Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Rise of the Runelords

Game Master inara14

Sandpoint combat Map


1 to 50 of 210 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Female Sandpoint combat Map

Today is the day of the autumnal equinox, the 22nd of the month of Rova. The sun, while low in the sky, is shining brightly and the air is unseasonably warm around Sandpoint.

At dawn, the new cathedral bells rang loud throughout the streets of Sandpoint to start the day of its own consecration. The warm breeze lazily flapping the streamers and bunting hanging from every building and throughout the streets.

There were many citizens already out of bed at dawn this morning in their finest clothing ready to celebrate, and the main square of the town has a bustle of different traders preparing their wares for today’s festival and consecration.

Preparations and well-wishes continued throughout the morning as, for the town, today is an important day combining their Autumnal Equinox celebrations with the consecration of their new cathedral, which will become an official place of worship in the eyes of Desna. Everyone is excited at the festivities that begin at noon with the welcoming speeches by the new cathedral and continue throughout the afternoon until Father Zantus’ Prayers for consecration at sunset.
Whether you already live in Sandpoint, have arrived recently, or you are travelling today you have come to join in the festivities and attend the welcoming speeches outside the new cathedral.

Welcoming Speeches::
The turnout for the speeches is quite respectable and the four keynote speakers deliver short but well-received welcomes to the festival. Mayor Deverin’s friendly attitude and excitement proves contagious as she welcomes the town and much to everyone’s amusement says ”Even Larz managed to tear himself away to attend”.

Sheriff Belor Hemlock reminds everyone to be safe around this evening’s bonfire and requests a moment of silence to remember that lost their lives in the fire that claimed the previous church many years ago.

The next speaker was scheduled to be Lonjuki Kaijitsu but a sudden illness prevented him from attending the ceremony.

Cyrdak Drokkus, the town performer, lifts the crowds spirits with a completely irreverent recap of the long process the town went to finance and construct the new cathedral and throws in some self-promotion for his new production of “The Harpy’s Curse” revealing that the lead role will be played by non other than famous Magnimarian Diva Allishanda!

Finally Father Zantus steps up to give a short thanks for all attending the festival and asks all attending to return for the prayers and consecration at sunset today.

Knowledge Local DC12:
Larz is the local tanner, a notorious workaholic always sporting a straight face. Lonjuki Kaijitsu was the local nobleman but never attends frivolities. Ameiko Kaijitsu’s tavern is probably best to stop at as she is offering her remarkable curry-spiced salmon and early winterdrop mead. Father Abstalar Zantus is a worshipper of Desna and very open about matters of faith, often slipping into role of advisor for worshippers of other Gods also.

You have the afternoon at your disposal before the sunset consecration. There are a variety of games you may wish to participate in (including prizes!), food to eat, goods to buy and merriment to be had. Food is free in all taverns, there are impromptu performances and a planned swallowtail release in the square all throughout the afternoon. Have fun!


HP: -1/12 | AC: 17 (14 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +0 | Init: +4 | Perc: +4, Socials +7 | Speed 30ft | Longword: +6, d8+4, 19-20x2, S. | Shortbow +5, d6, x3, 70ft, P. | Challenge 1/1; Tactician 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

Morgana was out of bed early, like most of the town, but that certainly did not mean she was outside at the crack of dawn. This was a celebration, a great day for Sandpoint and everyone has to look their best! Therefore Kendra had been gone at least an hour by the time Morgana finally decided that her outfit was suitable for the day - bright and colourful for festivities, but not excessive or gaudy. She carefully chooses some minor decorations, bracelets and a thin necklace with a butterfly on it in honor of the festival.

She left the Deverin manor in a good mood, but troubled by the nagging feeling that she'd forgotten something. The wind whipping through her carefully braided hair gave her a momentary flash of panic, My hat! and had her rushing back inside. Returning with her favourite hat, its wide brim and proudly arching feather keeping the sun off her face Morgana put her best smile on and headed down the hill to enjoy the festival.

The speeches put a renewed smile on Morgana's face. Kendra is so good at what she does. If I can be half as good with people as she is..." Like much of the crowd around her Morgana chuckles at the, gentle, barb the Mayor aims at Larz before treating the remaining speeches with more seriousness, although Cyrdak's announcement about Allishandra has Morgana bouncing up and down on her toes in excitement. Allishandra! And I'll be on the stage with her - this is amazing!

Between her clothes, her bouncing and her elaborate hat Morgana is, inadvertently, easy to spot as the crowd disperses and she tries to decide exactly what to do next...


Male NG Human Shoanti Fighter 1 | HP: 13/13 | AC: 20 (12 Tch, 18 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +0 [+1 vs Fear] | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: +0 (-2 vs nonShoanti) | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None.

The clang of the cathedral bells startled the tall Shoanti youth. Will I never get used to these odd city-sounds. He straightened himself up and quickly glanced in every direction to make sure that no one noticed his shameful display. They do not know I shamed myself, they are too concerned with their clothes, and their food, and most definitely their drink today.

Curious of the happenings of Sandport, and excited for the festivities - particularly the contests of strength and athleticism, Honani makes his way towards the Square to take in the strange sights and sounds. Every footstep a wonderment, every smell an exotic first for the young man, he quickly loses his hunter's focus.

Completely taken in, again, by the sights and sounds Honani inadvertently bumps into a gaudily dressed woman. Flush with embarrassment, he reaches across and grabs the woman by the upper-arm to stabilize her.

"Sweet Desna, oh no. My deepest apologies, young woman. I did not mean to jar you so. Are you ok? Can I do anything for you?" the Shoanti queries, searching her face for signs that he might have accidentally injured her.


| HP: 7/7 | AC 15* (T11, FF 14*) | CMB: +1 CMD: 12 | F:+1 R:+1 W:+3 | Init +1 | Perc +1, SM +1, Bluff +1, Diplomacy +6 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 1/2 | Bonded Object: 0/1 | Active Conditions: Mage Armour (1 hour)

Marissia was up early, as usual. She dressed in a cotton shirt, an olive green brocade vest, her finest dark grey leggings and knee-high leather boots. Presentable, but not ostentatious. Perfect. She made sure her mother's necklace--the only thing she had of her mother--was securely around her neck. She smiled at the intertwined silver and gold birds on the chain and took a deep breath.

Today is the festival. I will smile. I will make friends. I will have fun. There's no way Dad can ruin this... Is there? Knowing her father, there was. She sighed. Smile.

---

Marisa stepped out of her little house on Bishop street, and locked up. She smiled at the banners and decorations hanging from the theatre and the grocery store. Smiling and waving in greeting as she passed by Madame Mvashti sitting on her front porch. The town was busy, and there was plenty to see and do.

She flitted around for the first while, going from crowd to crowd and one conversation to the next. She had plenty of passing friends, but she never tarried long. Soon enough conversations would turn to personal matters and she would inevitably be left out.

As the welcoming speeches opened the festival, Marissia clapped and smiled, happy to be a part of the crowd. To be accepted. Her life hadn't always been like this. She used to be such an outsider. She had worked hard for this acceptance.

She laughed at Mayor Deverin's jabs at Larz--that fellow would work himself to death one day--and nodded along with Sheriff Hemlock's warnings. He was right. She was unsurprised at Lonjiku's absence, and thrilled at Cyrdakk's announcement. She'd have to take in that show!

Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Suddenly a tall shoanti man bumps into Morgana Deverin--the mayor's cousin herself!--right in front of her. The shoanti was steadying her, but her hat--that fine hat!--was flying off her head. Knowing how much the noblewoman loves her hat, Marissia snatches it out of the air before it can fall to the ground. As the shoanti apologizes, Marissia holds out the spectacular wide-brimmed creation to Morgana.

"Don't worry, Lady Deverin. I caught your hat." she assures her with a smile. "No harm done? she ensures. It wouldn't due to have an argument at the festival!

After the Shoanti and Morgana finish speaking, Marissia continues. "I'm Marissia," she reminds Lady Deverin. "I'm not sure if you remember... We met a few weeks ago, at Rynshinn's."

She extends a hand to the strong shoanti man. Oh my! What muscles! Don't stare... Too late! "I'm Marissia. I'm a teacher here, at the town's academy. It's a pleasure to meet you. And you are...?"


Male NG Human Shoanti Fighter 1 | HP: 13/13 | AC: 20 (12 Tch, 18 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +0 [+1 vs Fear] | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: +0 (-2 vs nonShoanti) | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None.

Honani watches the hat flutter off the woman's head only to be retrieved by another woman, no less elaborately dressed. He quickly takes in her appearance before self-consciously adjusting the tanned skins covering his armor. He wore no adornments, no shiny baubles, and spent all of his coin on weapons and armaments. To waste his meager store of coins on silken coats and sparkly gems seemed odd to the man, but common in this large city of Sandpoint.

He looks at the hand offered to him and reaches out to grip the woman's forearm in a typical Shoanti warrior greeting before hesitating. No, that is not right. That is not how the city-dwellers do it. In his short time in the city he had seen people embrace like mother's do their children, he had seen people kiss others on each cheek, as only wedded couples might, but more frequently he has seen people grip by the hands, and move their hands up and down in unison. Taking a wild guess, he grips the woman's hand, hopefully not too tightly, and pumps it up and down.

"Marissa, may the sun shine on your days." he greets the formally dressed woman in typical Shoanti fashion. "I thank you for rescuing this woman's hat. I fear I have little coin to replace it should it be ruined, but I shall honor you in anyway I can to atone for my shame. I am Honani, of the Sklar-Quah Shoanti." Unsure of what to say next, he looks at both women for a long moment before responding.

"It seems that others in Sandpoint ask complete strangers questions, so I should do the same. What name have you been given?" he looks expectantly at the woman he bumped into.


HP: -1/12 | AC: 17 (14 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +0 | Init: +4 | Perc: +4, Socials +7 | Speed 30ft | Longword: +6, d8+4, 19-20x2, S. | Shortbow +5, d6, x3, 70ft, P. | Challenge 1/1; Tactician 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

Morgana feels a moment of pure panic as she is jostled and her hat goes flying. The reasoning part of her knows that it was just a nudge, such as anyone might receive in the crowd, but the other part of her can't help but cower. Rage replaces the fear and she rounds on the man who knocked her. He is saved her wrath however by Marissia Quink, who quickly retrieves her hat and in doing so manages to distract Morgana for the critical moment.

Taking a deep breath as introductions and apologies flow either side of her Morgana pauses, tamps down her emotions and tries to remember where she is. "Marissia, of course I remember you, it was the blue dress with the white flowers? A lovely garment, I hope you bought it - the colour really suited you. Is your father well. Thank you for retrieving my hat - it's silly I know but..." She tails off without finishing the sentence and turns to the man who started the whole commotion.

"Honani, of the Sk-lar Q-war? I am Morgana of House Deverin. Thank you for your concern, but my hat is fine thanks to Marissia. No harm done as she said." Morgana looks him up and down curiously. "I do not believe I have seen your manner of dress before. I would assume that you are from one of the Shoanti tribes." She's careful to keep her voice down at the end of that sentence - making it a statement rather than a question. "As I said, there is no honoring required, but if you would care to walk with me then perhaps more moments like this could be avoided." Turning to Marissia she continues "Marissia, let me take you to lunch in thanks - the gesture is somewhat lost when the food is free, but I'd like to show my thanks anyway!"

Equilibrium more or less restored Morgana begins moving through the crowd, heading for Ameiko's stand.


Female Sandpoint combat Map

Ameiko's stand is the busiest of all and the queue looks as if it will take at least 10 minutes until you will be served. When served however, the food is delectable and you just knew the curry spiced salmon was the way to go.

Around the festival there are many games taking place. The games that may attract your eye include those seen below. If anyone chooses to participate either individually or in groups, then please do include in your posts and I will explain any necessary mechanics.

Red Barrow Run:

This year, Gorvi has set up a race track from his shack down Tower Street, a sharp left turn onto Shell Street and another left onto Junker's Way, ending at Junker's Edge. Two of his signature red wheelbarrows have been scrubbed down and repainted for today. The race includes two teams of two, one person on each team pushing
the wheelbarrow and the other riding within. The goal is to be the first team to cross the finish line, but keep in mind the race track has been crafted to make travel difficult. The winning team gets three attempts to “fish up” an item in Gorvi's Goblin Fishing Extravaganza! There is also a special reward for any team that can beat this year's best run (8 rounds). Gorvi charges 5s per racer (1g per pair) to run the race.

Chase Rules: Each round (as a pair) you choose an obstacle to try and overcome and roll the appropriate dice. 1 Player rolls and the other player can aid another. If you pass you move onto the next object, if you fail you retry the obstacle again. You need to complete the race in 9 turns to win, 11 turns for 2nd place or 12 turns for 3rd place.

Obstacle 1: Unexpected Fence. Either Boost and Hop (Climb DC10) or Bus on Through (Bull Rush CMD 18)
Obstacle 2: Cluttered Alleyway. Either Up and Over (Acrobatics DC10) or Squeeze through (Escape Artist DC18)
Obstacle 3: Crowded Street. Either Follow the crowd (Sense Motive DC 14) or Out of my way! (Overrun CMD 18)
Obstacle 4: Steep rooftop. Either Easier than a duneon wall!(Climb DC 10) or Don't Fall (Reflex DC 18)
Obstacle 5: Mind the Gap. Either Leap (Acrobatics DC 15 or Short Cut (Knowledge Local DC17)
Obstacle 6: Fruit Cart. Either Oh Yeah (Strength DC 16) or (Move that Cart! (Intimidate DC14)
Obstacle 7: Possible Short Cut. Either Let Me DO the Talking (Diplomacy DC16) or I know where this goes! (Knowledge Local DC13)

Gorvi's Goblin Fishing extravaganza:
One mans junk is another mans (or half-orcs!) treasure. Gorvi saves the more useful or interesting items that find their way into the refuse wheelbarrows. He has chosen a few items from his collection to be the prizes in his Goblin Fishing Extravaganza. However, there's a catch. The participant can not see into the container from the ground, which is where they must “fish” from. The participant is provided 10 seconds prior to each “fishing” attempt to stand on the platform next to the container, where they view the prizes. The participant makes a Perception roll during the 10 seconds on the platform. They then make a d% roll for a “fishing” attempt. The Perception rolled prior to this attempt is added to the d% roll and the results of the “fishing” attempt are revealed to the participant. If a goblin cutout is hooked, that turn is lost. Otherwise, if a prize is hooked, the participant wins that prize. 3 sp per round.

Riddles and Rhymes:
Chask Haladan, owner of the bookshop, The Curious Goblin, fancies himself quite the riddle master, and to be fair, he is. He is incredibly well read and has devoted his life to the collection of books, the rarer the better.
Chask will provide riddles to anyone willing to wager 5 sp. If the participant is able to correctly answer three riddles, they receive a prize from Chask. If any riddle is answered incorrectly, the participant has lost. The riddles are selected by rolling 3 d20. Reroll if the number has already been selected.


| HP: 7/7 | AC 15* (T11, FF 14*) | CMB: +1 CMD: 12 | F:+1 R:+1 W:+3 | Init +1 | Perc +1, SM +1, Bluff +1, Diplomacy +6 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 1/2 | Bonded Object: 0/1 | Active Conditions: Mage Armour (1 hour)

Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Marissia happens to know the proper Shoanti way to greet one another, and after shaking Honani's hand, comments in Shoanti:

Shoanti:
"And let the moon set when all your deeds have been sung. Very nice, Honani of the Sklar-Quah. But we may greet your way as well."

Marissia happily adjusts their handshake so they clasp arms in the traditional Shoanti fashion.

"There is no need for thanks, from either of you. I'm just happy to help."

"Yes, that was me!" Marissia assures Morgana, thrilled to be remembered. "I didn't buy the dress, though, it was a bit too fine for me." She stumbles for a moment over mention of her father. "Yes, uh, well... Of course he is." Uh, she knew her father. How embarrassing.

To Honani she replies. "Of course, Honani. Apologies. My name is Marissia."

Marissia beams happily. "Yes, of course. Lunch would be lovely! And you'll join us, Honani?" she enquires. "I'm sure Miss Kaijitsu has something delicious up for offer at the Rusty Dragon."

---

While they wait in line to be served, Marissia makes small talk:

"I love your outfit, Morgana! It's quite fetching."

"Do you have anything planned for this evening? You have many admirers. Surely one was brave enough to ask you to dinner on this auspicious day?"

"Tell me, Honani, what brings you to Sandpoint?"

"How was the journey?"

---

When they pass by the Red Barrow Run, Marissia stops to watch for a race or two, cheering on the teams happily and clapping when the race is done.

"My, how exhilerating!" she exclaims.

---

When they pass Gorvi's Goblin Fishing, Marissia stops to watch again, seeing what the participants catch.

"Are you a deft fisherman, Honani?" she asks curiously.

---

"Oh, riddles! I love riddles!" Marissia exclaims. "Do you mind waiting while I try?" she asks her new friends. If they allow it she greets Chask pleasantly by name, and pays him 5 sp.

"I'm prepared to match wits with you, Mr. Haladan. Ready when you are."


Female Human (Tian-Min) [ HP: 9/9 | AC: 17 (13 TAC, 14 FFAC) | CMB: +1, CMD: 15 | Fort: +3, Ref: +3, Will: +3 | Init: +3 | Perception +0, Knowledge (Arcana) +4, Knowledge (Local) +5, UMD +7 ] Eldritch Scion (Magus) 1 [ Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 1/2 | Eldritch Pool: 4/4 | Destined Strike (+1 insight on attack roll): 3/3 | Wakizashi +3/1d6+1 P or S | Active conditions: none ]

Tamiko awakes in her room in the Rusty Dragon, late as she typically does, to bright sun and the low rumble of constant conversation outside, though...does it seem to be a bit louder today? She peeks out the window - oh, the Swallowtail Festival! I forgot about that! Taking a bit of time to dress a little more nicely than she usually does, and of course securing her precious blades at her side, Tamiko hurries out to the cathedral just in time for the speeches.

Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Tamiko is a bit sleepy still, but the Mayor's speech manages to put her in a good mood...until the Sheriff's reminder about the old church. Her home for so many years, burnt to the ground, and the old priest gone. She was lucky to be out spending the night at the tavern, and...no, it's been five years, you've already moved on, it's gone and done and nothing will bring them back. Tamiko cuts out of her daze just in time for the announcement that Lonjuki is sick again - good, never liked the old man anyways - and the remaining speeches bring her good spirits back.

As the crowd disperses, Tamiko heads over to Ameiko's stand as well; she knows perhaps better than anyone just how delicious her food can be. She greets Ameiko warmly as she gets her salmon, but seeing how busy it is, she doesn't stay long. Instead, she heads out towards the games on the heels of two well-dressed ladies who she vaguely recognizes and a Shoanti man - a curious combination, to be sure - but she's distracted by a loud cheer from Gorvi's booth. It seems like someone's won a good prize! Perhaps with her luck, she can get something too. After a short wait in line, Tamiko hands the half-orc his silvers, then goes to work.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 3
Fishing: 1d100 ⇒ 41


| HP: 7/7 | AC 15* (T11, FF 14*) | CMB: +1 CMD: 12 | F:+1 R:+1 W:+3 | Init +1 | Perc +1, SM +1, Bluff +1, Diplomacy +6 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 1/2 | Bonded Object: 0/1 | Active Conditions: Mage Armour (1 hour)

"Good luck, Miss Fujiwara!" Marissia cheers as she watches her fish.

Forgot to do my rolls for the riddles!

Riddle Rolls!: 1d20 ⇒ 4
Riddle Rolls!: 1d20 ⇒ 8
Riddle Rolls!: 1d20 ⇒ 12


Male NG Human Shoanti Fighter 1 | HP: 13/13 | AC: 20 (12 Tch, 18 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +0 [+1 vs Fear] | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: +0 (-2 vs nonShoanti) | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None.

"Why yes, Morgana. I will accept your invitation to eat food together." Honani accepts stiffly. Before he has a chance to consider whether or not his acceptance was socially appropriate, Marissa responds in the traditional Shoanti fashion. At a momentarily loss for words, Honani's feels a wave a sadness wash over him. His mind drifted back to home, the familiar sights and sounds so unlike this foreign city of men. Unknowingly, he grips her forearm in return. "You are a warrior, Marissia? And you speak Shoanti well. Did you spend time among the Sklar-Quah or other tribe?"

Accepting the woman's invitation to walk around Sandport, Honani is hoping that he is attracting less attention then he would otherwise. As the women casually converse about dresses, colors, and other such trivialities he scans the crowd to see if he and his small group has attracted any untoward attention. At Ameiko's food both, he marvels again at the multitude of options that people can consume, and they didn't even hunt for it. He takes a spoon of the spicy broth with the fatty fish on top. Knowing he needs the nourishment, he quickly finishes it before thanking the woman for including him.

"There are games today." he states matter-of-factly. "I wish to compete against these city people for I believe I am far superior athletically than they. Yet I fear I must compete with a partner in the Red Barrow's Run. As I know no one, other than you two, would either of you like to compete with me or help me find someone similarly physically able?" the Shoanti ends as he belches loudly.


| HP: 7/7 | AC 15* (T11, FF 14*) | CMB: +1 CMD: 12 | F:+1 R:+1 W:+3 | Init +1 | Perc +1, SM +1, Bluff +1, Diplomacy +6 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 1/2 | Bonded Object: 0/1 | Active Conditions: Mage Armour (1 hour)

"Nothing so exciting, I assure you. I had an eclectic education." Marissia informs Honani with mild embarrassment.

"I will happily compete with you, Honani, if you push."

When its their turn Marissia will hop into the wheelbarrow and drive.

Obstacle 1 - I can offer you aid, but I won't be much help, so your pick which one we do. Haha.
Obstacle 2 - Same. I can offer you aid, but I won't be much help, so your pick what we do.
Obstacle 3 - Same again. I can offer you aid, but I won't be much help, so your pick what we do.
Obstacle 4 - Same again. I can offer you aid, but I won't be much help, so your pick what we do.
Obstacle 5 - Short cut (Knowledge Local)!! You aid me this time! Marissia's got this!
Obstacle 6 - Back to me not being helpful. Haha. I can off you aid, but won't be much help, so you pick which one we do.
Obstacle 7 - I know where this goes (knowledge local)!! You aid me this time! Marissia's got this!


Female Sandpoint combat Map

Tamiko's fishing:
Whilst looking at the "fishing hole" you think you remember the placement of some items after the 10 seconds, but as soon as you look away, all the good prizes slips your mind! So you just have to go fishing and see what you get! Unfortunately you come away with a cut out of a Goblin. Gorvi looks very pleased with himself and with a wink says, "Looks like you've got yourself a fantastic memento!"

GM only - Fishing:

d% prizes:
70 or less: Goblin Cutout
71-80: Alchemist's Fire
81-90: Tanglefoot Bag
91-95: Potion of Cure Light Wounds
96-100: Unidentified Wand
101-110: Mwk. Grime-covered Weapon
111+: +1 Grime-covered Weapon
Grime-covered weapons can be brought to a smithy to thoroughly clean for 10g.

Marissia's riddles:

You can either roleplay the riddles, or roll a DC18 Int check for each
1) There are only two barber shop in a small town – one located in the eastern market and the other on the
northern market. The shop in the eastern market is quite untidy and the barber has a shabby haircut. While the
shop in the northern market is quite neat and clean and the barber is sporting an excellent haircut himself.
Which of the two shops should you visit?
2)When you have me you want to share me, When you share me I no longer exist. What am I?
3)Sometimes I am loved, Usually by the young. Other times I am dreaded, Mostly by the old ones. I am
hard to remember, Also hard to forget. And yet if you do, You'll make someone upset. I occur every day,
Everyone has to face me. Even if you don't want it to happen; embrace me. What am I?


HP: -1/12 | AC: 17 (14 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +0 | Init: +4 | Perc: +4, Socials +7 | Speed 30ft | Longword: +6, d8+4, 19-20x2, S. | Shortbow +5, d6, x3, 70ft, P. | Challenge 1/1; Tactician 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

"Well..." Morgana hesitates for a moment, and then decides to throw caution to the wind. "If you are willing to push the barrow I'll ride in it!" She keeps Honani back to watch Marissia match wits with Chask Haladan before going up to the wheelbarrow race. She pays for the both of them and then takes her place, gingerly, in the wheelbarrow - one hand braced on the side and the other waving her hat around to try and enthuse the crowd.

"The strength is up to you Honani - I'll try and direct you as best I can!" Then in a sudden blur of speed, they're off!

Round 1: Climb Aid: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (9) + 0 = 9 Nope.
Round 2: Acrobatics Aid: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24 Yep, +2
Round 3: Overrun(?) Aid: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16 Yep, +2
Round 4: Climb Aid: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (20) + 0 = 20 Yep, +2

Over the first part of the course Morgana simply tries to stay in the barrow, shifting her weight as best she can to help out.

That's the first half - lets see how we do up till there first!

EDIT: Ninja'd by the bookworm! How do you want to sort this Marissia?


| HP: 7/7 | AC 15* (T11, FF 14*) | CMB: +1 CMD: 12 | F:+1 R:+1 W:+3 | Init +1 | Perc +1, SM +1, Bluff +1, Diplomacy +6 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 1/2 | Bonded Object: 0/1 | Active Conditions: Mage Armour (1 hour)

As both the women volunteer, Marissia blushes, "Oh, you go ahead, Morgana."

She turns to Honani. "I'm sure she'll be a fine partner."

Marissia cheers for them loudly when they compete.


Female Human (Tian-Min) [ HP: 9/9 | AC: 17 (13 TAC, 14 FFAC) | CMB: +1, CMD: 15 | Fort: +3, Ref: +3, Will: +3 | Init: +3 | Perception +0, Knowledge (Arcana) +4, Knowledge (Local) +5, UMD +7 ] Eldritch Scion (Magus) 1 [ Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 1/2 | Eldritch Pool: 4/4 | Destined Strike (+1 insight on attack roll): 3/3 | Wakizashi +3/1d6+1 P or S | Active conditions: none ]

Tamiko is startled momentarily by someone calling out her name - looking back over her shoulder, she sees the woman she'd been behind earlier cheering her on. What was her name? Mar...Maris? Marcia?...oh, Marissia! Oh, darn, that's a goblin cutout.

By the time she's done getting her good-natured ribbing from the crusty old half-orc, they've disappeared into the crowd, and she makes no effort at finding them. Of course, Tamiko's not mad at Marissia for distracting her - it's not like she'd remembered where the prizes were anyways. She briefly considers trying again, but decides against wasting any more money.

Stashing the little goblin in her pack once it's dry enough, Tamiko sticks around the fishing game to watch the rest of the crowd trying their luck.


Human (Varisian) Female HP 7/12 | AC 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +8 | Diplo +6 or (+2), Bluff +0, Intim +1 | Knowledge Arc +5, Loc +6, Rel +5 | Speed 20 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Longsword +3 (1d8+3/19-20) | Morningstar +3 (1d8+3) | Dagger +3 (1d4+3/19-20) | Lt. Crossbow +3 (1d8/19-20)

The morning’s sun introduced itself over the horizon of Sandpoint as the small merchant ship known as The Gulls Dive approached the city’s harbor to deliver its wears. A short trip from Magnimar, but one that seemed quite profitable. It wasn’t too difficult for a young Varisian woman, such as Trinity Vladu, to gain passage on a merchant vessel for a small amount of coin. The trip was pleasant and hadn’t taken long seeing the local winds where favorable for the direction the ship needed to sail.

Moments after docking, the ship lowered its boarding planks to allow its crew and passengers to disembark. A hand full of the ship’s crew where the first to run down the planks as they quickly gathered thick ropes and began to tether the small vessel to the dock. Next a young Varisian woman wearing a crimson cloak and black wide-brim hat carefully made her way down the planks and onto the dock. A breeze managed to catch the woman’s cloak, causing it to bellow out enough to catch a glimpse of metal plating under the garment.

After taking a moment to regain her senses, the young woman began looking around. (This place seems festive, I’ll give it that.) She thought as she adjusted her hat to compensate for the light breeze that commonly existed along the shores of Sandpoint, and then began making her way into the main part of the city. (The cathedral can’t be to fare off, this city isn’t that large after all.) She thought as she eyed a multitude of banners and displays along her path. After asking around a bit the young woman managed to find the location that inspired her voyage.

The new cathedral stood tall in the distance, revealing a monumental accomplishment of architecture. The local people seemed genuinely friendly as games and refreshments where offered at every corner. The free food was welcome after having spent most of the evening at sea. After enjoying a small amount of local hospitality, the young woman continued making her way slowly towards the cathedral.

Having made it just in time to enjoy the welcoming speech, the young woman found herself split between exploring the structure and listening to the reception.

She stood in contemplation only moments before witnessing a small debacle unfold over some overly dressed woman’s hat, which managed to be dispatched by a man who looked extremely out of place. (I wonder what brings someone like him to an event like this.) She mused as she continued to watch the event unfold. (Must be the free food and drink.) She concluded as she diverted her attention back to the introduction.

Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

(That must be Father Zantus) The young woman thought to herself as the welcoming introduction concluded.

The entertainment over the displaced hat seemed to have also run its course, leaving little to do but explore the grounds and enjoy the city's accomplishment.


| HP: 7/7 | AC 15* (T11, FF 14*) | CMB: +1 CMD: 12 | F:+1 R:+1 W:+3 | Init +1 | Perc +1, SM +1, Bluff +1, Diplomacy +6 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 1/2 | Bonded Object: 0/1 | Active Conditions: Mage Armour (1 hour)

As tempting as it is to roll that Intelligence check, my son insisted that's cheating. And I refuse to shatter a six year olds dreams of what's fair.

"Oh, Mr. Haladan... I feel this first one's harder than it seems..." Marissia muses aloud. "I visit the shop in the eastern market. His shop is untidy and his hair is shabby because he's so busy giving everyone else fine haircuts!"

"...Hmmm... You are... a secret! Yes?"

"Last one... Hmmm... Is it time, or one's birthday..." she wonders to herself. "I'll go with... a birthday! Am I right?"


Male NG Human Shoanti Fighter 1 | HP: 13/13 | AC: 20 (12 Tch, 18 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +0 [+1 vs Fear] | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: +0 (-2 vs nonShoanti) | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None.
Marissia Quink wrote:
"Tell me, Honani, what brings you to Sandpoint?"

"To see an old friend. Sadly, he is no longer here." Careful to speak, Honani elaborates no more.

Marissia Quink wrote:
"How was the journey?"

"The lands are harsh, but I am strong. To kill those that are weaker is the way of nature. If they do not want to be killed, they should be stronger. You are kind to ask me invasive, personal questions that I do not want to answer. I shall do the same to you as a way to show how I am becoming like the people of Sandport, and my thanks for your assistance during my period of shame. Do you spend all of your money on dresses and finery or are there more noble pursuits that you feel are beneficial? I did not think that fishing would be a hobby that one that dresses as you do would enjoy. Apparently there is much for me to learn. Again you have my thanks."

Sense Motive, DC 0:
Honani is being completely truthful, honest and sincere.


Male NG Human Shoanti Fighter 1 | HP: 13/13 | AC: 20 (12 Tch, 18 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +0 [+1 vs Fear] | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: +0 (-2 vs nonShoanti) | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None.

Red Barrow Run

Honani thinks back to the festival days of the Sklar-Quah. Games of athleticism were always taken the most seriously, and since he was a small child, Honani would always outperform others his age. He often competed with the much larger and faster warriors. After removing his armor, and entrusting it to his new friends, he begins to warm up. Touching his toes, jumping up and pulling his knees to his chest, Honani unknowingly make a spectacle of himself and his odd warm-ups. He glanced at his new companion Morgana with a modicum of fear. This person was an unknown, they seems physically fit, but once the pressure was on, would they be able to compete to his level?

The signal for the start of the race, and Honani was off like an arrow straight to a deer's heart. Remembering that he was working with another individual was difficult for the lone warrior, but he made sure they matched stride for stride. Unexpectedly, a fence appeared into their path. "Quickly, cup your hands together and lift me up!" the warrior shouted, hoping his companion heeded his direction.

Obstacle 1: Unexpected Fence. Boost and Hop Climb DC10: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9 Seriously, my first character roll and its a 1! I quit - not really but come on!

Clearing the fence, they tried to outpace the faster pack that was forming. He knew that if they settled towards the rear they would be jostled like the barrels on a cart. He also anticipated the extra energy it would cost them to weave through, or sprint around the mass of humanity. "Up, we need to go up! Let me help you." Placing both hands on his companions back, Honani gave a shove.

Obstacle 2: Cluttered Alleyway. Up and Over Acrobatics DC10, Aid: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 + 2 = 21 Now that's what I am talking about

Realizing that they needed to forge their own path, Honani looked for an alternate route. He began to wave his arms back and forth excitingly, hoping bystanders knew to get out of his way before he plowed them over.

Obstacle 3: Crowded Street. Out of my way! Overrun CMD 18, Aid: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 2 = 21

Finding themselves looking to the rooftops, Honani knew that if they could get up there, they would have a much easier time. Looking at the clay drainpipe, he leapt and grabbed on with both hands. His legs flashed out, pushing down while he tried to pull himself up faster and faster.

Obstacle 4: Steep rooftop. Easier than a dungeon wall! Climb DC 10, Aid: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 5 + 2 = 27

Ok, I could use an Aid on the Acrobatics for #5, and Strength for #6, you take #7 :)


| HP: 7/7 | AC 15* (T11, FF 14*) | CMB: +1 CMD: 12 | F:+1 R:+1 W:+3 | Init +1 | Perc +1, SM +1, Bluff +1, Diplomacy +6 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 1/2 | Bonded Object: 0/1 | Active Conditions: Mage Armour (1 hour)

@ Honani - Hahaha! Awesome!

Marissia looks a little worried that she might be getting on her new friends nerves.

"Oh, I see... Actually I spend most of my money on other pursuits. Potion ingredients, mostly, and supplies for the school. I work as a teacher at Turandarok Academy. That's a local school, where teachers, like myself, instruct the children of Sandpoint in various topics. I teach literacy, mathematics, history, basic wizardry and potion making. It's my hope that with the proper education, all of my students can get good, well paying jobs and lead successful lives. Turandarok is also an orphanage. Any children without homes or families live at the school in addition to attending classes. I donate a good deal of my salary to helping run the academy and providing necessities of life for the orphans."

Marissia smiles and laughs as she looks at her clothes. Dont be offended. He didn't mean insult. You look fine. "I have tried my hand at many activities, including fishing, but you are right, Honani, fishing is not among my greatest talents."

---

Marissia happily holds Honani's armour, and anything else he or Morgana would like her to while they race.

"Good luck, you two!" she calls out.

She cheers wildly during the entire race.


male Varisian Human |HP: 6/10| AC15 (T13, F12) | CMB+1(3), CMD14 | F+1, R+5, W+1 | Init+3 | Perc+4+, DD+9+, Bluff/Dip/SM+5, Knw(Local)+7 Unchained Rogue 1 | Speed 30' (20') | Sneak Attack+1d6; Trapfinding+1| Active conditions: None.

Waking with a start, as the bells ring crisp and bright, Gudada finds himself alone in his mother's shack, again. He takes the time to wash his face with the water he had set out the night before, then braces himself with a hand on either corner of the table. He leans there for a moment, crying. Another day dawns without you. One more dawn, and you should be able to start your final journey. Desna is restored to Sandpoint just in time to take you home.

Reaching into a small bag on the only table in the room, the young man retrieves a fine, black candle. He lights it from the stub in a candle holder on the back of the table, and replaces the stub with the new candle. Desna, find the beauty she had in her youth, and return her to it. Find the marvelous days on the road with her family, and show her how to continue living a life of exploration and wonder.

Calistria, help her see that outliving Djordji was a form of revenge. Help her realize that being happy and seeking the goodness and light in the world destroys everything he ever did to her, or us. Help her realize, now that she can move on and he is long dead, that there is no longer anyone to take revenge upon, and that she can return to the simple joys.

Cayden, do the things that Calistria probably won't. Help Nadya move on. Remind her of how to marvel at the things around her, how to find the beauty she always showed us.

He stands, looking down into the candle's flame for a while more, before moving to wash his face again. After breaking his fast on a stale heel of bread, some cheese, and the little remaining water in the pitcher, he moves to his trunk. Time to go to work. Gathering his fool's tools, he moves out onto the streets, looking for a likely place to earn a few coins.

The area by the cathedral would be best, of course, but there are too many food stands and the crowd is too thick to get a stage open. The market square it is, then! Gudada moves down the hill as quickly as the crowd allows, finding space on the harbor side to set up shop.

He puts the sack down, rolling the top down and open to provide access to the contents, spends a few seconds arranging the pieces, then he grabs five clubs and sets them out around him. As he places the clubs out, a smile spreads across his face. His game mask now on, he is ready to perform. He takes the scarf from his head and places it on the ground before him.

Gudada starts by putting three clubs into a standard watefall pattern before he starts the patter, leaving a club forward and to either side. "Good day, Sandpoint! Today, we welcome Desna back into this fair town. Why does that matter? Because it means today is a day of celebration like Sandpoint hasn't seen since before was born! What do we need on a day of celebration?" He waits two heartbeats for any responses from the passersby, getting a half-hearted "women" from one man. "Good man! That's not far from the truth to be sure, but we need to START with ALE! And in order for me to get any, I would appreciate you good folk putting some coin in my scarf, there, on the ground." As he says this, each club hesitates in his left hand as he uses it to point at his scarf before returning the club to the air.

The crowd seems somewhat unresponsive thus far. Not ignoring him, but not being drawn in, either. "So. You want to see more, do you? You want to see me risk injury, or even death, m I right?" As expected this line of banter always draws more people in, but it raises their expectations, too. "Well, I have to work up to that. Let's start with me getting these other two clubs, shall we?" As he talks, the three club watefall flowing smoothly, Gudada turns slightly to his right, kneels, spreads the three clubs out a might, and flips the fourth club up into the waterfall before returning to his feet. A mild smattering of applause indicates at least some of the crowd has become an audience. "That was still too easy, though, wasn't it? How about if I sit down this time?" He turns to the remaining club on the ground and, well, sits down, with a leg on either side of the club, while continuing the four club waterfall. He spreads them out slightly, and flips the fifth club into the waterfall. "There that was easy enough. Now what?" A child in the crowd yells out "Get up, silly!" Gudada provides the child an obviously fake double-take and then sighs heavily. "Okay. Fine, I'll get up." While maintaining the five club waterfall, he lifts his feet and rolls onto his back, then his shoulders and places his feet on the ground, juggling over his back, increasing the height of the club throws in preparation for the next step. "DUCK! he cries out as he uses his flexibility and practice to "simply" stand up and continue juggling.

Dice:
Sleight of Hand w/ tools: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

As soon as he approaches vertical, he realizes that he's pushing this too far this morning, that he is about to visibly fail, so he tosses each club away from the crowd. "Hey! Cayden! Give me those back! These good people want to see more!"


| HP: 7/7 | AC 15* (T11, FF 14*) | CMB: +1 CMD: 12 | F:+1 R:+1 W:+3 | Init +1 | Perc +1, SM +1, Bluff +1, Diplomacy +6 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 1/2 | Bonded Object: 0/1 | Active Conditions: Mage Armour (1 hour)

Nicely done!

When Marissia wanders past Gudada's juggling show--after racing but before riddles--she stops to watch. She claps at his performance and laughs at his jokes.

She worms her way to the front to drop a silver piece into his scarf with a nod and a smile.


Female Sandpoint combat Map

The afternoon is still very busy and you think that there is around half an hour until the warm sun begins to set and the prayers begin in the town square. After the first stumble, the Red Barrow Run contestants are starting to draw a very large crowd as the unlikely team of a Shoanti and a finely dressed woman in a wheelbarrow are now flying through the course in the fastest time anyone has seen leaving their other contestants very far behind. Young and old begin to cheer them on.

Marissia:
"That is mighty impressive young lady, I see that your father has taught you something useful after all. You have shown a very logical way of thinking. You are the first person to win this challenge of wits today, even though many have tried." He points towards a wooden display case filled with prizes and encourages you to take your pick.
1) A page of arcane spell knowledge (level 1)
2) A beautifully decorated holy text of Desna with detailed illustrations and a cover made of fine leather.
3) A small wooden box of 4 potions with a peeling label of Healing
4) A Traveller's Dictionary for Ancient Thassalonian. It is a very heavy tome and looks well rather dusty.

Red Barrow Run - Honani and Morgana:

Obstacle 1: Unexpected Fence. Takes 2 rounds to pass through. Total=2
Obstacle 2: Cluttered Alleyway. Total=3
Obstacle 3: Crowded Street. Total=4
Obstacle 4:Steep rooftop. Total=4 You more than doubled this one so you make up that missing round
Please do continue!

Gudada:
With the very tough crowd and even tougher competition at today's festival, that was a tiring performance. You get a round of applause at your last attempt and blaming Cayden came of seemlessly; the crowd laugh at your stumble. Some of the crowd toss coins towards your scarf and you receive a small collection to help you on your way. The audience move onto the next entertainer just beginning to set up and the small crowd clears.
Copper pieces: 1d10 ⇒ 8
silver pieces: 1d6 ⇒ 5


HP: -1/12 | AC: 17 (14 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +0 | Init: +4 | Perc: +4, Socials +7 | Speed 30ft | Longword: +6, d8+4, 19-20x2, S. | Shortbow +5, d6, x3, 70ft, P. | Challenge 1/1; Tactician 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

I have better chances with the intimidate and the know local on 6 and 7 so if I can have your aid there! Aid on the acrobatics since you're doing so well! :D

Round 5: Acrobatics Aid: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 Aid, +2 for Honani!
Round 6: Move that Cart!: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23 Pass! :)
Round 7: Short Cut?: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 Big pass - double the DC? :D

As Honani takes off Morgana has a mighty time trying to keep up. For all his clumsiness in the crowd the Shoanti man is marvellously strong and extremely agile - after the first hiccup he crushes the rest of the field, easily making up the ground they lost.

As the race enters the lower town, the crowds become thicker and the roads narrower, and Morgana see's her chance to contribute. As a cart lumbers to block the street Morgana's voice cracks out like a whip. "Hold that cart at once sir!" The commanding tone in her voice halts man and donkey together and the barrow scrapes through the gap.

As the last stretch opens up, with a final meandering sprint down the main-street Morgana has a sudden idea. "Honani, left!" The Shoanti whisks the pair into a narrow side street, almost precipitously steep but a straight run down the hill to the cathedral square and the finish line. Morgana cant help but let out a whoop of delight at the sheer speed as they race down the hill together.


Male NG Human Shoanti Fighter 1 | HP: 13/13 | AC: 20 (12 Tch, 18 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +0 [+1 vs Fear] | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: +0 (-2 vs nonShoanti) | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None.

Scrambling over the roof tiles, he knew that is was only seconds before he came to the end of the roof. Trying to time his steps so that he could leap across the alley chasm, he pushed down hoping the roof tile could hold the power of his planted foot, and they his power would carry him clear of the gap.

Obstacle 5: Mind the Gap. Leap Acrobatics, Aid DC 15: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 2 = 8 Doh!

Returning to the streets of Sandpoint, Honani could feel his labored breath burning his lungs. He was used to short sprints, but this race seemed to go on forever. Hoping that the finish was coming soon, he tightly rounded a corner only to see street vendor with a fully laden fruit cart. How can this get any worse? he thought to himself. Grabbing the tongue of the cart, the corded muscles of his quadriceps bulging, he lifted and pivoted the cart as far as he could. Hoping he moved it far enough, he waved his companion on, hoping to finish soon.

Obstacle 6: Fruit Cart. Oh Yeah You passed with flying colors

Feeling his energy level fall rapidly, he relies on hi companion to bring them to the finish line. Cutting sharply to the left, he hopes this is the path that takes them home.

Obstacle 7: Possible Short Cut. You passed with flying colors

Continuing to eat up the feet with each stride, Honani hopes they finished fast enough to bring them honor.

As they cross the finish line he doubles over, hands on knees, panting loudly. "That was tremendous fun. To run through all those people, yelling, and screaming, and pushing them down. I hope we did not hurt anyone, but they should not be on the course if they are not fit enough to challenge." A wide smile splits his face. He stands upright once again and looks at the woman standing next to him.

"You have earned great honor today, and helped me do the same. Though you spend too much money on unnecessary items, like your dress, you are a strong warrior. I am proud to say that you and I competed together. In my homeland, this is how warriors greet each other."

Without waiting for approval, Honani reaches out and grabs Morgana's forearm in a tight grip. "Now I say Morgana, may the sun shine on your days." and you say back to me "And let the moon set when your all your deeds have been sung.". Excellent! Now we are warrior friends. I cannot wait to hunt with you on the open plains, stalking prey, sleeping under the stars, trapping rodents to feast upon. It will be great fun."

Honani walks back up to Marissia. "Thank you for guarding my possessions. What is that you are looking at? Why is that man throwing clubs into the air? Are we hunting?" Honani draws his Shoanti bolas as he approaches the man, hoping the finely dressed woman follow. As he approaches the man, he studies him for possible signs of weakness. "You are deft at throwing clubs. What prey are you hunting?" the weighted balls of the bola hang at his side.


HP: -1/12 | AC: 17 (14 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +0 | Init: +4 | Perc: +4, Socials +7 | Speed 30ft | Longword: +6, d8+4, 19-20x2, S. | Shortbow +5, d6, x3, 70ft, P. | Challenge 1/1; Tactician 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

As they cross the finishing line in a blur of speed Morgana can't think of a time, recently at least, when she's been happier. Clambering out of the barrow she can't help herself but hug the big Shoanti when he straightens up, the grin to match her own stretched across his face.

"I would say that a man's mode of dress is the most important thing he can spend money on." She counters. "Far more people will consider your clothes than your weapons in the long run." None-the-less she accepts his compliment and returns his forearm clasp, although her grip does not match his for power.

"Then And let the moon set when your all your deeds have been sung Honani. I am honored to call you my friend. And perhaps you will let me show you some more of our fair town after the festival?"

After speaking to Gorvi about their performance, she joins Marissia and Honani both as they marvel at the juggler, relaxed, cheerful and fully in the festive mood.


Male NG Human Shoanti Fighter 1 | HP: 13/13 | AC: 20 (12 Tch, 18 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +0 [+1 vs Fear] | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: +0 (-2 vs nonShoanti) | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None.

Standing stiff as a board, Honani accepts the Morgana's embrace. "Again you honor me with your odd customs. Now that is concluded, we do not need to physically touch each other any more. " He scans the crowd for people taking an unusual interest in him and his new companions. Unfortunately, their odd group is garnering more than a few stares and a handful of open gawkers.

So much for keeping a low profile and leaving Sandpoint. he thinks to himself.

Honani spies the woman from the food line with his new friend, Marissia. As they walk over he addresses the newcomer, "Young woman with my new friend Marissia, what was that bowl of food that was served me at your friend's food stall? You seem to know the woman giving it out well and I want to know what it is called. When I return home I would like to tell the Sklar-Quah about all the ridiculous things I did and ate." Honani asks as his bola hangs by his side.


Female Sandpoint combat Map

Red Barrow Run:

Obstacle 5: Mind the Gap. Leap Acrobatics, Aid DC 15] Total =6 turns due to the slip

Obstacle 6: Fruit Cart. Total=7 turns

Obstacle 7: Possible Short Cut. Total=8 turns

As the unusual team of a tall Shoanti male and a brightly adorned Varisian woman cross the finish line red in the face with exhaustion, the crowd erupts into cheers and applause. Gorvi strides towards the pair and thrusts their arms into the air. "We have our victors! It was our last race of the day and they have beaten this year's best time with their swift running, ducking and tumbling. Three cheers for the victors!

Gorvi awards both the competitors with a special deep blue sash each with Winner emblazoned along it in gold and a large trophy engraved with "Red Barrow Run Speedster" as your special prize. He then gives you both 3 attempts at the Fishing Extravaganza each.
Each make 3 attempts. Each attempt is a perception check plus a d% roll.

Please do feel free to finish any roleplay threads in mini spoilers if you would like (eg Hunani's recent conversation, but I am moving the game from Prologue into Part 1!)

Finally, as the sun begins to set in the reddening sky, the crowd is beginning to gather in front of the towering new cathedral. The lights from inside the new cathedral shine brightly through the stained glass window of Desna which creates a cascade of colours shining over the crowd.

Marissia, Hunani and Morgana are chatting away about their successes and their prizes for the day standing close to the central stage ready for the last part of the festival. Hunani managing to keep up with the conversation fairly well after their antics of the day had given them something to share. Nearby Gudada is leaning against a stand towards the side of the crowd eyeing up any opportunities that might come to pass during the consecration.

In the middle of the crowd are two young solitary ladies who look very different in contrast awaiting the new consecration. One particular lady, Trinity, can be seen admiring the new cathedral, and especially the stained glass window that is creating the hue of colours in the square.

Father Zantus takes to the central podium and clears his throat as he prepares to recite the Prayer of First Dreaming, but no-one hears him through their excitement. He fumbles around in his pocket and pulls out a small stone which he throws to the floor.

A sharp retort, like the crack of distant thunder slices through the excited crowd as the sun's setting rays paint the western sky. A stray dog that has crawled under a nearby wagon to Gudada to sleep starts awake and the buzz of conversation dies down whilst Father Zantus beams.

He clears his throat again in the quiet, and suddenly a woman's screams slice through the air.

A few moments later, another scream rises, then another. Beyond them, a sudden surge of strange new voices rises - high pitched tittering shrieks that do not sound human. The crowd parts and something low to the ground races by Morgana, Honani and Merissia, another one racing passed Trinity and Tamiko. The small creatures are giggling with disturbed glee and the stray dog near Gudada gives a pained yelp and collapses to the floor, it throat cut open from ear to ear.

As blood pools around its head, the raucous sound of a strange song begins, chanted from chill scratchy voices from the fruit cart at the side of the square.

"Goblins chew and Goblins Bite.
Goblins Cut and Goblins Fight.
Stab the Dog and Cut the Horse,
Goblins eat and take by force!"

We are now in intitative
Party acts first. I am going to put a map that is editable by all at the top of this page, please do use and update your position for your turn.
Please just post and do not wait for your turn in the initiative order as we are going to do grouped initiatives to speed PbP combat up. I will then finalise each round in posting order and then take the Goblin's round.

Initiative rolls:

Morgana: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Gudada: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Honani: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Marissia: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Tamiko: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Trinity: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Goblin 1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Goblin 2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Goblin 3: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Party average: 11
Goblins average: 10.6

Enemies: 3 x Goblins at AC 16, HP 6


HP: -1/12 | AC: 17 (14 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +0 | Init: +4 | Perc: +4, Socials +7 | Speed 30ft | Longword: +6, d8+4, 19-20x2, S. | Shortbow +5, d6, x3, 70ft, P. | Challenge 1/1; Tactician 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

Fishing:

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 %: 1d100 ⇒ 72 = 82
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 %: 1d100 ⇒ 90 = 105
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 %: 1d100 ⇒ 57 =69

Wearing her new sash with pride, thankfully deep blue goes well with her outfit today, Morgana surrenders the cup to Honani and enjoys the rest of the afternoon. Standing near the front of the crowd with Marissia and Honani she had just bowed her head ready for the prayer when a scream broke the silence.

As crowd scatters Morgana reaches to her belt only to come up empty. Idiot! What use is a sword in your bedroom? Deprived of her main weapon Morgana pulls her gloves from her belt and slips them on, metal studs glinting over her knuckles as the goblins reveal themselves with their strange, scratchy song.

"Goblins! They're fast but their vision is not good! Strike from above or below!" Morgana calls out as she advances across the square, trying to put herself between the goblins and the crowd.

Activate Tactician ability to grant Precise Strike for 4 rounds. (Everyone is in range). Move as on map.
When you flank a goblin you deal an extra d6 of precision damage - this stacks with sneak attack (Gudada!)


Female Sandpoint combat Map

Morgana's Fishing:

1) Tangle foot bag
2) Mwk. grime covered weapon (common simple or common martial of your choice) Grime - 1 to dmg until cleaned by blacksmith.
3) Goblin cut out.


| HP: 7/7 | AC 15* (T11, FF 14*) | CMB: +1 CMD: 12 | F:+1 R:+1 W:+3 | Init +1 | Perc +1, SM +1, Bluff +1, Diplomacy +6 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 1/2 | Bonded Object: 0/1 | Active Conditions: Mage Armour (1 hour)

At the exciting race, Marissia is hoarse from cheering so much. "Oh that was marvellous you two! Spectacular! Well done!" For Honani she adds: "You have brought great honour on yourselves!"

---

"The man is a performer, Honani. He is juggling." she thinks for a moment. "Acts of prowess to entertain the crowd."

---

"Why thank you, Mr. Haladan!" Marissia replies. When she sees the prizes up for offer she gasps. "Oh, you are too generous, sir!"

Inara:
Oooh! Really tempted to go with the page of spell knowledge, but for the sake of low-level survivability I'm going to go with the four potions labelled healing. What are they?

---

@ Honani interrogating Tamiko about food - Ahahahaha! Awesome!

---

COMBAT

Marissia jumps at the sound of the thunder stone, then smiles, placing a hand over her heart. She smiles as she watches Father Zantus--and then the screams come. Looking around in worry, Marissia tries to spot the disturbance. When she notices goblins are the cause she concentrates and mutters some arcane words, casting mage armour on herself.

"Goblins!" she warns everyone. "Get back!"

She spends her move action trying to quickly get people to back up, out of the way, safely.
Diplomacy on the crowd: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7


Male NG Human Shoanti Fighter 1 | HP: 13/13 | AC: 20 (12 Tch, 18 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +0 [+1 vs Fear] | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: +0 (-2 vs nonShoanti) | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None.

Completely unexcited about the sash and trophy, he waves the trophy back to the woman. "No you keep pretty clothes and shiny statue of running man. But thank you for offering me items that have no value."

Fishing:
Perception #1: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16 %: 1d100 ⇒ 76
Perception #2: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11 %: 1d100 ⇒ 45
Perception #3: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14 %: 1d100 ⇒ 4

As the Shoanti makes his way with the others to the front of the cathedral, Honani is stunned at the height and majesty of this place of worship. Though he knew that many here in Sandpoint offer homage to Desna like he did, he felt that their religious expression was as different from his as a snake is from a wolf. Regardless, he stands stoically thinking of all the blessing Desna has given him in his short life. As his thoughts wander, he is quickly pulled back to the here and now as the goblins scamper into the crowd. He pulls his klar and glaive-guisarme from their resting place. Bracing his long pole arm against the lip of his klar, he shouts, "Behind me weak city-peoples. I will show you how the Shoanti kill the evils of this world."

Advancing with the tip of his glaive-guisarme extended over his klar, he peers over the lip to find the nearest goblin. He thrusts hoping to impale the small green goblin.

glaive-guisarme: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
glaive-guisarme damage: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Move 15 feet, draw weapons included in move action; Standard attack goblin marked on map; note I have Combat Reflexes and threaten 10' with Reach.


Human (Varisian) Female HP 7/12 | AC 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +8 | Diplo +6 or (+2), Bluff +0, Intim +1 | Knowledge Arc +5, Loc +6, Rel +5 | Speed 20 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Longsword +3 (1d8+3/19-20) | Morningstar +3 (1d8+3) | Dagger +3 (1d4+3/19-20) | Lt. Crossbow +3 (1d8/19-20)

Trinity noted that the craftsmanship of the cathedral’s stained glass was uneak in a number of ways. She observed how one pain of color slowly blended into the next and then butted up against a sharp contrasting color which caused some images to standout and take on a life of their own. (This workmanship would be considered top of the line even in Magnimar,) she thought while enjoying the bright colors of the morning sun making its way through the window.

Interrupted by the screams of the locals, Trinity's focus quickly changed. (Goblins? Within the city? This could get bloody if not dealt with.) Making note that the large outsider seemed to have things under control with the few goblins that had emerged to the left, she decided to make her way quickly to right. (It looks like the overdressed woman, who lost her hat earlier, is about to have a goblin in her face.)

(Move/Standard action) Double move.


Female Human (Tian-Min) [ HP: 9/9 | AC: 17 (13 TAC, 14 FFAC) | CMB: +1, CMD: 15 | Fort: +3, Ref: +3, Will: +3 | Init: +3 | Perception +0, Knowledge (Arcana) +4, Knowledge (Local) +5, UMD +7 ] Eldritch Scion (Magus) 1 [ Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 1/2 | Eldritch Pool: 4/4 | Destined Strike (+1 insight on attack roll): 3/3 | Wakizashi +3/1d6+1 P or S | Active conditions: none ]

Wait, were Tamiko and Marissia ever together? Eh, whatever, timeline's fluid anyways!

Tamiko is heading off towards the cathedral when she once again spots Marissia cheering on her companions - one of which she now recognizes as Morgana, dressed splendidly as always. She watches with bated breath as she and the Shoanti man barrel towards the finish line and cheers with the crowd as they cross it. She adds her congratulations to Marissia's, then when the big man asks her about food, she can't help but laugh a little.

"That was curry salmon! My si...my friend Ameiko's specialty. The recipe comes all the way from Tian Xia, on the other side of the world". Tamiko excitedly waves her hand vaguely towards what she thinks is east, though she really has no idea. "It's the town's favorite food, for sure!"

------

In the middle of the crowd, Tamiko marvels at the new cathedral - it's much different from that old chapel she used to call home. She tears her eyes away from the brilliant colors of the stained glass as silence falls, directing her attention to Zantus...until she hears the screams.

Panicking for a moment, Tamiko briefly considers fleeing as she spots a goblin pass by, but she calms down as her hand flies to the blade at her side. Glancing down as she draws it, she mutters solemnly, "Forgive me, mother. I had hoped I would never have to use this". Blade in hand, she advances on the goblins, heading towards Marissia and Morgana.

Move action to draw one wakizashi; move action to, well, move. Done on map.


male Varisian Human |HP: 6/10| AC15 (T13, F12) | CMB+1(3), CMD14 | F+1, R+5, W+1 | Init+3 | Perc+4+, DD+9+, Bluff/Dip/SM+5, Knw(Local)+7 Unchained Rogue 1 | Speed 30' (20') | Sneak Attack+1d6; Trapfinding+1| Active conditions: None.

As he collects the slightly scattered clubs, the Varisian turns to the Shoanti man and chuckles. He replies in Shoanti.

Shoanti:
"I hunt those who have too much and convince them to give it to me." Pointing at the nearly empty scarf "This has been a poor hunt, but it usually is when the hunter fails to strike true."

-----------

Goblins? Whe . . .. "Oh." Regretting only having his entertaining equipment with him, Gudada pulls one of the clubs out of his bag so that he has something to use as a weapon. A full-round action, sadly.

"Take care! They will kill anyone they can quick enough!"


Female Sandpoint combat Map

Marissia:
4 Cure light wounds potions!

Honani:
Garvi looks affronted at your lack of excitement at the trophy and the sash but doesn't say anything. When Morgana insists that you go to take your fishing prizes, you manage to fish out a Potion of cure light wounds and you lose interest pretty quickly so only fish out two more Goblin cut-outs. Gorvi looks rather smug at this attempt.

Marissia starts trying to calmly, yet authoritatively, command the crowd, however her attempts seem to be fruitless as people scatter all over the square, pushing through each other to run past. You can hear some people shouting for their loved ones trying to find them whilst fleeing.

None of the crowd therefore listen to Honani's command to get behind him, as all wildly scatter the vicinity and there are only six figures left standing with the Goblins. Honani, moving into range of a Goblin matches up to his words and shows his prowess by expertly thrusting at the central critter and it falls backwards, sliding lifeless across the floor.

The Goblins don't seem to flinch at their companion's plight; whether they noticed or not is a different question as they sing and dance with glee.

They are still chanting their song, but you can also hear other voices in the distance also chanting, slightly out of time with each other.

"Goblins race and Goblins jump,
Goblins slash and Goblins bump.
Burn the skin and mash the head,
Goblins here and you be dead!"

One Goblin rushes forward towards the brightly dressed man with an interesting object with a sparkle in it's eye staring at the club. It's short sword glints in the light as it hacks at Gudada's thighs.

Goblin attacking Gudada: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17 hits
damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3 Gudada takes 3 damage

The other Goblin cackles with joy and slashes wildly at Trinity's legs but is not precise enough and Trinity easily dodges.
Goblin attacking Trinity: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 Misses.

Party Up!

The red ring is the area which is free from any civilians as they make way to escape. However the area outside this ring is full of fleeing people, and people trying to find their loved ones.


Male NG Human Shoanti Fighter 1 | HP: 13/13 | AC: 20 (12 Tch, 18 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +0 [+1 vs Fear] | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: +0 (-2 vs nonShoanti) | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None.

Unsurprised that many did not heed his cry, Honani quickly springs into action after downing the first goblin. Adjusting his position so that is directly opposite the goblin that struck Gudada, the city dweller that spoke to him in the Shoanti language, Honani again tries to quickly kill another. His glaive-guisarme slides over his shield as he crouches down behind his klar.

glaive-guisarme, flank: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 2 = 14
glaive-guisarme damage: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Precision Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

"Hold tight, Gudada. These green menaces are no match for me."

Move 10 feet; Standard attack goblin; note I have Combat Reflexes and threaten 10' with Reach.


male Varisian Human |HP: 6/10| AC15 (T13, F12) | CMB+1(3), CMD14 | F+1, R+5, W+1 | Init+3 | Perc+4+, DD+9+, Bluff/Dip/SM+5, Knw(Local)+7 Unchained Rogue 1 | Speed 30' (20') | Sneak Attack+1d6; Trapfinding+1| Active conditions: None.

The smile is long gone from the young Varisian's face, a grim determination and focus displayed instead.

Goblin:
"This shiny is going to be more than you wanted."

Gudada takes the juggling club and gets a couple fo solid rotations going, building up some momentum, before he tries to take it across the goblin's face.

Despite the club name, far more an improvised weapon than a club, sadly.

Improvised light weapon w/ Flank: 1d20 + 3 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 - 4 + 2 = 3

And the goblin easily avoids the club, hardly needing to duck to remain under the swing.

This is going to hurt, I think. As 'Dada is outfit to entertain, he is only an AC13 right now.


| HP: 7/7 | AC 15* (T11, FF 14*) | CMB: +1 CMD: 12 | F:+1 R:+1 W:+3 | Init +1 | Perc +1, SM +1, Bluff +1, Diplomacy +6 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 1/2 | Bonded Object: 0/1 | Active Conditions: Mage Armour (1 hour)

Marissia circles around Morgana, Tamiko and Trinity, trying to get a good view of the goblin.

"Friazo!" she exclaims, performing a few intricate hand gestures and thrusting her arm forward at the goblin.

Casting ray of frost.

Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20 ranged touch
Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3 cold


Human (Varisian) Female HP 7/12 | AC 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +8 | Diplo +6 or (+2), Bluff +0, Intim +1 | Knowledge Arc +5, Loc +6, Rel +5 | Speed 20 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Longsword +3 (1d8+3/19-20) | Morningstar +3 (1d8+3) | Dagger +3 (1d4+3/19-20) | Lt. Crossbow +3 (1d8/19-20)

Having bolted quickly into combat, Trinity tries to catch her breath while drawing a longsword from its scabbard. After freeing the weapon, she quickly reverses its momentum and brings the blade into a back handed swing.

(Move action) Draw longsword, (Standard action) Attack goblin.

(Attack) Longsword vs. Goblin: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
(Damage) Longsword vs. Goblin: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Female Human (Tian-Min) [ HP: 9/9 | AC: 17 (13 TAC, 14 FFAC) | CMB: +1, CMD: 15 | Fort: +3, Ref: +3, Will: +3 | Init: +3 | Perception +0, Knowledge (Arcana) +4, Knowledge (Local) +5, UMD +7 ] Eldritch Scion (Magus) 1 [ Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 1/2 | Eldritch Pool: 4/4 | Destined Strike (+1 insight on attack roll): 3/3 | Wakizashi +3/1d6+1 P or S | Active conditions: none ]

Continuing her advance on the noisy green interlopers, Tamiko steps around a woman swinging a longsword and slashes awkwardly at the goblin - for all her training, it is her first live combat, and she's not used to a target this small.

Move action: step behind (to the east) of Trinity to get to the square just east of the eastern-most goblin. Should be 30 ft.
Standard action: attack said goblin!

attack roll (wakizashi): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23, threaten on 21-23
damage roll (wakizashi): 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
critical confirmation (wakizashi): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
critical damage if confirmed (wakizashi): 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

I'm going to say that Tamiko isn't wearing her armor either, not having had a reason to do so, so her AC is 13 for now.


HP: -1/12 | AC: 17 (14 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +0 | Init: +4 | Perc: +4, Socials +7 | Speed 30ft | Longword: +6, d8+4, 19-20x2, S. | Shortbow +5, d6, x3, 70ft, P. | Challenge 1/1; Tactician 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

Morgana strides across the square to assist the juggler and lashes out with one gauntlet-ed fist, catching sight of Honani doing the same out of the corner of her eye. "Don't worry Sir Juggler, we have this!"

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24 Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3

The punch catches the goblin square in the face!


Female Sandpoint combat Map

Honani's glaive passes right over the head of the overjoyed goblin, not taking into account the height of this small creature. Gudada's club also passes right over its head also and the goblin cackles with glee. Morgana on the other hand punches the Goblin square in the face interrupting its cackle.

Looking affronted with a bloody nose, the Goblin turns to Morgana and stabs her with the pointy end of its miniature short sword.
attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Through it's currently distorted view of the world it thrusts its short sword precisely - through the gap between her legs.

A cold ray of magic shoots from Marissia between Trinity and Tamiko, towards the Goblin, striking true as its extremities turn a tinge of blue and purple. Unfortunately Trinity's attacks do not hit in the chaos of the town square.

This goblin mimicks it's friend and tries to stab with its short sword at Tamiko.
Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 But manages to miss as it is moving slightly slower from it was bathed in frost.

Goblin's HP/AC:

Goblin with Gudada, Honani and Morgana - 3HP. AC 16.
Goblin with Trinity, Tamiko and Marissia - 3HP. AC 16.

These two Goblins have finished singing, but from within the rushing crowd in the distance, you can hear faint high pitched singing, barely in time:
"Chase the baby, catch the pup,
Bonk the head to shut it up.
Bones be cracked, flesh be stewed,
We be Goblins! You be Food!"

Party Up!


| HP: 7/7 | AC 15* (T11, FF 14*) | CMB: +1 CMD: 12 | F:+1 R:+1 W:+3 | Init +1 | Perc +1, SM +1, Bluff +1, Diplomacy +6 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 1/2 | Bonded Object: 0/1 | Active Conditions: Mage Armour (1 hour)

Marisa circles around the others again until she has a clear shot at the goblin.

"Friazo!" she exclaims, performing a few intricate hand gestures and thrusting her arm forward at the goblin a second time, careful not to strike the other civilians.

Casting ray of frost

Attack: 1d20 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 1 - 4 = 17 ranged touch. -4 included for firing into melee.
Potential critical!
Confirming Critical: 1d20 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 1 - 4 = 3 ranged touch. Yup, guessing she doesn't confirm on that one...
Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 1 cold


HP: -1/12 | AC: 17 (14 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +0 | Init: +4 | Perc: +4, Socials +7 | Speed 30ft | Longword: +6, d8+4, 19-20x2, S. | Shortbow +5, d6, x3, 70ft, P. | Challenge 1/1; Tactician 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

Morgana circles the goblin in order to flank it with Gudada, not realising that she blocks Honani in the process. Taking advantage of the goblins incompetence with its sword, she punches it again, bringing her fist down on its head with a decisive *thump*.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 Damage: 1d4 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + (4) = 7


Male NG Human Shoanti Fighter 1 | HP: 13/13 | AC: 20 (12 Tch, 18 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +0 [+1 vs Fear] | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: +0 (-2 vs nonShoanti) | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None.

Confused that the lady in the pretty clothes has stepped in front of his glaive-guisarme thrust, shouts at her, "Get out of the way! I would hate to rip your pretty dress as I kill.". Before he can skewer the goblin, he sees her strike out with her fist.

If Mograna has killed the goblin, he will five-foot step to the north-east and attack the red goblin. If Morgana has not killed the goblin, he will five-foot step to the south-east and attack the blue goblin.

Praying to Desna that he does not look foolish once again in front of his new friends, he summons all his strength to thrust with his polearm while keeping his klar close to his body in case of attack from these green singing monstrosities.

glaive-guisarme: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16 Add +2 for an attack on the blue goblin from flanking
glaive-guisarme damage: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Precision Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4 Only on the blue goblin

Hearning the song continuing somewhere else, the hunter in Honani is roused. "Many more goblins will feel the last caress of Honani's steel."

Move 5-foot step; Standard attack goblin; note I have Combat Reflexes and threaten 10' with Reach.


Human (Varisian) Female HP 7/12 | AC 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +8 | Diplo +6 or (+2), Bluff +0, Intim +1 | Knowledge Arc +5, Loc +6, Rel +5 | Speed 20 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Longsword +3 (1d8+3/19-20) | Morningstar +3 (1d8+3) | Dagger +3 (1d4+3/19-20) | Lt. Crossbow +3 (1d8/19-20)

After recovering from her failed backhanded swing, Trinity brings her blade into an arch, diverting its momentum back towards the goblins midsection.

(Move action) Study target on the goblin in front of her, (Standard action) Attack the goblin.

(Attack) Longsword vs. Goblin: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 3 + 1 = 18
(Damage) Longsword vs. Goblin: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 1 = 8


Female Sandpoint combat Map

As soon as Trinity swipes her blade into an eerily graceful arch, the last goblin in your immediate area falls.
Off initiative.

For a split second you realise there is no imminent danger to your lives and there is a clear area which people have avoided with the dangerous fighting taking place.

You notice that this victory has not helped calm the crowd around you as there are people racing everywhere between the different stalls and on the side streets; from the sounds emanating around, this is a town wide problem. The square is gradually emptying with many people having fled from the centre of town.

As you look around, you see 5 other people who fought alongside you (the other players) breathing deeply, eyes wide with adrenaline.

You have a short time to gather yourselves and see what is around. Gudada, please update your current HP to 7/10 after the damage you took in round 1.

1 to 50 of 210 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Inara14's Rise of the Runelords. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.