Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RotRL Gestalt Anniversary Special

Game Master Spiral_Ninja

A gestalt AE Rise of the Runelords.Thistletop L1; Thistletop level 2, Thistletop level 3


801 to 850 of 2,269 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>

DM Ninja/infinite

As you all sort through Das' forge you hear Ruby bark and look out to see a young-looking elven woman kneeling down to pet her. She looks up to see Straehan watching her and says "I understand you are heading out to Ravenmoor. Allow me to act as your guide, at least part way. Perhaps I can help you with this lovely creature while we travel."

She stands up and dusts off her hands. "Oh, and for those who are new to Sandpoint, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Shalelu Andosana."


in the distance you hear some thing and it's getting closer
"One-sama."


DM Ninja/infinite

At the sound, the elven woman's face lights up and she gives an exagerated sigh and braces herself for an impact.


you all see Mai coming in from the distance and she stops just before Shalelu and hugs her.
"Onee-sama, your back, I was worried when you'd show up again as you tend to disappear for months at a time."


DM Ninja/infinite

I'm fine, Chīsana ichi. Once I've made arrangements I may be leaving again with these folks, but for now, we can talk."


"So what new things did you find out in the world, as I'm pretty much stuck here."


{HP 16/36 | AC13 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/6/4 | Inish +5, Per +9}Female Elf Ranger (Urban Ranger) 3 / Wizard (Foreteller) 3

Let's see what I know on Shalelu.

Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13


DM Ninja/infinite

Sparrow:
While Shaleleu is something of a mystery to most of Sandpoint, she is one of it's most admired defenders. She doesn't actually live in town, though she did place her orphaned niece with a local family. When she is in town she usually stays at the Rusty Dragon (reportedly for free) due to her friendship with Ameiko. She's known as a loner, prefering to spend her time wandering and exploring the wilderness aroud Sandpoint. She'll periodically vanish for weeks or months at a time, visiting friends elsewhere in Varisia, but she always returns to Sandpoint, often saying 'Someone's got to keep an eye on all of you.' Her reports on goblin and bandit activities have saved the town and travelers many times. Recently her trips have lasted longer as Sheriff Hemlock and his militia have taked a more active roll in guarding the town and the local area.


DM Ninja/infinite

Shalelu chuckles at Mai's excited querys. "Let me get settled in, Mai. Once I've worked things out with these adventurers I'll be in my usual room. We can have dinner and chat all you want."

She turns to the group. "I have business in Galduria, so I can accompany you at least that far. I've never been to Ravenmoor myself but I can tell you about the area."

She smiles down at Ruby. "I'd be happy to help you train her, or, if you don't want to bring her along just yet, reccommend someone here who can help. Mai could keep an eye on her while you were gone, I'm sure."


AC:16|16|14 - F:+4|R:+6|W:+5 - Per:+9 Init:+3

Apologies on the late response. I posted this last night but it seems to have vanished.

The_Ninja_DM wrote:

As you all sort through Das' forge you hear Ruby bark and look out to see a young-looking elven woman kneeling down to pet her. She looks up to see Straehan watching her and says "I understand you are heading out to Ravenmoor. Allow me to act as your guide, at least part way. Perhaps I can help you with this lovely creature while we travel."

She stands up and dusts off her hands. "Oh, and for those who are new to Sandpoint, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Shalelu Andosana."

"A pleasure Miss, I'm Straehan." He cocks his head to one side, curious at her offer, "Do you have a talent for training animals, Miss Andosana? I'd like to be able to ride Ruby here, if she'll have me. What is your price?"


DM Ninja/infinite

Shalelu smiles. "I'm familar with animals and their training, yes."

She studies Ruby and Straehan. "I beleive she should be able to support you, though you'll need a saddle. As for payment? Let me travel with you for a bit. I'd like to get to know the group that solved several of Sandpoint's mysteries. Ameiko can vouch for me, if you desire."

A brief look of sadness crosses her face. "I knew Natsu of course. Poor, poor woman. And I'd also met simon several times. he'd asked me to help him train ruby so he could surprise his father with his skills. I wish I'd been here..."

She steps past the group to the door of the forge. "Let me speak to Das privately and I'll join you all afterwards at the Dragon. My treat. Mai, let Ameiko know I'm heading that way, please."


"Even I can vouch for onee-sama"


AC:16|16|14 - F:+4|R:+6|W:+5 - Per:+9 Init:+3

Strae smiles. "References aren't needed Miss Andosana... and since I'm new in town, I'd just be asking unfamiliar people about more unfamiliar people. I'll trust my instincts and Ruby's nose and accept your kind offer. Thank you." He leans against the massive hound, speaking as to an equal. "Ruby? Shall we go see about getting you kitted out with a saddle, bags, and food?"

Leaving the decision to the dog, Straehan nods to his companions, "I'll see you good folks, later." and ambles off in search of supplies.

Spiral - feel free to fast-forward over this bit. Just let me know what Straehan can and can't get done, cost, etc. If Ruby needs to stay in town as opposed to going with us tomorrow, that is fine.


AC:13|12|11 - F:+5|R:+5|W:+1 - Per:+8 Init:+2

Ruby watches the gnome briefly before yawning, shaking her head vigorously to dislodge some earwax, and plunking her sizable rear down on the ground - clearly content to stay put.

1d2 ⇒ 2 Go/Stay


AC:16|16|14 - F:+4|R:+6|W:+5 - Per:+9 Init:+3

Strae glances over his shoulder at the decided dog. "Fine. I'll see you later as well. Don't complain to me if your saddle is too tight."


{HP 16/36 | AC13 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/6/4 | Inish +5, Per +9}Female Elf Ranger (Urban Ranger) 3 / Wizard (Foreteller) 3

"Thanks for taking the time to come with us, Shalelu, even if only a short while."

I'm ready to head out as well.


HP: 31/31 Saves: +6,+6,+6, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 4

Alkaid comes out of Das' forge with a smile
"Well, I got a lucky find in there, a pair of masterfully made Cold Iron Cestus, from the Lands of the Linnorm Kings.
Looks like the bartering system still pays off."

to help with the deal she traded in her old cestus

GM:
I wonder if Shalelu will comment on how Alkaid, out curves her niece, and Mai out curves almost all of the women in Sandpoint.


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9

Ryu finds an interesting armor in a corner of the backroom, as it is made of black leather and leafs it is most likely it was once traded in for something else. "I will be taking this darkleaf armor shirt then Das, I don't know where you got this from but it is a real beauty and weights almost nothing." He looks at the new arrival and nods at her, he doesn't want to disturb a family reunion, and has other things to do anyway.

"I am going to sis then myself, and prepare for tomorrow, let's meet on the main square tomorrow morning." Ryu leaves

I also traded in my old armor and some other stuff for it


The large half-giant appraises the elf. Given the way she handled herself and the respect the others accorded her. Brin decided he could barely take two Shalelus as long as the fight was indoors.

He tips his head respectfully and approaches the elf. "Ma'am, as you probably know these lands much better than me, I am looking for a Varisian woman known to visit Sandpoint with strong mental powers. The term for her would be a a Wilder and her powers were spurred by her emotions and emotional events. Unfortunately I know very little else about her."


DM Ninja/infinite

"You might want to speak with Madame Niska. She's the oldest Varisian I know and she's been a resident of Sandpoint since it's founding. If she doesn't know she will definitely have contacts who do.


DM Ninja/infinite

Alkaid:
In my experience, the only reason one woman comments on another's 'curves' is to imply fat or fake.


HP: 31/31 Saves: +6,+6,+6, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 4

GM:
true, forgot about that part of the equation, that and I posted that when I was falling asleep at work.


DM Ninja/infinite

Straehan:
As you get past a certain point, Ruby jumps up and follows you. You can talk with Shalelu and she will agree to help you train her and to show yo how to do it, but suggests that Ruby stay in town this time, with something to remind her of you.

After a hearty meal, during which you all tell her and the crowd at the Dragon about your adventure, Shalelu will agree to meet you tomorrow morning to set out.

The next morning she meets you at the town square where Cilyanka is waiting with the wagon. Shalelu checks your preparations survival: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29and seems to approve.


AC:16|16|14 - F:+4|R:+6|W:+5 - Per:+9 Init:+3

The Night Before...

Apparently, saddling a dog is like herding cats - a more time consuming endeavor than one might imagine. Strae returns to the Dragon in time for dinner and the telling of tales with little to show for his efforts. Ruby, it appears, will have to sit out this adventure but the gnome managed to secure her lodgings during his absence.

Introspective, Strae says little as the evening wears on, content to leave the story-telling to the others. Eventually, he wanders off to his room with Ruby in tow. At some dark hour, Strae is roused by the clever dog poorly sneaking up onto the bed. After a brief, half-asleep debate with himself, he lets the massive dog bed down next to him figuring its a good pack-bonding exercise.

By Dawn's Light..

The next morning, Strae is startled awake by Ruby's snoring and a massive paw crushing him into the bed. The gnome crawls from beneath the weight and takes a few minutes to splash his face with water. He works on his tangled hair briefly while watching his new pack-mate. Ruby's face sticks out from beneath the blanket, her eyes regarding him quietly.

"When I get back we're going to have to discuss you hogging the covers, my girl."

Some Minutes Later...

Having dropped Ruby off at her home-away-from-home with their shared blanket as a reminder of him, Strae makes his way out to the town square. He is relieved to see that Cilyanka has a wagon.

Good! I won't be slowing these tall folks down and I won't have to ride piggy-back.

The Sorcerer lofts his small pack into the wagon and gives a good morning nod to one and all. Not sure of the protocols observed by humans regarding their conveyances and judging from his one ship-board experience, Strae errs on the side of caution. He fires a friendly wave to Cilyanka, "Permission to climb aboard your delightful vessel, Lady Captain?"

R's Stealth 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
S's Perception 1d20 + 8 - 10 ⇒ (14) + 8 - 10 = 12 asleep


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9

GM:
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26 Diplo 1
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28 Diplo 2


HP 41/19 | AC:26/17/18 CMD:24 | F:7 R:4 W:8 | I: +4 P: +8

Waving at Straehan, Cilyanka says Of course you can come up. Did you think I was going to make you walk all the way to Ravenmoor. Seriously, just because we have to travel halfway across Varissia does not mean we have to kill ourselves in the process.

Cilyanka pats the seat next to where she is sitting. I'm not very good at this, I've not sat in the riders seat in a long time. Suddenly her expression darkens, I've not ridden a wagon since the day my family was murdered.

Suddenly silent, Cilyanka passes the reigns to Straehan. Maybe it would be best if you handled the reigns for a short while. I don't seem to feel well at the moment.


DM Ninja/infinite

Ameiko arrives and after looking around falls into a conversation with Shalelu. She seems to be waiting for someone, an impression confimed when Ryu arrives, accompanied by Amaya, who seems to be lecturing him. (In a good way.)

She's carrying a large book that she seems to be referring to, which she then hands to Ryu. "When you get back I'll have you go over that with Father. Once you understand and can describe the steps, he'll be happy to start training you in actual glassblowing himself."

She looks at Ryu with affection. "Take care."

Ameiko, too, comes up to say goodbye. Both women look like they'd love to give Ryu a hug, but are afraid of embarrasing him.


AC:16|16|14 - F:+4|R:+6|W:+5 - Per:+9 Init:+3
Cilyanka Caumlo wrote:

Cilyanka pats the seat next to where she is sitting. I'm not very good at this, I've not sat in the riders seat in a long time. Suddenly her expression darkens, I've not ridden a wagon since the day my family was murdered.

Suddenly silent, Cilyanka passes the reigns to Straehan. Maybe it would be best if you handled the reigns for a short while. I don't seem to feel well at the moment.

At the word murder, Strae hesitates briefly in his climb onto the wagon. He slides into the seat, takes the reins without comment as he familiarizes himself with the wagon's break, chokes up on the reins, and makes sure everything is secured. After a moment, he leans over to Cilyanka and says quietly, "Sorry to hear that. If you want to talk about it, my ears work well."


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9

1d2 ⇒ 2 Ryu makes a mental coin-toss

As Ryu wasn't able to spend too much time with his sisters, and came here to find a family to begin with, he decides its better to look silly or childish for once and hugs them himself. "Be careful Amaya, now it is you alone in that manor. Ameiko, please check on her and the kids often, and watch out for Tsuto. Father exaggerates often but he said Tsuto is up to something, and I trust his senses if it comes to things like this. I don't say he wants to do something bad, but whatever it is could still result in a catastrophe." With his own family present, he doesn't hear the others talking about preparations, or the story of Cilyanka.

Ryu places the huge book in his backpack with a sigh, it is obvious it won't be entertaining for him to read it. He also checks the content of the backpack one last time, then begins to equip his new armor with the help of Ameiko.

He then turns to Ameiko and Amaya a last time. "I met Master Ignatius on my way here, if you didn't see him yet he's a kind old man in red and black robes with a staff. I told him where I am going, and suggested the Dragon as the inn of choice. If you see him wander around or he asks for help please give him directions or give advice."

Ryu tries to find the woman who gave the mission but can't see her. "Also, please watch that bureaucrat sis, not that she disappears or something."


"It appears we are traveling in style."


Half-Orc, hp 55/61, DR 2/-, AC 18, (T12/FF16), Init +4, Perc +6. F+5/R+2/W+3
Tracking:
Rage: 10/10, 1st: 5/5

"In 'style', indeed my large friend."

A horse, a horse, my kingdom for a horse....but I guess a mwk weapon will have to do.


{HP 16/36 | AC13 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/6/4 | Inish +5, Per +9}Female Elf Ranger (Urban Ranger) 3 / Wizard (Foreteller) 3

Sparrow arrives, once again appearing as though she just recently awoke. Seeing the wagon, she comes over and climbs in, mumbling a greeting to everyone before pulling out her own spellbook and engrossing herself in study. She keeps her bow propped up next to her as she reads.


DM Ninja/infinite

As you are preparing to leave, Jeminda Anikee arrives, panting and looking like she'd overslept. "Thank you all for agreeing to help me and Magnimar in this. Please take care. I know you'll succeed."


Before jumping in,"With my gear I count as two people. Will this wagon hold me?"

Brin looks skeptically at the wagon and its construction.
I am no dwarf, so I have no idea.


DM Ninja/infinite

"Perhaps the best route would be for all of us to take turns riding and driving. Does anyone else have experience in handling a team?" asks Shalelu. "That way those of us walking can act as scouts and foragers."

Once everyon has arrived and stowed their gear, decisions are made as to who rides, drives, or walks in what order and the group sets off.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Biter stalks up behind Brindolfin, giving a comically-similar scowl to the big man's as he strikes a similary-dubious pose… a 4 foot parody of the big man. "Withing my gear I counting as ten peoples! Wiling this puny wagon to holding me?!"

He slaps the big man's calf good-naturedly with a red-eyed wink before scampering up onto the wagon to await their departure. He gives everyone a nod or wave as he sees them. His mood is obviously lifted at the prospect of seeing some new trails. After a few seconds he begins to look around with a now-authentic scowl, his red eyes landing on the gnome. "Stray! Where i'sing the b!tch? Notting to bringing her with Stray?"

When they get ready to go, Biter vaults off the front of the wagon, his tiny legs carrying him at an alarming rate out in front of the group and into a scouting position. His legs, despite their short size, carry him at an easy jog that stays well out in front of the wagon.

I figure he'll rotate as one of the main scouts on the road.


{HP 16/36 | AC13 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/6/4 | Inish +5, Per +9}Female Elf Ranger (Urban Ranger) 3 / Wizard (Foreteller) 3

Sparrow spares a moment from her spellbook, "Haven't handled a team before, but I can help scout."

No Handle Animal trained at present. Do have a decent perception and survival though.


HP: 31/31 Saves: +6,+6,+6, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 4

"Walking is good exercise, and it'll be good for me."
Good in making me lose the pounds, I gained from all that drinking.
"And I am a perceptive woman, though I'll admit I'm not the best forager."


AC:16|16|14 - F:+4|R:+6|W:+5 - Per:+9 Init:+3
Biter wrote:
After a few seconds he begins to look around with a now-authentic scowl, his red eyes landing on the gnome. "Stray! Where i'sing the b!tch? Notting to bringing her with Stray?"

The gnome sports a cheshire grin. "With you and Brin taking up the space of fifteen Storm Giants and a Balor with wind, I didn't think there'd be room in the wagon for poor Ruby. Alas, she'll be sitting out this trip."


DM Ninja/infinite

Shalelu frowns at Biter, then looks at Ameiko. "Only because of our friendship..."

Biter:
You know that Shalelu's favored enemy is golbinoids. Ameiko once told you, in confidence, that Shaleu's father was murdered by a bugbear assassin when she was very young.


DM Ninja/infinite

I'm not playing out an entire 2 week walking trip, though if you want to interact along the way, please do so.

I'd like anyone foraging to make 3 survival rolls.


{HP 16/36 | AC13 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/6/4 | Inish +5, Per +9}Female Elf Ranger (Urban Ranger) 3 / Wizard (Foreteller) 3

Survival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Survival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Survival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Sorry for RP-less rolls. Packing and stuff.


DM Ninja/infinite

That's fine, Sparrow, I'm just collecting them for later use. RP when they come into play.


AC:16|16|14 - F:+4|R:+6|W:+5 - Per:+9 Init:+3

Jumping on any interesting diversion as the endless miles roll by, Straehan tries his hand at foraging when not discussing the finer points of animal training and husbandry with Shalelu.

Survival 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Survival 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Survival 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 I bet this toadstool is delicious!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Back at Sandpoint…
Not being the fence-mending type, Biter gives the elf a flat look, then hops down from the wagon, hitting the ground in a bouncing roll as it trundles off down the path. He turns and gives Ameiko a big grin with a wave -- his eyes cutting merrily to the grouchy elf (Shalelu -- not Sparrow), "Willing to try keeping LongEars alive… Biter is'ing to know Friend Ameiko would'ing miss LongEars if'ing LongEars was'ing to go missing."

--

On the road…

Survival x3
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21 O.O

At one point, while on the road -- between scouting, napping, foraging, and more napping -- Biter finds himself sitting on the back of the wagon with Shalelu. He's completely unaware of the tense silence between them, but breaks it anyway, turning to the elven woman without pretense. "Friend AMeiko was'ing to tell Biter of Shalelu's … uh … " He searches for the right word for a few seconds before giving up and switching to goblin, "Chaan a'raHash*… liking Das was'ing to the Bird Boy?"

Goblin:
Chaan a'raHash* = "Male who got mother pregnant"… apparently goblins from Biter's clan didn't make much of the father/child relationship.

He shrugs, continuing, "Biter is'ing to being happy to helping LongEars kill many, many Bugbears." The goblin leans in and grins widely to emphasize the point, "Many."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Stray wrote:
The gnome sports a cheshire grin. "With you and Brin taking up the space of fifteen Storm Giants and a Balor with wind, I didn't think there'd be room in the wagon for poor Ruby. Alas, she'll be sitting out this trip."

Biter nods in perfect sincerity, regarding the wagon, "Biter is'ing to be pretty big." He thinks for a few seconds, picking up a stray blade of grass and pulling it in two length-wise as he looks back at the gnome with an appraising grin, "Biter is'ing to thinking Stray is'ing to be smar for'ing the training of the Ruby-b$!!~. Is'ing to make a gnome much'ing faster." He grins, tossing the two grass-slivers over his shoulder, "Plus, if'ing Stray and Biter is'ing to running out of food, Biter i'sing to eat Ruby-b@@+$ first before having to be eating Stray." He claps him thunderously on the shoulder… hopefully to indicate he's joking?


: scratches head :

Now why did the avatar go all blue-skinned?


HP: 31/31 Saves: +6,+6,+6, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 4

You got smur*ed. biter.
Certain words when used change your avatar to a smur*
and the * = f


I knew that, but I didn't know any of the words I used were the cause...

test = Ruby


AC:16|16|14 - F:+4|R:+6|W:+5 - Per:+9 Init:+3

Just testing when you wrote: "be smar for'ing" - yep, I win.

801 to 850 of 2,269 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The_Ninja_DM's RotRL Anniversary Special All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.