Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Rise of the Runelords - New Player edition

Game Master ciretose

Rise of the Runelords...mostly...


351 to 400 of 645 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge Star Voter 2013

Tug Milkbeard wrote:
ciretose wrote:


Mark the damage on whichever one you want.

The one currently down 6.

He's dead.

Etoyha if you roll a 10 or above I will let you grab him as a standard and move him a full move action. If you roll above a 5, I'll let you grab as a standard and do half a move action. Less than 5, you can move him 5 feet.

I'm going to waive the AoO to simplify.


female half-elf druid 2

Ok - Strength check 1d20 ⇒ 5

Lol... the one number you weren't clear on. :P

Liberty's Edge Star Voter 2013

Etohya wrote:

Ok - Strength check 1d20

Lol... the one number you weren't clear on. :P

You can move him half movement, no AoO, the door is presumably still open.


female half-elf druid 2

Etohya drags Tug back through the doors while Kirri continues to harass the nearest goblin (the damaged one).

Bite 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19; Damage 1d4 ⇒ 1
Talon 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7; Damage 1d4 ⇒ 1
Talon 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12; Damage 1d4 ⇒ 4


Male Human Magus 1

Would I be able to move through the door as a part of 5 foot step? I had though that we had came through different doors initially and I realize now having looked over the previous posts tug had only peeked around the corner and that the door behind jonas is still closed. I wanted to 5 foot step back and hold action until the goblins movement to catch them in the spray. If that isn't possible. I will 5 foot move forward and cast and attack on my normal initiative.

Liberty's Edge Star Voter 2013

@Jonas That door behind you is closed, so it would be an action to open it. I didn't realized that was where you came through. The double door is open.

@Etoyha - Kirri bites into the goblin for one point of damage.


Male Human Magus 1

That's fair just wanted to see if I could pull it off with a 5 foot step and swift action anything else wouldn't work
Jonas pushes past the goblins before they can box him in slicing at the nearest one as he moves past and positions with his back to the wall. He barks out an incantation and a fan shaped spray of flashing colors springs from his empty outstretched hand. using a 5 foot step strike with my rapier on the goblin within range I marked the damage assuming I hit. I then cast color spray using spell combat DC 14 will negates

Rapier (R) 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 161d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
unconscious stunned blinded 2d4 ⇒ (4, 3) = 7
stunned blinded 1d4 ⇒ 1
stunned 1 = 1

Liberty's Edge Star Voter 2013

Your rapier drives into the goblin, as you raise your hand to the goblins (I assume) on the other side of the room.

Will saves

1d20 - 2 ⇒ (5) - 2 = 3
1d20 - 2 ⇒ (14) - 2 = 12
1d20 - 2 ⇒ (4) - 2 = 2

Who all fall to the ground unconscious (I put clouds over the sleeping ones)

The three remaining conscious goblins step forward to attack Jonas
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
1d4 ⇒ 3

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
1d4 ⇒ 3

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
1d4 ⇒ 4


Dwarven Inquisitor 2

Tug's unconscious dream:

Tug sees his grandfather, as he looked just returning from a pivotal battle driving a goblin alliance of tribes fractured above ground. "Tug..I love ya like me own son, but you fight like a schoolgirl ... and charging into battle with no armor?!"
"I had armor on, Pappy."
"Leather ain't armor, Tug .. I got pajamas tougher than that. Point is you let your team down .. "
"But .. you shoulda seen how they moved about! .. I think they had magic legs! Maybe some dark art elf ritual of frogle --"
"Hush."
"Plus there was no room to move about, couldn't get a good swing in"
"Oh Torag's Hammertoe, I wish I'd never shown you that blasted weapon ... I'm taking a nap."
"But ... "


female half-elf druid 2

Did Tug stabilize? If not, Etohya would stay back to make a heal check. I can roll Kirri's attacks in the mean time.

Kirri flies over to one of the goblins still standing and attacks with his beak and talons.

Beak 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20; Damage 1d4 ⇒ 2
Talon 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6; Damage 1d4 ⇒ 1
Talon 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10; Damage 1d4 ⇒ 2


Male Human Magus 1

Jonas follows after Etohya muscling past the goblins still standing he stops at the door and takes up a defensive stance using the door as cover while stabbing wildly at any of the goblins foolish enough to approach and manages to take a moment to cast a minor enchantment at the goblin closest to the opposite door. They may be trying to come at us from the other side I think I bought us a couple of moments though.
5 Foot step to the door. Fighting defensively (bumping my ac by 2) I will cast Daze (DC 13) at the goblin nearest the opposite door marked him with a lightning bolt and strike the nearest goblin with my rapier.
Rapier (R) 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (2) - 3 = -11d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Dwarven Inquisitor 2

Oh yea .. stabilize check 1d20 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (9) + 2 - 1 = 10


female half-elf druid 2

Seeing that Tug looks to be in stable condition, Etohya leaves him and moves to Jonas before casting virtue on the magus. (1 temporary hp to Jonas!)

Liberty's Edge Star Voter 2013

Will save against daze

1d20 - 2 ⇒ (4) - 2 = 2

Fails

The two upright, awake and not dazed goblins step up and attack Jonas
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
1d4 ⇒ 3

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
1d4 ⇒ 3


female half-elf druid 2

Etohya will cast virtue on Jonas again while Kirri continues to attack.

Bite 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 + 2 = 12; Damage 1d4 ⇒ 3
Talon 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 + 2 = 21; Damage 1d4 ⇒ 4
Talon 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 2 = 10; Damage 1d4 ⇒ 4


Male Human Magus 1

Jonas feels the life energies flowing through him as Etohya's spell takes effect as the minor scraps and cuts he is currently suffering from seem to ease. Jonas lunges forward with new vigor and impales the goblin in front of him inflicting a fatal wound before firing off another ray of frost aimed at the previously wounded goblin. Strike and cast using spell combat I believe the ray missed but the rapier should have hit I will mark the damage for it on the goblin directly in front of me
Cast defensively 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Rapier(R) 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 211d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Ray of frost(T) 1d20 ⇒ 101d3 ⇒ 3
Confirm Rapier 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 201d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Liberty's Edge Star Voter 2013

Kirri's talons slash into the goblins back, lowering his guard for just a moment before Jonas drove his rapier into the goblins chest, dropping him to the ground.

The two remaining concious goblins full retreat toward the far side of the room. Kirri will get one AoO on whichever one she choose.

I believe we have 5 more rounds of unconscious goblins, correct?


Male Human Magus 1

Yep then 2 more rds of being stunned of being stunned


female half-elf druid 2

AoO Talon 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15; Damage 1d4 ⇒ 1

Kirri flies after one of the fleeing goblins and attacks.

Talon 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14; Damage 1d4 ⇒ 4

"Best to kill the rest before they wake up, yes?" Etohya moves to the unconscious goblins and starts to coup de grace (standard action to begin a full-round action).

Liberty's Edge Star Voter 2013

@Etohya All miss.


Male Human Magus 1

We should capture at least one to find out what they where doing. I am not adverse to dispatching the rest after that we should regroup outside. Tug is still hurt and there maybe others besides the 2 that just ran off. wouldn't casting virtue place tug at zero HP's? He would be able to move but couldn't do anything strenuous or risk falling out again By the way thank you for using virtue on me earlier it certainly helped in the fight.


female half-elf druid 2

I don't know if virtue would work since it's technically not healing: "Healing that raises the dying character's hit points to 0 makes him conscious and disabled. Healing that raises his hit points to 1 or more makes him fully functional again, just as if he'd never been reduced to 0 or lower."

Liberty's Edge Star Voter 2013

It is kind of a moot point since Tug has the fast healing judgement active since last page...I think he forgot :)


female half-elf druid 2

Judgment bonuses go away if you're unconscious. :-/

Liberty's Edge Star Voter 2013

Yes, but when he was at 0, he shouldn't have fallen unconcious if he had gained the 1 fast healing :)


Dwarven Inquisitor 2

wasn't certain about the order of my losing and gaining hp ... all I was thinking was "enjoying that extra skill pt instead of hp for favored class?"

Liberty's Edge Star Voter 2013

[ooc]I didn't notice either until I was looking back over the posts and realized myself. No worries. I'm also leaning toward benefit of the doubt on most things since you all are playing one short.[ooc]


Male Human Magus 1

If that is the case it will take about 2 rounds for Etohya and I to coup de grace 2 goblins between the movement and action and at least another round or 2 to carry one of them outside to be carted off for interrogation later. Is Tug stirring by the time we drag the lucky goblin out? We could call for the priest he did come along to provide legitimacy to our entrance of the glass works or at least that was my understanding of things maybe he would be willing to help get Tug back on his feet. So we can get back to securing the building.

Liberty's Edge Star Voter 2013

Jonas El 'Adan wrote:
If that is the case it will take about 2 rounds for Etohya and I to coup de grace 2 goblins between the movement and action and at least another round or 2 to carry one of them outside to be carted off for interrogation later. Is Tug stirring by the time we drag the lucky goblin out? We could call for the priest he did come along to provide legitimacy to our entrance of the glass works or at least that was my understanding of things maybe he would be willing to help get Tug back on his feet. So we can get back to securing the building.

If you do this, the two goblins flee to and through the double doors at the other end of the room.


Male Human Magus 1

Understood it seems best to take care of the ones who are down and consolidate our forces before trying to chase down the others.

Liberty's Edge Star Voter 2013

That works for me. Everyone else in agreement? If so I will update the board.


female half-elf druid 2

Sounds good.


Dwarven Inquisitor 2

yep that's fine ... what is my current condition?

Liberty's Edge Star Voter 2013

@ Tug let's put you at 1 hit point with the battle complete and your judgement over.

The goblins have retreated through the double doors to the south, how much time are you taking to do things before moving on?


Dwarven Inquisitor 2

However long it takes me to beg a heal off of Father Zanthus.

Tug steps into the room, looking sheepish... "You saved my life. I fought poorly.. carelessly.. It won't happen again." He changes his tone to 'business time'.. "Can you hold this position while I seek healing? Or do we make a full retreat?"

Liberty's Edge Star Voter 2013

So Tug intends to leave the building to find Father Zantus (this will take at least a few minutes as Father Zantus isn't standing by the door and will want you to tell him what is happening.)

I assume Etohya and Jonas are finishing the unconscious and stunned goblins, but are they doing anything else? Are you staying in the room while you wait for Tug to come back, are you going with Tug, are you following the goblins or are you doing something else?

Also, everyone gets 315 XP. I believe that would level everyone, but hold off leveling until everyone rests for the day.


female half-elf druid 2

We're out a cleric, and Etohya has one healing potion... not sure how much good we can do continuing on.


Dwarven Inquisitor 2

"There could be good people alive in there, and if we give it a day.. Meh, I owe you folk my life. Its up to you lot.... but I'mma go find Father Zamphus while you give it a think.." He starts to go and then stops "If they come back atcha, you run. Because if they come back ...its cuz they got sumthin extra to make em think they can win."


Male Human Magus 1

waiting a day certainly isn't a option the town is in danger while the goblins remain we can try to contain them in the building but that can only last so long. I imagine we can get the captured goblin out the door with out to much fuss where we can show him to the villagers proving our fears that bad mojo was going on in the factory and get some assistance in getting him secured with some rope or what ever to interrogate later. While tug is getting healed I would try to scare up some guards to post around the building as quickly as possible. While the goblins are in the building they are contained and the damage they cause is limited to the building rather then the town at large. Once the building exits are covered we can go back in without worrying about the goblins escaping out a side door. The building has many narrow hallways and small rooms so our small group going back in to either flush the goblins towards the guards waiting at the doors or killing them out right isn't a bad idea.

Liberty's Edge Star Voter 2013

So is that the plan?Kill all but one, take him outside while tug gets healed and seek help before re-entering?


Male Human Magus 1

I was hoping to get one or two of the nearby villagers to do some running for us. Tell them in short the situation. We have goblins hold up within the glass works we are rooting out the trouble but want help covering the doors of the building to prevent them from escaping. I wasn't planning on waiting for them to arrive unless it takes that long for tug to get healed, before any of that though wanted to secure the goblin prisoner and have him taken to the prison or watched over until the guard get on sight what ever the villagers are more comfortable with. want to stress to them that we need to find out what they where planing so killing him is a bad thing if they get it in there head that it is time for some pay back.

Liberty's Edge Star Voter 2013

Even if you have villagers do running to gather guards, it is going to take some time. I'm just trying to figure out how much time you are taking or if you are moving forward.

It sounds like everyone is saying you are taking at least a few minutes to regroup, is that correct?


Male Human Magus 1

From the sounds of things the limiting factor is how long it takes for Tug to get healed witch is in your hands, so I guess it will take a few minutes.

Liberty's Edge Star Voter 2013

Ok, now the only other question I have is if you are staying in the room or going outside


Dwarven Inquisitor 2

maybe stay at double doors where we first entered, ready to run if need be.. but if you two would prefer to rest for 8 or so hours I won't argue with that. I'll at least have cure light when I level. I could try to hit Hemlock up for a few door guards when I go talk to Father Z


Male Human Magus 1

I will try to get everything I stated before done and position myself just outside of the door that we exited dagger and rapier in hand. Not certain how long it would take I wouldn't think more then 4 or 5 rounds and end waiting for Tug to return from getting healed I will hold my action waiting for any enemies to appear and be within a maximum of the second range increment for the dagger before throwing it. The intent is to act as a interrupt to a enemies attack getting in the first hit and placing myself before them in the initiative order for next round so I can judge the situation from there. I positioned Jonas about where he would be standing.

Liberty's Edge Star Voter 2013

Time passed, Tug is able to contact Father Zantus and be healed. When you return to the glass works you find a macabre scene. All of the workers have been killed, most of them cut into pieces and experimented on using the molten glass, apparently in an attempt to replicate what was done to Ameiko's father, who sits dead, propped up in a chair in the central alcove and encased in thick runny sheets of hardened glass.

It appears the goblins and whoever else was here have fled via a smugglers tunnel in the basement.

Downstairs in the basement you find a Ameiko, conscious and badly wounded but alive locked in a room.

You also find in an adjacent room a small, leather-bound booklet contains two dozen parchment pages, which appears to have been left behind in the rush to escape. Most of the pages have be filled with maps of Sandpoint or erotic drawings of a woman who seems familiar (make a Knowledge:Local roll).

The maps each depict different attack plans. The first set shows the attack plans for a group of thirty goblins—one of these battle maps is circled, and you recognize it as the attack the goblins made on Sandpoint.

Of more pressing concern are the next several pages, which illustrate
an assault on Sandpoint by a force of what appears to be two hundred goblins. None of these are circled, and while many are scratched out as if they’ve been rejected.

On of the drawings of of the woman on the last pages of the book depicts her with demonic hands, bat wings, horns, a forked tail, and fangs.

You note the following passages to be of interest.

After the map you recognize as the recent attack on sandpoint
"The raid went about as planned. Few Thistletop goblins perished, and we were able to secure Tobyn’s casket with ease while the rubes were distracted by the rest. I can’t wait until the real raid. This town deserves a burning, that’s for sure."

After the 2nd set of maps
"Ripnugget seems to favor the overwhelming land approach, but I don’t think it’s the best plan. We should get the quasit’s aid. Send her freaks up from below via the smuggling tunnel in my father’s Glassworks, and then invade from the river and from the Glassworks in smaller but more focused strikes.
The rest except Bruthazmus agree, and I’m pretty sure the bugbear’s just being contrary to annoy me. My love’s too distracted with the lower chambers to make a decision. Says that once Malfeshnekor’s released and under her command, we won’t need to worry about being subtle. I hope she’s right."

Before the last drawing of the woman with demonic features.
"My love seems bent on going through with it—nothing I can say convinces her of her beauty. She remains obsessed with removing what she calls her ‘celestial taint’ and replacing it with her Mother’s grace.
Burning her father’s remains at the Thistletop shrine seems to have started the transformation, but I can’t say her new hand is pleasing to me. Hopefully when she offers Sandpoint to Lamashtu’s fires, her new body won’t be as hideous. Maybe I’ll luck out. Succubi are demons too, aren’t they?"

If you want information on a specific room, let me know, but the place has been thoroughly looted.


Dwarven Inquisitor 2

"Oooh this is big.. I s'pose we take care of Ameiko first, and then maybe someone could help me make sense of all this.. Sounds like we have two fronts to deal with.. "
"And too many new names to keep straight!"


female half-elf druid 2

"Yes... we must bring Ameiko to someone who can ensure her well-being. Once she's recovered, she will be able to help us piece together what happened. Shalelu might be able to help as well... she did mention a goblin tribe at this Thistletop led by Ripnugget. And Bruthazmus is the bugbear she talked about."

Liberty's Edge Star Voter 2013

If you are taking Ameiko to safety to talk with her, everyone can go ahead and level prior to the next step.

351 to 400 of 645 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / ROTRL New Player Game Play Thread. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.