Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

RotRL aka "The Heroes of Sandpoint"

Game Master Hunger

Something sinister is happening in Sandpoint and only our heroes can stop it. See what happens when a group loses DM after DM and yet the heroes forge on!


7,751 to 7,800 of 7,825 << first < prev | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | next > last >>

Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 6

"Quite possible master Duin, but would it call out before it did?
The previous creature was neither bright nor quiet."


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 3/UC Rogue 3 | AC 22/14/18, hp 34/38; 10/10 Bardic; Effect: None

"Who's to say anyone would answer if he did? But we just need a plan - those were my ideas."


Anything I can answer for you related to the plan? I'll have a map posted tonight, that might help the discussion.


Female Assimar(Idyllkin) Oracle of Battle/4 - Paladin/2 [HP 61/61; AC27,T13,FF26; F+12,R+7,W+11; Per+7; Init +1(roll twice)]

Sayniek looks to her companions.
I can create a area of fog that will block all sight. I do not know if this would be considered normal by the ogre or not. It would block his sight, but also ours.


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 6

"Hmm, possibly more of a hindrance to us then, as the ogre would know this area well enough to navigate it without sight.
However, if we could use the fog to approach close enough, we might be capable of brining down our foe before it can react properly."


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 3/UC Rogue 3 | AC 22/14/18, hp 34/38; 10/10 Bardic; Effect: None

"What do you suggest, Vidar?"


Male Half Orc Barbarian 45/ Oracle 1, Perception +7, Darkvision, Fort +7/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :68

"I could summon something like an eagle and get it to hop around. Might make that dirty sum batch try to come eat him...just a thought"


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 6

"That is not at all an idea without merit.
As stated, if we can take the beast down quickly, we can keep the element of surprise.
And if it is otherwise occupied, those of us who favour melee can get into range under the cover of the mist."


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 3/UC Rogue 3 | AC 22/14/18, hp 34/38; 10/10 Bardic; Effect: None

Camillo looks a little annoyed. "How is summoning an eagle to act wounded different from an illusion of a firepelt? The illusion could appear wounded. It could be an eagle. Maybe it could be a wounded Ulfen wizard crawling out of the trees looking for help."

As he walks away to watch the cause of their discussion as it wanders on its rounds, he adds, "Whatever. If your plan has something for me to do, just let me know what it is once you've made a decision."


Female Assimar(Idyllkin) Oracle of Battle/4 - Paladin/2 [HP 61/61; AC27,T13,FF26; F+12,R+7,W+11; Per+7; Init +1(roll twice)]

Sayniek looks up at Kithian:
You want to be a little bigger for this fight?

You want an enlarge person?


Male Half Orc Barbarian 45/ Oracle 1, Perception +7, Darkvision, Fort +7/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :68

"I was thinkinging food versus something to alarm the others. Hells an illusion of a wounded rabbit would be good to."


Male Half Orc Barbarian 45/ Oracle 1, Perception +7, Darkvision, Fort +7/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :68

Kirhian looks at his small friend and nods his head. "Yeah, might be a good idea."


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 6

Vidar looks confused for a moment, then his eye light up in understanding.
"Oh! You meant to use an illusion master Duin.
I was under the impression we were going to use the actual firepelt, and I was somewhat concerned the ogre might have a throwing weapon."

Scratching his chin for a moment he frowns.
Hmmm, that might be an issue with a summoned creature as well of course...


Female Assimar(Idyllkin) Oracle of Battle/4 - Paladin/2 [HP 61/61; AC27,T13,FF26; F+12,R+7,W+11; Per+7; Init +1(roll twice)]

An illusion of a doe and a fawn would get its attention in no time. I am sure it would consider those an easy snack. They could be right next to the trees to get it to come over and inspect. Then supersized Kithian can lop the ogre's head off.


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 6

"Hmmm...
if we are set on using an illusion there is a good reason to go with the firepelt after all.
Remember, it escaped from here, and was chased by this creatures..."kin"?
If it see it again, having returned, it may want to try and capture it on it's own.
It may indeed be the most attractive..."

Vidar breaks off, frowns and shakes his head.
"Illusions are not my speciality, so I am unsure of the limits, but can we perhaps create an illusion of the other creature?
I would imagine that seeing it's injured companion would draw it here quickly.
Though it could very well call out for aid if it was so.
...
Then again, that could work out for us if we can capture several of the beasts in an ambush."


AC 13/11/11 | 2/5/6 | HP 40 | Init +2, Percep. +10 CMD 13 Slots: | 1st-8 2nd-7 3rd-4 | Arcane Bolt 9/day

I know illusions. Any of these options can be done. Just don't ask me to make them talk. I haven't figured that bit out yet.


Female Assimar(Idyllkin) Oracle of Battle/4 - Paladin/2 [HP 61/61; AC27,T13,FF26; F+12,R+7,W+11; Per+7; Init +1(roll twice)]

I mentioned deer or some game animal, so that the guard would come out and attack without thinking. If it was the firepelt, which this ogre probably knows used to be a ranger's companion, or some other creature that is not natural to the area, then I would expect a call of warning. An injured rabbit or deer, a snake or a bear. Most anything that would be an easy hunting target, and would be something, other than a human, that an ogre would want to eat.


The group prepares the ambush.

As the ogrekin walks toward the house, a large deer leaps from the forest to stand twenty feet away from the creature. The deer slowly turns and moves back toward the forest. The ogrekin stares for a moment before turning toward the barn and shouting something. Looking back at the deer, it unlimbers a massive club and takes a tentative step forward. As this happens, a dense fog rolls across the area, blanketing the farm in a heavy gray mist.

Giant language speakers:
The ogrekin yelled, "C'mere you knobs, dinner just got here!"

The ogrekin's attention is fully on the deer. Your group is about 100' away from him. I assume all spells, including enlarge person have been cast. Please post and let me know what you want to do. The casting was the surprise round, so everyone has a full round in which to act. I'll get a combat map up later today. Let me know if there are any questions.

GM Screen:

1d20 ⇒ 18
1d20 ⇒ 15
1d20 ⇒ 18
1d20 ⇒ 6


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 6

"Ah, We are about to get more than just the one guest for our little gathering.
Brace yourself for additional company."


Male Half Orc Barbarian 45/ Oracle 1, Perception +7, Darkvision, Fort +7/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :68

Can i charge and throw a missle weapon? If not then i will double move, 80'


If it works better for you, we can say you got close enough to charge the main ogrekin during surprise round. You guys planned a good ambush, I don't want to mess it up because of 20 feet. You could easily have crept forward as soon as the fog spell went off.


Female Assimar(Idyllkin) Oracle of Battle/4 - Paladin/2 [HP 61/61; AC27,T13,FF26; F+12,R+7,W+11; Per+7; Init +1(roll twice)]

Sayniek, after finishing making Kithian bigger, draws her sword as she begins to amble toward the expected combat at a slow pace.

Run - move speed is 20' - to get as close as possible.


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 3/UC Rogue 3 | AC 22/14/18, hp 34/38; 10/10 Bardic; Effect: None

When the fog billows forth, Camillo sings a verse and disappears. Vanish, 3 rounds He moves into the yard, circling around to come up on the far side of the ogrekin. The thought that the flanker might be flanked when the second ogrekin comes out gives him pause, but he decides he can't stop now...

He will circle to the right to stay out of Kithian's charging lane. Casting the spell and only getting a single move will put him well behind the barbarian, of course.

Stealth: 1d20 + 12 + 20 ⇒ (17) + 12 + 20 = 49 (+20 from invisibility)


Male Half Orc Barbarian 45/ Oracle 1, Perception +7, Darkvision, Fort +7/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :68

Charge!rage! Reckless Abandon!

Ac:15
Charge Attack: 1d20 + 14 - 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 14 - 2 + 2 + 2 = 24
Damage: 2d6 + 6 + 11 ⇒ (1, 2) + 6 + 11 = 20


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 6

Vidar cracks his knuckles and grins.
Good courtesy means we should announce ourselves.
And if the ogre should turn with a surprised look to meet master Darlocks weapon, all the more amusing surely.

A quick magical phrase later, and a trio of Thassalonian runes streaks from Vidar's hand, to strike the ogrekin in the back.

Magic missile: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (4, 2, 1) + 3 = 10


AC 13/11/11 | 2/5/6 | HP 40 | Init +2, Percep. +10 CMD 13 Slots: | 1st-8 2nd-7 3rd-4 | Arcane Bolt 9/day

arcane bolt, ranged touch: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Force: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Pinocchio also fires a bolt of force, but his takes the form of a ray that streaks out and smacks the ogre between the eyes.


The ogrekin screams as he is struck by Kithian's large falchion, and the spells from Vidar and Pinocchio. Turning, he bellows at Kithian and moves forward (5' step) swinging his ogre hook with all of his might, catching the barbarian with his first attack (23 damage).

Voices call out from the barn and it seems like the ogrekin's allies are only moments from joining the battle.

Kithian and Camillo:
You can both see three more ogrekin moving toward Kithian, they will arrive next round. They all have melee weapons, nothing with reach.

Giant language:
The ogrekin are all screaming and yelling about how they are going to kill Kithian, boil his bones, eat his heart, etc, etc. Typical ogrekin threats and boasts.

It's your turn. Since we have people playing on phones, I'll post a screenshot of the map in the shared folder tonight.

DM Screen:

1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 191d10 + 16 ⇒ (7) + 16 = 23
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 111d10 + 16 ⇒ (6) + 16 = 22


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 3/UC Rogue 3 | AC 22/14/18, hp 34/38; 10/10 Bardic; Effect: None

Kithian and Hunger:
Seeing the approaching support team, the invisible bard decides to up the entertainment value of the encounter, laying a grease spell immediately in the path of the approaching threesome. Do I need to move to see them/accomplish this? I can move up to 30' and still cast.

I am assuming that since I'm not attacking and not casting it on anyone, my (brief) invisibility survives the casting. If that's not the case, please let me know. It won't change my action, but it will change my next one.


Female Assimar(Idyllkin) Oracle of Battle/4 - Paladin/2 [HP 61/61; AC27,T13,FF26; F+12,R+7,W+11; Per+7; Init +1(roll twice)]

Not sure where Sayniek is exactly, but she will move forward in an attempt to interpose herself between super-Kithian and the ogre.

She will use total defense, if she can move far enough with a single move.


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 3/UC Rogue 3 | AC 22/14/18, hp 34/38; 10/10 Bardic; Effect: None

Kithian charged 80' to engage the creature. You said you were running, which is normally limited to 3x normal rate in heavy armor, so my guess is you are 20' from the initial melee and a single move from interposition. But I'm just the bard. :D


AC 13/11/11 | 2/5/6 | HP 40 | Init +2, Percep. +10 CMD 13 Slots: | 1st-8 2nd-7 3rd-4 | Arcane Bolt 9/day

I'm not sure what I can see now that the smoke is up.


Male Half Orc Barbarian 45/ Oracle 1, Perception +7, Darkvision, Fort +7/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :68

Round 2

Rage! Power Attack! Reckless Abandon! Large!

Attack:1d20 + 14 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 14 - 2 + 2 = 21
Damage:2d6 + 11 + 6 ⇒ (6, 4) + 11 + 6 = 27


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 6

Deciding to save his magic until the other enemies had joined the fray, Vidar instead sends an arrow towards the hulking brute...and after a moment he decides to aim for the hulking brute not on HIS side.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Seyniek rushes over to protect Kithian's flank, and Camillo sneaks around and covers an area with grease. Both of the ogrekin rush into the grease, but stop as soon as they hit the grease. They remain standing.

Kithian takes another swing at the ogrekin guard, and takes the monster's head clean off his shoulders!

Pinocchio and Vidar, I have updated the map. The main ogrekin is now dead, leaving two more (visible) who have just come out of the barn. Please let me know what you want to do.

DM Screen:

1d20 ⇒ 19
1d20 ⇒ 17
1d20 ⇒ 2


AC 13/11/11 | 2/5/6 | HP 40 | Init +2, Percep. +10 CMD 13 Slots: | 1st-8 2nd-7 3rd-4 | Arcane Bolt 9/day

arcane bolt, ranged touch: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
force: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
arcane bolt, ranged touch, crit confirm: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
crit damage force: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Pinocchio cats a ray of force and strikes an ogre in the eye!

2/9 used


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 6

Switch the attack to the one in melee with Sayniek instead.


Both attacks hit the ogrekin, driving him to his knees as he bellows in pain.

It's top of the round again, so PCs are up. All the ogrekin did was leave the barn then stop when they hit the grease (making their saves).


Female Assimar(Idyllkin) Oracle of Battle/4 - Paladin/2 [HP 61/61; AC27,T13,FF26; F+12,R+7,W+11; Per+7; Init +1(roll twice)]

I cannot see the map, so let me know if my actions are unacceptable.

Seeing the vile creatures halted by the simple wizard trick, Sayniek moves up to the edge of the area, calling out as she does.

Come attack me little fools. Ragathiel desires cause for retribution. Thinking as she does that she already has many reasons to smite these creatures, but hoping to aggravate them into a foolish attack.

Total Defense - AC33

Move - to the edge of the grease, so that Kithian can swing over her head when the creatures move to attack.


Male Half Orc Barbarian 45/ Oracle 1, Perception +7, Darkvision, Fort +7/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :68

Kithian will wait to position him self with his tin can friend.

Power attack: 1d20 + 14 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 14 - 2 + 2 = 23

Damage 2d6 + 11 + 6 ⇒ (6, 3) + 11 + 6 = 26


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 3/UC Rogue 3 | AC 22/14/18, hp 34/38; 10/10 Bardic; Effect: None

If Camillo tries a double move clockwise around Kithian and the greased ogrekin, can he make it to the square I attempted to mark in purple?


Camillo, yes, you can make it there with a double move.


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 3/UC Rogue 3 | AC 22/14/18, hp 34/38; 10/10 Bardic; Effect: None

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but it won't let me select my icon and move it. That will be Camillo's action. I believe this is his last round of invisibility.


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 6

Hmmm, this is proceeding rather well all things considered.

Knowing that he lacks the proper training to fire safely into combat, Vidar instead opts to send another swarm of runes at the foe his barbarian friend is engaging.

Magic missile: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (4, 2, 3) + 3 = 12

"Unerring death..."


AC 13/11/11 | 2/5/6 | HP 40 | Init +2, Percep. +10 CMD 13 Slots: | 1st-8 2nd-7 3rd-4 | Arcane Bolt 9/day

ranged touch: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
ranged touch confirm: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
force damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
force critical damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Pinocchio sends yet another wonderfully aimed bolt of force directly into the face of the same giant as Vidar.


Female Assimar(Idyllkin) Oracle of Battle/4 - Paladin/2 [HP 61/61; AC27,T13,FF26; F+12,R+7,W+11; Per+7; Init +1(roll twice)]

Sayniek, knowing that the supersized barbarian will deal out far more damage than she will, instead steps over in the hope of blocking the ogres from moving in to attack Kithian.

5-foot step into the greased area.

Fighting defensive - AC30

Attack(aid another): 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 10 - 4 = 14 <-- vs DC10, +2 on Kithian's next attack

Keep hitting them big man.


Swarms of magical attacks fly from Vidar and Pinocchio and slam into the shorter ogrekin. Sayniek steps up and executes a complicated series of strikes that ends with the ogrekin overextended to his side. Kithian takes advantage and brings his falchion around, shattering ribs as he cuts deep into the side of the monster. The ogrekin clutches its side as it crumples to the ground. Dead!

The other ogrekin begins shouting as loud as he can and crouches in a defensive position facing Kithian.

Giant:
"Get out here, brothers, we're under attack!"

Sayniek's Acrobatics roll: 1d20 ⇒ 11
Also, I think 5' step in greased area is not allowed since all movement is doubled, doesn't matter for last round. Thoughts?


Female Assimar(Idyllkin) Oracle of Battle/4 - Paladin/2 [HP 61/61; AC27,T13,FF26; F+12,R+7,W+11; Per+7; Init +1(roll twice)]

If necessary, Sayniek will make a normal move, even if it draws an AoO. Her goal is to block for Kithian.


Male Half Orc Barbarian 45/ Oracle 1, Perception +7, Darkvision, Fort +7/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :68

Kithian moves to the next target.

Attack:1d20 + 2 - 2 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 2 - 2 + 14 = 18
Damage:2d6 + 11 + 6 ⇒ (5, 3) + 11 + 6 = 25


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 6

"It would appear we may see more of their disgusting kin in mere moments."

Rather than continuing attacking the remaining foe, Vidar concentrates on keeping an eye out for reinforcements.


Kithian manages to kill the last ogrekin with one blow, sending its head flying into the trees.

As the rest of the group looks around, Vidar notices movement inside the house near one of the windows.

After several seconds, nobody comes out of the house.

Nice hit Kithian. What would everyone like to do?

7,751 to 7,800 of 7,825 << first < prev | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Devon's RotRL aka "The Heroes of Sandpoint" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.