Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Rise of the Runelords - New Player edition

Game Master ciretose

Rise of the Runelords...mostly...


451 to 500 of 645 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

Jonas El 'Adan wrote:

Jonas slides past the beast and strikes out with his sword before casting a quick incantation to protect himself being careful to keep the creatures claws and teeth at bay with his Rapier. Take a 5 foot step then strike with rapier then using spellcombat cast the shield spell and take an additional -3 penalty to gain a +3 bonus to concentration check. (Making AC 20)

Rapier(R) 1d20 - 1; 1d6 + 3
Concentration check to cast defensively 1d20 + 8
Save vs bite 1d20 + 4
Despite my successful save I think I am still feeling pretty wrathful mainly against this thing

The rapier just misses the creature.


Male Human Magus 1
ciretose wrote:
The rapier just misses the creature.

I am definitely annoyed with it now. Maybe we will have better luck once we have it flanked


female half-elf druid 2

Etohya casts guidance on Tug (+1 to one attack, save, or skill check) before trying to get Kirri to attack.

Handle Animal DC 25 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21... god I hate the Paizo dice roller

Kirri preens himself.


Dwarven Inquisitor 2

Round 4
Tug screws up his face, takes a couple steps and spins like a top - but misses the mark again..

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


Dwarven Inquisitor 2

forgot flanking bonus .. but still a miss I'm sure


Male Human Magus 1

Jonas holds his ground against the beast just within its reach finally positioned to a flanking position. Casting defensively Jonas attempts to target the creature with a blast of cold but the spell fizzles as Jonas misses the proper somatic component with the distraction of the snapping jaws and clawing of the aberration only barely held at bay by his rapier.
Make a 5 foot step failed to cast defensively while using Spell Combat losing ray of frost cantrip then strike with with rapier with a failed critical threat.
I seem to have all his attention Tug give him a good wallop in the back of the skull for me.

Cast Defensively 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Rapier (R)1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 231d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Rapier Confirmation (R)1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 121d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Liberty's Edge

The rapier strikes home for 8 points of damage

As a heads up, the creature has spell resistance, so roll a caster check going forward.

The creature continues to attack Jonas
Bite
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Two claws
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


female half-elf druid 2

Etohya casts guidance on herself before stepping up to the creature. She tries again to get Kirri to attack.

Handle Animal DC 25 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19

She swears in Shoanti.

(Don't forget that +1 to a roll, Tug!)


Dwarven Inquisitor 2

Round 5
Tug lets the little magic assistance from Etoyha flow through his strike.

1d20 + 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 3 + 2 + 1 = 25
1d10 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Male Human Magus 1

Jonas thrusts forward with his sword not bothering to do anything except put steel to flesh with as much strength as he can muster against his opponent.
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 171d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Liberty's Edge

Sorry for the delay

Tugs blow strikes home, turning the beast awkwardly and opening a path for Jonas's blade. The creature falls to the ground unconscious.


Dwarven Inquisitor 2

Tug talks to the knocked out aberration while he scans the room. "You down here all alone, Sweetheart?. " He takes a few steps, and peeks around to the back.
"Guess yer birdie not so fond of fightin underground beasties?" He looks to Etohya and Jonas "Either of ya know what kinda thing our sleeping beauty here is?

perception - room 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24


female half-elf druid 2

"I have no idea what this thing is... it's certainly not a creature of nature. We should bring the corpse back up with us when we return to the city. Maybe someone there knows more."

Etohya frowns at her hawk. "Kirri, like all animals, would prefer not to approach unnatural creatures such as this. It would take some training to overcome his natural instincts. Hopefully I will have better luck convincing him in the future." The bird seems impervious to her scolding and merely hops around as if mocking her words.

Liberty's Edge

@Tug - The creature has nothing on it and the cave like room is empty as far as you can tell.

(200 XP for everyone)


Male Human Magus 1

Jonas ensures the creature won't get back up stabbing the creature one more time. coup de grace the aberration. I am pretty sure its an aberration of some type. During the fight it made made me unnaturally angry when it bit me pushing thoughts into my head. I was able to fight off the effects but if we meet anymore of them try to keep away from its jaws. It might make us go berserk on each other or something.


Dwarven Inquisitor 2

Tug looks at Jonas and raises an eyebrow. "You sure you weren't just mad from whiffing so much?" Tug gets his answer from Jonas's expression .. "Hmm. Well keep away from its jaws ... sounds like a good plan. Let's keep movin."
Tug returns to the main corridor, ready to continue. 'Berserk on each other? The stain on my old family name still haunts me... oh gods... There is nothing of that butcher in me.'

Liberty's Edge

Just let me know where you are going next and I'll open it up.


Male Human Magus 1

Ill let you take the lead Again Tug and try to keep my lights back far enough that they don't give us away. Jonas recasts his dancing lights spell and follows after the others. Directing the spell to stay far enough away that it doesn't spotlight Tug as he scouts out the dark tunnels.


female half-elf druid 2

Etohya follows as well, keeping to the rear of the small group.


Dwarven Inquisitor 2

Tug nods and moves to the next opening. no point in sneakin ... if anythings in here, they heard us... He hops into a fighting pose when he reaches the doorway.

Liberty's Edge

Map updated


Dwarven Inquisitor 2

"Ehh. Another corridor. I suggest for now, we either make all right or all left turns. Helps to keep from getting lost. Sooo ... let's do right."
Once the others move in behind him, Tug creeps down the corridor on the right - keeping an eye out for signs of hazardous passage and potential foes.
stealth 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Liberty's Edge

You discover a well constructed room very different from the cave like structure of the smugglers tunnel. The original purpose of this chamber is unclear, but large mounds of rubble lie strewn on its floor. You approach through that wall to the west has been torn down to reveal a tunnel.


Male Human Magus 1

Jonas moves up behind Tug and speaks quietly. See anything interesting?


Dwarven Inquisitor 2

"Looks like whoever dug this tunnel, ran into an older chamber. Watch your step, they've left a mess." Tug looks around for some way of determining how much traffic comes through here... "Door here. Whatcha think?"


Male Human Magus 1

Let me get some light in there and take a look Jonas moves his dancing lights spell into the room to get a better look.


Male Human Magus 1

Getting a better idea of what is there Jonas answers Tugs question. I say we try the door and see if its locked and go from there.

Liberty's Edge

The door is not locked.


female half-elf druid 2

Once the room is lit with Jonas's spell, Etohya looks through the rubble to see if anything was discarded in the room.

Assuming you roll Perception checks... let me know if you want me to instead.


Dwarven Inquisitor 2

Tug looks to the others to see if they are ready, and notices Etohya looking around the room. "Didja see something?" He scans the area.

perception(current room) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

"Alright. Here we go... " Tug opens the door as quietly as he can, and peers in the room.

perception(next room) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10


Dwarven Inquisitor 2

forgot stealth 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17


Male Human Magus 1

Jonas continues to follow Tug keeping several paces behind staying quiet and just within the dim light produced by his dancing lights spell. While trying to use all his senses to perceive any potential dangers ahead.
Stealth: 1d20 ⇒ 18
perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

Liberty's Edge

An investigation of the rubble reveals that most of it seems to
have consisted of broken urns and other pottery containers that
once held food stores, long since crumbled to dust.

The door opens to a hallway.


Dwarven Inquisitor 2

Tug whispers over his shoulder.. "Turns left... unless it's an 'S' curve, should be a small room." Tug creeps around the corner.

perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
stealth 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Liberty's Edge

Map updated as you continue down the hallway. You don't notice anything exceptional in the hallway, other than it appears incredibly old.


Dwarven Inquisitor 2

Tug nods ... and continues around the next corner chewing on his bottom lip. 'ready ... oh so ready.'
Each step he takes he thinks about the perfect swing for what is certainly lurking around the next corner.

Liberty's Edge

Map updated


Male Human Magus 1

Jonas continues to follow after Tug keeping a little distance between them and directing his spell to the far end of the hall. Ethoya are you at your current position on the map or are you up with us? I don't think getting to far away from each other is a good idea in the tunnels. By the way thank you for keeping my butt from getting to scratched up.

Stealth: 1d20 ⇒ 14
Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

Liberty's Edge

Sorry, I was waiting for Ethoya's response, but I realize you all may be waiting for me.

@Jonas you don't notice anything in particular beyond what is described.


female half-elf druid 2

Sorry - just following along and moving myself on the map. Not much to do but follow the point man. :P


Male Human Magus 1

Cough Cough just trying not to trip over my feet in the dark while remaining stealthy wearing this jingly armor stuff. Stealth is not my strongest ability at the moment. So as Etohya said I am just following our point man.


Dwarven Inquisitor 2

Tug peers around the corner, down the hallway. He whispers over his shoulder "Looks like this might lead to another area. Let's go straight from here, and come back to it."

this is assuming I don't see anything down the hall.

Liberty's Edge

@Tug, you don't see anything in particular down that hall that isn't on the map. Move yourself and I'll clear the map.


Dwarven Inquisitor 2

so going straight? Can't move my guy on this device, away from home until sunday

Liberty's Edge

A red marble statue of a strikingly beautiful but, at the same time, monstrously enraged human woman stands in the middle of this room, her stony expression twisted in fury. The woman wears flowing robes, and her long hair is held back from her face by an intricate headdress of hooks and blades. In her left hand she carries a large book, the face of which is inscribed with a seven-pointed star. Her right hand holds a glittering metal and ivory ranseur.


Male Human Magus 1

Once Tug moves a little further I will direct the light of my spell to high light the statue so I can get a better look at it. I would like to determine if the statue has any significance. The only skill I have that might be of use might be of use is Knowledge Planes

Liberty's Edge

Jonas El 'Adan wrote:

Once Tug moves a little further I will direct the light of my spell to high light the statue so I can get a better look at it. I would like to determine if the statue has any significance. The only skill I have that might be of use might be of use is Knowledge Planes

It would take a knowledge history (and a very high one) to know who the person was. You can tell that the Ranseur is not part of the statue, but an actual masterwork Ranseur, probably worth significantly more than a normal masterwork Ranseur, being what appears to be an ancient artifact as well as having the valuable ivory (you would guess about 400 gp).

You feel comfortable you could remove it without too much effort or without doing damage to the statue.


Male Human Magus 1

This statue appears to be holding an expensive looking weapon. We should come back after investigating the rest of the area and look it over more closely.


Dwarven Inquisitor 2

Tug stands entranced... just staring at the statue. "Well I'll be. That is incredible!" He shakes his head in disbelief. "Red marble! Ha!" He takes a look at her face. "Wonder how long she hadta pose like that."

Tug looks at Jonas and nods "Yep lets go .. that way" and shoots a finger toward the opposite door.


female half-elf druid 2

Etohya frowns disapprovingly at the ivory-inlaid weapon. "Ivory... I have a suspicion that whatever creature it came from did not give it up willingly. Still, I suppose we could make use of it... its crafters are surely long gone."

451 to 500 of 645 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / ROTRL New Player Game Play Thread. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.