Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Rise of the Runelords

Game Master Bpa144

An ancient evil is awakening, and they have their sights set on the cozy town of Sandpoint. Will Sandpoint's new group of heroes be able to stand against this evil or will the be overwhelmed?


101 to 150 of 362 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

Female Half-Orc (Ulfen) Bloodrager 1 | HP 10/14 | AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 | CMD 17 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +3 | Intiative +2, Perception +6, darkvision 60 feet | Bloodrage 6/6

Attack of Opportunity 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Damage of Opportunity 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Prophet's opportunistic strike flies wide of the goblin, but he quickly recovers, swinging the stick back around to strike the creature, muttering a prayer to Pharasma once again.

Attack 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Male Half-Orc Druid 1 (HP 10/10, Init +2, AC 16, touch 12, flat-footed 14, Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +4)

Emil's AoO: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Longsword Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


With the Prophet's strike the goblin falls. As Jiessi is looking for her aunt she sees that most of the people in the crowd have been lead into the church with Father Zantus and a few others leading the crowd there. By the time the Prophet was ableto stike down the last goblin, the entire crowd have either entered the church or are still running around the town.

The town is currently in chaos. There are goblins everywhere. Some goblins are chasing people and animals with torches, jumping off buildings to try and jump on people, though they always seem to miss and instead jump to their deaths. One goblin is even running around on fire.

When he sees that your group has finished the goblins who attacked, Father Zantus will come up to your group and ask "You are all amazing, thank you for helping protect the crowed. Doo any of you need any healing?"


Male Half-Orc Druid 1 (HP 10/10, Init +2, AC 16, touch 12, flat-footed 14, Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +4)

Emil shakes his head. "Father Zantus, please, do what you can to get everyone into the church. I'll stay here and guard it with my life. That way we can protect as many innocent people as possible. You guys!" he calls to the mysterious strangers who helped him. "Do you think you can go and put an end to the chaos in the streets? I'll keep everyone safe, along with Ratatosk."

The snake stops eating when it hears its name and slithers over to Emil, coiling around his ankles in a defensive position. The half-orc positions himself directly in front of the church with his eyes peeled, watching from all sides.


F Aasimar Medium Outsider (Native) Cleric 1, HP 4/9, Int 0, AC 14, T 10, FF 14 , F +3, R +0, W +6, P +6

So this is not a small band of 3 or 4 entering the town but its rather large. Are the goblins actually causing any injury to the people or are they raiding for food?


Female Half-Orc (Ulfen) Bloodrager 1 | HP 10/14 | AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 | CMD 17 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +3 | Intiative +2, Perception +6, darkvision 60 feet | Bloodrage 6/6

Prophet walks forward to Zantus, bowing in respect for another man of the cloth. "I took a few hits in that fight, Father," the dhampir intones. "Lady Pharasma has blessed me greatly, but not with the power to heal. If you would kindly cure me, I might better serve to defend this town's people, warding your pack." Prophet speaks softly, his voice a hoarse whisper, and his fists clenching and releasing.


HP 9, Init +6, AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10, Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +2

Jito takes up a position at the bottom of the stairs as Father Zantus appears. There is much chaos in the streets these days.

What are these goblins here for? he wonders to himself.

Bala stands up tall on Jito's shoulder ever alert of approaching enemies.

Bala Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14


Yes, there are many goblinms running through out the streets they seem to have all decided to attack at once. They seem to be causeing more trouble than looking for food.

"Very well. Father Zantus cast sure light wounds on the Prophet.
CLW: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 DC14 will save for half damage since you are a Dhampir
How ever it seems to have the opposite effect on The prophet then what Father Zantus expected.


F Aasimar Medium Outsider (Native) Cleric 1, HP 4/9, Int 0, AC 14, T 10, FF 14 , F +3, R +0, W +6, P +6

I didn't realize there were more goblins than the few we fought.

Jiessi will take an defensive postion protecting the people of Sandpoint. If any goblins get within range she will throw her starknife.

starknfie: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 191d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Female Half-Orc (Ulfen) Bloodrager 1 | HP 10/14 | AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 | CMD 17 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +3 | Intiative +2, Perception +6, darkvision 60 feet | Bloodrage 6/6

Will Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Prophet's eyes widen in pain and he lets out a scream of pain as burning light shoots through his body. A smoking handprint on his body where Father Zantus touched him, the dhampir falls to the ground, unconscious. His last thought is a question of why healing has failed him.

Stabilization check when/if that matters: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (16) - 4 = 12


Father Zantus seems shocked at the negative reaction his magic had on the Prophet. "I don't understand, he reacted to the magic like he was one of the walking dead. I don't see how that could be unless he was an undead...unless he was one of those cursed with the blood of the undead in his veins. If so I will need to give him my healing potions."


F Aasimar Medium Outsider (Native) Cleric 1, HP 4/9, Int 0, AC 14, T 10, FF 14 , F +3, R +0, W +6, P +6

Jiessi turns around and sees the Prophet laying on the ground and the Father Zantus standing over him. "Undead blood in his veins? She says a prayer to Desna. "He did come to the town's aid provide him potion Father."


"Yes, yes. I have some with me here." Father Zantus will pull a few small vials from his robes, and as he does so a cart burst into flames, with several goblins nearby. Emil will run into the church to help protect those inside.

Initative:

Jiessi: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16
Father Zantus: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13
The Prophet: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Jito: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
James: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Goblins: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Initative:
Goblins
The Prophet
Jiessi
James
Father Zantus
Jito
Place where you have all moved to if you had on the map

Grand Lodge

Male Sylph Chirurgeon Alchemist 1

Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Akaash shows up near the group, and the man pulls out a vial, mixes it with another vial, and lobs the mixture, the wind seemingly blowing it into the goblins

Bomb Attack vs. Touch: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Anyone within 5 feet takes 5 fire damage, but everyone gets a DC 15 reflex save for half


F Aasimar Medium Outsider (Native) Cleric 1, HP 4/9, Int 0, AC 14, T 10, FF 14 , F +3, R +0, W +6, P +6

Jasmine is within 10 feet of Father Zantus and the prophet.

I better not try to heal the fallen Dhampir, it could kill him."


HP 9, Init +6, AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10, Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +2

Jito will remain in J35

Jito notices the shadowy figure drop as the good Father tries to heal him. Understanding the finer aspects of positive energy leads him to believe the now unconscious ally is not altogether alive.

A new batch of goblins appear and start to close in. Jito prepares to daze the nearest one.

Cast Daze on whichever goblin is within 30' and most threatening -DC14 will


Female Half-Orc (Ulfen) Bloodrager 1 | HP 10/14 | AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 | CMD 17 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +3 | Intiative +2, Perception +6, darkvision 60 feet | Bloodrage 6/6

Being still unconscious, there isn't much Prophet can do other than wonder in his blackout why this has happened to him.

The stabilization check I made earlier stands, presumably, so Prophet isn't bleeding out, at least.


The Goblins Move in with torches, two move up to Jiessi, while a thrid moves to James.
The two who moved to Jiessi attack her with their torches.
Attack1: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15
attack2: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6

One of the Goblins is able to burn Jiessi
Damage: 1d2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 plus another point of fire damage.

The last goblin stays near the cart and continues singing.

Here is the MAP


HP 9, Init +6, AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10, Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +2
Vrajitoare "Jito" Diavol wrote:

Jito will remain in J35

Cast Daze on whichever goblin is within 30' and most threatening -DC14 will

Now seeing the map can I amend my round 1 action with a move? I'd like to cast Daze on M31. Then I would like to move to P34 and do a nature check on the singing goblin.

KN Nature: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11


F Aasimar Medium Outsider (Native) Cleric 1, HP 4/9, Int 0, AC 14, T 10, FF 14 , F +3, R +0, W +6, P +6

RD2 Action:

Jiessi will try to slice the goblin in M28,

Dagger: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 61d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Her hand stinging from the flame, she is is unable to wield the dagger effectively.


Male Human Fighter (Two-Handed) 1, Init +1, AC 15, FF 14, T 11, Fort +5, Ref +1, Will +3

James stays quiet through the discussion of magic and undead, having little to add to the conversation he hardly understands, though he's rapidly losing patience in making sure his family is alright. "Perhaps we shoul-" The big man begins before being interrupted by the new arrivals. Damnit! He thinks, hefting his hammer at the one near him.

Attack:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Damage:2d6 + 7 ⇒ (2, 2) + 7 = 11

Grand Lodge

Male Sylph Chirurgeon Alchemist 1

Akaash moves to I32 and throws a bomb at I27, hitting the goblin for 5 damage, reflex DC 15 for half

Grand Lodge

Male Sylph Chirurgeon Alchemist 1

Akaash moves to I32 and throws a bomb at I27, Bomb vs. Touch AC: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13 hitting the goblin for 6 splash damage, reflex DC 15 for half


Rd1 recap:
Goblins: Three of the goblins run up and attack, one of them burning Jiessi. Though Jiessi takes her prepared starknife and trows it an dhit's one of the incoming goblins. The last goblin just signs. Can anyone understand goblin?

The Prophet: Stabilizes.

Jiessi: Tries to stab one of the goblins wiht her dagger, but misses.

James: Brings his hammer down on th egoblin next to him, leavign a big mess.

Father Zantus: Pours a potion of CLW down the Prophet's throat
CLW: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Jito: Jito uses his magic to try and disable a goblin
Will: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0
The goblin seems to not be all there at the moment.
Jito then moves, and can tell that the last goblin is in fact a goblin.

Akaask: Redo your turn since that goblin is dead.

Rd2 MAP minus Akaask's move

Rd2:
Goblins
The Prophet
Jiessi
James
Father Zantus
Jito
Akaask


F Aasimar Medium Outsider (Native) Cleric 1, HP 4/9, Int 0, AC 14, T 10, FF 14 , F +3, R +0, W +6, P +6

RD 2:

Jiessi glares a the goblin in M28 and quickly jabs her dagger at him again:

Dagger: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 61d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Blasted dice roller.


The goblin infront of Jiessi seeing its freind killed has a sudden look of fear and realiization come across it's face. It then drops its torch and pulles out its dogslicer and attack Jiessi again.
Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
It misses so terribly that its sword breaks.Adjustment to the fumble rule, if your weapon has an already built in downside to rolling a 1, you can ignore the house rule. I meant to put this in, but forgot.

The signing Goblin's moves up to o30 and then her music seems to change for a second and she starts a little dance. James should give me a dc12 will save

The last goblin does nothing.


HP 9, Init +6, AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10, Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +2

If it's still alive when my turn comes... Jito moves to S31 and attacks the goblin in O30

Jito notices the singing goblin moves up and begins a dance. It's all so strange but it appears as if it's doing some sort of magical performance.

OK you little bastard. You want to sing? Let's sing.

Jito whispers a few words towards the back of the dancing goblin. He clinches his fists and doubles over with his mouth wide open and it appears as if he is yelling but there is no sound. That is unless you are that particular goblin.

Cast Ear Piercing Scream: DC15 to negate daze and 1/2 damage 1d6 ⇒ 2

Grand Lodge

Male Sylph Chirurgeon Alchemist 1

Akaash speeds up to the group, double moving to K31, then throws bomb in round 2 at N31 for 6 fire damage, reflex DC 15 for half


Female Half-Orc (Ulfen) Bloodrager 1 | HP 10/14 | AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 | CMD 17 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +3 | Intiative +2, Perception +6, darkvision 60 feet | Bloodrage 6/6

I'm going to assume the potion of CLW heals Prophet despite the positive energy of the spell. Because otherwise, he'd be dead even with the Will save. Ugh, dhampir...

Prophet comes to, feeling a sensation of liquid trickling down his throat. It also burns, but it's the burning of the sun or a fire on a cold day-- very similar to the pain he felt before falling, but different nonetheless. As he comes to and leaps to his feet (Move Action), the dhampir realizes that even the small wounds from his fight with the goblins have closed and disappeared.

Prophet nods to Father Zantus, then draws a dagger (2nd Move), preparing to throw it since his hanbo is still on the ground.


Yes, I'm going to have potions of CLWs work on you, but that will be about it unless it is negative energy.


F Aasimar Medium Outsider (Native) Cleric 1, HP 4/9, Int 0, AC 14, T 10, FF 14 , F +3, R +0, W +6, P +6
Bpa144 wrote:
Yes, I'm going to have potions of CLWs work on you, but that will be about it unless it is negative energy.

That is why I did not cast a cure spell on him, didn't want to kill him.


Female Half-Orc (Ulfen) Bloodrager 1 | HP 10/14 | AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 | CMD 17 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +3 | Intiative +2, Perception +6, darkvision 60 feet | Bloodrage 6/6

Well in any case, I'm playing Prophet as a dhampir who doesn't know he's a dhampir-- he just thinks he's been blessed by Pharasma, the better to carry out her work. Thus, the surprise and lack of understanding about why the cure spell hurt him.


Male Human Fighter (Two-Handed) 1, Init +1, AC 15, FF 14, T 11, Fort +5, Ref +1, Will +3

Will Save:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

James shakes off whatever compulsion the creature was trying to place on him with a grin. "Gotta try harder than that you ugly bugger." He says as he steps forward and makes a massive sidearm swing.

Attack:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Rd2 recap:
Goblins: The sign goblin tries to cast a spell on James, but he is able to shake it off. One of the other goblins tries ot attack Jiessi but ends up breaking his dogslicer. The last goblin is in a daze.

The Prophet: Jumps back to life thanks to Father Zantus' potion.

Jiessi: Tries fruitlessly to hit the goblin again.

James: Steps forward and tries to take out a goblin, but misses.

Father Zantus: Will back away from the fight.

Jito: Cast a spell of his own on the signing goblin
will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
And while she looks unhappy, she continues signing.

Akaask: Trows a bomb at the ground, trying to get two of the goblins in the splash.
Reflexn: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
reflexb: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Though both goblins aren't able to get any cover.

Rd3 MAP

Rd3
Goblins
The Prophet
Jiessi
James
Father Zantus
Jito
Akaask


The signing Goblin does her dance and change in song again.
Another will save James
The Goblin with the broken Dogslicer will attack the Human who just tried to attack him.
Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
And misses.
The other wakes from it's daze and attacks Jiessi again with it's dogslicer.
Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


F Aasimar Medium Outsider (Native) Cleric 1, HP 4/9, Int 0, AC 14, T 10, FF 14 , F +3, R +0, W +6, P +6

RD 3:

Jiessi groans as the dogslicer strikes her.

She returns the favor with her dagger against the goblin with the filthy weapon.

Dagger: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 181d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

I assume this dogslicer has not achieved the broken condition yet?


Female Half-Orc (Ulfen) Bloodrager 1 | HP 10/14 | AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 | CMD 17 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +3 | Intiative +2, Perception +6, darkvision 60 feet | Bloodrage 6/6

Prophet takes note of everything going on in an instant. Wanting to strike the nearest goblin, but fearing his dagger may strike one of his allies instead, the dhampir sidesteps the fray to get a clearer shot at the lone goblin, singing and dancing (move action to M33).

Once sufficiently clear, he flicks the dagger at the goblin with the snap of one wrist, hoping to hit it despite the range of his attack (standard action).

Thrown Dagger: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Male Human Fighter (Two-Handed) 1, Init +1, AC 15, FF 14, T 11, Fort +5, Ref +1, Will +3

Will Save:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

James throws off the compulsion of the little goblin once more. "Get out of my head!" He snarls with a swing of the hammer once more at the little spellcasting problem.

Attack:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Damage:2d6 + 7 ⇒ (4, 5) + 7 = 16


HP 9, Init +6, AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10, Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +2

Jito can't believe he missed and moves to get a better line of effect.

Move to S30

He focuses once again on the goblin performance artist O30.

Cast Daze: dc14 Will


Rd3 mid round recap:
Goblins: The signing goblin cast another spell, though it doesn't work again. The other goblins attack, while the one with thebroken weapon misses james, the other lands a blow on Jiessi.

The Prophet: The prophet move in and throws a dagger, but misses.

Jiessi: Cuts the goblin with her dagger ending it.

James: Moves up to the caster and smashes her.

Father Zantus: Will hold.

Jito: Needs a new action
Akaask


Since both Jito and Akaask have not posted in a while I'm just going ot DMnpc them for this round.

Jito will switch his daze spell the the last goblin
Will: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8
The goblin is now dazed.

Akaask will move to k28 and trow another bomb aiming for the square n28.
Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
And the goblin goes down.


F Aasimar Medium Outsider (Native) Cleric 1, HP 4/9, Int 0, AC 14, T 10, FF 14 , F +3, R +0, W +6, P +6

Can we get an updated map of the remaining goblins?


There are no goblins, Akaask will kill that last one with his splash damage.


F Aasimar Medium Outsider (Native) Cleric 1, HP 4/9, Int 0, AC 14, T 10, FF 14 , F +3, R +0, W +6, P +6

Now Jiessi will check to the Father Zantus and the others to see if they are ok. "Do you have any idea why they attacked today of all days Father?"


"Not at all. I have never seen such an attack by goblins before." Father Zantus will then ask everyone "Did anyone else get hurt during the fight?"

Grand Lodge

Male Sylph Chirurgeon Alchemist 1

Akaash puts away his alchemal supplies. "Goblins got in again...Oh well, is everyone alright?"


HP 9, Init +6, AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10, Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +2

"This is truly unusual. What was the purpose of such a raid?"

Jito searches the corpses of the goblins for clues.

Perception 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13


Female Half-Orc (Ulfen) Bloodrager 1 | HP 10/14 | AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 | CMD 17 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +3 | Intiative +2, Perception +6, darkvision 60 feet | Bloodrage 6/6

"Does it matter why they're here?" Prophet walks over to the others, after retrieving his dagger, of course. "They cause mayhem and destruction, disturbing the natural order, filling the line of souls before their Mother. It is only right that they be sent themselves."

Prophet refrains from asking for any more healing, still confused by what happened earlier. "However, it would be helpful to know all your names. We might better coordinate defenses if we can say more than 'Hey you.' I," the dhampir says with a small bow of his head, "am the Prophet, but you may call me simply Prophet."


HP 9, Init +6, AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10, Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +2

"My name is Vrajitoare Diavol. And this is my faithful Bala." he says as he holds a finger up under the chin of his companion.

Grand Lodge

Male Sylph Chirurgeon Alchemist 1

"The name's Akaash. As you can see by my handywork" as he points the a smoldering goblin, "I have a certain way with alchemy. Specifically bombs, and making things catch fire." A slight breeze accompanies the man wherever he walks

101 to 150 of 362 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / bpa144'2 Rise of the Runelords game thread. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.