Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RotRL Gestalt Anniversary Special

Game Master Spiral_Ninja

A gestalt AE Rise of the Runelords.Thistletop L1; Thistletop level 2, Thistletop level 3


451 to 500 of 2,328 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9

"No idea, and I rather hope it won't answer the question." Ryu starts to lose patience. "Wouldn't change the fact that I am the closest relative here, and that I can fulfill the duty of a proper pyre funeral, right?" He makes a theatrical move what he ends with open arms.

(Using still your previous sense motive check, you clearly sense he starts to become angry because you want to deny him as close relative to perform the funeral rites)

It doesn't matter whom the woman worshiped, as we can't know it, unless you speak with dead or can revive them.


{HP 16/36 | AC13 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/6/4 | Inish +5, Per +9}Female Elf Ranger (Urban Ranger) 3 / Wizard (Foreteller) 3

"Alkaid, if this is Natsu, it would be his right. Though I would at least recommend talking to Ameiko first. But you know her best Ryu. The decision is yours as far as I'm concerned." The serious attitude is definitely not in Sparrow's character.


DM Ninja/infinite

The Kaijitus seem to be followers of Shelyn, though Natsu may not have been.

Ryu_time_slip:
Lady Deverin agrees to walk with you and seems receptive...or at least not opposed. However, her rumored greed is seemingly confirmed as she hints that a bribe might 'speed up the process'. Nothing overt, of course, but the undercurrent is there.


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9

Ryu calms down, rubs his left hand as he sighs, flashing a thankful smile towards Sparrow meanwhile. "Let's look at it in a practical way. There is no way we can go back carrying the two twisted corpses, and if there is a necromancer near, it could make them attack us again. Unless this priestess here wants to carry them back to Ameiko, I rather have them get a proper funeral, because if we just leave them here and go back without them, they may be gone at a time we get back here."

Ryu kept silent for a moment, then continued. "To have a pyre here is the best, for multiple reasons."


DM Ninja/infinite

People, I'm exhausted. if you want to continue this RP go ahead, and we can pick up further exploration tomorrow.


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9

GM:
Ryu smiles at her as they take the walk. "My Lady, I am sure something can be arranged, although I believe it may be more profitable for you if once the Order has settled in and begins producing the magical items, that you would get these at a discount."
Ryu looked into her eyes. "I will also be willing to add something extra to the list, if you would like it, I could request a dress in your size from the other continent the monks will be coming from. I am unsure how fashion works, but it is unlikely anyone else in this city or perhaps even the whole continent could have clothes from Absalom following the latest trends there." Ryu plans to use the greed and womanly desire to constantly get dresses and shoes to his advantage, and get good results without too much money involved as bribe.

As you wish, if the others agree to do the funeral pyre now, that won't need exploration at least


HP: 54/64 Saves: +6,+6,+6, Cleric(theologian) + Brawler 4

still red on her face, and with slightly slurred wording
"True, he is in his right,
I just asked the question as I learned most other religion's burial rites,
and I thought it would be more comforting for the dead,
if the rites of the religion they followed in life were used when they were put to rest."


HP: 24/24 - AC:15|15|11 - CMD:18 - F:+3|R:+6|W:+4 - Per:+7 Init:+3 - Spells: 1st 6/6

The Gnome watches the exchange learning more about the town and its people, his look guarded. "You're a priestess? Good." He indicates the dead 'Mama'. "Do you have any idea what type of undead she was?"


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9

This reminds me, roll to realize what exactly they were:
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 Arcana
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25 Religion


HP: 24/24 - AC:15|15|11 - CMD:18 - F:+3|R:+6|W:+4 - Per:+7 Init:+3 - Spells: 1st 6/6
Ryu Kaijitsu wrote:
As you wish, if the others agree to do the funeral pyre now, that won't need exploration at least

I've got no objection to helping out with Ryu's cremation arrangements but I'd prefer to finish our exploration first.


HP 41/19 | AC:26/17/18 CMD:24 | F:7 R:4 W:8 | I: +4 P: +8

Cilyanka says, Religion is one thing, the undead are something else entirely. The bodies should be cremated now, before we move on. We can let Ameiko know know what happened afterwards.

You guys can drag the bodies upstairs and use some of those statues for firewood. At least they are useful for something.


The goblin, not having found anything helpful to do after casually wiping his blade free from undead-goop, has been crouched near the wall, red eyes following the conversation. Finally, he pipe up, "Biter is'ing to agreeing with Dhegaan'Duuc*." His gesture indicates he's referring to Cilyanka. "Needing to destroy walking deadlings before is'ing to continue into more darking passages." His red eyes shift over to Ryu, "And Friend Ameiko shoulding getting to see shiny from the walking deadling, too... if'ing walking deadling was'ing to be Friend Ameiko's clutch-mom, too.

* Goblin tongue:
 Dhegaan'Duuc = Fire top... a reference to Cilyanka's hair color?

As an after-thought, Biter's gives the gnome, Ryu, and the giant-man a clap on whatever body part is within range, a shark-grin on his face, "And gooding bitings, all." One red eye winks at Strae, "Really lovings on the fires!"


HP: 24/24 - AC:15|15|11 - CMD:18 - F:+3|R:+6|W:+4 - Per:+7 Init:+3 - Spells: 1st 6/6
Cilyanka Caumlo wrote:
"The bodies should be cremated now... You guys can drag the bodies upstairs..."

The gnome cocks an eyebrow. "You guys? What's stopping you from lending a hand?"

Mighty Biter wrote:
One red eye winks at Strae, "Really lovings on the fires!"

Strae gives him a little grin and a thumb's up. "I think we're going to get along famously."


Realizing he is definitely equipped for manual labor, Brin quietly gathers up the firewood for the cremation. Carrying a massive amount in a single trip.


Realizing he is definitely equipped for manual labor, Brin quietly gathers up the firewood for the cremation. Carrying a massive amount in a single trip.
Lots of talking, need more doing.


Half-Orc, hp 55/61, DR 2/-, AC 18, (T12/FF16), Init +4, Perc +6. F+5/R+2/W+3
Tracking:
Rage: 10/10, 1st: 5/5

While the others discuss the merits of proper corpse disposal. Kaddoc investigates the tome on the pedestal and other papers there about

Knowledge(Religion):1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

He also goes about prying the gemstones out of the demon idol in the previous room.

"Feel free to burn this ugly thing while you're at it.


DM Ninja/infinite

The dusty tome on the pedestal is filled with drawings of bird demons. The papers scattered around it have similar, cruder drawings.

Kaddoc:
Each eye is a black gem. You can pry them out with ease. You'd need an Appraise check to determine their value


DM Ninja/infinite

Religion_15+:
The female was a wight. The fetus undead resembled a screaming beheaded.


DM Ninja/infinite

Ryu:
She smiles at you. "I'm sure we can work something out. The next meeting of the League is the day after the Swallowtail Festival and the dedication of the new cathedral. My sister-in-law worked so hard to get that set up. Perhaps there are other deities who need representation here. Hm. Do you think you could have one of the senior members of your order get here by then to help make the presentation? It is only two weeks away. If not, I'm sure we can still work out something, but having two of you, one a senior, might just help sway the League"


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9

Ryu helps gathering wood for the pyre, as he looks at the two former people that he managed to identify, he is now sure that a necromancer had its hands in their creation, and that necromancer still has to be around.
"Thanks for the help" He mumbles to the others.

GM:
Ryu bows slightly. "I don't know if they manage to get here in time, but I will send a message tonight. I agree the order needs a proper representation, I am not a senior member nor a priest after all. I am sure many still consider me a young brat who doesn't know anything, so I am sure having Master Ignatius here would be helpful."

Ryu takes out an unwritten paper and quickly writes up a formal agreement based on what they agreed on, of course keeping "return investment" a bit unclear, which includes the dress and cheaper trinkets. "We just have to sign this somewhat formal paper so that there is something I can show to my father to prove I have already some backing for the project. I am going to our family estate next to convince him." After some silence as he waits for her to sign the paper Ryu speaks again. "Right, and please write your measurements for the dress here." He takes out a smaller piece of paper.

Can I make Master Ignatius a lvl5 gestalt? or shall he be lower level? Although to give him item creation feats lvl3-5 is needed.


HP: 24/24 - AC:15|15|11 - CMD:18 - F:+3|R:+6|W:+4 - Per:+7 Init:+3 - Spells: 1st 6/6

I'm confused. Is the plan to create a funeral pyre where the bodies are laying? So we're talking about a smokey bonfire in an underground lair that we haven't fully explored. Realistically, that's going to delay exploration for several hours at a minimum. Not to mention this isn't sanctified ground - quite possibly the opposite.


HP 41/19 | AC:26/17/18 CMD:24 | F:7 R:4 W:8 | I: +4 P: +8
Straehan. wrote:
I'm confused. Is the plan to create a funeral pyre where the bodies are laying? So we're talking about a smokey bonfire in an underground lair that we haven't fully explored. Realistically, that's going to delay exploration for several hours at a minimum. Not to mention this isn't sanctified ground - quite possibly the opposite.

I was talking about above ground, using some of the wood statues for fuel.


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9

We move everything above ground


When the giant sees that the wood he gathered is now going back outside, he gives the group a strange look. He stoically turns around and carries the heavy load back outside.


{HP 16/36 | AC13 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/6/4 | Inish +5, Per +9}Female Elf Ranger (Urban Ranger) 3 / Wizard (Foreteller) 3

While they prepare for the burning, Sparrow will keep an eye on the southern door, just in case.


HP: 54/64 Saves: +6,+6,+6, Cleric(theologian) + Brawler 4

she thinks to herself
"It would have been better to ask they dead what they wanted."


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9

Speak with Dead doesn't work on those that got turned into undead.

As the pyre is built up Ryu takes a few steps away from it, looks through his backpack, and starts to hum an exotic melody as he prepares for the ceremony.


Half-Orc, hp 55/61, DR 2/-, AC 18, (T12/FF16), Init +4, Perc +6. F+5/R+2/W+3
Tracking:
Rage: 10/10, 1st: 5/5

Kaddoc's is having an internal argument with his footwear. His boot is making an increasingly strong argument for kicking down that other door.


DM Ninja/infinite

Kaddoc, Sparrow, this place is very creepy. You could swear you can hear whispering voices somewhere in this room.


HP 41/19 | AC:26/17/18 CMD:24 | F:7 R:4 W:8 | I: +4 P: +8

Cilyanka heads back upstairs to watch Brindolfin Statck the firewood for the funeral pyre.

So Brind, what brings you to our quiet little corner of the world?


{HP 16/36 | AC13 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/6/4 | Inish +5, Per +9}Female Elf Ranger (Urban Ranger) 3 / Wizard (Foreteller) 3

Sparrow turns to Kaddoc, "I really hope they hurry up there. This place is starting to give me the creeps. Well, worse than before. The walking dead, y'know they're out there, but to actually see one up close like that. If it's got a pulse, you can kill it." She strains to listen, "I swear I hear somone whispering. You hear that?"


Half-Orc, hp 55/61, DR 2/-, AC 18, (T12/FF16), Init +4, Perc +6. F+5/R+2/W+3
Tracking:
Rage: 10/10, 1st: 5/5

@Sparrow:"Aye, I hear it. The unquiet dead perhaps. This place feels unclean."


Brin looks back to Cilyanka, "My father wandered these lands and found a human mate. I know she was Varisian and I think she was from Sandpoint. So I am trying to connect with my roots. I don't fit in with the 'full giants'."
Brin stops to put emphasis on the words full giants, but he is much to macho to EVER use his hands to put air quotes over words.


DM Ninja/infinite

Stupid post monster. Let's try this again.

Ryu_mentor:
Gestalt is fine. If you do use him as an item source, you must provide the same benefits to the rest of the group.

Ryu_time_slip:
She looks over the agreement you've written up, and a brief look of annoyance flits across her face. "I do wwant to meet with one of your superiors before any final commitments. Hm.." She takes the paper, scratches out a few items and writes in a few new, flowery phrases. When she hands it back, it's still an agreement, but it's one of the least binding ones you've ever seen.


HP: 54/64 Saves: +6,+6,+6, Cleric(theologian) + Brawler 4

Alkaid overhearing Kaddoc
"You hear what?"


HP: 24/24 - AC:15|15|11 - CMD:18 - F:+3|R:+6|W:+4 - Per:+7 Init:+3 - Spells: 1st 6/6

Straehan stays out of the way - his size making him all but useless in the cremation and hauling bodies arena. He remains below with Sparrow, Kaddoc, and Biter. He notes the half-orc's itchy foot. "I wouldn't mind seeing what lies beyond that door. And we are scouts after all. It might be professionally irresponsible to not do it." His grin says it all...

What's the first rule? Don't split the party! What are we doing? Having FUN! :D


{HP 16/36 | AC13 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/6/4 | Inish +5, Per +9}Female Elf Ranger (Urban Ranger) 3 / Wizard (Foreteller) 3

Sparrow slides up to the door in an overly dramatic fashion, "Just gonna check it for traps and such."

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


DM Ninja/infinite

You don't spot any traps.


{HP 16/36 | AC13 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/6/4 | Inish +5, Per +9}Female Elf Ranger (Urban Ranger) 3 / Wizard (Foreteller) 3

"So, no traps. But still voices."


HP: 54/64 Saves: +6,+6,+6, Cleric(theologian) + Brawler 4

"What voices?"


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9

Ryu finishes with the preparations, either ignoring the missing of some of his companions, or not realizing it. As he steps to the pyre with the corpses on it, he thinks how it is great that the Phoenix Cult has two variants for the funeral ceremony, one about rebirth and peace, and one about vengeance and hunt. As the latter doesn't require you to kiss the corpses it is the one he choose to perform. Ryu doesn't really want to kiss undead things.

Upcoming scene is flavor, it may include effects for spells that are not made for spell list yet, or are just fluff for the event.

As Ryu's humming becomes stronger he begins to chant in different languages to the rhythm first softly, then he takes out a black mask with the firebird painted on it, and puts it on his face. The ceremony has begun.

BGM (Fire Sacrifices)

Common [In the name of the Divine Phoenix, let us mourn our brethren who have been taken from us by vile, sinister creatures.]
Ryu suddenly had a dagger in his hands appearing from somewhere, and raised it to the sky.

Kelish [Under this burning sun of majestic fire, they are given to the flames of life and death, to be purged and cleansed of taint.]
The dagger is suddenly engulfed in fire, and as Ryu points with it to the funeral pyre the flames crawl over to it, and soon the wood and undead corpses both are aflame while the fire is gone from the dagger's blade.

Tien [The Divine Phoenix always grants us a wish of rebirth or revenge for the fallen. I offer these souls the Oath of the Hunter and promise that those who deserve it will also burn in fires, although those will be full of wrath and anger, and not forgiveness. Their soul will burn eternal in the Prisons of Fire.]
The voice of Ryu becomes stronger, fire sparks and ashes form a little vortex around him, particles going back and forth between the pyre and those surrounding him. He then quickly moves his right hand, still with raised dagger in it, and cuts his left wrist. 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 Blood is flowing from his arm on the burning pyre. The flames hungrily reach after the source of it but they don't burn Ryu.

Varisian [Let me aid you in finding peace, and rest well, until you see revenge on your murderers fulfilled and till you are chosen by the Divine Phoenix to be reborn anew, to live a new life granted by the fire, without the burden from your past lives.]
The pyre burned with unnaturally strong flames, the wood and the corpses quickly turned into ashes, it is as if the silhouette of a phoenix appeared in the fire before it grew in size a last time, begging for further food, before being extinguished lacking further nourishment.

Ryu put away his dagger, and grabbed a handful of hot ashes from the pile. He took off his mask, and softly blew at the ashes in his hand, which flew up into the high sky, then scattered around in the distant. His eyes reflected the flames of the burning pyre, despite it being already gone.
Still with a wounded arm, Ryu silently packed away the mask of the Flame Reaper among his other possessions, and leaves to join up with those missing from the ceremony with a nod towards those who have stood there and witnessed it, noting that it is done now.
The time for ceremonies is over, now the time came to hunt down the necromancer.

"Let the Hunt begin." He whispers.


Brin smiles and nods. "Well done."


Sorry, brutal couple of days… i'm here and should be back to a more normal schedule.

Stray wrote:
"I wouldn't mind seeing what lies beyond that door. And we are scouts after all. It might be professionally irresponsible to not do it." His grin says it all…

Biter shakes himself out of a half-stupor, head lolling to the side against the stone wall. Wiping a river of drool from the corner of his mouth, he nods, "First good'ing idea Biter is'ing to hearing a while."

Biter -- unaware that the ritual thing is over -- pushes the second stone door open, bow back in-hand.

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19; +1 for traps
Stealth 1d20 + 16 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 16 - 1 = 16.


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9

Heh, I didn't think the one goblin char loving fires would decide to actually miss the pyre scene.


DM Ninja/infinite

OK, marching order, please.

Who's up first?

The map was modified in Wayfinder #7, so the description will not completely match up. However, the difference does not significantly affect the rest of the scenario.

You enter a long corridor, simmilar to the one behind the other door. Much like that corridor it has two collapsed tunnels leading off of it. The main difference is that it doesn't end in another room, but in another spiral staircase leading down. A rusty woodcarving knife is laying at the top of the staircase

first person to enter the stairwell:
Give me a will save. Regardless of the total, as you start down the stairs you see a figure at the edge of the shadows, a man wearing a hooded cloak of feathers, mumbling and knocking his head against the bloodsmeared wall. He turns to you, showing hollow, bloody eye sockets, blood dripping from his mouth. He pulls a small knife out from under his bird feather cloak and charges!


HP: 54/64 Saves: +6,+6,+6, Cleric(theologian) + Brawler 4

Hopefully our scout passes the save.


{HP 16/36 | AC13 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/6/4 | Inish +5, Per +9}Female Elf Ranger (Urban Ranger) 3 / Wizard (Foreteller) 3

If I were to guess Marching order, same as before.

Biter, Straehan
Brin, Kaddoc
Alkaid, Sparrow
Cilyanka, Ryu

Or single file
Biter
Strae
Brin
Kaddoc
Alkaid
Sparrow
Ryu
Cilyanka


I think the general idea was for Biter to lead off, which leads to...
Will save 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9

Many people couldn't keep still and went ahead, I don't think the previous position/setup works now, and it will take multiple turns for those who were at the pyre to arrive.


DM Ninja/infinite

4d6 ⇒ (1, 2, 6, 1) = 10

You see Biter rush ahead of you and suddenly yelp as he rises in the air, jerking like he's been stung by bees. As he dos so, carvings of birds appear on his skin.

Biter, Dex check not to fall, please.

451 to 500 of 2,328 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The_Ninja_DM's RotRL Anniversary Special All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.