Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Rigor Rictus' Carrion Crown - Game Thread

Game Master LastNameOnEarth


1,151 to 1,200 of 2,574 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>

Male Desert Elf Crypt Breaker 3 / Archaeologist 1 F:4 / R:8 / W:3 (+2 ench/poison)
Spoiler:
  • AC: 13
  • HP: 12/32
  • Bombs: 7/7
  • Luck: 5/5 rds
  • Bard Spells (1): 1/2
  • Extracts (1): Bomber's Eye, CLW, Tgt Bomb Adm, Shield
  • Wand of Grease (12)
  • Ghost Salt Bolts 6/6
  • Bolts: 20/20

"Likening magical beasts to vermin may be a bit elementary,especially considering they aren't here every day, but that's immaterial, if Ms Kendra is the concern, we'll move on." Ried forces a smile.


| HP: 27/27 | AC: 17 (T:11 , FF: 16 ) | CMD: 15 | F +6 | R +2 | W +7 | Init +3 | Per +6 | Channel: 7/7

"I'm sorry, but I'm feeling a bit tired," Ember says, looking for something to wipe the blood off her hand. "And I should be studying for tomorrow's haunts also."

Turning to the host, she continues, "Master Gharen, please forgive me for leaving this soon. I did have a wonderful time, and you are a fine host. I would be pleased to be invited to another party like this another day."


Killer GM

Kendra looks a bit ruffled around the edges, but she is still focused and present. "Thank you, I am unharmed. All of you, thank you for your help here."

Gharen finishes ushering the rest of his guests into the house, and then he steps back towards the group. The last Stirge he killed is still skewered on his rapier. "Well that puts an ending to an otherwise fine night." When he hears Ember's comments he gives an ironic laugh, "My lady, if I throw another party like this one I fear no one will attend another my events ever again! But thank you for being so kind. I am glad you enjoyed yourself, up until the interruption at least."

Gharen walks around the balcony, looking at the creature's bodies. He spies the bandstand and sees the minstrel's instruments abandoned upon it. He gestures towards it with his sword, the body of the Stirge skewered through and looking like nothing so much as a chicken on a spit. "Damned foul beasts flew right past the musicians to get to my guests. I have nothing against bards, but it'd be a lot easier to clean up this mess if they'd been the ones attacked. As it is I'll hosting parties for months just to get the memory of this night out of their minds, if I can even get them to come..."

He snatches up a fine linen serviette from a table and using it finally pushes the dead monster from his sword and cleans the blade. "Had I known I'd be using it, I would have worn my good sword. I believe there was some question about whether these creatures were local? Believe me, I have never heard of them anywhere in the vicinity of the village, and nothing like this attack has ever happened here before." He eyes the group for a moment. "There have been a few mutterings about the ill luck of having outsiders around. I hope superstitions don't get the better of anyone. This town has been seeing a rash of bad luck lately. Sooner or later it is going to start weighing heavily on the minds of the locals. You'd best find an answer to the question of whether Harrowstone is at fault, and sooner as opposed to later."

Disease Exposure:

Ember: 1d100 ⇒ 18
Ried: 1d100 ⇒ 51
Valachi: 1d100 ⇒ 37
OOC Knowledge: No one was exposes to disease during this Stirge encounter, so no saves will be needed.


Male Human Ranger (Shapeshifter) 3 { AC 13 | 18 of 35 hp }

Valachi nods to Gharen, "Perhaps we should head back and rest; tomorrow will be another foray into the prison."


Male Desert Elf Crypt Breaker 3 / Archaeologist 1 F:4 / R:8 / W:3 (+2 ench/poison)
Spoiler:
  • AC: 13
  • HP: 12/32
  • Bombs: 7/7
  • Luck: 5/5 rds
  • Bard Spells (1): 1/2
  • Extracts (1): Bomber's Eye, CLW, Tgt Bomb Adm, Shield
  • Wand of Grease (12)
  • Ghost Salt Bolts 6/6
  • Bolts: 20/20

Ried offers Ember a hankerchief as she departs, but a bit absent-mindedly as he studies one of the creatures.

Eventually he turns to whomever is left, "Tomorrow to Harrowstone, then? Anything I need to know to prepare for ... make sure I mix up the right stuff, you know."

To Gharen, smiling "Interesting you promised ... I see you haven't held back anything. Good to see you again, old friend. Until the morning." and Ried heads to his room to prepare extracts.


Female Human Master Summoner 4 (AC: 16 [T: 12 /F: 14]; CMD 15; HP: 17/23; F+0, R+3, W+6 [+8 vs Fear]; Init: +2; Perc: +2)

Delia bows formally before Gharen, thanking him for the invite. As she walks away she consistently reassures Father that she was not injured, and that he need not fuss. Calling out to the others she adds, "I need to make a stop by the smith's forge in the morning before we go, see if she has finished the adjustments to my armor."


Male Human Ranger (Shapeshifter) 3 { AC 13 | 18 of 35 hp }
Ried Wil o' Wisp wrote:
Eventually he turns to whomever is left, "Tomorrow to Harrowstone, then? Anything I need to know to prepare for ... make sure I mix up the right stuff, you know."

Val replies, "I'm not smart on what you need, but so far we've just encountered a number of different hauntings. And there were the flaming skeletons in the graveyard, but that was different. Still..." Without anything else he can think of, Val just shrugs.


Killer GM

The group returns to Kendra's home together, and makes themselves busy for what remains of the evening. Ember is able to do her research, and Zhan uses the time to reload the expended shells he has used thus far in Ravengro and Harrowstone.

[/ooc]Is there anything anyone would like to do this evening?[/ooc]


Killer GM

The group returns to Kendra's home together, and makes themselves busy for what remains of the evening. Ember is able to do her research, and Zhan uses the time to reload the expended shells he has used thus far in Ravengro and Harrowstone.

Is there anything anyone would like to do this evening?


Male Human Ranger (Shapeshifter) 3 { AC 13 | 18 of 35 hp }

On the way back, Valachi works up his courage and walks beside Kendra. "I'm sorry our dance was cut short. Umm... maybe another time?" he asks furtively.


Killer GM

Make a Diplomacy check if you don't mind.

"Maybe. That would be nice. However, I don't know how many other chances for dancing we might get." She walks on silently for a minute. "Thank you, for defending me I mean. Those creatures were vile. It was brave of you to step in front of me. I'm sorry you were injured on my behalf though."


Female Human Master Summoner 4 (AC: 16 [T: 12 /F: 14]; CMD 15; HP: 17/23; F+0, R+3, W+6 [+8 vs Fear]; Init: +2; Perc: +2)

Delia decides to try and assist Ember in her research, finding anything on these haunts could only help. She will wait until morning to check with Jorfa the smith.

Delia took a rank in Know: Religion, so she can help out when we deal with the haunts and monsters we may find at the prison.


Male Human Ranger (Shapeshifter) 3 { AC 13 | 18 of 35 hp }

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 ... /facepalm!

"It was my pleasure... I mean, well, not a 'pleasure', but... ummm..." Val stutters into embarrassed silence.


Male Desert Elf Crypt Breaker 3 / Archaeologist 1 F:4 / R:8 / W:3 (+2 ench/poison)
Spoiler:
  • AC: 13
  • HP: 12/32
  • Bombs: 7/7
  • Luck: 5/5 rds
  • Bard Spells (1): 1/2
  • Extracts (1): Bomber's Eye, CLW, Tgt Bomb Adm, Shield
  • Wand of Grease (12)
  • Ghost Salt Bolts 6/6
  • Bolts: 20/20

Ried will prep shield as an extraction and leave 2 slots open for prep in the dungeon as required.

FYI being a part-time bard, Ried has all knowledge skills, but is particularly skilled in Arcana, Religion, Dungeoneering & Local


Killer GM

Kendra smiles and laughs into her hand at Valachi's comment. After a moment she composes herself and speaks with a very purposely level tone, though still smiling at the edges of her lips, "I am pleased you enjoyed the evening, Valachi."


Male Human Ranger (Shapeshifter) 3 { AC 13 | 18 of 35 hp }

Valachi turns red, but manages a warm smile back at Kendra.


Killer GM

The rest of the trip back to the house is uneventful, and the team is able to treat their wounds, clean up yet again, and get some work done over the rest of the evening. Ember and Delia spend time in Petros' library, studying and trying to find information on haunts. However, they find that the Professor's selection is woefully lacking on spiritual and religious texts, and so not much in he way of helpful info is discovered on that topic. Morning arrives without incident. Unlike yesterday's light drizzle, today features a solid rain, and gray dominates the early hours.

Alastair: You arrived in the wee hours late last night on a late coach. You feel an eager anticipation knowing that you are near your goal. The last few weeks have been rough, ever since the events that irrevocably altered your family, and changed your position in life. When you arrived at the University, you were sorry to discover that the man you sought was no longer working, but had retired some time ago. A disappointing setback, but not altogether surprising considering the dates of publications listed in your books. The staff you talked to we're kind enough to let you know he had settled it he village of Ravengro, and provide you with directions. You took a room for the night in the inn, considering he late hour, but we're restless knowing who you would get to meet in the morning. The innkeep gave you directions to his house at breakfast, though she had an odd look on her face when she was telling you. Now you are walking down the walk to the front door.


Female Human Master Summoner 4 (AC: 16 [T: 12 /F: 14]; CMD 15; HP: 17/23; F+0, R+3, W+6 [+8 vs Fear]; Init: +2; Perc: +2)

Delia starts the day as usual. She gets up, summons Father, and helps him dress up to better pass as human. She has errands to run, and she hates when people stare. In her haste to get going, though, she is far from helpful. Then she heads downstairs to the kitchen to throw together a nice meal for the group. She decides to make fresh biscuits, fries up a rasher of peppered bacon, and then covers it with a nice soft-boiled egg.

Aid another disguise check 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Profession (Cook) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


Eidolon Biped (AC: 18 [T: 12 /F: 16]; CMD 17; HP: 18/18; F+4, R+1, W+3; Init: +1; Perc: +12)

Father decides to brush Delia's hands away from his outfit, she kept getting the buttons unmatched. Using his experience, he tries to set himself up to maintain the proper appearances. His blocky wooden hands make no more headway than Delia had before he gives up and follows her downstairs.

Disguise 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


Male Human Wizard-3

Alistair knocks furtively and rapidly, both eager anticipation and abject terror pushing his movements. He begins rubbing at his signet ring, a nervous habit he picked up during the early days of his training.

"He-hello! m-my name is Alistair Tyr....umm, Alistair, my teacher Edmund was a friend of the professor, I've come to seek your teachings, and offer my services...Hello?"


Male Human Ranger (Shapeshifter) 3 { AC 13 | 18 of 35 hp }

Valachi answers the door, looking the nervous man up and down suspiciously before saying "The professor is no longer with us."


Male Human Wizard-3

"N-n-no longer with you? When will he return? Is he off on one of his lecture circuits? Does he need an assistant? I could leave at once, is there a coach, no, no, no, I can ride, I'm not a great rider, but I could leave at once!"Alistair’s eyes wander, even as the speed of his speech increases, nervousness and excitement obviously fueling him even more."Wait, I haven't prepared for travel today, maybe the coach would be better, but traveling alone would definitely be faster. I could prepare, first, get some more supplies, then I would be ready, and could ride hard all day, maybe it would be faster to wait, but I would have to do the calculations, maybe I should gather supplies now, and leave afternoon today, or perhaps..." Now once again addressing the man before him"Pardon good sir, but perhaps I could come in, it seems I have some calculations to do, before I depart and......Wait! How folly of me, I didn't even ask where the professor went to, how am I to do proper calculations if I don't even know my destination?

Alistair finally pauses to inhale, but seems as though after finishing with the annoyance of having to breathe he intends on continuing on with his discourse.


| HP: 27/27 | AC: 17 (T:11 , FF: 16 ) | CMD: 15 | F +6 | R +2 | W +7 | Init +3 | Per +6 | Channel: 7/7

Ember prepares herself for the day. Noting that there is a rain, she sets out her grey hooded cloak for wear to Harrowgate.
Then, after her prayers, she steps down to greet the others at breakfast.
Noticing Valachi at the door, she drifts in that direction, curious as to who might be calling so early in the day.

"Valachi, is that Father Petros or the Sheriff?" she asks, trying to guess who the caller might be.


Male Desert Elf Crypt Breaker 3 / Archaeologist 1 F:4 / R:8 / W:3 (+2 ench/poison)
Spoiler:
  • AC: 13
  • HP: 12/32
  • Bombs: 7/7
  • Luck: 5/5 rds
  • Bard Spells (1): 1/2
  • Extracts (1): Bomber's Eye, CLW, Tgt Bomb Adm, Shield
  • Wand of Grease (12)
  • Ghost Salt Bolts 6/6
  • Bolts: 20/20

Ried packs up his lab in the morning after prepping his extracts and mutagen. He piles on his gear and jaunts out to meet everyone and is immediately caught by the scent of bacon. Only momentarily glancing at the gathering at the door, he proceeds to the kitchen mumbling, "Everything's better with bacon ... best human discovery ever."

Praying that Delia made enough, he tentatively pokes his head in with an apologetic yet slightly anticipatory, almost predatory, look, "Ahhh, I don't suppose there's ... ahh ... enough for the new guy?"


Male Human Wizard-3

Having his ramble derailed, Alistair is once again confronted with reality. Scanning the area, he catches a glimpse of the newcomer, processing that with the voice he had just heard, he realizes a lady is approaching. With the realization dawning on him, Alistair’s awkwardness factor increases tenfold.

"M-m-m-m-my lady, how do you do?"Standing motionless, staring blankly at her for just longer than is comfortable before remembering to render proper courtesies. Alistair hastily bows, "P-pardon me, I've been on the road for quite a time, m-my name is Alistair, I hear the professor is out, so I thought I might come in and get some details before I depart to meet him, and I thought......Do I smell bacon?"


Male Half-Elf/Kellid 3 Barbarian Wild Rager/Totem Warrior/1 Fighter Two-Handed Fighter

Agnar comes downstairs smelling the meat before saying "Hope it tastes like mammoth." He than sees Ember, and Valachi talking to someone at the door. Being bored he leans against a wall to see who it is.


| HP: 27/27 | AC: 17 (T:11 , FF: 16 ) | CMD: 15 | F +6 | R +2 | W +7 | Init +3 | Per +6 | Channel: 7/7

"I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news, Master Alistair, but Professor Lorrimer has passed on not long ago," Ember says solemnly. ”We have recently buried him.”
’And I pray to Pharasma that he remains buried this time,’ she thinks.
”I should not be the one speaking to you of this, it should be Lady Kendra Lorrimer. But since she is indisposed at this time…”
”Might I ask what your business was with the late Professor?”


Female Human Master Summoner 4 (AC: 16 [T: 12 /F: 14]; CMD 15; HP: 17/23; F+0, R+3, W+6 [+8 vs Fear]; Init: +2; Perc: +2)

Delia calls out from in the kitchen, "Who's at the door? If they are staying let me know, I can throw a few more eggs on. Either way, hurry up, or it will all get cold."


Male Human Wizard-3

"P-p-pa-past, passed on?" Alistair's nervous, anxious, and excited energy seems to visibly deflate from him. In fact he seems to be bodily shrinking. Alistair pulls a book from his pack, and stares at it as he sinks to his knees.

"B-but he...he can't be dead...I...I have nowhere else to go. I..." Alistair clambers to his feet again, even while choking back sobs and quiet tears begin to stream down his face. He then says just loudly enough to be barely audible, all the nervous energy of before vanished. "I am sorry to have bothered you, have a good day."

With the valediction, he steps down from the front stoop and turns to walk away.


Male Half-Elf/Kellid 3 Barbarian Wild Rager/Totem Warrior/1 Fighter Two-Handed Fighter

Agnar looks at the new comer oddly before saying to Ember "Did you just cause him to cry?"


| HP: 27/27 | AC: 17 (T:11 , FF: 16 ) | CMD: 15 | F +6 | R +2 | W +7 | Init +3 | Per +6 | Channel: 7/7

"I...I did not mean to," Ember replies to Agnar, some of her composure lost by Alistair's reaction.

"Was... Was I wrong to speak to him thusly? And he didn't say what his business was with the late Professor," Ember dithers. "Valachi, at least see him in until we can sort this out."

"I've made a mess of things, haven't I?"


Killer GM

Kendra comes down the stairs just in time to catch this last exchange. At the sight of the newcomer in tears she rushes down the stairs to catch him. She dashes to the door and grabs his arm, pulling him back inside from the rain. "I'm sorry sir, I didn't catch your name. Did you say you knew my father?"


Male Human Wizard-3

Alistair turns back, but keeps his gazed fixed on the book possibly in an effort to hide his despair. "Lady Lorrimer, I am so sorry for your loss. Alas it was not I who knew your father it was my ma...My former master Edmund who knew him. Being a student of a friend of his, and being that I, umm, I, no longer had...employment. I came here to seek him out, as I have long been a fan of his works, and had heard stories of his inspirations from my master."

Alistair uses the folds in his robes to wipe at his face, while he struggles to regain his composure.


Killer GM

"Well, come in and have breakfast at least. I am sorry for you as well that you were not able to meet him. We are still mourning his loss and trying to deal with the void his absence has left. An admirer of his works would be most welcome during this time.". She leads Alastair into the dinning area and shows him to a seat, and signals one of the company in the kitchen to bring their guest a plate. "So why are you seeking him? You mentioned something about losing your previous employment?"


Male Human Wizard-3

Alistair looks relieved at as Kendra leads him inside. "Yes well, the lords of my former house passed away in the night. My services were...no longer needed. So I departed, having naught elsewhere to go, I sought out the author of my most favorite books. His theorems and postulates were simply divine in origin. I was hoping to help him, be his page, or assistant. Perhaps attend his lectures, maybe even teach his works at the university."

Alistair grins as a setting is made for him at the table.


Male Desert Elf Crypt Breaker 3 / Archaeologist 1 F:4 / R:8 / W:3 (+2 ench/poison)
Spoiler:
  • AC: 13
  • HP: 12/32
  • Bombs: 7/7
  • Luck: 5/5 rds
  • Bard Spells (1): 1/2
  • Extracts (1): Bomber's Eye, CLW, Tgt Bomb Adm, Shield
  • Wand of Grease (12)
  • Ghost Salt Bolts 6/6
  • Bolts: 20/20

"Theorems & postulates? My good man, those are no substitute for what can be found in the depths of ancient ruins. Books are great for background, but the real excitement and learning in his unearthing what hasn't been touched by sentient hands for eons!" Ried exclaims between bites of eggs & bacon ..."Heavenly, Delia ... absolutely perfect!"

The tanned elf extends a hand to the newcomer introducing himself, "Ried, new to town as well. I'd be interested in hearing what brings an academic way up north?"


Female Human Master Summoner 4 (AC: 16 [T: 12 /F: 14]; CMD 15; HP: 17/23; F+0, R+3, W+6 [+8 vs Fear]; Init: +2; Perc: +2)

"Thank you, Ried, I was in the moment." To the newcomer, Delia acts as she is wont to do. She sits at the table and looks over the new fellow with scrutiny. "And just WHAT would cause the lords to pass in the night? Are their specific aspects of the Professor's work that you find more interest in than others? You mentioned the divinity of his work, a particular religion you may be following from his work?"

As she speaks, more intense with each question, Father comes to stand behind her. His arms are crossed, staring down the man, his blank expression everpresent.


Male Human Wizard-3

Turning to answer the newcomer.Well, umm there was something of...well, I'm not entirely sure what, but my pa...err, my umm, my, partons, they were. Well in the morning they had passed...and I was no longer want...needed there, so I departed."

Attempting a bluff check.
Bluff: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Turning to address Mr. Reid.

"I know what you mean about the excitement of ancient ruins Mr. Reid, the Professor's book, on the ancient ruins near Ravengro was superb."

Making some knowledge checks about interesting structures and ruins that I might have read about in the area, especially any the the Professor might have written about extensively.
Knowledge History: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Knowledge Engineering: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

Alistair begins to ramble again about some of the ancient or interesting structures in the area he has learned about in his studies.

Curse you ninjaing Delia


Killer GM

An important side note here would be that the professor never wrote a book about any ruins near Ravengro. Such a book would be an invaluable resource right about now, but the truth is, that like most, the professor had overlooked the ruins and assumed as everyone else had that the haunting was either just rumor, or at best unrelated to any of his true research. He would therefore never have mentioned it in any of his works, beyond mentioning it in passing at best (as in 'rumors of hauntings are common, and even my own town has a site held by local reputation to be haunted'). Any books, or more likely scholastic papers, written by the professor would have been on fundamental issues of magic, like those written by any wizard, or relating to the practice of necromancy and regulating and/or policing it's practitioners. Alastair, with this in mind, you may want to revise your last post, unless your mention of such works was meant to be a part of your bluff.


Male Human Wizard-3
Alistair ex Tyriel wrote:


Turning to address Mr. Reid.

"I know what you mean about the excitement of ancient ruins Mr. Reid, the Professor's book, on the ancient ruins near Ravengro was superb."

It's too late to edit my post above so replace the text in I quoted with

"Ancient Ruin, right here in Ravengro? Interesting, I think I remeber reading something about that, but I've never read anything about it in any of the Professors works."

If my history or engineering checks from above earned any info, I'll insert that here, if not, then at that point Alistair will take a bite of eggs.


Killer GM

Alastair, you are familiar with Harrowstone through various sources, though many of them were fairly, and other details you cannot seem to recall.

Harrowstone was built around a hundred years ago in order for Ustalav to have a place for the worst of the worst prisoners to be housed, and in order to carry out the greater portion of all executions in the country. It was basically a stand alone Death Row. Around 50 years ago it burned down in a fire that was started during a prison riot. The warden, his wife for some reason, and around 2 dozen guards perished in the fire.

You recall reading about it in an engineering paper that examined the layout, and questioned whether poor planning might have contributed to the potential success of the riot. It was for this reason that the powers that were decided not to restore the prison. and instead replace it with a new structure designed using the lessons learned at Harrowstone.

Since its abandonment, the old ruin has developed a reputation for being haunted.

Alastair relates all of this to the group as he thinks, sounding much like he is reciting from text books.


Male Desert Elf Crypt Breaker 3 / Archaeologist 1 F:4 / R:8 / W:3 (+2 ench/poison)
Spoiler:
  • AC: 13
  • HP: 12/32
  • Bombs: 7/7
  • Luck: 5/5 rds
  • Bard Spells (1): 1/2
  • Extracts (1): Bomber's Eye, CLW, Tgt Bomb Adm, Shield
  • Wand of Grease (12)
  • Ghost Salt Bolts 6/6
  • Bolts: 20/20

"Alistair, you seem like an informed man, what do you others say to bringing along this avid scholar to the haunted ruins? Cant hurt to have another body to throw at the ghosts!" Reid casts a grin at the newcomer, "Just kidding, my bookwormish colleague!"


Killer GM

Kendra says, "You may be right Ried. Another student of the arcane might be able to bring a fresh perspective to what is going on there. And it sounds like you already have some basic familiarity with the place. Would you like to escort us?"


Male Human Wizard-3

"C-c-co-colleague? Umm, of course, it would be my honor to escort you Lady Lorrimer. Thank you Sir Ried, Sir Agnar. Lady Ember, Lady Delia, it would also be my honor to accompany you as well, would you allow it."


Male Human Ranger (Shapeshifter) 3 { AC 13 | 18 of 35 hp }

"Sir Agnar?" Valachi snorts, eyebrow raised. Then, all seriousness. "Gird yourself, Alistair. In the ruins we've fought undead, haunts and like terrors. I hope you will greet them with more resolve than you greeted us."


Male Half-Elf/Kellid 3 Barbarian Wild Rager/Totem Warrior/1 Fighter Two-Handed Fighter

Agnar raises an eyebrow with Valachi "I am just Agnar none of that Sir, nonsense."


Female Human Master Summoner 4 (AC: 16 [T: 12 /F: 14]; CMD 15; HP: 17/23; F+0, R+3, W+6 [+8 vs Fear]; Init: +2; Perc: +2)

Delia scowls at the thought, but for once she has no solid argument for him not accompanying them, "Fine! It's not like we don't already have the councils 'representative'" She shoots Ried a huff, "but I probably don't need to tell you all that I don't trust his intentions, nor his reasoning of being an avid studier of the late Professor's works. He probably just wants access to some of the Professor work that the latter would rather keep out of the hands of the common folk." She doesn't pause in suggesting her take on the newcomer.

She gets up and picks up after some of the dishes, she fixes her dress and heads for the door, "While you all become fast friends, I'm going to see if the smith has finished the lovely armor she had said she would adjust for me. Come, Father."

Delia just being Delia is why I couldn't step up and invite Alistair to join them earlier.


Male Human Wizard-3

"Undead you say...oh my, well I am not much for the more gruesome aspects of life, however, as they are already dead...I shall do my best, but my priority will be the safety of all. The undead maybe a foul blight on this world, but if they were to harm any of us, or remove us from this world, then we would only be adding to foulness that they bring here. It is only in denying them from causing harm that we may deprive these creations of their vitiate purpose."


Male Desert Elf Crypt Breaker 3 / Archaeologist 1 F:4 / R:8 / W:3 (+2 ench/poison)
Spoiler:
  • AC: 13
  • HP: 12/32
  • Bombs: 7/7
  • Luck: 5/5 rds
  • Bard Spells (1): 1/2
  • Extracts (1): Bomber's Eye, CLW, Tgt Bomb Adm, Shield
  • Wand of Grease (12)
  • Ghost Salt Bolts 6/6
  • Bolts: 20/20

"Right ... talk smartly but bring a big sword or in my case, a huge vial of something caustic." Ried scratches his head and frowns for a bit. "Do we have a rendezvous time and place, Delia, before you depart?"


Killer GM

Delia stomps of down the street, displacing no small amount of water from the large puddles that gather in the downpour, with Father chasing along behind her. Thankfully, it is a short walk to the forge. As Delia wheels into the shop she is hit by the sudden warmth of the store along with the alkaline smell of charcoal and molten slag. It is pleasantly dry in the shop after being outside, and the warmth offers comforts.

Jorfa is at her anvil, pounding on a large block of metal, now just barely glowing with a hint of purple and blue. After a few more strikes she hold it up to inspect her work, and sees Delia waiting. She shoves the hot metal back into the forge and works the bellows a few times, increasing the warmth in the room to a sudden gust of raw, dry heat. When she is done she signals Delia to wait, and moves into the back of the shop. When she comes back out she has Delia's new chain shirt held in a tight bundle.

"Here it is, girl. It should be the perfect size for you now. It's an odd sensation, cutting down armour like that, half reminded me of the lessons my mother tried to drill into me on dress making. They never took of course. Here, let me help you into it and you can tell me if it needs any more care."

Jorfa helps Delia, though in truth no aid is really required. As promised, the shirt fits perfectly. In fact it is very well adapted to Delia's silhouette. While it may be a simple suit of armour, no one will doubt that the one wearing it is a woman. The blued metal, as the glossy black finish is known, is flawless and smooth, and as the light shines off the rings, it brings to mind a cascade of black pearls.

Does anyone have any other actions they would like to take in the village, or will you setting off again for Harrowstone?

1,151 to 1,200 of 2,574 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Orlok Jr's Carrion Crown - Game Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.