Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Robin's Rise of the Runelords

Game Master robin

Useful information


1,451 to 1,500 of 1,908 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>

Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/7 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 7475/AC: 22(23)/CMB: 11/CMD: 23/Init: 2/Perc: 4

Malcolm detects evil as a free action, and he looks for the aura of the disembodied voice.


You see a Big room . For once the roof is 45 feet high . There are stone doors on either side . The walls are covered in strange spiky runes . In the center if the room is a large pool of water , a ring of polished skulls arranged in a circle around it . At the far end of the room a pair of stone stairs leads up to a pulpit leads up to a pulpit on which sits a second pool of bubbling reddish liquid like translucent lava . Just before it is Ameiko ! she is like a bondage doll (ropes , gagged so as to be in an obscene position: she can be considered in an helpless situation ) and some marks on her indicated she has been tortured and is near coma . Near her is a sinspawn wielding the ranseur you first found in the statue .
Also the corpse of a nearly naked Tsuto is indicated by the 'c' and a pile of equipment is in 'e' .

The hated voice speaks again
oh ! you came prepared to rape dear Ameiko. Good thing , Tsuto did balk at this . No matter , he was an unfit consort to dear Nuala.

map


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/7 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 7475/AC: 22(23)/CMB: 11/CMD: 23/Init: 2/Perc: 4

Abadar forgive me this falsehood for it will lead to good, I promise!

I am prepared to take the girl. Come friends, and watch the ceremony!

Malcolm slowly begins to walk to AN28 as if he is going to rape Ameiko, and he motions for the others to follow.

Bluff: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Greeeeat...


A bluff check is definitely necessary there


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

"Let's stay spread out. Beware the summons of this demon."

Kast turns to Malc as he moves to AP25 and whispers as Malc walks by.

"I'll get pinky, you get the girl."


Male Human (Varisian) Sorcerer 2D6

At the sound of the disembodied voice again, Dorin's eyes went wide and he began pushing Zees from behind. "Did you hear that? Hurry!"

(Malcom's Detect Evil is a good idea. Dorin can Detect Magic as well, but not with both hands full. He'll either have to drop the lighted torch or the crossbow. Since the sinspawn looks ready to skewer Ameiko, I think he's the first target. Dorin will attack with the crossbow as soon as possible.)


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/7 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 7475/AC: 22(23)/CMB: 11/CMD: 23/Init: 2/Perc: 4

Robin, is initiative in order?


Male Human - Varisian Wizard 1 - Universalist

Zees never makes it past the woman with wings. He's read of such things, but to actually see it before him. 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26 (Knowledge ???)

However, once Kast opens the door and reveals the horrors there, Zees is brought back to his senses. He grips his mighty club tightly and waits for things to explode.


Ok first round : Malcolm detect there is Evil present
Zees , the statue represent Lamashtu
Now I need from each of you to tell me where you wish to be .
Malcolm, unless you want to initiate combat , it has not yet begun .


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kast will limp to AP25.

"Oh boy, sex!" Kast will say as he enters.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 Bluff


If allowed, Gar will double move up to AO24


Male Human - Varisian Wizard 1 - Universalist

Zees looks away from the statue to the condition of Ameiko and the evil that must lurk within. He imagines himself a mighty wizard with numerous powerful spells and magical items at his command. Surely, he could easily deal with the evil and save Ameiko.

Reality quickly returns as he remembers he has only a magic missle and color spray left. Those, and his mighty club.


Male Human - Varisian Wizard 1 - Universalist

Zees would likely be in front of the statue at AO21.


Male Human (Varisian) Sorcerer 2D6

(robin, Dorin is holding a torch. Are there any other light sources? I'd like to know if Dorin can drop the torch if needed. As far as movement, Dorin will try to find out where that voice is coming from and get within 15 feet to shoot at it with the crossbow. Otherwise, he's going to AN24 next to Gar to get a clear shot at the creature next to Ameiko. Obviously we need to take out C1 first.)

Seeing the sinspawn creature holding the ranseur, Dorin muttered, "I knew we should have kept that weapon."


nope , no light source


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cleric 2

Danaris will move to AN19 and cast light on his holy symbol of Erastil. He still has the net ready.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/7 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 7475/AC: 22(23)/CMB: 11/CMD: 23/Init: 2/Perc: 4

Malcolm will move to AM26.


I'll amend my last description : the second pond is in fact glowing a little (not enough to really illuminate anything )

Malcolm detect a moderate source of evil hovering in AN30 and there are in all 4 auras
I can see from here you are not standing at attention . Too bad , this means the chit is of no more use . Oh well , time for combat then and just to make it interesting ...

Perception DC 20 ( +1 for each 2 5' you are from AN30 )

Spoiler:
you can see a drop of bllod falling into the pool and then

The pool glows a little more and a second sinspawn appear suddenly in AM29 . The glow from the pool is fainter after this

Feel free to react . If your action is an attack or a standard action , the first to act will initialize the round ... and the others will follow


Perception DC21-> 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

"Enough from this squirt! Arghhhh!"

Gar rushes forward skirting the pool (20' to AP28) and swings the loaned short sword.

Short Sword Attack-> 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Short Sword Damage-> 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Status:
18 AC, 10/20 HP


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/7 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 7475/AC: 22(23)/CMB: 11/CMD: 23/Init: 2/Perc: 4

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 19

Malcolm sees Gar attack, notices the additional enemy and evil aura, and moves to AM28 to attack C2 with his Longsword.

There is anothr Sinspawn next to the pool, anf the Quasit is directly behind Ameiko.

LS ATT:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
LS DAM: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Male Human (Varisian) Sorcerer 2D6

Free action round, map is undersandpoint round

Gar roared past Dorin, and Dorin remembered the last battle with the quasit. The multiple waves of nausea that had felled his friends, only Dorin himself being out of the range. I'll bet that hellspawn does that again. The boy thought to himself. We'll have to say as far apart as possible.

Dorin called over his shoulder "Danaris! We need you up here! Zees, don't forget to stay out of that thing's evil miasma!" (30 feet). He then moved to his right, into the corner of the room. (At AK24.) Dorin dropped the torch to the stone floor, and began casting a spell with his freed hand.

(No, not Magic Missile - Dancing Lights! And Dorin will send the four lighted globes at the quasit to annoy it and light up the area for the others. That should illuminate the whole room.)


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Kast will look at Dorin, then say to Danaris. "Wait. Your time is not yet. We need you to be safe."

Dorin should have stayed back as well.

Kast will advance on C1, but his action will depend on the initiative and what happens on Gar's move.


Round 1

Initiative
Gar
Malcolm 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Dorin 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Kast 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (20) - 2 = 18
Zees 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Danaris 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
C11d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
C21d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Quasit

Gar tries to attack the first sinspawn despite his upper position . I can not show it on the map but there should be a line between line 28 and 29 since there is a 5' height difference
C1 with his ranseur has an AoO
1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 62d4 + 1 ⇒ (3, 1) + 1 = 5
Malcolm tries to attack too but with as much unsuccess as Gar

Now that the place is better lighted , you can see that strewn about in AP21 is the equipment of Malcolm Gar and presumedly Tsuto ( it is indeed his corpse which is in AL27

Kast and Danaris can act

Map


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Round 1

Kast will double move to AP30.

Kast Stats:

AC = 19
HP = 18/18
Spells cast = 3/4
Effects = Mage Armor, not sure about Prot from Evil
Weapon = Cold Iron


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cleric 2

The bs indicate the pool of water? Can I move through it if necessary?
Danaris will move to AO23 and cast Bless.

"Erastil aid your people. Give us the power to banish this evil creature from your community!"

That's a 50 foot burst +1 to attack and saving throws


End of round 1

You could move through the pool but it would cost you double .
C1 let the ranseur fall at his feet and decides to attack Gar
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 51d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 151d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 91d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

C2 seeing a nearly naked Malcom in fornt of him decides to take some chunks out of him.
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 161d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 121d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 201d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
With Malcolm's current AC , I am afraid he is hurt quite badly

Zees' turn and then the quasit


Male Human - Varisian Wizard 1 - Universalist

Round 1, Init 8

Status:
HP 16/16
AC 16 (mage armor)
CM Bonus = 0
CM Defense = 12
Fortitude = +2
Reflex = +2
Will = +3

Cantrips - (4 per day)
- Daze (DC 15 Will)
- Flare (DC 15 FORT)
- Spark
- Ray of Frost
1st Level spells (4 prepared per day + bonded object)
- Color Spray (DC 16 Will: +1 level 1 spell, +5 INT)
- Grease* (DC 18 REF, +1 level 1 spell, +5 INT, +1 from focus, +1 from tattoo)
- Magic Missle
- Ear-piercing Scream
Spells used: Grease, ear-piercing scream, bonded object

Zees moves up into the doorway next to Danaris at AN23 while pulling out his club. He uses hand of the mage to try and hit C1, but is unsuccessful.

1d20 + 5 + 1 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 1 - 4 + 1 = 7 (INT, BAB, Cover, Bless)


The quasit speaks in thassilonian

Spoiler:
NO ! No ! Stupid ! I told you to kill the woman !

It then incants a short spell without any visible effect

Round 2
Gar
Malcom
Kast
Dorin
Danaris


Male Human - Varisian Wizard 1 - Universalist

I'm unclear. Is the quasit visible or is the location just known due to the detect spell.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/7 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 7475/AC: 22(23)/CMB: 11/CMD: 23/Init: 2/Perc: 4

As far as I know, you are only aware of its position because I told you where it was based on Detect Evil aura.


Round 2

5' shift to AO-28. Attack on C-1

Short Sword -> 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Short Sword damage -> 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Ugh!


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Silly question: what do the 'b's refer to on the map? Can I stand on them?


The b represent the basins . The second one is in fact glowing a little. The quasit is still invisible


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

Round 2

Kast will 5' limp to AP30 and swing on the abomination.

1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 1 = 12 CI longsword to hit;
1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 damage.

Ameiko!

Kast Stats:

AC = 19
HP = 18/18
Spells cast = 3/4
Effects = Mage Armor, not sure about Prot from Evil
Weapon = Cold Iron


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/7 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 7475/AC: 22(23)/CMB: 11/CMD: 23/Init: 2/Perc: 4

Round 2

Stats

Spoiler:
HP: 5/27, AC: 15 (10 + 1 Dex + 4 Mage Armor)Long Sword (+6 ATT/1d8+4 DAM), Flask of Oil, Blessed (+1 ATT and Saves)

Malcolm slides to AL29 and attacks C2.

LS ATT: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 1 = 14
LS DAM: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Malcolm tries to jump up the step between him and the sinspawn without having a running start without success . So he stays in AM28
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
On the plus side , he is the only one succeeding to hurt a sinspawn


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cleric 2

Danaris moves to AM 27 and casts cure light wounds on Malcolm:

1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/7 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 7475/AC: 22(23)/CMB: 11/CMD: 23/Init: 2/Perc: 4

Thanks Danaris!


Male Human (Varisian) Sorcerer 2D6

Round 02, init=After Kast and before Danaris, map is undersandpoint round

Stats-Temp Effects:

HP=12/12 points, AC=13 (touch 13, flat-footed 10), no armor, wearing both gauntlets, speed=30 ft.
Fort=+1, Ref=+3, Will=+4
Spells: inf/1 for 0th/1st; Acid Splash is 1/1; Heavenly Fire is 6/6
Active: Dancing Lights (1/10 rounds)
Lit torch at Dorins' feet to give light in the corner of the room.

With the quasit disappearing again while his friends fought the two sinspawn, Dorin cast Detect Magic to try and find the little imp. I can't shoot it while it's invisible, but I bet I can keep those Dancing Lights around it for the others to know where it is. he thought to himself. Dorin kept the crossbow with its' cold iron bolt ready, just in case.

"Malcolm, protect Ameiko! I'm going to keep the lights on the quasit! Where's that net?" Dorin called out loudly.

Dorins next actions for everybody:

Move the Dancing Lights as needed, or shoot C2 with a crossbow bolt and then reload.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/7 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 7475/AC: 22(23)/CMB: 11/CMD: 23/Init: 2/Perc: 4

OK - Bad guys - then top of Round 3: Fingers crossed!


round 2 continuing :

C1 in thassilonian

Spoiler:
Sorry mistress

It then turn to Ameiko
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 281d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 111d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 131d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Possible critic on bite 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 251d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

All his attacks strike the bound Ameiko and while the blood is everywhere , he turns back toward Gar and Kast spitting a glob of flesh

C2 more prosaïc just hit Malcolm
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 121d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 231d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 61d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Map

Zees and then the quasit to finish the round


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cleric 2

For my turn or perhaps the next one, I'll need to know how Dorin's trick with the dancing lights is doing at aiding us in seeing the quasit. Can I try to net her based on the lights?


Male Human - Varisian Wizard 1 - Universalist

Round 2, Init 8

status:

HP 16/16
AC 16 (mage armor)
CM Bonus = 0
CM Defense = 12
Fortitude = +2
Reflex = +2
Will = +3

Cantrips - (4 per day)
- Daze (DC 15 Will)
- Flare (DC 15 FORT)
- Spark
- Ray of Frost
1st Level spells (4 prepared per day + bonded object)
- Color Spray (DC 16 Will: +1 level 1 spell, +5 INT)
- Grease* (DC 18 REF, +1 level 1 spell, +5 INT, +1 from focus, +1 from tattoo)
- Magic Missle
- Ear-piercing Scream
Spells used: Grease, ear-piercing scream, bonded object

Zees tries to send his club at C2, but is closer to hitting Malcolm then the creature.

Zees then steps 5' to AO24 and pulls out a scroll of magic missle.

1d20 + 6 - 8 ⇒ (7) + 6 - 8 = 5 (-4 cover, -4 melee)


Male Human (Varisian) Sorcerer 2D6

(I think Ameiko might need a channel to stabilize after that coup de grace!)


you could try but you would have a 50% miss chance
The quasit begins to incant staying still invisible . It is a full round spell

Round 3
Gar
Malcom
Kast
Dorin
Danaris
C1
C2
Zees
Quasit


Gar shifts to flank one of the creatures with Kast (5' step to AN-28) and attacks.

flanking short sword attack -> 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 3 + 2 = 19
flanking short sword SA damage -> 1d6 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 2 + (2) = 5

Damn. Finally hit and basically min-out with a sneak attack.


Male Human (Varisian) Scholar 2; AC 14, Touch 9, Flat 14 (-1 dex); HP 21/21; Init -1.

"Beware, it summons!" Kast remembers the dog that almost ate Zees during the first Battle Royale: The Quasit Strikes First.

This time it's payback!

Kast takes advantage of Gar's flank.

1d20 + 6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 + 1 = 12 to hit;
1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 damage.

Sonuva@#%*!


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/7 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 7475/AC: 22(23)/CMB: 11/CMD: 23/Init: 2/Perc: 4

ROUND 3

Stats:

Spoiler:
HP: 8/27, AC: 15 (10 + 1 Dex + 4 Mage Armor)Long Sword (+6 ATT/1d8+4 DAM), Flask of Oil, Blessed (+1 ATT and Saves)

Malcolm again attacks C1

Die you waste!

LS ATT: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 1 = 12
LS DAM: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cleric 2

Danaris channels positive energy, excluding the two creatures and the quasit.

1d6 ⇒ 1
!!!!

Those exclamation marks cover an utterance unbefitting a servant of Erastil.
He then moves to AK29.

How's everyone feeling about the net? I figured that Ameiko's healing came first. Next round I can try to bring the quasit down. Is that worth it or should I drop the net, grab a spear and help flank?


Danaris , given your charisma , you can only exclude 2 creatures . I'll assume these are the sinspawn since the quasit has not been hurt yet

1,451 to 1,500 of 1,908 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Robin's Rise of the Runelords All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.