Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Rise of the Runelords

Game Master Bpa144

An ancient evil is awakening, and they have their sights set on the cozy town of Sandpoint. Will Sandpoint's new group of heroes be able to stand against this evil or will the be overwhelmed?


1 to 50 of 362 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

It is the 22 day of the month of Rova, the Autumnal Equinox, and the day of Sandpoint's Swallowtail festival. Even though the festival has not yet started the town is awake with everyone preparing. The owners of the local tavern's prepare the meals that will be used for the lunch that day, merchants set up their tents to sell souvenirs to those who come to visit, and other town folk set up the games that they will run during the festival. When the time approaches most of the citizens and visitors will start to head to the square in front of the new church for the start of the Festival.

The game thread is opened, all PC's need to find their way to the Church for th estart of the festival


Male Half-Orc Druid 1 (HP 10/10, Init +2, AC 16, touch 12, flat-footed 14, Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +4)

Emil yawns and sits up in bed, rubbing his eyes and looking out the window. "Today is the Equinox! Alright! Best day of the year!" He quickly hops out of bed and pulls his clothes on, fumbling in his cage for a live mouse and then slamming the cage shut, setting the mouse gently on the floor. Across the room, the massive slumbering serpent's tongue flicks out of its mouth lazily, catching the scent of prey. The snake's eyes snap open and it starts to slither towards the mouse.

The creature runs futilely away and Emil stops watching, turning to adjust his wrinkled clothes in the mirror and humming happily to himself while the sound of pained squeaking and powerful jaws echo through his bedroom.

Pulling a single lock of his hair into a curl that hangs over his face, Emil sighs contentedly and looks over his shoulder as the great snake climbs its way up his back. "Enjoy your breakfast?" he asks cheerfully, stroking the snake's head. "Well, now it's time to get mine."

Emil heads downstairs and starts to walk out the door. "Mom, I'm going out!" he calls. His aging mother smiles and waves. "Enjoy the festival dear, but try not to cause any trouble." "Yes ma'am." Emil closes the door behind him and quickly heads towards the town, eager to see all the shops that have been set up.

Walking with the air of someone who didn't have a deadly constrictor wrapped around his neck, Emil cheerfully stops by a few of the merchants setting up shop, hoping to get an early taste of their wares, but he was turned away at each stand. The merchants were not mean about it, rather they just laughed and told Emil to wait his turn like everyone else. Emil pouts a bit but gives up and decides to head over to the church and wait for the start of the ceremony. "You've got it easy," he says to Ratatosk. "If only you kept a cage of fresh hamburgers and fed me every morning instead of the other way around..."


HP 9, Init +6, AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10, Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +2

Jito has been up since before the sun. Tending to his hut and taking observations of the surrounding nature. He's always been accustomed to living among forests, though this one's much thinner than those he remembers from his youth.

Just across the Turandarok River lies the town of Sandpoint where Jito has come to study the Old Light and other such relics of ancient times. Not always welcome, Jito tries hard to not startle locals and to make clear his passive intentions.

It wasn't just another day of collecting herbs and heading to town to trade for meals. Not another day of studying ancient languages that baffled the minds of the curious. Today, Jito would risk the stares and avoidance by the public to attend the Swallowtail Festival.

It's a long walk through town to the Church. Maybe I'll stroll through the woods this morn and take Tanner's across.

Heads to the church in town


Female Half-Orc (Ulfen) Bloodrager 1 | HP 10/14 | AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 | CMD 17 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +3 | Intiative +2, Perception +6, darkvision 60 feet | Bloodrage 6/6

"...and that, younglings, is why death should not be feared, but accepted. Only the cursed path of undeath should fill you with terror. And now," Prophet says, looking up at the dawning light in the sky, "I must go. May Pharasma guide and watch you."

The rats in the alley in front of him chitter amongst themselves, and disperse as Prophet rises from his seat on the bedroll. Slowly and deliberately, the dhampir places his belongings in his pack. Then, he reverently removes his vestments, folding them properly and placing them in the bag. Finally, he dresses in his secondary attire, strapping his daggers and stakes to his sashes, folding his clothes back over them to avoid detection. He hides the pack in the shadow of some boxes, then pulls on his cestuses, picks up his hanbo, and makes his way to the church, his hood pulled up and his scarf wrapped around his chin and throat.


F Aasimar Medium Outsider (Native) Cleric 1, HP 4/9, Int 0, AC 14, T 10, FF 14 , F +3, R +0, W +6, P +6

The evening before the dedication Jiessi walks out into the small garden and looks up into the stars. Beginning her prayers, Thank you Desna for your guidance and spirtual assistance in living the life that you have set forth for me. May I serve you and your desires with freedom and openness of heart, providing others with your blessings throughout my travels."

------

The smell of chickory coffee brewing wakes her up the next morning, a bright smile crosses her pouty lips, "Morning Auntie Cloe" pouring herself a cup of coffee and offering a second cup to her favorite aunt.

"The buzz has been terrific about this dedication it should be busy today, we need to get moving to get a good seat," Jiessi comments.

"I'll be along afterwhile, you go and get us a good seat near the front. My old eyes aren't what they use to be," a smile across the old wrinkled face.

Nodding Jiessi goes and gets ready putting on her worn leathers, lacing up her high boots, and sliding a dagger in one while putting the starknife in its sheath. She looks at her trusty buckler and heavy mace. Won't be needing you today. Tapping each one.

"See you soon auntie." Jiessi walk towards the square stopping at a baker and buying a roll. A bit farther she picks up a nectarine from the fruit merchant's cart, "Smells delicious." After a leisurely walk she makes it to the dedication and wiggles through the crowd.


Male Human Fighter (Two-Handed) 1, Init +1, AC 15, FF 14, T 11, Fort +5, Ref +1, Will +3

The Pollick family walked through the early morning streets with smiles on their faces. Amelia, very religious, was happy to see a new cathedral, particularly since the one they'd been married in burned down in the Late Unpleasantness. James was looking forward to meeting new people and perhaps getting a few more weapons sold, particularly his rare stocks, which he had trouble getting rid of sometimes. James had spent the last few weeks getting ready by making Shoanti weapons, and the traditional weapons of the Gods the temple would be consecrated to. And of course little Michael was very excited to play the games and have new foods and meet new friends.

"How come we have to go to the church? Daddy doesn't even follow the Gods." Michael asked from his perch upon his father's shoulders.

"I worship many of the same ideals son." He answered.

"And besides that, your family is going and you need to make sure you're there. Further, most of the town is going and you want to see all the travellers and adventurers don't you?" Amelia asked, her dark eyes grinning up at her boy.

James nodded and waved to several of the people they passed, his friends and neighbors generally doing so back. My but isn't it the perfect day for a festival? The blacksmith thought, bouncing his son on his shoulders.


HP 9, Init +6, AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10, Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +2

As Jito meanders through the forest he can't help but wonder where his one true friend has gotten to.

Bala? BALA!

A light rustle in the brush betrays the tiny dinosaurs approach as Bala appears. I've gotta eat too! he relays as the last limbs and tail of some diminunitive lizard are choked down.

I know pal. I know. Let's discuss what magics may be useful today while we walk to town.

The tiny dinosaur scurries and with a leap lands upon the shoulders of Jito. A figure 8 from one shoulder to the other and he had found his sweet spot to rest comfortably on.

Preparing:

  • Detect magic
  • Detect poison
  • Daze
  • Ear piercing scream


Female Half-Orc (Ulfen) Bloodrager 1 | HP 10/14 | AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 | CMD 17 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +3 | Intiative +2, Perception +6, darkvision 60 feet | Bloodrage 6/6

Prophet finds a nice shady spot by the back of the square, leaning against a building. He pulls his hood back after a moment's thought, deciding that there most likely isn't much of a threat. Still, he keeps his hanbo in his hands and his cestuses on.

Prophet scans the crowd as people gather for the celebration. Mostly civilians, other inhabitants... Really no one of import.

Sighing-- though whether out of relief that there's no threat, or boredom that there's no threat, even he couldn't say just then-- Prophet closes his eyes to wait until the proceedings begin.


F Aasimar Medium Outsider (Native) Cleric 1, HP 4/9, Int 0, AC 14, T 10, FF 14 , F +3, R +0, W +6, P +6

The sun warms the autumn day, Jiessi finds a nice spot under an oak tree to sit down. A clear view of the new cathedral, she pulls out a scroll, one of The Eight Scrolls, and her eyes roam the well worn document. Her mouth moving as she reads, she looks up and her mouth continues to move from memory.


A respectfully large crowed has gathered for the festival. Right on time the first speaker of the morning steps unto the stage put up in front of the new church. The first speaker is none other than Mayor Deverin who says "Welcome one and all, and thank you for all coming to our festival. This is quite the crowd, I can see we have some visitors to our fair town, I also see that even Larz Rovanky was able to tear himself away from his work to come out, don't worry Larz that hide won't walk away while you enjoy yourself." To this there is some laughter from the crowed.

With that Mayor Deverin leaves the stage to be replaced with the next speaker, Sheriff Balor Hemlock "First welcome one and all. Now I just need to remind every one to be safe tonight during the bonfire. The fire can get very hot and it is best to keep an eye on your children to make sure they don't get to close. Now I'd like to ask everyone to bow there heads and take a moment of silence to remember those whom we lost in the fire that took our origanal chaple and the lives of Father Toyn, his adopted daughter Nualia, and an unknown amount of priest." After a moment of silence, Hemlock will say goodbye, remind everyone to be safe and then depart the stage.

Hemlock is replaced by the more livelier Cyrdak Drokkus, the owner of the theater house in Sandpoint. "Hello ladies and gents. Normally at this moment Lonjiku Kaijitsu would be up here before me, but sadly he called in sick, so I get to come up here earlier to welcome you all to this festival. Now of course this whole festival is dedicated to this grand new church we have built. The money for it came from the generous donations of the towns founding families, local businesses and of course form all the churches of the religions the gods worshiped in there. It is a beuitiful church, but you know who else is beutiful, Miss Allishanda of Magnimar, who will be performing as the lead role in my upcoming play the "Harpy's Curse" playing tomorrow evening." With that Dorkkus leaves the stage.

Finally the last person to speak is father Zantus. "Thank you all for coming, I am so happy to see so many people are here to celebrate this joyous occasion. I hope you all have fun today, there are many games and tents set up, and many activities today. So with ot further adue I declare this Shallowtail festival open." With that the crowed claps and then starts to disperse.


F Aasimar Medium Outsider (Native) Cleric 1, HP 4/9, Int 0, AC 14, T 10, FF 14 , F +3, R +0, W +6, P +6

Jiessi respectfully puts her scroll away when the speakers take the stage. She claps after each speach. Hmmmm, wonder if there are any games around...I always like to watch games of chance.

At the consclusion, Jiessi will walk around the groups of people observing looking for anyone common folk, who she thinks could use a bit of extra luck.

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

She continues to walk around.


Male Half-Orc Druid 1 (HP 10/10, Init +2, AC 16, touch 12, flat-footed 14, Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +4)

Emil listens patiently throughout the entire speech, then sits up and stretches when it's over. "Man, those people love the sound of their own voices, don't they? Huh. So there are some games open, huh? Wonder if there's any of those ring toss games, you know? I could win a goldfish! What do you say, Ratatosk? Feel like some seafood for lunch?"

Emil reaches back and pets his snake lovingly as he stands up and starts to walk around, immediately heading to a booth with food first and getting a nice hot meal. After he eats, Emil walks around looking for something interesting to do. "Hey, maybe there's a 'test your strength' game around here, or an arm-wrestling match or something. I bet I'd be pretty good at that!"

Cracking his knuckles and grinning eagerly, Emil rushes through the streets, seeking some kind of strength-based challenge or game.

Perception:: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15


Games of the Shallowtail festival:
Devil hunt: use a long bow to try to hit the target, the local myth the Sandpoint devil.

Goblin toss: Try to trow those pesky goblins into the fire pit. Toss stuffed goblins into varying holes at varing distances based on age and sex.

Light house smash: Destroy the Old light with a cannon. Use a minuature cannon to shoot balls at a tower of bottles, aiming to get them all down.

Orge Stomp: Take a hammer and smash the butten sending the disk up to the bell, the higher you get the more impressive you are.


F Aasimar Medium Outsider (Native) Cleric 1, HP 4/9, Int 0, AC 14, T 10, FF 14 , F +3, R +0, W +6, P +6

Jiessi walks over to the goblin toss looking for a young child trying their luck, or a parent, trying to win for a child she touches one on the shoulder gently providing a bit of extra luck.

Permitting the participant to roll two d20's


Male Half-Orc Druid 1 (HP 10/10, Init +2, AC 16, touch 12, flat-footed 14, Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +4)

As Emil walks through the crowds, he overhears a voice ringing out. "Step right up, step right up, folks and try your best! Do you have the strength to ring the bell? Only a man as powerful as an ogre could possibly succeed! Is anyone here as mighty as an ogre?!"

Emil stops in his tracks and an excited grin breaks out across his face. "Yo, old man!" he yells, running to the sound of the voice and breaking through to the front of the line. "Give me a shot. I'll wreck this thing."

Emil walks up and picks up the hammer, raising it up above his head as high as he can in both hands, before slamming it down onto the button with his full strength.

Strength check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18


HP 9, Init +6, AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10, Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +2

Having heard the opening ceremonies from beyond the crowd, Jito decides to seek out games of intelligence and trivia. He would love to test his other skills but he knows how uncomfortable people can be around him.

Jito puts on a wide brimmed straw hat that hides much of his infernal characteristics and most of Bala so long as he remains wrapped about his shoulders.

I think it best to try my hand at these games from an observers point of view. Wouldn't want to cause trouble now.

Perception for appropriate games 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Bala perception for troublemakers 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


HP 9, Init +6, AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10, Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +2

Jito stops in his tracks about 15 feet away from a game of archery. His jaw falls short somewhere between his knees as he reads the sign.

DEVIL HUNT!

Jito glances side to side to see if anyone is about to mistake him for a target and lowers his head as he slinks away. What else do you see Bala? Any games to identify plant species by seed type? Ah, what's this? Light House Smash? What say we try this?

Jito approaches the booth as a man solicits passersby from side to side.

"How does this work? I've never shot a cannon before much less a miniature cannon?"

Jito Listens to the instructions. When ready he judges the distance to the bottles, calculates the appropriate trajectory based on the weight of the ball and fires the cannon.

Intelligence check for calculations 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18


The child Jiessi touches is able to get all three goblins in the hole and wins the big prize, a little stuffed goblin of their own.

The disk goes all the way to the top, ringing the bell. The mutton-choped-sportting man who is running the Ogre stomp says "That's the spirit my friend, so the boys and lassies how it's done." Then takes another drink of his mead. You can choose witch prize you want from a selection of stuffed creatures: a goblin, a fire pelt leopard, a gecko, or a shallow tailed butterfly.

Jito uses the catapult that looks like a giant's arm.the catapult actually needs a range attack to use, at a -4 for non proficiency with siege weapons. how ever I'll give you a +4 circumstance bonus for using your intelligence to calculate the trajectory on all your shots. You have three shots.


HP 9, Init +6, AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10, Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +2

Haha siege weapons. Sigh.

Jito let's fly the first shot and reloads twice more.

Siege proficiency minus Int mod 1d20 ⇒ 6
Siege proficiency minus Int mod #2 1d20 ⇒ 6

Hmm

I could have sworn I had calculated that better. Let's go see what else there might be.

Jito turns and leaves the booth and heads over to watch Goblin Toss.

This looks simple enough. Simply gruesome. Based on age and gender. I've seen 67 winters and if you toss one gob you've tossed them all.

Jito tosses 3 goblins:
Dexterity 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Dexterity #2 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Dexterity #3 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


F Aasimar Medium Outsider (Native) Cleric 1, HP 4/9, Int 0, AC 14, T 10, FF 14 , F +3, R +0, W +6, P +6

Jiessi smiles when the child wins the big goblin. It's always get the goblin, it's little arms will soon be torn off. Her attention going elsewhere now as she walks towards the goblin toss game. Standing there watching and listening to the rules of the game. All the happy faces watching the little goblins hit the fire pit. A bit barbaric.

She scans he area looking for anything unusual or strange. Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Nothing catches her eyes.


Female Half-Orc (Ulfen) Bloodrager 1 | HP 10/14 | AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 | CMD 17 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +3 | Intiative +2, Perception +6, darkvision 60 feet | Bloodrage 6/6

Prophet opens his eyes as the speakers take the stage, listening attentively. After the crowd begins to disperse, the dhampir makes his way along the edges of the square, watching for anything or anyone of interest.

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

As he walks, he notices a few of the games. Throwing goblins in fire, tests of strength, miniature cannons...

Then he sees Devil Hunt. Grinning beneath his scarf, he walks up to the game, slipping his hanbo in its belt loop and removing his scarf and hood to appear less menacing. Once he procures the bow and arrows from the hawker, he draws back in an easy, fluid motion, takes aim quickly, and lets fly!

Attack roll: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

The first shot strikes (presumably), and Prophet turns to the man in charge of the game. "How many shots do I get?"


Male Human Fighter (Two-Handed) 1, Init +1, AC 15, FF 14, T 11, Fort +5, Ref +1, Will +3

The Pollicks make a quick route of the games, Michael winning a goblin toss and Amelia enjoying an attempt at knocking down the bottles. James avoids these until he comes to the Ogre Stomp and watches Emil smash it. "A good strike, Emil." James says, taking the hammer for his turn. "But let me show you what a smith's muscles can do."

Strength Check:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

James strike is a bit off center and not quite as amazing as the half-orc's. "Ah well... Have to let you young'uns win some of them." He jokes with a rogueish smile. "Daddy, can I touch his snake?" Michael asks from his mother's side. "How should I know, Michael? The man is right here, ask him if his snake minds being touched."

Michael steps forward with a worried expression. "Will your snake hurt me if I touch it Mr. Emil?" He asks in wide-eyed innocence.


F Aasimar Medium Outsider (Native) Cleric 1, HP 4/9, Int 0, AC 14, T 10, FF 14 , F +3, R +0, W +6, P +6

Jiessi wanders over to the Ogre Stomp. She sees a family looking at a half-orc young man with a snake on his body. That's odd. Seeing a young boy asking his parents, then the half-orc, if he could touch the snake.

She stands back and observes the half-orc's response and the crowd's reaction, noting several of the patrons have scooted a safe distance away from the snake.


Male Half-Orc Druid 1 (HP 10/10, Init +2, AC 16, touch 12, flat-footed 14, Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +4)

Emil blinks in surprise and draws back from the human, his eyes scanning the human's face. "You know my name? ...Have we met?" he asks, unsure of whether he recognizes the human or not.

Looking at the child as he approaches, Emil smiles and shakes his head. "Nope! Ratatosk is well-trained to not hurt anyone unless they hurt him. Here, go ahead." Emil gets down on one knee so that he's eye level with the child, and Ratatosk is within the child's reach. The snake looks at the child with his black eyes, his tongue flicking out to catch the child's scent curiously.

After Michael pets the snake, Emil stands up and walks over to the man who is running the Ogre Stomp. He picks the fire-pelt leopard and brings it back over, handing it to the kid. "Here you go. Your dad was pretty close to ringing the bell anyway, and he was trying to win you a prize, so you can have mine." He ruffles the kid's hair and smiles at the father before turning and starting to walk away.

Perception check to see if he notices himself being watched by Jiessi: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


By the way everyone,great perception rolls so far.

Shooting the catapult is harder than it seems, even with the math backing Jito up, he misses every shot.
It gets worse at the goblin toss. Jito's target is the farthest smallest hole, which he precedes to miss all three times. The man running the game says "Well remind me never to ask you for help with actual goblins, since they are a little more hard to hit than that hole."

The Prophet has a better time at the devil hunt. The targer a is cut out of what appears to be a winged horse. His first shot get's a bulls-eye. In respons to the question, the balding Varisian running the game says "You get two shots."

Despite his boasting, John is only able to get the disk to the blue area, witch is an average job. John is rewarded a blue ribbon for his efforts.


HP 9, Init +6, AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10, Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +2

Jito nods his head in agreement with the booth's manager. He knows the truth of matters though and ignores the jab.

Let's move on Bala.

They depart Goblin Toss and purchase some snacks of mixed berries and wild nuts.
Bala suddenly stirs on Jito's shoulder and says Jito, small child, not so small snake

Jito glances around until he notices several villagers staring at the child and a large constrictor. Not so menacing as infernal blood but uncommon to be sure. A half Orc kneels near both of them and several others are gathered close.

Sense motive 1d20 ⇒ 16

Doesn't seem to be any danger there Bala. Most likely a pet and a curious child not so unlike someone you might be more familiar with.

first bad pun! +1 joke enhancement


F Aasimar Medium Outsider (Native) Cleric 1, HP 4/9, Int 0, AC 14, T 10, FF 14 , F +3, R +0, W +6, P +6

Does Jiessi see the the tiefling, and his little friend, watching the group.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Hmmm, all sorts of strange fella's crawling out from their dark holes. A fiendish taint is here. Maneuvering herself behind the tiefling but keeping a line of sight on him. Should've brought my mace "Ole Thumper" with me.


HP 9, Init +6, AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10, Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +2

Bala rears his head again trying to get a better vantage point from underneath the hat.

Bala Perception using scent 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
I smell Celestial

Jito's gaze on the constrictor breaks,
Really now? Let's move along before there's trouble.

Slowly the two companions meander on popping snacks into their mouths a few at a time.


Female Half-Orc (Ulfen) Bloodrager 1 | HP 10/14 | AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 | CMD 17 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +3 | Intiative +2, Perception +6, darkvision 60 feet | Bloodrage 6/6

Second shot: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Fumble check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

As Prophet pulls back the arrow once again, he puts a little too much weight on the bow, and the string snaps. He hastily sets the bow back down, apologizing to the Varisian profusely and refusing any prize for one bullseye. That's strange, my first arrow was perfect. Fate must be interesting today...

This in mind, Prophet moves back to the outskirts of the crowd, replacing his hood and scarf, and scanning for anything of importance.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Not sure if the above means he notices the rest of the party or not.

Also, Prophet won't be playing any more games, so don't wait up for him.


Male Human Fighter (Two-Handed) 1, Init +1, AC 15, FF 14, T 11, Fort +5, Ref +1, Will +3

"Sorry son, I forget we haven't been properly introduced. I'm James Pollick, son of John Pollick, Weaponsmith by passion and blacksmith by necessity. I've heard of you, and it's hard to miss the lad with the snake around his neck." James smiles as Emil hands his son the toy. "Ah... game must be rigged. You know your Papa's the strongest man in the village." He jokes with his son and makes a big muscle with his bicep. "It was nice to meet you." He calls to the departing half-orc.

I'm done with the games for now.


I think besides Emil and Jeissi, everyone else has either done their games or have declined to do anymore.so Once Emil and Jeissi tell me what they are doing next, It will be lunch time.


Male Half-Orc Druid 1 (HP 10/10, Init +2, AC 16, touch 12, flat-footed 14, Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +4)

Emil finds a nice spot in the grass where the sun is bearing down, next to a tree. He lets Ratatosk climb into the tree and takes a load off, laying on his back in the grass with the sun warming him up, and sighs in contentment. Emil watches the clouds go by and waits for lunch.


F Aasimar Medium Outsider (Native) Cleric 1, HP 4/9, Int 0, AC 14, T 10, FF 14 , F +3, R +0, W +6, P +6

Jiessi is through with what she was doing. She is not playing any of the games.

Jiessi goes back to the tree she was sitting at when the speaches began. She notices that the half-orc, and his snake, are sitting under the tree now. "Hello, mind if I sit? It's a good spot for the festivities. I'm Jiessi by the way." He begins to sit down.


Lunch is served at the square in front of the church. It is provided by the many local taverns in town for free. Father Zantus and his acolytes roll out a covered wagon on to the square. Father Zantus than speaks "When Desna fell to earth for the first time, she was injured. She was found by a blind child, who nursed her back to health. To thank the child, Desna transformed the child into an immortal shallow-tail butterfly." The acolytes then open the wagon releasing thousands of shallow-tail butterflies. "To honor that child we save this time to release thousands of Desna's children unto the world."


Male Half-Orc Druid 1 (HP 10/10, Init +2, AC 16, touch 12, flat-footed 14, Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +4)

Emil blinks up at the woman and glances over at Ratatosk, who slips his tongue out and sniffs the air around her. The snake returns to its perch without a second thought and Emil looks back at the woman and smiles. "Go right ahead. My name is Emil. The quiet guy in the tree is my friend Ratatosk. Don't mind him. He's always pretty lazy this time of day."

Emil gives a short push back and forces himself up into a sitting position, extending his hand. "A pleasure to meet you, Jiessi."


F Aasimar Medium Outsider (Native) Cleric 1, HP 4/9, Int 0, AC 14, T 10, FF 14 , F +3, R +0, W +6, P +6

She shakes Emil's hand, then sits down.

When the father begins to discuss Desna, Jiessi perks up and listens intently. Jiessi claps loudly and stands up when the butterflies are released. all the beautiful color warms her heart."Bravo...bravo." Her hands clapping harder.


HP 9, Init +6, AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10, Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +2

Jito looks up in awe as the Swallowtails swarm the skies. Thousands of colors spill across the afternoon air.

"What beautiful creatures."

Knowledge Nature on the butterflies 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23


The butterflies are shallow-tailed butterflies.

The rest of the day goes by as the festival continues. Much fun is had at the various games and activities going on. Just before sunset everyone heads back to the square for the final prayer and the bonfire.


F Aasimar Medium Outsider (Native) Cleric 1, HP 4/9, Int 0, AC 14, T 10, FF 14 , F +3, R +0, W +6, P +6

"Emil are you from Sandpoint?" making small talk. "I'm here visiting my aunt, who should actually be coming to the festival shortly." She looks around to see if she is coming.

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Jiessi stands again waving her arm overhead, "Here she is now."


Male Half-Orc Druid 1 (HP 10/10, Init +2, AC 16, touch 12, flat-footed 14, Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +4)
Bpa144 wrote:

The butterflies are shallow-tailed butterflies.

This man knows how to handle random Knowledge checks!

Emil glances at the white-haired woman. "Huh? Yes. I've lived in Sandpoint for most of my life. Here with my mother...and...well, my dad tries to visit at least once a week. He can't always get away." Emil frowns and unconsciously scratches the back of his right ear.

"Huh? Your aunt? Oh well, do you want me to leave? I don't mind. I don't want to intrude on your family visit."


HP 9, Init +6, AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10, Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +2

"It's been a long day Bala. What say we go watch the closing ceremony and then sneak off the way we came."

Bala nods in agreement and they head back to the south side of the square where they had arrived that morning.


Female Half-Orc (Ulfen) Bloodrager 1 | HP 10/14 | AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 | CMD 17 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +3 | Intiative +2, Perception +6, darkvision 60 feet | Bloodrage 6/6

Prophet watches on as the butteflies are released. Shallowtails, Desna's favorite. An odd custom, but pleasant and harmless enough.

He continues to lean against the building as lunch is served, waiting until lines die down before heading over. He's never been a big eater, and takes only small portions, but a little of everything, willing to try it all.

On his way back to his place, Prophet notices the gathering under the tree (hard to miss, considering the participants), but doesn't worry about it and simply continues to where he was standing.


F Aasimar Medium Outsider (Native) Cleric 1, HP 4/9, Int 0, AC 14, T 10, FF 14 , F +3, R +0, W +6, P +6

Jiessi introduces her aunt to Emil. The aged lady looks at the half-orc, I know your mother, a fine lady. Smiling warmly at the young man.

A few minutes later someone waves at her from another area, 'I'll see you all soon, I have to go mingle." The Chloe Windblown using her walking can heads off.


Male Half-Orc Druid 1 (HP 10/10, Init +2, AC 16, touch 12, flat-footed 14, Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +4)

"She seems very nice. So, if you don't mind me asking, where are you visiting from? You said you came to Sandpoint to see your aunt, but...you don't really sound like you're from around here." Emil comments.

The snake slithers down the tree trunk and wraps itself around Emil's neck. "Oh, hey Ratatosk. Welcome back. Heh. No matter what nice branch or juicy mouse may cross his path, the guy always seems to think my neck is his personal tanning spot." Emil strokes the snake's head affectionately.


F Aasimar Medium Outsider (Native) Cleric 1, HP 4/9, Int 0, AC 14, T 10, FF 14 , F +3, R +0, W +6, P +6

Jiessi nods at the snake, "An interesting companion."

"My aunt is Chloe Windblown, who retired here about a year ago. She was a traveler looking for adventure where ever Desna took her." Pausing, "As far as myself I grew-up in the Valley of Stars, in the Calphiak Mountain range. I've traveled throughout Varisia, my feet are too motivated to stay put for long." Smiling brightly. "I have a bit of my aunt in me, I guess."


Male Half-Orc Druid 1 (HP 10/10, Init +2, AC 16, touch 12, flat-footed 14, Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +4)

"A traveler, huh? I've always wondered what life might be like outside the city, but I don't think I'm ready to leave just yet. Still, I always feel at home in the wilderness. Sometimes it's kind of like the trees are speaking to me. I bet you've seen a lot of amazing things on your journey. What kinds of interesting sights and people have you met?"


So I'm just going to move along, Jiessi and Emil can continue there conversation in spoilers. Everyone should have returned to the square at sunset.

With the crowd gathered in the square once again, Father Zantus takes the stage. He then takes out a stone from his pocket and throws it to the ground. When it lands a sharp retort, like a crack of distant thunder, slices through the excited crowd as the sun's setting rays paint the western sky. A stray dog that has crawled under a nearby wagon to sleep starts awake, and the buzz of two dozen conversations quickly hushes as all heads turn toward the central podium. father Zantus clears his throat, takes a breath to speak, and suddenly a woman's scream slices through the air. A few moments later another scream rises then another. Beyond them a sudden surge of new voices rises, high-pitched, tittering shrieks that sounds not quite human. The crowd parts and something low to the ground races by giggling with disturbing glee as the stray dog gives a pained yelp and then collapses with a gurgle, it's throat cut open from ear to ear. As blood pools around it's head, the raucous sound of a strange song begins, chanted from shrill, scratchy voices.

DC12 perception:
You can see a small green creature besides the wagon where the dog was sleeping, you get to also act in the surprise round


Place yourselves on this MAP


Male Half-Orc Druid 1 (HP 10/10, Init +2, AC 16, touch 12, flat-footed 14, Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +4)

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Emil will be in Q22. Ratatosk will be in Q21

Emil looks up as he hears the sound echoing through the wind and grits his teeth, drawing his sword and looking around in worry. "Jiessi! Can you see what's making that noise? Damnit. Ratatosk!"

The snake looks at him in confusion. Emil smirks with a toothy grin. "Whatever just attacked that dog is your prey. Don't you dare let it get away."

The snake hisses, a similarly primal expression in its eyes, as if the pair shared a sudden bloodthirst. Emil grips his sword in both hands and glances back at the woman. "Jiessi, can you fight?"


Female Half-Orc (Ulfen) Bloodrager 1 | HP 10/14 | AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 | CMD 17 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +3 | Intiative +2, Perception +6, darkvision 60 feet | Bloodrage 6/6

Prophet starts out in square I-19.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23 Booyah.

As Prophet sees the goblin, he pushes forward from the wall and charges the goblin, swinging his hanbo at the foul little bastard.

Attack roll: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Damgage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Alternatively, if the goblin is too far away for him to attempt this, he clutches his holy symbol and murmurs a prayer to Pharasma, that he may vanquish this foe quickly.

Casts true strike.

Wow, poor attack roll... I almost hope the goblin's too far away.

1 to 50 of 362 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / bpa144'2 Rise of the Runelords game thread. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.