Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Rise of the Runelords - New Player edition

Game Master ciretose

Rise of the Runelords...mostly...


401 to 450 of 645 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Male Human Magus 1

That is a good coarse of action Etohya I will stay behind for a bit and look to see if I can help organize moving the bodies for burial. They shouldn't be left in such a disgraceful state and the tunnel needs to be secured now that we know it exists. I will look it over and see what can be done about it. I fear our time to get the town ready is quickly slipping away considering the enemies plans in front of us.


Dwarven Inquisitor 2

"I'll be at the tavern .. I'll wait there for word of Ameiko bein ready to talk. I'll take these with me, look em over, and have the sheriff meet us there I guess." Tug gathers the maps, booklet, and other papers - and heads out "Once things are well in hand .. get some sleep. Tomorrow we get to work!"

Andoran

When Ameiko wakes up, she tells you that Tsuto revealed to her that he and several other mercenaries were led by Nualia, who apparently did not die in the fire all those years ago. He hinted that she’s got big plans for Sandpoint’s future. Tsuto warned Ameiko that she didn’t want to be in town when those plans came through, and offered her a chance to join his group at Thistletop.

Ameiko said she recoiled at the suggestion and slapped her brother in shock that he’d sunk to such a low. He responded by unleashing his goblins on her. The last things she remembers is them overwhelming her.

From her descriptions, she met with Tsuto in an office in the glassworks that was not yet ransacked, and is not aware of what has happened to her father and the workers.


Dwarven Inquisitor 2

"I'm sorry Ameiko. Curse the path that led your brother astray. What a horrible way to learn of such horrific things. I uh .. don't s'pose he happened to mention when the invasion was to come?"

diplo! 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Andoran

Ameiko shakes her head no. She said he didn't say much about the plans, only that he wanted her to join him.


Male Human Magus 1

Once the bodies are cleared I am going to take a good look at that tunnel how well made is it are we talking dirt with supports or is it made of stone etc. In essence how hard would it be to collapse the tunnel or is blocking the entrance about the best we could hope for.

Andoran

It is a man made stone tunnel. When you explore the tunnel, other end leads to the sea, meaning you would have to collapse both sides to block it off effectively.

Additionally, it appears to run directly under the city, meaning collapsing it could cause problems above.

It appears along the side of the tunnel someone dug out an opening into what appears to be an ancient ruin of some kind, but that is all you can make out without going into the opening.


Male Human Magus 1

I am not certain why it leading to the sea prevents us from blocking the entrance into town? Unless your saying the tunnel has 2 openings within town with the third opening outside it? I was thinking the area we concentrate on collapsing would be outside of town. With us possibly boarding up or blocking the doors in the glass works basement. The small room that the tunnel starts from could be filled with debris, like wood, stones, sand, dirt or what ever to make it hard to get in quickly. With the glass works set up to take in sand to create the glass, tools to collect and transport that type of material should be on hand. So blocking that entry way should be pretty doable. Though I want to make sure we are on the same page and I am not missing something that would be obvious if I was seeing it with my own eyes.

Andoran

Jonas El 'Adan wrote:
I am not certain why it leading to the sea prevents us from blocking the entrance into town? Unless your saying the tunnel has 2 openings within town with the third opening outside it? I was thinking the area we concentrate on collapsing would be outside of town. With us possibly boarding up or blocking the doors in the glass works basement. The small room that the tunnel starts from could be filled with debris, like wood, stones, sand, dirt or what ever to make it hard to get in quickly. With the glass works set up to take in sand to create the glass, tools to collect and transport that type of material should be on hand. So blocking that entry way should be pretty doable. Though I want to make sure we are on the same page and I am not missing something that would be obvious if I was seeing it with my own eyes.

I'm saying it has three openings total, two to the outside, one to what appears to be an underground ruin.

You certainly could try to block either or both ends of the tunnel, but it would be equally certain whatever is inside (if anything) will try and unblock them.

Collapsing the tunnel would be unsafe as it runs directly under the city center.

If the intent is to make this area difficult for the goblins to attack through, that can be done by blocking off the basement as easily as it could by blocking the tunnel.

But I'm also pointing out there is an underground ruin in the tunnel that doesn't appear to be part of the original intended purpose of whoever dug this, what appears to be a smuggling tunnel for illicit goods sold through the for the glassworks (likely by Ameiko's father.)


female half-elf druid 2

We probably shouldn't block off the tunnel until we see what's in these ruins. That could be where this quasit thing is (Knowledge (planes) anyone?).


Male Human Magus 1

I assumed we would explore the ruins first and I will share the information with the rest of the group before I do anything to the tunnel but from everything we have learned the goblin force is planning to attack soonish and I wanted to get an idea of how practical sealing this whole in the town defenses would be and how long I think it would take to do it with the materials we have here. If it is going to take days to effectively block the tunnel as opposed to hours it would make a differences on how we should proceed. Sorry if I didn't make that clearer before.

Andoran

Jonas El 'Adan wrote:
I assumed we would explore the ruins first and I will share the information with the rest of the group before I do anything to the tunnel but from everything we have learned the goblin force is planning to attack soonish and I wanted to get an idea of how practical sealing this whole in the town defenses would be and how long I think it would take to do it with the materials we have here. If it is going to take days to effectively block the tunnel as opposed to hours it would make a differences on how we should proceed. Sorry if I didn't make that clearer before.

I would say the amount of time you take would be relatively close to the amount of time it would take the goblins to destroy it if they wanted to invade.

In other words, the more effort, the more sturdy.

It doesn't seem the tunnels were meant to play a major role in any of the attacks, with the exception of whatever was to come from the Quasit's contribution.

It is a bit confusing without being able to sit together at a table and draw diagrams :)


Dwarven Inquisitor 2

After spending time in the tavern and talking with Ameiko, Tug returns to the glassworks to discuss the plan with the others.
"Well .. do we head out to go scout out the goblins at Thistletop in the morning?"


Male Human Magus 1

Tug I found a side tunnel that opens into ruins do you feel up to exploring? If so we should grab Etohya and take a look before things get to crazy. By the way is Ameiko alright did anyone let her know about her father or the others that where killed?


Dwarven Inquisitor 2

"Well she .. I .. it didn't really come up, and - Oooh ruins! You bet yer breeches I'm in!"

Andoran

Catacombs.

Entrance is lower left. Everyone is level two and fresh for the day.


Male Human Magus 1

Wasn't certain how you wanted to do leveling so here is my role for HPs
1d8 ⇒ 7
Jonas looks for Etohya, when he finds her. Are you up for some exploring? I found ruins under the glassworks that we should check for more hidden enemies before the goblins strike. Tug and I are ready to go if you are.

Andoran

@Jonas - Was there a specific questions re: Leveling? Nice roll, btw.


Male Human Magus 1

Thanks, I was mainly wondering about the HP's some people do max per level some have you roll. I was assuming you wanted us to roll for it. Though now that you asked I am curious If I can add personally made spells with your approval. I mainly wanted to add a couple of cantrips one that is a melee touch so I can perform a spellstrike without acting like Zorro. And one that will make a few squares difficult to travel through. If you feel the Prestidigitation cantrip would be capable of creating areas of difficult terrain. I would be content to use that to hamper enemy movement. Either way I can wait another level or so until I can gain a magus arcana to pick up spell blending or close range to use spellstrike consistently. I will put the spells on the discussion thread so you can take a look at them and tell me what you think.


female half-elf druid 2

Etohya nods at Jonas's question and follows them to the ruins, Kirri in tow.


Dwarven Inquisitor 2

unseen servant with a bag of caltrops?
"Sure you're ready? Might want to grab a lantern .. should be one around somewheres around here.. " Tug looks around ... "I'll see fine enough without but... I don't wanna be spendin my whole time describin and sayin look out!"

Andoran

Tug makes a good point, feel free to supply yourselves prior to the delve.


Dwarven Inquisitor 2

Tug smacks his hands together - eager to instruct some green delvers.. "Alright folks. Never panic. Never split up into groups smaller than three in unknown areas. Everyone who is darkblind needs their own source of light. If the bird keels over fer no good reason we pull back immediately."

Andoran

Map slightly modified to allow you to see down the hall a bit


Male Human Magus 1

I could use a dancing lights spell to provide good light about 40 to 50 feet in front of us well at least for me I am sure that Etohya will be able to see even farther. It has the advantage of providing light without making us the immediately obvious source. Though I also have a light spell ready in case I need light for longer lengths of time. I will be using the dancing light like a flash light keeping it just ahead of us. I can direct it to move up to 100 feet per round without concentration so that shouldn't be a problem. Jonas shows what he means directing the lights around the glassworks before making them disappear once more.


Dwarven Inquisitor 2

"Tremendous! Let's do this! " Tug hops down and scans the immediate area while the others descend.

perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

(took off gold for rope and a few pitons)

Andoran

Everyone put themselves on the map and roll initiative. If you come to an opening, pause at the entrance and I will remove the block and show you the room (you will get your remaining movement after)


female half-elf druid 2

Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Dwarven Inquisitor 2

initiative 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24


Male Human Magus 1

Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Andoran

Tug, you are up. You have darkvision so I have adjusted what you can see on the map.

You can see three possible paths on the right side of the tunnel, in addition to being able to go forward in the tunnel.

Let me know which room you want to go to and I will show you what you can see in the room.


Dwarven Inquisitor 2

Tug steps lightly to the first opening. Holding his ball and chain to keep it from rattling... He peeks around the corner.

Andoran

Roll a stealth check


Dwarven Inquisitor 2

stealth 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Tug turns toward the others and raises a finger, then points in the room. Both hands return to his weapon, as he steadies his nerves against the abomination lurking within...

Andoran

You see a horribly deformed humanoid, hairless and emaciated, lurching in and out of the shadows. Its unnaturally long arms end in three-fingered talons, and its legs bend like those of a dog. A writhing network of bulging veins form dark blue patterns across its pallid skin. But worst of all is its face—its nose is little more than a pair of slits, and its eyes are bulging and red. The lower jaw splits in half at the chin into two wretched arms that end in tiny three-fingered hands to either side an open gullet with a lolling tongue.

You don't believe it sees you

initiative
1d20 ⇒ 12

Jonas goes before it goes.


Dwarven Inquisitor 2

Am I up? Didn't know if my sneaking about was my turn or not..

Round 1
Tug gives his weapon a bit of slack to fight with reach, and brings the first syllable of a spell to his lips.

Spoiler:
HP 18/18
AC:15 tch:12 ff:13
Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +6
Effects: none
move action:adjust weapon to reach, ready std action to cast guidance on Jonas when he passes me.

Andoran

You moving up was your turn, so it depends on if the others are holding or moving up with you. The thing is just kind of standing there

Andoran

You moving up was half your movement on your turn, so it depends on if the others are holding or moving up with you. The thing is just kind of standing there


Male Human Magus 1

Since I am kind of the meat shield I guess I am going to move up to just in front of Tug. I Will also move my dancing lights up so that it covers the room (I am assuming I turned it on once we started exploring the dark tunnels)
Jonas passes Tug and prepares himself to face off against anything once the light from his spell fills the room Jonas recoils. Wow you have a face only a mother or mad wizard could love. Jonas speaks a quick incantation and directs a spell to Daze(DC13) the beast.

Andoran

The creature turns as the lights approach. Your spell seems to have no effect at all on the creature. It moves toward you and attempts to bite you.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

But misses.

Knowledge Dungeoneering for more info about creature.

Etoyha you are up.


Male Human Magus 1

Yea I get to use my new skill
Knowledge Dungeoneering 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
or not

Andoran

Jonas El 'Adan wrote:

Yea I get to use my new skill

Knowledge Dungeoneering 1d20 + 7
or not

Yeah...it is an aberration of some sort, but not one you are familiar with.


female half-elf druid 2

Etohya moves up to stand directly behind Tug and Jonas before trying to get Kirri to attack the aberration.

Handle Animal DC 25 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23

The bird refuses to attack the strange creature, however.


Dwarven Inquisitor 2

Round 2

"You wanna bite down on sumthin? Here ya go sweetheart."
Tug whips his lead arm smoothly, like a fly fisherman..
..but the ball comes short of connecting with the beast.

Spoiler:
HP 18/18
AC:15 tch:12 ff:13
Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +6
Effects: none

std action: attack

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Andoran

The beast bites and slashes at Jonas

Bite
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Damage
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Claw
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Claw
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Male Human Magus 1

Hay Tug, if I move to its right and you to its left we can flank it. Jonas concentrates for a moment and summons power to his sword before slashing at the aberration with his rapier as he moves carefully to the right. [ooc]Swift action to use Arcane pool to provide a +1 magical bonus to rapier. Make a 5 ft step and strike defensively with my rapier. Changing my AC to 18[ooc]
Rapier(R)1d20 ⇒ 31d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Dwarven Inquisitor 2

Round 3

Spoiler:
HP 18/18
AC:15 tch:12 ff:13
Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +6
Effects: none
std action attack, move action switch to 5' reach + 5' step

Tug tries to crack the beast once before moving, shimmying to his left as the ball flies toward his foe. He chokes up on the chain again after missing...

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


female half-elf druid 2

Etohya moves and casts virtue on Jonas, hoping to protect him from future attacks. (1 temporary hp to Jonas) She then tries again to push Kirri to attack the creature.

Handle Animal DC 25 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15

But the hawk still refuses to approach the aberration.

Andoran

The beast continues to attack Jonas

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Make a will save for the first bite attack (DC 12) as you feel wrathful thoughts fill your mind.

If fail:
sickened for [dice]1d6[dice] minutes by the overwhelming power of the wrathful thoughts


Male Human Magus 1

Jonas slides past the beast and strikes out with his sword before casting a quick incantation to protect himself being careful to keep the creatures claws and teeth at bay with his Rapier. Take a 5 foot step then strike with rapier then using spellcombat cast the shield spell and take an additional -3 penalty to gain a +3 bonus to concentration check. (Making AC 20)
Rapier(R) 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 141d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Concentration check to cast defensively 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Save vs bite 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Despite my successful save I think I am still feeling pretty wrathful mainly against this thing

401 to 450 of 645 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / ROTRL New Player Game Play Thread. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.