Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Rigor Rictus' Carrion Crown - Game Thread

Game Master LastNameOnEarth


551 to 600 of 2,574 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>

Female Human Master Summoner 4 (AC: 16 [T: 12 /F: 14]; CMD 15; HP: 17/23; F+0, R+3, W+6 [+8 vs Fear]; Init: +2; Perc: +2)

Sorry, my daughter was using my computer all weekend for a school project. FWIW, the pony has +4 Str and Con from my augment summoning, but I don't think a 9 would have hit (it should have been -3/-3 changed to -1/-1 to hit with the Str bonus)


Sagaar, have you checked out the OOC thread lately?


HP 52/52 | AC 19 (T 12, FF 17) | CMD 15 | F +7 | R +4 | W +12 | Init +9 | Per +14

Orlok, did you remember that guns do both blunt and piercing damage? The shot will hopefully have bypassed any DR.


Ah! I had not realized that, and my sincerest apologies. Yes, in that case, you blew up the skeleton, and we'll assume that Agnar rushed the skeleton on Valachi.


HP 52/52 | AC 19 (T 12, FF 17) | CMD 15 | F +7 | R +4 | W +12 | Init +9 | Per +14

Round 2 - Initiative 28

Zhan shields his eyes for a brief moment from the flying ash and cinders that explode from what was once the flaming skeleton. He then takes aim, and fires a second shot at the last remaining undead.

1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 = 91d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5


Zhan peels off another shot, but the bullet misses it's mark, chipping off the corner of a nearby gravestone.

Valachi's claws find a hold on the skeleton's ribcage, and he manages to carve a deep furrow into the sternum even as the flames lick his hands.
Fire Damage to Valachi: 1d6 ⇒ 6

The skeleton proves relentless, however, and reaches for Valachi with eager claws. It's pony hands carve a deep gash in his chest, flames cauterizing the wound even as the sear the ranger's flesh.
Attack Roll: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Damage Roll: 1d4 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + (6) = 10

Attack Roll: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Damage Roll: 1d4 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + (1) = 2

Agnar rushes to Valachi's aid, cleaving through the skeleton with one mighty blow, and once more, the creature flies apart in a shower of bone and fire.
[/ooc]Fire Damage to Valachi and Agnar:[/ooc] 1d6 ⇒ 4

With the last of the creatures felled, you are left standing burnt but breathing in the middle of the Restlands. The sound of screaming prisoners rapidly fades, and bones of the skeletons crumble to ash.

Perception Checks...
Zhan 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
Agnar 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Valachi 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Delia 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

Valachi:
As you stand trying to catch your breath after the skeleton's fierce assault, something catches your eye. It's the headstone that was clipped by Zhan's bullet. At first, you think it's simply the chipped edge, but when you look a second time, you realize that the letters have been freshly carved into the face of the stone. They read...
-Valachi-
Come to my world, and be as I.
As I am now, soon you will be.
Embrace your end and witness me.
-Died: 4661-


HP 52/52 | AC 19 (T 12, FF 17) | CMD 15 | F +7 | R +4 | W +12 | Init +9 | Per +14

"Is everyone okay? Valachi are you alright? Those burns look pretty bad. Valachi?

I think he's down to -2, if my math is right.

When he sees him sway and fall, Zhan rushes over to his side, and with a quick prayer, lays hands on the scorched lycanthrope.
Cure light wounds: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Zhan cradles the man as he comes back from his brief unconsciousness.

"Easy there, friend. You've been more than a tad singed. Look, you've got barely a hair left on yea. We'd best get you some more healing quickly; burns have a way of weeping bloody tears and they take infection easily. Come" Zhan helps him to his feet again.

How fair the rest of you? Does anyone need aid? Riff, are you injured?"


Female Human Master Summoner 4 (AC: 16 [T: 12 /F: 14]; CMD 15; HP: 17/23; F+0, R+3, W+6 [+8 vs Fear]; Init: +2; Perc: +2)

I don't think he's down, he last showed having 20 out of 26 before he got attacked, and only took 12 damage, leaving him at 8 hp.


Male Human Ranger (Shapeshifter) 3 { AC 13 | 18 of 35 hp }

Status: hp 11 of 26 (after the +9 hp from CLW)

Zhan wrote:
"Is everyone okay? Valachi are you alright? Those burns look pretty bad. Valachi?

What? How?

Although he is concious, Valachi doesn't respond. He stares, eyes wide in shock, at the gravestone before him.

"..."

Zhan wrote:
"Easy there, friend. You've been more than a tad singed. Look, you've got barely a hair left on yea. We'd best get you some more healing quickly; burns have a way of weeping bloody tears and they take infection easily. Come" Zhan helps him to his feet again.

After Zhan's healing washes over him, Val shakes free of his stupor and gets to his feet. "Thank you, the flames were more intense than I expected. But look here..." He walks to the gravestone and points.

Do they see the same thing?


Male Half-Elf/Kellid 3 Barbarian Wild Rager/Totem Warrior/1 Fighter Two-Handed Fighter

Agnar stares as the last flaming skeleton bursts. He than says "I am fine." before turning to where Valachi was pointing.


HP 52/52 | AC 19 (T 12, FF 17) | CMD 15 | F +7 | R +4 | W +12 | Init +9 | Per +14
Delia Pilachet wrote:
I don't think he's down, he last showed having 20 out of 26 before he got attacked, and only took 12 damage, leaving him at 8 hp.

He was listed as 20/26, then took 6 for striking the flaming creature with his claws, then 10 and 2 from the creature's attacks, then another 4 when the creature exploded. That's 22 bringing him to -2. Unless I got one of those wrong. With the healing, he should be at 7/26 hp. I'm not trying to contradict anyone, Zhan was just reacting to the (likely) situation.

"Valachi? Are you... what are you staring at?"
Zhan follows his gaze.
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20


Following Valachi's gaze, you find nothing more than an old tombstone with a chipped edge. The ancient writing is too faded to read.

Valachi:
You see the same thing. As soon as you look away, the writing on the headstone vanishes.


Does anyone have anything else to do in the Restlands? Skeletons are all dead, deputy is sitting their gawking, and Valachi was looking at a gravestone.


HP 52/52 | AC 19 (T 12, FF 17) | CMD 15 | F +7 | R +4 | W +12 | Init +9 | Per +14

Not much, but there is some logical questioning that should be done.

"Valachi? What did you see? That writing looks too faded to read... Are you all right? Your burns are beginning to blister; we should take you and have them healed."
Since all the damage he took was fire based, Valachi probably looks a mess. 2nd degree burns blister very quickly, and 3rd degree burns (which are likely considering he was nearly burned to death) are even worse.

"Riff, go and fetch the sheriff; we will tell the Pharisman's what happened and see they come to stop whatever is going on. Tell him to meet us back at the Lorimor's manse.".

Zhan starts helping Valachi back to the Lorimor home.


Male Human Ranger (Shapeshifter) 3 { AC 13 | 18 of 35 hp }

Yeah, Zhan's math is correct. I totally missed the 4 damage from the skeleton exploding. I am at 7 hp, currently.

As Val stands, he appears shaken, and not just from the burns. "It said 'Valachi, Come to my world, and be as I. As I am now, soon you will be. Embrace your end and witness me. Died: 4661.' What does that mean?"


HP 52/52 | AC 19 (T 12, FF 17) | CMD 15 | F +7 | R +4 | W +12 | Init +9 | Per +14

"I'm afraid I do not know, friend. Let us get you looked after, then we can try to figure out this mystery."


Sorry, sorry, sorry! I forgot I had to go to a student's birthday last night, and, this being China, not attending or leaving early would have been a disastrous career move.

Ember and Carol:
Professor Petros Lorrimer is dead. This was the word you received last week - that your old friend had passed away. Unfortunately, the hustle and bustle of Caliphas has a way of sucking people into its maelstrom of activity, and the demands of the city kept you from making his funeral on time. However, you were determined to pay your respects, and began making arrangements. Fortunately, after wrapping up your business in the city, you were able to find passage with another old friend of the Professor's, the noble and scholar Adivion Addrisant, also held up by business. A recent associate of yours, he offered you a ride in his coach early this morning, and you have been making remarkable time since then. On the ride, you've gotten to know each other a little, but your patron has certainly been the dominant personality in conversation, reminiscing about the Professor, lamenting his fall, and making half-hearted inquiries into your own relationships with Petros Lorrimer. He's also shared with you a bit of information on the town of Ravengro, eager to demonstrate his knowledge. Local attractions really don't go beyond the temple of Pharasma, the weekly farmer's market, or the local inn with vulgar menu items. However, just to the south of the village lies Harrowstone, an old Ustalavian prison that burned down in 4661, and that many still believe to be haunted to this day. He's certainly a knowledgeable man, but he cannot disguise a subtle sense of superiority that makes it difficult to listen to him for too long, and you find yourselves relieved when your coach arrives at your destination. You now find yourselves stopped before a modest two-story home, conservatively decorated with toned-down Caliphasian sensibilities. "We arrive at last," Adivion mutters somberly as he regards the manse. "Come, let us pay our respects to our departed friend."

Riff nods fearfully as he gazes on the charred bones littering the Restlands before he turns and sprints towards the town square. Zhan's healing helps to close some of Valachi's wounds, but the pain is still excruciating as you walk back towards the Lorrimer home. Several of the townsfolk bring cover quiet gasps as they see the crispy Varisian limping from the Restlands, and one or two concerned villagers rush to his side to offer aid, though they comply when you wave them away.

As you approach the house, you see a stern-looking coach park before it, lead by a team of magnificent black horses. A middle-aged man with hawkish features and a rapidly receding widow's peak is stepping from the carriage as you draw near. He is dressed as a noble of Caliphas, and carries himself as one, standing rigidly and holding a decorative cane close his side. He arches a brow your way at your approaches, and nearly dose a double-take as he realizes you are bound for the Lorrimer home, though he manages to retain his composure. "Good evening,." He greets you with a bow. "I am Adivion Adrissant, from Caliphas, and I've come to pay my respects to the late Petros Lorrimer." He spares a worried glance towards Valachi. "I hate to state the obvious, but it does seem as if your friend needs the services of a doctor..."


| HP: 27/27 | AC: 17 (T:11 , FF: 16 ) | CMD: 15 | F +6 | R +2 | W +7 | Init +3 | Per +6 | Channel: 7/7

From the coach then steps a slight, pale woman dressed in the vestements of Pharasma, her long, raven-coloured hair almost reaching the ground. A sweep of her hair covers the left side of her face, but her violet right eye peers at you with curiosity and concern.

"May I be of some service to you?" she asks in a soft voice. "I can call upon the Lady for her blessings to heal."


Female Half-Elf Archaeologist Bard 2

And just after that, a hardy-looking blonde haired girl with a feisty glint in her blue eyes steps out as well. She appraises the group quickly, quirking an eyebrow. "Hoo, you look like you've been through hell. Y'all alright?"


Male Half-Elf/Kellid 3 Barbarian Wild Rager/Totem Warrior/1 Fighter Two-Handed Fighter

Agnar looks at the coach than the man who had spoken to them. He listens as he speaks than turns to face the two woman who spoke. He laughs at the one's comment before saying "Hell's fire would of been hotter."


Male Human Ranger (Shapeshifter) 3 { AC 13 | 18 of 35 hp }
Ember V wrote:
"May I be of some service to you?" she asks in a soft voice. "I can call upon the Lady for her blessings to heal."

Valachi nods, "I would not complain."


| HP: 27/27 | AC: 17 (T:11 , FF: 16 ) | CMD: 15 | F +6 | R +2 | W +7 | Init +3 | Per +6 | Channel: 7/7

Emer steps foward to valachi, and extrnds her hand. As she utters a prayer to Pharasma, her hand fills with light, and her touch removes some of the pain and damage caused by the fire.

"I am know as Ember, Ember Volkin. By what name may I call you?"

CLW: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


Female Half-Elf Archaeologist Bard 2
Agnar wrote:
Agnar looks at the coach than the man who had spoken to them. He listens as he speaks than turns to face the two woman who spoke. He laughs at the one's comment before saying "Hell's fire would of been hotter."

"Good answer." she replies quickly, extending a hand to the man as she grins. "Good to meet'cha. What's your name?"


Male Half-Elf/Kellid 3 Barbarian Wild Rager/Totem Warrior/1 Fighter Two-Handed Fighter

"I am Agnar a warrior of the Fire Claws."


Female Half-Elf Archaeologist Bard 2

"Carol, ruins explorer." She moves her hand back to her head, scratching it and looking around. "Been awhile since I was here last. Wish it was under better circumstances, y'know?"


| HP: 27/27 | AC: 17 (T:11 , FF: 16 ) | CMD: 15 | F +6 | R +2 | W +7 | Init +3 | Per +6 | Channel: 7/7

At Agnar's introduction Ember takes a half step, interposing Valachi between her and Agnar. She recalls the stories her foster parents had told her, and Agnar's appearance does nothing to calm her.

'I should not fear him,' she thinks to herself, 'Fearing him from ignorance is foolish, and not what Professor Lorrimer taught me. Still...'

She peeks at Agnar, still hiding most of herself behind Valachi.

Added Edit: Half-elves and Kellid barbarians have bad stories, according to the Carrion Crown Player's Guide. Being both, you get the reactions for both. besides, Ember is a bit shy around new people.


Male Half-Elf/Kellid 3 Barbarian Wild Rager/Totem Warrior/1 Fighter Two-Handed Fighter

Agnar shrugs "Fate does as it will." He notices the other newcomer stepping behind Valachi oddly he shrugs once more.

Guys from the Realm of the Mammoth Lords have stories now?


Female Half-Elf Archaeologist Bard 2
Agnar wrote:
Guys from the Realm of the Mammoth Lords have stories now?

I've heard stories about the smell...

"Guess so." With the subtlety and grace of a truck careening off a cliff and exploding, Carol switches topics. "Say, is anything interesting happening? I was considering heading out to ol' Harrowstone after the service to see if there was anything that wasn't picked clean yet, but I don't want to miss out if there's something going on."


Female Human Master Summoner 4 (AC: 16 [T: 12 /F: 14]; CMD 15; HP: 17/23; F+0, R+3, W+6 [+8 vs Fear]; Init: +2; Perc: +2)

Delia is pickled to meet the two women. "Ember, pleased to meet you, I absolutely LOVE your hair. It must be so hard to maintain. How do you keep the ends from collecting debris from where you walk. Those colors, though, given the right material, I could make you a gown that would just make the color of your eyes sparkle like the stars." She turns to the other new girl "And you, my dear, Carol was it? The short hair works for you, you pull it off well with the frame of your face, but the clothing, despite how well it appears to suit you, does you no justice. If you like the fit, I could probably do something similiar, but you just need a little more color. I'm thinking maybe some deep reds, blacks and browns." She looks her up and down, nodding at her own evaluation. "Yes, it would keep the same dark motif, but make it a little more eye-catching, without making you stand out."

She takes a step back and measures the two women in turn, before her eyes widen in shock "Oh, by Shelyn's wings, where are my manners? My name is Delia Pilachet, I am pleased to make your acquaintance." She shakes hands with both women in proper court decorum, wrist bent, fingers pointed down. "Carol, my dear, I would maybe put off any trips to the ruins. Beyond that, what brings you lovely ladies to Ravengro, if you do not mind me asking, that is?" Delia adds the question as the natural course of the conversation, suspicious of any strangers that appear in town, considering all the goings on lately.


| HP: 27/27 | AC: 17 (T:11 , FF: 16 ) | CMD: 15 | F +6 | R +2 | W +7 | Init +3 | Per +6 | Channel: 7/7

Ember is a bit taken aback by Delia's forward greetings.

"My hair? It does take some work to keep clean, but it seems to want to grow to this length on its own." She touches her hair self-consciously, her hand pausing over the sweep of hair over the left side of her face to adjust the sweep. "But my eyes should not sparkle, it would not be... proper"

"I have come with these gentlepeople to pay my respects to Professor Lorrimer. I owe him my life. Everything I have is due to him."


Female Half-Elf Archaeologist Bard 2

Horrible scars? A void leading to an alternate dimension? Perhaps some form of horrible scarring that leads to an alternate dimension? Carol could most certainly speculate, but for now the mystery of Ember's left eye would have to wait. Carol had been accosted by a member of the church of makeovers, and it was time to politely decline. "As for me, well, anything nice I put on's just gonna' get dirty in about five minutes. Digging through dust and grime older'n Aroden's mother'll do that to a lady."

Carol looks over at the house they were standing in front of. "As for why I'm here... I heard about the prof too. I owe him my respects after all these years, so I dropped everything I was doing to head back over here and see him a while. He was a good guy. Cryin' shame, that." She frowns slightly, staring off into space for several moments. Then she seems to catch herself. "Sorry about that. So, you all here for the service too?"


Male Human Ranger (Shapeshifter) 3 { AC 13 | 18 of 35 hp }

Valachi nods to Ember in thanks after she heals him. As she hides from Agnar, he raises an eyebrow but remains silent. He appears uncomfortable around new people, perhaps more so among women, and for several moments rudely ignores her introduction. Finally, he speaks up. "Valachi," he says. Then, stutteringly, "Did... did you know Lorrimor well?"


| HP: 27/27 | AC: 17 (T:11 , FF: 16 ) | CMD: 15 | F +6 | R +2 | W +7 | Init +3 | Per +6 | Channel: 7/7

"I knew Professor Lorrimer somewhat," Ember answers. "He saved my life as a child, and found a family that would take me in."

'That day, did I help save him too? My screams did alert him to his danger, but that led to my being saved too...' she thinks.

"He visited me as I was growing up, not very often, but often enough to let me know he still remembered me."

Ember glances at the group, and then to the manor they were in front of.
"I understand that he had a daughter that he was devoted to."


HP 52/52 | AC 19 (T 12, FF 17) | CMD 15 | F +7 | R +4 | W +12 | Init +9 | Per +14

Zhan eyes the newcomers wearily, his face streaked with soot and sweat. He still offers Valachi a supportive arm, in case he feel overwhelmed. He squints his eyes for a moment as he tries to remember the other names of the invitees mentioned in the Professor's will, the names of those who could not make it.

He is an older man, perhaps his mid forties, with scarred cheeks and a rough hewn face. His hair has passed prematurely grey, and gone on to stark white. He is dressed in plain but well made garb, practical as opposed to showy, with a chain vest visible beneath his cloak.

"Your ministrations are most welcome Mother Ember. It is a plesure to meet you, doubly so if you were an associate of Petros Lorrimor. Every one here has a story of him as well; it seems rescuing people may have been almost a vocation for him."

"I apologize for the state of your welcome; there have certainly been some queer happenstance of late. Come in, won't you? I'm sure the lady of the house will want to greet you, and make you more welcome than we can manage, fresh from the field as we are.

Turning to Carol, "As for your questions, yes there are things happening here. If you were a friend to the professor, you might even be able to help us solve a few mysteries, but as the young lady said, I'd not rush into exploring Harrowstone if I were you. At the least not until you have heard a bit more about the goings on hereabouts."


HP 52/52 | AC 19 (T 12, FF 17) | CMD 15 | F +7 | R +4 | W +12 | Init +9 | Per +14

Zhan makes his way into house, aiding Valachi as he goes. Once inside, he looks for any sign of Kendra, or Father Grimburrow.

"Please, ladies, Master Adrissant, come inside, I'm sure the mistress of the house will be around in moments."

Zhan eases Valachi down into a chair, making certain he is comfortable.

"Mother Ember, most of us here have at least some small measure of burns from our latest encounter. I know many of the faith can bless small areas with a healing light born of their patrons. Might you do that for us here, if you are able?"

Afterwards..."If you will excuse me a moment, I will find our host."

Orlok Jr.:
Zhan will slip out of the room, and find the items left after the Professor's funeral. He picks up the testament and reads through it to see if the names provided by these guests are indeed on it. He'll then find the Lady Kendra, and find out if Father Grimburrow is still here. Before leading them back to the room with our guests, out of sight of the company, he will cast detect evil and keep it active as he reenters the room. He'll then scan the three guests. Zhan is not paranoid, simply being prudent that members of the Whispering Way are about, and might send us someone in false colours.


Female Human Master Summoner 4 (AC: 16 [T: 12 /F: 14]; CMD 15; HP: 17/23; F+0, R+3, W+6 [+8 vs Fear]; Init: +2; Perc: +2)

Delia calls after Zhan, to remind him where he may find Mistress Kendra. "The two of them may be in the part of the yard that Father stayed to work on, if you would like I could help you look for them?" She turns to the others just entering, directing them to the front room just off from the foyer. "Please, come in and have a seat. Find some comfort after, what I'm certain, was a long ride. If Zhan does not have need of me, I could fetch some refreshments. I will not be needing any ministrations myself, as these brave men rushed to the fore, and I am but a dabbler in a more delicate art." In preparing the room for the guests, Delia quickly scoops up any papers, notes or books that may be left laying around the front room, tucking them all away under her arm to cart them out of the room with the intent of putting them away from sight.

EDIT: Did we ever Identify the board with Divination magic? If not, when can I try again?


| HP: 27/27 | AC: 17 (T:11 , FF: 16 ) | CMD: 15 | F +6 | R +2 | W +7 | Init +3 | Per +6 | Channel: 7/7

"M-mother?" Ember softly says, a look of bemusmnet on her young face.
'Do I look that old?' she thinks, her momentary puzzlement allowing her to be swept along by the group.

"Yes, yes I can channel the healing grace of Pharasma, Master...? I'm sorry, I did not catch your name, sir," Ember replies.

She calls upon her ability to heal, allowing the light to wash over everyone nearby.

Healing Channel: 1d6 ⇒ 6

She then checks on Valachi, to see if he needs more healing.


Zhan:
All three names are on the list of guests to be invited to the funeral, though Lorrimer's will is still in the hands of Councilman Hearthmount. It seems that Father Grimburrow has left for the evening.

You find Kendra upstairs in her room. The door is open, and she's sitting on the edge of her bed as she stares distantly towards the wall, a porcelain doll on the bed next to you. She manages a half-smile as you approach. "I had my toys put away more than a decade ago," she offers as she gestures to the doll. "I was so ready to grow up, to be an adult. I insisted that adults didn't play with dolls - I wanted to throw them away, but my father... He just smiled. He said we'd put them away in case I changed my mind later. I was furious at the time that he thought I could be so fickle. I thought I'd proven him wrong. I've never touched a doll since that day, but..." She picks up the doll and clutches it tightly to her. "I'm glad that I was wrong now. Zhan, thank you for being here." She moves across the room and throws her arms around your shoulders, hugging you tightly, even uncomfortably, before releasing you.

"So, what was it you wanted?" she asks, quickly regaining her composure. Her eyes brighten a bit at the news of more guests, though they quickly grow wide as saucers after she has a moment to think about it. "The foyer!" she gasps, "The drawing room! They're a mess!" She bolts away from you and down the hall.
Caster Level Check (Zhan): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
You return to the room to find Kendra greeting the guests and apologizing for the state of the house, and you sense no evil auras from any of the new guests.

A few minutes after Zhan's departure a woman in her mid-20s appears at the top of the stairs. She is thin and fair, with a trained posture and auburn hair that looks as if it is normally well-kept, though at present she looks tired and disheveled.
"I'm so sorry for the state of the house!" Kendra declares as she scurries down the stairway. She begins collecting empty tea cups as she hurries about the room greeting each new arrival in turn, though her eyes get a little misty as they rest on Adivion Addrisant.
"Adivion?" she gasps, "Is that you? It's been years! I hadn't realized that you and my father were still in correspondence!"

He takes a deep bow, throwing one hand behind his back. "Of course, Kendra. Your father and I may not have always seen eye-to-eye in matters academic, but we were colleagues. You know as well as I that such differences are to be expected amongst Ustalav's intelligentsia." As he rises he clasps a hand on the young lady's shoulder. "Old friendships run deeper than petty intellectual disputes. I was devastated when I learned of his death - I would have been here sooner, but you know how demanding Caliphas can be. The jewel of our nation does not shine when we neglect to polish it regularly." His warm smile fades and gives way to an expression of concern. "I hope I'm not too late for the service?"

"I'm afraid so," she nods. "But there have been, um, events, since then, and we'll be holding a second, private service tomorrow morning out in back. You are welcome to attend." She shakes herself out of the apparent reunion and turns to Ember and Carol, realizing she's been neglecting her other new guests. "all of you are welcome, of course! I'm afraid the timing is terrible - all manner of bizarre happenings have been occurring in the town lately, but truly I am grateful for your presence, and we'll do our best to make you feel welcome here! I'm afraid our guest bedrooms are full up, but I'll be more than happy to cover your rooms at the local inn - but I insist that you join us here for meals."


Female Half-Elf Archaeologist Bard 2

As Carol follows Zhan inside, she nods. "Well well.. sounds like there's somethin' worth hanging around here for afterwards."

Inside, Carol has a seat and keeps an eye on the wounded, staying silent and watching until she's addressed by Kendra. "Bizarre happenings? Sounds right up my alley. I think I'll take you up on that offer."

Placing a hand on her knee (And her foot on the nearest available stool or table), Carol leans forward. "So, what's all this about the bizarre? Anything in particular?"


HP 52/52 | AC 19 (T 12, FF 17) | CMD 15 | F +7 | R +4 | W +12 | Init +9 | Per +14

"Sorry if I offended, Miss Volkin. I saw the vestments of Pharasma and assumed you were a priestess. Do the priestesses of your faith not use that affectation? If not, my apologies. I meant it as a sign of respect."

"My name is Zhan. It is hard to describe what I do, but let it be said that my association with the professor was professional as well as personal."

"As for the bizarre, miss Silverkin? We came here to observe the funeral and internment of an old friend. However, the evening before last, someone or something in this village scrawled a large letter "V" on the monument in the town square; the one commemorating those who gave their lives in the prison revolt that led to the fateful fire at Harrowstone. No one can tell use who, or why, and no one has been reported missing or harmed. We investigated the scene, and found an exsanguinated rat lying behind the Laughing Demon, but no sign of who might have done it. Only that it was a large footed man who went barefoot. Unfortunately the tracks were obscured and could not be followed."

"Last night someone desecrated the tomb of Petros Lorrimor. We recovered the body, which is why we are about to have a second internment, here at the home, where it will be safe. When we went to the restlands to investigate the site of the tomb, three graves erupted, allowing 3 skeletons to climb free on their own. They were afire, as though wrapped in a blanket of hellfire. Thus the burns. We were able to put them down, but Valachi was badly burned. We returned to the house to restore him to health and inform the sheriff of all that happened. I was hoping Father Grimburrow would still be here as well. The temple will want to know someone reanimated the resting dead within their own sacred grounds. After that, we mean to get to the bottom of this."


Female Half-Elf Archaeologist Bard 2

Carol gave a low whistle after the summary of events, leaning forward in her seat. "So we got a mystery, a vampire, and some living dead. Sounds like a heaping helping of interesting."

Giving it only a moment's thought, Carol nods resolutely. " Alright then. Ruin hunting can wait. Whoever grabbed the Prof's body.. Did we already get them for it? If not, we should start with them."


| HP: 27/27 | AC: 17 (T:11 , FF: 16 ) | CMD: 15 | F +6 | R +2 | W +7 | Init +3 | Per +6 | Channel: 7/7

"Zhan, that title is for the higher-ups in the Church. I am only a humble initiate in Her mysteries." Ember explains. "If you wish to use a title instead of my name, I feel that Sister would be more approriate."

She listens to Zhan explain what has transpired.
"If someone is interfering with the dead or causing undead, it is my duty to end this abomination. I will help you as much as I can."


Female Human Master Summoner 4 (AC: 16 [T: 12 /F: 14]; CMD 15; HP: 17/23; F+0, R+3, W+6 [+8 vs Fear]; Init: +2; Perc: +2)

Delia returns to the room just as Zhan finishes explaining the goings on, "Zhan! I swear, one of these days, your willingness to just spill all you know to anyone who happens by will get you into some hot water." Her hands resting in fists on her hips, and her brow set in a scowl. To the others, she explains "I apologize for my behavior, but as of yet we do not know exactly who or what we are dealing with, and I personally prefer to play my cards close to my chest. It seems, on more than one occasion, that others play their's face up." She gives Zhan another dirty look.


HP 52/52 | AC 19 (T 12, FF 17) | CMD 15 | F +7 | R +4 | W +12 | Init +9 | Per +14

Zhan merely raises an eyebrow at Delia's outburst, though he might be hiding a hint of a smile...

"I have not said anything that our guests could not have found out by asking anyone around town, dear Delia. I was merely being courteous and saving these kind folks the hour it would have taken them to discover all of this on their own. Or did you think that our battling flaming skeletons in broad daylight and marching bleeding and burned right through town had gone completely unremarked? I think there are lessons to be learned here; one is in courtesy, another in pragmatism, but neither of them is to be learned by me."

By the time be finishes his soft smile has faded into a bit of a scowl, and his voice has taken on a slightly rougher edge.

"Ladies, sir, I too apologize for this outburst. If you were friends of the Professor, we would be pleased to accept your offer of help. Please forgive us though if we do chose to keep some things to ourselves, for now. As the young lady intended to say, while your presence and assistance are both most welcome, the nature of these mysteries necessitate some secrets be kept."


"It's no problem at all,"[b] Adivion insists, his voice barely above a whisper as he runs has fingers along a stack of books books. His mind seems to be elsewhere. [b]"I do not presume to involve myself in your affairs. I am here to pay my respects to Petros, and provincial superstition do not concern me - unless they lead to the desecration of my friend's remains. Whoever is responsible, I would see justice visited upon them." He turns to you, his posture austere with his hands clasped behind his back. "I will render you whatever resources I am able. For a start, I'm told the Outward Inn is... habitable. As the Lorimmer home is full, I shall see to it that you're taken care of there." He stares out the window towards Ravengro, sighing heavily as he regards the silhouette of the buildings over the darkening horizon. "This is distressing news, and so with your permission, Miss Kendra, I shall take my leave to make preparations at the Outward End. You will find rooms for you there when you're ready to retire. Kendra, you said the private service would be in the morning? I will return shortly after dawn." He gives a nod as he departs, the rasp of his cane on cobblestones announcing his exit as he steps out of the door.

Not long after, there is a knock at the door, and upon answering, you find Sheriff Caeller waiting outside, Father Grimburrow in tow. "Burning skeletons, I hear?" he asks with a grunt.


| HP: 27/27 | AC: 17 (T:11 , FF: 16 ) | CMD: 15 | F +6 | R +2 | W +7 | Init +3 | Per +6 | Channel: 7/7

"Thank you for your kindness in taking care of the arraingments at the inn, Professor Adivion," Ember says as he leaves. "And again further thanks for offering your coach to us. It would have taken far longer for me to arrive here if you had not aided me."


Female Half-Elf Archaeologist Bard 2

"Yeah, thanks a ton." Carol chimes in, grinning. "Would've taken days for me to get here on foot."


Male Human Ranger (Shapeshifter) 3 { AC 13 | 18 of 35 hp }
Orlok Jr wrote:
Not long after, there is a knock at the door, and upon answering, you find Sheriff Caeller waiting outside, Father Grimburrow in tow. "Burning skeletons, I hear?" he asks with a grunt.

Val gestures to his burns and nods grimly. "I think an ambush was left for us, by whoever defiled Lorrimor before then."


Male Half-Elf/Kellid 3 Barbarian Wild Rager/Totem Warrior/1 Fighter Two-Handed Fighter

Agnar nods after Valachi speaks "I think so to, could of done a better job of it. Burning skeletons are not have sneaky."


HP 52/52 | AC 19 (T 12, FF 17) | CMD 15 | F +7 | R +4 | W +12 | Init +9 | Per +14

"They may not be sneaky, but they certainly were not what we were expecting to find there. Sheriff, Father, thank you for coming. Sheriff, I presume Riff told you what he witnessed? Father, how could something like this happen at all? I would have thought that the restlands would have wards against such magics, particularly when being watched by the church of Pharasma... But for such magic to be used within them, on resting dead you and your brothers placed there yourselves... This seems a very ill Potent to me."

551 to 600 of 2,574 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Orlok Jr's Carrion Crown - Game Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.