Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Rise of the Runelords - New Player edition

Game Master ciretose

Rise of the Runelords...mostly...


601 to 645 of 645 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Dwarven Inquisitor 2

Tug adjusts his grip to use the full length of chain, then swings... the iron ball clangs against the wall.

move action:switch to 10' reach, std action attack1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Andoran

Tug Milkbeard wrote:

Tug adjusts his grip to use the full length of chain, then swings... the iron ball clangs against the wall.

move action:switch to 10' reach, std action attack1d20+3

Miss


female half-elf druid 2

Etohya casts guidance and touches Kirri before sending him to attack the mutated goblin. The hawk flies toward the creature and attacks with a talon.

Talon 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 1 + 2 = 26; Damage 1d4 ⇒ 2

Andoran

The bird slashes the mutants face for 2 points of damage, Jonas is up.


Male Human Magus 1

Jonas slashes at the mutant Goblin with his rapier before stepping back and shooting a blast of cold at the creature. Full attack action first with a regular attack with the rapier 5 foot step back and attack with ray of frost.
Rapier(R): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Ray of Frost(T): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17 1d3 ⇒ 3

Andoran

The Mutant dodges the rapier, but not the ray. However he seem to heal slightly as he steps up to attack you.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
1d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


Dwarven Inquisitor 2

Tug hops a step closer and swings again, well above his target's head.
1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 2 = 8

stats:
HP 18/18
AC:15 tch:12 ff:13
Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +6
Effects: none
5'step, std action attack


female half-elf druid 2

Kirri continues to attack the goblin in a flurry of beak and talons.

Bite 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 2 = 23; Damage 1d4 ⇒ 3
Talon 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 2 = 8; Damage 1d4 ⇒ 4
Talon 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 2 = 15; Damage 1d4 ⇒ 2

Etohya casts guidance and touches Tug with the spell. (+1 to one roll)

Andoran

Kirri tears at the goblins flesh with it's beak, misses with one talon but is able to slashes the mutant with it's other talon for a total of 5 damage.

I can't modify the google doc from where I am at, but I will when I get home. He is still upright, so Jonas is up.


Male Human Magus 1

Jonas slashes at the monster with his rapier before stepping back
Rapier(R): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 121d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Andoran

Jonas El 'Adan wrote:

Jonas slashes at the monster with his rapier before stepping back

Rapier(R): 1d20 + 5; 1d6 + 2

The rapier misses, and the create steps toward Jonas to attack.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


Dwarven Inquisitor 2

Tug takes another couple quick steps, uses the flash of insight from Etohya, and without over thinking... throws his grandpappy's signature move... "the mindspin mountain change-up"
1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 3 + 1 = 23
1d10 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

moving northeast

Andoran

The mutant goblin falls to the ground unconscious as Tug completes the complex dwarven maneuver. His sword appears to be off exceptional quality, and emits a dull glow.


Dwarven Inquisitor 2

"Well loookie here." Tug bends down and takes the blade from the goblin. "Night night gobbie. You rest now." He then finishes the mutated goblin before inspecting the weapon

spellcraft: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

Andoran

You believe his sword is a +1 longsword. You also find a masterwork handaxe and a silver dagger.


Dwarven Inquisitor 2

"Well, what we have here is a magic sword. It'll give ya a little edge in a fight if you know howta use it. If not, yer just holdin it for the next person t'pick a fight with ya. Got a quality axe and silver dagger too. I don't have much use for any of em."
You start to see an acceleration in the deterioration of Tug's recent grooming as he continues to wipe the sweat from his forehead with anything that can reach it.. usually his beard.


female half-elf druid 2

"The silver dagger might be useful against certain creatures. I'm not well-suited to close combat, but could take it just in case."

Etohya examines the lidded pits more closely to try to figure out what the noises are coming from.

Andoran

Under each lid is a single moaning zombie at the bottom of a 20 foot pit.


Male Human Magus 1

Jonas takes his water skin and squeezes out the liquid to wash off any lingering traces of the vomit and cleaning the wounds it caused. As he does this he responds to Tugs statement. I usually prefer a lighter blade but if it is enchanted it may be useful for me to use in the short term.

Spying the undead at the bottom of the pit Jonas takes a involuntary step back covering up his unease by making a glib remark. Glad I didn't fall in they look hungry. we should feed them something I have my sling and I am sure there are plenty of usable stones in the room we just left..... I'm just saying.

I wouldn't mind using the long sword for now since I can enhance it to a +2 with my arcane pool but it maybe useful to have more then one person with a "magic" weapon

Andoran

200 Xp for each of you. After you divide loot, let me know how the group wants to proceed.


Dwarven Inquisitor 2

"Well then. I'll just hold onto this axe. See how balanced it is fer throwin." He looks down at the zombie in the hole. "Wonder if these were part of the planned invasion... really should put them down, no?"

Andoran

Who is doing what next. Are you killing the zombies (and if so how) or moving on.


female half-elf druid 2

Etohya doesn't really have any way of killing the zombies. She'll follow someone once we decide where to go.


Dwarven Inquisitor 2

"Probably best ta put these things to rest." Tug grips the hand axe, and murmurs a spell. The axe glows briefly, he kicks open the first lid and hurls it at the zombie inside. A few seconds later it returns to his hand.

Spoiler:
HP 18/18
AC:15 tch:12 ff:13
Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +6
Effects: returning weapon 2 minutes

I have 2 minutes of returning weapon, should I roll to hits?


Male Human Magus 1

just a moment I will see about picking up some rocks Jonas double times it back to the room with the cells and picks up several handfuls of rocks to use with his sling before rejoining the group and helping with the destruction of the evil undead.

once I get back I will untie the sling I have holding my pony tail together and give it to Ethoya and split the rocks I resourced with her while I use the obvious sling I wear at my belt

You can keep that if you want. It will give you another option in a fight.

Andoran

not worth rolling all of the outcomes. You eventually manage to kill all of the zombies. 200 xp. What would you like to do next?


Dwarven Inquisitor 2

After the zombies are put down, Tug mumbles a short prayer. He then readies his dorn-dergar.
"How we holdin up? Continue south? I'll lead... just tell when ta stop."


Male Human Magus 1

Sounds good to me. If there are any stones left I will give them to Etohya.

Andoran

Jonas El 'Adan wrote:
Sounds good to me. If there are any stones left I will give them to Etohya.

There are plenty of stones to gather as needed. Move yourselves on the map to any open area.

Andoran

Map updated


Male Human Magus 1

Moved down the hall can I see anything in the room to the left.

Andoran

Jonas El 'Adan wrote:
Moved down the hall can I see anything in the room to the left.

I will update the map tonight (Sorry for the delay, my laptop died and I can't access the map from work)

You see a hallway leading to what appears to be a blocked off spiral staircase.


Dwarven Inquisitor 2

Tug takes a quick look at the blocked off staircase. He nods his head in the direction of the door, and speaks as quietly as he can... "We'll make a racket if we even try ta see if we can get through here. Let's see whats waitin for us on the other side of that door first."


female half-elf druid 2

Etohya follows and silently nods at Tug's suggestion.


Male Human Magus 1

Can we tell if the staircase goes up or down? Jonas moves past the blocked off stair case and joins Tug nodding his assent as he waits for him to open the door weapon at the ready in case of trouble..

Andoran

The stairs go down, but they appear to be completely collapsed and full of tons of rubble.

Map Updated

Andoran

Tug, are you opening the door?


Dwarven Inquisitor 2

Tug glances back to make sure the others are ready, then opens the door.

Andoran

This strange room consists of a fifteen-foot-diameter sphere. several objects float in the room, spinning lazily in space—a ragged book, a scroll, a bottle of wine, a dead raven surrounded by a halo of floating and writhing maggots, and a twisted iron wand with a forked tip. Yet perhaps the most unnerving aspect of the room is the walls, for they are plated in sheets of strange red metal that ripple every once in a while with silent black electricity that seems to coalesce into strange runes or even words far too often for the effect to be chance.


Dwarven Inquisitor 2

"Uhh... what am I lookin at?" Tug touches his amulet and murmurs a quick spell.
casting detect magic

rolls:

know(arcane): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
spellcraft: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Andoran

Tug Milkbeard wrote:

"Uhh... what am I lookin at?" Tug touches his amulet and murmurs a quick spell.

casting detect magic

** spoiler omitted **

You believe the entire room is under a permanent levitate spell that effects anything that enters. It appears to be safe.

The scroll and wand detect as magic (Wand of shocking grasp with 28 charges and a scroll of burning hands)


Male Human Magus 1

That room is freaky looking. Jonas notices Tug's casting. Is the room safe to enter or even worth taking a chance on?


Male Human Magus 1

I haven't seen movement on this board in over 2 weeks are we still playing or has everyone given up?

Andoran

Jonas El 'Adan wrote:
I haven't seen movement on this board in over 2 weeks are we still playing or has everyone given up?

I'm here waiting to see who is doing what next.


Male Human Magus 1

I figured on waiting to see if anyone else responded but it was 6 days before you put up a response and it has been 4 days since that so I am pretty confident in saying the game with these characters is pretty much through. It was a good game unfortunately keeping up with something like this is hard to do with juggling everything else in life so its understandable when it happens. My own life right now is getting rather hectic so I will be bowing out at this time. Hope to see everyone on the boards in the future.

Andoran

Considering it is a spin off of a spin off group, it had a good run. :)

601 to 645 of 645 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / ROTRL New Player Game Play Thread. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in Play-by-Post

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.