Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Rise of the Runelords - New Player edition

Game Master ciretose

Rise of the Runelords...mostly...


301 to 350 of 645 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge Star Voter 2013

Etohya wrote:
"Is this Father Zantus someone we can trust? I imagine our beliefs differ considerably, but I would rather ask a favor of someone of faith over some strange scholar."

As far as you all know, yes. He was in charge of the festival, and replaced the priest who died in the fire. He is a follower of Desna, but the church itself is open to worship of all "good" gods.


Dwarven Inquisitor 2

Tug smacks his forehead "Why yes, of course! Ha! Let's do that!"

Liberty's Edge Star Voter 2013

Tug Milkbeard wrote:
Tug smacks his forehead "Why yes, of course! Ha! Let's do that!"

Father Zantus translates the note:

"Hello, sis!
I hope this letter finds you well, and with some free time on your hands, because we’ve got something of a problem. It’s to do with father.
Seems that he might have had something to do with Sandpoint’s recent troubles with the goblins, and I didn’t want to bring the matter to the
authorities because we both know he’d just weasel his way out of it. You’ve got some pull here in town, though. If you can meet me at the Glassworks at midnight tonight, maybe we can figure out how to make sure he faces the punishment he deserves. Knock twice and then three times more and then once more at the delivery entrance and I’ll let you in.

In any case, I don’t have to impress upon you the delicate nature of this request. If news got out, you know these local rubes would assume
that you and I were in on the whole thing too, don’t you? They’ve got no honor at all around these parts. I still don’t understand how you can stand to stay here.

Anyway, don’t tell anyone about this. There are other complications as well, ones I’d rather talk to you in person about tonight. Don’t be late.

Tsuto"


Male Human Magus 1

So I guess we go back to the glass works.
So the shady looking building really had shady things going on in it, color me unsurprised. Do we have someone in the group that can act as face man/woman to deal with social situations gather information etc? I found the last several posts after the surprise mob that showed up around the glass works to be fairly painful. If we don't have someone to take care of those types of situations we may find things more difficult in the future when the checks get even higher. I plan to continue putting points in Intimidate. I may branch out to other social skills if we need it. Wanted to know how the rest of the group felt about this?


Dwarven Inquisitor 2

"Should we .. talk to Sheriff first? Think I bout spent all me 'hero capital' if we end up tickin off the locals again...."
I can start putting points in Diplo .. 9 Cha, but I can spare the skill points, and it is a class skill

Liberty's Edge Star Voter 2013

Sheriff left for Magnimar already. At this point now that you have the letter translated, you are fairly certain Father Zantus will support your actions to go into the glassworks if no one answers.

Go ahead and put yourselves on the Glassworks map. It is a one story building, and you can see there are skylights on the roof.


Male Human Magus 1

we could share the load across the group for social interactions but Tug as the nonthreatening face man sounds hilarious. On a unrelated note, I don't seem to be able to add anything to the map. The settings may need to be adjusted. I certainly feel the Glassworks should be looked into hopefully we can find out more about what is going on. Jonas makes his way to the Glassworks with the group to bust in through the front door if necessary.

Liberty's Edge Star Voter 2013

Jonas El 'Adan wrote:
we could share the load across the group for social interactions but Tug as the nonthreatening face man sounds hilarious. On a unrelated note, I don't seem to be able to add anything to the map. The settings may need to be adjusted. I certainly feel the Glassworks should be looked into hopefully we can find out more about what is going on. Jonas makes his way to the Glassworks with the group to bust in through the front door if necessary.

Map is fixed, sorry about that.


female half-elf druid 2

On the way to the Glassworks, Etohya suggests to her companions, "Perhaps we should go in through one of the side doors we found... it might help to be discrete before we know exactly what's going on in there."

I'm thinking the door near A18.


Dwarven Inquisitor 2

"Hmm Yes ... I agree. The double doors in the back." Tug nods and follows .. trying to get his head in the game 'discreet discreet .. and I may hafta watch those big swings in a glass factory..'

Yep A18 area sounds good


Male Human Magus 1

Sounds fine to me. Jonas follows after the others to the rear door and places his ear to the door to see if he can hear anything before trying to enter. Set my character at the rear door near A18.
Perception 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11


Male Human Magus 1

Its been a week now without any movement are we waiting on Ken?

Liberty's Edge Star Voter 2013

I was, but we can move on without him.

Your perception at that door doesn't give you anything you didn't have before, sorry for the delay.


Male Human Magus 1

If everyone is ready. I will try to open the door if it is still locked I will try to shoulder it open.
strength check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


Dwarven Inquisitor 2

Tug's eyes roll in the back of his head, he chants briefly, one finger twitches ... a second later he returns to "normal". "Gramps Jimbli wishes to guide you ... and called you a wimp, but don't you be worryin' bout that now." Tug pokes Jonas.

cast guidance on jonas

Liberty's Edge Star Voter 2013

After a good deal of banging and fumbling with the door, you manage to open it.

Map is updated, you see a long hallway, roll initiative.


Dwarven Inquisitor 2

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


Male Human Magus 1

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


female half-elf druid 2

Still here!

Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Liberty's Edge Star Voter 2013

I am going to assume Ken is MIA and proceed. More XP for everyone else (we are using the fast progression, btw...)

Tug, you are up.


Dwarven Inquisitor 2

Tug enters, pass the first closed doors, and peeks down the hall ..
he whispers .. "anybody home?"

double move


female half-elf druid 2

Etohya follows behind the dwarf with Kirri, keeping an eye (and ear) out for anything suspicious.

Liberty's Edge Star Voter 2013

@Ethohya. You hear the sound of breaking glass and shrieks of high pitched laughter in the room immediately after entering the building.


Male Human Magus 1

Jonas will move to the first door and test to see if it is locked without opening it. doing so as quietly as possible.


Dwarven Inquisitor 2

perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Tug notices Etohya react and hears something as well.. He takes one last peek down the hall, then moves back to the door Jonas is next to.

Liberty's Edge Star Voter 2013

The site was down last night when I tried to update, and I can't access google docs where I am at. I probably won't be able to update until late tonight, but I wanted to check in.

Liberty's Edge Star Voter 2013

@Tug- You hear laughing that sounds like goblins along with the broken glass.

@ Jonas - The door is unlocked.


Dwarven Inquisitor 2

"Ready for some action? Good." Tug opens the door, moves in and strafes left to make room for the others.

Liberty's Edge Star Voter 2013

A long furnace burns along the southeast wall of this equally long room. Marble tables sit throughout the chamber, used to work raw glass into usable shapes, with nearby wooden tables cluttered with various tools of the trade.

The bodies of the eight murdered staffers lie in various stages of dismemberment; the goblins have been burning legs and arms in the furnace with glee, and pouring melted glass on the remains.

Propped up in a chair in the central alcove and encased in thick runny sheets of hardened glass, is a man who appears to be Ameiko's father.

Goblins initiative is
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

You all get a surprise round.


Dwarven Inquisitor 2

crunch:
HP 10/10
AC:15 tch:12 ff:13
Fort +4 Ref +2 Will +5
Effects: guidance

5' step .. cast guidance .. 5' reach on dorn dergar

Tug keeps his chain short and steps into place. He asks for his ancestors' guidance .. a foe worthy of slaughter. He resists calling out a challenge -- waiting for his allies to get into position.


female half-elf druid 2

Etohya casts virtue and touches Kirri before commanding the hawk to attack. Kirri then flies into the room to the nearest goblin.


Male Human Magus 1

Jonas seems to be slow on the up take as everyone else rushes to the fight he recovers though and follows Tug and Kirri into the room finding a good target he casts his spell and sends a ray of freezing cold to his target. I will move into the room and cast ray of frost at the goblin in line with tug
Ray of Frost(T) 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 171d3 ⇒ 1

Liberty's Edge Star Voter 2013

Goblins

Two move up to attack tug and Jonas each (I am assuming the hawk is flying above them)

On Tug
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Damage if hits
1d4 ⇒ 2

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Damage if hits
1d4 ⇒ 1

On Jonas

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Damage if hits
1d4 ⇒ 4

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Damage if hits
1d4 ⇒ 2

All of the other goblins just move, no attack.

Jonas, mark whichever goblin you want to have hit.


Dwarven Inquisitor 2

"Oh honorable Magrim, I hope this battle is worthy of your attention. Let me live to see the end of them!" Tug swings at the goblin directly in front of him.

crunch:
HP 9/10
AC:15 tch:12 ff:13
Fort +4 Ref +2 Will +5
Effects: judgment(healing)

use guidance with dorn dergar vs goblin .. swift action judgment(healing)
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19 includes +1 guidance
1d10 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

map repost

Liberty's Edge Star Voter 2013

Tug Milkbeard wrote:

"Oh honorable Magrim, I hope this battle is worthy of your attention. Let me live to see the end of them!" Tug swings at the goblin directly in front of him.

** spoiler omitted **

map repost

Your blow lands true, and the Goblin drops to the ground in front of you

Thanks for the repost of the map, mark whichever goblin you just killed with an X (Walking over will be difficult terrain.)


female half-elf druid 2

Initiative 6

Etohya follows her companions into the room then casts virtue again, this time touching the dwarf with her spell. (1 temporary hp to Tug)

Kirri swoops down, attacking one of the goblins near it and Jonas (the one 'above' Kirri).

Bite 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21; Damage 1d4 ⇒ 1
Talon 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8; Damage 1d4 ⇒ 3
Talon 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16; Damage 1d4 ⇒ 3

Liberty's Edge Star Voter 2013

Etohya wrote:

Initiative 6

Etohya follows her companions into the room then casts virtue again, this time touching the dwarf with her spell. (1 temporary hp to Tug)

Kirri swoops down, attacking one of the goblins near it and Jonas (the one 'above' Kirri).

Bite 1d20+2; Damage 1d4
Talon 1d20+2; Damage 1d4
Talon 1d20+2; Damage 1d4

Kirri's beak digs into one of the goblins (mark which one you hit for 1 point of damage, or let me know I and I will mark it.)


Male Human Magus 1

Jonas summons power to his blade a moment before taking a swing at one of the advancing goblins in front of him his thrust goes wide of its mark as the goblin ducks under the blow. Jonas gives ground to cast Daze on the following goblin.
swift action to use arcane pool granting a +1 magical bonus to my sword. attack as a full round action using a 5 foot step before casting the Daze spell using spell combat. Will mark the potentially dazed goblin with a lightning bolt.
Rapier(R) 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 91d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Liberty's Edge Star Voter 2013

@jonas miss

5 goblins attack with dogslicers

2 on Jonas.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
1d4 ⇒ 2

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
1d4 ⇒ 4

1 on Bird
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
1d4 ⇒ 4

2 on Tug
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
1d4 ⇒ 3

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
1d4 ⇒ 3

2 Attack by throwing molten glass tongs at Tug (ranged touch, fire damage)

1d20 - 6 ⇒ (16) - 6 = 10
1d4 ⇒ 2

1d20 - 6 ⇒ (6) - 6 = 0
1d4 ⇒ 1

Next round


Dwarven Inquisitor 2

Spoiler:
HP 7/10
AC:15 tch:12 ff:13
Fort +4 Ref +2 Will +5
Effects: judgment(fast healing1)

dorn dergar vs goblin 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
1d10 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

"Plenty for everyone! Haha!" Tug swings the ball around a couple times to get momentum going, then brings an overhead smash down to squish the goblin to his left.. but misses terribly .. "Bah! Had you!"


female half-elf druid 2

Tug should be at 8/10 - you had 1 temporary hp from virtue.

Initiative 6

Etohya and Kirri both focus their attacks at the goblin closest to the druid.

Scimitar 1d20 ⇒ 19, confirm 1d20 ⇒ 3; Damage 1d6 ⇒ 1 (plus 1d6 ⇒ 6 if crit)
Attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14; Damage 1d4 ⇒ 3
Attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6; Damage 1d4 ⇒ 3
Attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17; Damage 1d4 ⇒ 2

Liberty's Edge Star Voter 2013

Scimitar and one talon hit for a total of 4 damage to the Goblin closest to the druid.

Jonas is up.


Male Human Magus 1

did the Daze stick on the goblin I cast on? The DC is 14.
Slicing at the lead goblin Jonas repositions with his back to the door before casting Ray of frost on the hurt goblin in front of Etohya.
Rapier(R) 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 81d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Ray of Frost(T) 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 211d3 ⇒ 1

Liberty's Edge Star Voter 2013

Jonas El 'Adan wrote:

did the Daze stick on the goblin I cast on? The DC is 14.

Slicing at the lead goblin Jonas repositions with his back to the door before casting Ray of frost on the hurt goblin in front of Etohya.
Rapier(R) 1d20 + 3; 1d6 + 3
Ray of Frost(T) 1d20 + 2; 1d3

Sorry. My mistake.

1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4

He failed and is dazed, but I think I assumed he was dazed when I didn't move him.

Rapier hits, Ray of frost hits for 1 point (mark which one you wish to hit)

Once it's marked I'll do the goblin round (it matters which one takes the point)

Liberty's Edge Star Voter 2013

The Goblin hit with the ray seems frozen on his feet, the6 remaining goblins step up.

Three attack tug with Dogslicers
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
1d4 ⇒ 3

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
1d4 ⇒ 3

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22 Confirm 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
1d4 ⇒ 3

One ranged touch of molten glass at tug
1d20 - 2 ⇒ (19) - 2 = 17
1d4 ⇒ 3

One attacks Jonas
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
1d4 ⇒ 3

One attacks Etohya
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
1d4 ⇒ 3


Dwarven Inquisitor 2

Spoiler:
HP 0/10
AC:15 tch:12 ff:13
Fort +4 Ref +2 Will +5
Effects: judgment(fast healing1), disabled

swing vs goblin (causes 1pt of damage to self) 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
1d10 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

"Save yourselves! I'll be with ye soon Pappy!" Tug uses his last breath finishing off the injured goblin next to Etohya, and falls himself. -1 hp


Male Human Magus 1

Etohya grab Tug and step out of the room. Hold the door if you can I have a spell that will incapacitate most of them but they have to be bunched up. A 5 foot step back would place you out of area of effect and I could use color spray to cover the whole area assuming they give chase. If you can pull Tug out of the room even better so they can't cut him down.

Liberty's Edge Star Voter 2013

Tug Milkbeard wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

"Save yourselves! I'll be with ye soon Pappy!" Tug uses his last breath finishing off the injured goblin next to Etohya, and falls himself. -1 hp

Mark the damage on whichever one you want.

Etohya, make a strength check if you want to pull tug out of the room.


female half-elf druid 2

How would moving him work... if I took a 5' step up (through the doors) would the wall prevent me from grabbing him? Would it provoke if I tried dragging him from where I am now?

Also.... WTF on 6 3's in a row???


Dwarven Inquisitor 2
ciretose wrote:


Mark the damage on whichever one you want.

The one currently down 6.

301 to 350 of 645 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / ROTRL New Player Game Play Thread. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.