Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Rigor Rictus' Carrion Crown - Game Thread

Game Master LastNameOnEarth


1,651 to 1,700 of 2,574 << first < prev | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | next > last >>

Killer GM

They are 5ft squares. However, any square containing villagers will be considered difficult terrain.


Female Human Master Summoner 4 (AC: 16 [T: 12 /F: 14]; CMD 15; HP: 17/23; F+0, R+3, W+6 [+8 vs Fear]; Init: +2; Perc: +2)

Delia is startled to see the flames turn into skulls, but is not actually surprised to see it happen. Vesorianna's hold must be slipping. Again, the politics of the council is slowing their progress. Acting like she did as the stirges appeared at the party, she summons the aid of the eagles to help the citizens.

Move, stand up
Standard, Summon Mastery 1d3 ⇒ 3 Celestial Eagles centered on the aisle as far out and as high up as she can (can't see the whole map at work).
The eagles start at the center, and fly toward the nearest skulls.
Eagle 1, Swift, Smite evil. Single attack, Talon 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Eagle 2, Swift, Smite evil. Single attack, Talon 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14, if hits 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 +1 if they are evil, +1 more if they are undead.
Eagle 3, Swift, Smite evil. Single attack, Talon 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21, if hits 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 +1 if they are evil, +1 more if they are undead.
Smite bypasses DR


Eidolon Biped (AC: 18 [T: 12 /F: 16]; CMD 17; HP: 18/18; F+4, R+1, W+3; Init: +1; Perc: +12)

Father runs up to the nearest enemy, striking it as hard as he can with his heavy fist.

Move, as far as he can to get to an enemy. If he can't get close enough to one, he will double move to stand as best he can between a skull and a citizen.
Standard, attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11, in the off chance that hits 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


Male Desert Elf Crypt Breaker 3 / Archaeologist 1 F:4 / R:8 / W:3 (+2 ench/poison)
Spoiler:
  • AC: 13
  • HP: 12/32
  • Bombs: 7/7
  • Luck: 5/5 rds
  • Bard Spells (1): 1/2
  • Extracts (1): Bomber's Eye, CLW, Tgt Bomb Adm, Shield
  • Wand of Grease (12)
  • Ghost Salt Bolts 6/6
  • Bolts: 20/20

Round 1
AC: 13
HP: 23/23
Arch Luck: 4/5
Bombs: 5/6

Ried reaches into his bags and pulls out a mixture of substances, quickly smashing them together and lighting a fuse. Calling upon his luck, he takes aim and hefts it at the closest group of baddies.

Swift: Archaelogist Luck, Free: activate Deadly Aim, Standard: toss bomb. Assuming corp undead so rolled a d8 for damage, d4 rolled next to it in case I'm wrong

Since Ried goes late in the round, he aims this to the largest collection of baddies. If he misses, he can move it +1/-1 in range to minimize damage. If he hits, he can eliminate up to 4 allies in splash squares

Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 5 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 5 - 1 + 1 = 15
Direct Hit Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 12 OR 1d4 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 10
Splash Damage: 8 = 8 (Reflex DC 15 for half)


Killer GM

Ried good buddy, you do realize that you are in a room packed with people, right? Explosives might not be the best tactic...


Male Desert Elf Crypt Breaker 3 / Archaeologist 1 F:4 / R:8 / W:3 (+2 ench/poison)
Spoiler:
  • AC: 13
  • HP: 12/32
  • Bombs: 7/7
  • Luck: 5/5 rds
  • Bard Spells (1): 1/2
  • Extracts (1): Bomber's Eye, CLW, Tgt Bomb Adm, Shield
  • Wand of Grease (12)
  • Ghost Salt Bolts 6/6
  • Bolts: 20/20

Precise bombs, I'm money. :) If I eliminate 4 squares and it still won't avoid hitting people, I'll use a targeted bomb admixture extract and attack next round.

I need to see the map at my turn but for example, i could hit the guy at E14 and eliminate the squares around him except for the dude to his NW.


Male Human Ranger (Shapeshifter) 3 { AC 13 | 18 of 35 hp }

Round 1

Baring his teeth, Valachi stands beside Kendra, defending her against any skulls that fly close.

Ready for approach. Move as required to stay with Kendra.

Claw: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12; Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Can't remember if these count as undead; if so, +2 to hit and damage.


Killer GM
Valachi wrote:
Can't remember if these count as undead; if so, +2 to hit and damage.

They do. Feel free to add it on to future rolls.


Male Human Wizard-3

Startled by the sudden conflagrations, Alistair tumbles backwards in his chair, as the skulls appear he leaps to his feet, and in his standard tactics, weaves a sign, forming a protective glyph as he chants, "arcaniss troth ve." Translucent purple energy materializes and snaps into place around Alistair in the shape of overly large armor plates, the energies are visible for only moments and they quickly fade as Alistair takes stock of what is happening around him.

Move actions: Stand up. Standard action: Cast Extended Mage Armor


Killer GM
Ried Wil o' Wisp wrote:

Precise bombs, I'm money. :) If I eliminate 4 squares and it still won't avoid hitting people, I'll use a targeted bomb admixture extract and attack next round.

I need to see the map at my turn but for example, i could hit the guy at E14 and eliminate the squares around him except for the dude to his NW.

Your call mate; I won't stop you. Keep in mind that most of the people here will be level 1 commoners with an average of 4 HP. Please be specific in noting which squares you would like to exclude (whenever possible).

Just waiting for Agnar to complete the round.


Male Desert Elf Crypt Breaker 3 / Archaeologist 1 F:4 / R:8 / W:3 (+2 ench/poison)
Spoiler:
  • AC: 13
  • HP: 12/32
  • Bombs: 7/7
  • Luck: 5/5 rds
  • Bard Spells (1): 1/2
  • Extracts (1): Bomber's Eye, CLW, Tgt Bomb Adm, Shield
  • Wand of Grease (12)
  • Ghost Salt Bolts 6/6
  • Bolts: 20/20

I absolutely won't throw if it's going to endanger folks. If I cant eliminate all squares, I'll use the targeted bomb admixture extract this round.


Killer GM

Round 1

Initiative Order: Alistair, Vashian, Skulls, Agnar, Delia, Gharen, Sheriff, Father, Kendra, Ried, Ember, and Valachi.

Alistair, seeing the commotion breaking out around him, breaks out with a strong instinct towards self-preservation. As he casts his spell, shimmering plates of magical armour fall into place around him.

Councilman Vashian Harthmount runs to the front of the stage looking towards the villagers. His right hand drops to his belt, looking for a sword he is not presently wearing. He shouts, his words mostly lost in the din, "Out! Everyone out! Don't press or those in the middle will be crushed!"

The skulls fly out chaotically, wizzing about just above the heads of the townsfolk. Some smash into walls or furniture, causing them to burst into flames upon the impact. One dives down hitting the fore of the stage, lighting it aflame. The others look for the nearest threat or victim, and fly at them like flaming battering rams.
Attack on Vashian: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Attack on Valachi: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18;Damage: 1d2 - 1 + 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) - 1 + (2) + (1) = 3= 1 Non-Lethal plus 3 fire, Reflex save DC 12 to reduce fire damage by 1.
Attack on Sheriff Caeller: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15Damage: 1d2 - 1 + 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) - 1 + (1) + (5) = 6= 1 Non-Lethal plus 6 fire, Reflex save DC 12 to reduce fire damage by 3. Caeller's Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Attack on Alistair: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Attack on peasant: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20Damage: 1d2 - 1 + 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) - 1 + (5) + (5) = 11= 1 Non-Lethal plus 6 fire, Reflex save DC 12 to reduce fire damage by 3. Peasant's Save: 1d20 ⇒ 4 He's struck viciously, and goes down, most likely dead.
Attack on peasant: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Attack on peasant: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2Damage: 1d2 - 1 + 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) - 1 + (4) + (3) = 8= 1 Blunt plus 7 fire, Reflex save DC 12 to reduce fire damage by 3. Peasant's Save: 1d20 ⇒ 1. He's knocked down.

Agnar stands from his chair, and draws his greatsword. He smashes it down on the skull in front of him that just lit fire to the stage (-A6). 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28; to confirm: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25; Damage: 4d6 + 12 ⇒ (6, 4, 4, 6) + 12 = 32. The skull disentigrates as the massive blow hits it, and the sword smashes through the stage as well. The massive speed and force of the blow flicks out the flaming wooden beams like a candle.

Delia stands, and summons some of her extra-dimensional allies to assist her. They fan out from the center of the room, each attacking one of the skulls. One fails to strike, but the other's succeed, raking at them with their claws. The flames surrounding the creatures bite back unfortunately, 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + (3) = 5; Eagle 2's reflex save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17, 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + (5) = 6; Eagle 3's reflex save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24. Eagle 2 is burned for 3, and eagle 3 is burned for 3 as well. The creatures are of course evil, so smite inflicts its extra damage.

Councilman Gharen Muricar steps forward, drawing his rapier. It hisses as it comes free, and bursts into flames with a woof. He makes a fine thrust at the skull that attacked Vashian (A9). 1d20 ⇒ 18; confirm: 1d20 ⇒ 19;1d6 ⇒ 5. The skull is pierced through and through, and winks out, becoming dead bone again.

Sheriff Caeller draws his longsword and strikes at the skull that attacked him (B13). 1d20 ⇒ 3. He misses.

Father moves round the burning fire, and slams his meaty fist down towards the skull that lit it. The swift skull is not where he lands his hand however.

Kendra raises a hand and unleashes a ray of white light towards the skull that attacked Valachi. Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 2 - 4 = 4. In her haste, the blast goes wide.

Ried assembles one of his bombs, and throws it at one of the skulls lighting the building afire (B4). The acid bomb hits the burning undead in a tightly contained splash, and begins to eat it away. It looses its flight, and the skull falls limply into the fire it set.

Ember dashes to the center of the room, in advance of the peasants that are likely to start crowding the aisle. He holds aloft her holy symbol and chants off a prayer releasing the white light of holy energy that drives off and destroys the undead. From where she is she will hit every skull in the building. I will roll to resist energy starting with the one at A12 and proceeding clockwise (7 remain). 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20; 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8; 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19; 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20; 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11; 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20; 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14; A13 and G7 fail and are destroyed; all the others take 3 damage. B13 was previously damaged by an eagle and so it is also destroyed.

Valachi steps in front of Kendra and hissing swipes at the attacking skull with his claws. Small and flying, the skull evades the swipe.

Now panicking for real, the villagers rise and begin to swarm towards the doors. Most seem to be making their way's out okay, except for a few in one corner, trapped by the fires and skulls.

The fires, burning unchecked, begin to grow, little by little.

MAP

Round 2:
Actions please.


Male Desert Elf Crypt Breaker 3 / Archaeologist 1 F:4 / R:8 / W:3 (+2 ench/poison)
Spoiler:
  • AC: 13
  • HP: 12/32
  • Bombs: 7/7
  • Luck: 5/5 rds
  • Bard Spells (1): 1/2
  • Extracts (1): Bomber's Eye, CLW, Tgt Bomb Adm, Shield
  • Wand of Grease (12)
  • Ghost Salt Bolts 6/6
  • Bolts: 20/20

If a square has a portion of villager and a full skull in it, are they both considered "in" that square


Killer GM

I presume you are referring to A12? He's about 8ft up, above head level, and could be considered in a separate square. All the others are floating, but at 'ground' level in terms of square.


Female Human Master Summoner 4 (AC: 16 [T: 12 /F: 14]; CMD 15; HP: 17/23; F+0, R+3, W+6 [+8 vs Fear]; Init: +2; Perc: +2)

Delia points at the remaining skulls nearest the birds, certain that the creatures would likely go after the closest ones. "Father, see to the wounded in the back." She moves down off the stage, toward the back of the room where the two had fallen. As she tries to make her way over and around the pews, the birds strike out, but are reluctant to claw at the flaming enemy.

What kind of action is it to try and put out a square of fire? Full-round?

Delia: Double Move toward the downed man in F6
Eagle 1: 7/7 HP from B5 to E5, single talon attack on the skull in F5 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13, damage? 1d4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5
Eagle 2: 4/7 HP full attacks skull in G6,
Talon 1 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Talon 2 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19, damage 1d4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 = 6
Bite 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Eagle 3: 4/7 HP from C12 to E13, single talon attack on the skull in E14 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Eidolon Biped (AC: 18 [T: 12 /F: 16]; CMD 17; HP: 18/18; F+4, R+1, W+3; Init: +1; Perc: +12)

Father attempts to help the injured man, making his way as best he can to him.

Move toward the man in G5
If he can make it, Heal check to stabilize 1d20 ⇒ 15
If a skull prevents him from doing so, he will attack it 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15, damage 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


Killer GM

So long as you have a mechanism by which to fight the fire, such as water, a pale of sand, a rug or tapestry with which to smother it (there are tepestries on the walls that could be pulled down for this task), etc., the fire can be extinguished via a standard action combat maneuver check. Each successful check eliminates one square of fire. (Not sure why it is a Combat Maneuver check as opposed to something else, but that is what is outlined in the source material. I think I'd allow a reflex check instead as a full round action to allow non-combatants to have a decent chance as well.)

I think Eagle 2 will have to make a Hover check with it's fly skill to be able to do a full attack. DC 15, it's check would be a 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27. No problem.


| HP: 27/27 | AC: 17 (T:11 , FF: 16 ) | CMD: 15 | F +6 | R +2 | W +7 | Init +3 | Per +6 | Channel: 7/7

Round 2, Init 3
Concerned for the injured villagers clouds Ember's face, and she makes the only decision that she feels she can.
Pressing forward in the crowd, she again channels, but this time to heal the wounded.

Move to D9.
Channel to heal: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 5) = 7
That should help the injured villagers and our wounded.
As Undead, the skulls get no healing.


Male Human Ranger (Shapeshifter) 3 { AC 13 | 18 of 35 hp }

Round 2

Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

"This is gonna get bad," Valachi says to Kendra. "Is there a window or other exit we can get out of?" He slashes at the nearest skull.

If it has moved by my turn, use the roll for a readied attack, as in R1.

Claw 1: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 2 = 9; Damage: 1d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 2 = 7
Claw 2: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 2 = 20; Damage: 1d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 2 = 6


Male Desert Elf Crypt Breaker 3 / Archaeologist 1 F:4 / R:8 / W:3 (+2 ench/poison)
Spoiler:
  • AC: 13
  • HP: 12/32
  • Bombs: 7/7
  • Luck: 5/5 rds
  • Bard Spells (1): 1/2
  • Extracts (1): Bomber's Eye, CLW, Tgt Bomb Adm, Shield
  • Wand of Grease (12)
  • Ghost Salt Bolts 6/6
  • Bolts: 20/20

Ried will drink a targeted bomb admixture.


Male Human Wizard-3

Alistair quickly recovers from his surprise, cowardice aside, his years of chess have given him a tactically oriented mind when he needs it. He quickly steps back and to his right, using the chairs as cover,(5-ft step to -B x 13) while stepping back he also pulls out his summoning bag and candle. When he reaches Kendra's flank he gives a small nod to Valachi as if to affirm to him that Kendra is protected, and to urge him toward the enemy.

He draws a deep breath and with it, power from the cosmos, his eyes close momentarily and when they open they are focused on something seemingly far away, and are charged with vibrant azure energies,(full round, casting Summon Monster II) "Aqua particularum veni foras!" With those words, a point in the hot dry air starts to cool, and moisture begins to congeal from nowhere. It gathers, one drop, connects to another, and another, a quick splash, that joins with another, suddenly it comes together, and begins to animate. A creature made of water appears in the middle of the Hall(D x 12).

The creature though small lets out a half pained, half, enraged shriek. It yells something that sounds very much like string of horrendous curses. It roils forward (5-ft step to D x 13) smothering the flames as it moves (Water Elemental Drench special ability) upward, onto the bench, taking itself off the ground. The water gathers into a pseudopod which rises up and slams toward the flaming skull.

Slam Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Cofirm Check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Damage: 1d6 + 5 + 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 + (2) + 5 = 13

The surreal limb of water slams into the creature, much of its limb hissing and crackling into steam, but enough of the mass connects to cause what seems to be catastrophic damage.

Synopsis:
5-ft step to -B x 13, cast Summon Monster II as 1 round action. Summon small water elemental to D x 12, uses drench ability to smother flames in D x 13 as he 5-ft steps there, climbing onto the bench, attacking skull in E x 14, slam attack crits for 13 damage.


Male Human Wizard-3

So re-reading the casting time rules. This turn, all I can do, is take the 5-ft step and start casting the spell, it won't go off until "...just before the beginning of your turn in the round after you began casting the spell." So the water elemental doesn't appear or take its turn until next round.


Killer GM

Sprry for the delay. My cold has come back at me for a second, violent, swing. I'll make every effort to update tomorrow.


Killer GM

Round 2:

Initiative Order: Alistair, Vashian, Skulls, Agnar, Delia, Gharen, Sheriff, Father, Kendra, Ried, Ember, and Valachi.

Alistair begins casting a summoning spell, losing himself in the intricate casting. You're right about the full round casting; only a few classes/archetypes can get around it. The summoner class can use their Spell like ability as a standard action, and Shaman Druids can cast Nature's Ally as a standard. I think that for everyone else, it is a Full Round Action. A water elemental is a brilliant idea for helping fight a fire though.

Vashian runs back to a corner of the room, opens a cabinet and pulls out a decorative two handed mace, likely some sort of ceremonial object. However, it is big and sturdy enough that it looks as though it would make an effective and impressive weapon.

The Flaming Skulls again weave and dive, attacking the building, defenders, and building alike.
Attack on Valachi: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6; Miss.
Attack on the Sheriff: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20; Damage: 1d2 - 1 + 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) - 1 + (5) + (3) = 8; Sheriff's Reflex save: 1d20 ⇒ 12; 1 NL+ 6 Fire damage
Attack on Building; F14 Ignited.
Attack on Building; G6 Ignited.
Attack on Villager in F7: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3; Miss.

Agnar moves to the table in the corner and yanks the covering from it, scattering the assembled and displayed contents of the table upon the floor. He turns and tries to smother the flames igniting that corner of the stage. Combat Maneuver Check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23. He snuffs of the flames there (-A4).

Delia hops down from the stage, and shielding her face agianst the heat of the flames on her right with her face, she takes wide steps from one pew to the next, managing to bypass most of the villagers (though still entailing difficult terrain). She is brought up short by one of the Flaming Skulls that moved into her path to attack a fleeing villager. The eagle she summoned continues its attack, destroying the skull with a swipe of its talon. Burn damage: 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + (4) = 5; Ref save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5. Though its talon strike destroys the skull, the bird itself is overwhelmed by the intensity of the flames, and vanishes, back to its home realm. Another eagle moves across the room, diving at another skull. It strikes, hitting and destroying the skull. Burn damage: 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + (1) = 6; Ref save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21. Uninjured thus far, the eagle is burned badly, but not destroyed. Eagle 1 has 1 Hp left. The last eagle turns and attacks yet another skull, destroying it as well. Burn damage: 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + (2) = 7; Ref save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5. Unfortunately, he is also overcome, leaving only one of the eagles to aid on this plane.

Gharen moves to the side of the stage, and then taking a page from Delia's book, runs over the tops of the pews, his flaming rapier poised to strike when he gets in range.

Sheriff Caeller swings his sword at the skull in front of him. 1d20 ⇒ 13;Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1. Though appearing to be only a glancing blow, the skull cracks and falls into the flames. Caeller steps forwards, trying to move beyond the flames before he is walled off from escape.

Father moves through the room, over pews and around flames, trying to reach one of the injured villagers. He was able to make it, but it required a double move. He can keep his rolls for next round if you choose.

Kendra fires another bolt of light at the last remaining skull. 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16;Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4. The skull fills with white light, and then shatters. None of the flaming skulls remain, but the room still burns, and smoke is filling much of the air.

Ember channels out her healing light, stabilizing and healing those still alive to receive the aid. Everyone in the room heals 7 HP.

The building does have windows, but the type would be hard to access. At the end of each row of pews the wall bears a window. They are all 10 ft from the ground, 2 feet wide and about 8 ft tall, meeting in two semi-arches that meet in a peak, in the gothic style.

Ried and Valachi may still act in the present round, but may wish to adjust their actions.

MAP


Male Desert Elf Crypt Breaker 3 / Archaeologist 1 F:4 / R:8 / W:3 (+2 ench/poison)
Spoiler:
  • AC: 13
  • HP: 12/32
  • Bombs: 7/7
  • Luck: 5/5 rds
  • Bard Spells (1): 1/2
  • Extracts (1): Bomber's Eye, CLW, Tgt Bomb Adm, Shield
  • Wand of Grease (12)
  • Ghost Salt Bolts 6/6
  • Bolts: 20/20

Ried halts with the extract at his lips and looks around at the fire, sees Agnar's success and runs to also grab a covering from a nearby table to put out fire

CMB: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19

If there are no tablecloths, he'll grab a curtain or worst case use a cloak.


Male Human Ranger (Shapeshifter) 3 { AC 13 | 18 of 35 hp }

Start escorting Kendra to the exit.


Killer GM

Ried runs to a table, but finding no more coverings, and the table contents scattered, he grabs a tapestry off the wall and rushes to smother a section of the fire.
He hops down to A6 and smothers the fire in A5

Valachi tries to help Kendra to the exit, but the center aisle is still packed with villagers pretty much right up to the stage. He moves her near the pulpit, and helps her down at the top of the aisle.

End of Round. Round 3:

Actions please. If you are going to fight the fire, tell me how. If you are getting to safety or doings something else, you can leave initiative order once you are out of danger. The map will be the same, as the villagers and fires are considered acting at the end of the round, and have already been moved for round 2.


Male Human Wizard-3

Alistair finishes his summoning, with no enemies, he leaves the water elemental to fight its own enemy, the fire. He decides he should join also, taking a step back from the flame Alistair removes his cloak, and pulls out his waterskins. He empties the contents of both unto the inside of the cloak, allowing the wool to soak up as much as possible before he starts to use the sopping cloth as a weapon against the blaze.

As I don't speak Aquan, I can't tell the creature what to do. I am guessing it will try and douse the flames, but at this point, I don't think its my call. I figure its at least one turns worth of actions to take off a cloak, and dump two water skins worth of water on it. Next turn I will start battering back again the blaze.


Male Desert Elf Crypt Breaker 3 / Archaeologist 1 F:4 / R:8 / W:3 (+2 ench/poison)
Spoiler:
  • AC: 13
  • HP: 12/32
  • Bombs: 7/7
  • Luck: 5/5 rds
  • Bard Spells (1): 1/2
  • Extracts (1): Bomber's Eye, CLW, Tgt Bomb Adm, Shield
  • Wand of Grease (12)
  • Ghost Salt Bolts 6/6
  • Bolts: 20/20

Ried moves on to either B4 or E4


| HP: 27/27 | AC: 17 (T:11 , FF: 16 ) | CMD: 15 | F +6 | R +2 | W +7 | Init +3 | Per +6 | Channel: 7/7

Ember moves to help Ried fight the fire, encouraging him to move to help the villagers cornered by the fire.


Male Human Ranger (Shapeshifter) 3 { AC 13 | 18 of 35 hp }

Continue escorting Kendra. Use brute force to shove the pews aside and widen the center aisle.

Strength: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21


Male Desert Elf Crypt Breaker 3 / Archaeologist 1 F:4 / R:8 / W:3 (+2 ench/poison)
Spoiler:
  • AC: 13
  • HP: 12/32
  • Bombs: 7/7
  • Luck: 5/5 rds
  • Bard Spells (1): 1/2
  • Extracts (1): Bomber's Eye, CLW, Tgt Bomb Adm, Shield
  • Wand of Grease (12)
  • Ghost Salt Bolts 6/6
  • Bolts: 20/20

Seeing Ember's point out, Ried skips over to that corner of the room to put out those fires.


Killer GM

Any actions for Agnar, Dleia, and Father? Haven't heard from Agnar in quite a while. Hopefully his Internet becomes reliable and life calms down and returns to normal soon.


Male Half-Elf/Kellid 3 Barbarian Wild Rager/Totem Warrior/1 Fighter Two-Handed Fighter

I thought you were waiting for Valachi and Ried to post than start up a new round will get to post soon. Sorry about that.


Male Half-Elf/Kellid 3 Barbarian Wild Rager/Totem Warrior/1 Fighter Two-Handed Fighter

Agnar having put out one spot of the fire, moves to attempt to do the same with more of the fire about hoping to put it out as quickly as possible.

CMB:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11


Female Human Master Summoner 4 (AC: 16 [T: 12 /F: 14]; CMD 15; HP: 17/23; F+0, R+3, W+6 [+8 vs Fear]; Init: +2; Perc: +2)

Delia takes a page from Alistair's playbook, and after thanking the remaining eagle for its aid, dissmises it. She then summons again, this time also creating a small water elemental, in the hopes it will combat the flames. The thing appears and lashes out at the flames.

As she does so, she sets Father to task, "Get the wounded out of here, especially those that can't move themselves."

Free, dismiss previous summon
Standard, Summon monster 2, water elemental into D4 away from people.
Elemental uses Drench ability to put out flames (non-magical flames of Large size or smaller).


Eidolon Biped (AC: 18 [T: 12 /F: 16]; CMD 17; HP: 18/18; F+4, R+1, W+3; Init: +1; Perc: +12)

Father nods at Delia's request, and stoops to help the two injured near him. He lifts them as best he can and makes his way to the door.


Killer GM

I read up on the douse ability, and then started to finish out the round as with previous rounds, and quickly noticed that with two water elementals using their douse ability, the fires will be out in a 2-3 rounds without too much difficulty. Without the elementals, continuing to track the event would make sense, but with them, this will be over quickly, and is only a matter of time. Therefore, we'll cut to the chase and narrate the end of the hazard.

The water elementals each take stock of the scene, and then begin fighting the fire in concert. As they close to each fire, they reach out to touch it, and douse it in a torrent of water that causes a brief eruption of steam. The villagers continue to push and strive towards the doors, and it is not long before they manage to escape. Within moments, a fraction of a minute perhaps, Alistair's elemental vanishes, its time of service complete. Delia's however, continues moving about the building and eliminates the last few spot fires. As the smoke and steam begin to clear, it moves and douses the hot coals, over and over, saturating the ashes and assuring the fire will not return on its own.

Valachi is able move Kendra to safety before the last of the fires goes out, and Father is able to pull the wounded man to his feet, and carry the second out into the rain.

Taking stock of the situation afterwards, it is evident that minor injuries are commonplace, and more people seem to be nursing twisted ankles, strained knees and hips and the like than people who are not. One boy, in his early teens has a broken wrist received when he was shoved into the door from behind, he doesn't know by who. Another middle aged man broke an ankle trying to jump over the pews. The only serious injuries however are the two men hit by the flaming skulls, and a woman who was forced to the ground and trampled before someone was able to pull her free. One of the men injured by the skulls was healed and revived by Ember's healing energies, though he still sports some evidence of burns. The other is unfortunately dead. The burns to the body are extensive, complrising most of the face, neck, and chest. He likely died moments after the impact, if not instantly. The woman has multiple broken bones, but it appears she should live.

Everyone is silent for the most part, though a few can be heard crying, and heavy, panting breaths sound from everywhere.


Male Desert Elf Crypt Breaker 3 / Archaeologist 1 F:4 / R:8 / W:3 (+2 ench/poison)
Spoiler:
  • AC: 13
  • HP: 12/32
  • Bombs: 7/7
  • Luck: 5/5 rds
  • Bard Spells (1): 1/2
  • Extracts (1): Bomber's Eye, CLW, Tgt Bomb Adm, Shield
  • Wand of Grease (12)
  • Ghost Salt Bolts 6/6
  • Bolts: 20/20

Ried looks around in dismay, running his hand through his hair."We've got to end this terror, soon!"


Male Human Ranger (Shapeshifter) 3 { AC 13 | 18 of 35 hp }

Valachi nods in agreement. Even though clear of the burning building, he stays on guard beside Kendra, hackles raised and ready for further assault.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23


Killer GM

Valachi: While there is a great deal of confusion and activity in the town square outside the hall, there appears to be no signs of danger, and the fire in the hall is now completely out. Beyond this, you will need to focus your attention on something specific to get more information.


| HP: 27/27 | AC: 17 (T:11 , FF: 16 ) | CMD: 15 | F +6 | R +2 | W +7 | Init +3 | Per +6 | Channel: 7/7

Ember tends to the injured as best she can, even using some of the charges in one of the Cure Light Wounds wands.


Male Human Wizard-3

Curious as to the origins of the flaming skulls, as they didn't seem to come in from the outside, Alistair begins to investigate the inside of the building, casting detect magic and examining the areas where the skulls seemed to appear.


Killer GM

Sorry Alistair, I thought I had posted a reply to your post, and was waiting for someone to act. The post is not here,so either it glitched, or I forgot to submit, or some such.

Alistair:
There are no magical aura's visible as you survey the building. Most of the superstructure is intact, so the building should be able to be repaired, given enough time. At the site where each fire began, the wall is burned completely through, leaving a hole through to the outside. In the absence of auras, it is impossible to say whether the skulls burned their way through from the outside, perhaps being attracted to the heat from the lamps on the other sides, or it they somehow teleported to those positions, or manifested out of the fires. In that case, the burning through would likely be due to those places being the start of the fires, and the longest burning.

Ember V:
Ember V wrote:


Ember tends to the injured as best she can, even using some of the charges in one of the Cure Light Wounds wands.

Seeing as these villagers have only an average of 4 hp each, and as closely gathered as they are in the village square, a single CPE would likely cure nearly every ailment received, and be a very efficient use of the ability.

The council members move among the people for a time, trying to calm nerves, and reassure those who are injured. They spend a particularly long time speaking with a woman who is wailing over the body of the fallen man. 1d10 ⇒ 5 You hear whispers saying, "Poor Taela. Grellis was so young. How will she get by without him?" Form the speak, it becomes apparent that the dead man was a local farmer, from one of the smaller farmsteads. He was married, but young enough that his wife and he had not yet had children. When the council members have each given her their condolences, they gather a ways off from the villagers to talk in private.


Male Human Ranger (Shapeshifter) 3 { AC 13 | 18 of 35 hp }

"This is the second or third time we've been attacked in town. I think we should avoid gatherings like this until this problem is solved."


Male Desert Elf Crypt Breaker 3 / Archaeologist 1 F:4 / R:8 / W:3 (+2 ench/poison)
Spoiler:
  • AC: 13
  • HP: 12/32
  • Bombs: 7/7
  • Luck: 5/5 rds
  • Bard Spells (1): 1/2
  • Extracts (1): Bomber's Eye, CLW, Tgt Bomb Adm, Shield
  • Wand of Grease (12)
  • Ghost Salt Bolts 6/6
  • Bolts: 20/20

"Wise, Valachi ... the town needs to avoid putting itself in places where people can be trapped, for now. Alistair, any ideas on how this started, so we can pass on info to the town guard? Regardless, we need to get back to the ruins and end this nightmare."


Killer GM

Just a reminder, but I believe the feast Delia had planned is scheduled for tomorrow.


Male Desert Elf Crypt Breaker 3 / Archaeologist 1 F:4 / R:8 / W:3 (+2 ench/poison)
Spoiler:
  • AC: 13
  • HP: 12/32
  • Bombs: 7/7
  • Luck: 5/5 rds
  • Bard Spells (1): 1/2
  • Extracts (1): Bomber's Eye, CLW, Tgt Bomb Adm, Shield
  • Wand of Grease (12)
  • Ghost Salt Bolts 6/6
  • Bolts: 20/20

Oh and before I forget, Ried will apply 1 does of ghost salt to 10 of his bolts before the party reenters the dungeon.


Female Human Master Summoner 4 (AC: 16 [T: 12 /F: 14]; CMD 15; HP: 17/23; F+0, R+3, W+6 [+8 vs Fear]; Init: +2; Perc: +2)

Has it already been a week? It's tough to keep track at the table, let alone in PbP.

Delia tries to comfort the woman as best she can, sympathetic to her loss. "I'm sorry I could not act faster. I tried to get to him as soon as I could. If you ever need to talk, come see me when I'm around."

As the council gathers, Delia storms up to them, frustration and anger obviously her prominent emotions. She points to the crying woman and her dead husband. She yells quietly through clenched teeth, so as to not be overheard, almost as one would reprimand a child in public. "This! This is EXACTLY what I was talking about. I kept telling you that you were causing us delays. Because of that we have been slow to find and remove the cause of these events. If you would have held on to your blasted politics until the whole affair has been resolved, this man may not have lost his life. We need to get back in there, remove the threat, and avoid anymore of these ridiculous meetings until we have finished."


Male Human Wizard-3

As the town’s folk take stock of their loss, and the mourning of Grellis begins, Alistair spends a bit of extra effort to be nowhere near the mourning. Instead he busies himself with further investigations of the structure. He examines the outsides of the structure, trying to determine if the creatures entered from the outside, or holes came from the inside out. He also takes to examining the surrounding area, looking for scorch marks nearby leading up to the building.

Knowledge Engineering: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 12

In response to Ried's question, Alistair holds up his hand in a gesture to ask for a few more moments time. Almost as if he were waiting for a mysterious narrator to announce the findings of his investigation.

1,651 to 1,700 of 2,574 << first < prev | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Orlok Jr's Carrion Crown - Game Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.