Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Rise of the Amazing Red (Inactive)

Game Master Daxter


1 to 50 of 398 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

Male Human(Amazing)

Dotting.

Sczarni

Male Human [Varisian] Definitely-Not-A-Sczarni-Hitman 6

Checking in!

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Fighter 3/Ranger 1

Let the games begin.

Dark Archive

Character Stats:
  • 30/42 HP
  • AC 15 (T 12 : FF 13)
  • Fort +6: Ref +7: Will +3
  • Initiative +4
  • Half-Elf Rogue 4 / Fighter 1

    Intimidating dot.

    Sczarni

    Female Human Rogue 10 (hp 82/82) | F +7 R +11 W +9 | AC 24 T 15 FF 24 CMD 27

    Dot.

    Liberty's Edge

    Male Gnome Summoner 6 49/49 hp / AC 25 temp (20) / T15 / F16 / F +4 R +5 W +6 / Ini +4 Per +5

    Yandu spends a good time on the way back. He enjoys himself. Rummaging through the items they found he spots an Ioun stone - a shiny nice dusty rose prism.

    He marvels at it - when suddenly a big wave hits the ship and it drops down some stairs.

    Anya quickly climbs down to retrieve it to hand it back to Yandu.

    The tiny crack - was this there before? Yandu couldn't tell - but he hadn't seen it before. Maybe if he bought the stone then nobody would complain. The Venture Captains dislikes when treasure wasn't brought back. But surely - this had been an accident.

    dot and the story behind Yandu's Ioun Stone

    Sczarni

    Female Human Rogue 10 (hp 82/82) | F +7 R +11 W +9 | AC 24 T 15 FF 24 CMD 27

    After reporting in everything that happened from Tian Xia, and omitting a few occurrences near the end of the mission, Erin quietly bids her companions from the trip farewell. As soon as Ashur, Tanrov, and the others are out of sight she circles back around to the lodge and reenters the building.

    "They are a good crew to work with, and it will not be the same going out without them...

    She thinks to herself, walking through the building.

    "...but, I did kind of lose it in front of them, will they still trust me? Hopefully another job should clear this all out of my head, the sooner the better. There is no better way way to get put to work than to look like you have nothing better to do in plain sight of a Venture Captain."

    Erin lounges lazily in a comfortable chair near one of the administrative offices, waiting to be noticed.

    Grand Lodge

    Markus is out. Mayumi is in.


    Male Human(Amazing)

    You are all summoned to the Varisia Pathfinder Lodge at Heidmarch Manor in the city of Magnimar.

    “Welcome to Varisia, welcome to the city of Magnimar,
    welcome to the Pathfinder Lodge of Heidmarch Manor, but most importantly, welcome to my home.”
    Venture-Captain Sheila Heidmarch greets you in her low, breathy voice, finishing with a warm smile.

    “Varisia is a land of ancient wonders and exciting possibilities,” she continues, “and I’ve found it most helpful to keep a team of Pathfinders on call at the lodge at all times, should anything of interest to the Society come up unexpectedly. This assignment is only temporary. We’ll rotate in a new team to take your places in a few weeks, but rest assured, there’s plenty of potential for you to make a name for yourselves as Pathfinders here."

    "I’ve arranged for you to stay in Bakrakhan House, one of our guest cottages, for the duration of your stay here. It’s currently unoccupied, so you’ll have the place to yourselves. You’re on duty starting tomorrow morning, so take some time to settle in, wrap up any unfinished business you have in the city today, and should the Society have need of you, I’ll contact you directly. Ebrylis, if you could show them the way, please,” Sheila says as she turns and departs.

    A half-elf guardsman steps forward. “This way, please,” Ebrylis says. “Bakrakhan House is the last house on the end. I’m sure you’ll want to unpack, set up your bunks, and so on. Dinner’s at sunset in the manor’s dining room. Look for me at the gate if you need anything else. I’ll leave you to it.” With that, Ebrylis strolls back down the path.

    Grand Lodge

    Mayuki bows gracefully.

    "You honor us with this task Heidmarch-sama. We will see to whatever duties you lay before us."

    Mayumi is a stunning but petite Tian girl with long flawless raven-black hair, which is currently kept tied in a high tight bun (secured with a dozen jade-handled pins). Her complexion is pale but often appears nearly porcelain white due to the fine powder she dusts her skin with. Her voice is melodic and soft.

    Mayumi is never seen without her formal kimono of soft vermilion silk which hugs the soft curves of slight frame. She carries a small bag with a handful of adventuring necessities. The handle of simple dagger peeks out of the back of the sash tied around her narrow waist.

    Grand Lodge

    Male Angel Blooded Celestial Oracle 1

    Cliff nods his head toward Ebrylis before he departs.

    Cliff is a relatively short Taldan human dressed in simple green and blue clothing, with a striking red scarf around his neck and mouth. He is well muscled and handsome, but upon closer inspection his skin is unusually pale and clammy, and will often have coughing spasms indicating some sort of underlying condition.

    He doesn't go anywhere without his midnight black greataxe, and is quite protective of it. He doesn't allow anyone else to touch it, warning that it is dangerous for anyone else to handle

    Sczarni

    Female Human Rogue 10 (hp 82/82) | F +7 R +11 W +9 | AC 24 T 15 FF 24 CMD 27

    Erin listens dutifully for the details of the mission. Upon hearing that the duty is just on call work her stance relaxes. Her head tilts downward causing her shoulder length blonde hair to somewhat obscure her face. Her green eyes move intently as she begins to inventory many pockets in the red and white patterned Tian robe she is wearing.

    Upon hearing the guard's request she moves forward to follow, but her attention is quickly grabbed when she notices a gnome standing in the room.
    "Yandu, what are you doing here?"
    She asks, somewhat surprised by his presence.

    Liberty's Edge

    Male Gnome Summoner 6 49/49 hp / AC 25 temp (20) / T15 / F16 / F +4 R +5 W +6 / Ini +4 Per +5

    Yandu smiles at her.

    "I couldn't leave such an interesting lady as yours."

    Liberty's Edge

    Male Gnome Summoner 6 49/49 hp / AC 25 temp (20) / T15 / F16 / F +4 R +5 W +6 / Ini +4 Per +5

    "Madame Heidmarsh - could you tell me how to get to the Pediment Building in the Capital District. I've some business there that it seems is best been done today - so that I'm not burdened by it later."


    Male Human(Amazing)

    Ebrylis will tell you where it is. It is a huge building, so it is hard to miss.

    Liberty's Edge

    Female Human Fighter 3/Ranger 1

    As Lucia begins her time in Magnimar, she is remembered as to how she got stuck here to begin with.

    "We have been looking for a new location for a second house abroad."

    Says her sister-in-law Ophelia over dinner with the entire Stormslayer and Amberdagger family that is not abroad. Eliott got stuck in Taldor somewhere, Tessara and Alexandria is at our family's compound in Katapesh. Mariposa is currently in mourning in Almas at the death of her younger brother Christian.That left her, Charlotte who just returned from Tian Xia, Ondrea, Meridia, Bethany, Merlin, Morgana and Ophelia, at a table together having dinner in the family compound in Absalom in the Eastgate District. Ophelia, who is planning on retiring soon from the Pathfinder life lately has been speaking about her plans for life after the Society.

    "Since my last trip to Varisia, I have been giving Magnimar a thought. But unfortunately, I accidentally had to blow a hole through a church of Abadar due to wizards who decided to ruin our most recent mission for the Runecarved Key. Trust me when I say that it was incredibly bothersome. And now the house of Damocles is on my gears even though I've made proper and expensive restoration. It's not my fault that the Church of Sarenrae has more followers and therefore more money. Anyway, since Varisia is the 'flavor of the year' for The Society, it is looking like we as a family will be spending quite a lot of time there. "

    "You mean fourth at this point." Says Charlotte smiling and taking another bite of her dinner. "Remember, we have houses in Almas, Katapesh, and Niswan in Jalmeray. I know we're a merchant's family, but we stopped trading 20 years ago. Do you really think all these houses are necessary?"

    "And does it have to be Magnimar?" Merlin says bitterly "Kaer Maga is a far better location for a family home."

    "And the home of your mistress." Says Ophelia tortly. Merlin immmediately quiets himself. "Don't think I don't know what happened there. Besides, Kaer Maga is not user friendly to worshipers of Sarenrae. No, Maginmar is more my style. But I am open to options, since the society has decided that they are going to spend more time in Varisia, I think it best to take a look at all possible options. Keep in our mind, our faith is very important, so we need to look for a location that is at least tolerant to our faith."

    With that, Anselm, the butler comes in with an envelope and hands it to Lucia. She opens it and sees the traditional Society insignia. She reads her assignment: Off to Magnimar. Ophelia looks down the table, but it's no use in hiding it. A family that serves the Society, always knows when they are being assigned somewhere that's not local.

    "I know that look on your face. Off to another assignment Lucia?"
    "Unfortunately. Looks like I am heading off to Magnimar."

    The family sighs in doing so reminding themselves, that this is the life they have chosen.

    "Well, Shelia Heidmarch's compound is rather magnificent. I do miss her company. Anselm, make sure we send Lucia with some wine from our vineyard in Westcrown for Sheila as a gift." The table immediately rises, since dinner is already over, and now Lucia must pack for a trip to Varisia.

    "We wish you all the best of luck Lucia, may Sarenrae be with you on your journey, and may you find a place for us there, that can be hospitable to our family."

    Liberty's Edge

    Female Human Fighter 3/Ranger 1

    Standing in the briefing room with Sheila Heidmarch, her sister was right, this place is insanely huge and opulent. Too bad my sister can't buy the house. She thought. She looks at her party. A Gnome, two other females, and very scraggly gentleman with a black greataxe. Armed with her bottles of wine, she gives them to Ebrylis for inspection and eventual presentation to Lady Sheila.

    She stands in front of the nice gentleman summoner as he inquires about the Pediment Building.

    Is it alright good sir, if I accompany you to the building? I am also am heading there for some formal business of an urgent need.

    Sczarni

    Female Human Rogue 10 (hp 82/82) | F +7 R +11 W +9 | AC 24 T 15 FF 24 CMD 27

    GM if this item of import has been delivered to me (or Trys), I would also like to take a small trip to the Lowcleft District if I have time.


    Male Human(Amazing)

    Well I was going to wait for her to post, but I'll move on.

    Ebrylis accepts the bottle of wine from Lucia and walks to give it to VC Heimarch before returning to his guardly duties. You all are able to drop off your things and may spend the rest of the day as you wish.

    Erin(and possibly Trys)
    You easily finds the lowcleft district. You even spot a caravan with a huge sign that says "Fish Tank". However when you try to walk up to it, two guards stop you. "What do you want?"

    Lucia and Yandu

    You travel to the Pediment Building with no problems. As you enter the front doors into the lobby, you spot a clerk behind a desk. He seems to be disinterested in anything not involving paperwork. He either doesn't notice you or doesn't seem to care.

    Grand Lodge

    With her head bowed, Mayumi shuffles gracefully up to Ebrylis after she and the others have been shown to their rooms.

    "Honorable Ebrylis, the house Kaijitsu has become known to me since I've arrived here in Magnimar. It would sooth my homesick heart to meet others from my distant Tian Xia. Could you kindly give me directions to their villa?"

    Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26


    Male Human(Amazing)

    Mayumi
    "The Kaijitsu family? They haven't lived here in ages, moved to the little town of Sandpoint. I hear Ameiko owns a tavern there. Their old home is in Naos if you want to see it. I should be getting back to work. Sheila would have my head if she caught me slacking off because I was talking to someone as lovely as you."

    When you arrive at what used to be the Kaijitsu Villa, you notice that it is indeed abandoned.

    Appraise check please.

    Dark Archive

    Character Stats:
  • 30/42 HP
  • AC 15 (T 12 : FF 13)
  • Fort +6: Ref +7: Will +3
  • Initiative +4
  • Half-Elf Rogue 4 / Fighter 1

    I was trying to think of how best to introduce Trys, but I’m too slow.

    Ah Magnimar, I wish I could say it’s good to be back.

    Trys catches up to Erin before they approach the Caravan.

    Erin:
    I know this kind, they may not let us in easily. I will face them directly and attempt to get in by force of will. You try to sneak around back and find an alternate way in, in case I am unable to get past. I will try to keep them occupied for as long as I can.

    Edit: Oh, I suppose there is only one item to deliver? So I guess we can’t exactly split up.


    Male Human(Amazing)

    Well, it wouldn't help you to.

    Grand Lodge

    Mayumi bows deeper and giggles quietly at the guard's flirtations.

    "Many thanks for your help."

    ***

    After getting direction to the villa Mayumi tracks down Trys, one of her recently introduced allies.

    Once she finds her:

    "Good afternoon, Honored Trys. I humbly ask for your aid in a task Amara-sama has put before me. I must visit the abandoned estate of distant relatives of mine and determine the cost of the repairs needed to make the grounds hospitable again. Could you spare a few moments to share your expertise?"

    I need an Appraise check.

    She produces a small book explaining property values through Magnimar.

    "I purchased this booklet but I cannot make any sense of it. I'm afraid I do not have a head for numbers."

    It's a tool for +2 to Appraise.

    Dark Archive

    Character Stats:
  • 30/42 HP
  • AC 15 (T 12 : FF 13)
  • Fort +6: Ref +7: Will +3
  • Initiative +4
  • Half-Elf Rogue 4 / Fighter 1

    To the guards, My Caravan just arrived and with it an item that Jaster will be interested in obtaining. I am here to negotiate a price, and you are standing in my way.


    Male Human(Amazing)

    Erin and Trys
    "Why don't you head home, little lady? Maybe you can send your man and we might let him in." One of the guards says which elicits chuckles from both of them.

    Give me a social skill check.

    Dark Archive

    Character Stats:
  • 30/42 HP
  • AC 15 (T 12 : FF 13)
  • Fort +6: Ref +7: Will +3
  • Initiative +4
  • Half-Elf Rogue 4 / Fighter 1

    Trys steps a little closer to the guard, her voice lowering in an intense manor. Maybe you didn’t understand. I will talk a little slower for you. I like to get paid. Any one standing in between me and my profit soon finds that they would rather be somewhere else. Trys pulls open the folds of the red scarf she wears loosely around her neck revealing a leather cord strung with teeth of various sizes and shapes. She points to the one on the end. This here is a small memento from the last man who decided to cross me. I was not planning on adding to my collection today, but I can always make an exception...

    Intimidate: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21


    Male Human(Amazing)

    Erin and Trys
    The guards both attempt to put up a brave front, but they quickly back down. "Uh, you can go in." They both step aside to let you enter the caravan. "Sorry about that wise crack. It was disrespectful and I should be more sensitive to the plight of women."

    You both enter and find Jaster sitting down. "Useless guards..." He mutters as you enter. However his mood lightens when you hand him the viola. "Thank you. I hope cousin Karela can find time to journey to Magnimar. Send him my respects."

    Dark Archive

    Character Stats:
  • 30/42 HP
  • AC 15 (T 12 : FF 13)
  • Fort +6: Ref +7: Will +3
  • Initiative +4
  • Half-Elf Rogue 4 / Fighter 1

    Cousin Karela and his caravan have arrived in Riddleport. He sends his regards.


    Male Human(Amazing)

    Erin and Trys
    "I see. Good to know." After delivering the gift, you both leave the caravan. You notice that the guards are still giving you a wide berth as you exit. You still have the rest of the day to yourselves.

    I will give the others some time to catch up before I move you two along.

    Grand Lodge

    Male Angel Blooded Celestial Oracle 1

    Cliff decides after he gets settled in to go to the streets and ask around for directions to the Bronze House in the district of Dockway.

    Diplomacy take 10: 17

    Assuming he finds out where it is, Cliff will find a nice discrete place to scout out the place. If anyone asks me what I am doing, I'm birdwatching :P

    Grand Lodge

    Mayumi could use a hand from Trys.


    Male Human(Amazing)

    Cliff

    You are able to find a nice place to stake out at. No one seems to bother you, especially when they see the ebony greataxe you carry.

    Give me either a Knowledge(Engineering) check or a Perception check to draw a map of it.

    Dark Archive

    Character Stats:
  • 30/42 HP
  • AC 15 (T 12 : FF 13)
  • Fort +6: Ref +7: Will +3
  • Initiative +4
  • Half-Elf Rogue 4 / Fighter 1

    Upon leaving the Caravan, Trys walks up to the guard who made a wisecrack and pats him on the cheek, like a mother with an unruly child. Don’t worry, I’m not offended. The name’s Trys. You would do well to remember it. She walks away, not waiting for a response.

    Dark Archive

    Character Stats:
  • 30/42 HP
  • AC 15 (T 12 : FF 13)
  • Fort +6: Ref +7: Will +3
  • Initiative +4
  • Half-Elf Rogue 4 / Fighter 1

    In response to Mayumi, What’s this? So now not only do I need to take care of my own business, but I need to babysit you too? *sigh* Very well. Trys takes the book, and a look at the house.
    Appraise: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 2 = 12

    In my opinion, Amara-sama would be better off purchasing something new. This place is a dump.

    Grand Lodge

    Mayumi bows deeply.

    "Many thanks Trys-san. Your skills are most appreciated."

    "Is it really beyond redemption though? A place with as much history as this should not be abandoned so readily."

    Would Trys mind trying again but taking 10?

    Dark Archive

    Character Stats:
  • 30/42 HP
  • AC 15 (T 12 : FF 13)
  • Fort +6: Ref +7: Will +3
  • Initiative +4
  • Half-Elf Rogue 4 / Fighter 1

    I remember when I was that young and innocent. That was a long time ago.

    Trys takes a little more time to jot some figures down on a paper and hands it and the book back to Mayumi. There are the numbers. Trust them or not.
    Appraise take 10: 16

    Grand Lodge

    Mayumi smiles and bows again.

    "You are as generous and kind as your are beautiful Trys-san. I will thank the ancestors in your name."


    Male Human(Amazing)

    Trys and Mayumi
    At first glance, Trys fails to see the rustic charm in the old Villa. But after taking her time she sees that the house can be a lovely home. It just takes the right touch.

    Dark Archive

    Character Stats:
  • 30/42 HP
  • AC 15 (T 12 : FF 13)
  • Fort +6: Ref +7: Will +3
  • Initiative +4
  • Half-Elf Rogue 4 / Fighter 1

    Trys finds the nearest tavern to the Bakrakhan House and spends the afternoon taking money from pompous fools who think they can best her in an arm wrestling match.

    Unless the GM has something else planned, of course.


    Male Human(Amazing)

    That's fine.

    Grand Lodge

    Mayumi spends the rest of her free time under a nice shady tree studying the history of Magnimar from her Pathfinder Chronicle.

    Thanks again Trys!

    Grand Lodge

    Male Angel Blooded Celestial Oracle 1

    Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

    From my nice vantage point I try to map out the comings and goings of the people coming into and out of the building.

    Sczarni

    Female Human Rogue 10 (hp 82/82) | F +7 R +11 W +9 | AC 24 T 15 FF 24 CMD 27

    Wow, I missed that whole exchange, haha.
    Erin watches Trys as she works through the delivery. Every time she is about to open her mouth to speak Trys is already on top of the issue, so she settles for a simmering glare at the guards as they head in and out of the building.

    As they are leaving the drop off site, Erin states.
    "Well I see why Guaril has you on the till. I did not even get a word in. I suppose I should thank you for saving me trouble of letting myself in from the rear of the establishment."

    Liberty's Edge

    Female Human Fighter 3/Ranger 1

    Lucia sees the man at the desk.. She looks at Yandu and they proceed to the desk.

    Well met sir, we are looking for the Lord-Mayor's Secretary Master Kirinst. We would like have a conversation with him concerning a matter of importance.

    Diplomacy Check:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

    Dark Archive

    Character Stats:
  • 30/42 HP
  • AC 15 (T 12 : FF 13)
  • Fort +6: Ref +7: Will +3
  • Initiative +4
  • Half-Elf Rogue 4 / Fighter 1

    Trys smiles at Erin, It's always good to have a backup plan.


    Male Human(Amazing)

    Zelpher

    Even from your vantage point, you cannot make out enough of the building to draw an accurate map. Perhaps if you got help from someone with sharper senses?

    Lucia and Yandu

    "Sorry, he is currently occupied. Maybe you would like to schedule an appointment? How about sunrise 3 months from now? That is the earliest I can do."

    Grand Lodge

    Male Angel Blooded Celestial Oracle 1

    After a few hours:
    "I know there are some secret passages in this building. Where the **** are they? I guess I can go try to recruit Erin to help."

    Cliff goes off to ask for Erin's help to map the exterior of the building.

    Sczarni

    Female Human Rogue 10 (hp 82/82) | F +7 R +11 W +9 | AC 24 T 15 FF 24 CMD 27

    Erin tags along with Trys to the aforementioned tavern. She watches closely as Trys works over many of the patrons, and then after a few bouts joins in on the scheme.

    "That one with the blonde curly hair that just walked in, his coinpurse looks kind of heavy. He also has two friends with him who will likely shame him if he turns you down, an easy mark I would think."
    Erin states quietly to Trys, as she targets marks walking through the front door.

    Liberty's Edge

    Male Gnome Summoner 6 49/49 hp / AC 25 temp (20) / T15 / F16 / F +4 R +5 W +6 / Ini +4 Per +5

    Yandu cast prestigitation on himself. His coat looks clean and his hair is freshly combed. He tries to give the impression of importance and sincerity.

    "Oh my dear - the poor man - he must be very busy. But are you sure there is nothing that can be done."

    Yandu takes out a purse with some gold coins. He carefully counts out 10 of them and put them in his left hand.

    "And if your master is do busy - well - I guess then your life is even more demanding. I would love to help you - but if it is truly 3 month we have to wait. Who knows if we are still in this magnificent city by then.
    Surely if you could get us an earlier appointment - well - it surely would pay for you."

    He jingles the coins.

    Diplomacy 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

    1 to 50 of 398 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
    Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rise of the Amazing Red All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.

    ©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.