Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Rise of a Regent Campaign Thread

Game Master Illydth

A prince sent into exile returns to his homeland to take back his throne, save the region, and maybe even the world.


2,801 to 2,850 of 3,118 << first < prev | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | next > last >>

Female Human Sorcerer (favored) 4 / Witch 1

Round 3

Selena waves her hand and pulls a warm, healing energy around Lash, speaking magical words in celestial.

Cure Light Wounds
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

She then turns to Thantos.

"Do you think that thing was summoned? Would a ward of protection have any effect against it?" referring to Protection from Evil


Male Human Fighter 5

Skidding to a stop, Dirk puts his falchion to immediate use.

Attack (w/ enlarge): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19
Damage (w/ enlarge): 2d6 + 13 ⇒ (2, 1) + 13 = 16


Thantos casts detect magic and moves up to focus on the baboon-creature.

Knowledge(arcana): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31

Thantos whispers into everyone's ears through the message spell.

If the creature harbors ill in its heart, a protection spell may be advantageous, although I doubt that it is summoned, considering the length of time it has plagued us.


F Human Rogue 5

Lash breathes more easily as she feels the familiar soothing embrace of Selena's healing. Quickly ratcheting another bolt she fires again at the ape-demon.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
1d8 ⇒ 7


Sorry folks, back at it!

Realizing it's in trouble, the fiend tries to swiftly back through the now open door to get away from the party.

It's loss of attention to Dirk and his blade is the last mistake it makes.

Seeing his opening Dirk slashes down with his falchion, catching the fiend in the shoulder and slicing down and crossways through the creature's body, through several vital organs and tissue, till the sword smacks up against it's backbone.

The creature drops, bleeding profusely to the ground twitching and then stops moving.

All around you, silence, and the heavy breathing of the rest of the party, is all the sound that greets you. From outside, the howling of the wind through the shutters and cracks of the tower continues as the storm outside continues to lash it's fury against the region.

The creature is dead, you can find nothing on it's corpse.


Was I able to identify it with that 31 on my knowledge(arcana) roll?


*SIGH* Damned forums ate my post. Let me try that again.

Mird:

Hunted! That's what's been bothering you for the last hour or so with your treck through the tower. This creature has been hunting you. Not like an animal but with almost human like intelligence. Unlike even the best hunters of the animal world (such as the great cats), this creature was actively performing hit and run tactics on your companions...this creature is not natural, nor is it likely even related to it's somewhat visually related animal...the baboon.

There's no question in your mind this creature is not natural.

Thantos:

Your detect magic spell shows the creature as obviously magical in nature. As with the other attempts, you are not getting a specific bent or type to the magic radiance emanating from the creature, just raw magical energy...and not an insignificant amount of it either.

Thinking back over the encounter and putting the pieces together bit by bit your mind recalls a single lesson you received at one point in one of your many magical theory classes. You'd forgotten all about till now due to the fact that the theory had been, assumedly, debunked years ago.

At one point, some knowledgeable wizard or sage of some renown had claimed, through some experience or another, that an alternate plane of reality existed within the confines of a mirror. And that within that reality existed creatures of some kind that could live within the dimension. The theory was quickly debunked when the debate over whether that plane of existence was attached to either the ethereal or astral plane came to an inconclusive halt. When no proof of attachment could be found and no other magical way of entrance to the plane could be proven the theory was written off as "uninformed" and the entire concept written off as an unknowledgable planes traveler ending up in some pocket plane somewhere created by one of a dozen magical items.

Thinking about the creature you just killed and it's habits, you wonder whether maybe the old theory might have had at least SOME truth to it. While you have no proof of an alternate reality connected to any of these mirrors or mirror pieces, it's become somewhat obvious that they do play some part in the attacks that have happened upon your group.


Male Human Ranger 5

"This creature was actively hunting us, as I might hunt a quarry in the woods. It was obviously familiar with entry and exit points and was intelligently able to set up ambush points. This creature is no natural animal."


I agree Mird. Furthermore, it may be that this creature is a dimensional traveller, linked somehow to these mirror shards.

knowledge(planes): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33

Wow, does that give me any more info?

Thantos searches the room where the creature lies dead, his magical sight active for auras.


Female Human Sorcerer (favored) 4 / Witch 1

Intrigued by Thantos's supposition, Selena follows him into the room after making sure that no one else is horribly injured. Selena's butterfly flutters out of hiding.

"Is that really what you think it is, Thantos? I had a feeling something strange is going on with the mirror shards. And moving through them crossed my mind in many places. That the monsters we encountered were somehow from the shards."


Male Human Ranger 5

"Is it possible for use to move through the shards as well?" Mird wonders aloud.


The room you've now entered (2.5 on the map) is identical to the last room you were in.

Another soldier's barracks, each of the five cot/chest pairs stand undisturbed, but spots of dried blood around the room indicate more dead soldiers, even though the bodies are no where to be found.

One of the cots, up against the far wall, holds the now ubiquitous mirror glass shard propped up.

Cautiously moving into the room, you rifle the contents of the chests and give a thorough search to the room...turning up little more than you've turned up in these rooms in the past. Personal (and worthless) effects, clothing, and uniforms make up the majority.

Thantos:

Dimensional traveling creatures are not uncommon from your studies of the planes...and honestly short of direct, flawless teleportation (VERY uncommon as a natural ability within creatures), you can figure no other way by which the baboon like fiend managed to almost instantly transport itself from the first barracks to the second during your last battle.

You realize you HAVE seen mirrors everywhere you've seen the creature, and, so long as the creature has a way to transport into/out of a mirror, it would explain all occurrences of the creature and it's mobility.

You keep thinking back to the old mage and his debunked magical theory and wonder if, in fact, what the crackpot had seen really wasn't as flawed as everyone first thought...perhaps just misguided.

This still doesn't explain where these mirror shards are coming from (there's way to many of them and way too much glass to have come from any existing mirror or other glass objects around this tower), nor why the creature is/was "haunting" this tower in the first place.

You've searched room 2.5, do you wish to continue around the hall? Other preparations? Something else to do in the room?


Female Human Sorcerer (favored) 4 / Witch 1

Does it look like the mirror shard was placed there intentionally?

Sense Motive
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17


F Human Rogue 5

"So some sort of mirror demons are haunting this place, and every room that has a mirror in it is a potential attack. Wonderful."


Selena: Absolutely. From the various places where you've seen the mirror shards, there's almost no way they could have been anything BUT placed.

First, you've seen no evidence of any larger piece of mirror in any room except the single shard of mirrored glass...so it's unlikely that these pieces came from a larger piece within the room, indicating that each piece was put into each of the rooms you've been in intentionally. Secondly, the placement of each piece within the room (you remember the mirror shard, on a chair, stacked on top of a table) seems almost too thought out and two specific to have been random.

There's no doubt in your mind at all that these pieces of glass have been placed in each room you've been in intentionally, and the fact that not a single room has been skipped even further pushes you to believe that this is all absolutely intentional.


Male Human Ranger 5

Mird silently goes back out in the hallway and listens in to the next door and keeps an eye out in the hallway...

Stealth 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20
Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9


F Human Rogue 5

Lash's face takes on a look of focus as she thinks silently, her eyes suddenly widening with a sharp intake of breath.

"I have an idea! What if we take care of all the pieces we've encountered so far by placing them on top of each other....face to face, that way anything leaping out of one goes right into the other."


Thantos: Give me another Knowledge:Arcana and Knowledge Planes check. Anyone listening to Lash's postulate who wishes to (Lash particularly) please give me a perception check.

For the rest of you, I don't believe anyone has the magical theory / background information necessary to know what's in the knowledge check below...however, if you can manage a 25 (instead of 15) on either a knowledge arcana or a knowledge planes check you can read it.

Knowledge Check: Thantos-15, Others-25:

Your magical training leads you to believe there are more theories possible about how the creature enters/exits an area. While the party has come to some agreement on the mirrors being a key element in the doorway this creature used to get from place to place, your magical training allows you to grasp some additional possibilities.

First, it's possible that simply looking into or even AT one of the mirrors could allow the creature to use the "doorway" into it's alternate plane. There are notes in magical history where the object itself (not a property of the object) provides the foundation for the doorway...in other words, it's possible that the creature must see his reflection in the mirrored glass to transport, or he may only need to see the object itself (and not his own reflection).

Secondly, there's an additional possibility that the object (the mirror glass shard) is simply acting as an anchor for the magical doorway/portal and that the object doesn't even need to be in sight for the fiend to transport.

Lastly, there's still the possibility of the mirror glass being completely insubstantial to this entire discussion. A "simple" teleportation ability would allow the creature to do exactly what you've seen it doing so far without the mirrors being involved at all.

Perception 10:

Racking your brain you just can't remember a time when you've actually physically seen the creature "leap" from a mirror and/or actually exit the mirror itself.

Then there was the incident with the creature breaking off and running for the chimney. Only seconds after disappearing up the chimney there was no trace of it. It's possible that it could have scrambled up to another floor, but that kind of movement rate up a narrow, sheer incline like that would seem to be defying the normal laws of nature. It seems more likely that after the creature got into the chimney it "disappeared".

Thantos/et. al.: Feel free to put 2 and 2 together on this one for some large party experience. I could lay out the connections for you based on what you've seen so far, but I believe I've given you all the information required to solve the mystery of how this creature works...at least based upon the spoilers above. Feel free to ask questions clarifying past events if you wish to. You can skip the discussion, of course, as the mystery of what and how this creature works isn't THAT important, but here's some free experience staring you in the face.

We don't need to wait, as a party, for this mystery to be solved. We can do so on the move if the party wishes to continue forward...just give me a destination or another action to perform.


Male Human Fighter 5

Dirk smiles at Lash's idea, then chuckles as he is struck by an idea of his own, "We could face them all together, then prop the final one facing out a window."

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


Female Human Sorcerer (favored) 4 / Witch 1

Knowledge (arcana)
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Perception
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12


Knowledge(arcana): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24
Knowledge(planes): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20

There is much to speculate on, but little in the way of hard evidence. Let us discuss what we know. First, from the soldier's journal, we know that the masters of this tower brought a remarkable mirror into this place shortly before the slaughter took place here. Second, we know that every room that we have encountered thus far has contained a shard of mirrored glass. Does everyone agree?

As he speaks, Thantos collects some of the hair, teeth and other grisly gobbets from the creature, his raven familiar alights to feast on one of its eyes.

perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11


He continues, I don't think that this beast physically travels through the mirrors, but I also do not believe that it can teleport in an unassisted fashion. Up to now, it has only appeared where the shards appear, but it has yet to appear and then disappear while within view of the same shard. I think that this creature may be able to teleport to a shard that it cannot see, but that it cannot teleport again while it is within view of the same mirror shard. I can't know with certainty, but from what we have seen so far, and what my studies inform me of, this seems likeliest to me. He pauses, Then again, I have been wrong before. I will tell you all that I can, and perhaps one of you will come to a better conclusion.

Her purses his lips for a moment, then speaks again.

I have one other theory, but it hinges on another theory that I thought unsound long ago. It was once postulated that an alternate plane of reality existed within the confines of mirrors, and that creatures could exist in these alternate planes. Well, what if one such mirror was brought here, and broken, and wherever the broken pieces were placed, the creature that dwelt within could appear?

Info shared with all:

At one point, some knowledgeable wizard or sage of some renown had claimed, through some experience or another, that an alternate plane of reality existed within the confines of a mirror. And that within that reality existed creatures of some kind that could live within the dimension. The theory was quickly debunked when the debate over whether that plane of existence was attached to either the ethereal or astral plane came to an inconclusive halt. When no proof of attachment could be found and no other magical way of entrance to the plane could be proven the theory was written off as "uninformed" and the entire concept written off as an unknowledgable planes traveler ending up in some pocket plane somewhere created by one of a dozen magical items.

Thinking about the creature you just killed and it's habits, you wonder whether maybe the old theory might have had at least SOME truth to it. While you have no proof of an alternate reality connected to any of these mirrors or mirror pieces, it's become somewhat obvious that they do play some part in the attacks that have happened upon your group.

--------------------

Dimensional traveling creatures are not uncommon from your studies of the planes...and honestly short of direct, flawless teleportation (VERY uncommon as a natural ability within creatures), you can figure no other way by which the baboon like fiend managed to almost instantly transport itself from the first barracks to the second during your last battle.
You realize you HAVE seen mirrors everywhere you've seen the creature, and, so long as the creature has a way to transport into/out of a mirror, it would explain all occurrences of the creature and it's mobility.

You keep thinking back to the old mage and his debunked magical theory and wonder if, in fact, what the crackpot had seen really wasn't as flawed as everyone first thought...perhaps just misguided.

This still doesn't explain where these mirror shards are coming from (there's way to many of them and way too much glass to have come from any existing mirror or other glass objects around this tower), nor why the creature is/was "haunting" this tower in the first place.

---------------

First, it's possible that simply looking into or even AT one of the mirrors could allow the creature to use the "doorway" into it's alternate plane. There are notes in magical history where the object itself (not a property of the object) provides the foundation for the doorway...in other words, it's possible that the creature must see his reflection in the mirrored glass to transport, or he may only need to see the object itself (and not his own reflection).

Secondly, there's an additional possibility that the object (the mirror glass shard) is simply acting as an anchor for the magical doorway/portal and that the object doesn't even need to be in sight for the fiend to transport.

Lastly, there's still the possibility of the mirror glass being completely insubstantial to this entire discussion. A "simple" teleportation ability would allow the creature to do exactly what you've seen it doing so far without the mirrors being involved at all.

Any of those work? Best I can do I'm afraid.


Male Human Fighter 5

Looking over the group to see if anyone else has anything to add, Dirk merely shrugs, definitely not his area of expertise. "We may as well press on. Let's clear this place so we can get some rest."

I think room 2.1 is next.


The door to the next room on the floor you've not checked is already slightly ajar. Listening at the door you hear nothing moving in the room.

Cautiously, Dirk approaches and quickly enters the room, sword drawn as the rest of you follow.

Yet another barracks room, 5 more beds, 5 more chests, more blood, still no bodies. Doing a quick calculation, this floor must have held at least 20 soldiers, none of whom have left a trace other than their blood. Every room so far has had some kind of bloodstain, indicating at least someone was wounded or killed in the room...and the amount of blood in each room indicates major, probably fatal injuries to at least two or more people.

The bloodbath whenever this tower was attacked must have been fierce and frightening. It's hard to believe that that one creature could have been the only thing doing the damage, but an inexperienced military crew with mostly disorganized hired help could be overrun if the creature attacked each room separately in the middle of the night, calmly and quietly dispatching each of the soldiers.

Yet, you have no evidence this was done silently...and plenty of evidence (based upon the the damage and gore you've seen) that it was done anything but silently. Even inexperienced soldiers should have overcome a single creature before it ripped through them...and the first yell should have brought this entire tower of people down on whatever the danger was.

And then, if it was just the one creature, where are all the bodies? Even were the creature to have (*shudder*) feasted on those it killed, it seems impossible for the creature to have gotten rid of so many dead in such little time.

A mystery for another time, you think, as you proceed forward with your search of the tower.

The ubiquitous mirror shard in the room is again propped up on a cot against the far wall of the room.

Pretty good Thantos/et. al. We'll award 500 party XP for the puzzle you've partially pieced together. You don't have it completely correct, but elements are close. The only comment I'll make to what you've said is that the amount of mirror glass you've found so far could not have come from a single mirror...it's just physically impossible...some of the pieces you've come across have been close to two feet in it's largest direction and no piece of mirror us under a foot long to a side. Just with the pieces of mirror you've found so far, the mirror would have had to have been at least 8' in one or another direction and remember you've not found any "interconnecting" pieces that would indicate any one piece correlates to another.

Other than the same standard stuff in the chests as you've found in the other three of these barracks rooms, there's nothing additional of note you find here.

Next move? Something else to search here?

Thantos: You've got a bit of Skin, Hair and other samples of the creature.


Thantos puts the mirror shard into his handy haversack and says, I am ready to proceed.


Male Human Fighter 5

Ducking under the doorway, Dirk moves back into the hall and towards the next door.

Looks like 2.2 is the last unexplored room on the floor.

I've lost track, is Dirk still affected by the enlarge?


It lasts for 5 minutes, so DM's call I guess.


Female Human Sorcerer (favored) 4 / Witch 1

"Remember that the shards are too rough shaped, and even tumbled feeling with stone-like edges. I don't think they are really shards at all, so much as pieces of a mirror-like substance. Perhaps something from another reality." Selena says dreamily, as she watches Theras flutter around her head.

5 minutes is 50 combat rounds, give or take. In case we don't already know that.


F Human Rogue 5

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19


Apologies, this week has been nuts. Good news is my home Internet just got 10x faster. :) Lets get back to it.

The door to the last room on the floor stands firmly closed, but no more difficult to get into than any of the others. Lash's check for traps and triggers produces nothing and the door is not locked.

Cautiously, Dirk pushes the door open and the 6 of you file in.

The room looks almost identical to the first room you entered on this floor (2.3). A bed (not cot) rests up against one wall with a chest under it. Like in the first room copious amounts of blood stain the bed, walls, floor and ceiling and, as always, the body or bodies (a single occupant would be suggested by the single bed and personal effects) are no where to be seen.

The ubiquitous shard of mirror glass is on the floor by the door.

Actions?


Male Human Ranger 5

Mird stays by the door, trying to keep an eye on both the hallway, and the room interior with his bow and nocked arrow. He scans the ceiling of the new room to see if anything is up there.


Female Human Sorcerer (favored) 4 / Witch 1

Avoiding looking at the blood and gore as much as possible, Selena again examines the shard of mirror glass. Then she turns it over on the floor, trying to make it so the reflective side is away from the room.

Perception
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


Through all of your actions, the room stays quiet. No monsters jump out of the dark, nothing hangs waiting from the ceiling, nothing under the beds.

The shard of mirror glass looks to be the same as every other one you've seen in this tower other than by it's shape and size (again, the shapes and sizes of each piece are random, other than "large", there's very little similarity between each piece).

The room likewise doesn't provide any additional clues. You do manage to find that this is the Tower Sergent's room, but what information that provides to you is your best guess. A lack of descriptive personal effects or diary/documents leads you to yet another dead end in your investigation.

Outside, the howling of the wind continues and cold seems to radiate from the southern wall as the storm continues unabated.

You've cleared the second floor. Where do you wish to proceed next?


Male Human Fighter 5

Shaking his head, partially at the gory scene, and partially at the frustrating mystery of the mirrors, Dirk says, "We left unexplored areas on the first floor in our haste to get upstairs. Perhaps we should secure those areas before moving further up the tower."

If no one disagrees, move us to the door entering 1.5


I agree Dirk. Let's see to the first floor before we ascend further.

Thantos keeps the arcane sight of his detect magic spell active as he follows the big warrior. His raven familiar sits on his shoulder, its beady eyes bright and unfathomable.


The six of you descend the stairs back down to the exit level of the tower back into the stairwell and out through the south west door. You reach another hallway, one running only about 40' to the north west, with (other than the door you came through) a single door in the left wall (To Room 1.4) and a single door at the end of the hallway in front of you (Leading into room 1.8).

No mirror shard rests in the hallway and no signs of struggle can be seen here...it's one of the more 'pristine' areas of the tower you've visited since you came in the front door.

There's nothing really here to even search...there is no furniture or other places to store items or places where items or creatures could be concealed. Are you planning on going into 1.4 or 1.8?


Female Human Sorcerer (favored) 4 / Witch 1

Are there any dust markings or anything that might show where furniture used to be? Or has the hallway always been empty, presumably. She whispers something to the golden butterfly, which then flutters around the room.

Perception
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Theras' Perception
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


Thantos gestures silently to the Western door 1.4 as he fingers his spell component pouch.


The hallway is simply empty by design as far as you can tell. There are no marks where chairs or tables would have stood, the dust on the floor is fairly even.

I'll move to 1.4 at the end of the day if no one objects.


Upon opening the door, you recognize this room as obviously a storage room. A great quantity of dry goods necessary to the upkeep of an estate like this lay about on the floor, in boxes, on shelves, and in any other conceivable location. bolts of cloth, leathers, seasoned wood for carpentry and making weapons, furniture (stored either because it is obviously broken or probably because it wasn't needed or used), clothing stored in large wooden chests, etc. Propped up on one of the larger wooden chests is the ubiquitous mirror shard.

At least some of the dry goods are in some semblance of order, though a great quantity of it has been heaped in piles on the floor and in the corners, obviously ready to be sorted and arranged. There is no smell of mustiness or other dampness that would indicate any of the goods in the room are moldering or rotting, bespeaking recent upkeep and regular rotation of the goods in the room. Even the piles look to be in somewhat of an order (piles of leather scraps are separate from piles of cloth which are separate from piles of wool, etc.)

Those that are stored (shelved, boxed, etc.) are properly stored in singular locations with purpose.

You see nothing really of interest in the room at first glance. Obviously the contents of this entire room are valuable, but not in small, carry-able quantities...you estimate the room's worth to be about 1000g or so, give or take, but there must be thousands of pounds of goods here you would have to cart off to make that. You also note, with worry, that there are A LOT of places something smallish to even man sized could hide in this room...


Male Human Ranger 5

"I think we should take a moment to eat something and replenish our strength. I wonder if there are any arrows or bows in this lot..."

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Mird looks for some good rations to eat and something to drink along with bows or arrows.


Female Human Sorcerer (favored) 4 / Witch 1

Selena's gaze again falls on the shard, and she turns it over (face-down) on the floor.

"I am not even sure if doing that will help anyway." Selena speaks dreamily as though she is deeply concentrated on the task at hand.


Thantos takes in the assorted goods and sundries. Rather well provisioned, I'd say. Perhaps we could use this place as a base of operations, after we clear it out, of course. We would certainly need guards of our own, and smallfolk to tend the lands around us, but it would be good to have a place to call home. Perhaps I could even establish a library...

The mage wanders through the stores, taking stock of what is there and thinking towards a future that is possibly out of his grasp.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27

His raven flutters down onto an open sack of grain and begins pecking lustily at the kernels.


F Human Rogue 5

"In a room this big, just about anything could be hiding in here." Lash mutters studying the room suspiciously.

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25


Female Human Sorcerer (favored) 4 / Witch 1

Lena assists Lash by helping her look around the room.

Aid Perception
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


The six of you spread out while Selena walks over and places the mirror glass face down onto the ground.

I did I ever make it clear that both/all sides and all corners of the glass are shiny/reflective mirrored surfaces? It's not like a "mirror" which has one reflective side and generally a dull/backed side, this is much more like a block of stone with all sides reflective...not just this piece, all pieces have this same quality. I've probably never made that clear have I? I will say, that knowledge hasn't been "pertinent" to anything you've encountered to this point.

Mird walks around the room looking for various items and foodstuffs while the rest of you search the nooks and crannies for any threat in the room.

None of you turn up a whole lot. The majority of the room's contents are textile in nature, though a few barrels and / or crates do contain some bags of flower, things like dried beans and grains (corn and wheat grain being the two most common) that could be cooked (given a small quantity of water) to be edible.

Poking swords and daggers into piles of cloth and leathers turns up nothing either, no hidden animals or other creatures...not even the common rodent goes scurrying at your invasive approach.

It's been between an hour and 2 hours since you've entered the tower at this point...it's getting to be anywhere from mid-afternoon onto early evening you believe but the small light coming from outside does very little to identify the time of day...dark black clouds overhead continue to pour inches of snow on the land while the thunder you've heard has gotten to be less distinct and slightly distanced.

Are you planning on resting here for a while? Planning on moving on to the next room?


Male Human Cleric (4), Fighter (1)

Armand smiles at Thantos.

"I wouldn't begrudge you a home anywhere you chose my friend, but should I regain our kingdom, I believe I can promise you a better life than a lost and haunted tower in the middle of some southern duchy."

Winking at Thantos and smiling Armand continues.

"Though I know you wizards can be secretive and reclusive at times, perhaps, given some of the stories I've heard of wizards and their magical exploits, fifteen hundred miles away from my kingdom isn't such a bad place to re-establish your brethren's work?"

Armand's eyes glitter with mischief for a few moments and then dull slightly.

"That, of course, assumes we ever MAKE it to my kingdom with all of the known assassins in the lands of Norwold beating down our door to slit my throat."

Regaining a hint of his previous smile he says "Oh well, a King's life is never boring. At least all of those long hours being trained in military life as a kid weren't wasted hey?"


Male Human Fighter 5

Looking at the ground, Dirk chuckles softly as Armand's words bring back memories of better times. Shaking his head free of the old memories, he looks back up to the group.

"We should clear as much of this place as possible before darkness sets in. We can return to this room to rest if needed."

Though the faint scribblings on the map may reveal an upcoming fight in room 1.8... :) it is our next logical destination. I say we head there next, unless someone objects.


Thantos grins a bit sheepishly, Of course, we will not rest until the throne is yours, Armand. I do find this solitude comforting though, and the wild places sing to me in a way that the dead wood and stone of a city never can.

He sighs and places a small bag of flour into his handy haversack.

Well, I'm ready to proceed if the rest of you are.

Let's do 1.8


Drat my previous pencil writings and my inability to make them disappear! *shakes fist in the air* Damn you pencils, damn you! :)

As you move down the hall to the door into the next room on your map, you find it slightly ajar, as if it has been, perhaps, used recently. Lifting your weapons slightly in ready, you open the door and enter the room.

This room is HUGE. Easily filling the entire north west wall of the tower, and at least 30 feet deep, this room is filled to the brim with more goods and items in storage. A great quantity of goods necessary to the upkeep of the tower lay in various states of order around the room. Like the last storage room you entered some of the goods line shelves and tables and casks and crates while others just lay in piles on the floor. The same materials as in the last room seem to dominate this room, just more...lots more. Some of the plies of crates, casks or simply piles of cloth reach 5 to 6 feet high and are several feet in diameter.

Perception 15:

As you each finally enter the room and take in the scene a sound from deeper into the room (to the north and east of the door you came in) draws your attention. As you listen a scuffling and shuffling sound reaches your ears and in the dimness of the room's interior you THINK you might have seen a big pile of cloth moving slightly.

It really does sound as if some largish creature is behind, or maybe within, one of the piles in this room.

2,801 to 2,850 of 3,118 << first < prev | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rise of a Regent Campaign Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.