Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RotRL Gestalt Anniversary Special

Game Master Spiral_Ninja

A gestalt AE Rise of the Runelords.Thistletop L1; Thistletop level 2, Thistletop level 3


851 to 900 of 2,249 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>

HP 41/19 | AC:26/17/18 CMD:24 | F:7 R:4 W:8 | I: +4 P: +8

With a melancholly expression, Cilyanka will take a place in the rear of the wagon, sitting and staring at her blade as a tear treks down the side of her face.

I shouldn't have bought the darned wagon, Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!


Half-Orc, hp 55/61, DR 2/-, AC 18, (T12/FF16), Init +4, Perc +6. F+5/R+2/W+3
Tracking:
Rage: 10/10, 1st: 5/5

Kaddoc helps with the foraging, though not particularly proficient at it.

Survival:1d20 ⇒ 19
Survival:1d20 ⇒ 6
Survival:1d20 ⇒ 14

He also uses his magic to provide water and help with the food. (liberal uses of Create Water and Purify food and drink)


DM Ninja/infinite

@Biter: Shalelu smiles, amused. "I'll keep that in mind, Biter."

The first half of the trip, as far as Galduria, passes quickly and with no difficulties. Except for a few issues with plants and edibility.

In Galduria when you ask around, no one remembers a human male matching Elias' description, but they can give you directions to Ravenmoor and a warning of bandits on the path to Wolf's Ear. Your informant will also note that if the man you are seeking was headed to Ravenmoor, he would have stopped there as well.

Shalelu says "Wolf's Ear is as far as I can travel with you. I have business in Viperwall. I'll help you gather any information they might have before leaving you."

Before you leave, though, you are approached by the local brewer. He says "If you folks are headed north, could you do me a favor? My crew is nervous about the reports of bandits, not that we've had problems before, and I have a minor delivery to make. There's a hermit about 2 days travel out of town, a halfling named Carum Half-hand. I have a cask of wine for him. I'll pay you folks a bottle each of your choice of drink to deliver it."


"Given my body weight, I get two bottes of my choice? I don't think you have giant-sized bottles."


HP 41/19 | AC:26/17/18 CMD:24 | F:7 R:4 W:8 | I: +4 P: +8

You can have my bottle Brindolfin. I'm not into wine anyways, it just never seems to agree with me and look at what it does to some people. Would not want to start putting weight on.


DM Ninja/infinite

The man takes everyone's orders and you set off.

The trip is easy, considering the reports of bandits. Maybe the size of your group is scaring them off.

As you approach it, the smell of woodsmoke stirs around a small stone cottage crouched by the roadside up ahead. While ivy grows wild over the low, tumbled stone walls that surround it, the roof boasts a mixture of old shingles and new. A welltended garden occupies nearly half of the yard.

With a scrape of wood on stone, the slightly warped front door swings open. A broadfaced halfling casts a sharp look at the hinges before smiling in your direction. The smell of a cooking fire blends with the savory aroma of a meal being prepared inside. With a hand possessed of only two fingers and a thumb the graying halfling throws you a welcoming wave.

“Hail, strangers. Rest awhile and help break an old chap’s boredom.”


HP: 31/31 Saves: +6,+6,+6, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 4
Brindolfin Cloudcap wrote:
"Given my body weight, I get two bottes of my choice? I don't think you have giant-sized bottles."

"If you want mine, Brindolfin. You can have it. As I'm still burning off the all extra fat the Black Jack added."

Her Thoughts:
No more booze for now. As today thanks to all that extra exercising I did, I can start wearing my pants again instead of just skirts, and my bust bodice is not as tight anymore.

The_Ninja_DM wrote:

The man takes everyone's orders and you set off.

The trip is easy, considering the reports of bandits. Maybe the size of your group is scaring them off.

As you approach it, the smell of woodsmoke stirs around a small stone cottage crouched by the roadside up ahead. While ivy grows wild over the low, tumbled stone walls that surround it, the roof boasts a mixture of old shingles and new. A well tended garden occupies nearly half of the yard.

With a scrape of wood on stone, the slightly warped front door swings open. A broad faced halfling casts a sharp look at the hinges before smiling in your direction. The smell of a cooking fire blends with the savory aroma of a meal being prepared inside. With a hand possessed of only two fingers and a thumb the graying halfling throws you a welcoming wave.

“Hail, strangers. Rest awhile and help break an old chap’s boredom.”

"Well he looks like a pleasant fellow?"


DM Ninja/infinite

Once you explain why you're here he looks relieved and grateful. "Thank you, good people, for doing this. So many folks have been nervous about this route due to that miserable bandit gang!"

He struggles to get the cask down from the wagon. "Why don't you folks let me fix you a meal as my thanks for this delivery."


Biter continues to sit on the edge of the wagon, gray legs swinging. "Halfing-Hand is'ing to beginning repaying Biter's group by telling what Halfing-Hand is'ing to know about those bandits." His head cocks to the side in curiosity, "And how is'ing Halfing-Hand notting to be attacked if'ing bandits are to being such a problem?"


DM Ninja/infinite

"I'd be happy to tell you all I know."

He looks nervous. "I..." He holds up his injured hand."I came here after tangling with the wrong people in Riddleport. I thought I was safe. But the new leader of this band -he calls himself Hedrun Tul- he knew me and threatened...he wants me to set up signals when people go through so they can rob them. Otherwise he'll tell them where I am. Please, help me!"


HP 41/19 | AC:26/17/18 CMD:24 | F:7 R:4 W:8 | I: +4 P: +8

Sitting in the back of the wagon, where she has sat silently holding her sword for most of the journey, Cilyanka's hand begins to turn white where she is gripping the pommel too hard. Without looking up she answers the halfling:

I have an idea.

You could send up your signal when we pass through. Let them think they are ambushing helpless travelers. Only this time, we won't be quite so helpless.


DM Ninja/infinite

"That could work. I also followed them the other day and I know a back way to their camp as well." He looks slightly more cheerful.


Biter hops down off the wagon, shaking his head at the halfling's suggestion. "Biter is'ing to liking Dhegaan'Duuc's idea. Halfing-Hand is'ing to showing Biter and group where pounc'ing is'ing to happening, then is'ing to signal long-legs bandits to come." He gives a grin, "Biter and group is'ing to pounce pouncers!"


"Get me as close to them as you can; I'll make 'em pay."

A huge sword of energy appears in Brin's hand.


HP: 31/31 Saves: +6,+6,+6, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 4

"Sounds like those wolves need a beating and the sheep need a shepard."


Half-Orc, hp 55/61, DR 2/-, AC 18, (T12/FF16), Init +4, Perc +6. F+5/R+2/W+3
Tracking:
Rage: 10/10, 1st: 5/5

"Sounds like a good plan, we'll have to have the scouts sweeping out, so we can catch them unawares."


DM Ninja/infinite

I'll send the signal, then. Do be careful. I'd never forgive myself if you...are you sure you don't want to just sneak up on them?"


Biter scrunches his face, "Halfing-Hand is'ing to seem pretty intent to getting the group to being hitting the pouncers in camp... why?"

Sense Motive (to see if he has an alterior motive) 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14.


DM Ninja/infinite

"I just thought sneaking up might be easier. I...tend to think that way. I'm not really built for direct combat.


HP: 31/31 Saves: +6,+6,+6, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 4

"So who'll take what positions in this little operation?"


HP 41/19 | AC:26/17/18 CMD:24 | F:7 R:4 W:8 | I: +4 P: +8

Hopping down from where she has been sitting,Cilyanka says I would like to walk beside the wagon. I won't do much good riding in the back.


DM Ninja/infinite

Biter:
You don't detect an ulterior motive


"I will alternate between walking and riding."


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 Sense Motive

Ryu was too worried about leaving his sisters behind and what Tsuto may do meanwhile, not to mention what Lonjiku planned for him, and what kind of bride he would find for Ryu. Thus Ryu didn't interact much with the others since the journey began, and was only half present and half away in mind. He had no trouble with his hand or a headache lately, so he was able to rest a bit despite his worries.

He wanders after Biter and hears how the halfling talks about the bandits, but isn't sensing anything at all from the halfling's speech in his current condition. "We could always go and just ambush them in their own camp, less likely they expect that than an armed escort for a wagon." He mentions this then moves back to the wagon again.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20 Stealth

As the discussion goes on about what to do he wanders off to the backside of the wagon, to the right of it off the road. He thinks this would be an ideal position to watch the right side of the wagon as they travel, so they avoid getting surprised from that flank.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 Perception

He looks around, checking out the near location of the wagon and the house of the halfling.


{HP 16/36 | AC13 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/6/4 | Inish +5, Per +9}Female Elf Ranger (Urban Ranger) 3 / Wizard (Foreteller) 3

"I think I'd prefer riding myself. Or scout ahead."


DM Ninja/infinite

Sorry about the long delay

Once everyone is set, Corum walks back into this house and you see greenish-grey colored smoke start to rise from the chimney.

He looks back out and says "Good luck. Please be careful. I'll be here with the door locked for safety."

As he turns to go back in, he stops, as if struck by an idea. "Even if you take them in this ambush, it might be wise to check their base as well. I'm sure there's a reward for the return of identifiable loot."


Biter watches the halfling disappear into his house with a scowl, then turns back the group. "Grouping can making own decisions for pouncing pouncers, but Biter is'ing to liking the idea of drawing them into ambush point." He gives an intent look to the heavier of hte group's members, "Some'ing of the group is'ing to be loud'ing as a broken-eared cow. Is'ign to be hard to sneak up on a camp with any kindings of good looking-outs with that. If'ing group is'ing to set ambushings, group is'ing able to really take time necessary to hide'ing as good as possible before long-legs pouncers arrive." He shrugs, "Then the bait'ing group is'ing to draw long-legs pouncers into trap. But Biter is'ing open to hitting their camp... Biter ising quiet enough to making it work."

I figure if we set an ambush, we can give the heavies time to take 20 on their stealth checks, then have the halfing give the signal. Then, when the bandits arrive, we ambush them. If people would rather hit the camp, that's fine, too.


HP 41/19 | AC:26/17/18 CMD:24 | F:7 R:4 W:8 | I: +4 P: +8

I'm fairly certain the colored smoke is the signal


Oh, good call. in that case, what do you guys think about setting the ambush up right here? If the bandits sit at their ambush site for a while with no one coming through, surely they will then come to the halfling's place to find out what's going on. Then we jump them! :D


{HP 16/36 | AC13 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/6/4 | Inish +5, Per +9}Female Elf Ranger (Urban Ranger) 3 / Wizard (Foreteller) 3

I love that idea! They may be suspicious though, which might hurt us.


HP: 31/31 Saves: +6,+6,+6, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 4

Let's keep the OOC talk to the Discussion thread


HP: 31/31 Saves: +6,+6,+6, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 4

she thinks to herself"Colored smoke, well that's easy to spot."


The halfgiant looks approvingly at Biter,
"We hide the noisy big hitters behind cover and keep them still till the ambush is sprung."


DM Ninja/infinite

"I sent the signal. Aren't you ready to move out?" He looks a bit worried.


HP: 31/31 Saves: +6,+6,+6, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 4

She moves out with the group.


Relishing some action, Brin moves out.


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 Stealth

As the wagon and the group continues to move Ryu after a moment of deliberation continues to follow it from the right side of the road instead of going back to the wagon. This way he has a chance to ambush the ambushers.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 Perception


HP 41/19 | AC:26/17/18 CMD:24 | F:7 R:4 W:8 | I: +4 P: +8

Walking beside the wagon Cilyanka's mind races. I can do this, I'm not 12 years old anymore. This time will be different. This time I can fight back

Appearing agitated, she mutters under her breath, tracing runes of dark fire in the air as she walks.

Mage Armor

This time WILL be different. In her hand, the black blade grows cold, seeminly anticipating the coming conflict.


AC:16|16|14 - F:+4|R:+6|W:+5 - Per:+9 Init:+3

Realizing someone has to bait the trap and that his small stature might make him look like easy prey, Straehan takes the reins after casting a quick spell.

He hitches a thumb at the roadway, "Everyone who doesn't want to be a sacrificial lamb... off the cart."

Once the ambushers have left the wagon, the gnome begins whistling as he drives the rumbling cart forward... just a hapless merchant with a load of goods.

Cast Mage Armor

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20 keeping his eyes open for ambushers

Status:
HP: 18 / 18 | AC:22
Flare (1):
Prestidigitation (1):
Dancing Lights (1):

Elemental Ray (6):
Elemental Fist (1):
Produce Flame (1):

1st Spells (4): x
Spell Effects: Mage Armor

Other Effects: None


DM Ninja/infinite

After about an hour, as the group heads down the road, keeping eyes and ears open, you think you spot a second colum of that grey-green smoke rising ahead.

On the alert, none of you are surprised when the still calm of the woods is broken by the sharp snap of a tree limb on the hill ahead. The sound is quickly followed by several more as some of the treetops begin shaking. Suddenly a large, gray boulder preceded by a wash of stones and other debris tumble downward. A flurry of bolts adds a hardly noticeable whistle to the din. Combat is on!

Alkaid Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Biter Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Brindolfin Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Cilyanka Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Kaddoc Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Ryu Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Sparrow Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Straehan Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
bandits Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
bandit leader initative: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5

Round 1:
Kaddoc
bandits
Straehan
Sparrow
Cilyanka
Alkaid
Biter
Brindolfin
Ryu
bandit leader

Warned of the ambush and prepared for the trap, you avoid taking damage, but the triggered rockslide makes the terrain difficult.


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9

Ryu looks for their leader trying to identify which of them it is when he hears Strae's words, Ryu believes it is too late to try to play as the group is just a one-person party as he thinks those who didn't hide until now have already been counted for.

For a moment a flash of worry about Cilyanka in the wagon appears in his mind but then quickly dismisses it as harmful distraction. He decides to go on with his initial plan of sneaking along the right of the road to ambush the ambushers. Now that they will be distracted by Strae and those who may leave the wagon it should be easier.


Half-Orc, hp 55/61, DR 2/-, AC 18, (T12/FF16), Init +4, Perc +6. F+5/R+2/W+3
Tracking:
Rage: 10/10, 1st: 5/5

Kaddoc casts Bless. +1 to att and fear saves to everyone for 10 rounds

Bless:
School enchantment (compulsion) [mind-affecting]; Level cleric 1, paladin 1
Casting Time 1 standard action
Components V, S, DF
Range 50 ft.
Area The caster and all allies within a 50-ft. burst, centered on the caster
Duration 1 min./level
Saving Throw none; Spell Resistance yes (harmless)
Bless fills your allies with courage. Each ally gains a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects.

He moves towards where the bolts were fired from.

"I smell the blood of weaklings and cowards!!"


DM Ninja/infinite

The first volly of arrows seemed to be a warning, striking mainly the wagon. The second, however...

Several of the bandits continue to fire crossbows at the group.

bandit_1_vs_Kaddoc: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

bandit_2_vs_Straehan: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

bandit_3_vs_Cilyanka: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

bandit_4_vs_Brindofin: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

And misses all around.

The rest move to enter melee combat, waiting until their companions have fired before doing so.


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9

I assume those who are in the wagon have/had some cover bonus? Can we identify by now who their leader is?


DM Ninja/infinite

Yes.


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9

Ryu looks at the person commanding the bandits, carefully memorizing its position and movement.

Please describe the leader


{HP 16/36 | AC13 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/6/4 | Inish +5, Per +9}Female Elf Ranger (Urban Ranger) 3 / Wizard (Foreteller) 3

Sparrow moves to cover before returning fire to the bandit archers.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 1 = 11
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 7


DM Ninja/infinite

The leader of the group is a tough-looking half-orc who is currently charging up to Brindofin.

"You clowns handle the wusses. I'll get this one!"


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9

Can I get to attack it with a sneaky before he reaches Brin? Ofc Brin acts first so the leader may not even live by then...


DM Ninja/infinite

Yep, Brin goes before him. But if there's anything left, you also go before him. Lots of str, no dex. That's what happens when the leader rules by fear. He has to be the toughest and take on the [seemingly] toughest oppponents.

crit_confirm: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

No crit. Damage, however...

heavy_crossbow: 1d10 ⇒ 3

...not as bad as it could have been.

851 to 900 of 2,249 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The_Ninja_DM's RotRL Anniversary Special All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.