Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Rise of the Runelords - New Player edition

Game Master ciretose

Rise of the Runelords...mostly...


501 to 550 of 645 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Andoran

@Tug Are you opening the door you are standing in front of?


Dwarven Inquisitor 2

"Here we go... Stay close."
Tug casts a quick spell on himself again, and opens the door.

cast guidance, perception for room 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

Andoran

This large chamber was obviously once a prison, as testified by the nearly two dozen cells that line the room’s perimeter. A rickety wooden platform overlooks the room, with two flights of stairs descending to the prison floor ten feet below. A five-foot-wide wooden walkway runs from the northern edge of the platform to a passageway to the east.

You see two of the creatures you saw in the entrance, bickering in the eastern part of the room over a collection of skulls. They don't seem to notice you yet, as the room remains completely dark.

Roll initiative.


Dwarven Inquisitor 2

initiative 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14


Male Human Magus 1

Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


female half-elf druid 2

Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Andoran

Init 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

You all have a surprise round.

Andoran

Etoyha, you are up in the surprise round, followed by Tug and Jonas.

Then you will get to go again in the main round before the creatures.


female half-elf druid 2

Etohya casts virtue and takes a small step to touch Tug with the spell. (1 temporary hp to Tug)


Dwarven Inquisitor 2

Tug murmurs a quick spell, then whispers... "I'll bring them here. Get ready..."

cast Guidance on myself


Male Human Magus 1

Jonas gives a Tug a thumbs up indicating his understanding before drawing one of the daggers hanging from his belt preparing it for throwing at the enemies once they are within range. I assume that I still have at least a few rounds left on my shield spell I will leave the amount up to you. I had 17 rounds left when the last battle ended to give you a start point.

Andoran

Jonas El 'Adan wrote:

Jonas gives a Tug a thumbs up indicating his understanding before drawing one of the daggers hanging from his belt preparing it for throwing at the enemies once they are within range. I assume that I still have at least a few rounds left on my shield spell I will leave the amount up to you. I had 17 rounds left when the last battle ended to give you a start point.

I'll give you 5 more rounds

Etoyha is up, start of the round.


Male Human Magus 1

good to know I adjusted my character accordingly


female half-elf druid 2

Etohya delays and waits for someone more capable to lead, "Fighting one of these wasn't easy... maybe we can draw them to us?"

Andoran

Both creatures move, but that is all they can do. Take your dagger attack


Male Human Magus 1

Jonas tosses his dagger but it misses the mark by a wide margin as the beast flits past the opened door.
thrown dagger: 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (7) - 5 = 21d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


female half-elf druid 2

I'll go now... that puts me after the sinsp- er, creatures and before Tug.

Etohya moves back as the strange creatures approach. "Tug, let them come to us and we can fight them one by one in the doorway."

She then casts virtue again, this time touching Jonas. (1 temporary hp to Jonas)


Dwarven Inquisitor 2

Whatever beginning of a plan Tug had, has now vanished ... he backpedals "Ahh! Which doorway?!" Unsure of where to place himself in his panic, Tug steps back a few feet - ready to strike the first creature to step in front of him.
"I'll hold 'em a few seconds. Post up!"

5'step, move action to switch weapon to 10' reach, ready action to strike first foe to step within 10' threatened area. using guidance on attack roll when it comes.

readied action 10'reach strike 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 1 = 10


Male Human Magus 1

Jonas nods to Etohya as he passes saying Thanks. before taking a position just in front of Tug. Jonas summons power to his blade and strikes at the beast to his right. Pulling back slightly and prepares to defend the door way once I feel the blade strikes home. Just give me a heads up when your ready to swing So I can Duck Tug. I use a move action to get into position then a swift action to power up my sword and a standard action to strike at the creature. I added the damage from the first role to the second so the confirmation is the total damage if it hits.
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 241d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 231d6 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19

Andoran

Jonas El 'Adan wrote:

Jonas nods to Etohya as he passes saying Thanks. before taking a position just in front of Tug. Jonas summons power to his blade and strikes at the beast to his right. Pulling back slightly and prepares to defend the door way once I feel the blade strikes home. Just give me a heads up when your ready to swing So I can Duck Tug. I use a move action to get into position then a swift action to power up my sword and a standard action to strike at the creature. I added the damage from the first role to the second so the confirmation is the total damage if it hits.

1d20 + 4; 1d6 + 3
1d20 + 4; 1d6 + 13

Your strike hits for 19 damage, rendering the creature motionless, but still upright. He shakes his head and seems partially recovered on his turn.

The other one attacks you

Creature
Bite
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 (wiil save if hits)
Claws
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


female half-elf druid 2

Etohya growls as Jonas runs ahead, putting himself in danger of both of the creatures. "No! Let them come to us!"

She casts flare at the uninjured creature to try to give Jonas a little help. (Fort DC 13 or it's dazzled for 1 min)

Finally, she attempts to have Kirri attack. Handle Animal DC 25 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25... finally!

Kirri flies above Jonas and attacks with a talon.

Talon 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25; Damage 1d4 ⇒ 1
Confirm 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10; Damage 1d4 ⇒ 2


Dwarven Inquisitor 2

Tug murmurs a few words then takes a hand from his chain to gesture and touch Jonas. "Step back a bit, boy, so only one can hit ya." and then steps back himself.

std action curelight on Jonas. 5'step back
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Andoran

Etohya wrote:

Etohya growls as Jonas runs ahead, putting himself in danger of both of the creatures. "No! Let them come to us!"

She casts flare at the uninjured creature to try to give Jonas a little help. (Fort DC 13 or it's dazzled for 1 min)

Finally, she attempts to have Kirri attack. Handle Animal DC 25 1d20+13... finally!

Kirri flies above Jonas and attacks with a talon.

Talon 1d20+5; Damage 1d4
Confirm 1d20+5; Damage 1d4

The talon slashes into the creature for 1 point of damage


Male Human Magus 1

Jonas hears the wisdom in his companions words and reluctantly steps back but not before swinging at the same beast he had struck before. Once in position next to Tug, Jonas summons light in the door way of the room. Use a full attack action to strike at the target then take a 5 foot step back and cast the light spell in the room at the entrance way.
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 91d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Andoran

Both creatures seem to heal slightly, they attack Kirri.

Bite
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Claws
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Bite
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Claws
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Andoran

Jonas El 'Adan wrote:

Jonas hears the wisdom in his companions words and reluctantly steps back but not before swinging at the same beast he had struck before. Once in position next to Tug, Jonas summons light in the door way of the room. Use a full attack action to strike at the target then take a 5 foot step back and cast the light spell in the room at the entrance way.

1d20 + 2; 1d6 + 3

The attack misses (sorry, overlooked this)


female half-elf druid 2

What was the result of my flare spell? Not that it matters for those rolls... without the cover my bird would have been dead.

Seeing the creatures attack Kirri, Etohya shouts for the hawk to return to her.

Handle Animal DC 27 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25

She tries again...

Handle Animal DC 27 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32... phew

Kirri finally listens, withdrawing from the creatures.

Andoran

Fort save 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14


Dwarven Inquisitor 2

Tug gets his weapon's momentum going, waiting for the first foe to come through.

ready action to strike first foe within 10' 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
1d10 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

stats:
HP 18/18 (+1 temp)
AC:15 tch:12 ff:13
Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +6
Effects: virtue

*

my bad attack rolls are getting ridiculous


Male Human Magus 1

Jonas prepares for the creatures to come through the door ready to run them through if they make the attempt. I also ready an action to strike either of the creatures if they enter within range of my sword.
Rapier(R): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 181d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Andoran

The injured creature enters and is immediately attacked by Jonas and Tug.

While he was able to dodge tug, Jonas's attack hit true, dropping the beast to the ground.

The other creature moved past his friend (AoO for Jonas) and tries to bite Tug

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


female half-elf druid 2

Etohya casts guidance and touches Tug with the spell.


Male Human Magus 1

Jonas takes advantage of the creatures divided attention and attempts to strike the creature.
Rapier(R):1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 161d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Dwarven Inquisitor 2

Tug pulls in the slack of his chain, and attempts to bring the iron ball down on the beast's head - but clumsily pinches his finger in the chain, and misses badly.

move action switch to 5' with weapon
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Andoran

Jonas's slashes into the beast for 6 damage, but the beast seems to recover somewhat soon after after.

He attacks Jonas

Bite
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Two claws
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


female half-elf druid 2

Etohya casts guidance again and moves to touch Jonas with the spell, since Tug still has his active.


Male Human Magus 1

Jonas pulls his arm back from the stinging slash of the beasts claws and shifts his stance to limit his exposure to the creatures attacks. Lets see you try that again ugly! I fight defensively using guidance to off set the penalties. My adjusted AC becomes 22.
Rapier(R):1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 71d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Dwarven Inquisitor 2

Tug allows Etohya's magic assistance to help guide his hand. Shrugging off the tiny bit of self-doubt, he swings again - the ball misses and smacks into the wall.
1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 1 = 10

Spoiler:
HP 18/18
AC:15 tch:12 ff:13
Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +6
Effects: using guidance

*

Andoran

The creature attacking and the creature on the ground looks to be improving.

The one standing attacks Jonas

Bite
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Claws
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


female half-elf druid 2

Seeing Jonas take a hit from the creature, Etohya casts virtue on him to try to lessen the impact of his wounds. (1 temp hp)


Dwarven Inquisitor 2

"Ach! We need to put em down fast, and squish thar heads!" Tug swings with all his might, and whispers a quiet prayer to Magrim as he swings wide.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Male Human Magus 1

let me lead this one further in so you put the other one down permanently Tug Jonas slashes the air with his rapier as he misses the creature hoping to coax it further into the short walkway around the statue. leaving him backed into the wall. To further enrage the beast he lets loose a ray of cold energy at the creature. I use a full attack action and continue to fight defensively (AC 22) taking a 5 foot step back and fire off a ray of cold.
Rapier(R):1d20 - 2 ⇒ (2) - 2 = 01d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Ray of Cold(T):1d20 - 2 ⇒ (10) - 2 = 81d3 ⇒ 3
magical resistance:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
and hit a bunch of nothing

Andoran

The creatures continue to heal. The one standing again attacks Jonas

Bite
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Two claws
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


female half-elf druid 2

Etohya casts guidance yet again, this time giving Tug the benefit of her spell.

Wow these rolls are frustrating. And I'm not even the one making them!


Dwarven Inquisitor 2

Etohya's touch snaps Tug out of the little shame spiral in his head. 'I am a Milkbeard! Magrim still blesses me with divine grace... well maybe not grace...Gah! Just hit it!" He swings again at the nearest foe, choked up on the chain of the dorn-dergar.

1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 3 + 1 = 15
1d10 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Spoiler:
HP 18/18
AC:15 tch:12 ff:13
Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +6
Effects: using guidance

Andoran

Tug Milkbeard wrote:

Etohya's touch snaps Tug out of the little shame spiral in his head. 'I am a Milkbeard! Magrim still blesses me with divine grace... well maybe not grace...Gah! Just hit it!" He swings again at the nearest foe, choked up on the chain of the dorn-dergar.

1d20+3+1
1d10+2

** spoiler omitted **

Tug's prayer is answered, striking the creature for 8 points of damage.


Male Human Magus 1

Jonas changes his fighting stance unexpectedly and lunges forward lashing out with sword and spell. His sword sinks deep into the beasts stomach it reflexively lurches forward opening it up to be hit by a blast of cold to the face from Jonas's other hand. I use a full attack action and cast defensively striking out with my rapier then use ray of frost
Cast defensively:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Rapier(R): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 211d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
ray of frost(T: 1d20 ⇒ 201d3 ⇒ 1
Spell resistance: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Confirm Rapier(R): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 191d6 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Confirm Ray of Frost(T): 1d20 ⇒ 21d3 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
My total damage should be 11 with rapier and 1 point with the ray of frost

Andoran

The Creature falls to the ground unconcious, both creatures seem to heal slightly soon after, one looking as if he is about to regain consciousness.


female half-elf druid 2

"We should finish them off. Quickly." Etohya draws her scimitar and moves to stand over one of the creatures.


Male Human Magus 1

I will coup de grace which ever one tug doesn't.

501 to 550 of 645 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / ROTRL New Player Game Play Thread. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.