Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Rigor Rictus' Carrion Crown - Game Thread

Game Master LastNameOnEarth


1,051 to 1,100 of 2,574 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>

Male Human Ranger (Shapeshifter) 3 { AC 13 | 18 of 35 hp }

Have we checked the western doors in the auditorium?


Killer GM

The western doors are the ones you came through, and the one you were examining just previous is also on the west. If you recall, the map is layed out so North is at the bottom. The doors on the east appear much like the doors that let you into this room, perhaps once sturdy, but now warped and rusted. They appear as though they could be easily forced.

Auditorium
Riff does as instructed, and breaks up a few benches to build a fire. He finds some coal left in the shoot, but it is damp and unlikely to burn, so he sticks with the wood. Before long he has a decent fire burning in the furnace. He finds a largish gear that appears to have been a part of some machine in the room. It is warped and partially melted from the ancient fire. He places this within the fire he has made. "I'm not a smith, but I think we'll need to heat this a while before it takes on any significan heat. Once the fire burns down to some coals we should do better."

Kendra states, "We still need to figure out what else they want us to do after we provide this hot metal. They said this would not be enough to lay them to rest. Spirits? Is there something else you want us to bring you to help bring you to rest?"

Two rattles.

"Is there something else you'd like us to do with the metal?"

One rattle.

"What else would they want us to do?"


Female Human Master Summoner 4 (AC: 16 [T: 12 /F: 14]; CMD 15; HP: 17/23; F+0, R+3, W+6 [+8 vs Fear]; Init: +2; Perc: +2)

Delia instructs Father to help in the gathering of materials, and meanwhile she follows the others, vial in hand and ready the next time one of these haunts pops up.


Killer GM

Kendra continues her questioning, "Do you wish us to keep the metal warm forever?

Two rattles.

"Do you want us to take it from here?"

One rattle.

"Do need the metal brought to you first?"

One rattle.

"Will the heat lay you to rest?"

Two rattles.

"Do you want us to take you from this place somehow?"

One rattle.

"Will moving the hot metal move you as well?"

One rattle.

"Now we are getting somewhere. Will you enter the metal? Use it as a vessel?"

One rattle.

"What would they want us to do with it after that? If it is a vessel, should we lay it to rest, in your stead?"

One rattle.

"Will this lay you to rest?"

One rattle.

"Finally! We have an answer! To all of you, should we do this as soon as the metal is ready, or should we wait until we are ready to leave anyway?"


Male Human Ranger (Shapeshifter) 3 { AC 13 | 18 of 35 hp }

But... north is always up! :)

Valachi shrugs to Kendra, "I think we should resolve it now, while we're here. If we wait to return, the spirits may get angry again."

Valachi will delay kicking in the "eastern" door until we finish.


Male Half-Elf/Kellid 3 Barbarian Wild Rager/Totem Warrior/1 Fighter Two-Handed Fighter

Agnar nods to Valachi's suggestion.


Killer GM

"I believe finishing this endevour will require leaving here and taking the vessel to Father Grimburrow and holy ground to be blessed and interred, Kendra replies.

One loud rattle.

"It would likely mean leaving for today. Is this what you wish to do?


Male Human Ranger (Shapeshifter) 3 { AC 13 | 18 of 35 hp }

"We could take care of it and go to rest for the night. Does that sound good to everyone?"


| HP: 27/27 | AC: 17 (T:11 , FF: 16 ) | CMD: 15 | F +6 | R +2 | W +7 | Init +3 | Per +6 | Channel: 7/7

"It would allow me to rest and renew my spells," Ember observes. "But were we not going to take a look outside this room at the least? We could open the eastern double doors with a bit of force, and examine what we find. I would expect a hallway of some sort, and an examination of that would go far in planning tomorrow's expedition."

"Riff can tend the fire, as we look. Valachi, Agnar, with you try the doors?"
Ember places herself near the doors, waiting with her weapon to see what is reveiled.


Male Human Ranger (Shapeshifter) 3 { AC 13 | 18 of 35 hp }

"With pleasure," Valachi grins, walking over to the 'eastern' door, bracing for a moment, then giving it a swift kick.


Male Half-Elf/Kellid 3 Barbarian Wild Rager/Totem Warrior/1 Fighter Two-Handed Fighter

Agnar watches as Valachi kicks the door, seeing if he can get it to move.


Killer GM

Valachi moves over to the door and attempts to knock it open with a swiftly placed heel.
Strength check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Unfortunatley, his timing or balance prove poor, and he mashes his toes against the ancient warped wood instead. He stifles a yelp of pain and spends the next few moments cursing and limping about, but otherwise seems none the worse for wear.

As soon as Valachi seems able to walk again, Agnar moves over to the door, and gives it a good check with his shoulder.
Strength check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
He grunts as he is brought up short, also failing to get it move.

The two men look at each other in consternation, and then set themselves against the door together.
Strength check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
This time the doors groan for a moment, and then burst outwards, sending a spray of splinters into the room.

The room within is large; around twenty by twenty feet. It appears to be a foyer, and large double doors on the Northern wall likely lead to the front entrance. Another set of double doors stand on the South side, leading further into Harrowstone. Across from you the wall bears only a single door on the Eastern side.

Streaks of mold stain the walls of this foyer, and the floor below is a thick, grey carpet of fungal growth.

A mere moment passes while those present peer into the room, trying to take its measure without actually stepping in. In an instant, the doors begin to creak, and their surfaces begin to bend and warp. The ghastly faces of burned and cadaverous men stretch out from the wood, shrieking in pain, fury, and hate. Burned, clawed skeletal hands descend out of the wood, and gripping the edges tightly slam the doors shut again with a tremendous boom. The sound echos through the chamber as the party looks on, stunned.


Male Human Ranger (Shapeshifter) 3 { AC 13 | 18 of 35 hp }

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

"Is it another haunting?" Valachi asks, his tone somewhere between fear and irritation.


Male Half-Elf/Kellid 3 Barbarian Wild Rager/Totem Warrior/1 Fighter Two-Handed Fighter

Agnar growls as the claws slam the door before saying to Valachi "Seem to be so."


| HP: 27/27 | AC: 17 (T:11 , FF: 16 ) | CMD: 15 | F +6 | R +2 | W +7 | Init +3 | Per +6 | Channel: 7/7

Taking a moment to pray to Pharasma for guidance, Ember tries to recall what she knows of haunts like the one that had just manifested.

Knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 1 = 9


Killer GM

"Another haunt seems likely, though perhaps a minor one, as nothing tried to attack us. On the other hand, the haunt may only attack those who actually enter the room." this is Kendra's reasoning.

Ember, you are unable to remember anything more than the basic information on haunts. However, you are reasonably sure that is a haunt.


Female Human Master Summoner 4 (AC: 16 [T: 12 /F: 14]; CMD 15; HP: 17/23; F+0, R+3, W+6 [+8 vs Fear]; Init: +2; Perc: +2)

Delia scowls and stamps her foot, her now easily recognized reaction when she's frustrated. "What is with these hauntings? Don't they realize we are willing to help them? If that's the way they want to be, then fine," she holds up the vial she has been clinging to "I still have this haunt siphon, and if we know it's one of these haunts I will go in there and I'm more than eager to use it."


| HP: 27/27 | AC: 17 (T:11 , FF: 16 ) | CMD: 15 | F +6 | R +2 | W +7 | Init +3 | Per +6 | Channel: 7/7

"Please, Delia, calm yourself," Ember says. "Haunts do not exist in the same world that we do, and it is difficult to make them understand that we want to help. Indeed, most haunts occur because of horrifying actions of the past, and they have little to cling to except their hatred."
"And while it is true that we have haunt siphons to deal with them, we do not have an unlimited supply of siphons, nor anyway of easily getting more. Let us deal with the cold haunt in this room, and withdraw for the day. Tomorrow we can return to deal with this, and perhaps I can study and discover more about this haunt. Or perhaps we can use the spirit placett to discover how to deal with it tomorrow."


Male Human Ranger (Shapeshifter) 3 { AC 13 | 18 of 35 hp }

Valachi nods to Ember's suggestion.


Killer GM

The party eyes the door suspiciously as they wait for Riff and Father to return with the hot metal. As you wait, you seem to feel the tension in the room begin to rise again, and every so often someone experiences a random chill down their spine, even though the room feels relatively warm. Before long, Riff and Father return, carrying a spoked wheel of iron between them on a scrap of rusted chain. The cog is perhaps a foot across, and probably weighs around 50 lbs. It is not glowing, but heat radiates off it in steady waves.

The two men enter and place the gear on the floor before stepping away. For a moment nothing happens, but then the air appears to distort here and there, and ripples in the air seem to descend onto the hot metal. The hint of a hissing sound escapes as each touches it. As occurred in the furnace room, the air feels calmer afterwards, and the feeling of paranoia that permeates this place feels tangibly lessened.

Riff and Father pick up the ends of the chain again, which while only about 6 ft long, is long enough to make sure neither of them has to touch the wheel.

The party progresses out of the prison by the route through which they entered, and makes its way off the grounds. While it is still cool out of doors, the rain has stopped, and the fog lifted during the day. It appears to be late in the afternoon, neigh the dinner hour, and perhaps two hours prior to dusk (It's around 6 pm). In order to make sure they arrive while the metal is still warm, Riff and Father march directly towards the Restlands, while Zhan and Agnar run ahead to fetch Father Grimburrow to meet them there. Father Grimburrow is available and waiting when the two men arrive, but he opts to send an acolyte in his stead, as under these circumstances, a younger man will be able to reach the Restlands far sooner than he.

The others arrive at the Restland and spend some time trying to convince a very skeptical Gibs to allow them to take their odd cargo into 'his' Restlands. Rather than continue the argument, the party opts to borrow a shovel and dig the hole themselves rather than convince the gravedigger to do it.

When all are gathered, a relatively shallow grave is dug in the section of the Restlands once used for prisoners of Harrowstone, and now mostly used by paupers unable to afford a plot of their own or proper headstone. The Acolyte sent by Father Grimburrow asks for Ember's assistance in performing the last rites, but in the end the ceremony is completed, and the iron wheel and chain covered up in consecrated earth. Again a feeling of peace replaces whatever fear and tension accompanied the air surrounding the hot gear, and all present are convinced that these spirits, at least, are finally at rest.


| HP: 27/27 | AC: 17 (T:11 , FF: 16 ) | CMD: 15 | F +6 | R +2 | W +7 | Init +3 | Per +6 | Channel: 7/7

After the ceremony, Ember approaches Kendra.

"May I study tonight using your father's libray?" she askes tentatively. "I feel that I need to further my understanding of the prison to deal with the haunts that are there, and your father may have the information that I seek."


Male Human Ranger (Shapeshifter) 3 { AC 13 | 18 of 35 hp }

As the ceremony ends, Valachi looks around at his new companions, thoughful and silent, but proud. It is slow going, but good work we do... and no one else in this town will do what needs to be done.

To the group, he says, "Be sure to sleep well tonight, so that we are refreshed to return to Harrowstone tomorrow." He adds to Ember and Kendra, "I... am not well read like you, but I will help as I can...uh, if you need it, to prepare for tomorrow."


Killer GM

Kendra nods, "Of course. You are welcome to view anything there, though his research seems have been concentrated in particular places. The library at the temple proved much more extensive in some respects. Thank you for your help today. It would have been far more difficult to go as far as we did today without your help and Pharasma's blessings."

You, and any others interested in doing more research, may make Arcana, History, Local, or Religion checks. Each roll will represent 1d4 hours worth of time.


| HP: 27/27 | AC: 17 (T:11 , FF: 16 ) | CMD: 15 | F +6 | R +2 | W +7 | Init +3 | Per +6 | Channel: 7/7

Ember remains in the library for hours, deeply engrossed in the texts and tomes there.
2d4 ⇒ (3, 4) = 7 Hours

Religion Check (without library modifiers): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Unskilled Local check (without library modifiers): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20


Killer GM

I made an additional post last night, but it seems to have been lost in the digital ether. Here it is again, as best as I can remember.

As the group approaches Kendra's home they are able to make out a young man standing near the door. He is dressed in servants livery and appears to be waiting idly. When he sees the group coming, he pops to his feet, and attempts to look as though he was waiting vigilantly. In his arms, he is carrying a moderately sized package wrapped in high quality velum, and oiled against the rain and the damp.

Knowledge Local or Nobility DC=14:
The boy's clothes mark him as a servant of Gharen Muricar.
Perception DC=16:
The boy appears to be wearing the same colours Gharen Muricar was wearing to the meeting this morning with the town's council.

He approaches Kendra and says, "Mistress Lorimore, I have a package here for the lady Delia Pilachet. I understand that she is presently receiving your hospitality. Might I see her?"

When Delia is pointed out to him he approaches and hands her the package. He starts to smile up at Father, assuming that he is her servant, but his face goes blank when he looks up at the Eidelon, and it is apparent that he has no idea what to make of him.


Male Human Ranger (Shapeshifter) 3 { AC 13 | 18 of 35 hp }

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


Male Half-Elf/Kellid 3 Barbarian Wild Rager/Totem Warrior/1 Fighter Two-Handed Fighter

Perception:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9


| HP: 27/27 | AC: 17 (T:11 , FF: 16 ) | CMD: 15 | F +6 | R +2 | W +7 | Init +3 | Per +6 | Channel: 7/7

Perception:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


Eidolon Biped (AC: 18 [T: 12 /F: 16]; CMD 17; HP: 18/18; F+4, R+1, W+3; Init: +1; Perc: +12)

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Father stares at the boy impassively, as lacking facial expressions tends to make one always look impassive, and takes the package that was offered to Delia.

He then examines the nature of it as best he can, turning it over in his hands, and testing the weight and feel of it. He is about to open it before Delia snatches it away from him.


Female Human Master Summoner 4 (AC: 16 [T: 12 /F: 14]; CMD 15; HP: 17/23; F+0, R+3, W+6 [+8 vs Fear]; Init: +2; Perc: +2)

"Give that here! It doesn't belong to you, and you are just acting rude. I know what your intentions are and I appreciate it, but you can't just act like a thug to everyone." She holds it gingerly in her hands, unsure of what to make of it.

"Thank you young man, but to what do I owe this honor of receiving a gift? Also, I am curious of who sent this to me, are you at liberty to tell?" She addresses the delivery boy kindly

Perception 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Killer GM

"I was not informed of its contents m'Lady, but I was told it was a gift for you from my master, Councilman Gharen Muricar. I was instructed to deliver it to you directly. Begging your pardon, mum." The young man dips his hat politely, and then leaves, walking briskly back towards town.


Male Human Ranger (Shapeshifter) 3 { AC 13 | 18 of 35 hp }

"Is it your birthday, Delia?" Val asks in a lame attempt at humor.


| HP: 27/27 | AC: 17 (T:11 , FF: 16 ) | CMD: 15 | F +6 | R +2 | W +7 | Init +3 | Per +6 | Channel: 7/7

A suspicion of what the package might be enters Ember's thoughts.
"Did not the good councilman invite you to dinner tonight, Delia?" Ember asks. "Perhaps it has something to do with that invitation?"


Female Human Master Summoner 4 (AC: 16 [T: 12 /F: 14]; CMD 15; HP: 17/23; F+0, R+3, W+6 [+8 vs Fear]; Init: +2; Perc: +2)

Delia blushes at the thought. Nervously, she giggles and pushes Valachi playfully, but doesn't seem to be able to look him in the eyes "Oh, be quiet, this is no joke. The man has taken a fancy to me, and despite my attempts to convey my not returning the interest, he seems determined to win me over." She turns to Ember, imploringly "You are a lovely woman, and I'm sure you've had many admirers, how do you turn down a man's attentions without being uncivil or rude about it?"

She enters the Lorrimor home, hoping to not create a scene based off what may be within the wrappings. She takes a seat in the sitting room, sets the package on a stool before her and delicately opens the twine and wrappings.


Eidolon Biped (AC: 18 [T: 12 /F: 16]; CMD 17; HP: 18/18; F+4, R+1, W+3; Init: +1; Perc: +12)

Father crosses his arms in dissatisfaction, "You'll not attend this meal alone. If you decide to accept his invitation, I will be there beside you, ensuring that nothing untoward happens."

He follows her into the house and looks over her shoulder, disapproving of her willingness to accept the gift in the first place.


Killer GM

Delia opens the package with care. Gently packaged within the velum paper and twine is a delicate wooden box containing a finely tailored dress. As the child of a tailor and with a keen interest in fashion of her own, Delia is able to spot immediately that it is made in the very latest style from Caliphas. She can also tell that it appears to have been tailored from its original dimensions, presumably altered to fit a particular person. The dress is somewhat daring, in the new fashion, but not at all indecent. All told, it is quite beautiful, and likely very expensive.

In response to Ember's comment Kendra notes, "Actually, I believe he invited us all, though I do agree that Delia was the one he truly wanted to attend."

Later: Concerning Ember: The books have been well poured over by your comrades, and mostly concern arcane subjects except perhaps where they focus on Necromancy. On the subjects of Harrowstone and the spirits that inhabit it, you are unable to pick out much new information:

History of Harrowstone:
DC 10: Harrowstone is a ruined prison— partially destroyed by a fire in 4661, the building has stood vacant ever since. The locals suspect that it’s haunted, and don’t enjoy speaking of the place.
DC 15: Harrowstone was built in 4594. Ravengro was founded at the same time as a place where guards and their families could live and that would produce food and other supplies used by the prison. The fire that killed all of the prisoners and most of the guards destroyed a large
portion of the prison’s underground eastern wing, but left most of the stone structure above relatively intact. The prison’s warden perished in the fire, along with his wife, although no one knows why she was in the prison when the fire occurred. A statue commemorating the warden and the guards who lost their lives was built in the months after the tragedy—that statue still stands on the riverbank just outside of town.
The Criminals of Harrowstone:
DC 15: Originally, Harrowstone housed only local criminals, but as the prison’s fame spread, other counties and distant lands began paying to have more
dangerous criminals housed within this prison’s walls. At the time of the great Harrowstone Fire, the number of particularly violent or dangerous criminals imprisoned within the dungeons below was at an all-time high.
DC 20: The five most notorious prisoners in Harrowstone at the time of the great fire were Father Charlatan, the Lopper, the Mosswater Marauder, the Piper of Illlmarsh, and the Splatter Man.

On the concept of Hauntings you are able to glean some information the group had not come by (Haunts, but nothing that would indicate how you would bring an end to a specific haunt. The writings mention only that you have to figure out what is driving the spirits of the haunt, and help lay them to rest.

During your search of the Professor's library, you also have the chance to review the books he laid out in the chest, which he requested you bring to the University for him, at the end of the 30 day watch over his daughter and household. Among these is one that appears as of yet unopened. The Manual of the Order of the Palatine Eye is a book with a rich purple cover, decorated with a brass scarab set with a single eye in its center. The book’s covers are rimmed in polished steel and clasped with a small but intricate lock, the keyhole of which appears to be for a key with a strange, triangular shaft. The key is nowhere to be found. A brief query to your comrades reveals that Kirill indeed tried to open the book, but was unable due to the complexity of the lock. The option of forcing it was mentioned, but not conducted as the group did not want to inflict the irreparable damage on the clasp that would have resulted.

If the group chooses to attend the dinner with Gharen Muricar, Ember may go with them, and conduct her research afterwards, if you choose.


Eidolon Biped (AC: 18 [T: 12 /F: 16]; CMD 17; HP: 18/18; F+4, R+1, W+3; Init: +1; Perc: +12)

Father looks at the dress, and immediately expresses his displeasure, "I don't like it. A proper young lady should be covered discreetly from neck to ankle."


Female Human Master Summoner 4 (AC: 16 [T: 12 /F: 14]; CMD 15; HP: 17/23; F+0, R+3, W+6 [+8 vs Fear]; Init: +2; Perc: +2)

Delia huffs in irritation, "Oh, Father, stop your bellyaching. It will be fine. The gift is very thoughtful, and the style is most luxurious. I'm quite eager to try it on." She looks confused, "Do you think it will fit right, and if so, how does he know my measurements?"

She shrugs, concern slipping away "Mistress Kendra, would you retire with me to my quarters and help me into it?" As an afterthought she adds, "Lady Ember, I know you had intended to do research, but you are more than welcome to join us in getting ready."


| HP: 27/27 | AC: 17 (T:11 , FF: 16 ) | CMD: 15 | F +6 | R +2 | W +7 | Init +3 | Per +6 | Channel: 7/7

"Well... I... I should tend to myself also, after the rigors and fighting we were in..." Ember stamers, trailing off uncertanly. Her pale skin shows off her blush on her face.


Male Human Ranger (Shapeshifter) 3 { AC 13 | 18 of 35 hp }

Valachi shrugs and heads inside the house to clean up and get some (much needed) food.


Killer GM

Delia: You find the dress fits very well indeed, as though it had been made for you. Your father could have done a better job, but considering no one came to take your measurements, the estimates are eerily accurate.

As it appears that Delia has decided to go to the dinner, Kendra puts hot water on to boil so that those who wish to may bathe.

"Ember, would you like to barrow one of my dresses, or do you prefer to wear your vestments? Do you have another set?" Kendra asks, eyeing the scorched and burned garments Ember is presently wearing. "I'm sure I can find something that will suit; the real challenge will be seeing to your hair. We may need to cut a bit in order to even out what the fire burned off..."

She busies herself helping the ladies with their preparations, as well as selecting a few items for herself.


HP 52/52 | AC 19 (T 12, FF 17) | CMD 15 | F +7 | R +4 | W +12 | Init +9 | Per +14

"Dinner, a bit of music... this evening could be a relaxing break. Will you gentlemen be attending?" Zhan asks while looking at Agnar and Valachi.


| HP: 27/27 | AC: 17 (T:11 , FF: 16 ) | CMD: 15 | F +6 | R +2 | W +7 | Init +3 | Per +6 | Channel: 7/7

"Thank you, Lady Kendra... " Ember responses shyly. "I've not much in the way of extra garments, for the Temple of Pharasma provides what I need... and I don't need much."

"I suppose I must do something about my hair... but I should keep it as long in length as I can," she adds in a worried tone, her hands fussing with her hair, pulling it forward to examine (and cover her face more).


Female Human Master Summoner 4 (AC: 16 [T: 12 /F: 14]; CMD 15; HP: 17/23; F+0, R+3, W+6 [+8 vs Fear]; Init: +2; Perc: +2)

Seeing that the dress fits, Delia takes up the offer to bathe. "Lady Ember, I can help you pick out something from Mistress Kendra's wardrobe that would both accentuate your eyes and magnificent locks. We can help with each other's hair, and makeup." she squeels in delight, much more like a young lady than she had been acting previously.

Delia will be primping and preening, and as can be expected, will be pushing the time limit to the point that anyone else going is just waiting for her to finish. That's what she'll be doing if anyone does anything else before the dinner.


Male Human Ranger (Shapeshifter) 3 { AC 13 | 18 of 35 hp }
Zhan wrote:
"Dinner, a bit of music... this evening could be a relaxing break. Will you gentlemen be attending?" Zhan asks while looking at Agnar and Valachi.

Val stops with a slice of bread halfway to his mouth. "Ummm, I suppose. Not much for the 'proper' things, but I'll try to stay quiet." He gives himself a sniff, shrugs as if his odor is just fine, and stuffs the bread into his mouth.


HP 52/52 | AC 19 (T 12, FF 17) | CMD 15 | F +7 | R +4 | W +12 | Init +9 | Per +14

Seeing the ladies beginning to get into their preparations, Zhan resigns himself to waiting a bit longer than he had hoped. He joins Valachi in the kitchen and begins to eat, expecting that it may be a few hours before the ladies are ready to leave.


| HP: 27/27 | AC: 17 (T:11 , FF: 16 ) | CMD: 15 | F +6 | R +2 | W +7 | Init +3 | Per +6 | Channel: 7/7

"Thank you, Lady Delia, Lady Kendra," Ember again says shyly.

She spends some time in the bath, tending to her pale, porcelain skin and her hair. Even in the washing and drying of her hair, you notice she keeps her face hidden as much as she can, and she returns to original hair style of a bang swept over one side of her face.


Killer GM

Zhan, Valachi, and Agnar have a seat in the kitchen, Riff having departed to report to the Sheriff. The men help themselves to a simple meal of bread, cheese, cold sausages, and ale, getting the impression that it will be some time before the women are ready to go.

Kendra selects a dress she believes will work well with Ember's frame, and the soft violet colour of the eye left visible by her hairstyle. It is long dress, floor length, and a soft blue that makes her eye look almost purple by contrast.

Kendra says, "You're a touch taller than me, but I always found this dress a bit long on me. A few quick adjustments and I think it will suit quite nicely." She has Ember try it on, and marks a few points with pins to know what adjustments need to be made. It takes her only a few minutes to make the alterations and before long Ember is garbed in the dress, and appears ready. She takes a while longer selecting her own dress, asking assistance in deciding the virtue of this one versus that one, but in the end she settles on a dark red dress with black lace rising up her chin. "Delia, I must warn you, if you had not made the assessment for yourself, Gharen Muricar has a bit of a reputation... though he can be charming enough to make you forget it if you let yourself. Just... be on your guard."

All told, the women of the party are ready to depart within two hours, making the hour about 8, by tell of the clock, making it a good hour to appear for refreshments. Zhan has used the time to brush his boots, and rub as much of the soot and blood as he can from his coat. Presumably, the Valachi and Agnar may have taken some action in this time to make themselves more presentable, but then, maybe not...

The party departs Kendra Lorrimor's home together and makes the brief walk to Gharen Muricar's home. The party travels South, across the brook, and at the crossroads turns West to cross the river, where South would have led back down towards the monument and Harrowstone. Gharen Muricar's house is on the Northern end of the town and so the trip takes a quarter hour to complete. The rain has not reappeared since your departure from the prison, but the evening air is still cool. The sun threatens to make its final disappearance behind the hills in the West, and a thin mist is beginning to rise along the river.

The route winds Northward along the less populated side of the river, and leads you past the Temple of Pharasma. The home itself is large, about twice the size of Kendra's, but hardly palatial. The Southern end consists of a large round varanda made up in the style of a gazebo, and even as you approach you can her the din of voices in conversation and laughter, while pipers and musicians play.

As you are approaching from the South, you may go directly to the varanda and join the party in an informal manner, or you may continue to the home's front door in order to be led in and formally announced.


Female Human Master Summoner 4 (AC: 16 [T: 12 /F: 14]; CMD 15; HP: 17/23; F+0, R+3, W+6 [+8 vs Fear]; Init: +2; Perc: +2)

Delia helps Kendra in adjusting the dress for Ember, happy to be working with needle and thread. She nods at Kendra's warning, "I gathered where his interests lie, but if I can avoid the overzealous boys my own age at the Institute, I hope to be able to stave off his attentions. I thank you for your concern all the same."

In response, she looks through Kendra's clothes and picks out a matching shawl. One that elegantly covers the part most exposed by the neckline of the dress.

As they walk to the affair, Father acts the proper gentleman, giving Delia his arm and helping her stay clear of mud and puddles. He himself is dressed in his usual clothing, though washed up by Delia, as nothing the Professor had could be tailored enough to fit his large frame.


Male Human Ranger (Shapeshifter) 3 { AC 13 | 18 of 35 hp }

Valachi is not quite refined enough to realize just how dirty he actually is, but once he sees Zhan cleaning up he makes a short effort to wash up, even brushing out his hair and braiding it up into a tail.

As the women appear, ready to depart in their finery, Valachi practically stumbles when he sees Kendra. He awkwardly stammers a few syllables before turning red and retreating. He keeps an embarrassed silence during the walk to the dinner, unless spoken to directly... although after a few minutes, he begins to look for something along the roadside.

DM:
Val keeps an eye out for any flowers, preferably several of a small variety, to build a bouquet.

1,051 to 1,100 of 2,574 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Orlok Jr's Carrion Crown - Game Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.