Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


RotRL Gestalt Anniversary Special

Game Master Spiral_Ninja

A gestalt AE Rise of the Runelords.Thistletop L1; Thistletop level 2, Thistletop level 3


701 to 750 of 2,357 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>

Half-Orc, hp 55/61, DR 2/-, AC 18, (T12/FF16), Init +4, Perc +6. F+5/R+2/W+3
Tracking:
Rage: 10/10, 1st: 5/5

Ahhh drama....

"I think we should do see the Sheriff. We should have probably done so when we first returned.

Kaddoc finishes his drink.

"Though I guess I can now say that I've enjoyed a drink with a dead child in a sack."

He frowns. "Probably could have lived without ever having done that though."


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9

I still wait to know Brindolfins choice before acting.
and yes, drama. there was a saying something about tinfoil hats I believe that may fit for the situation, but I don't remember it well

Ryu smirks at Kaddoc "Well, we could have split up to go to the inn and the temple at the same time, then meet up before going to Das. It turned out this way though."

Kinda amusing the whole drinking scene though if you think about it :P


The big half giant answers deliberately. "I will go with you Ryu rather than let you go alone. This group is mixed up in interesting and important events. We need to stick together as much as possible. A danger faced by one, should be a danger faced by all."

"Strange magic I am not used to gives me the Willies!"

know religion 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Did I recognize Ryu's ritual over the dead?


HP: 54/64 Saves: +6,+6,+6, Cleric(theologian) + Brawler 4
The_Ninja_DM wrote:
Sparrow Seacutter wrote:
I find the current set-ups acceptable. Wait, by set-ups you mean for the initiation of some diabolical plan on your part? Still acceptable, but just trying to find some inside information.
Darn it, she caught on...er, no, no evil plan, nope.

Why do I get the feeling this is like my Evil GM grin.

Figure out the Ryu's ritual over the dead?
Know(Religion): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

still red in the face, and with slightly slurred wording
"Is it not the adverturer's code to "never go it alone, unless your that darn good" or was it something else."


DM Ninja/infinite

Brin: Not specifically, though it did seem odd that no mention of the Lady of Graves was made.

Alkaid: One of your teachers mentioned an odd new religion (though he called it a cult)that cremates it's dead, much like in Ustalav. But there, Pharasma is the major diety due to the tendency in that cursed land for spontanious appeance of undead.


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9

If I should had mentioned a different god in funeral rites then sorry, it has nothing much to mean except that I knew almost nothing of golarion gods and assumed that elves/dwarves/various religions don't have to worship or mention other gods than their own. Didn't know this world uses a pantheon setup for gods. I was just focused on writing a nice flavorful scene.

I guess the ceremony may not be easy to recognize especially if not knowing all the languages used in it, but it were proper funeral rites and not something else.

Ryu looks at Brin and nods. "Thank you." then leaves the inn, thinking about how exactly the danger that his father is can be faced by all.

I go to the manor, with Brin, and also Alkaid if she joins too
EDIT: wasn't Alkaid ahead with Kaddoc and Sparrow who were looking for traps and scouting instead being at the ceremony?


Brin will explain he is eager to fit in with his mother's people (humans), and he is very careful to avoid getting on the wrong side of a religious dispute.
"I have found humans take religion very seriously", he says. I worship Chaldira Zazaristan, a halfling diety."


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9

As Ryu walks he replies to Brindolfin. "I have nothing against the religion of others as long they respect mine, and their gods don't misuse the faith granted by their followers in them." He looks into the distant. "This is how demons usually grow in power, through lies and misuse of faith they lure people to follow them, and the victim often doesn't even realize the power it gains through this makes it actually weaker and more vulnerable." He smiles weakly. "As far I know nothing of that would be an issue for me with any halfling deities. At least no halfling cleric I met has spoken ill of my religion or used demonic powers."

GM:
Not wanting to take too much time with this so I roll some thing before time to make things go smooth and quick. When at the manor:

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 Sense Motive check to know what exactly the mood is Lonjiku in and how to prepare the news the best way so he will respond the least negative/most positive way

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27 Diplomacy check to tell the events, explain how and why Ryu decided to make a funeral ceremony right there

Actual RP:

"Greeting father, I fear I bring both important and sad news."
Ryu tells about what happened, that the mother and child (fetus) as undead were attacking them, and that after the battle he found the bottle with the medallion.
"The group discussed what to do, and there were arguments for bringing the bodies home or burning them. in my opinion it was the best choice to have them granted a proper funeral and finally a rest. I agreed to the burning as my own religion hold pyre funerals by fire. This way it became more than just disposing of undead corrupted bodies and they had a proper ceremony."
Ryu here goes a bit into details of the ceremony, and how the spirits found peace at last. Also tries to calm and handle Lonjiku as needed. Ryu points at Brindolfin and says how he was an eyewitness and of great help on the island. Ryu says that Ameiko plans to go and visit the location for a prayer.
"I am sorry not bringing them back, but there was just too great a danger to continue exploring while the corpses weren't dealt with, moving them was not a logical option, and leaving them had the risk they could disappear again due to sorcery before they could have been put to rest. If you are mad with me for it you have the right to it, but at least I was there as a family member, and watched over them as they found release from this undead existence as my duty is. We never discussed religion father, I knew you always had your mind on business and I didn't want to bother you with my own views, sadly it also meant I don't know whom you worship or whom they worshiped if at all."
Ryu hands the bottle with the medallion over to Lonjiku.
"I haven't opened it, but saw the emblem on the outside, and drew the conclusion based on the situation and the age of the two at the time of their dead. I believed it to be right for handing it over to you unopened. Das's dead son has also been found and it also had a related undead we had to deal with. I am surprised no one properly looked at what was going on on that nearby island, much could have been averted otherwise. Maybe they were still alive when they found their way to the shores after the storm, and could have lived if they would have been taken care of by a healer."

Ryu shakes his head, and says how a persistent settlement or some local group there could still avoid similar disasters in the future. Ryu explains his opinion on how having both the monks on the island in a monastery and a building for the people who took part in the quest for additional security could be a benefit to the city for such situations, something he didn't think of earlier. No need for further sorrow if it can be avoided. Ryu then asks for the agreement only if Lonjiku is in a better/calmed mood, otherwise waits with it.

Please copy-paste the conversation as you need once there, am afraid I won't be online when we get to the Kajitsu Estate and I don't want to hold the whole game up further if it can be avoided. I would also like to know if I can send "spoiler" events, like the time-slip ones directly to you as PM-s, by this point you know at least 2 people read the GM tagged ones. I don't see any use of spoilers anymore, and earlier problems could have been avoided if spoilered info wouldn't have been misused ingame.

PS: for those who aren't the GM and stillread this, Ryu is right now trying to get a place for both his religion AND the adventurers on the island, I believe that is a fair proposal, ignoring the fact that almost since start of the game Ryu was trying to get the island for the cult and could probably get it just for them.


HP: 24/24 - AC:15|15|11 - CMD:18 - F:+3|R:+6|W:+4 - Per:+7 Init:+3 - Spells: 1st 6/6
Straehan. wrote:
Quick question - does Ameiko want Strae to make the Island run now to bring something back from the pyre? Strae offered and he will follow through - or am I part of the Das team?

Spiral - any answer on this?


HP 41/19 | AC:26/17/18 CMD:24 | F:7 R:4 W:8 | I: +4 P: +8

Hey Strae, Sparrow. glad you guys are coming with me to Dras'. I have no idea how to explain what happened to his son. Maybe we should simply return what is left of him and leave out the part about the training.

Looking down at her feet, Cilyanka continues, I really don't feel right about lying to him, but sometimes it's just better not to know. What do you guys think, you have way more experience at this stuff than I do.


DM Ninja/infinite

Ameiko is willing to wait until later to go to the island as she is going over to the Cathedral, where she'll pray to Shelyn over the issue.

Ryu_only:
The amulet was with her clothing, tossed to the side, not in a bottle.

Ryu's_Group:
Lonjiku splutters angrily. "They should have been brought back! Burning can allow demons to snatch the soul before it reaches Pharasma's Boneyard!" He smashes his fists onto the table in a fury, scattering items left and right.

"My only legitimate son...gone..."

He seems to reach into himself with a great effort, then looks up at you.

"I guess you did as you thought right. But, in the future, consult those more experienced in such matters."

He looks at the rest of the group. "So are these -adventurers- your new friends? Introduce me, please."

Das_group:
As you approach Das' forge, you hear a goup of children taunting him with a childish skipping song about his temper.

Cathedral_group:
When you reach the cathedra Ameiko calls out to one of the acolytes. "Good day. Could you fetch Father Zantus? My friends here have need of his aid."


{HP 16/36 | AC13 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/6/4 | Inish +5, Per +9}Female Elf Ranger (Urban Ranger) 3 / Wizard (Foreteller) 3

Das's Group:
Coming up on the children, Sparrow becomes rather upset at the sight. Uttering an incantation (Prestidigitation), she turns the boys's hair pink, and dirties the girl's. "Liten you little hooligans, you all better git before you really make me angry. Next time I catch you taunting someone, I'll do worse than mess your hair."

Bluff: 1d20 ⇒ 7
Intimidate: 1d20 ⇒ 19


HP: 24/24 - AC:15|15|11 - CMD:18 - F:+3|R:+6|W:+4 - Per:+7 Init:+3 - Spells: 1st 6/6

Das-tardly Teammates:
Cilyanka Caumlo wrote:

Hey Strae, Sparrow. glad you guys are coming with me to Dras'. I have no idea how to explain what happened to his son. Maybe we should simply return what is left of him and leave out the part about the training.

Looking down at her feet, Cilyanka continues, I really don't feel right about lying to him, but sometimes it's just better not to know. What do you guys think, you have way more experience at this stuff than I do.

Strae considers the problem as they head toward Das' forge. "I've got no talent for lying. Perhaps we should stick to the least detailed truth that we can get away with. We know the child wasn't butchered by the Chopper and that he died 'peacefully' - not violently - and possibly it was in his sleep given that we found the bones in a bed. Hopefully, that will satisfy Das. If it doesn't, if he presses us for details... I think he's got a right to know. If it were me - I'd want to know."

The gnome beetles his brows at the taunting children until Sparrow comes up with an elegant and amusing solution - embarrassing the rapscallions.


HP 41/19 | AC:26/17/18 CMD:24 | F:7 R:4 W:8 | I: +4 P: +8

Your right Stae. Did you want to be the one to tell him?


HP: 24/24 - AC:15|15|11 - CMD:18 - F:+3|R:+6|W:+4 - Per:+7 Init:+3 - Spells: 1st 6/6

Final Das-tination:
The gnome sighs ruefully. "I'd rather not, to be honest. But since it was my idea, I guess I've kind of volunteered, eh? I'll try not to botch it up."

Straehan pushes on towards the forge, trying to work through what to say to the grieving father of a murdered son.
Clearly, I picked the wrong town to visit.

Spiral - do Lies of Omission require Bluff rolls? If so, here's one for the upcoming awkward conversation. :)

Bluff (if needed) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9

Kaijitsu Manor:
"This is Brindolfin, a warrior and follower of Chaldira Zazaristan." Ryu introduces the half-giant, meanwhile taking a look at Alkaid, hoping she isn't too drunk. "And she is Lady Alkaid." Ryu hoped that even without words Lonjiku understands that they are more like acquaintances than friends from the fact he didn't say much of them. Not that Ryu knew much of them. "They fought the undead on the island together with me, and witnessed the ceremony. Brindolfin proved himself in battle and I believe he would be a good guardian of the isle and other people settling on it."

Ryu decided to address the agreement and the mention of legitimacy later, but hinted at that they would deserve a building on the island for their prowess.

GM:
"You notice a small pile of rotted clothing to one side of the room. Upon examination, you find a small pendant with a familar crest in glass."

I understood this as it were in a bottle.


DM Ninja/infinite

Straehan: you should be able to get the story across without upsetting Das.

Ryu: the family business is jewelry making and glass blowing. The crest on the pendant is made of glass.


Lonjiku/Ryu/Alkaid:
Brin addrsses Lonjiku, "I did now know my mother, only that she gave me to others to raise before I was old enough to know her. Your son died knowing you cared about him to the very end. I think that must have meant very much to him." Brin holds out a calloused hand, "Nice to meet you. I am looking to find a way to buy the island for myself. We have a giantblood, goblinblood, and orcblood in our current group. I would like a sanctuary close to town we can call our own near Sandpoint. If successful in my purchase, I promise you a shrine to your son Pharasma would be proud of."


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9

Brindolfin: the child was not even born, it was a fetus according to GM, before it was turned undead with its mother


Half-Orc, hp 55/61, DR 2/-, AC 18, (T12/FF16), Init +4, Perc +6. F+5/R+2/W+3
Tracking:
Rage: 10/10, 1st: 5/5

Kaddoc wasn't particularly interested in going to either the cathedral or Das', but instead goes to the Sheriff's office to give him a rundown on what has happened.

To the best of his abilities and without embellishment, he gives an accurate description of the event that occurred on the island and of what they found there.


HP: 24/24 - AC:15|15|11 - CMD:18 - F:+3|R:+6|W:+4 - Per:+7 Init:+3 - Spells: 1st 6/6

Das Stuff:
Straehan approaches the smith hesitantly, hoping that the solemn looks on the team's faces will prepare him for the blow. "Master Das, there's just no good way to say this... we found the remains of a child. We believe it is your son. We're very sorry." He waits for the initial shock to settle in before continuing. "We found Simon in a bed. His bones weren't damaged or disturbed, so it looks like he died peacefully - he might have been asleep. I'm sorry. We brought him home to you... and would be happy to escort you two to the church to help with his final arrangements."
Though not religious, Straehan considers offering a brief prayer to any god that will keep Das from asking questions.


HP: 54/64 Saves: +6,+6,+6, Cleric(theologian) + Brawler 4

Alkaid/Brindolfin/Lonjiku/Ryu Group:
She bows as she introduces herself, "It's an honour to meet you, And I'm sorry for your loss."

she stands straight again "If Brindolfin is allowed to settle the island I, shall see if I can get some of my brothers and sisters to purify the Island of any evil that remains there"


DM Ninja/infinite

Ryu_group:
Lonjiku looks at Brindolfin oddly. "Thank you. I would appreciate that. I have no legitmate heirs to carry on my name. I must pray to Shelyn to aid me."

Then he seems to have an inspiration. He turns to Ryu.

"It's obvious you don't understand the situation. Probably a symptom of your raising. Still, you are the only living male of my bloodline. I need you to grow up and join the family properly. First, drop this cult thing of yours and follow Shelyn like your ancestors. Secondly, you need to start learning glassmaking. Amaya can teach you the basics, then I'll teach you as well...move in here. Today."

He thinks a bit. " Perhaps if your sister sees that obedience gains more rewards she'll drop this silly tavern keeper bit and come home like she should. I will have to arrange a marriage for you...and maybe her. Hard, though with your status and her having had an affair with that Varsian...but at least he's dead and there's no child from it..."

He pauses and looks at Ryu. "Yes. Finish up this business and bring your things here. I'll have Amaya start training you tomorrow. Be at the Glassworks at dawn. I'll forgive your ignorance of the proper burial rites, you're no priest. I'll also bring a private cleric from Maginmar to teach you properly. I need to leave immediately for Magnimar to make the arrangements."

He looks at Alkaid and seems stuned for a moment. He smiles, kisses her hand, then says "Thank you for your offer. I will also as Father Zantus to do so and the cleric I plan on bringing back. Perhaps it can be done in conjunction with the dedication of the chapel."


DM Ninja/infinite

Das_group:
"What makes you think it was Simon?


So... did Ameiko and Biter go to the temple? Or did the plans change given people's desire to take care of the other stuff first? I'mnot sure I want to branch off on my own at this point.


DM Ninja/infinite

Yes, Ameiko, Biter, and Kaddoc have gone to the temple with the child's remains. Father Zantus has sepped out to speak to you.

Chathedral_group:
Father Zantus steps out in response to Ameiko's call. "What can I do for you and your friends, Miss Kaijitsu?"


HP: 24/24 - AC:15|15|11 - CMD:18 - F:+3|R:+6|W:+4 - Per:+7 Init:+3 - Spells: 1st 6/6

Das:
I think we collected the evidence along with the body... if not, Strae will describe the toy instead.

The gnome hates every second of the conversation, every detail he is forced to divulge. "We found this with the body." He pulls out the red tattered remains of a small, stuffed toy dog and offers it to the smith. "I believe your son was one of the last to go missing. The child we found wasn't killed by the Chopper - which makes him one of the last victims. Did this toy belong to Simon?"


Cathedral:
Biter -- in a surprising show of social awareness -- looks conspicuously left and right before leaning conspiratorially in towards the priest. His whisper is probably not quite low enough, however. "Friend Ameiko was'ing to ask Biter and some other'ings to be looking into something on the Chopping Island." He hefts the bag on his shoulder suggestively. "Mighting to be showing Praying Zantus what is'ing in this bag? Notting in public?"

His grin over his shoulder to Ameiko says, 'See? I can be subtle.'


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9

Kaijitsu Manor:
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27 Diplomacy to make the best out of it

Ryu sighs. "Fine, I will come and live here father. We don't have much time spent together anyway. I will see what I can learn about glasswork, I may not become a master of it but one needs to know the basics to also knows who fits best for a position." Ryu means that a leader has to know whom to give a fitting rank or position to if the leader can't do the work himself. To do that the leader still needs an understanding of the situation. A master craftsman still has to be recognized by the owner, and the owner needs to know if that person is good for a leading position or not.

"I am also willing to see that cleric of Maginmar you want to invite, I don't give false promises though, if someone is dedicated in faith it is hard to persuade to change it. I will learn to understand Shelyn and through understanding gain better respect of her. If the cleric can change my heart and make me follow Shelyn is still to be seen however, I will have to listen to the cleric first. I am sorry you disagree with how I handled the ceremony, but I had to make a decision right then and there about how to act." Ryu accepts to meet with the cleric, but even he can't just go and claim he will abandon his faith right away as his father requests, That would simply be a lie, and a very unbelievable at that.

"As for marriage, I can't say anything about that yet. You didn't go to find a bride yet so we don't know anything about her, or if there will be a candidate." Ryu doesn't say anything against it.

"I will be there tomorrow to meet with Amaya, for now let's discuss the paperwork. I believe it would be fair if it includes these people also getting a building..." Ryu looks as Brindolfin "..or tree house on the island." He shows no intention to step back from the planned business though. Even if his father wishes him to change religion Lonjiku still has to see with his business sense that not following through with the proposal Ryu made would be a bad choice. Ryu gave in to many requests of his father, and if Lonjiku is just half the businessman Ryu believes he is then Lonjiku won't back out.

Lonjiku couldn't have been as naive to think his second wife or the child could still be alive after this many years without a word from them. Considering the situation the pyre had nothing to do with the business opportunity, and a shrine could still be built anyway.


HP: 54/64 Saves: +6,+6,+6, Cleric(theologian) + Brawler 4

Alkaid/Brindolfin/Lonjiku/Ryu Group:

GM could use redemption rules on you to convert you

she replies to Lonjiku
"As an old saying goes, many hands make light work. I hope the Island gets purified before it becomes a well settled island."

The GM could make an NPC bride or have Lonjiku approach one of the female PCs and ask if they'd like to be a bride candidate for Ryu.


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9

Alkaid/GM:
That would be hilarious, especially if it were Cilyanka XD


{HP 16/36 | AC13 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/6/4 | Inish +5, Per +9}Female Elf Ranger (Urban Ranger) 3 / Wizard (Foreteller) 3

Das-tastic:
Unwilling to let Straehan go it totally alone, Sparrow ships up. "I'm, we, are all really sorry Das. We wish we could've brought some better news than this. But at least now you know what happened. If there's anything we can do..." She let's her words hang, unsure how to finish.

Diplomacy Aid Another: 1d20 ⇒ 16


Lonjiku group:
At the interaction between father and son, the half-giant has to choke back tears. To Ryu,"Ryu, time with parents is not so precious until it is lost forever." To Lonjiku, "I understand the ways of Shelyn, I believe totally in the beauty within concept. Shelyn, Chaldira, and I share an identical ethos--good is only the real absolute worth pursuing--law and chaos are both minor parts of this. I think Ryu is ready to journey into the world rather than train to be a glass-blower, Alkaid and I can look out for his spiritual well-being. He has talents that would be best served fighting evil."


DM Ninja/infinite

Das_group:
Das takes the toy and crushes it to his chest.
"Why didn't the original group find him?" He sounds angry and confused.

"Where is he?"

The red female dog comes out and walks over to Das, raisng herself slightly to sniff the toy. She then starts sniffing around, looking as confused as a dog can. She stops at Straehan, sniffing him, and wagging her tail slowly.

Kaijitsu_group:
Lonjiku stops at Brindolfin's words. "Perhaps you are right. Still, I do not wish any more losses. Finish this business by the Swallowtail Festival, then we'll start your training. I should probably guide you from the start anyway. But do move in. Go get your things. Your -allies- can stay as well, if they want."

As you leave you bump into Tsuto. He looks at Lonjiku then speaks to Ryu. "So, you've sworn vengence. So very traditional. Do you believe that slaying someone who murdered a family member is just?"

Cathedral:
Ameiko looks amused at biter's caution. "Yes, I do believe we should move to a more private place for this discussion"

"My office, then?"says Father Zantus.

Alkaid/Ryu:
How about Mai? ;P


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9

Kaijitsu Manor:
Did I get any paper or reaction to the agreement? Or was that totally ignored?

Ryu stops and looks pondering at Tsuto upon his question. "Vengeance doesn't help the ones left behind in most cases, but it may help the departed. Whatever the reason for vengeance may be, be it duty or revenge, or to help the spirits find rest, it is of great importance to not get blinded and be sure of whom you hunt as prey, and to have evidence that The Hunt is just. One has to be a wise hunter, and know the right moment to act, and for the right reasons." Ryu also heard the rumors that Lonjiku should have killed his wife, even if that would be true there is no evidence about it. He was not feeble, and replied in a proper way that should answer Tsuto's question without angering his father either because anything getting suggested or because mention of the Divine Phoenix. Ryu choose sentences which would work even if the Hunt would not be the way of the Phoenix Cult and avoided thus a religious undertone.

Should Ryu now stay behind to fix up the business part of this?


HP: 24/24 - AC:15|15|11 - CMD:18 - F:+3|R:+6|W:+4 - Per:+7 Init:+3 - Spells: 1st 6/6

Das-ling Display:
Strae gives Sparrow a relieved nod, happy for the assistance. "Our friends are taking him to the church right now. We'll go with you there, if you like. Simon was hidden in a set of secret rooms beneath a cleverly concealed door. The searchers must have missed spotting it. It wasn't easy to find."


HP: 54/64 Saves: +6,+6,+6, Cleric(theologian) + Brawler 4

Alkaid/Brindolfin/Lonjiku/Ryu Group:
"Doesn't Vengeance beget Vengeance."


DM Ninja/infinite

Ryu:
Lonjiku takes the papers you already have and reviews them. "I will have to consider this more. I do have a debt to these people. You have my word, I will give you an answer when I return." He hands you back all the papers.

Give me a sense motive check.


La casa de los dios:
With comical sincerity, Biter nods at Ameiko's agreement and the Father's suggestion. He lets the priest take the lead, then jumps in behind him before Ameiko can follow… his 'first-in-last-out' mentality apparently still in effect even in the relative safety of the cathedral.

As they pass windows, altars, closets, and offices, Biter's curiosity (which often manifests as nosiness) compels him to walk a meandering line behind the priest, randomly poking, sniffing, and inspecting every curiosity along the way. When they finally reach Zantus's office, Biter swaggers his way in, waiting for Ameiko to enter before giving the hallway a serious look of warning and closing the door.

He drags two chairs from against the wall, the heavy wooden legs complaining loudly at being slid across the hard floor. Quickly clambering on top of one, he gives the priest a long and heavy look before depositing the bag on the other chair (before Ameiko can sit down on it).

"Biter and Biter's crew was'ing to find…" he waits a dramatic few moments before throwing open the bag, revealing the boy's remains as if they were a legendary treasure, "… THE BONES OF THE BIRD-BOY!" He waits curiously for the priest to do his priestly-duties (whatever they are), continuing in his broken common, "Friend Ameiko was'ing to ask Biter and some otherings if'ing they would be looking into some long-leg's problem… as a favor. So Biter and others is'ing to go to Chopping Island for the searching." The re-telling of events is long, detailed, and painful in his broken tongue, but the father is left with a surprisingly accurate telling of their little excursion. Finally he winds down, struggling to determine if he's more interested in watching the old priest or the hundreds of interesting doodads, books, and corners of his office, "… so now'ing Biter is'ing to bringing the bird-boy's bones to a Praying Man so Praying Man can be doing his praying over the bones to making them… um… clean?" He looks up at Friend Ameiko in question as if to say, 'that was what we brought them here for, right?


HP: 24/24 - AC:15|15|11 - CMD:18 - F:+3|R:+6|W:+4 - Per:+7 Init:+3 - Spells: 1st 6/6
Biter wrote:
La casa de los dios

Ohhh, French... How exotic! :p


DM Ninja/infinite

Kaddoc, did you go with Ameiko & Biter or to the Garrison to meet with the sheriff?


Straehan. wrote:
Ohhh, French... How exotic! :p

Truly the language... de amor! You guys doing alright over at Das's place?


HP: 24/24 - AC:15|15|11 - CMD:18 - F:+3|R:+6|W:+4 - Per:+7 Init:+3 - Spells: 1st 6/6

I didn't realise that Spiral was allowing Blunderbusses in her game. Good thing I made my save. :)


HP: 54/64 Saves: +6,+6,+6, Cleric(theologian) + Brawler 4

Alkaid/Brindolfin/Lonjiku/Ryu Group:
"As one of my teacher's said "Time will tell, sooner or later Time will tell."
And hopefully we'll get to see your bride to be, Ryu."


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9

Kaijitsu Estate:
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 (Heh, knew it would happen)

Ryu nods. "Might be better though if it is handled before you leave. Some circumstances or events may influence the other families while you are gone which wouldn't be profitable for the glassworks." Then turns to Alkaid. "Well, it wouldn't be be bad if I would get a look at her myself." Ryu is not exactly full of cheers and joy even though he didn't oppose the idea.

Ryu bows slightly towards Lonjiku and also nods at Tsuto. "Well then, I will come to live here soon, I assume it means we will be able to have a proper chat then Tsuto. Now excuse us, we have to go."


Half-Orc, hp 55/61, DR 2/-, AC 18, (T12/FF16), Init +4, Perc +6. F+5/R+2/W+3
Tracking:
Rage: 10/10, 1st: 5/5
The_Ninja_DM wrote:
Kaddoc, did you go with Ameiko & Biter or to the Garrison to meet with the sheriff?

DM:
To the Garrison, as an outsider, Kaddoc feels that if he should be getting on anyone's good side, it should be the law's. I don't feel any pressing need to roleplay the encounter, unless you want to. Just wanted to keep the sheriff appraised of the situation.

DM Ninja/infinite

Not a problem, Kaddoc, I just wasn't sure.

Cathedral_group:
Father Zantus is horrified. "That poor child. What he must have suffered."

He shakes his head. "Once we inform Das, we'll seee to the child's proper burial next to his mother. I'll send someone right away."


@ the Cathedral, yall:
Biter answers idly while tracing one small, gray finger along the gold-leaf writings on one of the priest's shelved books, "More of the grouping is'ing to be talking to Drunking Man right now, actually. Was'ing to want to… 'breaking the news' to Drunking Man." He shrugs his surprisingly thick shoulders as his red eyes flit back to Zantus, "Notting to think grouping willing mind to come to finishing the talking, though." If Biter is aware that it could be helpful for him to go get the group at Das's house, he shows no sign of it… engrossed as he is with flipping one specific page back and forth in the book. Over and over.

An idle thought seems to strike him, though, and his face scrunches up as his fingers still the page. "Friend Ameiko's whelp clutch-mate was'ing to do something strangeing when the bird boy body was'ing to be found. Was'ing to wanting to burn the bodies? Is'ing body-burning some kinding of human thing?" He points vaguely in the direction of Sandpoint's cemetery, "Biter was'ing to be thinking Long-Legs praying customs was'ing to put dead Long-Legs into the dirt."


DM Ninja/infinite

Cathedral_group:
"Yes, it the human -long-legs- custom in most places."Father Zantus says.

"Perhaps Ryu is fom Ustalav. The land there is so cursed after the rule of the imprisoned lich-lord called the Whispering Tyrant that undead can spontaneously rise if he body is not burned or specially blessed by a Pharasmin priest."

He ponders Biter's words. "I have been remiss, I guess, in not learning more of the boy and his beliefs."

He stands and says "I will summon some of my acolytes and let Vosk Naffer know we have a new, if delayed, burial"

Note: Naffer Vosk is the deformed (twisted spine), retired Varisian smuggler who runs the Graveyard as pennance for his former crimes.


Cathedral:
Biter nods, hopping down from his chair-top perch to make the best use of their wait for the rest of the group to arrive… which basically means a more in-depth investigation of the priest's office.

701 to 750 of 2,357 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The_Ninja_DM's RotRL Anniversary Special All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.