Revival of the Runelords

Game Master Peet

A slumbering power stirs beneath Varisia. Goblins attack, giants march, and chaos looms over the land. The heroes must discover the source of the conflict before a slumbering menace awakens and engulfs all of Varisia!

Build Rules | House Rules | My Golarion | Economic Rules | Tactical Map | Journal | Loot Page

Initiative: out of combat


1,201 to 1,250 of 1,699 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>

Revival of the Runelords Slideshow

The group falls back and returns to the loading entrance, and then Kargas opens the double doors.

He opens the door to mayhem. Before he can even blink, a glass bottle shatters on the wall next to him.

this room is clearly the main workshop of the glassworks, and furnaces are arranged along the east wall, with molten glass bubbling and churning in channels and pouring out on the floor.

The room is full of goblins, who are thoroughly trashing the place. Bits of broken glass and colored powder are everywhere, as is blood and as are numerous human bodies. The goblins gleefully break things and pour molten glass on the dead and generally engage in acts of random vandalism.

Most of the goblins are dressed and equipped like the ones you encountered during the raid, though one in the center of the room stands out... he has a sweeping cape and is balancing a large toad on his head.

dice:
Goblin 1 perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8
Goblin 2 perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3
Goblin 3 perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0
Goblin 4 perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3
Goblin 5 perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15
Goblin 6 perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17
Goblin 7 perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8
Goblin 8 perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19
Goblin 9 perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0
Goblin Poog perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2
Goblin Zwangy perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5

Cade: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Colvyn: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Floredana: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Kargas: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Laurana: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Rig Veda: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Goblin 1 Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Goblin 2 Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Goblin 3 Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Goblin 4 Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Goblin 5 Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Goblin 6 Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Goblin 7 Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Goblin 8 Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Goblin 9 Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Goblin Poog Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Goblin Zwangy Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Bellum Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

Most of the goblins do not notice Kargas enter, though the two in the center of the room point and shout,

"Longshanks! More longshanks!"

"Come here longshanks! We make bottle out of your head! Hahahaha!"


Revival of the Runelords Slideshow

Surprise Round!

The goblins with the Exclamation marks (!) are surprised and won't go this round. The ordinary goblins (with the colored borders) have AC 16, Flat-footed AC of 14, Touch AC of 13, and 6 HP. Thus you will know if your attack will kill a goblin, and this will speed things up (leave the goblin's icon on the map though until I get to it). The one with the frog and the one with the bow are different and I will have to adjudicate attacks against those.

The Tables are about 3' high and are sturdy-looking work tables. They provide cover. If you have a running start it is a DC 10 acrobatics check to jump up onto one (DC 20 if you are standing). Or a DC 10 climb check to get up on one if you start your move next to one. Cade, Colvyn, Bellum, and the goblins can all run under the tables if they want (though Cade would have to dismount).

Round 0 (Surprise Round) Initiative:
Block 1: Laurana, Bellum, Cade, Floredana, Kargas
Block 2: Purple, Teal, Orange
Block 3: Rig, Colvyn

Round 1 Initiative:
Block 1: Laurana
Block 2: White, Red, Yellow, Frog Goblin
Block 3: Bellum, Cade, Floredana
Block 4: Magenta
Block 5: Kargas
Block 6: Purple, Teal, Orange
Block 7: Rig
Block 8: Blue, Green
Block 9: Colvyn


Undine Varisian Pilgrim 2 | HP: 14/15 | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 14 CMD: 11| FC: 14 RC: 13 WC: 17 IDC: 16 BDC: 19 | Init +3 | Perception +10, Sense Motive +9; Darkvision 60ft | Move 40'[50]
Tracked Resources:
Bit of Luck: 6/7 | Agile Feet: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 3+0/3+0 | Channel Positive Energy 3/3 | Bless 47/50 | CLW 47/50

"Desna's grace upon us, we must stop them here and now!" Flo declares to her friends. A faint butterfly alights upon each of their weapons and the presence of something greater radiating from them.
________
Bless: +1 attack/saves vs fear.


Revival of the Runelords Slideshow

Yeah, good time for that.

Desna grants a blessing to all the group at the request of Floredana.

+1 morale bonus to hit.

Round 0 (Surprise Round) Initiative (bless: +1 to hit):
Block 1: Laurana, Bellum, Cade, Floredana, Kargas
Block 2: Purple, Teal, Orange
Block 3: Rig, Colvyn

Round 1 Initiative:
Block 1: Laurana
Block 2: White, Red, Yellow, Frog Goblin
Block 3: Bellum, Cade, Floredana
Block 4: Magenta
Block 5: Kargas
Block 6: Purple, Teal, Orange
Block 7: Rig
Block 8: Blue, Green
Block 9: Colvyn


RAGING:
Rounds per Day 6/8 l hp25/25 l F +8 R +2 W +3 l AC14 Touch10 FF13 CMB +7 CMD16 l Atk +7 Dmg 2d4+7
Half-Orc CN Bloodrager2 l hp21/21 l F +6 R +2 W +1 l AC16 Touch12 FF15 CMB +5 CMD16 l Perc +5 l Darkvision 60ft l Init +2 l Spd40ft l Intimidate +9(+10); DC13; Feint DC11

Lips curling back in a soundless snarl of rage, the spirit-warrior invokes his powers and steps towards the nearest pair of goblins, his curved blade flashing with lethal promise.
5ft Step, activate Rage 2/5, no Power Attack

Attack vs Red Goblin: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15 Falchion: 2d4 + 7 ⇒ (1, 1) + 7 = 9


M Ifrit Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2 | HP 13/15 | AC16 : T11 : FF15 : CMD15 | FC12 : RC15 : WC13 : IDC10 : BDC 10 | Init +5| Per +4 : SM -1 : Darkvision 60': Move 30'
Magic!:
Bard Performances: 2/9 |Spells: 0) Spark, Ghost sound, Detect Magic, Prestidigitation, Dancing Lights | 2/3/day 1) Cure Lt Wounds, Grease, Dazzling Blade

Kargas, you might want to move your icon, you stepped onto a table


RAGING:
Rounds per Day 6/8 l hp25/25 l F +8 R +2 W +3 l AC14 Touch10 FF13 CMB +7 CMD16 l Atk +7 Dmg 2d4+7
Half-Orc CN Bloodrager2 l hp21/21 l F +6 R +2 W +1 l AC16 Touch12 FF15 CMB +5 CMD16 l Perc +5 l Darkvision 60ft l Init +2 l Spd40ft l Intimidate +9(+10); DC13; Feint DC11

You are correct, good catch! Token moved so that I'm adjacent to the Blue Goblin now. GM I'd like to please change the target of my attack to Blue


Male HP:11/17 AC:19 T:15 FF:15 F:+0 R:+7 W:+0 Perc:+6 Init:+4 Rapier +9,1d4+0 CMB;+1 CMD:+15 Halfling Swashbuckler 2 (Inspired Blade)

Cade encourages Bellum to move towards the closest goblin (Red) and draws his rapier. He notices the archer all the way down the room and keeps him and Bellum off to the side to make it harder for them to be hit. Once they are close enough he stabs at the creature with a downward lunge.
Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
+1 BAB +4 Dex +1 Size +1 Focus +1 Bless
Cade is not used to riding into combat and misses his target. Frustrated he orders Bellum to attack the same Goblin.
Bellum, kill that thing
Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
+1 BAB +2 Str +1 Bless
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Ride Check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Satisfied with the results of the attack, Cade pats Bellum on the head.
Good boy...do not eat...not enough salt, pepper or garlic in the world to make that taste good.


Revival of the Runelords Slideshow

Kargas steps forward and with a single swing he dispatches the goblin. He can feel the heat of the furnace next to him.

Cade spurs Bellum forward and takes a lunge at one of the goblins, but misses.

Cade: since this is a surprise round Bellum cannot move and attack in the same round. But we can use his attack roll next round.

Round 0 (Surprise Round) Initiative (bless: +1 to hit):
Block 1: Laurana, Bellum, Cade, Floredana, Kargas
Block 2: Purple, Teal, Orange
Block 3: Rig, Colvyn

Round 1 Initiative:
Block 1: Laurana
Block 2: White, Red, Yellow, Frog Goblin
Block 3: Bellum, Cade, Floredana
Block 4: Magenta
Block 5: Kargas
Block 6: Purple, Teal, Orange
Block 7: Rig
Block 8: Blue, Green
Block 9: Colvyn

Laurana is up! I will bot her in 24 hours if we don't hear from her.

Rig & Colvyn: because of distance it is unlikely that anything that purple, teal, or orange may do will affect what you do. So if you want you can post your action now and I'll resolve it after they move. Actually, Laurana: you could do the same with your second action if you want.


M Ifrit Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2 | HP 13/15 | AC16 : T11 : FF15 : CMD15 | FC12 : RC15 : WC13 : IDC10 : BDC 10 | Init +5| Per +4 : SM -1 : Darkvision 60': Move 30'
Magic!:
Bard Performances: 2/9 |Spells: 0) Spark, Ghost sound, Detect Magic, Prestidigitation, Dancing Lights | 2/3/day 1) Cure Lt Wounds, Grease, Dazzling Blade

Rig will start a inspire courage speech


Female Wizard (Diviner/Foresight) 2 | HP 12/12 | AC 13 (17 w/ MA) : T 13 : FF 10 : CMD 14 | FC 12 : RC 14 : WC 14 : IDC 11 : BDC 10 | Init +9 | Per +4 : S.M. +0 : Low-light vision | Move 30'
weapons:
MW shortbow +5 (1d6+0) (x3); Rapier +4 (1d6+0) (18-20x2); Cracked Tangerine Pentacle (Ioun Stone) 7 charges MM 1d4+1
languages:
Celestial, Common, Draconic, Elven, Goblin, Sylvan, Thassilonian, Giant;
Spells:
Prescience 7/7 (CL 2st; concentration +7) 1st (6)—identify, mage armor, unseen servant, color spray, EP, spontaneous spell; 0 (at will; Spell Power 4)—detect magic, light, read magic, prestidigitation

Sorry, computer issues. My GPU died.

Laurana watched in horror as the goblins continued to mutilate the bodies of the dead. With bow in hand she made her way, sliding by her friends to try and get a better look at what was going on and where the enemies were.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Revival of the Runelords Slideshow

Laurana slips into the room behind Kargas.

One of the goblins comes running from the far end of the room, while the other two look at Kargas in shock.

"They killed Keni!" one shouts.

"Those bastards!" shouts the other.

Both of them fling broken bottles at Kargas.

Flung glassware -4 cover: 1d20 - 1 - 4 ⇒ (11) - 1 - 4 = 6
Flung glassware -4 cover: 1d20 - 1 - 4 ⇒ (1) - 1 - 4 = -4

Neither projectile even comes close, but the glass shatters and scatters sharp pieces of glass all over.

The two squares with a blue asterisk (*) now have broken glass and count as having caltrops. Expect a lot more asterisks during this fight. BTW the one on the table is on top of the table rather than underneath.

Rig begins his inspiring dance.

Goblins with exclamation marks are still flat-footed.

Round 0 (Surprise Round) Initiative (bless + bard: +2 to hit, +1 damage):
Block 1: Laurana, Bellum, Cade, Floredana, Kargas
Block 2: Purple, Teal, Orange
Block 3: Colvyn, Rig

Round 1 Initiative:
Block 1: Laurana
Block 2: White, Red, Yellow, Frog Goblin
Block 3: Bellum, Cade, Floredana
Block 4: Magenta
Block 5: Kargas
Block 6: Purple, Teal, Orange
Block 7: Rig
Block 8: Blue, Green
Block 9: Colvyn

Colvyn and Laurana are up!


RAGING:
Rounds per Day 6/8 l hp25/25 l F +8 R +2 W +3 l AC14 Touch10 FF13 CMB +7 CMD16 l Atk +7 Dmg 2d4+7
Half-Orc CN Bloodrager2 l hp21/21 l F +6 R +2 W +1 l AC16 Touch12 FF15 CMB +5 CMD16 l Perc +5 l Darkvision 60ft l Init +2 l Spd40ft l Intimidate +9(+10); DC13; Feint DC11

How heavy do these tables look?


Revival of the Runelords Slideshow

Sturdy enough that someone standing on them wouldn't hurt them, but easy enough to move if you want. They don't seem to be fixed to the floor.


Male Ratfolk Warpriest 1 / Trapper 1 | hp 12/16 | AC18 T15 FF 14 CMD 14 | F 15 R 16 W 14 BDC 13 IDC 14| Init +4 | Perc +9 (+3 vs traps) S.M. +2 Darkvision 60ft | Move 20 Ft
Spoiler:
Blessing: 2/3, Prepared Spell : Level 0 : Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize | Level 1 : Divine Power, Protection from Evil

Colvyn walks in the room, asking for Erastil to bless his bow. The same green flame that was used during the festival appears on it. For now, he stands behind Cade, judging which goblin deserved the first arrow.

Activating Blessing of Good.


Female Wizard (Diviner/Foresight) 2 | HP 12/12 | AC 13 (17 w/ MA) : T 13 : FF 10 : CMD 14 | FC 12 : RC 14 : WC 14 : IDC 11 : BDC 10 | Init +9 | Per +4 : S.M. +0 : Low-light vision | Move 30'
weapons:
MW shortbow +5 (1d6+0) (x3); Rapier +4 (1d6+0) (18-20x2); Cracked Tangerine Pentacle (Ioun Stone) 7 charges MM 1d4+1
languages:
Celestial, Common, Draconic, Elven, Goblin, Sylvan, Thassilonian, Giant;
Spells:
Prescience 7/7 (CL 2st; concentration +7) 1st (6)—identify, mage armor, unseen servant, color spray, EP, spontaneous spell; 0 (at will; Spell Power 4)—detect magic, light, read magic, prestidigitation

Luarana took aim and prepared her arrow, she had a limited number of spells and she was not prepared to use them yet. She took a step to her left and sighted down the arrow. She watched from behind the bow as the arrow looked like it would fly true and hit as hard as it could.

attack yellow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 191d6 ⇒ 6


Revival of the Runelords Slideshow

Colvyn calls on the power of Erastil, and green flame runs the length of his bow.

Colvyn: You were acting in a surprise round, so you could not both activate a blessing and move in the same round (unless you have a way of doing one of those things as a swift action). I assume the blessing is more important so we will assume you are using that. I moved your token back onto the loading bay.

Laurana takes a shot and strikes the goblin squarely in the chest! He gurgles and reels, and then collapses.

Laurana: don't forget the +1 to damage from Rig's performance.

One of the goblins at the far end of the room comes around the table and races towards the action. The goblin with the frog on his head steps to the side and shouts "Zarongel will burn you dead! That's worse than burned alive because you is dead after!"

He flings a ball of flame at Kargas, striking Kargas in the torso.

Fire Bolt: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 111d6 ⇒ 3

Kargas: 3 fire damage. Also: please include your Touch and Flat-footed AC in your stat line.

The goblin next to Cade and Bellum screams. "Help! He brought a dog!" He swings a dogslicer at Bellum and backs away.

Dogslicer: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 161d4 ⇒ 3

Cade: Bellum takes 3 damage. Also: If Bellum attacks please use Bellum's Avatar to make the attack, rather than

Round 1 Initiative: (bless + bard: +2 to hit, +1 damage)
Block 1: Laurana
Block 2: White, Red, Yellow (-7, dying), Frog Goblin
Block 3: Bellum (-3), Cade, Floredana
Block 4: Magenta
Block 5: Kargas (-3)
Block 6: Purple, Teal, Orange
Block 7: Rig
Block 8: Blue (-9, dying), Green
Block 9: Colvyn

Bellum, Cade, and Floredana are up! Also, Kargas: go ahead and post. Magenta's action will resolve first but is not going to change anything.


Undine Varisian Pilgrim 2 | HP: 14/15 | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 14 CMD: 11| FC: 14 RC: 13 WC: 17 IDC: 16 BDC: 19 | Init +3 | Perception +10, Sense Motive +9; Darkvision 60ft | Move 40'[50]
Tracked Resources:
Bit of Luck: 6/7 | Agile Feet: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 3+0/3+0 | Channel Positive Energy 3/3 | Bless 47/50 | CLW 47/50

Anticipating a little more participation in this fight than the prior ones, Flo slips into the room and draws her Starknife. "Zarongel, you won't be burning anyone else, alive or dead, today!"
________
Really feeling the lack of a BAB right now!


Revival of the Runelords Slideshow

Almost forgot:

Colvyn:
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
"Zarongel" is one of the goblin "hero gods." He is the patron of fire, dog-killing, and mounted combat.


RAGING:
Rounds per Day 6/8 l hp25/25 l F +8 R +2 W +3 l AC14 Touch10 FF13 CMB +7 CMD16 l Atk +7 Dmg 2d4+7
Half-Orc CN Bloodrager2 l hp21/21 l F +6 R +2 W +1 l AC16 Touch12 FF15 CMB +5 CMD16 l Perc +5 l Darkvision 60ft l Init +2 l Spd40ft l Intimidate +9(+10); DC13; Feint DC11

Dropping his falchion at his feet the enraged warrior seizes the table, flipping it and sending the broken glass atop it tinkling to the floor. Hauling the table around Kargas interposes its bulk between his companions and the main mass of goblins. Kneeling behind his impromptu barricade the half-orc bares his tusks. "Come on, you ugly green s#@+s!" he roars at them.

I assume that'd take about two Move Actions. I'd like it to be in front of Kargas, running from the furnace over to the edge of Red Goblin's square. I added a brown line to indicate its location on the map.


Male HP:13/13 AC:16 T:13 FF:14 F:+5 R:+5 W:+1 Perc:+8 Init:+2 Bite +3,1d6+3 + Trip CMB;+3 CMD:+15, 19 vs Trip DOG:

Bellum takes the hit and with the urging of Cade continues after the goblin. He bites the goblin and thrashes him back and forth until he falls to the ground.
Using the attack from the surprise round.


Male HP:11/17 AC:19 T:15 FF:15 F:+0 R:+7 W:+0 Perc:+6 Init:+4 Rapier +9,1d4+0 CMB;+1 CMD:+15 Halfling Swashbuckler 2 (Inspired Blade)

Cade urges the dog after the goblin.
Bad form, bad form indeed. Bellum...show him some manners.
As the dog attacks the goblin Cade waits for the goblins to come closer.
Holding an attack for any the goblin that may come towards him.


Revival of the Runelords Slideshow

Floredana enters the room and draws her starknife.

Floredana Mandulescu wrote:
"Zarongel, you won't be burning anyone else, alive or dead, today!"

"Stupid!" shouts the goblin with the frog on his head. "Only priests of Zarongel can talk to Zarongel! He not listen to you!"

"Poog - I think blue lady talking about you," says one of the other goblins.

"No, she said 'Zarongel.' I not Zarongel. She not allowed to say Zarongel! That name is sacred name!"

While the goblins argue, Bellum lunges forwards and bites the nearby goblin by the neck, throttling him. The goblin drops to the floor, dying.

Another goblin runs up from the rear of the room and flings a bottle at Bellum, but the bottle smashes against the wall and shards of glass rain on the dying goblin in front of Bellum.

hurled glassware -2 partial cover: 1d20 - 1 - 2 ⇒ (7) - 1 - 2 = 41d8 ⇒ 7

Kargas pulls out the table and flips it over, providing cover to those behind it.

Medium creatures will have cover behind the table. Colvyn will have total cover, and won't be able to fire over it unless he has something to stand on.

hurled glassware -4 cover v. Kargas: 1d20 - 1 - 4 ⇒ (17) - 1 - 4 = 121d8 ⇒ 5
hurled glassware v. Bellum: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 181d3 ⇒ 2
hurled glassware v. Floredana: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 71d8 ⇒ 4

Three more goblins rush forwards and hurl bits of broken glass at the heroes! Glass shatters around Floredana and smashes against the table in front of Kargas, but one piece of broken glass manages to strike Bellum!

Bellum: 2 more damage.

More broken glass on the floor now.


Revival of the Runelords Slideshow

Round 1 Initiative: (bless + bard: +2 to hit, +1 damage)
Block 1: Laurana
Block 2: White, Red (-10, dying), Yellow (-7, dying), Frog Goblin
Block 3: Bellum (-3), Cade, Floredana
Block 4: Magenta
Block 5: Kargas (-3)
Block 6: Purple, Teal, Orange
Block 7: Rig
Block 8: Blue (-9, dying), Green, Archer
Block 9: Colvyn

Round 2 Initiative: (bless + bard: +2 to hit, +1 damage)
Block 1: Laurana
Block 2: White, Red (-10, dying), Yellow (-7, dying), Frog Goblin
Block 3: Bellum (-3), Cade, Floredana
Block 4: Magenta
Block 5: Kargas (-3)
Block 6: Purple, Teal, Orange
Block 7: Rig
Block 8: Blue (-9, dying), Green, Archer
Block 9: Colvyn

Rig is up! Also, Colvyn and Laurana: go ahead and post. Green's and the Archer's actions will resolve first but they are unlikely going to change much. If you want to target green or the archer you could make a conditional post based on where you think the goblin will be.


Female Wizard (Diviner/Foresight) 2 | HP 12/12 | AC 13 (17 w/ MA) : T 13 : FF 10 : CMD 14 | FC 12 : RC 14 : WC 14 : IDC 11 : BDC 10 | Init +9 | Per +4 : S.M. +0 : Low-light vision | Move 30'
weapons:
MW shortbow +5 (1d6+0) (x3); Rapier +4 (1d6+0) (18-20x2); Cracked Tangerine Pentacle (Ioun Stone) 7 charges MM 1d4+1
languages:
Celestial, Common, Draconic, Elven, Goblin, Sylvan, Thassilonian, Giant;
Spells:
Prescience 7/7 (CL 2st; concentration +7) 1st (6)—identify, mage armor, unseen servant, color spray, EP, spontaneous spell; 0 (at will; Spell Power 4)—detect magic, light, read magic, prestidigitation

Seeing success in her first shot, Laurana quickly drew another arrow and stepped up to the table so she would have cover and the goblins wound not. She first found a target and fired. She then found find a momentary surge of courage due to her success, she shouted in goblin. "Zarongel duuch an duun shuulkaan ac mech o dhuur khruur rhaac haleklen. Maan tal o shuugokhaal men dhar." She immediately wished she had said something more pithy.

goblin:
Zarongel told us to come and kill you for not being pacifists. He said you corrupted his faith.

attack purple: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 241d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Revival of the Runelords Slideshow
Laurana Kanan wrote:
and stepped up to the table so she would have cover ...

I moved your token next to Kargas. You can get there without stepping in caltrops.


Revival of the Runelords Slideshow

Oh, also,for the record:

Jumping over Caltrops/Broken Glass

Acrobatics can be used to jump over a square with caltrops.

If you have a running start, the DC is 5. A running start requires moving at least two squares in a straight line before jumping (in the same direction as the line).

Without a running start the DC is 10.


M Ifrit Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2 | HP 13/15 | AC16 : T11 : FF15 : CMD15 | FC12 : RC15 : WC13 : IDC10 : BDC 10 | Init +5| Per +4 : SM -1 : Darkvision 60': Move 30'
Magic!:
Bard Performances: 2/9 |Spells: 0) Spark, Ghost sound, Detect Magic, Prestidigitation, Dancing Lights | 2/3/day 1) Cure Lt Wounds, Grease, Dazzling Blade

Rig continues his dance, moving forward in a spiral of motion. He attempts to leap over some of the broken glass in his way Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 barely, thanks for posting the rules :) and wades into the goblins. His blade flashes in the light of the kiln as he slashes at the goblin in front of him...
attack(teal): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
but his foe nimbly steps out of the way.
not one but two 3's?!


Revival of the Runelords Slideshow
Rig Veda wrote:
not one but two 3's?!

Sometimes you have to roll the hard six. :)

Rig jumps over the broken glass to attack one of the goblins. But in midair he flies past another goblin (purple) who is holding a set of tongs, with a beaker full of molten glass. The goblin tries to splash the molten glass onto Rig as he goes by! The molten glass lands on Rig's skin and burns fiercely, while the goblin giggles with glee.

Purple AoO Touch: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (19) - 2 = 171d4 ⇒ 2

Rig: 2 points of fire damage.

Blue Stabilize: 1d20 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (11) + 1 - 3 = 9
Green Glass Tongs Touch: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 11d4 ⇒ 2
Archer Longbow -4 cover: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 - 4 = 131d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 = 7

One of the goblins runs over from the side with another pair of tongs and swings it at ring, but misses and nearly splatters the other two goblins.

"Hey, watch it!"

"Ah, shaddup!"

The goblin with the bow takes out an arrow wadded with oily cloth. She dips the tip of the arrow in a beaker full of burning oil, and takes aim, and shoots! The flaming arrow streaks across the room but flies over Rig's head and clatters against the far wall.

Laurana comes to the table barricade and shoots over it, striking the goblin ten feet away with another well-placed arrow.


Revival of the Runelords Slideshow

Round 1 Initiative: (bless + bard: +2 to hit, +1 damage)
Block 1: Laurana
Block 2: White, Red, Yellow, Frog Goblin
Block 3: Bellum, Cade, Floredana
Block 4: Magenta
Block 5: Kargas
Block 6: Purple, Teal, Orange
Block 7: Rig
Block 8: Blue, Green, Archer
Block 9: Colvyn

Round 2 Initiative: (bless + bard: +2 to hit, +1 damage)
Block 1: Laurana
Block 2: White, Red (-10, dying), Yellow (-7, dying), Frog Goblin
Block 3: Bellum (-5), Cade, Floredana
Block 4: Magenta
Block 5: Kargas (-3)
Block 6: Purple (-4), Teal, Orange
Block 7: Rig
Block 8: Blue (-10, dying), Green, Archer
Block 9: Colvyn

Just waiting for Colvyn now.


Female Wizard (Diviner/Foresight) 2 | HP 12/12 | AC 13 (17 w/ MA) : T 13 : FF 10 : CMD 14 | FC 12 : RC 14 : WC 14 : IDC 11 : BDC 10 | Init +9 | Per +4 : S.M. +0 : Low-light vision | Move 30'
weapons:
MW shortbow +5 (1d6+0) (x3); Rapier +4 (1d6+0) (18-20x2); Cracked Tangerine Pentacle (Ioun Stone) 7 charges MM 1d4+1
languages:
Celestial, Common, Draconic, Elven, Goblin, Sylvan, Thassilonian, Giant;
Spells:
Prescience 7/7 (CL 2st; concentration +7) 1st (6)—identify, mage armor, unseen servant, color spray, EP, spontaneous spell; 0 (at will; Spell Power 4)—detect magic, light, read magic, prestidigitation

Thanks, I forgot about the broken glass!


Male Ratfolk Warpriest 1 / Trapper 1 | hp 12/16 | AC18 T15 FF 14 CMD 14 | F 15 R 16 W 14 BDC 13 IDC 14| Init +4 | Perc +9 (+3 vs traps) S.M. +2 Darkvision 60ft | Move 20 Ft
Spoiler:
Blessing: 2/3, Prepared Spell : Level 0 : Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize | Level 1 : Divine Power, Protection from Evil

Colvyn walks into the room and aim at one of the goblins surrounding Rig.

Lonbow: 1d20 + 6 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 1 - 4 = 16
damage: 1d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 1 + (5) = 9


RAGING:
Rounds per Day 6/8 l hp25/25 l F +8 R +2 W +3 l AC14 Touch10 FF13 CMB +7 CMD16 l Atk +7 Dmg 2d4+7
Half-Orc CN Bloodrager2 l hp21/21 l F +6 R +2 W +1 l AC16 Touch12 FF15 CMB +5 CMD16 l Perc +5 l Darkvision 60ft l Init +2 l Spd40ft l Intimidate +9(+10); DC13; Feint DC11

What would be the check for vaulting the overturned table?


Revival of the Runelords Slideshow
Kargas Stormscar wrote:
What would be the check for vaulting the overturned table?

If you just want to hop over it from one side to the other as a move action then no check would be required.

If you want to jump over it as a part of a move, a DC 20 acrobatics roll would be enough to move as if it wasn't there.

A climb check allows you to move 1/4 of your land speed as a climb (which would be 10 feet), so of you make a climb check you could spend the 5 feet necessary to climb it and then have half your move remaining. It ought to be pretty easy so we'll say DC 10.


Revival of the Runelords Slideshow
Colvyn "Slick" Dashtail wrote:
Colvyn walks into the room and aim at one of the goblins surrounding Rig.

I see you deducted the -4 penalty for shooting into melee... I'm going to assume you are aiming at purple since he is the only one who would not have an additional -4 penalty due to cover.

Colvyn's arrow strikes the goblin in the side of the head, and there is a burst of green flame as the goblin goes down.

Red Stabilize: 1d20 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 1 - 4 = 14
Yellow Stabilize: 1d20 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 - 1 = 20

The goblin at the rear of the hall runs towards the group and flings a glass urn at Laurana! But the urn sails past Laurana's head and lands on the floor behind her, showering Colvyn with fragments of glass!

hurled glassware -4 cover: 1d20 - 1 - 4 ⇒ (9) - 1 - 4 = 41d8 ⇒ 1

Cade & Colvyn: FYI you have broken glass in your square but you can leave those squares without risking the broken glass. It is only when you enter a space with the glass that you make the check.

The goblin with the frog on his head screams at Cade. "You bring dog for us to kill! Killing dogs is sacred to Zarongel!"

He flings a bolt of fire at Bellum. But Bellum slips to the side and the flame splashes against the wall harmlessly.

Fire Bolt: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Note: The Frog Goblin is under the table.


Revival of the Runelords Slideshow

Round 2 Initiative: (bless + bard: +2 to hit, +1 damage)
Block 1: Laurana
Block 2: White, Red (-10, stable), Yellow (-7, stable), Frog Goblin
Block 3: Bellum (-5), Cade, Floredana
Block 4: Magenta
Block 5: Kargas (-3)
Block 6: Purple (-13, dying), Teal, Orange
Block 7: Rig
Block 8: Blue (-10, dying), Green, Archer
Block 9: Colvyn

Bellum, Cade, & Floredana are up.

Kargas: If you want to post now go ahead, but keep in mind that Magenta will move first.


RAGING:
Rounds per Day 6/8 l hp25/25 l F +8 R +2 W +3 l AC14 Touch10 FF13 CMB +7 CMD16 l Atk +7 Dmg 2d4+7
Half-Orc CN Bloodrager2 l hp21/21 l F +6 R +2 W +1 l AC16 Touch12 FF15 CMB +5 CMD16 l Perc +5 l Darkvision 60ft l Init +2 l Spd40ft l Intimidate +9(+10); DC13; Feint DC11

Rising from his crouch, Kargas reaches back and draws one of his javelins, taking aim at one of the goblins rushing towards the press around rig and hurling it with a scream. The moment its haft leaves his hand the half-orc whips around, eyes zeroing in on the spot where he dropped his falchion.

Throw vs Orange Gob: 1d20 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 2 + 1 + 1 = 15 Javelin: 1d6 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 1 = 9
If Magenta moves to be between Kargas and Orange, Kargas will switch his target to it (or whatever goblin is closest, not in cover, and not in melee)


Male HP:11/17 AC:19 T:15 FF:15 F:+0 R:+7 W:+0 Perc:+6 Init:+4 Rapier +9,1d4+0 CMB;+1 CMD:+15 Halfling Swashbuckler 2 (Inspired Blade)

Cade see that they are targeting Bellum and deiceds it is best to remove him from the fight for now. He winces as he looks at the wounds his companion has suffered and leans down and pats him on the head
Go and Stay by the door we came in.
Handle Animal: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Command Bellum Move action, Dismount Free Action, move at half speed through glass area half speed.
Cade dismount and looks back at his companions.
sorry, please forgive me and pardon my language....
Oh I see how it is...You can not deal with me so you insult my friends...that makes me angry and now I am going to kill you and skull f**& Zarongel. Oh how I will make him scream my name....
Cade has not smiled much as of late but a slight smile crosses his face as he steps into combat while drawing his second weapon.
He looks over a Kargas
I think I got their attention, now you go and kill them


Undine Varisian Pilgrim 2 | HP: 14/15 | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 14 CMD: 11| FC: 14 RC: 13 WC: 17 IDC: 16 BDC: 19 | Init +3 | Perception +10, Sense Motive +9; Darkvision 60ft | Move 40'[50]
Tracked Resources:
Bit of Luck: 6/7 | Agile Feet: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 3+0/3+0 | Channel Positive Energy 3/3 | Bless 47/50 | CLW 47/50

Seeing the frontlines fill up, Flo leaps across the piles of broken glass with supernatural grace, her legs effortlessly bounding over them. Passing Rig, she tries to roll between him and the goblin, hopefully confounding the creature before it has the chance to strike. Her starknife whips out with a flash to slice at the goblin's face.

"Desna protects Sandpoint, POOG! Zarongel has no influence here!" I can't believe a goblin just corrected me... I'm going to have to focus on my studies a little harder.
________

Rolls:

Acrobatics (Jumping), DC 10: 1d20 + 3 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 3 + 8 = 25
Acrobatics (Jumping), DC 10: 1d20 + 3 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 3 + 8 = 25
Acrobatics (Tumble): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Attack (Bless, Inspire) vs Frog Goblin: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 3 + 2 = 191d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

I am a d20 rolling champion! DM, in the future if I can't fail a roll, do you want us to just say it happens, or roll anyways? EDIT: changed target to the frog goblin, thought teal was blue.


Female Wizard (Diviner/Foresight) 2 | HP 12/12 | AC 13 (17 w/ MA) : T 13 : FF 10 : CMD 14 | FC 12 : RC 14 : WC 14 : IDC 11 : BDC 10 | Init +9 | Per +4 : S.M. +0 : Low-light vision | Move 30'
weapons:
MW shortbow +5 (1d6+0) (x3); Rapier +4 (1d6+0) (18-20x2); Cracked Tangerine Pentacle (Ioun Stone) 7 charges MM 1d4+1
languages:
Celestial, Common, Draconic, Elven, Goblin, Sylvan, Thassilonian, Giant;
Spells:
Prescience 7/7 (CL 2st; concentration +7) 1st (6)—identify, mage armor, unseen servant, color spray, EP, spontaneous spell; 0 (at will; Spell Power 4)—detect magic, light, read magic, prestidigitation

Laurana blanches visibly at Cade's language. :)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Revival of the Runelords Slideshow

Argh! Message goblins ate my post. Starting over...

Cade:

Cade pats Bellum on the head and speaks a few words to him, but Bellum stares at Cade blankly.

Cade then tries to jump down quickly from Bellum's back but his foot is tangled in the stirrup for a moment and it takes him longer than he expected.

Cade:
Cade Goodbarrel wrote:

Cade ... leans down and pats him on the head

Go and Stay by the door we came in.
Handle Animal: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Since the DC to command an animal to perform a trick as a move action goes up by 2 (to 12) when the animal is injured, this is a failure.

But even if you succeeded, Bellum wouldn't know what to do. As a move action you can command an animal to perform a trick it knows. Bellum knows attack, come, defend, down, guard, and heel. None of these tricks allow you to command Bellum to go somewhere else.

As a full-round action you can "push" an animal to do something that you just make up on the fly. But this is much harder to convey and the DC is 25 (27 if Bellum is injured). You are not capable of making that check even with a 20, so I assume that is not what you intended to attempt.

Cade Goodbarrel wrote:
Command Bellum Move action, Dismount Free Action, move at half speed through glass area half speed.

Dismounting as a free action is called a fast dismount, and requires a DC 20 ride check (if you fail it takes a move action). You didn't roll, so here goes:

Ride: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

So it takes a move action. I put your token next tot he wall so you would have a bit of cover, but if you want you can switch that to any square next to Bellum (though if you are in the caltrops you could take damage).

-------------------------------
Floredana:

Floredana:
I'm pretty sure I can see a legal path that you can move the way you describe, but particularly for this kind of move please describe the path that you are taking. You can do this with words or short forms, or you can draw a line on the map.

Remember if you move more than half speed, the DC of tumble checks increases by 10.

Also, I'd prefer if you not spoiler your rolls, unless there is some reason you don't want others to see them.

Floedana nimbly leaps over several treacherous patches of broken glass. She tries to dance past some goblins to get into position but two goblins take swings at her as she goes by.

Green: AoE Hot Glass Tongs vs Touch: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (4) - 2 = 2
Poog: AoE Dogslicer: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Poog: AoE Crit?: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
damage: 2d4 ⇒ (1, 2) = 3

Floredana: 3 damage.

The goblins laugh with glee as Floredana is cut by Poog's dogslicer. "Hah haahh!" shouts the goblin. "Zarongel in charge now! Puny human gods be gone soon, now that- Ow! Heeeeyy!" Poog whines as Floredana slices him with her starknife.

-------------------------------
Goblins! (and Kargas):

"Grab dat blue lady!" Poog shouts to the other goblins. "She cut me, and I is sacred! Drag her into the fiery glass melty thingy! Yeah, haha!"

One of the goblins rushes forwards, dropping his tongs with their beaker of molten glass, and tries to grab Floredana's ankles.

"I get the legs an' you get the arms!" it shouts.

Magenta: Aid another: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Kargas hurls his spear at the goblin attacking Floredana, but the target is too small and fast, and his javelin clatters on the floor.

Another goblin rushes up past Poog and leaps at Floredana. Her starknife flashes but she misses, and the goblin latches onto her arm.

Floredana: AoE: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 2 = 8
Orange: Grapple: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17

"Ha! Gotcha!" it shrieks, and it begins trying to pull her backwards towards the furnace!

Meanwhile, one of the goblins fighting Rig tries to splash him with molten glass, but the glass spills harmlessly on the floor.

Teal: Hot Glass Tongs vs Touch: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (6) - 2 = 4

"Hey! Stand still so I can burn ya!" it shouts.

Purple Stabilize: 1d20 + 1 - 7 ⇒ (8) + 1 - 7 = 2


Revival of the Runelords Slideshow

Round 2 Initiative: (bless + bard: +2 to hit, +1 damage)
Block 1: Laurana
Block 2: White, Red, Yellow, Poog
Block 3: Bellum, Cade, Floredana
Block 4: Magenta
Block 5: Kargas
Block 6: Purple, Teal, Orange
Block 7: Rig
Block 8: Blue (-10, dying), Green, Archer
Block 9: Colvyn

Round 3 Initiative: (bless + bard: +2 to hit, +1 damage)
Block 1: Laurana
Block 2: White, Red (-10, stable), Yellow (-7, stable), Poog (-5)
Block 3: Bellum (-5), Cade, Floredana (-3, grappled)
Block 4: Magenta
Block 5: Kargas (-3)
Block 6: Purple (-14, dying), Teal, Orange
Block 7: Rig
Block 8: Blue (-10, dying), Green, Archer
Block 9: Colvyn

Rig is up. Colvyn and Laurana may make conditional posts but keep in mind that Green and the Archer will go before you do.

Looks like the great wall of goblins. I didn't plan that. :)


M Ifrit Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2 | HP 13/15 | AC16 : T11 : FF15 : CMD15 | FC12 : RC15 : WC13 : IDC10 : BDC 10 | Init +5| Per +4 : SM -1 : Darkvision 60': Move 30'
Magic!:
Bard Performances: 2/9 |Spells: 0) Spark, Ghost sound, Detect Magic, Prestidigitation, Dancing Lights | 2/3/day 1) Cure Lt Wounds, Grease, Dazzling Blade

Rig continues his inspirational dance, zigging and zagging away from the goblin attacks. "Flo!", he exclaims, seeing her in trouble. "Nasty little buggers." Firelight flashes in his eyes as he charges his scimitar arcane strike and whirls it around in an upswing at the goblin in front of him.
attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6


Revival of the Runelords Slideshow

Rig strikes one of the goblins with his scimitar, and the goblin reels, but is still standing.

Rig Veda wrote:
... and whirls it around in an upswing at the goblin in front of him.

Which one? There are two goblins in front of you, Teal and Green. That goblin will be staggered.

One of the goblins strikes again at rig with his red-hot tongs, burning him.

Green: Hot Glass Tongs vs Touch: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (19) - 2 = 17
Damage: Hot Glass Tongs: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Rig 1 fire damage.

The goblin archer lights another arrow, and this time shoots at the elven archer she sees at the far end of the room! But the arrow sinks harmlessly into the table she is using as cover.

Archer: Longbow -4 cover: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 5 - 4 = 4

Blue: Stabilize: 1d20 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 1 - 4 = 17


Revival of the Runelords Slideshow

Round 3 Initiative: (bless + bard: +2 to hit, +1 damage)
Block 1: Colvyn, Laurana
Block 2: White, Red (-10, stable), Yellow (-7, stable), Poog (-5)
Block 3: Bellum (-5), Cade, Floredana (-3, grappled)
Block 4: Magenta
Block 5: Kargas (-3)
Block 6: Purple (-14, dying), Teal, Orange
Block 7: Rig
Block 8: Blue (-10, stable), Green, Archer
Block 9: Colvyn

Colvyn and Laurana are up!


Female Wizard (Diviner/Foresight) 2 | HP 12/12 | AC 13 (17 w/ MA) : T 13 : FF 10 : CMD 14 | FC 12 : RC 14 : WC 14 : IDC 11 : BDC 10 | Init +9 | Per +4 : S.M. +0 : Low-light vision | Move 30'
weapons:
MW shortbow +5 (1d6+0) (x3); Rapier +4 (1d6+0) (18-20x2); Cracked Tangerine Pentacle (Ioun Stone) 7 charges MM 1d4+1
languages:
Celestial, Common, Draconic, Elven, Goblin, Sylvan, Thassilonian, Giant;
Spells:
Prescience 7/7 (CL 2st; concentration +7) 1st (6)—identify, mage armor, unseen servant, color spray, EP, spontaneous spell; 0 (at will; Spell Power 4)—detect magic, light, read magic, prestidigitation

From her position of relative safety, Laurana planned to continue to snipe at the enemy. Raising her bow again she looked for an opponent but they were all engaged too closely for her liking with her friends. Instead, she looked at the enemy archer. She felt the shot was good but she could tell there wasnt much punch behind it.

attack archer: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 151d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Revival of the Runelords Slideshow

Laurana's shot glances off the central table and sails overhead of the goblin archer.

Between the green goblin and the table in the middle of the room, your enemy has cover.

Round 3 Initiative: (bless + bard: +2 to hit, +1 damage)
Block 1: Colvyn, Laurana
Block 2: White, Red (-10, stable), Yellow (-7, stable), Poog (-5)
Block 3: Bellum (-5), Cade, Floredana (-3, grappled)
Block 4: Magenta
Block 5: Kargas (-3)
Block 6: Purple (-14, dying), Teal, Orange
Block 7: Rig
Block 8: Blue (-10, stable), Green, Archer
Block 9: Colvyn

Colvyn is up!


M Ifrit Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2 | HP 13/15 | AC16 : T11 : FF15 : CMD15 | FC12 : RC15 : WC13 : IDC10 : BDC 10 | Init +5| Per +4 : SM -1 : Darkvision 60': Move 30'
Magic!:
Bard Performances: 2/9 |Spells: 0) Spark, Ghost sound, Detect Magic, Prestidigitation, Dancing Lights | 2/3/day 1) Cure Lt Wounds, Grease, Dazzling Blade

oops, teal


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Ratfolk Warpriest 1 / Trapper 1 | hp 12/16 | AC18 T15 FF 14 CMD 14 | F 15 R 16 W 14 BDC 13 IDC 14| Init +4 | Perc +9 (+3 vs traps) S.M. +2 Darkvision 60ft | Move 20 Ft
Spoiler:
Blessing: 2/3, Prepared Spell : Level 0 : Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize | Level 1 : Divine Power, Protection from Evil

Tired of the loud mouth goblin with the frog on his head, Colvyn aims for him. Taking his time, he sends the arrow flying, hoping to hit right between the eyes. He then looks at the goblin holding Floredana. "Let go of the Lady... Now!"

Longbow: 1d20 + 7 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 7 + 2 - 4 = 25
Crit: 1d20 + 7 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 7 + 2 - 4 = 25
Damage: 3d6 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (5, 4, 2) + 6 + (2) = 19


Revival of the Runelords Slideshow

Colvyn: Your attack should have been at -8; -4 for the target being in melee with an an ally, and -4 for cover. But we can't argue with a pair of natural 20s. :)

Colvyn shoots just as the goblin turns to face him, and his arrow takes the goblin right in the eye. The arrow bursts out the other side of his skull. The goblin looks around, bewildered for a moment, and then drops dead. The frog jumps clear and hides under a table.

Not just dying, dead.

The one goblin not actually fighting shouts "You killed Poog! That not allowed!" The goblin rushes past Floredana towards Colvyn, his red-hot tongs flashing.

Floredana tries to slash at the goblin as he goes by, but the goblin hauling on her arm throws off her aim.

Floredana AoO +2 buffs -4 grapple: 1d20 + 3 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 3 + 2 - 4 = 15

The goblin stabs at Colvyn with the beaker full of hot molten glass! The glass splashes on Colvyn and his fur is singed.

White: Hot Glass Tongs vs. Touch -4 cover: 1d20 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (20) - 2 - 4 = 14
Since this would not be a hit if 20s were not automatic hits, I am going to rule that it cannot be a crit.
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Colvyn: 1 fire damage.

1,201 to 1,250 of 1,699 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Revival of the Runelords Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.