Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Rigor Rictus' Carrion Crown - Game Thread

Game Master LastNameOnEarth


2,551 to 2,574 of 2,574 << first < prev | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | next > last >>

| HP 17/17 | AC14 (T14 , FF11 ) | +12CMD | F +3 | R +4 | W +5 (+2 vs Fear) | Init + 8| Per + 7| Wizard 4

Zeth looks about with his head barely above water "Soon as Ried finishes his thing, I'd like to get out of this mess"


Killer GM

How long are you wanting to search? The water elemental has just shy of 4 minutes, but it is up to you how long you wish to linger.


Female Human Master Summoner 4 (AC: 16 [T: 12 /F: 14]; CMD 15; HP: 17/23; F+0, R+3, W+6 [+8 vs Fear]; Init: +2; Perc: +2)

Delia will only stay as long as the elemental does. She won't call another just to look for stuff that may or may not be present.

When Aerick claims they should return, she fixes him with her common pinched brow and hard set jaw. "Excuse me? We're done? Have you no compassion for those poor girls that lost their sister, and the rest of them that have lost a friend? Do you not think we should do our best to return her to them so that they may be affodred some sort of closure. Have you never lost a loved one?" When she gets to the last sentence there is the waver in her voice to indicate being on the verge of tears.

Instead she turns her back to him, takes a deep breath, huffs, and crosses her arms. Collecting herself she asks steely, "Would anyone be willing to at least help bear her back to them? I would have Father do so, but I am bereft of him until tomorrow." her voice softens at the mention of Father.


Male Desert Elf Crypt Breaker 3 / Archaeologist 1 F:4 / R:8 / W:3 (+2 ench/poison)
Spoiler:
  • AC: 13
  • HP: 12/32
  • Bombs: 7/7
  • Luck: 5/5 rds
  • Bard Spells (1): 1/2
  • Extracts (1): Bomber's Eye, CLW, Tgt Bomb Adm, Shield
  • Wand of Grease (12)
  • Ghost Salt Bolts 6/6
  • Bolts: 20/20

"I'll help carry her remains, Delia, once I finish searching the area."

Ried can sift 40,000 cubic feet in 4 minutes. Should just about cover it. :-D


Killer GM

Yes, he can canvas the whole area that way for sure. However, it is not on the order of say, taking 20 to search each and every square thoroughly. Given that, please give me a representative roll to represent the depth and quality of your search, or if you wish you can take 10.


male aethereon inquisitor of Pharasma 4 | hp 24/30 | AC 21, touch 14, FF 17, CMD 19 | Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +8 | Init +6, Perception +10, darkvision 60ft.

"Far be it from me to suggest that we leave the remains here, nor that we do not leave the family to mourn for their lost, but I do not wish to remain in this swamp any longer than is necessary. It has already very nearly claimed my life, and I do not believe that I was destined to end my path here." Aerick regards Delia with an impassive but unyielding glare, his eyes burrowing into her. "Do not mock me for not having lost. I have lost many, and lost much, and that is why I must live, and why my time is precious."

He approaches her, his hands beginning to glow. "Something tells me you have lost, too. Mourn, but then move on. Your loved one may have been taken from you, but there is more to life, and there are always important things to do. And please, you are injured. Allow me to heal you. Another compatriot lost due to an ambush or infected wounds would not be what this day needs."

Cure Light Wounds on Delia: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Male Desert Elf Crypt Breaker 3 / Archaeologist 1 F:4 / R:8 / W:3 (+2 ench/poison)
Spoiler:
  • AC: 13
  • HP: 12/32
  • Bombs: 7/7
  • Luck: 5/5 rds
  • Bard Spells (1): 1/2
  • Extracts (1): Bomber's Eye, CLW, Tgt Bomb Adm, Shield
  • Wand of Grease (12)
  • Ghost Salt Bolts 6/6
  • Bolts: 20/20

Take 10 will be fine


Female Human Master Summoner 4 (AC: 16 [T: 12 /F: 14]; CMD 15; HP: 17/23; F+0, R+3, W+6 [+8 vs Fear]; Init: +2; Perc: +2)

Delia allows him to heal her without protest, but as he gets close her demeanor softens, "I do not mock any who have lost loved ones. Mourn how you will, and I will do the same, but do not expect to tell me to move on. As long as I carry those I have lost in my heart, I will never get over the pain of their loss and absence, but do not think that it hinders me in any way. Quite the opposite, I am made stronger by the pain I bear, and I will carry it always."

Sadness is her schtick so much, that her last name is actually Russian for 'cry'


Killer GM

Water Elemental's Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

A quick sifting of the area reveals little one would want to lay claim to. There are numerous bones, though whether of animals or humanoids is unclear, given the fragmented state of them, and a few odds and ends. Besides one rusted long sword, there appears to be nothing of any value.


Male Desert Elf Crypt Breaker 3 / Archaeologist 1 F:4 / R:8 / W:3 (+2 ench/poison)
Spoiler:
  • AC: 13
  • HP: 12/32
  • Bombs: 7/7
  • Luck: 5/5 rds
  • Bard Spells (1): 1/2
  • Extracts (1): Bomber's Eye, CLW, Tgt Bomb Adm, Shield
  • Wand of Grease (12)
  • Ghost Salt Bolts 6/6
  • Bolts: 20/20

A quick detect magic before we depart and we are out.


male aethereon inquisitor of Pharasma 4 | hp 24/30 | AC 21, touch 14, FF 17, CMD 19 | Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +8 | Init +6, Perception +10, darkvision 60ft.

"Senseless." says Aerick, turning his back on her and slogging away through the muck. "Senseless suffering that you bring on yourself. I do not suggest that you forget your losses, but loss does not have to be pain. Not once you have wrapped your head around it."

He'll help collect the small-headed girl's remains, though he has no container in which to store them, but he is ready to go.


Female Human Master Summoner 4 (AC: 16 [T: 12 /F: 14]; CMD 15; HP: 17/23; F+0, R+3, W+6 [+8 vs Fear]; Init: +2; Perc: +2)

Her mouth drops agape at his insult, "Wha...? Senseless? How dare... egotistical insufferable... ARRRGH!" She is unable to form a coherent reply, and is left with her face pinched in anger, her arms rigid by her side with hands balled into fists. She huffs, crosses her arms, and as soon as his back is turned, sticks her tongue out at him. A smug look crosses her face once she feels she has appropriately returned the insult.


| HP 17/17 | AC14 (T14 , FF11 ) | +12CMD | F +3 | R +4 | W +5 (+2 vs Fear) | Init + 8| Per + 7| Wizard 4

Zeth tries to find something solid to stand on while he waits for the rest of the party to be ready to leave. "We should all try to remain positive people" Looking in Delia and Aerick's direction. "Do you mind holding that rusty sword up Reid? I want to check it on something." Zeth casts detect magic trying to determine if there was anything magical about the sword, or anything else in the water remaining in the area.


Killer GM

The sword seems to be exactly what it appears; a rusted blade, probably dropped by some other unfortunate victim of this monster.

Carrying the body back progresses fairly easily; wrapped in a blanket or cloak from a willing volunteer, the body is extremely light; both because the woman had a small stature (in addition to her undersized head), but also because much of the soft tissues of her body had already been dissolved by the monster's digestive tract.

As the team returns to the hill, the troupe of exotics has assembled on the verge, and is eagerly waiting, with tense anticipation on their faces, to hear what news the group might be able to bring. Kaleb Hesse, their garishly dressed troupe leader, steps forward. His face is stern, and he looks you each in the face, pointedly not eyeing the bundle you carry.


Female Human Master Summoner 4 (AC: 16 [T: 12 /F: 14]; CMD 15; HP: 17/23; F+0, R+3, W+6 [+8 vs Fear]; Init: +2; Perc: +2)

Delia has the others place the bundle gently on the ground as she addresses the troupe leader. "Kaleb, let me first offer my sincerest condolences. I almost hate to say that we found your companion, but we did not find her in time. She befell the dangers of the swamp, but we thought it best to return her to you all so that you may experience a sense of closure. If you would like, I will help if you choose to have a ceremony for her, otherwise you can ask us to leave you all to mourn in peace?"

Diplomacy 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18


Killer GM

At Delia’s words, one of two remaining pin-headed sisters turns to the others and buries her face in the shoulder and bodice of the other. The remaining woman’s face remains stoic in outward appearance, but her complete lack of outward expression, and the blank look in her eyes tell as much as any outburst of emotion could have. All around the circle, faces that were fearful, but holding out hope, instantly transform those looks of hope to those of sorrow. The grief among the Kin is so palpable, it is evident to any observer that each among their number was as close to them as any blood relation.

Their foreman steps forward to speak with the group, as the strongman steps forward to accept the body. When he is given the bundle, you can see the look of shock on his face at how light the burden is, but he says nothing, and returns his features to neutral as soon as he can muster the power. The group’s leader, Hesse, says, “I thank you, men and ladies, for the service you have rendered to us; if you have any need of aid, you can consider the Twisted Kin your allies. I had thought, had hoped, to give you this as reward for her safe return, but is seems improper to withhold it now. I don’t think I’d be able to look at it again, given the tragedy that has now befallen us.”

He passes you a small lacquered box. It is very worn, with the lacquer missing from pretty much every edge. However, it looks like it must have been a finely manufactured box at one point in its history. Finely inlaid woods of various cuts and hews are visible on the box’s worn lid. After handing you the box, he bows dipping his oversized top hat low, a stern look on his face. As he stands he gives one parting glance and a nod, genuinely grateful. Turning, he shelters the two small headed women in the crook of his long arm, and guides them back towards their wagons.

The box:
Within the box is an indentation within equally faded and frayed velvet, holding the shape of a fine looking gentleman’s dagger. Though old and well worn, it is obviously of fine craftsmanship. A scabbard is included, matching the styling of dagger’s own handle. Unsheathing the blade makes it eminently obvious that it is not a common blade. The hew of an adamantine blade is plain to any who have the knowledge to recognize it for what it is.
Detect Magic: The blade bears an aura of enhancement about it, in addition to its masterful construction and materials.

+1 Adamantine Dagger


male aethereon inquisitor of Pharasma 4 | hp 24/30 | AC 21, touch 14, FF 17, CMD 19 | Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +8 | Init +6, Perception +10, darkvision 60ft.

Aerick watches the proceedings between the Twisted Kin and their group's Delia with disinterest. He is glad the task is done, and when he sees the sorrow on their group's faces, he steps to the fore for a word. "Do not despair, circus folk. She has gone on to her ultimate destiny in the Outer Realms. Someday, you all shall join her there, provided you are of similar spirit. Do not despair, for your separation is far from permanent."

He has nothing further to say, but he looks with anticipation and some greed upon the blade of the reward. A fine weapon, he supposed. And one of his diety's favorites - the better to cut the throats of the suffering and the dying, and the better weapon to have around a home.


Killer GM

Moving on, due to lack of input...

The dagger: Spellcraft DC 23:
Apologies, I made a mistake on the dagger's qualities. It should actually be an Adamantine +1 Shapeshifter-Bane Dagger.

The night passes quietly, the Kin keeping to themselves and morning alone. Late in the night, the sounds of singing waft over from their wagons, as someone sings a dirge for their fallen member.

When first light approaches, Hesse returns to your wagon, his top hat in his hands. Having heard a few of the blessings espoused by Aerick, and perhaps recognizing the markings of the clergy born by Ember, he asks humbly if one of the pair might say the funeral rites, as they lay the girl to rest in a grave they've dug nearby.


Male Desert Elf Crypt Breaker 3 / Archaeologist 1 F:4 / R:8 / W:3 (+2 ench/poison)
Spoiler:
  • AC: 13
  • HP: 12/32
  • Bombs: 7/7
  • Luck: 5/5 rds
  • Bard Spells (1): 1/2
  • Extracts (1): Bomber's Eye, CLW, Tgt Bomb Adm, Shield
  • Wand of Grease (12)
  • Ghost Salt Bolts 6/6
  • Bolts: 20/20

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27

"Looks like this is more than simply an enchanted dagger made of a rare material. It has special properties versus creatures that can naturally change their shape. Handy in this country if my knowledge isn't off mark. Keep it close by."

Ried will attend the funeral, maintaining a serious and somber demeanor. He'll whisper the words to a long-forgotten elven dirge and wipe a small tear from his eye once the rites are complete, even offering up the spiral of Pharasma as he departs.


| HP: 27/27 | AC: 17 (T:11 , FF: 16 ) | CMD: 15 | F +6 | R +2 | W +7 | Init +3 | Per +6 | Channel: 7/7

Ember agrees to say final rites and send their dear companion to Pharasma properly.


male aethereon inquisitor of Pharasma 4 | hp 24/30 | AC 21, touch 14, FF 17, CMD 19 | Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +8 | Init +6, Perception +10, darkvision 60ft.

When he's asked, Aerick will go to the funeral, but he'll let Ember say the actual rites. Instead, he stands at the outskirts of the funeral and weaves the magic of his blood over the funeral, setting it in a pall of calm and holy magic.

Aerick is gonna use his consecrate spell-like ability over the grave.


| HP 17/17 | AC14 (T14 , FF11 ) | +12CMD | F +3 | R +4 | W +5 (+2 vs Fear) | Init + 8| Per + 7| Wizard 4

Upon returning to the wagons, and meeting the Twisted Kin peeps, the wizard checks that the delivery for the University hadn't been tapered with during the absence.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16


| HP 17/17 | AC14 (T14 , FF11 ) | +12CMD | F +3 | R +4 | W +5 (+2 vs Fear) | Init + 8| Per + 7| Wizard 4

If known to Zeth during the night of the grave digging, he approaches the Twisted Kin member and says with a touch on the shoulder 'Please allow me to ease your efforts friend'casts bull's strength And then quietly returns to his rest. "Farewell"


Female Human Master Summoner 4 (AC: 16 [T: 12 /F: 14]; CMD 15; HP: 17/23; F+0, R+3, W+6 [+8 vs Fear]; Init: +2; Perc: +2)

Delia thanks Kaleb and the Kin for the gift, claiming it unnecessary but expecting an argument. She attends the funeral, and tries to comfort the girls during. The next morning she begins her day by calling to Father to return to her side. She suggests that Ried carry the new dagger, as he's the most likely amongst them to use it within melee range. If she finds herself there, it's too late for daggers.

2,551 to 2,574 of 2,574 << first < prev | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Orlok Jr's Carrion Crown - Game Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.