need a fort save.

Fort_12:
Flayleaf=marajuana: Fort DC 12 resists; if failed effects are: 1 pt Wisdom damage, fatigue for 1 hour, and a +2 alchemical bonus on saves against mind-affecting effects for 1 hour.


Half-Orc, hp 43/49, DR 1/-, AC 18, (T12/FF16), Init +4, Perc +6. F+5/R+2/W+3
Tracking:
Rage: 10/10, 1st: 5/5

"Tick legs seem safe enough and I must admit that I've eaten less likely fare in my day."

While munching away, he recounts his conversation with the Ferryman about the 'wolf in the water'.

"Might be worth investigating."

He politely declines the Mayors offer to join in.

Preemptive Fort save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18


FORT1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
"Great food, thank you for the hospitality."


{HP 16/36 | AC13 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/6/4 | Inish +3, Per +9}Female Elf Ranger (Urban Ranger) 3 / Wizard (Foreteller) 3
The_Ninja_DM wrote:
@Sparrow: You visit the weaver's home and shop. Surprisingly enough, the old weaver seems to be able to raise silkworms, and while the clothing here is mostly peasant-style basics, if's very well made. Alizna titters disturbingly when you aks about buying clothing, but accepts your coin with pleasure.

At Alizna's:
"Yea, a crook. That's what everyone keeps saying. Probably true too. Oh well, we still get paid to come here and enjoy your festival. Strange thing about the pig too, never seen nothing like that before. At least it didn't spook anyone in the village, seemed like everyone was used to that strangeness. But at least they said they can get another pig up. So why don't you tell me abit about this festival anyway, what's it celebrating and all that?" Sparrow keeps shifting the topics while speaking with Alizna, hoping to trip her up, just in case.

Bluff: 1d20 ⇒ 6 Sparrow's trying to act disinterested about the tax collector.
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21 Gauging Alizna's reactions.


HP 36/19 | AC:22/16/16 CMD:21 | F:4 R:3 W:5 | I: +4 P: +7

Still feeling slightly nauseated from the pig, Cilyanka will respectfully decline supper.

I'm still not feeling well after what tht pig did guys. I think I'll stick to the cider and watch the festivities for a while. I know having a real bed to sleep in will be a nice for once.


HP: 31/31 Saves: +5,+5,+5, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 2

"I have to agree with Cilyanka,
a transforming pig tends to quiet one's appetite."

and she adds in thought
"that and I still need to lose a few more pounds from that binge."


{HP 16/36 | AC13 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/6/4 | Inish +3, Per +9}Female Elf Ranger (Urban Ranger) 3 / Wizard (Foreteller) 3

"I dunno, smoked tick legs sound pretty good." Sparrow will try some. "So either of you girls going to try out for that contest?"


DM Ninja/infinite

@Sparrow: The old woman snorts and says "That tax man? He never bothered me. I did hear from other folks he was a bit of a pest, but he was smart enough to leave me alone. Not surprised he ran off...city-folk are greedy like that."

If no one in the group joins the beauty contest, the girl Ryu is with, Shel Lupescu, is chosen as Festival Queen.

One odd thing you all note is the condition of the old, rusty starknives being used in the falling stars game. You can also realize that none of the locals, so dedicated to Desna, are familar with her favored weapon.

If you ask the local man running the game, Saul Lupescu, he says "These weapons belonged to our founder, Iola Kriegler. Since this feast is in her honor, we use them in this contest. But, no, everyone here knows that the Tender of Dreams prefers spears. They represent falling stars."


HP 36/19 | AC:22/16/16 CMD:21 | F:4 R:3 W:5 | I: +4 P: +7

Watching the contest, Cilyanka will question the man running the starknife throwing contest.

I've never heard of Desna preferring spears before, but even if she did, why would your founders knives be in such poor repair. I mean, it's not like it would take a lot of effort to clean the rust off and properly oil them between uses.

Starig at the ground between her feet, Cilyanka continues, I wish I knew how to throw a starknife, but I've never spent much time around weapons.


DM Ninja/infinite

Saul looks angry. "I do my best. Talk to the mayor. They're his family heirlooms."

That strikes you as an odd comment from a smith. Maybe he just doesn't like the mayor?

He looks at you consideringly. "You know, my son has some training with these things. Would you like me ask him to show you how to use them after the festival?"


HP 36/19 | AC:22/16/16 CMD:21 | F:4 R:3 W:5 | I: +4 P: +7

Cilyanka answers the smith with a smile, I really would love that. And afterwards, I'll have to talk to the mayor. He really should take better care of family heirlooms. Not everybody is so privaleged.


"Suspiciouser and Suspiciouser." Brin mutters to his companions. His large blade is now out at all times.


DM Ninja/infinite

The rest of the Festival goes off rather well. You all seem to have made the locals, if not friends, at least not hostile.

Who is going where? There are 6 rooms in the mayor's home that he has offered for guests. Check the map, your rooms are on the upper floor.


"Kaddoc, let's bunk together."
Brin heads for the room, sword is still out. He mentions, "Hope there are no evil pigs hiding in my room. But I wouldn't mind finding a basket of those sausages!"


AC:16|16|14 - F:+4|R:+6|W:+5 - Per:+9 Init:+3

The little gnome fancies the small room - last on the right.


HP 36/19 | AC:22/16/16 CMD:21 | F:4 R:3 W:5 | I: +4 P: +7

Sparrow, Alkaid, you guys mind if I share a room with one of you? After my starknife throwing lesson, of course. The smith's son is supposed to give me a demonstration.

Looking back at the festivities, Cilyanka continues I know things don't seem right here, but I doubt anyone will say much with all of us looming over them with weapons drawn.


HP: 31/31 Saves: +5,+5,+5, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 2

"In this town I think it would be wise for us women to share the same room."

she whispers to Cilyanka
"For some reason the Festival Queen contest felt like a selection process for something."


DM Ninja/infinite

@Cilyanka: are you going alone?


{HP 16/36 | AC13 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/6/4 | Inish +3, Per +9}Female Elf Ranger (Urban Ranger) 3 / Wizard (Foreteller) 3

"Certainly don't mind sharing one with the two of ya. And definitely be careful. This town is strange."


Half-Orc, hp 43/49, DR 1/-, AC 18, (T12/FF16), Init +4, Perc +6. F+5/R+2/W+3
Tracking:
Rage: 10/10, 1st: 5/5

With the loss of Biter and Ryu, there are only 6 of us left, correct? So we don't really need to share rooms.

"Mayor's house should have room for us all, but I can't shake the feeling that not all is well in this 'sleepy' little town. It might be best if we kept a watch tonight.

1,051 to 1,100 of 2,175 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The_Ninja_DM's RotRL Anniversary Special All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.