Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Rise of the Runelords take two (Inactive)

Game Master Vuvu


1 to 50 of 88 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>

Pre-Events read if you like:
The swallowtail festival starts out with some opening speeches from a few of Sandpoints well now public figures. The first speaker is a woman that introduces herself as Mayor Deverin. Her friendly attitude and excitement prove contagious as she welcomes visitors to town. The next speaker is Sheriff Belor Hemlock and he brings the crowds morale down a little with his dour mood. He reminds everyone to be safe around the evening's bonfire, and requests a moment of silence to remember those that lost their lives in the fire that claimed the town's previous church several years ago. The next speaker was supposed to be local nobleman Lonjiku Kaijitsu, but a sudden illness has prevented him from attending the ceremony so he was replaced by Sandpoint's own showman Cyrdak Krokkus. He is able to return the crowd to there positive mood with his rousing anecdotes. He delivers a not-completely-irrevelent recap of the long process the town went through to finance and construct the new cathedral. He throws in a bit of self promotion at the end, inviting everyone to stop by the Sandpoint Theater the following evening to check out his new production of "The Harpy's Curse". Finally, Father Zantus steps up to give a short speech thanking everyone for coming before declaring the Swallowtail Festival underway. That announcement is met with a collective cheer as the welcoming speeches have out lasted there welcome amongst most of the crowd.

Numerous games and contests take place during the day, including sack races, games of hide-and-seek, weight-lifting challenges, balance beam contests, and tug of war events.

At noon, Father Zantus and his acolytes wheel a large covered wagon into the square, and after recounting the short parable of how Desna first fell to earth and was nursed back to health by a blind child whom she transformed into an immortal butterfly as a reward for her aid, they pull aside the wagon's cover, releasing the thousand children of Desna, a furious swarm of swallowtail butterflies that swarm into the air in a spiraling riot of color to a great cheer from the crowd. Throughout the rest of the day, children futilely chase butterflies, never quite quick enough to catch them.

After the releasing of the swallowtail butterflies the local taverns hold their annual food competitions. Food from The Rusty Dragon, The Hagfish, and The White Deer, are offered to the crowd for free. The Rusty Dragon offers up a remarkable curry-spiced salmon and early winterdrop mead. The Hagfish offers up a decent lobsster chowder. The White Deer offers up a peppercorn venison that is hands down the worst thing served that day. It is clear that this years competition has, once again, gone to Ameiko Kaijitsu of The Rusty Dragon.

Finally, as the sun begins to set, and everyone is gathered around the central podium. As the crowd grows ever larger and the last few stragglers make it to the group father Zantus takes the central podium. He uses a thunderstone to attract everyone's attention, and clears his throat as he prepares to recite the Prayer of First Dreaming. A sharp retort to the thunderstone, like the crack of distant thunder, slices through the excited crowd as the sun's setting rays paint the western sky. A stray dog that has crawled under a nearby wagon to sleep starts awake, and the buzz of two dozen conversations quickly hushes as all heads turn toward the central podium, where a beaming Father Zantus has taken the stage. He clears his throat, takes a breath to speak, and suddenly a woman's scream slices through the air. A few moments later, another scream raises, then another. Beyond them, a sudden surge of strange new voices rises. High-pitched, tittering shrieks that sound not quite human fill the air. The crowd parts and something low to the ground races by, giggling with disturbing glee as stray dog gives a pained yelp and then collapses with a gurgle, its throat cut open from ear to ear. As blood pools around its head, the raucous sound of a strange song begins, chanted from shrill, scratchy voices.

You all have been dispersed in the crowed and are the first to react to the panic in the streets. Please roll me initiatives and then post what you decide to do. Some options are:
1. Try to calm the people around you.
2. Make a perception check
3. Panic and run away

Perception check DC 12:

The shape that raced by and killed the dog now hides at the wagon's edge-a single goblin, licking the blood from its dogslicer as it looks excitedly at the crowd, seeking out a new target.

The song that the creatues are singing can be found here...sorry for very poor sound quality.


Skills:
Bluff+10; Climb+1; Diplomacy +10; Disguise+3; Intimidate+3; Handle Animal+9; Heal+7; Knowledge (nature)+11; Knowledge (geography)+9; Perception+8; Sing+1; Dance+10; SM+10; Surv+11; Stealth+7; Spellcrft +10
i Human (Shoanti) Bard (Thundercaller)
Vital:
Init +4; HP 11/29; AC 14/12/12; Fort +2 Ref +6; Will +5 (+7 sonic, mind effect, bardic perf); Arrows 21; 6 Silver, 1 Undead Bane, 10 +1, Blunt 8, Lvl 1 5/5;Lvl 2 2/2 BP 10/13

WOO HOO!!!!

Perception1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Vachordi Draws his bow and knocks and arrow then tries to locate the source of the disturbance.

Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Goblin by the wagon! Vachordi shouts.

Speaking in Goblin:
By the winds you shall not leave here beast


Male Dwarf Fighter 1

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 9

Durgan can't make sense of what's going on with all the confusion about him. His eyes snap over to the wagon as the human shouts the word 'goblin'.

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Only one? That makes no sense. How'd it get in the city anyway?

Still trying to make out exactly where the verminous little runt stands, Durgan draws his waraxe and begins heading towards the wagon.


Tania had been looking forward to this moment. Faith brings a city together, and the festival would mark an important transition for Sandpoint. Of course, it wasn't a church to Gorum, but Tania had learned a bit of patience.

Plus, what a nice change from the stupid orders of the Watch! she thought, as she had been more and more at odds with Hemlock and guessed that he probably was about to fire her.

She collected her thoughts as Zanthus prepared to speak, ready to connect with the divine, when the scream broke her focus.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Like others, she spots the goblin. Not caring about the crowd, she walks with intent towards it, drawing her father's greatsword.


Female Varisian Cleric 1

Perception1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Initiative1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

Goblins here in town? Who invited them to the festival?

Sal draws a starknife, and makes her way to the wagon.


Male Varisian Human Air Elementalist (Wizard) 2 / Archivist (Bard) 2 [ HP -4/20 | AC 11/11/10 | CMB +0, CMD 11 | Fort +1, Ref +4, Will +3 | Init +2; Perception +5 (+7 when familiar near) ]

Chaise Initiative 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Chaise Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Isme (raven familiar) Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Isme (raven familiar) Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

Chaise was sipping the last of the early winterdrop mead given earlier when the screams rang out. Sensing danger, Chaise stands and Isme on his shoulder swallows the last of the curry-spiced salmon before looking around.

He feeling surprise from Isme and then spots the goblin near the wagon, who is licking his bloody dogslicer.

"Asta e neigienic," Chaise says, even as he watches out for any more goblins nearby.

"Urât," Isme comments.

"Da, am observat."

"Oh, nu, Eu nu vorbeam despre tine."

"Foarte amuzant."

The raven preens and continues to keep on the lookout as they keep away from the goblin but stay still due to not wanting to get lost in the panicking crowd.

"Nu mă ajuți?" Isme asks.

"Eu nu aș fi mai degrabă implicate."

"Ce ar spune mama ta?"

"Ea mi-ar spune să fure obiecte de valoare cele mai apropiate nesupravegheate."

"Tu spui, 'a face cea mai mare de oportunitate'."

"Asta e ceea ce ea ar fi spus, dar amândoi știm că înseamnă același lucru pentru ea."

"Înțelept femeie."

Varisian (Conversation):

"That's unhygienic," Chaise says, even as he watches out for any more goblins nearby.

"Ugly," Isme comments.

"Yes, I've noticed."

"Oh, no, I was not talking about you."

"Very funny."

[...]

"Not going to help?" Isme asks.

"I'd rather not get involved."

"What would your mother say?"

"She'd tell me to steal the nearest unattended valuables."

"You mean, 'make the most of the opportunity'."

"That's what she'd say but we both know they mean the same thing to
her."

"Wise woman."


Round 1 wrap up

Tania you move through the panicking crowd and draw your greatsword but are not able to get to a goblin before the end of the round. The goblin that was licking the blood off his dogslicer comes charging towards Tania and takes a swing at her with the blade but it goes just wide of her leg. Durgan you draw your waraxe and start making your way towards another goblin. On your way you see a woman wearing armor holding a great axe get swung at but you guess for now that she can hold her own. One of the other goblins comes out from behind the wagon to meet Durgan head on. He draws his dogslicer as he moves and swings at the mighty dwarf. His dogslicer goes wide and his midsection is left open to attack. Vachordi Strong Wind you knock an arrow and prepare to fire. So far the goblins seem to be focusing on armored and well offenced people so you're not as worried about them attacking townspeople but then again the screams still ring out around you. A goblin comes up behind Vachordi and tries to attack him with his dogslicer. His blade strikes true and opens a vicious gash across the young bards back. Vachordi you take 3 points of damage. Chaise you decide to not get involved...for now.

init:

Tania
Goblin
Durgan
Goblin
Strongwind
Goblin
Chase
Raven

Attacks of opportunity by party members:

Attacks on party:

Attack on Tania:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 141d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Attack on Durgan:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 131d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Attack on Strong wind:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 181d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Party Saves:

Creature Saves:

Party Damage:

Party Skill Checks:

Enemy Skill Checks:

DM EYES ONLY KEEP OUT:

Goblin init:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 111d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 71d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Sorry for the hold up...once carwyn acts we will add him to the fold.


Skills:
Bluff+10; Climb+1; Diplomacy +10; Disguise+3; Intimidate+3; Handle Animal+9; Heal+7; Knowledge (nature)+11; Knowledge (geography)+9; Perception+8; Sing+1; Dance+10; SM+10; Surv+11; Stealth+7; Spellcrft +10
i Human (Shoanti) Bard (Thundercaller)
Vital:
Init +4; HP 11/29; AC 14/12/12; Fort +2 Ref +6; Will +5 (+7 sonic, mind effect, bardic perf); Arrows 21; 6 Silver, 1 Undead Bane, 10 +1, Blunt 8, Lvl 1 5/5;Lvl 2 2/2 BP 10/13

posting, since we are getting summaries it seems ok to be out of order

]Vachordi grunts, cursing himself for not seeing the monster sneak up on him. He spins as he steps away, as he calls out.

Rally brave warriors of Sandpoint! Together we can end this scourge!

Begins inspire courage. All allies +1 to hit and dam and saves vs fear


Yes you can all post out of order and I will do summaries at the end of every round. For the most part I find this works the best...it turned into a real mess in the 16th level game I'm running but thats because there are WAY to many options at 16th level lol...not so much an issue here at 1st level.


Female Varisian Cleric 1

Can I join the initiative?
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15


Male Varisian Human Air Elementalist (Wizard) 2 / Archivist (Bard) 2 [ HP -4/20 | AC 11/11/10 | CMB +0, CMD 11 | Fort +1, Ref +4, Will +3 | Init +2; Perception +5 (+7 when familiar near) ]

I'll just keep up the snarky commentary. These aren't my actions for this round by the way, that's just me waiting to see what the others will do.

"Ooh, asta trebuie să fi rănit," Isme says, commenting on Vachordi's wound from the unexpected goblin.

They watch as the bard steps back and shouts.

"Dramatică, nu este el?"

"Foarte," Chaise agrees. "Sunt surprins că are suflare suficient pentru că, după ce a fost lovit."

"Mhm. Știi, ar trebui să nu te mai comporta asa suspicios."

"Ce vrei să spui?"

"Ei bine, toată lumea se execută în jurul valorii de aici și sunt doar în picioare calm."

"Rulează în jurul valorii de nevoie de energie atât de mult, deși, și eu sunt încă pe deplin de faptul că mai devreme masă excelentă."

Isme hums in agreement. They continue watching the proceedings.

Varisian:

"Ooh, that must've hurt," Isme says, commenting on Vachordi's wound from the unexpected goblin.

They watch as the bard steps back and shouts.

"Dramatic, isn't he?"

"Very," Chaise agrees. "I'm surprised he has enough breath for that after being hit."

"Mhm. You know, you should stop acting so suspicious."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, everyone's running around and here you are just standing calmly."

"Ah. Running around takes so much energy though, and I'm still full from that excellent meal earlier."

Isme hums in agreement. They continue watching the proceedings.


Male Dwarf Fighter 1

Killing goblins doesn't even qualify as monster slaying in Durgan's mind but after 15 years of malaise it's good to have something to take your frustration out on. He tries an upward swing of the axe on the goblin who attacked him.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 1 = 18
Damage: 1d10 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 1 = 6


sorry Salisandra...I swear I wrote your init down but it didn't make the final list on the boards...please post a second round action.


Female Varisian Cleric 1

...


"Glad you could make it! It saves me a few steps..." Tania tells the goblin, though she doesn't care whether he understands, as she lifts her father's greatsword and conjures her training behind the swing.

Greatsword: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 212d6 + 6 ⇒ (6, 1) + 6 = 13


Round 2 wrap up

Tania you make a mighty swing with your fathers great sword and cleave the goblin in front of you in two from head to groin. Green blood sprays everywhere. Durgan you swing your waraxe and connect with the goblin. More green blood squirts everywhere as the body slumps to the ground. Vachordi you begin to sing and everyone is inspired by your song. The goblin in front of Vachordi ones again tries to strike out at the singing bard, the blade of his dogslicer narrowly missing the bards shin. Chaise you still refuse to act but you get the sense you wouldn't be much help now anyway...these strangers seem to have a pretty good handle on things. Salisandra you are able to make it to the final goblin this round and hack at him with your star knife. Unfortunately your knife goes wide of the goblin, just missing his head.

Salisandra's starknife attack:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 131d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

init:

Tania
Goblin
Durgan
Goblin
Strongwind
Goblin
Chase
Salisandra
Raven

Attacks of opportunity by party members:

Attacks on party:

Attack on Vachordi:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 121d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Party Saves:

Creature Saves:

Party Damage:

Party Skill Checks:

Enemy Skill Checks:

DM EYES ONLY KEEP OUT:

Goblin AC:16/13/14
Goblin 1:-7/6
Goblin 2:0/6
Goblin 3:6/6


Skills:
Bluff+10; Climb+1; Diplomacy +10; Disguise+3; Intimidate+3; Handle Animal+9; Heal+7; Knowledge (nature)+11; Knowledge (geography)+9; Perception+8; Sing+1; Dance+10; SM+10; Surv+11; Stealth+7; Spellcrft +10
i Human (Shoanti) Bard (Thundercaller)
Vital:
Init +4; HP 11/29; AC 14/12/12; Fort +2 Ref +6; Will +5 (+7 sonic, mind effect, bardic perf); Arrows 21; 6 Silver, 1 Undead Bane, 10 +1, Blunt 8, Lvl 1 5/5;Lvl 2 2/2 BP 10/13

Vachordi keeps up his song to inspire all around him Inspire courage continues

Stepping back once again Vachordi looses an arrow into the Goblin's face.

1d20 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 1 + 1 = 9 for 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 = 5


Male Varisian Human Air Elementalist (Wizard) 2 / Archivist (Bard) 2 [ HP -4/20 | AC 11/11/10 | CMB +0, CMD 11 | Fort +1, Ref +4, Will +3 | Init +2; Perception +5 (+7 when familiar near) ]

Continuing on with doing absolutely nothing!

"Murdar," Chaise says, leaning away from the gore even though it's a distance away. He folds his arms and places a fist underneath his chin, supporting his head. "Crezi că ar trebui să plec acum, Isme?"

"Nu, ele arata ca acestea sunt aproape terminat."

"Hmn."

Varisian:

"Messy," Chaise says. … "Do you think I should leave now, Isme?"

"No, they look like they're almost finished."

"Hmn."


Tania, satisfied by her swing, takes a moment to review it, committing it to muscle memory, then surveys her surroundigs to see if there is more training available. She moves towards any sign of battle.


Male Dwarf Fighter 1

Durgan looks around to see if any of the townsfolk are in danger. He'll move to help if any are. If not, he'll move towards the closest remaining goblin. If the combat already seems, effectively, over, then he'll try to find one of the city watch and ask how in Thrudd's name goblins got into the center of the city unnoticed.


Male Half-elf Rogue (Scout)/1

Let's say that I've been ushering people out of the line of fire for the first few rounds.

As the goblins appear and people begin to panic, Caerwyn takes a few moments to guide people out of the square to safety. Once he is satisfied that he's done all he can to keep people safe Caerwyn turns to confront the goblins, only to find that others have taken care of most of the menace.

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Seeing the last remaining goblin nearby, Caerwyn draws his sword and charges into the fray.
Attack roll: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Damage: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Female Varisian Cleric 1

Swipes at the adjacent goblin with her starknife.
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

"Guards, to arms! We are under assault!"
I don't remember if the diplomacy check to call for help is a standard action, but in case it isn't:
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
If it does take a standard action, disregard the attempt.


Round wrap up

Tania you see that for the most part the goblin thread has been taken care of. There is one goblin left standing but there are two people engaging in and as you scan the area a third draws his sword and charges at the goblin. You're pretty sure he'll be dispatched soon. Durgan you head off and help a few towns people calm down. They're not really in danger but still rather shook up by the events. Vachordi you continue to inspire courage but unfortunately your arrow fails to connect with the goblin. The goblin grins an evil toothy grin and swings at Vachordi once again. This attack provokes Salisandra to attack the goblin(AOO) but her blade misses the creature. (provoking an attack of opportunity from Salisandra). The creature gets another great strike out with his dogslicer catching Vachordi right between the legs, dealing the man 4 points of damage. Chaise you are observing the battle still. Salisandra swings out at the goblin again with her star knife and then screams for the guards. Her blade strikes deep into the goblin but he still stands, green blood gushing from the wound on his arm. Caerwin you rush in and swing your sword at the goblin and connect with the foul beast dropping it to the ground.

init:

Tania
Durgan
Vachordi
Goblin
Chase
Salisandra
Caerwyn
Raven

Attacks of opportunity by party members:

Salisandra AOO against goblin:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 71d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Attacks on party:

Goblin attack on bard:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 231d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Critical confirmation:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 81d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Party Saves:

Creature Saves:

Party Damage:

Party Skill Checks:

Enemy Skill Checks:

DM EYES ONLY KEEP OUT:

Goblin AC:16/13/14
Goblin 1:-7/6
Goblin 2:0/6
Goblin 3:1/6

Feel free to post out of combat things you are going to be doing. Sorry for the cheap shot there Vachordi but...it as a 20 that didn't confirm but I wanted to add some drama to it. You'll be fine with some ice and maybe a stitch or 2...


Skills:
Bluff+10; Climb+1; Diplomacy +10; Disguise+3; Intimidate+3; Handle Animal+9; Heal+7; Knowledge (nature)+11; Knowledge (geography)+9; Perception+8; Sing+1; Dance+10; SM+10; Surv+11; Stealth+7; Spellcrft +10
i Human (Shoanti) Bard (Thundercaller)
Vital:
Init +4; HP 11/29; AC 14/12/12; Fort +2 Ref +6; Will +5 (+7 sonic, mind effect, bardic perf); Arrows 21; 6 Silver, 1 Undead Bane, 10 +1, Blunt 8, Lvl 1 5/5;Lvl 2 2/2 BP 10/13

All good! Not an auspicious start for Vachordi there, though I will be pretending that it was my inspire courage that turned the tide. Also in the previous game I had cast Read Weather, I assume I still have, what is the forecast for the next two days?

Vachordi drops to a knee breathing heavily.

Shoanti:
Come Western Wind. Soothe my pain.

Casts Cure Light Wounds 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Vachordi then stiffly walks over and checks his arrow that missed.

Low is good for me 1d100 ⇒ 20

He looks to those who came to his aid. I thank you for your aid. My name is Vachordi Strong Wind. And it would appear Poor Aim.


Its going to rain late tonight but other than that its going to be cool but sunny.


Male Varisian Human Air Elementalist (Wizard) 2 / Archivist (Bard) 2 [ HP -4/20 | AC 11/11/10 | CMB +0, CMD 11 | Fort +1, Ref +4, Will +3 | Init +2; Perception +5 (+7 when familiar near) ]

Chaise winces when the bard gets slashed between the legs.

"Ouch," he says in sympathy.

"Nu este o zi norocoasă pentru el, nu?"

The wizard shakes his head ruefully. Seeing that there's nothing much interesting happening in the bard's direction, he starts scanning the area again.

Isme flaps her wings and takes to the sky, assured that it was unlikely for someone to shoot at her.

"Unde te duci?"

"În urma sfatul mamei tale."

She takes sight of the battlefield and, if seeing no great dangers, looks for unattended valuables, taking particular note of the ground where someone may have dropped something in the rush.

Perception (Chaise) 1d20 ⇒ 7
Perception (Isme) 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

Varisian:

"Ouch," he says in sympathy.

"Not a lucky day for him, is it?"

[...]

"Where are you going?"

"Following your mother's advice."


Female Varisian Cleric 1

Finishes off goblin she's been slicing at.
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

If there are no greenbloods left, Salisandra begins gathering any wounded together for a prayer to Desna. Selective Channel Positive Energy (no Goblins!).

1d6 ⇒ 2


Tania wAlks over to the trio that defeated the last goblin: "You showed courage and some skills. This has been fun!"


Chaise:

Your raven spots 3 goblins holding torches heading towards a wagon full of fireworks.


Male Varisian Human Air Elementalist (Wizard) 2 / Archivist (Bard) 2 [ HP -4/20 | AC 11/11/10 | CMB +0, CMD 11 | Fort +1, Ref +4, Will +3 | Init +2; Perception +5 (+7 when familiar near) ]

Chaise feels Isme's concern through the link they share. Looking up he sees her circling above a general vicinity. He feels another emphatic tug and goes to where she wants him to.

Another swell of concern and the wizard knows he must be cautious.

Stealth 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 if applicable

He takes sight of the goblins and looks to where they're heading. Immediately understanding, Chaise thinks about calling for help.

But that would only alert them, he thinks. And the others wouldn't be able to get here in time.

Making up his mind, he reaches one hand into his spell component pouch to retrieve a handful of rose petals. With the other, he raises it in the direction of the goblin group.

His hands gesture a weaving dance, magical energies moving through him. The wizard suddenly releases the rose petals. "Sov," he states firmly. The petals swirl in the air for a brief moment, as if caressed in a strong wind before fluttering gently to the ground.

Cast spell: Sleep CL 1. Will negates, DC 16. Target: all three goblins (10 ft. radius burst from a single goblin).


DM eyes only keep out:

Will saves:1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 91d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 41d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 71d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Chaise:

You drift off by your self and head to where Isme is circling. You see four goblins. Three have torches and a little further back(about 10 feet) you see a goblin that appears to be singing. You cast your spell and all four goblins quickly fall asleep. Their torches fall to the ground and light some hay on fire and the flames quickly spread towards the wagon. Before you can act the wagon goes up in flames and the fireworks fire off in all directions. Make me a reflex save as several of them are heading at you.

Just as the rest of you are starting to calm down you hear a very loud explosion and see several fireworks fire off into the air followed by the shocked screams of the citizens of Sandpoint. A few moments later and you can hear people calling for help saying that there homes are on fire.


Male Varisian Human Air Elementalist (Wizard) 2 / Archivist (Bard) 2 [ HP -4/20 | AC 11/11/10 | CMB +0, CMD 11 | Fort +1, Ref +4, Will +3 | Init +2; Perception +5 (+7 when familiar near) ]

Whoops. Oh, and I just figured out I should have put that bit in a spoiler tag?

@DM Mathpro:
Chaise swears and tries to throw himself out of the way.

Reflex 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20


Tania hustles with a big grin: "Looks like there's more!" Under her breath, she thanks Gorum for the opportunity to prove herself.


Skills:
Bluff+10; Climb+1; Diplomacy +10; Disguise+3; Intimidate+3; Handle Animal+9; Heal+7; Knowledge (nature)+11; Knowledge (geography)+9; Perception+8; Sing+1; Dance+10; SM+10; Surv+11; Stealth+7; Spellcrft +10
i Human (Shoanti) Bard (Thundercaller)
Vital:
Init +4; HP 11/29; AC 14/12/12; Fort +2 Ref +6; Will +5 (+7 sonic, mind effect, bardic perf); Arrows 21; 6 Silver, 1 Undead Bane, 10 +1, Blunt 8, Lvl 1 5/5;Lvl 2 2/2 BP 10/13

Vachordi Knocks and arrow and hustles after Tania, just as they are about to move into site of the fires he will begin to sing a Shoanti War Chant

INSPIRE COURAGE +1 TO HIT AND DAMAGE


Nice warsong! thinks Tania as she makes her way towards the noise.


Female Varisian Cleric 1

Double move towards explosion.


has anyone seen the dwarf fighter around. I'm going to move things along since its been about a week since I've updated...hopefully we didn't lose him.

Tania, Salisandra, and Vachordi:
You all move towards the explosion and you see whats left of a wagon that is on fire, most of it having been blown apart by fireworks. You see a wizard huddling on the ground looking rather frigthened. You see a raven circling around the area in the sky. And you see 4 goblins sleeping on the ground, lit torches at there feet. Just as you start to investigate you see a large green skined man come into view.

Xogar:
The townspeople were gathered together for the dedication of the new church and you joined them in the courtyard out front of the new church. Just as the dedication ceremony was to begin all hell broke lose as a pack of goblins decended on the crowed and started making trouble. You've spent most of your time trying to calm down rather frightened townspeople and you've gotten the crowed pretty dispersed and headed back to their homes when you hear a very loud explosion. Rushing off to invesitage, you see whats left of a wagon that is on fire, most of it having been blown apart by fireworks. You see a wizard huddling on the ground looking rather frightened. You see a raven circling around the area in the sky. And you see 4 goblins sleeping on the ground, lit torches at there feet. Just as your getting closer you see another group of three people come to investigate the explosion. They're all human.

Chaise:

You were just able to duck down fast enough as several fireworks go zooming over your prone body.


Skills:
Bluff+10; Climb+1; Diplomacy +10; Disguise+3; Intimidate+3; Handle Animal+9; Heal+7; Knowledge (nature)+11; Knowledge (geography)+9; Perception+8; Sing+1; Dance+10; SM+10; Surv+11; Stealth+7; Spellcrft +10
i Human (Shoanti) Bard (Thundercaller)
Vital:
Init +4; HP 11/29; AC 14/12/12; Fort +2 Ref +6; Will +5 (+7 sonic, mind effect, bardic perf); Arrows 21; 6 Silver, 1 Undead Bane, 10 +1, Blunt 8, Lvl 1 5/5;Lvl 2 2/2 BP 10/13

Vachordi draws an arrow and calls out.

Halt!


Status:
HP 12 | AC 14 | T 11 | FF 13 | CMD 16 | F +4 | R +1 | W +2 | Init +1 | Per +0

Xogar approaches with his sword and shield out. Anyone can obviously see that the symbol of Iomedae is emblazoned on it.

Xogar looks around to see who the human man is speaking to.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 16


Male Varisian Human Air Elementalist (Wizard) 2 / Archivist (Bard) 2 [ HP -4/20 | AC 11/11/10 | CMB +0, CMD 11 | Fort +1, Ref +4, Will +3 | Init +2; Perception +5 (+7 when familiar near) ]

Chaise stands up, his legs shaking, and notices the new arrivals. He looks at them with an appraising eye before turning away and walking towards the goblins. He drags the goblin further back to the other three and reaches for his backpack when he remembers he didn't bring rope.

He looks towards the newcomers and says, "Rope, do any of you have it? We need to tie up the goblins before they wake. Hurry!"

The wizard brings out his dagger instead, prepared to kill any goblin who looks like they'll wake up.

---

Isme checks on Chaise and, seeing that he's safe, circles the sky a few more times to scout the new situation before flying down to inform him.

Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28


Tania twirls her greatsword in her hands, visibly annoyed that someone took away an occasion for battle. She waits a bit to see what will happen, placing herself near the goblins in case they stir.


Skills:
Bluff+10; Climb+1; Diplomacy +10; Disguise+3; Intimidate+3; Handle Animal+9; Heal+7; Knowledge (nature)+11; Knowledge (geography)+9; Perception+8; Sing+1; Dance+10; SM+10; Surv+11; Stealth+7; Spellcrft +10
i Human (Shoanti) Bard (Thundercaller)
Vital:
Init +4; HP 11/29; AC 14/12/12; Fort +2 Ref +6; Will +5 (+7 sonic, mind effect, bardic perf); Arrows 21; 6 Silver, 1 Undead Bane, 10 +1, Blunt 8, Lvl 1 5/5;Lvl 2 2/2 BP 10/13

Not recognizing the symbol of Iomedae Vachordi calls again.

Lower your sword and halt! Why have you done this?!


Chaise:

Isme spots another group of goblins, one riding on a creature she can't quite identify, moving through another part of town. She also sees a rather rich looking young man and his dog walking through that part of town and he seems to not notice the goblin threat that is coming up behind him.

Awesome! The bard and the Paladin face off...5 gold on the paladin lol


Skills:
Bluff+10; Climb+1; Diplomacy +10; Disguise+3; Intimidate+3; Handle Animal+9; Heal+7; Knowledge (nature)+11; Knowledge (geography)+9; Perception+8; Sing+1; Dance+10; SM+10; Surv+11; Stealth+7; Spellcrft +10
i Human (Shoanti) Bard (Thundercaller)
Vital:
Init +4; HP 11/29; AC 14/12/12; Fort +2 Ref +6; Will +5 (+7 sonic, mind effect, bardic perf); Arrows 21; 6 Silver, 1 Undead Bane, 10 +1, Blunt 8, Lvl 1 5/5;Lvl 2 2/2 BP 10/13

A million gold on the Bard! Not very LG of him to slaughter me


Status:
HP 12 | AC 14 | T 11 | FF 13 | CMD 16 | F +4 | R +1 | W +2 | Init +1 | Per +0

"Unless you can prove I did anything I suggest you back down. I am merely investigating the explosion."

Xogar moves to poke about the wreckage of the building.

Are there any other signs of goblins other than the sleeping ones?


Skills:
Bluff+10; Climb+1; Diplomacy +10; Disguise+3; Intimidate+3; Handle Animal+9; Heal+7; Knowledge (nature)+11; Knowledge (geography)+9; Perception+8; Sing+1; Dance+10; SM+10; Surv+11; Stealth+7; Spellcrft +10
i Human (Shoanti) Bard (Thundercaller)
Vital:
Init +4; HP 11/29; AC 14/12/12; Fort +2 Ref +6; Will +5 (+7 sonic, mind effect, bardic perf); Arrows 21; 6 Silver, 1 Undead Bane, 10 +1, Blunt 8, Lvl 1 5/5;Lvl 2 2/2 BP 10/13

You are the one approaching us from outside this mess, with weapons drawn. We have been defending the town from the goblins. Explain.

I am stuck at this point if he does not wish to engage in dialogue. No PVP and I am not a PvP type anyhow.


Status:
HP 12 | AC 14 | T 11 | FF 13 | CMD 16 | F +4 | R +1 | W +2 | Init +1 | Per +0

"I am a paladin of Iomedae. I am not out to hurt anyone. Please consider, you are also approaching me with a weapon drawn. Let us determine who is behind these attacks together."

Xogar sheathes his sword to show his intentions.


Skills:
Bluff+10; Climb+1; Diplomacy +10; Disguise+3; Intimidate+3; Handle Animal+9; Heal+7; Knowledge (nature)+11; Knowledge (geography)+9; Perception+8; Sing+1; Dance+10; SM+10; Surv+11; Stealth+7; Spellcrft +10
i Human (Shoanti) Bard (Thundercaller)
Vital:
Init +4; HP 11/29; AC 14/12/12; Fort +2 Ref +6; Will +5 (+7 sonic, mind effect, bardic perf); Arrows 21; 6 Silver, 1 Undead Bane, 10 +1, Blunt 8, Lvl 1 5/5;Lvl 2 2/2 BP 10/13

Vachordi lowers his bow. He turns to and heads back into the scrum to see if anyone there needs help. He allows the notes of his warsong to fade from the wind as he does.

Shoanti:
Just words on the wind. Let his actions prove his worth. Let the winds bring me the wisdom to see past my anger.


Male Varisian Human Air Elementalist (Wizard) 2 / Archivist (Bard) 2 [ HP -4/20 | AC 11/11/10 | CMB +0, CMD 11 | Fort +1, Ref +4, Will +3 | Init +2; Perception +5 (+7 when familiar near) ]

Chaise notices the two arguing nearby and that no one's helped him with the goblins. "Oh, pentru dumnezeu," he mutters.

Before he can speak further, Isme flies down to his shoulder. "Există un alt grup de spiriduși, unul pe un fel de montare. Sunt aproape de locul în care ați declanșat ieri, iar acestea vor veni peste un om de mers pe jos câinele său în curând."

Chaise takes a deep breath and exhales, releasing his irritation. "Mulțumesc, Isme. Poți să-i ghideze?" He tilts his head in the others' direction.

"Ce sa întâmplat să nu se implice?" The raven didn't seem to expect a reply, simply nodding.

The wizard stands and addresses the group. "There's a group of goblins in another part of town. I suggest you all take care of them soon since they'll come across a man and his dog out for a walk. Follow Isme, she will guide you."

The raven flaps her wings and flies lazy circles in the air, clearly being referred to, before heading down streets at a pace they could follow, though not without a parting cry to Chaise.

"Nu uita să caute trupurile lor!"

"Nu vă faceți griji," Chaise murmurs, crouching down in front of the bodies with his dagger ready, "Eu nu va."

He is aware that he's running out of time and cleanly starts killing the goblins while they're unconscious.

Coup de grace on all the goblins! Shall I roll for each one?

Varisian:

Chaise notices the two arguing nearby and that no one's helped him with the goblins. "Oh, for the love of god," he mutters.

Before he can speak further, Isme flies down to his shoulder. "There's another group of goblins, one on some sort of mount. They're near the place where you tripped yesterday, and they'll come across a man walking his dog soon."

Chaise takes a deep breath and exhales, releasing his irritation. "Thank you, Isme. Can you guide them?" He tilts his head in the others' direction.

"What happened to not getting involved?" The raven didn't seem to expect a reply, simply nodding.

The wizard stands and addresses the group. "There's a group of goblins in another part of town. I suggest you all take care of them soon since they'll come across a man and his dog out for a walk. Follow Isme, she will guide you."

[...]

"Don't forget to search their bodies!"

"Don't worry," Chaise murmurs, crouching down in front of the bodies with his dagger ready. "I won't."

[...]


Skills:
Bluff+10; Climb+1; Diplomacy +10; Disguise+3; Intimidate+3; Handle Animal+9; Heal+7; Knowledge (nature)+11; Knowledge (geography)+9; Perception+8; Sing+1; Dance+10; SM+10; Surv+11; Stealth+7; Spellcrft +10
i Human (Shoanti) Bard (Thundercaller)
Vital:
Init +4; HP 11/29; AC 14/12/12; Fort +2 Ref +6; Will +5 (+7 sonic, mind effect, bardic perf); Arrows 21; 6 Silver, 1 Undead Bane, 10 +1, Blunt 8, Lvl 1 5/5;Lvl 2 2/2 BP 10/13

Vachordi races in the direction indicated by the bird. Just before the Goblins come into sight he begins to sing his warsong again.

Begin inspire courage

1 to 50 of 88 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rise of the Runelords take two All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.