Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RotRL Gestalt Anniversary Special

Game Master Spiral_Ninja

A gestalt AE Rise of the Runelords.Thistletop L1; Thistletop level 2, Thistletop level 3


751 to 800 of 2,286 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>

DM Ninja/infinite

Before the group leaves the Cathedral, Das steps out and calls to them. ”Thank you for your efforts. All of you, stop by the forge later. I'll provide each of you with one masterwork piece of equipment as thanks.”

He looks down at the dog, Ruby, who has followed you as well and sighs. She is busy sniffing Biter and Straehan happily. ” You can have Ruby as well. She was Simon's, and just a year old when he vanished. I kept her in the hope he'd come back, but now I think I need to make a clean break.”

He pats her absently and says ”Stay with them, now, dog. They'll take care of you.”

His voice is a bit choked as he turns to go back into the cathedral without looking at her.

Both groups arrive at the Sandpoint Garrison and Sheriff Hemlock's office, where Kaddoc is waiting, at about the same time.

Sheriff Hemlock is a tall, competent-looking human of Shoanti descent, though he seems to be following Magnimariaan and Chelaxian customs more than his own. He's obviously been informed of the events and will ask each of you to review your version of the events, asking pertinent questions.

Once done he sighs, heavily. ”I feel terrible. I wish I had insisted on searching the ruins. Perhaps we'd have been able to save Simon or to help Lonjiku's wife in some fashion. There might even have been time to raise her. Thank you all for finally clearing up their fates.”

He pauses. ”I wonder if you could find you way to helping out in another situation? There's a young woman here, a minor government official from Magnimar who wants some unofficial assistance. Could you speak to her and see if you could help her as well? Her name is
Jeminda Anikee and she's currently staying at the White Deer.”


HP 41/19 | AC:26/17/18 CMD:24 | F:7 R:4 W:8 | I: +4 P: +8

Leaning against the door, Cilyanka shrugs her shoulders and says Of course sherrif, I'm always willing to help

Stopping to think for a moment, Cilyanka adds Do you have any idea what kind of help she needs? It's obviously not something a minor government official would normally require in her day-to-day duties.


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9

Ryu recalls the name of the city and gets a bit curious. "Sure Sheriff, I can talk with her and see what the problem is, if the others want to of course they can join up and go together." He nods and moves as if already going, but remembers something and turns back. "If the isle would have a permanent settlement of people, not just one loner who might go crazy from being isolated and alone, and it would always have a few people on it, then it could become something like a watchtower and early warning for the town from natural disasters, survivors of shipwrecks or storms could also find shelter and medical treatment then." He smiles. "The past doesn't have to repeat itself."


DM Ninja/infinite

Note: The White Deer is a decent and well known inn and tavern run by Garridan Viskalai, also a native Shoanti and Sheriff Hemlock's brother. In fact 'hemlock' is the common translation of 'viskalai'.

When you arrive at The White Deer, you are greeted by the somewhat taciturn Garridan and after confirming that the Sheriff sent you, escorts you to a private booth where a Chelaxian-looking human woman is waiting.

”Good afternoon. Please, sit down and listen to my story. My name is Jeminda Anikee and I work in the Tax Records office in Magnimar. As such I am required to periodically review records of tax payments. While doing so, about a month ago so I discovered that no one had collected taxes from a small village known as Ravenmoor for the last 15 years. It seems to have been a very minor bureaucratic oversite as the individual amount per year was minor. However, the current total owed comes to 500 gp. As it wold have been impossible to determine who first made the error, I decided it was simpler to just send a tax collector with a copy of the records to collect to past due. The man I chose was a recent hire, a man named Elias Kyle. He seems to have vanished. The last contact I had with him was a letter from Galduria boasting about how quickly he'd reached there and saying he was setting out for Ravenmoor the next day. I haven't heard from him since and I'm very worried.”

Sense Motive checks, please.

She continues, looking nervous. ”I should describe Elias. He's of Ulfin descent, short and stocky with a shock of red hair and rather blunt features with a coarse, patchy, and a bit scrubby beard.”

She pauses again before continuing. ”He's also my brother-in-law. He's been through some bad times since my sister died but had pulled himself together and was -IS- now back on his feet and supporting his young son. I'm watching my nephew while Elias is gone. I want to find his father for him, so he hasn't lost both parents.”

She shakes her head. ”But that's irrelevant. I am prepared to offer a reward of 100 gp each for any information leading to finding him - and the taxes, of course.”

She waits for your response.


DM Ninja/infinite

@Ryu: "That's an interesting proposal, young man. Hm. Perhaps a garrison?"

He smiles in a way that implies he knows what you wanted and is teasing you just a bit.


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9

timeslip - I just wanted to make sure he didn't forget

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12 Sense Motive (meh, the "was/is part" is obviously something, but SM rolls for me are as bad as always)

"Please tell us the details. How could have such a mistake be done? Also, how well do you know this Elias? 500 gold is a nice little amount if one is not an adventurer or a rich person, he could have just decided to keep it for himself and run off, no settlement would want to embarrass itself if an accountant mistake like that is made, so if the money gets stolen the leaders would probably keep silent about the whole thing altogether."

Is Ravenmoor close to Sandpoint?

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22 Diplomacy to try to make her more cooperative and trusting in that we want to help, something seems fishy (even without SM), why didn't she turn to higher authorities for help? I myself wouldn't send a new recruit to get money from past 15 years instead of some veteran trustful person. I don't believe the "brother-in-law" part either.


HP: 31/31 Saves: +6,+6,+6, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 4

Oh, I know this module, and it's for 3rd level characters, but given are numbers we could do it.


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9
Alkaid wrote:
Oh, I know this module, and it's for 3rd level characters, but given are numbers we could do it.

what? a different campaign? and for 3rd level? we'll die then o.O


Sense Motive 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19.


DM Ninja/infinite

You folks should be able to handle it, the previous side trek was also set for a group of four 3rds. Don't forget how many of you there are...and I do adjust things, as well.


DM Ninja/infinite

She hesitates. "I am concerned. It's -possible- he may have decided to flee with the money. That's why I want this to be unofficial. If he did and you can find him and recover the tax money there's no stain on my nephew's name. Or mine." The last two words are whispered, almost to herself.

She swallows nervously and continues. "If that's the case, or if the townsfolk are unable or unwillling to provide such an amount at this time, a report to that effect would satisfy my superiors and allow them to take further, proper action."

She brightens. "In fact, if they are unwilling, that might explain why Elias hasn't returned. Perhaps he wasn't able to collect and is afraid to make that report."

She finally turns to Ryu's question. "How was the error made? As far as I can tell, one of my predecessors simply forgot and left them off a list for the tax collection route and no one else ever caught it. After all, population records show less than 150 people living there. But I have been holding the postion for the last five years and, well, it could look bad, so I want to correct this as quickly as possible. Are you folks willing to assist?"

Sense_Motive_DC20:
She's being honest and is terrified she'll be fired over this.


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9

"Well, this doesn't look anything of major importance, if the others agree we could make some agreement, but of course we would need to be compensated for our time and effort. What would you say about, let's say, 300 gold if we find this Elias or get to know what happened to him, and retrieve all of the 500 gold?" Ryu doesn't expect her to agree to it easily, but he hopes she may slip some withhold info.

SM 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Diplomacy 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27 (for negotiating the deal)

something is wrong with the dices, text doesn't stay near it as it should either


HP: 31/31 Saves: +6,+6,+6, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 4

sense motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

still red in the face and slightly slurring her words
"Your very honest, but your also afraid of losing your job."

she does it again, she's scary when she's drunk, in that she knows what your thinking.


DM Ninja/infinite

"300 gold each? No, I couldn't justify that. Hm. 125 each, then?"

She looks at Alkaid. "Well, yes. Everyone else involved has left or been promoted out of the section so I'm the only one they could blame anything on. Especially with Elias being my late sister's husband. And, well, I should have caught it before. I had hoped sending Elias would keep the issue hidden until we were able to correct it. If I could go to my superiors with the money or some resolution to the issue it would look much better."

She pauses."I am concerned about Elias. He was always a rough and tumble troublemaker, with a tendency to bar fights. I'm not sure what Lominia saw in him. He got worse when she died and has finally recovered. I was hoping that if he was able to handle this it would go a long way to erasing his previous reputation with the town and earn him a promotion. That would allow him to move to a house and hire someone to watch Geirr so they could be a family again."


Biter -- busy trying to spin a dagger on the table-top by its point (and sending chips of wood skittering in the process) -- speaks without looking up from the dagger-spinning. "So finding the man, getting the gold, or getting to know the 'why' for no paying of the monies?" His shrug seems to say 'Doesnt' seem too hard.'


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9

Alkaid: When ISN'T she drunk? XD

"Well, we would put our lives at stake maybe, as he could be dead or may attack us if he stole the gold, Let's say 250. I am sure you would have went yourself if it were otherwise." Ryu makes business like a true Kaijitsu, what he is. He also notices her saying "each", meaning the whole reward would be more than the money required to be brought back.


HP: 31/31 Saves: +6,+6,+6, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 4

all that Black Jack is still in her system,
another day or two and it'll be flushed out.

"As much as even I would like profit Ryu, sometimes it's better to lower the price and get the better Public Relations."


DM Ninja/infinite

"I can't offer you that much over the recovery costs. 150, then. That puts the total to what my superiors would have to pay a senior collector to go there. And yes, find him, get the gold, or find out what happened so my superiors can resolve it if needed. You will be paid either way. And if, say, he was attacked by bandits, you'd qualify for any reward for finding and defeating them as well."


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9

Ryu smiles at Anikee while replying to Alkaid without turning away. "I doubt there will be much public anything about this even if we succeed, Miss Anikee will still be at a risk of getting fired because her ties to the missing Elias or taking all the blame. Magnimar may pay us well for keeping calm and silent about it too." Then looks at Alkaid, still smiling. "And please do not take away the joy of bartering. Miss Anikee seems to be good at it too."

Ryu gives his attention again to Anikee. "Fine, let's agree on the middle then, 200 gold, and then we have a deal. Time also costs money, especially 15 years. And there are also fees for traveling, supplies, and tracking or information gathering. These extra costs are included in the 200."

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14 Diplo
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27 Diplo rerolled for this day, and new result taken to persuade her for the final result


HP: 31/31 Saves: +6,+6,+6, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 4
GM wrote:
"I can't offer you that much over the recovery costs. 150, then. That puts the total to what my superiors would have to pay a senior collector to go there. And yes, find him, get the gold, or find out what happened so my superiors can resolve it if needed. You will be paid either way. And if, say, he was attacked by bandits, you'd qualify for any reward for finding and defeating them as well."

"So a form of bounty hunter rights."


DM Ninja/infinite

She smiles nervously and says "Yes, I guess you're right. 200 it is then. When can you get started? I was able to get assigned as a representative from Magnimar to the dedication here, so I'll stay in Sandpoint until you return, then we can all go to Magnimar and present your findings to my superiors."[/b]


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9

"Well, it is in the afternoon, so I guess it is best to go tomorrow morning, so we avoid one night outside among all those nasty beasts, bugs, goblins, werewolves, and demons. Of course the others also have a say in this, but some preparation time would be needed, and I have to talk to my sister too." Ryu does enjoy this.


How long until the Festival? I'm wondering if we can all cash in our "one masterwork item" favor with Das before we leave? I would assume no, since we have 8 people all requiring one smith to do a masterwork item -- each of which will take weeks to complete. Just want to make sure i understand. :)

Wouljd love to get Biter's blade upgraded, but don't know if it's realistic to have it done before we head out for this little job.


{HP 16/36 | AC13 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/6/4 | Inish +5, Per +9}Female Elf Ranger (Urban Ranger) 3 / Wizard (Foreteller) 3

"Personally could care less about the tax money. But if your brother-in-law could be in danger, I'd rather not leave anyone an orphan if I can help. You can count me in to help. Tomorrow morning sounds good to." Sparrow considers what she knows of the route, trying to think the best route to take, then relates to the others what she knows.

Considering my bow is already Masterwork (Go, Go, Arcane Bond Class Feature!!), I can wait on my item as needed.

Knowlegde (Geography): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19


DM Ninja/infinite

The festival will be the day after you get back. I'll just set it that way. It's easier on me that way. Everyone, go ahead and check with Das and give me a % roll. Below 25% means he had your choice in stock when he stopped making weapons 5 years ago.


HP: 31/31 Saves: +6,+6,+6, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 4

Does that 25% apply to everyone?
why not take weapon/armour requests with any material requests, put them in a table and for roll it.

"Does anyone here know where Ravanmoor is?"


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9

1d100 ⇒ 2

(masterwork chain shirt, black)


HP: 31/31 Saves: +6,+6,+6, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 4

I don't think you can colour the metal, that likely costs extra.


AC:16|16|14 - F:+4|R:+6|W:+5 - Per:+9 Init:+3

Straehan listens quietly and scratches Ruby behind the ear. He seems quite attached to the dog already. "Good girl... wanna go on an adventure?"

Sense Motive 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


HP: 31/31 Saves: +6,+6,+6, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 4

I'll give it a shot until I get a GM reply to my questions
Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 21


AC:16|16|14 - F:+4|R:+6|W:+5 - Per:+9 Init:+3
Ryu Kaijitsu wrote:
"Well, it is in the afternoon, so I guess it is best to go tomorrow morning, so we avoid one night outside among all those nasty beasts, bugs, goblins... "

Strae throws an amused look at Biter. "Oh no, not another night among goblins. Horror." He looks up at Sparrow's response and nods. "I'm in too."

I think, if we have time to get masterwork weapons, the priority should go to the front-liners.

Chance (WM something-or-other): 1d100 ⇒ 66


DM Ninja/infinite

Yes. It's based off of the chance for finding MW equipment from a smith who owes you from the Ravengro/Harrowstone CC module. Though if you want special order, like color, that will take time.

Jeminda Anikee pulls out a map of Varisia and shows you Ravenmoor's location. "Ravenmoor is about 200 miles northwest of here, which is why Elias was so proud of arriving when he did. It's a small farming community, almost as old as Maginmar. It was founded by Iola Kriegler, a priestess of Desna. According to the census notes from 15 years ago, her family still runs the town. From what I've been able to determine the village is well off the main road that links Magnimar and Riddleport. There's reportedly an old, seldom-used track that winds along the west bank of the Lampblack River that is the only real connection between Ravenmoor and the rest of Varisia."


HP: 31/31 Saves: +6,+6,+6, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 4

Hoping for a pair of Cold Iron Cestus, or a Cold Iron Temple Sword
(Cold iron doubles the base cost, but adds 2000gp when it becomes magical)


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9

color would have been fluff, armor is actual upgrade for me so I rather take it uncolored then
edit: didn't think special materials were allowed, if yes I rather have an agile mithral breastplate o.O


HP: 31/31 Saves: +6,+6,+6, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 4

I think Mithral is out of the question,
just Cold Iron and Silver for weapons, they are cheap.


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9
Alkaid wrote:
I think Mithral is out of the question, just Cold Iron and Silver for weapons

and how come mithral is out of question while cold iron or silver is not? I didn't see a mention we can have special material gear to begin with, armor is cheaper than weapons anyway O.o


DM Ninja/infinite

Materwork only, no special materials, though if you want to order such, he will deduct the cost of the base item and the MW from the final total

Also, the following items are available for purcase in town at this time at the locations listed:

Savah's Armory
+2 dagger [8,302 gp]
+2 SR 13 studded leather aromor [16, 175 gp]

The Feathered Serpent
periapt of health [7400 gp]
ring of feather falling [2200 gp]
wand of magic vestment (27 charges) [6075 gp]

Pillbug's Pantry
potion of protection from chaos [50 gp]
potion of levitate [300 gp]

The Curious Goblin
scroll of mirror image [150 gp]


{HP 16/36 | AC13 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/6/4 | Inish +5, Per +9}Female Elf Ranger (Urban Ranger) 3 / Wizard (Foreteller) 3

O_o I begin my career as a professional thief. (j/k of course)

Sparrow wanders around Das's shop for abit with the others, not seeing anything to her liking. "Not seeing much to take my fancy Das. Maybe when we get back I'll call it in."

Spiral is there enough time left in the day (2 hours) for me to scribe a scroll, out of curiousity?

The Random Chance of Fate: 1d100 ⇒ 85


AC:16|16|14 - F:+4|R:+6|W:+5 - Per:+9 Init:+3

Spiral - What kind of pooch is Ruby in PF terms? Is she large enough and strong enough to go adventuring with us and act as a Riding Dog? Or is she is more of a domestic pet?


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9
The_Ninja_DM wrote:
Materwork only, no special materials, though if you want to order such, he will deduct the cost of the base item and the MW from the final total

eh, never mind, seems like Pathfinder still requires an extra proficiency feat even for mithral or other material armor, and I won't waste one for Medium, so I rather choose Darkleaf Cloth Hide Shirt, and I will wait for it. Also: doubt we have as much money to buy most of those shop items you listed


Half-Orc, hp 55/61, DR 2/-, AC 18, (T12/FF16), Init +4, Perc +6. F+5/R+2/W+3
Tracking:
Rage: 10/10, 1st: 5/5

1d100 ⇒ 30 Booo. I'll put in an order for a MWK Guisarme.

Kaddoc is ready to go whenever.


DM Ninja/infinite

Strae, she's a mastiff (not the coonhound I'd originally linked to, so) yes, trainable & rideable for a small being

Also, rethinking on the roll for treasure: since there was no treasure in the ruins, this is your treasure. MW items are automatically available, the roll is for special materials, which will cost just the price of the material.

Sparrow, it's around 3 pm.


AC:16|16|14 - F:+4|R:+6|W:+5 - Per:+9 Init:+3

Cool! That rocks!

follow up questions:
Should I gin up a character sheet for her and play her as something like an Animal Companion? If so, just let me know how smart I should play her and her limits... i.e. won't attack undead out of fear, etc. My general thought - since we have a lot of players is to NOT have Ruby enter combat.

Oh, does she need something like a saddle? If so, can I purchase one in town?


DM Ninja/infinite

@ Strae: as long as you have the Handle Animal skill you can train her. You will need a saddle.

1d100 ⇒ 38

You'll have to have one made.

Yes, make a character sheet. 1d3 ⇒ 2

4 int, she's a bright dog.


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9

question:

so do I understand correctly we rolled then for having an existing special material masterwork item then?

I don't get how pricing works though, does it mean we will have to pay half price for it as when crafting?


DM Ninja/infinite

@Ryu: the item is free, it's your treasure for the adventure. If you want to upgrade it later, you will still have to pay the full *upgrade* cost. Yes, the roll was to see if a special item already existed. Looks like you may have your black item.

@Strae: since you're not taking an item, Das will provide you with Simon's old child saddle to use on Ruby.

Anyone else who doesn't need/want a weapon or armor item gets 300gp to spend.


HP: 31/31 Saves: +6,+6,+6, Cleric(theologian) + Monk(martial artist) 4

Let's keep the game thread clean and have the questions and answers in the discussion thread.


AC:13|12|11 - F:+5|R:+5|W:+1 - Per:+8 Init:+2

Rrrrrrr WOOF!


Brindolfin picks out a nice suit of agile half plate armor done by a master craftsman.
"You never know when you want to run in heavy armor."


HP 41/19 | AC:26/17/18 CMD:24 | F:7 R:4 W:8 | I: +4 P: +8

Still laughing at Biter's antics, Cilyanka walks slowy around Dras's shop. Several times she stops and looks at a piece of armor or runs her hand along the edge of a well-forged weapon. After almost 30 minutes of meandering, she walks over towards Dras slowly shaking her head.

I thank you for the offer Dras, but nothing here feels right for me. In fact, I almost seem to get a chill down my spine every time I touch one of your weapons.

If any of my friends want my reward, they are welcome to it, but I went because you asked for help, not for payment. I know what it feels like to loose a family Dras and you needed closure. That is not something you can put a price on.

Leaving Dras' shop, Cilyanka will walk out towards a homestead on the edge of town where she knows there is a well-worn but sturdy wagon for sale, along with a bored looking ox that used to pull it up until last year when Mr. Hawthorne retired from selling fertilizer.

After spending several hours talking with Mr. Hawthorne over tea, she stops by the general store and picks up supplies for the coming trip. Finally, as it starts to grow dark, Cilyanka will return to the Rusty Dragon.

751 to 800 of 2,286 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The_Ninja_DM's RotRL Anniversary Special All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.