Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Roshan Does Pathfinder Society PbP

Game Master Roshan


1 to 50 of 564 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10

Gameplay

Sczarni

Elven Rogue Swashbuckler/5; HP 38/38; AC 22; T 16 /FF 18 /CMD 18; Fort +2 /Ref +8 /Will +1; Init +6 ; Perc +10; Sense Motive +0

Dotting

Silver Crusade

{HP21/21 | AC 18 FF17 T11 CMD 16 | F/R/W 5/3/8} Male

Dot

Cheliax

HP 7/7 AC 13 CMD 10 Touch 13 Flat 11 (Unarmed)+0;1d2-1 F +1 R +2 W +2 INIT +2 Perc +2 CMB -2

dotted. First PFS game and I've never played this adventure, should be fun

Silver Crusade

Male Human (Azlanti descent) PFS #38303-3 Invulnerable Rager 4 (hp 45/45 | AC 16 | Per +6 | Init +4 | Fort +6 | Ref +3 | Will +1)

Dot-a-rino!

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Inquisitor/2 - | HP 18/18 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 |SR 7| CMD 14 | Fort +4 | Ref +3 | Will +7 | Init +6 | Perc +9 | Sense Motive +9 // Wand CLW - 44

Not it!


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10

Since everyone's already here lets get started.

In the dead of night you hear a knock on your doors or a shake of your cots. Rubbing your eyes you look up and see Old Tibald, a manservant long in the service of the Society. He collects you all one by one and you find yourselves in the sitting room of Ambrus Valsin, Chamberlain of the Grand Lodge. Tibald crosses the room and slips into the Chamberlain's office, a crack of light dimly illuminating the room.

After a moment you're ushered into the room, "Close the door," Valsin murmurs as you gather in his office. "Let me start by saying, this mission is not for dissemination among other members of the Society." The chamberlain of the Grand Lodge gives everyone a serious look in turn before continuing. "This mission is not an investigation, just a simple, straightforward assignment, but that makes it no less important."

"I need you to book passage to the Lands of the Linnorm Kings, and cross over into Irrisen. You’re to head north and rendezvous with another team who have captured some—" Valsin pauses for a heartbeat before continuing. "—persons of interest. We have reason to believe that these individuals have information on the Shadow Lodge cells that are refusing to reconcile with the Society under Grandmaster Torch’s leadership.” Valsin’s expression becomes particularly grim at that point.

”If these rogue cells are outright refusing amnesty, then they represent a clear threat to all of us. I need you to take charge of these captives and get them out of Irrisen safely and quietly. Once you’re clear of Irrisen, a larger extraction team will take custody of them and bring them in for questioning. Of course, we will cover the expense of your travel in full, and provide maps to lead you to the meeting point in Irrisen. Because of the nature of the mission and Irrisen itself, you’ll be meeting the other team in the field, away from what passes for civilization up there. The team you’ll be getting the prisoners from will show you the best route out of Irrisen, and the castellan of Trollheim has agreed to grant you passage through his lands. You are responsible for avoiding unexpected trouble between the handoff and Trollheim.”

Valsin gestures for you to depart, but pauses, staring at his fireplace for a moment before adding, ”Wait. You need to know this. Your prisoners will be goblins. The Shadow Lodge separatists made extensive use of the sadistic creatures as soldiers and servants, and as much as you may want to throttle them, please remember that we need them alive.”

Sczarni

Elven Rogue Swashbuckler/5; HP 38/38; AC 22; T 16 /FF 18 /CMD 18; Fort +2 /Ref +8 /Will +1; Init +6 ; Perc +10; Sense Motive +0

Sir, do we expect any others to attempt to free the captives during the escort?

Cheliax

HP 7/7 AC 13 CMD 10 Touch 13 Flat 11 (Unarmed)+0;1d2-1 F +1 R +2 W +2 INIT +2 Perc +2 CMB -2

Fextor shifts uncomfortably, pondering the words of the Chamberlain.

"Most honorable Chamberlan. Do I understand you correctly?
This is a covert operation to extradite.... goblins?
Through an uncivilized wilderness.
Is that sanctioned or even legal?
Do we have the protection of the Society in this matter?
If so, might we get that in writing?
Are we to leave post haste?
or upon the morn? or later?"

Fextor thinking to himself. I'll have to inform my Chelish superiors about this and getting it in writing would be preferable.

Grand Lodge

Character Stats:
  • 21 HP
  • AC 18 (T 12 : FF 17)
  • Fort +8: Ref +4: Will +6
  • Initiative +1
  • Perception +8
  • Dwarf Cleric 1 / Ranger 1

    Belegorn is stoic about being rousted so early; the musk of smoked leaf and ale hangs in his graying beard. But at the Chamberlain’s last words he snaps awake.
    Goblins? We are going to the end of the world for Goblins?! Oh, I see, this is some sort of joke.
    They must try to pull this one on all the new recruits.

    Grand Lodge

    Male Dwarf Inquisitor/2 - | HP 18/18 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 |SR 7| CMD 14 | Fort +4 | Ref +3 | Will +7 | Init +6 | Perc +9 | Sense Motive +9 // Wand CLW - 44

    With a head bow and welcoming motion, Gryne speaks-

    My Chamberlain, please allow me to ask a few questions:
    Who is in command of the team holding the goblins?
    How will we identify the extraction team?
    Can we count on their loyalty?

    Silver Crusade

    {HP21/21 | AC 18 FF17 T11 CMD 16 | F/R/W 5/3/8} Male

    Strat wrinkles his nose in disgust at the mention of goblins. "I can't say the prospect of aiding goblins is appealing, the vile little creatures. But if that's the mission, so be it." As the others have asked the questions he can think of (and then some), he awaits the responses.

    Silver Crusade

    Male Human (Azlanti descent) PFS #38303-3 Invulnerable Rager 4 (hp 45/45 | AC 16 | Per +6 | Init +4 | Fort +6 | Ref +3 | Will +1)

    Konnar grimly smiles from the back of the group, Oh goody, we get to babysit goblins. He looks up at Valsin, If the splinter cells are threatening our brothers, they must be dealt with. Even with such a distasteful assignment.


    Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10
    Filios Philandril wrote:
    Sir, do we expect any others to attempt to free the captives during the escort?

    "Not that we know of."

    Fextor Babbletrix wrote:

    "Most honorable Chamberlan. Do I understand you correctly?

    This is a covert operation to extradite.... goblins?
    Through an uncivilized wilderness.
    Is that sanctioned or even legal?
    Do we have the protection of the Society in this matter?
    If so, might we get that in writing?
    Are we to leave post haste?
    or upon the morn? or later?"

    "It’s a three and a half day journey from your rendezvous point to the extraction point outside Trollheim, but the extraction team will remain in place for an additional day in case you’re delayed. Just remember, don’t look for trouble."

    Gryne Skystone wrote:

    My Chamberlain, please allow me to ask a few questions:

    Who is in command of the team holding the goblins?
    How will we identify the extraction team?
    Can we count on their loyalty?

    "Lady Sverrir Lightfoot"

    "I expect you might look at the extraction point for a group of pathfinders holding goblins captive"

    "As much as I can count on yours"

    Sczarni

    Elven Rogue Swashbuckler/5; HP 38/38; AC 22; T 16 /FF 18 /CMD 18; Fort +2 /Ref +8 /Will +1; Init +6 ; Perc +10; Sense Motive +0

    Filios smirks at the final response of Vaslin, and he looks to Konnar and winks.

    Well then, I guess that we should be getting down to the docks to secure passage, unless you have already done that on our behalf, sir? Also, is there any cold weather gear that you can make avaialable for the excursion, or are we on our own for that?


    Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10
    Filios Philandril wrote:
    Well then, I guess that we should be getting down to the docks to secure passage, unless you have already done that on our behalf, sir?

    "There is a ship waiting at the docs for you by the name of Tempest. It will take you most of the way but you must walk the distance between Trollhiem and Lightfoot's camp."

    Filios Philandril wrote:
    Also, is there any cold weather gear that you can make avaialable for the excursion, or are we on our own for that?

    "I have provided for you what I can, this mission is already plundering the society coffers. If you require anything else please handle it yourself."

    Grand Lodge

    Character Stats:
  • 21 HP
  • AC 18 (T 12 : FF 17)
  • Fort +8: Ref +4: Will +6
  • Initiative +1
  • Perception +8
  • Dwarf Cleric 1 / Ranger 1

    Nope, He’s serious. I guess I better grab my cold-weather pack.
    Ok then, we’ll make the journey, with as little trouble looking as possible.

    Silver Crusade

    Male Human (Azlanti descent) PFS #38303-3 Invulnerable Rager 4 (hp 45/45 | AC 16 | Per +6 | Init +4 | Fort +6 | Ref +3 | Will +1)

    Well then, boys, let us grab us some cold weather gear then. Good day then, boss! Loving the fact that this mission has placed him in the graces of three different gods and their representatives, ensuring at least a small plethora of healing, Konnar heads opens the door for his Pathfinder brothers.


    Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10

    Then with a final nod for luck, the venture-captain dismisses you.

    Silver Crusade

    Male Human (Azlanti descent) PFS #38303-3 Invulnerable Rager 4 (hp 45/45 | AC 16 | Per +6 | Init +4 | Fort +6 | Ref +3 | Will +1)

    Purchase of Cold Weather Outfit (8 gp) and heavy blanket (5 sp) for Konnar.


    Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10

    Everyone should have gotten Faction Missions, Check Private Messages

    Sczarni

    Elven Rogue Swashbuckler/5; HP 38/38; AC 22; T 16 /FF 18 /CMD 18; Fort +2 /Ref +8 /Will +1; Init +6 ; Perc +10; Sense Motive +0

    Same purchase of Cold Weather Outfit and heavy Blanket for Filios. Mission received.

    Konnar:
    We should undertake our mission jointly. I imagine that picking her pocket is the way to go. I am not sure that you can aid with a sleight of hand check, but I probably have the higher bonus. A diversion on your part may help my check?

    Silver Crusade

    Male Human (Azlanti descent) PFS #38303-3 Invulnerable Rager 4 (hp 45/45 | AC 16 | Per +6 | Init +4 | Fort +6 | Ref +3 | Will +1)

    Filios:
    I was thinking the same. I will gladly put forth a distraction. I am thinking something with fire should sufficiently distract them all. Hmm, we will see as the moment arises. This is the first time that I have had a faction mission that I could share with a teammate!

    Cheliax

    HP 7/7 AC 13 CMD 10 Touch 13 Flat 11 (Unarmed)+0;1d2-1 F +1 R +2 W +2 INIT +2 Perc +2 CMB -2

    updating gear in profile

    Grand Lodge

    Male Dwarf Inquisitor/2 - | HP 18/18 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 |SR 7| CMD 14 | Fort +4 | Ref +3 | Will +7 | Init +6 | Perc +9 | Sense Motive +9 // Wand CLW - 44

    Nods back at The Chamberlain and follows his colleagues out.

    Silver Crusade

    {HP21/21 | AC 18 FF17 T11 CMD 16 | F/R/W 5/3/8} Male

    Purchasing the same.

    Grand Lodge

    Character Stats:
  • 21 HP
  • AC 18 (T 12 : FF 17)
  • Fort +8: Ref +4: Will +6
  • Initiative +1
  • Perception +8
  • Dwarf Cleric 1 / Ranger 1

    Made sure inventory is up to date.

    Belegorn nods knowingly to Gryne.

    Cheliax

    HP 7/7 AC 13 CMD 10 Touch 13 Flat 11 (Unarmed)+0;1d2-1 F +1 R +2 W +2 INIT +2 Perc +2 CMB -2

    "Alright fellows, shall we meet at the Tempest to embark at say... 9am?"

    is the season or month known?

    Grand Lodge

    Character Stats:
  • 21 HP
  • AC 18 (T 12 : FF 17)
  • Fort +8: Ref +4: Will +6
  • Initiative +1
  • Perception +8
  • Dwarf Cleric 1 / Ranger 1

    Belegorn grunts an assent to the red-headed Gnome as he wanders off.

    Silver Crusade

    Male Human (Azlanti descent) PFS #38303-3 Invulnerable Rager 4 (hp 45/45 | AC 16 | Per +6 | Init +4 | Fort +6 | Ref +3 | Will +1)

    That sounds like a plan, my friend. The Tempest at 9th toll then! I'm going to swing by someplace to grab a bite. No sense getting sick on an empty stomach! Konnar flashes a grin and heads out the door, only briefly looking over his shoulder to see if anyone will be joining him...

    Grand Lodge

    Male Dwarf Inquisitor/2 - | HP 18/18 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 |SR 7| CMD 14 | Fort +4 | Ref +3 | Will +7 | Init +6 | Perc +9 | Sense Motive +9 // Wand CLW - 44

    I will join you Konnar, Let us break bread and swap tales over ale.

    Motions to Belegorn to join us.
    And you my brother, I know you will never turn down an offer for ale

    Silver Crusade

    Male Human (Azlanti descent) PFS #38303-3 Invulnerable Rager 4 (hp 45/45 | AC 16 | Per +6 | Init +4 | Fort +6 | Ref +3 | Will +1)

    The more, the merrier!

    Silver Crusade

    {HP21/21 | AC 18 FF17 T11 CMD 16 | F/R/W 5/3/8} Male

    "Might as well make it a before mission party then, though I suppose we need to keep the before mission part out of it." Strat gives a smile. "That is if you don't mind me joining in."

    Silver Crusade

    Male Human (Azlanti descent) PFS #38303-3 Invulnerable Rager 4 (hp 45/45 | AC 16 | Per +6 | Init +4 | Fort +6 | Ref +3 | Will +1)

    You are more than welcome, my friend! You will have to tell me of the Dawnflower..."

    Grand Lodge

    Character Stats:
  • 21 HP
  • AC 18 (T 12 : FF 17)
  • Fort +8: Ref +4: Will +6
  • Initiative +1
  • Perception +8
  • Dwarf Cleric 1 / Ranger 1

    Did someone say ale? Belegorn follows.

    Gryne:
    Where do you hearken from my fellow Dwarf? I come from the Five Kings Mountains myself. Now I’m out too see more of the land Old Dead Eye watches over.

    Belegorn pauses to purchase a pound of Tobacco Leaf for the long trip ahead.

    Silver Crusade

    Male Human (Azlanti descent) PFS #38303-3 Invulnerable Rager 4 (hp 45/45 | AC 16 | Per +6 | Init +4 | Fort +6 | Ref +3 | Will +1)

    Fextor? Filios? I'd hate for you two to feel left out... Come have a bite with us!

    EDIT:

    For the sake of moving the scenario along, should we do the role-playing in the Discussion section, or should we hold it in this section?

    Grand Lodge

    Male Dwarf Inquisitor/2 - | HP 18/18 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 |SR 7| CMD 14 | Fort +4 | Ref +3 | Will +7 | Init +6 | Perc +9 | Sense Motive +9 // Wand CLW - 44

    Belegorn:
    Ahhhh, I will be honest with you out of respect, I hale from the Mindspin Mountains but my "abilities" forced me from the Sky Citadel and its mines for fear I could not control the Air around me. I have been searching these lands to learn how to control my power. When I do, I shall return the Sky Citadels back to the Dwarves and remove any Orcs that stand in my way.
    My apologies, I am still learning to control my emotions. I respect Dwarven culture, but you must agree we are a bit stubborn in accepting change, no?


    Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10

    Everything in character is handled in the gameplay thread. Everything OOC is in the discussion thread (ooc may be placed in the gameplay thread if it directly relates to that post but discussions are what discussion is for), I figured a little roleplay wouldn't set us back too much and it lets everyone get a feel for where they stand.

    Sczarni

    Elven Rogue Swashbuckler/5; HP 38/38; AC 22; T 16 /FF 18 /CMD 18; Fort +2 /Ref +8 /Will +1; Init +6 ; Perc +10; Sense Motive +0

    I will gladly join you stout drinkers for an ale, or two, or three, or woman, or two, or three...ha, ha, ha! Come let's send this assignment off on a proper note.

    Silver Crusade

    Male Human (Azlanti descent) PFS #38303-3 Invulnerable Rager 4 (hp 45/45 | AC 16 | Per +6 | Init +4 | Fort +6 | Ref +3 | Will +1)

    A, Filios, I doubt we will have enough time for the Pleasure Salons of the Stinging Queen! Ha ha! Konnar lets loose a hearty laugh, Surely, my first destination once we return! Must be pious and offer up my prayers and donations! Ha ha!

    Konnar glances back over his shoulder to see if Fextor is coming...

    Cheliax

    HP 7/7 AC 13 CMD 10 Touch 13 Flat 11 (Unarmed)+0;1d2-1 F +1 R +2 W +2 INIT +2 Perc +2 CMB -2

    "Certainly, I'll come with." walking at a brisk pace to keep up with the larger stride humans and dwarves.

    Silver Crusade

    Male Human (Azlanti descent) PFS #38303-3 Invulnerable Rager 4 (hp 45/45 | AC 16 | Per +6 | Init +4 | Fort +6 | Ref +3 | Will +1)

    Excellent! Konnar says as he navigates his way through the various side-streets toward the market, You know, this will be my first trip outside of Absalom! I have wondered often what the world is like off this island!

    Silver Crusade

    {HP21/21 | AC 18 FF17 T11 CMD 16 | F/R/W 5/3/8} Male

    "I expect to find a great deal of wrongdoing to be righted. At least that's what my thus far limited experience has shown with the society."

    Silver Crusade

    Male Human (Azlanti descent) PFS #38303-3 Invulnerable Rager 4 (hp 45/45 | AC 16 | Per +6 | Init +4 | Fort +6 | Ref +3 | Will +1)

    Aw, don't so grim, my friend, the world has got to be full of good as well as the bad! Laughing out loud, Konnar ducks into a clothier shop, picking out some fine winter clothes, hoping to get a deal for purchasing them off season.

    After a minute of haggling with the merchant, he seems happy leaving with a new set of winter clothes for the great deal of 8 gp. Sure that was the sticker price, but with all of the fine fur lining, he was assured by the shopkeep that 8 gold crowns was a steal!

    Not even going to roll, as I have absolutely no Diplomacy.

    Silver Crusade

    {HP21/21 | AC 18 FF17 T11 CMD 16 | F/R/W 5/3/8} Male

    "Oh no, don't mistake me, my friend. While a world without wrongs would be a wonderful world to wander, it is a dream one must strive for eternally. A dream I gladly will live each day, taking joy in that which I do." Strat's smile beams even brighter. "Even when tested as we shall be with this."

    Silver Crusade

    Male Human (Azlanti descent) PFS #38303-3 Invulnerable Rager 4 (hp 45/45 | AC 16 | Per +6 | Init +4 | Fort +6 | Ref +3 | Will +1)

    Konnar slaps the half-orc's back, That's the spirit!


    Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10

    After a few hours of rubbing elbows and getting to know one another you adjourn to the docks as most shops are getting ready to open and people get about their business. You board the Tempest and set sail for the Land of the Linorm Kings.

    Would you guys like to do some shipboard RP or skip ahead to the action?

    Grand Lodge

    Male Dwarf Inquisitor/2 - | HP 18/18 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 |SR 7| CMD 14 | Fort +4 | Ref +3 | Will +7 | Init +6 | Perc +9 | Sense Motive +9 // Wand CLW - 44

    As Gryne approaches the Tempest he realizes he is the first one there.

    HA! A Dwarf beats them all here, let us mark this day.

    Let's out a satirical laugh.

    Silver Crusade

    Male Human (Azlanti descent) PFS #38303-3 Invulnerable Rager 4 (hp 45/45 | AC 16 | Per +6 | Init +4 | Fort +6 | Ref +3 | Will +1)

    You're a fast one, Skystone! Konnar puts his hands on his knees as he catches his breath... Ahoy, Tempest permission to board!

    I'm good either way...

    Grand Lodge

    Character Stats:
  • 21 HP
  • AC 18 (T 12 : FF 17)
  • Fort +8: Ref +4: Will +6
  • Initiative +1
  • Perception +8
  • Dwarf Cleric 1 / Ranger 1

    Permission Granted! Belegorn calls as he leans out from the forecastle. But only because you two have such pretty faces, HA!

    1 to 50 of 564 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
    Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Frostfur Captives All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.

    ©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.