Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

RotRL Gestalt Anniversary Special

Game Master Spiral_Ninja

A gestalt AE Rise of the Runelords.Thistletop L1; Thistletop level 2, Thistletop level 3


1,001 to 1,050 of 2,177 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>

DM Ninja/infinite

"Starts up after lunch and runs all day. Ends at sundown with the Feast and crowning the Queen."

He points toward the big, fancy house by the river.

"Talk to the mayor. He'll fill ya in on the details. Festival is held in the field right next to his place. Can any of you cook? We're always looking for new flyleaf recipes.

On of the other men leans forward at that. "No need to worry about that. Lots of city folk don't deal with flyleaf much. Y'all might want ta judge, though. Give ya a whole new outlook on things, it will."

He chuckles a bit at that. They all seem to find that comment funny.


HP: 31/31 Saves: +5,+5,+5, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 2
The_Ninja_DM wrote:

"It's always nice for Founders Festival."

He looks at you with more curiosity than most of the rest of the locals.

"Are you folks stayin fer the festival. You and that other redhead could beat out some of our gals for festival queen."

So me and Cilyanka are nominated somewhat. And Sparrow is not?


DM Ninja/infinite

Just those of you with charisma over 12. Of course if she wants to volunteer ...


DM Ninja/infinite

Given such strong hints and realizing that the Mayor is the most likely person to have spoken to Elias Kyle about the taxes, some of you head over to the home indicated.

When you first approach the manor, you are met before you reach the door by a surly-looking young man who abandons his yard work to demand to know what the group wants.


HP: 31/31 Saves: +5,+5,+5, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 2

she thinks to herself
"What's his beef"

in a diplomatic voice
"We're here to talk to the Mayor about something."


DM Ninja/infinite

"My brother is busy. he doesn't have time to talk to every stray who wanders through here. Move on."

As the man moves closer to you, gripping his sickle tightly, the door to the building swings open and a tall, lean man with a severe bearing,
a keen stare, and an imposing but friendly mein steps out — spparently, Mayor Andretti Kriegler himself.

"Leonard, please. Don't be so hostile to this nice young woman. Please, forgive my brother. He's somewhat over protective of me and my job. What can I do for such an attractive stranger?"

He steps down off the porch, waving his brother aside. The other man backs down, looking angry.

"Today is a busy day, being the Founder's Festival and all. I was just on my way to the field to help set things up. Please, come walk with me and tell me about yourself and why you find yourselves here in Ravenmoor. We don't get many travelers here."

He laughs and says jokingly "Maybe the werewolves in Wolf's Ear eat all of them before they get here."


HP 36/19 | AC:22/16/16 CMD:21 | F:4 R:3 W:5 | I: +4 P: +7

For now, Cilyanka will remain with the older gentlemen, making small talk and listening to the local gossip


{HP 16/36 | AC13 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/6/4 | Inish +3, Per +9}Female Elf Ranger (Urban Ranger) 3 / Wizard (Foreteller) 3
Straehan. wrote:
Straehan nods in agreement, more than a little concerned with the woman's recent emotional upheaval. "I could stand to get a drink myself. Mind if I tag along, Sparrow?" Expecting no objection, he sets off with the elf maid.

"Sure thing, Straehan." Sparrow comes up to Cilyanka with Straehan. "Hope ya don't mind, but we figured we'd join ya." Unless Cilyanka objects, Sparrow takes a nearby seat and chats with Straehan.

Close enough in case you get in trouble, not so far as to interfere. And Sparrow isn't too concerned about the festival queen thing, but thanks Alkaid.


HP: 31/31 Saves: +5,+5,+5, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 2

"Well, Aren't you a charmer?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
"We are here, To collect some back taxes that need to be payed.
The report states that a collector did arrive here,
but he has not returned and the back taxes still need to be payed."

Sense Motive on his response: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23


Half-Orc, hp 43/49, DR 1/-, AC 18, (T12/FF16), Init +4, Perc +6. F+5/R+2/W+3
Tracking:
Rage: 10/10, 1st: 5/5

I'm going to assume that Kaddoc went along to the Mayor's house.

"His name was Elias Kyle. Perhaps he was eaten by werewolves as well."


DM Ninja/infinite

The mayor seems to stiffen. He suddenly looks angry. "What are you folks trying to pull? Look, I admit the town was behind on the taxes...of course if those -officials- in Magnimar want their money, maybe thae should send their tax collecors more regular-like. Yea, that ugly red-headed city boy was here. He wasted no time making a fool of himself—ordering townsfolk around and making unreasonable demands when he should have just come to me.”

He manages to control himself a bit, then continues.

"I told him that we'd be happy to pay our just due, but that it would take a little time to get that much together. I even let him stay at my place, and invited him to the monthly Festival. He said he had no interest in any 'backwoods hootenannies' but took me up on my offer of room and board. He went to bed early that night and I paid him in full, in a locked coffer, as soon as I could. He took off for Magnimar and that's the last we say of him. Now you want the taxes again?"

Everyone with the Mayor, give me a Sense Motive check


sense motive 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

The giant quietly observes.


HP: 31/31 Saves: +5,+5,+5, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 2

I already rolled one


DM Ninja/infinite

Spoiler:
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

Sense Motive_13:
He's hiding something.


Half-Orc, hp 43/49, DR 1/-, AC 18, (T12/FF16), Init +4, Perc +6. F+5/R+2/W+3
Tracking:
Rage: 10/10, 1st: 5/5

Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 4

"Easy my Lord Mayor, we ment no offense. We were simply sent to investigate what happened to the man. I'm sure, as a legal representative, he gave you a receipt for the taxes paid. We have no intention of taxing your town twice. Regardless, we still need to find the man and any help you could provide us would be much appreciated.


DM Ninja/infinite

Mayor Krieglar relaxes a bit. "Receipt? Yes, of course. I'm sorry, it's just that he made himself such a pest..."

You have reched a large enclsed field, where many of the locals are setting up for a fair. You see games being set up and tables being laid, as well as a big outdoor kitchen.

"I can show you the receipt. Under the circumstances, you'll forgive me if I don't turn it over to you folks. Meanwhile, please, stay the night, join the Festival, have some fun. I can house most of you folks, and I cna persuade some of the other townsfolk to set you up, as well."


Half-Orc, hp 43/49, DR 1/-, AC 18, (T12/FF16), Init +4, Perc +6. F+5/R+2/W+3
Tracking:
Rage: 10/10, 1st: 5/5

"Thank you for your generous offer, we would be most grateful for the respite. I'm sure you have many other things to attend to for the festival, but if I could ask you who else might have spoken to the taxman while he was in town? He might have let something slip in conversation that might give us some clue as to where he took off to after he left."


HP: 31/31 Saves: +5,+5,+5, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 2

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

"We can understand you wanting to keep the receipt for future taxes and the very rare chance of an audit.
But my group would need have a look at the receipt to make sure everything in order."

Bluff: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
"If he ran off with the taxes, we are authorized to check every nook and cranny here to find any leads to where he went and they want a through Job.
They don't want any second guessing, and it includes a small contingency plan, if we don't have a report sent back next week.
Though if we find the body with the taxes it won't be a problem."

Sense Motive on his reaction: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Hopefully, Kaddoc picks up on her hint that the mayor is hiding something.


DM Ninja/infinite

The mayor stiffens and looks angry, though not at you. “Honestly, I’m not surprised to learn that -scoundrel- never went back. In fact, I eas half expecting something like this as I’ve heard rumors that he lit out for Riddleport, in which case I fear the taxes are as good as gone.'

He looks at Alkaid, seemingly embarrased as well. "You see, I didn't get a receipt. I came home that first night to find him rooting in my liquor cabinet. I was so mad I grabbed all my savings, paid him out of that, figuring I could collect from the townsfolk later, and just ran him out of town."

He shifts to looking rueful. "I shouldn't have let my temper take over. But the fact apparently remains that we apparently still owe Magnimar a payment. You strike me as much more trustworthy agents, frankly, but I’m afraid we don’t have the full payment available to pay the taxes again. I’ll extend to you the same offer I extended to Elias, though—enjoy the festival and tonight’s feast, stay in my home, and I’ll see what I can scrape together from what remains of the town’s funds to pay at least part of what we owe. Perhaps at a later date Magnimar might send you north to Riddleport to find out what became of that scoundrel. And you'll forgive me if this time I ask for a recipt?”

The last is said with a bit of a somewhat rueful chuckle.


HP: 31/31 Saves: +5,+5,+5, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 2

Are you sure it's a rueful(pitiful/sorrowful) expression?
and he's not bluffing anything even his expressions?


DM Ninja/infinite

He sure sounds like he means it...try another sense motive


HP: 31/31 Saves: +5,+5,+5, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 2

I had a result of 24...

Don't tell me the DC is 25 and I'm missing by 1


Brin wanders around acting as if he knows no common. He points to objects and uses improvised sign language.

He whispers to the others--'Stick together and watch what you eat and drink. I don't like this.'


DM Ninja/infinite

KN_Nature_or_Heal_20:

DM:
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

Alkaid:
Just made it. He's hiding something. He definitely wants you folks to stay the night, though.

Meanwhile, Ryu is approached by an attractive young woman.

"Are you one of the travelers looking for that rude tax man? I hope you find him. Did he really run off with the taxes? Oh, by the way, I'm Shel Lupescu. My dad runs the store. If you need a place to stay tonight, we could put you up."

She seems interested in you, Ryu.


HP 36/19 | AC:22/16/16 CMD:21 | F:4 R:3 W:5 | I: +4 P: +7

Have a seat and relax Brin says Cilyanka as she pats the edge of the porch next to her.


HP: 31/31 Saves: +5,+5,+5, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 2

She thinks to herself
"He's hiding something, and he's good at it.
Given that he wants us to stay the night worries me.
Looks the saying "Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer" is his motto."

in a diplomatic and professional voice
"The receipt will be handed to you after we get the taxes,
and If we find him and get the money back,
I'll see if it gets returned or put against your future tax payments."


DM Ninja/infinite

"That's as fair as I can ask for I suppose. I hope you find that guy. And bring him through here on the way back."


Half-Orc, hp 43/49, DR 1/-, AC 18, (T12/FF16), Init +4, Perc +6. F+5/R+2/W+3
Tracking:
Rage: 10/10, 1st: 5/5
Kaddoc the Grey wrote:
"Thank you for your generous offer, we would be most grateful for the respite. I'm sure you have many other things to attend to for the festival, but if I could ask you who else might have spoken to the taxman while he was in town? He might have let something slip in conversation that might give us some clue as to where he took off to after he left."

Hey Ninja, is the mayor willing to indicate any other persons of interest to chat with, or is it safe to assume that Elias pretty much only dealt with the mayor(at least as far as he is willing to let on)?


HP: 31/31 Saves: +5,+5,+5, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 2
The_Ninja_DM wrote:
"That's as fair as I can ask for I suppose. I hope you find that guy. And bring him through here on the way back."

"As a wise man once said "Time will tell, sooner or later time will tell," though I can't recall the name of who said it."


DM Ninja/infinite

Mayor Kriegler smiles at you, though it doesn't -quite- reach his eyes.

"If you folks want to join in the fun, go right ahead. Our gams might not be as -refined- as city folk like you are used to, but I hope you'll find them fun. Everything stars up mid-afternoon and runs til dusk."

He guides you around, paying far more attention to Alkaid than the rest, and points out the sights. Some of the villagers have dragged tables from barns, while others have set up small pavilions, picnic quilts, and even a makeshift stage on the festival grounds in the northern part of town (area H) to prepare for the afternoon’s festivities. Unlit piles of wood for bonfires stand around the field’s perimeter, and an open space in the center is cleared and ringed with benches for the festival’s games and competitions.

The mayor continues "It’s unusual for visitors to come to these festivals, but once they’re here and willing to take part, most of 'em enjoy it. Look around and see what you think you'd enjoy."

He points to the bonfires. "Those are for the Dreamer's Leap. Once they're lit, folks jump the fires. It's an old purification ritual. Then there's Falling Stars." he points at some targets. "Saul has the traditional starknives and we take turns tossing them. There's also Raven fights to bet on. Those birds can be quite aggessive. There's a three-legged race and, of course..." he points to a caged, sickly looking pig. The Greased Pig Chase."

He looks back at Alkaid with obvious admiration. "and, of course, the crowning of the Founder's Feast Queen. You folks can vote if you wish...or even take part, Miss Alkaid. I don't think the local girls would resent it."


DM Ninja/infinite

The Mayor turns to Kaddoc "Other townsfolk? Well, he spoke to a lot of folks, and riled quite a few up. If you want to talk to anyone, try the Lupescus at the general store and forge or Alzina, the weaver. He talked to all the business folk calm-like but was rather rude to the rest of the townsfolk. Oh, yes, you might also try old Skender Cardzi over at the ferry. He might just remember which way the man went."


DM Ninja/infinite

Mayor Kriegler turns back to Alkaid. "We have these feasts every month at the full moon, but the Queen is only chosen once a year. The girls and their families regard it as a great honor, but it's been known to go to their heads. The last three girls left town a month or so after and never returned. Maybe that's why I was hoping one of you'd like to enter, and maybe convince the girls that city life isn't all that great."


Half-Orc, hp 43/49, DR 1/-, AC 18, (T12/FF16), Init +4, Perc +6. F+5/R+2/W+3
Tracking:
Rage: 10/10, 1st: 5/5

"Thank you for your time Mayor. The festival sounds like it will provide a pleasant diversion."

@Alkaid: "Perhaps, we should go see how the others are getting along?"


HP: 31/31 Saves: +5,+5,+5, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 2

she thinks to herself
The girls left after being crowned queen....something sounds a little off.

@Mayor
"I am humbled with your suggestion on entering the Feast Queen Contest, And not to sound rude or anything but I'll give it some thought."

@Kaddoc
"Let's see what what they found."


DM Ninja/infinite

Sorry about the lack of posting on my part. Blame the long hoiliday weekend. If anyone is interested in trying out any of the contests, go right ahead. Let me know if you want to tlk to any more of the villagers as well.

Dreamers'Leap: The fire is 10 feet in diameter with 3-foot-high flames; jumpers must succeed at a DC 12 Acrobatics check to clear it and are permitted a 10-foot running start.

Falling Stars: Up to eight contestants take turns throwing the six starknives at bales of hay at distances of 20, 60, and 100 feet, with the most sticks winning the contest. The bales have AC 12 for
the purpose of a hit sticking in the bale,there are range penalties for the 60-foot and 100-foot targets.

Raven Fights: More of a betting contest as PCs have no entrys, though anyone with a raven familar can enter. The fights are not to the death. The eight ravens competing this afternoon are Clawfoot, Foolscap, Greediguts, Grizzle, Snaphaunce, Soot, Vinegar Tom, and Wormwort—all prime fighting birds and all eager to have at each other.

Three-Legged Race:Pairs of runners have their adjacent legs bound together with rope, and must run a 150-foot race against other similarly bound contestants. Entwined runners only get a single move action each round. The runners can move together at half speed (using the slowest runner’s speed) with no skill check, at full speed with a DC 10 Acrobatics check or at double speed with a DC 15 Acrobatics check from both.

Greased Pig: The sickly-looking pig you saw is brought into an enclosure and slathered liberally in slippery grease before it's handlers tie the end of the rope around its neck to a post. Three contestants enter the ring and the pig is released from its rope. The contestants then scramble to be the first to catch the pig and pin it to the ground.

Perception_15:
The pig not only seems kind of sickly, but almost seems drugged in the way it stumbles and weaves about.

Heal_or_KN_Nature_20:
The pig definitely acts like it might be drugged or even poisoned. You can point this out to the organizers.


DM Ninja/infinite

After the contests, the Founder's Feast is served. Among the usual fare of whole fresh greens, roasted pig, and freshbaked breads, the feast’s more unusual offerings include the following:

Black Mushrooms: extremely delicious, with an unusual flavor.

Flayleaf Salad: These serated edged leaves, tossed in a malt vinegar, have a bitter and biting flavor.

Fried Silkworms: large Mushfen silkworm pupae served on wooden platters. These crispy, deep-fried insects are served with a small dish of ground caraway seeds and salt, and have a crunchy, chewy texture.

Smoked Tick Legs: The hard, chitinous legs of giant ticks are smoked first, then boiled. Served steaming hot, villagers use small, two-pronged forks to tear apart the outer shell to get at the soft meat inside, much like boiled crabs served in coastal communities. The flavor is decidedly loamy and gamey.

Stirge Blood Sausage: Ravenmoor’s most popular delicacy is the specially prepared blood sacks of stirges. The engorged creatures are plucked fresh from blood-drained oxen and their abdomens pinched and twisted off. These casings are stuffed with spices and rye berries and then boiled; the blood, grains, and spices congeal, forming a briny sausage that is disturbingly delicious.


DM Ninja/infinite

After the meal is served and everyone begins eating, Mayor Kriegler gains everyone’s attention as three families present their beautiful teenage daughters to the feasters. Each is dressed in white silk robes with intricately braided hair decorated with garlands of local flowers. Each girl takes a turn visiting family pavilions and tables, and recounting the rehearsed story of Ravenmoor’s founding.

If any of the PCs choose to join the contest, they are given the same white silk robes and have their hair dressed much like the girls. they are also given a sheet of paper with the story of the founding of Ravenmoor written on it so they can recite it as well.

The_Founding_of_Ravenmoor:

Ravenmoor was founded during the initial burst of Chelish colonialism that saw the birth of much larger cities like Magnimar, Korvosa, and Riddleport. Yet where those cities flourished, Ravenmoor never progressed far beyond its rural beginnings, for in the early years the town was ravaged by what appeared to be a supernatural blight. With the villagers close to starvation, the town’s founder, a priestess of Desna named Iola Kriegler, decided to undertake a sort of vision quest to seek a solution to her village’s problems. There she received visions of a ritual that would ensure good harvests.

Accompanied by two human druid advisors, Iola returned to Ravenmoor strangely changed. But while her flock worried about her, they could not dispute the miracles she worked, and the harvest that year and every year since has yielded enough bounty to keep the villagers well provided and safe. Since that time her descendents have guided Ravenmoor according to the visions she received.


DM Ninja/infinite

Just a note, the group will be seated together at one table. The mayor's house has six unused bedrooms, so if anyone wishes to share, all of you can stay there.

You can also camp in the field where the fesival was held, though the mayor will be dissapointed.

Int_check_15:
It looks like the house was built for a much larger family, but it's been a while since the upper rooms were used.

Oh, and has anyone seen Ryu since you got here? He's not at the dinner.


{HP 16/36 | AC13 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/6/4 | Inish +3, Per +9}Female Elf Ranger (Urban Ranger) 3 / Wizard (Foreteller) 3

Operating under the assumption Alkaid and Kaddoc come to us.

"So what did you find out at the mayor's?"

Rolls:

Rolled 'em, but realized afterwards not quite at that point in the RP yet, and really didn't wanna risk losing the rolls, lol. Hope that's okay.
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Knowledge (Nature): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22


HP: 31/31 Saves: +5,+5,+5, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 2

@Sparrow Seacutter
in her normal voice
"He was here, but left apparently"
she then whispers"The mayor's hiding something, let's question the locals"


{HP 16/36 | AC13 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/6/4 | Inish +3, Per +9}Female Elf Ranger (Urban Ranger) 3 / Wizard (Foreteller) 3

Sparrow whispers back, "Agreed". She then let's out a sigh, "Well, what can you do, I suppose. If were here, might as well join in the festival. Guess I'll wander around, see what kind of things they do here. Who's with me?"


HP 36/19 | AC:22/16/16 CMD:21 | F:4 R:3 W:5 | I: +4 P: +7

I'll go, but only if you can catch that greased pig Sparrow. Shouldn't be too hard, looks like it's been drugged or something.

rolls:

Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Intelligence 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


{HP 16/36 | AC13 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/6/4 | Inish +3, Per +9}Female Elf Ranger (Urban Ranger) 3 / Wizard (Foreteller) 3

Sparrow gives Cilyanka a big grin as she cracks her knuckles. "That little porker better watch out. Greased or not, he's mine. You gonna try any of the events out Cilyanka?"


HP: 31/31 Saves: +5,+5,+5, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 2

Int (On manor): 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16
Heal: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

"That pig look drugged."

Wis: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
she whispers to Sparrow "It could be that piggy was drugged to test our skill."


Half-Orc, hp 43/49, DR 1/-, AC 18, (T12/FF16), Init +4, Perc +6. F+5/R+2/W+3
Tracking:
Rage: 10/10, 1st: 5/5

As Kaddoc is lame, he will not be participating in the games.

"The Mayor mentioned that Elias also spoke with a couple of the merchants, Lupescus and Alzina. They might be worth speaking to. Also, he mentioned one, Skender Cardzi. He's the ferry man and would know if and when the taxman left. I think we should try to talk to these folks during the festivities. They might have their guard down somewhat."


AC:16|16|14 - F:+4|R:+6|W:+5 - Per:+9 Init:+3

The gnome whiffs the air, as if something smells off about the town. "I think joining in the festivities and chatting with these good folks may pay off. I think I'll take up the mayor's generous offer of housing as well. Don't want to appear unfriendly. I suggest, where we need to explain ourselves, that we are trying to locate this possibly corrupt tax collector."

Straehan sighs and decides to provide the comic relief that may endear him with some of the tall locals and especially their children. Give them what they expect and they'll never look for more. To that end, he 'happily' volunteers for the Dreamer's Leap. Barely clearing the fire, he makes a show of stamping out his singed robe.

Perception DC:15 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Heal DC:20 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
INT Check DC:15 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

Acrobatics (Dreamer's Leap) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Strae's basic tactic will be to keep his ears open, appear harmless, and quiz the local kids subtly when he has a chance.


{HP 16/36 | AC13 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/6/4 | Inish +3, Per +9}Female Elf Ranger (Urban Ranger) 3 / Wizard (Foreteller) 3
Cilyanka Caumlo wrote:

I'll go, but only if you can catch that greased pig Sparrow. Shouldn't be too hard, looks like it's been drugged or something.

** spoiler omitted **

Alkaid wrote:

[dice=Int (On manor)]1d20+0

[dice=Heal]1d20+2
[dice=Perception]1d20+8

"That pig look drugged."

[dice=Wis]1d20+2
she whispers to Sparrow "It could be that piggy was drugged to test our skill."

"I'm gonna find out what's going on about it. It's not any fun if it ain't hard. I'll meet ya back at the mayor's around dinnertime." Sparrow will head to the Greased Pig event and find out who's in charge. Whoever wants to come along, feel free.

"Hey there, that pig doesn't look too good. I've hunted enough of it's bigger, meaner cousins to know a thing or too about it. Wobbling like that, looks like it got itself into something bad. Mind if I take a look?"

Sparrow's goal is to have a good time. If something suspicious comes up, she'll probably look into it though.


DM Ninja/infinite

As Sparrow comments on the pig's condition, the handlers turn to look at it.

One of them says "Oh, $#%&, it is sick. Get it out of here."

As he steps in to remove it, it panics, running blindly around the pen before suddenly collapsing. As it drops, seemingly expiring from fright and exertion, its body shudders, then undergos a horrific transformation.

An additional pair of legs sprouts from its body and its eyes turn pitch black with no visible whites, while a number of flytraplike jaws, one large enough to snap and bite at foes, sprout from its back.

It immediately attacks the handler, but unsteady in it's new form it misses, allowing him to scramble to safety. What now?

Assuming you attack:

Alkaid Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Brindolfin Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Cilyanka Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Kaddoc Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Sparrow Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Straehan Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
monster of the day Initiative: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (14) + 0 = 14


{HP 16/36 | AC13 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/6/4 | Inish +3, Per +9}Female Elf Ranger (Urban Ranger) 3 / Wizard (Foreteller) 3

"S@&+, this is a bit more challenge than I was hoping for."


DM Ninja/infinite

FYI:

Saul Lupescu, owner of the town trading post and forge, is the person in charge of the Falling Stars event. He's carrying a box containing 6 old, rusty starknives.

Alzina, a stooped old crone with a quick smile, is the towmsperson responsible for the specialty items on tonight's menu.

The ferryman, Skender Cardzi, is a crooked-backed, thin-haired man with an abrasive personality.

1,001 to 1,050 of 2,177 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The_Ninja_DM's RotRL Anniversary Special All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.