Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Rise of the Runelords - New Player edition

Game Master ciretose

Rise of the Runelords...mostly...


51 to 100 of 645 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Human Cleric 1

so is that ths surprise round over then?

Liberty's Edge Star Voter 2013

Ken Odeber wrote:
so is that ths surprise round over then?

Yes, sorry. Trin is up.


Male Half-orc Wizard (transmuter) 1

(just so as not to slow things down) on his turn Jies will smack the injured goblin upside the head with a telekinetic fist (ranged touch attack). If that goblin has been killed by trin, then he'll do the same to the next closest goblin. As a move action he'll move back beside the priest, covering the door to the cathedral.
Touch attack
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Damage
1d4 ⇒ 4


Male Human Cleric 1

Well that was no good. When the goblins are going, Ken will make the first two attacks of opportunity that present themselves (assuming they do).

Hypothetical Attacks of Opportunity

Spoiler:

Attack 1
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Damage 1
1d10 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Attack 2
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Damage 2
1d10 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

After the Goblins go, if I don't respond by the time Kendros gets back to respond for belor, then Ken will do this:
Move to a position where the goblin nearest to the cathedral is threatened (if necessary)
Attack the goblin nearest to the cathedral

Hypothetical Turn

Spoiler:

Attack
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Damage
1d10 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Edit: *sigh* I feel like real dice are nicer to me :P


Male Human Cleric 1

Oh no! D: I just realized Ken doesn't have his glaive out so all of that is wrong. I'll post more accurate stuff in the morning. Sorry about that. :/


Female Gnome Sorcerer 1

Trin watches as the ugly creature runs toward her after Belor's arrow misses it. When it's within touching distance, she invokes her fey bloodline and casts Laughing Touch (hoping to distract the creature).

I can't find the spell in the PRD so I don't know if I should roll for damage.


You coulen find it because it's not a spell :) its an ability. It was on the sorcerer page

Laughing Touch (Sp): At 1st level, you can cause a creature to burst out laughing for 1 round as a melee touch attack. A laughing creature can only take a move action but can defend itself normally. Once a creature has been affected by laughing touch, it is immune to its effects for 24 hours. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Charisma modifier. This is a mind-affecting effect

Thats awesome! No save or anything. On the other hand you do have to be in melee range. Still. You have to make a melee touch attack, which means you add your base attack bonus, and your strength bonus, which will likely be low(probably negative), but because it's a touch attack, the goblin's armor and/or shield don't help him, so there's that! :)

Liberty's Edge Star Voter 2013

stjohnmccloskey wrote:

You coulen find it because it's not a spell :) its an ability. It was on the sorcerer page

Laughing Touch (Sp): At 1st level, you can cause a creature to burst out laughing for 1 round as a melee touch attack. A laughing creature can only take a move action but can defend itself normally. Once a creature has been affected by laughing touch, it is immune to its effects for 24 hours. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Charisma modifier. This is a mind-affecting effect

Thats awesome! No save or anything. On the other hand you do have to be in melee range. Still. You have to make a melee touch attack, which means you add your base attack bonus, and your strength bonus, which will likely be low(probably negative), but because it's a touch attack, the goblin's armor and/or shield don't help him, so there's that! :)

What he said. I need an attack roll.


Male Human Cleric 1

Right so, properly done attacks of opportunity (in the event one or both are needed on the goblins' turn) with the armor spikes with which Ken is not proficient (though still, worth trying with a ten foot reach and stand still) :P

Possible AoOs

Attack 1
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2
Damage 1
1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Attack 2
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15
Damage 2
1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Male Human Cleric 1

would it be inappropriate to invoke the 24 hour rule to roll her attack for Kendros? It's at a +0 penalty (8 strength, 0 bab, +1 size)

Liberty's Edge Star Voter 2013

Ken Odeber wrote:
would it be inappropriate to invoke the 24 hour rule to roll her attack for Kendros? It's at a +0 penalty (8 strength, 0 bab, +1 size)

1d20 + 0 ⇒ (7) + 0 = 7

Miss.


Male Half-orc Wizard (transmuter) 1

Jies brow furrows as he focuses on his telekinetic strike, his face darkening as he misses the goblin with his thrust of telekinetic force. The half-orc wizard curses and retreats to join father Zantus in watching over the door to the cathedral, drawing his quarterstaff as he does.
So now it's the goblins' turn? I've already pre-posted Ken's AoO numbers for during their turn. he'll certainly miss the first one to walk within 10 feet, but he might get one if there's a second!

Liberty's Edge Star Voter 2013

Goblin near Trin attacks trin

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

Hit for 1d4 ⇒ 4

The other two continue stuffing their mouths and pockets with food, taking no notice. You hear the sound of screaming throughout the town, and the sound of many more goblins to the north, one in particular sounds like a goblin singing some sort of war chant

If you know goblin the chant goes

Spoiler:
Goblins chew and goblins bite.
Goblins cut and goblins fight.
Stab the dog and cut the horse,
Goblins eat and take by force!
Goblins race and goblins jump.
Goblins slash and goblins bump.
Burn the skin and mash the head,
Goblins here and you be dead!
Chase the baby, catch the pup.
Bonk the head to shut it up.
Bones be cracked, flesh be stewed,
We be goblins! You be food!

Liberty's Edge Star Voter 2013

The rest of the crowd scatters, Father Zantus looks over at Jies inquiringly as intends to close the door to the cathedral to protect those inside, unsure if Jies is trying to also escape.


Male Half-orc Wizard (transmuter) 1
ciretose wrote:

Map of Church St within Sandpoint...

Putting the map on this page for convenience

Close the door father, I think we will be able to handle these few but it sounds like a goblin warband may be raiding your town. Keep the people safe.


Male Human Cleric 1

Ken draws his glaive, cursing himself for being taken by surprise, immediately attacking the goblin which just hurt the gnome, reveling in his newfound size, strength and reach! If I'm not mistaken he should be able to hit the goblin from where he stands with his glaive drawn! :D
Attack
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Damage
1d10 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Liberty's Edge Star Voter 2013

Ken Odeber wrote:

Ken draws his glaive, cursing himself for being taken by surprise, immediately attacking the goblin which just hurt the gnome, reveling in his newfound size, strength and reach! If I'm not mistaken he should be able to hit the goblin from where he stands with his glaive drawn! :D

Attack
1d20+3
Damage
1d10+6

Miss

Father Zantus nods and closes the door.


Male Human Cleric 1

Right, so Belor and Trin are next. I do hope Kendros is alright and is coming back, and this campaign hasn't died in the first encounter!


Please see the discussion thread for an important out of game message.


Male Human Magus 1

Getting over his initial surprise over the appearance of the goblins Jonas finally reacts to the goblins actions. He bellows out in goblin How would you like to eat some steel if your so hungry. I will be happy to feed it to you. Jonas draws his Rapier flourishing it during his tirade. Move action to draw Rapier. Taking only a moments concentration Jonas summons power to his blade producing a glimmer of energy that flows over the blade before winking out. Swift action to use arcane pool for +1 enchantment to rapier. Jonas scans the current battle conditions to see where he can do the most good. Will use Daze(DC 13) on the goblin attacking the child like Trin who seems to be in the most danger however if the goblin is killed or moves out of range before my initiative I will move for my standard action.
Init 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22


female half-elf druid 2

Thanks for picking me! Stat block should all be good to go, and I put up my image (and one for my hawk, if that's ok) on the Google Docs map.

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Knowledge (nature) DC 11: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Confused at first at the sudden appearance of goblins, it took Etohya several moments to realize that this was not part of the festival but a full-on attack! Readying her scimitar (move action), she casts guidance on Kirri (standard). Pointing to the goblin in the center, she whistles loudly, commanding the hawk to attack.

Bite attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 and a miss...


Dwarven Inquisitor 2

"Ooooh Yes!!" Tug drops his cloak to the ground and pulls out his ball and chain, the iron ball thuds on the ground as he grips the chain. move action His medallion glows faintly as he points to the nearest goblin "You will pay attention to me!" casting lock gaze Will DC 14

Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Liberty's Edge Star Voter 2013

Will saves

Spoiler:

Daze
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18
Lock Gaze
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2

The goblin attacking the gnome seems unaffected, however the goblin closest to tug immediately turns his entire focus toward the dwarf.

Next round, initiative I believe is...

23 Trin (who will full retreat as that player is no longer with us)
22 Jonas
12 Jies
10 Goblins
6 Belor (dex 16) (who will full retreat as that player is no longer with us)
6 Etohya (dex 14)
6 Ken (dex 13)
4 Tug

Stjohn, however you want to handle the split or not split of Ken and Jies is up to you

Jonas, you are up. Feel free to post ahead of your turn with options for changes based on actions.


Male Human Magus 1

I am pretty much good with what I detailed before, will just add taking a 5 foot step and will move my character on the board appropriately.


Male Human Magus 1

I am not certain if we are on to the next round or not because we stepped into the middle of the combat but just in case I will post my next round actions
I am glad the girl moved to safety, but the little bugger doesn't look to have been affected by my spell better be careful how I approach. Jonas seeing the path clear to the goblin moves at a quick shuffle against the vicious sword wielding little toad. Move action to end along side goblin. He makes a sweeping motion with his rapier to move the goblins weapon out of a guard position before thrusting forward aiming for a vital spot at its throat. Standard action to attack. Here's that steel I promised!
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 181d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Liberty's Edge Star Voter 2013

Jonas El 'Adan wrote:

I am not certain if we are on to the next round or not because we stepped into the middle of the combat but just in case I will post my next round actions

I am glad the girl moved to safety, but the little bugger doesn't look to have been affected by my spell better be careful how I approach. Jonas seeing the path clear to the goblin moves at a quick shuffle against the vicious sword wielding little toad. Move action to end along side goblin. He makes a sweeping motion with his rapier to move the goblins weapon out of a guard position before thrusting forward aiming for a vital spot at its throat. Standard action to attack. Here's that steel I promised!
1d20 + 3; 1d6 + 3

Moved on map Jonas rushes forward and plunges his sword into the goblin who drops to the ground.


Male Human Magus 1
ciretose wrote:
Moved on map Jonas rushes forward and plunges his sword into the goblin who drops to the ground.

Thank you I wasn't certain if I should move it immediately or wait until the end of the round I will know for next time.


Male Half-orc Wizard (transmuter) 1

Jies moves, and not wishing to expend all of his magical energies, he attempts to strike a goblin (A/M column) with another thrust of telekinetic force

Attack
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Damage
1d4 ⇒ 1

Liberty's Edge Star Voter 2013

Jies Redtome wrote:

Jies moves, and not wishing to expend all of his magical energies, he attempts to strike a goblin (A/M column) with another thrust of telekinetic force

Attack
1d20+2

Damage
1d4

The goblin staring a Tug is shaken by telekinetic force for one point of damage. He charges at Tug with his dogchopper

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Damage 1d4 ⇒ 1

The Goblin behind the wagon moves to attack Etoyhya

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Damage 1d4 ⇒ 1


female half-elf druid 2

Turning to face the goblin that attacked her, Etohya equips her wooden shield and swings her scimitar!

Attack 1d20 ⇒ 12; Damage 1d6 ⇒ 3

With a whistle, she commands Kirri to attack as well. The bird flies around the goblin, using its sharp beak and talons to try to bring down its foe.

Fly check to move 5 ft. (DC 10) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

Attack (bite) 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7; Damage 1d4 ⇒ 4
Attack (talon) 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21; Damage 1d4 ⇒ 2
Attack (talon) 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15; Damage 1d4 ⇒ 2


Dwarven Inquisitor 2

"That's right come to me you runt! Tug adjusts the grip of his chain for close combat move action and goes for an uppercut with the iron ball.

Attack (dorn-dergar) 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Damage 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

"Bah... quit your jumpin' around!"

Liberty's Edge Star Voter 2013

Etohya wrote:

Turning to face the goblin that attacked her, Etohya equips her wooden shield and swings her scimitar!

Attack 1d20; Damage 1d6

With a whistle, she commands Kirri to attack as well. The bird flies around the goblin, using its sharp beak and talons to try to bring down its foe.

Fly check to move 5 ft. (DC 10) 1d20+8

Attack (bite) 1d20+2; Damage 1d4
Attack (talon) 1d20+2; Damage 1d4
Attack (talon) 1d20+2; Damage 1d4

The Goblin manages to dodge most of the attacks, but the hawks talons dig into his arm for 2 points of damage.

Liberty's Edge Star Voter 2013

Tug Milkbeard wrote:

"That's right come to me you runt! Tug adjusts the grip of his chain for close combat move action and goes for an uppercut with the iron ball.

Attack (dorn-dergar) 1d20 + 2
Damage 1d10 + 2

"Bah... quit your jumpin' around!"

Miss


Male Human Magus 1

Seeing as the two goblins seem to be in hand Jonas scans the surrounding area to be certain their are no other goblins about. Move action to use perception 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 lol, when I don't see anything except my shoes I will use a standard action to cast Daze(DC 13) on the goblin Etohya is currently fighting and make a 5 foot move towards them.
Jonas yells out in Goblin. Leave that pretty woman alone ugly shes not your type.

Liberty's Edge Star Voter 2013

@Jonas

Even that low, you heard the sounds of more fighting to the north up Church St, including the source of the goblin singing. You can't see much else.

Goblin will save
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10

The goblin nearest Etohya is dazed.


Male Human Cleric 1

Sorry! busy day
Enjoying his massive reach, Ken makes an attack against the goblin nearest to Tug
attack
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
damage
1d10 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

As he still threatens all three goblins (If I'm not mistaken) Ken will stay put.

Liberty's Edge Star Voter 2013

Ken Odeber wrote:

Sorry! busy day

Enjoying his massive reach, Ken makes an attack against the goblin nearest to Tug
attack
1d20+3
damage
1d10+6

As he still threatens all three goblins (If I'm not mistaken) Ken will stay put.

Miss


Male Human Cleric 1

so i think tug put in his move, meaning that trin should turn tail or take a dm controlled turn and then it's Jonas' go again i think?


Male Human Magus 1

My last post was for next round actions. So kens swipe should have happened before my daze effect. Sorry about that I wasn't certain if Ken was still in the fight. I believe that means Jies would be up next followed by the goblins, Etohya, Ken, and then Tug.


Male Half-orc Wizard (transmuter) 1

Ah! sorry!
Jies moves and strikes the nearest goblin with his staff
1d20 ⇒ 14
1d6 ⇒ 2

Liberty's Edge Star Voter 2013

@jies Miss

Liberty's Edge Star Voter 2013

The Goblin nearest Etohya missed.

The other attacks Tug

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Damage
1d4 ⇒ 4


female half-elf druid 2

Etohya frowns in frustration at the goblin in front of her. Seeing it dazed, she quickly nods in thanks to Jonas before attacking again...

Scimitar 1d20 ⇒ 6

... but winces as her scimitar misses the goblin completely, smashing into the ground nearby. The hawk continues to fly slowly around the goblin (Fly check DC 10 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21, biting and raking at the ugly creature's flesh.

Bite 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9; Damage 1d4 ⇒ 2
Talon 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3; Damage 1d4 ⇒ 3
Talon 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18; Damage 1d4 ⇒ 4

Liberty's Edge Star Voter 2013

Etohya wrote:

Etohya frowns in frustration at the goblin in front of her. Seeing it dazed, she quickly nods in thanks to Jonas before attacking again...

Scimitar 1d20

... but winces as her scimitar misses the goblin completely, smashing into the ground nearby. The hawk continues to fly slowly around the goblin (Fly check DC 10 1d20+8, biting and raking at the ugly creature's flesh.

Bite 1d20+2; Damage 1d4
Talon 1d20+2; Damage 1d4
Talon 1d20+2; Damage 1d4

Although the goblin is able to avoid most of the attack, a single talon rips into his face. While he has not fallen, he is clearly badly hurt.


Male Human Cleric 1

Ken lashes out with his glaive, attacking the goblin which Jies just missed
attack
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
damage
2d8 + 6 ⇒ (2, 2) + 6 = 10
I forgot his glaive does damage as a large weapon too!


Dwarven Inquisitor 2

if the goblin in front of me is still up...

"Here catch, you slug!" Tug brings his weapon down with an over head swing.. his feet leave the ground slightly with the impact..

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14 damage 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

If it was already down from Ken:

"Nice swing, big man!" Tug moves to within charging distance of the goblin to west, half-crazed with desire to smash something vile. move 20 feet west, 5 feet south..


Male Human Magus 1

Jonas attempts to move past the goblin and step up to the table to gain the higher ground and flank the goblin. Saluting Etohya with his rapier as he passes. It is my pleasure to give aid to a beautiful woman.
Acrobatics in a attempt to prevent attacks of opportunity while moving at full speed 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Attack with Rapier
1d20 + 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 3 + 2 + 1 = 181d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
I treated the table like difficult terrain. Let me know if I need another acrobatics check to reach the top of the table or if the table doesn't provide the +1 for higher ground.


Male Half-orc Wizard (transmuter) 1

Finding that things seem well in hand in this courtyard, but his magic might be needed elsewhere soon enough, Jies attempts to strike the goblin again
1d20 ⇒ 18
1d6 ⇒ 2

Liberty's Edge Star Voter 2013

Jonas El 'Adan wrote:

Jonas attempts to move past the goblin and step up to the table to gain the higher ground and flank the goblin. Saluting Etohya with his rapier as he passes. It is my pleasure to give aid to a beautiful woman.

Acrobatics in a attempt to prevent attacks of opportunity while moving at full speed 1d20 + 2
Attack with Rapier
1d20 + 3 + 2 + 1; 1d6 + 3
I treated the table like difficult terrain. Let me know if I need another acrobatics check to reach the top of the table or if the table doesn't provide the +1 for higher ground.

The goblin falls to the ground, you hear the singing continue to the north and the sound of more screams

Liberty's Edge Star Voter 2013

Jies Redtome wrote:

Finding that things seem well in hand in this courtyard, but his magic might be needed elsewhere soon enough, Jies attempts to strike the goblin again

1d20
1d6

Jies staff smashes into the goblin for two points of damage.

51 to 100 of 645 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / ROTRL New Player Game Play Thread. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.