Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Robin's Rise of the Runelords

Game Master robin

Useful information


1,801 to 1,850 of 1,908 << first < prev | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | next > last >>

Round 1

Gar stands in frozen shock as the flying head flies up and...and... is this thing kissing me?....

"Blahhhhh!"
Fort Save -> 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Gar swings upward with his adze trying to swat the disgusting head but is still too shocked to get a good swing at it. He spits for good measure trying to rid his mouth of the taste of the thing.
Adze swing -> 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Adze damage -> 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Dana , Dorin ?


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cleric 2

Waiting for Dorin. I'll just go. I probably won't be able to post again for a few days. Holiday here in the States.

Danaris instinctively fires an arrow from his bow, hoping to bring the creature down.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 - 4 = 14
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3

Think protection from evil will snap some of our paralyzed friends out of their funk?


Male Human (Varisian) Sorcerer 2D6

(Sorry about that. Huge work day before Thanksgiving.)

Round 1 map is undersandpoint round

Stats-Temp Effects:

HP=12/12 points, AC=13 (touch 13, flat-footed 10), no armor, holding lit torch, wearing both gauntlets, speed=30 ft.
Fort=+1, Ref=+3, Will=+4
Spells: inf/4 for 0th/1st; Acid Splash is 1/1; Heavenly Fire is 6/6
Dancing Lights beyond Gar, into the corridor (2/10 rounds, at AN14).

"Aaaahhh!" Dorin yelled in panic. Then he saw the flying creature try, and succeed, in kissing the dwarf. "Yuck!" he said, dropping the torch. "Magic Missile!" Dorin shouted, pointing at the flying head-thing.
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 points (nice.)

Dorins next actions for everybody:

Recall the Dancing Lights closer, hit the whatever-it-is again with Magic Missile. Quarters are too close for the crossbow. Switch to Heavenly Fire after 2 shots of MM, but HF's only good for one hit.


4d4 ⇒ (4, 1, 1, 4) = 10
Dorin's magic missile is the only thing which succeed in husting this creature this round

Round 2
The head sweeps down to attack Gar and bites him
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 101d4 ⇒ 2

Gar , Dorin and Danaris again while Kast and Malc are still paralyzed


"What is with all the unwanted kissing? Go kiss Kast. That's his thing."

Gar takes another swing at the floating head.
Adze attack -> 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Adze damage -> 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.
'Gar' Duncrick wrote:
"What is with all the unwanted kissing? Go kiss Kast. That's his thing."

**zing!**


Male Human (Varisian) Sorcerer 2D6

Round 2 map is undersandpoint round

Stats-Temp Effects:

HP=12/12 points, AC=13 (touch 13, flat-footed 10), no armor, holding lit torch, wearing both gauntlets, speed=30 ft.
Fort=+1, Ref=+3, Will=+4
Spells: inf/3 for 0th/1st; Acid Splash is 1/1; Heavenly Fire is 6/6
Dancing Lights beyond Gar, into the corridor (2/10 rounds, at AN14).

"Quasits, demon-things, goblins the size of town guards, and now a flying head! Magic Missile!" Dorin muttered disgustedly.
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 points (And we're back to my usual dice rolling.)


Both Dorin and Gar strike while Kast and Malcolm fume impotently . But the flying head is still up and looking forward to take a big chunk out of Gar


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kast stands...

...like a soldier!


Danaris Krupt wrote:
Think protection from evil will snap some of our paralyzed friends out of their funk?

I don't think they are possessed. So PfE will boost AC and saves, but don't think it will help them recover. We are too low for Remove Paralysis or Break Enchantment which are what is likely needed.


Male Human (Varisian) Sorcerer 2D6

(Who's next? I've lost track.)


Danaris, then flying head


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cleric 2

Holidays, holidays . . .
Unsure if Erastil's blessing would be enough to shock Malcolm and Kast out of their stupor, Danaris fires another arrow at the flying head.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 - 4 = 15
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 7


And it is sufficient to down the beast
After some more seconds , the paralysis leave Kast and Malcolm
and Kast is able to tell you you just fought a vargouille , a creature from the lower planes which reproduces by paralysing then infecting its prey by kissing them. The affected creature has then his head metamorphing into another vargouille in a matter of hours and finnaly the head separate from the body to form another vargouille. The ways to stop the transformation is natural sunlightt or 3rd level (or better) light spell . A cure disease would also cure the afflicted creature.


Male Human (Varisian) Sorcerer 2D6

Dorin listened to Kast talking about the flying head. "But the thing kissed Gar, didn't it?" he asked. Dorin looked at the dwarf. "You mean Gar going to turn into a var-ghoul?" the boy said, horrified.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cleric 2

"How are you feeling, Gar? Should we head out and find some sunlight or at least the good father to make sure that you don't turn into one of those beasts?" Danaris asks, a note of concern entering his voice. "Did I kill that thing? Me? Maybe Erastil hasn't completely abandoned us."


"Pwtt!" Gar spits on the head and then kicks it into the wall.

"Tis better that t'was a kiss and my head might fall off, then iffing I spent the night with some demon and something else fall off. Bah..I feel fine expect for a little disgusted. But you guys tell me if you see wings sprout from my ears."


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kast wonders at the evils of creation of a creature that would *want* to kiss Gar. :)

Hideous.

Kast kicks the head around, unhappy for having fallen prey to its chilling scream.

"Well, it was nasty. Maybe there is some indication around here about why it's here? Or treasure?"

Kast will look around.

1d20 ⇒ 3 Perception

* * *

If nothing is found, Kast will lead the party through the door on the opposite wall.


Behind the door are a flight of spiral stairs going up to end in a dead end due to a collapse . It seems you have explored everywhere .


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

"Looks like that's the end of the road. No way to get down here or in that other spot. Let's go back to town and see if the Father won't come down and consecrate this place. I could use a bath."

Kast looks happy that this area is clear, somewhat forgetting the recent death and departure of Zees. He considers smiling for a moment, but his soldiery professionalism gets the best of him and he swallows the brief feeling of mirth.

"Let's get back. Report to the Sheriff and Mayor."


Male Human (Varisian) Sorcerer 2D6

"But I thought we were going to destroy that pool-thing the demon-monster came out of..." Dorin started to say. Then he looked at Kast and Gar. "Let's get Gar to the temple, I mean, let's go to the temple and have Father Zantus come back with us."


does the collapse look recent?

Gar's brow furrows as he plays out all the corridors in his mind. "Doesn't mesh with what the journal said, unless his accomplices are below somewhere else....or they got kissed and flew off."

"Well at least the place is free of beasts, and yeah, lets get the clergy to shut that pool down."


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/8 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 85/85/AC: 22(23)/CMB: 12/CMD: 24/Init: 2/Perc: 6

Aye, Gar, let's get back and report and regroup to determine our next course of action based upon the information that we have uncovered.


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Unless robin has other plans...

Kast will return to the surface and seek out the Mayor (I think the Sheriff is still out of town?) and deliver a full report of what happened down below.


This collapse like the other one is ancient
The sheriff Belor is still indeed out of town and Mayor Deverin says you'd better revert to the initial plan of protecting the town . he should be back in a few days with some reinforcements and that should free you to go to the attack .
As for purifying the temple below , Father Abstalar is happy to go down and use some holy water on the place but after one hour or two down there (I'll assume you all followed him ) , something horrible happen to Gar : his beard and hair are falling in clumps leaving him with an unsettling appearance for a dwarf ...


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/8 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 85/85/AC: 22(23)/CMB: 12/CMD: 24/Init: 2/Perc: 6

Father Abstalar, can you do anything to help Gar?


"Daylight...someone said something about daylight....I am out of here." Gar leaves at a run with his hands pressed over his ears.

He will await the others in the hopefully sunny environs outside the glass factory.


Male Human (Varisian) Sorcerer 2D6

Dorin ran after Gar, shouting about Father Zantus, purification spells, and keeping Gar in the sunlight.


Being in the daylight ( even if it is cloudy) is indeed enough to stop the transformation
Father Abstalar is sorry to tell you that 3rd level spells are out of his power . However as he speaks I do have a scroll of cure disease. I would have to sell it to you in order to buy another for the temple. there is a small chance of Miscast of course but unless you have a better idea ... '


"I got the money. I was saving it for something special....this seems to meet that criteria."


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

"Gar, you look awful. Just awful." Kast looks concerned, but tries to lighten the mood. "Maybe you should still to kissing local daughters instead of thinks found in the old town dungeon."

Kast begins to count out coins, the few that he has.

"You took that kiss for me, Gar, and I appreciate it." Kast pulls some gold. "How much will it be? How much can I contribute?"

* * *

Once Gar is taken care or, the place sanctified, & the Mayor informed, Kast will again begin regular patrols in and around Sandpoint. He will include the dungeon in his patrols, keeping mind on the entrance at the cliffs.

In the mornings and evenings, he will spend time sparring and practicing with both QuasitBane and his new longsword.


1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Father Abstalar succeeds in casting the scroll thus saving Gar !

You have some downtime . Please tell me what are your plans for both the downtime and then for when Sheriff Belor comes back


Male Human (Varisian) Sorcerer 2D6

"Whew. Good thing the Father succeeded."

(Who's totaling what money we need for that Scroll of Remove Disease (375 gp)? Dorin can sell Wand of Shocking Grasp (28 charges - 420 gp / 2 = 210 gp), bottle of wine, strange book, Scroll of Burning Hands (3rd Level - 375 gp / 2 = 187.5 gp). He'll have to go to the book store in town to sell the book, Vin Vinder might take the bottle of wine.)

(Things to do - clean up the closed Rusty Dragon, do deputy duties with Kast, find out who knows ancient Thassilonian in town, redo equipment and sell off extra, say hello to various townspeople for skill advancement, etc.)


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/8 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 85/85/AC: 22(23)/CMB: 12/CMD: 24/Init: 2/Perc: 6

Malcolm will spend most of his days patrolling and training with Kast. He will always be sure to spend at least an hour a day in strict meditation to Abadar at the Cathedral. On days off, he will travel to his parent's outside of town. He will make certain that his patrols take him past the docks to visit with Gar.

Do we have anything in the party treasury that needs to be divided amongst the group?


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cleric 2

I am a bit pressed for time right now, sorry.
In the intervening time, Danaris joins his scheduled patrols while also seeing to his duties as a servant of Erastil. He also manages to make the rounds with his family, visiting his sister's home and trying to encourage his wayward brothers to find productive jobs.

Danaris hasn't bought anything, so he likely has money for the scroll.


Gar throws himself back into his work. Taking out his frustrations on oak planks and spars.

When it is time for his patrols, he wears his cloak hood up, hiding his head, preferring others not see the signs of his recent affliction.


I won't be there this week-end . So that should give you time to discuss what you will do after the sheriff is back


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kast will continue to regularly patrol Sandpoint.

In the mornings and evenings, he will spend time sparring and practicing with both QuasitBane and his new longsword.

"What do you think is next, Malc?" Kast asks during a break from their sparring session. "The Sheriff will be back soon and we might be done."

Kast practices a rather clumsy reverse cut with his practice sword.

Gah! I don't think I'm ever going to get that move right.

"I might move on to Lastwall if we are done here. Go protect the realm from the orc hordes. Want to come with me? I'm sure they could use your sword."


During times of shared patrols Gar relates his plan to bring down the tunnel under the glass works. In fact first the tunnel to the prison and blood pool, and then the tunnel under the factory. There should be no access to that ancient complex, and then limit further chance of goblin infiltration under the town.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/8 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 85/85/AC: 22(23)/CMB: 12/CMD: 24/Init: 2/Perc: 6

Kast, if anything, we should get a promotion for all that we have done. I am pretty sure that our work here is not done, but, if so, I would enjoy spreading the word of Abadar with my sword wherever you decide to go.


After 5 more days , Sheriff Belor comes back
He is accompanied by 4 new faces , obviously guards from Magnimar .
After setting them in town , he goes see Mayor Deverin and after a while they both ask to see all of you.

Once you arrive, Sheriff Belor will cut to the quick :
First thanks for your help there. I have succeeded in gaining replacements for the guards killed . I would have preferred more but stupid pen pushers did not think it necesssary so while I'll be able to defend the town with what we have I can not hope to take the attack to the goblins. Unless, of course you volunteer again to do so.
I understand you discovered some information about what happened .
Can we make a list of what we know , I found it helps plan


Male Human (Varisian) Sorcerer 2D6

"W-e-e-l-l-l" Dorin said slowly, "it has been quite a lot going on."

1.) Goblins attacked the town during the Swallowtail Festival.
2.) Somebody dug up the body of the old priest in the graveyard.
3.) The Kaijitsu Glassworks was taken over by the son, Tsuto, who also kidnapped his sister, Ameiko. Tsuto killed Lonjiku Kaijitsu, his father, and led his sister down into the tunnels under the Glassworks.
4.) The tunnels under the Glassworks led to ancient chambers which included a quasit, demon-spawn, a changed goblin, and undead from the ancient times. Oh, and a flying vampire-head called a vargouille. The tunnels also go down further, I think, as well as a passageway that leads to the beach from the Glassworks.
5.) The quasit killed Ameiko and Tsuto.
6.) We pretty much killed everything we came across, but couldn't save Ameiko.
7.) Tsuto had some drawings and writings that indicated someone else was involved with the goblin attacks too.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cleric 2

"The pictures were of Nualia," Danaris adds. "And it appears that she is part of the goblins that are massing at Thistletop. I fear she holds some sort of grudge against the town."


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

9(?):"Didn't we also kill one of the goblin leaders, Korvusus? I think I have his sword. There are a bunch more goblin leaders, right?" Kast waives his sword around. "It might be important too."


Male Human (Varisian) Sorcerer 2D6

"So this Nualia didn't die, holds a grudge against Sandpoint, and uses goblins to do her dirty work. She's gathering all the goblin tribes and leaders into Thistletop." Dorin summarized for the Sheriff. The dark-haired youth looked around them in the Mayor's office. "So who's going after this Nualia and her gobin henchmen?" Dorin asked with a young man's naivety.


Sheriff Belor
Any idea of when they will attack ?


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.
robin wrote:

Sheriff Belor

Any idea of when they will attack ?

"How would we know that?" Kast return asks the Sheriff. "Who would know that?"

Is this something we know, robin?


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cleric 2

Danaris flips through the Tsuto's journal for a bit. "This journal details a number of plans for attacking Sandpoint. I'm afraid it doesn't indicate a particular time for the attack, but I worry it may be soon. Tsuto and Nualia seemed to have been negotiating for assistance with the demon below Sandpoint. Now that the demon–and Tsuto–are gone, that may speed up Nualia's plans. Also, the journal indicates that they were looking for someone or something called Malfeshnekor. Any idea what that means?"

Knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

While Danaris waits for other folks to respond, he wracks his brain, trying to recall any bit of information about Malfeshnekor.


No but Sheriff Belor asked anyways

So to resume, we do not have much time and can not wait for Shalelu to come back. So assuming you volunteer , when will you be ready to go and do you need anything to help you ?

1,801 to 1,850 of 1,908 << first < prev | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Robin's Rise of the Runelords All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.