Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

Revival of the Runelords

Game Master Peet

A slumbering power stirs beneath Varisia. Goblins attack, giants march, and chaos looms over the land. The heroes must discover the source of the conflict before a slumbering menace awakens and engulfs all of Varisia!

Build Rules | House Rules | My Golarion | Economic Rules | Tactical Map | Journal | Loot Page

Initiative: not in combat


1 to 50 of 1,427 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Revival of the Runelords Slideshow

As the sun began stting below the horizon, the revelers at Sandpoint's Swallowtail Festival began to gather at the square outside the new cathedral. The dedication would begins soon and Father Zantus would make the first presentation.

Father Zantus ascended the podium, and with a thunderstone he struck the podium. The loud *crack!* announced that the ceremony was about to begin. Father Zantus waved for silence and cleared his throat...

Just as the crowd's hubbub was dying down, the people in the square heard a dog's barking, and then a yelp. By the wagons at the south end of the square stood a goblin, standing over the corpse of a dog, throat slit from ear to ear.

"GOBLINS!" cried someone from the crowd. The crowd pulled back as a group of goblins leapt forth from under the wagon, brandishing torches and giggling madly. The crowd pulled back; all but six individuals who stood their ground.

An elf... a halfling... a half-orc... a strange blue maiden... a man that looked like a cat standing upright... and a centaur!

These six adventurers fell upon the goblins, and in the ensuing melee, not one goblin was left standing. The six stood over the dead goblins, and a hush fell over the square.

It seemed that the crowd might then break into a round of applause. But before anyone could congratulate the six warriors, a scream could be heard from the road to the south, then another. And just as people's attention is pulled away to the south, there is a *BOOM!* and a wagon on the north side of the square, loaded with wood for the Swallowtail bonfire bursts into flames.

The centaur points at the halfling, the half-orc, and the blue woman. "You three deal with the fire," the centaur says. "Kisper, Gwestiel, and I will head south and check out the screaming. Good luck." With a salute the centaur turns and charges south down the road, followed closely by the elf and the cat-man. The remaining three look north to the fire, and can make out some goblins dancing gleefully close to the flames.


Revival of the Runelords Slideshow

Welcome to the game! We are jumping right into the action. The first wave of goblins have been defeated, but more have arrived and are causing lots of trouble!

Cade, Floredana, and Kargas: your companions from the first fight have headed south to render aid there (and they won't be back, though they might turn up as NPCs), leaving you to deal with the goblins at the north end of the square.

Colvyn, Laurana, Rig: You may have wanted to help out in the first battle, but the crowd was in the way, and by the time you were able to get clear the fight was already over.

For simplicity's sake, Everyone starts with full resources (i.e. spells, hp, etc,).

The Crowd is in the way. There are men, women, and children who present obstacles to your path. They are NOT considered allies, so if you want to move through a space with a civilian you need to either use acrobatics to move through their space or bull rush them out of the way. Most of the crowd is unarmed and therefore they do not threaten. The crowd will move at the end of each round. They will try to flee the scene of combat, and if you are in the way they may attempt to bull rush you! Yes, they provoke when doing so, but do you really want to cut down innocent civilians with opportunity attacks?

dice:

Cade: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Colvyn: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Floredana: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Kargas: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Laurana: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Rig Veda: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Mog: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Red, Yellow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Blue, Magenta: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Perception
Cade: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Colvyn: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Floredana: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
Kargas: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Laurana: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Rig Veda: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

The TACTICAL MAP is already set up. You will probably need to ZOOM IN to see things clearly.

Round 1 Initiative:
Red and Yellow Goblins
Colvyn
Cade
Floredana
Laurana
Black, Blue, Magenta Goblins
Rig Veda
Kargas

So... here we go!


Revival of the Runelords Slideshow

The goblin under the jeweler's tent seems to be grabbing things from a table and stuffing them in its mouth. The goblin near the wagon jumps with glee as the wagon bursts into flames. He takes a flaming brand from the wagon and hurls it at the child nearby.

thrown improvised weapon: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 - 4 = 11
damage, improvised weapon: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

The child screams as it is struck in the face with the burning brand, but the child is still conscious.

Cade, Colvyn, Floredana, Kargas:
You can all see a goblin on the roof of the jewelry shop dancing madly with glee.

Laurana:
FYI the black goblin is not visible to you until someone points it out.

Round 1 Initiative:
Red and Yellow Goblins
Colvyn
Cade
Floredana
Laurana
Black, Blue, Magenta Goblins
Rig Veda
Kargas

If your name is in bold you may now act!


Male HP:17/17 AC:17 T:15 FF:13 F:+0 R:+7 W:+0 Perc:+6 Init:+4 Rapier +8,1d4+0 CMB;+1 CMD:+15 Halfling Swashbuckler 2 (Inspired Blade)

Cade see this new threat and the danger the pose to the populace.
Make a hole, move!!! Citizens get behind us now!!!
He turns and looks at his new companions. Drawing his weapons as he moves towards the conflict. His smile is inviting and he winks at the half orc.
Kargas, are you ready to go play with some more goblins

He points towards the goblin on the roof and still smiling.
Flo could you take care of that one. I hate to have to climb up there to deal with him right now. Thank you my lady
as he moves forward he looks back over at the half orc.
and no you will not just throw me up there.

He tries to see through the crowd...
Why don't you little Gnomes come over here and play with someone your own size. Like him....
Cade points at the half orc and smiles again.


RAGING:
Rounds per Day 7/7 l hp25/25 l F +8 R +2 W +3 l AC14 Touch10 FF13 CMB +7 CMD16 l Atk +7 Dmg 2d4+7
Half-Orc CN Bloodrager2 l hp21/21 l F +6 R +2 W +1 l AC16 Touch12 FF15 CMB +5 CMD16 l Perc +5 l Darkvision 60ft l Init +2 l Spd40ft l Intimidate +9(+10); DC13; Feint DC11

.


Male Ratfolk Warpriest 1 / Trapper 1 | hp 9/16 | AC18 T15 FF 14 CMD 14 | F 15 R 16 W 14 BDC 13 IDC 14| Init +4 | Perc +11 S.M. +2 Darkvision 60ft | Move 20 Ft
Spoiler:
Blessing: 2/3, Prepared Spell : Level 0 : Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize | Level 1 : Divine Power, Protection from Evil

The small ratfolk dashes through the crowd, nocking an arrow as he moves. good thing Rankin send me here. The hood of his cloak falls off as he passes a large human woman. She starts screaming and points at him.

"Stop that noise human! I'm here to help!"

Finding an opening in the crowd he is able to find some of the goblins.
Sadly, he is too distracted by the crowd and his arrow fly high above the head of the goblin. Calm down, you trained for this. Just find your center.

Longbow+P.B.S.: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Now that 's how you make a grand entrance... :(


Revival of the Runelords Slideshow

Cade runs towards the crowd shouting. He can hardly see anything through the morass of people.

Colvyn runs forward past the crowd. He can see the goblins clearly now. The nearest one looks like it is reaching for another firebrand. The one under the tent is chewing on some jewelry; Colvyn recalls the jeweler was selling holy symbols and religious-themed trinkets.

"You haf ta bite 'em ta fee if vey's reah," it says to the other goblins through a mouthful of silver.

perception: 1d20 - 1 - 6 ⇒ (19) - 1 - 6 = 121d20 - 1 - 8 ⇒ (18) - 1 - 8 = 91d20 - 1 - 7 ⇒ (16) - 1 - 7 = 81d20 - 1 - 9 ⇒ (2) - 1 - 9 = -81d20 + 5 - 7 ⇒ (7) + 5 - 7 = 5

Colwyn and fires off a shot, which tumbles to the ground. Three of the goblins nearby laugh and point.

"Mouse with bow! Mouse with bow! Ha hahaha!"

The far one has not noticed him yet.

Round 1 Initiative:
Red and Yellow Goblins
Colvyn
Cade
Floredana
Laurana
Black, Blue, Magenta Goblins
Rig Veda
Kargas

If your name is in bold you may now act!

Floredana and Laurana! This means you!

FYI I almost forgot: aside from acrobatics and bull rush, you may also use an intimiddate check to get people to move aside for you. You may make this check as a part of a move. The DC is 12 (or 8 against a child). A success allows you to move through the civilian's space (treating it as an ally). For every 5 you exceed DC by you may move through another figure as if it is an ally.


Male HP:17/17 AC:17 T:15 FF:13 F:+0 R:+7 W:+0 Perc:+6 Init:+4 Rapier +8,1d4+0 CMB;+1 CMD:+15 Halfling Swashbuckler 2 (Inspired Blade)

Intimidate: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11


Revival of the Runelords Slideshow
Cade Goodbarrel wrote:
[dice=Intimidate]1d20 + 7

You don't need to do that now; you use it when you move, like an acrobatics check. If your acrobatics is better, use that.


Female Wizard (Diviner/Foresight) 2 | HP 12/12 | AC 13 (17 w/ MA) : T 13 : FF 10 : CMD 14 | FC 12 : RC 14 : WC 14 : IDC 11 : BDC 10 | Init +9 | Per +4 : S.M. +0 : Low-light vision | Move 30'
weapons:
MW shortbow +5 (1d6+0) (x3); Rapier +4 (1d6+0) (18-20x2)
languages:
Celestial, Common, Draconic, Elven, Goblin, Sylvan, Thassilonian, Giant;
Spells:
Prescience 7/7 (CL 2st; concentration +7) 1st (Spell Power 5)—identify, [ooc]mage armor, magic missile, spontaneous spell; 0 (at will; Spell Power 4)—detect magic, light, read magic

Laurana watched in horror as her town was besieged my goblins! She surveyed the scene and attempted to make sense of it all. She counted 4 goblins total, that she could see. She focused on the one closest to her. Grasping her bow tight, she dipped into the primal forces of Golarion and spoke the words of magic, shaping them into a tight ball. When the ball was fully formed, she thrust it outward, pointing at her target with her finger outstretched.

cast magic missile at the pink one.
magic missile: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Undine Varisian Pilgrim 2 | HP: 15/15 | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 14 CMD: 11| FC: 14 RC: 13 WC: 17 IDC: 16 BDC: 19 | Init +3 | Perception +10, Sense Motive +9; Darkvision 60ft | Move 40' (50')
Tracked Resources:
Bit of Luck: 5/7 | Agile Feet: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 2+0/3+1 | Channel Positive Energy 2/3

ROUND 1

More of them? How many are there? This lot is even more vicious than the last! "I'll do my best Cade!" she calls out as she rushes to the edge of the panicked crowd.

A soft white light coalesces around her as she mutters a brief prayer, "Desna, may your divine might guide those who would defend Sandpoint from these things!" At the conclusion of her sentence, a similar aura forms around her allies, or at least those who would defend the townsfolk.

Her eyes turn to the goblin on the jewler's tent. That little one will learn Desna's fury!

________
Move action 40ft to the edge of the crowd. Standard action Bless. +1 to hit and saves against fear. Should have gotten everyone.


Female Wizard (Diviner/Foresight) 2 | HP 12/12 | AC 13 (17 w/ MA) : T 13 : FF 10 : CMD 14 | FC 12 : RC 14 : WC 14 : IDC 11 : BDC 10 | Init +9 | Per +4 : S.M. +0 : Low-light vision | Move 30'
weapons:
MW shortbow +5 (1d6+0) (x3); Rapier +4 (1d6+0) (18-20x2)
languages:
Celestial, Common, Draconic, Elven, Goblin, Sylvan, Thassilonian, Giant;
Spells:
Prescience 7/7 (CL 2st; concentration +7) 1st (Spell Power 5)—identify, [ooc]mage armor, magic missile, spontaneous spell; 0 (at will; Spell Power 4)—detect magic, light, read magic

I got to move, dont want to be run over. She thought to herself as she sought open space and a better angle on the goblins.

_________
Move action 20ft to the west.


Revival of the Runelords Slideshow

Everyone: Be careful when moving tokens on the map. It is possible to grab the background image and move that instead of your token. If you realize that you have done that, either hit Control-Z or go to "Edit" and select "Undo." That will put it back right where it was before you moved it.

Floredana: because I was fixing the map I ended up losing track of where you were supposed to be, so I put you beside Cade. If that's not the right spot, go ahead and move the Icon, or tell me where it was supposed to be.

Laurana: you had a 30' move so you are able to go around in front of or behind the civilians and end up 20' to the west of where you started. Remember you can't just walk through the spaces where the crowd is.

Laurana sends a glittering bolt of arcane energy towards one of the goblins. It strikes the one to the east, who screeches with rage. Laurana then ducks around and behind some civilians towards the open space.

Floredana rushes up to beside Cade, and murmurs a few words. Suddenly, the heroes feel full of confidence!

Yep, 50' radius gets everyone. Bless grants +1 to hit and WC vs. fear.

The goblin to the west (magenta) dashes through the crowd, trying to catch Laurana! "Nasty elf! We bite your ears off! And toes! Make elf ear and toe stew!!" He pulls out a bow and shoots! But his shot sails overhead and the arrow lands skittering on the flagstones of the plaza.

shortbow -4 cover: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 - 4 = 2

The goblin in front of the tent (blue) runs forward and grabs the man by the leg, trying to knock him over! "Longshanks make you fall down! Not so good long legs now, eh? Hahahaha!" But the man shouts and shakes his leg free.

Trip: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (7) + 0 = 7

Round 1 Initiative:
Red and Yellow Goblins
Colvyn
Cade
Floredana - bless expires round 10
Laurana
Black, Blue, Magenta (-3) Goblins
Rig Veda
Kargas

If your name is in bold you may now act!

Rig and Kargas! This means you!


M Ifrit Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2 | HP 15/15 | AC16 : T11 : FF15 : CMD15 | FC12 : RC15 : WC13 : IDC10 : BDC 10 | Init +5| Per +4 : SM -1 : Darkvision 60': Move 30'
Magic!:
Bard Performances: 5/9 |Spells: 0) Spark, Ghost sound, Detect Magic, Prestidigitation, Dancing Lights | 1/3/day 1) Cure Lt Wounds, Grease, Dazzling Blade

Damn goblins are everywhere! Gripping his scimitar tightly, Rig stalks through the crowd. "Outta the way, kid," Rig growls as he moves towards the monster to the east.
move and intimidate the kid (sorry kid); using fiery glare I can take 10 giving me an 18; standard action to attack the goblin
attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
The child is clearly terrified and moves to the side, but bursts into tears. Aww, man, I overdid it. While only a momentary distraction, it throws his swing wide.
The goblin easily dodges the sword and laughs in glee.


RAGING:
Rounds per Day 7/7 l hp25/25 l F +8 R +2 W +3 l AC14 Touch10 FF13 CMB +7 CMD16 l Atk +7 Dmg 2d4+7
Half-Orc CN Bloodrager2 l hp21/21 l F +6 R +2 W +1 l AC16 Touch12 FF15 CMB +5 CMD16 l Perc +5 l Darkvision 60ft l Init +2 l Spd40ft l Intimidate +9(+10); DC13; Feint DC11

A fierce joy rises in Kargas as more goblins make themselves known. Gripping his falchion blade-down in his left hand, he strides towards the crowd, right hand reaching back for a javelin. "All of you either fight or get out of my way," he growls, eyes fixed firmly on the goblin capering on the rooftop. He otherwise ignores the villagers--tradesmen and farmers, the battlefield wasn't their place and everyone here knew it. Hefting his missile, he draws back his arm and sends the spear spinning through the air!

Move Action through crowd, drawing javelin as he goes
Intimidate as part of movement, relying more on imposing presence & appearance than noise
Standard Action attack: +2 attack, +1 Bless, -2 range increment

Intimidate: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
Javelin Throw: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

As the weapon strikes home the blue-scarred berserker throws his head back in a wordless scream of joy at the visceral thrill of battle. "Try to keep up, Cade!" he laughs, eyeing the distance to the remaining goblins.


Revival of the Runelords Slideshow

Realized I forgot to activate black. We'll say he delayed.

Rig brushes past the cowering child and engages the goblin, but misses.

Kargas: You don't need to use intimidate yet since you haven't tried to move through the space of a civilian. It basically works as an alternative to acrobatics when moving through someone's space.

Also: You didn't indicate who your target was. However, any enemy you are targeting has cover. So sadly this is a miss.

Cover rules:
To determine whether your target has cover from your ranged attack, choose a corner of your square. If any line from this corner to any corner of the target's square passes through a square or border that blocks line of effect or provides cover, or through a square occupied by a creature, the target has cover (+4 to AC).

Kargas rushes forwards and hurls a javelin, but the intervening civilians spoil his shot, and the javelin strikes the building behind.

More to come...


Revival of the Runelords Slideshow

In a frenzy of screaming the crowd parts as they stumble over one another trying to get away from the goblins. Some head down High Street to the south or Junker's Way to the west. Others stream up Church Street to the northeast. A few more head for the doors of the cathedral, hoping to find refuge within.

The man who was attacked by the goblin tries to escape, but the goblin flicks his Dogslicer out to catch him as he flees!

Goblin takes AoO vs. Civilian: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 31d4 ⇒ 3

But the goblin stumbles, cursing at the man as he escapes.

Most of the people do not interfere with the heroes, but a few bunch up around Kargas. One tries to push past Cade.

Civilian makes bull rush against Cade: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

"Out of the way!" the man cries in a panic, as he shoves Cade back.

Cade is pushed east 5 feet.

And now onto the goblins...


Revival of the Runelords Slideshow

The goblin on the roof screams down at Colvyn.

"Ey rat-man! We eats rats! Is our favourite! We cook you nice and slow! Hee hee hee heeee!"
Intimidate to demoralize: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13 Would have succeeded were it not for bless!
Colvyn doesn't relish the idea of being a goblin's dinner, but steels his nerves for the fight.

The rat by the flaming wagon grabs another flaming brand and rushes towards Colvyn, waving it like a torch, and waving the dogslicer in the other hand. "We burn you up good! Ha!" Move action to pick up the torch and then another move, so the red goblin does not get to attack this round.

The goblin who was stuffing his face with jewelry a moment before spits the jewelry into his hand and runs towards Rig. He tries to hurl the glob of medallions and gooey phlegm into Rig's Face!

Rig: You may make an Attack of Opportunity against yellow. He is attempting a dirty trick maneuver to try and blind you. If you hit and he is not killed the damage you do is a penalty to his maneuver.

Dirty Trick: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 It's going to miss anyway, btw.

Round 1 Initiative:
Black, Red and Yellow Goblins
Colvyn
Cade
Floredana - bless expires round 10
Laurana
Blue, Magenta (-3) Goblins
Rig Veda
Kargas

Colvyn, Cade, Floredana and Laurana are all up!

FYI the magenta goblin is armed with a bow and does not threaten.


Male Ratfolk Warpriest 1 / Trapper 1 | hp 9/16 | AC18 T15 FF 14 CMD 14 | F 15 R 16 W 14 BDC 13 IDC 14| Init +4 | Perc +11 S.M. +2 Darkvision 60ft | Move 20 Ft
Spoiler:
Blessing: 2/3, Prepared Spell : Level 0 : Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize | Level 1 : Divine Power, Protection from Evil

Longbow+PBS+Bless: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 6 + 1 + 1 = 25
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Colvyn takes a step back and with a smile nockes another arrow. He aims for the goblin that so foolishly close up on him and releases. This time the arrow flies true. Hard to miss when they are this close! The arrow bury itself deep into the goblin, blood coming out, staining its clothes. "Ah! This rat ain't going to be anyone meals. Why don't you come down from there you green little t$*@%!" He readies another arrow, looking at the injured goblin, waiting for his reaction.


Revival of the Runelords Slideshow
Rune GM wrote:

Kargas: ...

Also: You didn't indicate who your target was. However, any enemy you are targeting has cover. So sadly this is a miss.

My bad... you were aiming at the one on the roof. However he has partial cover from the edge of the roof for a +2 AC (instead of +4). This is enough that the attack is still a miss.


Revival of the Runelords Slideshow
Colvyn "Slick" Dashtail wrote:
Colvyn takes a step back and with a smile nockes another arrow. He aims for the goblin that so foolishly close up on him and releases...

The goblin shrieks and sways, but is still on his feet.


Revival of the Runelords Slideshow

A couple of people have said that I should roll AoO's so I will go ahead:

Rig's Scimitar: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 171d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Rig slashes at the goblin with the handful of jewelry as it tries to fling it at him. There is a spray of blood and the goblin drops.

Yellow is down and dying.

Round 2 Initiative:
Black, Red (-5), and Yellow (-7, dying) Goblins
Colvyn
Cade
Floredana - bless expires round 10
Laurana
Blue, Magenta (-3) Goblins
Rig Veda
Kargas


Undine Varisian Pilgrim 2 | HP: 15/15 | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 14 CMD: 11| FC: 14 RC: 13 WC: 17 IDC: 16 BDC: 19 | Init +3 | Perception +10, Sense Motive +9; Darkvision 60ft | Move 40' (50')
Tracked Resources:
Bit of Luck: 5/7 | Agile Feet: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 2+0/3+1 | Channel Positive Energy 2/3

Flo quickly maneuvers around the group of people blocking Kargas, Starknife in hand, and bears down on the goblin trying to close in on the archer. Her knife spinning as she swings it in a wide arc towards it's bulbous head. I'm glad for my training with this weapon, but definitely not my favorite part...

Starknife (Bless): 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 3 + 1 = 231d4 ⇒ 3

"I'll handle the ones that close in, take out the far ones!" She calls out as she gets near the ratfolk.


Male HP:17/17 AC:17 T:15 FF:13 F:+0 R:+7 W:+0 Perc:+6 Init:+4 Rapier +8,1d4+0 CMB;+1 CMD:+15 Halfling Swashbuckler 2 (Inspired Blade)

As the man pushes past Cade.
Really, like there is not enough room for you to run away like a frighten child?

As he scans the area, he sees that one goblin is down and that two others are in combat already. He moves with purpose towards the one goblin that is not engaged, keeping an eye on the one on the roof.
Hey Kargas, it looks like we have some allies.

As Cade moves past the new allies, he takes in the scene. He points his rapier at the Ratfolk and with a friendly smile.
Hey Jerry, Nice shot! Keep up the pressure. After this is over drinks are on the big guy back there. Do mind the language though please, there are children about.
He moves off whistling a little tune.


Revival of the Runelords Slideshow
Floredana Mandulescu wrote:

Starknife (Bless): 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 3 + 1 = 23 1d4 ⇒ 3

"I'll handle the ones that close in, take out the far ones!" She calls out as she gets near the ratfolk.

Floredana runs up and slashes at the goblin. She manages to catch it in the neck, and it collapses. Cade runs forward towards the melee.

Round 2 Initiative:
Goblins: Black, Red (-8, dying), and Yellow (-7, dying)
Colvyn
Cade
Floredana - bless expires round 10
Laurana
Goblins: Blue, Magenta (-3)
Rig Veda
Kargas

Laurana is up. Red and yellow are now down but if she wants to duck back west she can get a clear line-of-sight against blue.


Female Wizard (Diviner/Foresight) 2 | HP 12/12 | AC 13 (17 w/ MA) : T 13 : FF 10 : CMD 14 | FC 12 : RC 14 : WC 14 : IDC 11 : BDC 10 | Init +9 | Per +4 : S.M. +0 : Low-light vision | Move 30'
weapons:
MW shortbow +5 (1d6+0) (x3); Rapier +4 (1d6+0) (18-20x2)
languages:
Celestial, Common, Draconic, Elven, Goblin, Sylvan, Thassilonian, Giant;
Spells:
Prescience 7/7 (CL 2st; concentration +7) 1st (Spell Power 5)—identify, [ooc]mage armor, magic missile, spontaneous spell; 0 (at will; Spell Power 4)—detect magic, light, read magic

Laurana brought her bow up before deciding against firing at the goblin she had already wounded. It would do her no good to plug her seemingly ally with a misplaces shot. She had never before used a weapon against another sentient being and she was nervous.

Strafing to the west, she found a new target with a clear angle. She inhaled and let her arrow fly. "Stay true" she whispered.

attack blue with MW shortbow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 241d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

lame dmg


Revival of the Runelords Slideshow

Laurana takes a shot at the goblin further away. It strikes, scoring a minor wound. The goblin begins swearing a streak of curses.

"@#*&%#!!! Longshanks!"

Laurana: what effect gives you a +1 to damage? Neither bless nor the masterwork quality of the bow grant a bonus to damage, and your STR is 10.

-----

The Pink goblin in front of Rig headbutts Rig in the crotch!
Dirty Trick maneuver: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16

Lucky for the goblin, Rig has already used his attack of opportunity!
Rig: You are sickened for 1 round. You may spend a move action to "shake it off" and remove the condition.

-----

The other Blue goblin takes out his bow and takes a shot at Laurana!
Shortbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 51d4 ⇒ 1 Wow, snake eyes!

But his shot is so clumsy the arrow goes wide and knocks the other goblin's hat off his head!

"Hey watch it you frog-#@*%-er!!" the goblin screams at his comrade.

-----

Another green goblin appears in the second story window of the building. It picks up a flowerpot from the windowsill and hurls it at Floredana!
"Have some flowers for your stinky festival! Ha ha ha ha!"

flowerpot (-4 improvised): 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 - 4 = 81d6 ⇒ 4

The flowerpot smashes on the flagstones below.


Revival of the Runelords Slideshow

Round 2 Initiative:
Goblins: Black (partial cover), Red (-8, dying), and Yellow (-7, dying)
Colvyn
Cade
Floredana - bless expires round 10
Laurana
Goblins: Green (cover), Blue (-1), Magenta (-3)
Rig Veda (sickened)
Kargas

Rig and Kargas are up.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
RAGING:
Rounds per Day 7/7 l hp25/25 l F +8 R +2 W +3 l AC14 Touch10 FF13 CMB +7 CMD16 l Atk +7 Dmg 2d4+7
Half-Orc CN Bloodrager2 l hp21/21 l F +6 R +2 W +1 l AC16 Touch12 FF15 CMB +5 CMD16 l Perc +5 l Darkvision 60ft l Init +2 l Spd40ft l Intimidate +9(+10); DC13; Feint DC11

Stalking forward, Kargas growls "Move, jackass," to the civilian in front of him, advancing towards the building there the goblin is still standing. Drawing another javelin, the half-orc takes aim and looses.

Move Action + Intimidate to free move
Standard Action attack vs Black Goblin (drew weapon as moved)

Intimidate Move: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
Javelin Throw: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 Confirm?: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Damage: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (6, 6) + 6 = 18


Revival of the Runelords Slideshow

DANG.
Thought he would last at least another round. :)

With a grunt Kargas hurls a javeline with all his might. It flies up and strikes the goblin on the roof, passing right through him and out the other side, clattering on the rooftop.

The goblin teeters and falls off the roof. It hits the ground and bounces about two feet in the air before coming to a rest with a *splat*!

Falling damage: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 2) = 4
Technically it is possible he could stabilize...

Round 2 Initiative:
Goblins: Black (-22, dying), Red (-8, dying), and Yellow (-7, dying)
Colvyn
Cade
Floredana - bless expires round 10
Laurana
Goblins: Green (cover), Blue (-1), Magenta (-3)
Rig Veda (sickened)
Kargas

Rig is up.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
M Ifrit Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2 | HP 15/15 | AC16 : T11 : FF15 : CMD15 | FC12 : RC15 : WC13 : IDC10 : BDC 10 | Init +5| Per +4 : SM -1 : Darkvision 60': Move 30'
Magic!:
Bard Performances: 5/9 |Spells: 0) Spark, Ghost sound, Detect Magic, Prestidigitation, Dancing Lights | 1/3/day 1) Cure Lt Wounds, Grease, Dazzling Blade

"Ooof! Damn little..." Rig steadies himself as he thinks about how much he needs a codpiece. "Fine, you wanna play mean. Let's get mean."
Rig shouts to those who have stood against the goblin menace. With a booming voice that seems to resonate with their souls, he says,
"These creatures think they are a menace. They show their strength through cruelty, bullying those who cannot defend themselves. But THAT is not us. We are the line that will hold against these foes, for they are not a menace, but a mere distraction." Those who hear his words feel strength and confidence flood them.
move action to shake off the sickened, standard to start inspire courage. The morale bonus doesn't stack with the blessing for saves vs. fear, but the competence bonus gives everyone +1 to hit and damage. And I waited until everyone was in range, so we should be at +2 to hit, +1 to damage.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
RAGING:
Rounds per Day 7/7 l hp25/25 l F +8 R +2 W +3 l AC14 Touch10 FF13 CMB +7 CMD16 l Atk +7 Dmg 2d4+7
Half-Orc CN Bloodrager2 l hp21/21 l F +6 R +2 W +1 l AC16 Touch12 FF15 CMB +5 CMD16 l Perc +5 l Darkvision 60ft l Init +2 l Spd40ft l Intimidate +9(+10); DC13; Feint DC11

I love having bards around!


M Ifrit Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2 | HP 15/15 | AC16 : T11 : FF15 : CMD15 | FC12 : RC15 : WC13 : IDC10 : BDC 10 | Init +5| Per +4 : SM -1 : Darkvision 60': Move 30'
Magic!:
Bard Performances: 5/9 |Spells: 0) Spark, Ghost sound, Detect Magic, Prestidigitation, Dancing Lights | 1/3/day 1) Cure Lt Wounds, Grease, Dazzling Blade

glad to help :)


Male HP:17/17 AC:17 T:15 FF:13 F:+0 R:+7 W:+0 Perc:+6 Init:+4 Rapier +8,1d4+0 CMB;+1 CMD:+15 Halfling Swashbuckler 2 (Inspired Blade)

Yes glad to have all three new characters.


Revival of the Runelords Slideshow

I suppose after Kargas went I could have opened up round 3 as the goblins at the top of the round were all incapacitated.

Rig straightens up and gives a rousing speech. The goblin in front of him seems surprised and nervous.

dice:
Black CON: 1d20 + 1 - 12 ⇒ (18) + 1 - 12 = 7
Red CON: 1d20 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (17) + 1 - 3 = 15
Yellow CON: 1d20 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 1 - 2 = 12

Round 3 Initiative:
Goblins: Black (dead), Red (-8, stable), and Yellow (-7, stable)
Colvyn
Cade
Floredana - bless expires round 10
Laurana
Goblins: Green (cover), Blue (-1), Magenta (-3)
Rig Veda - inspire courage +1
Kargas
Civilians, Guardsmen

* Colvyn, Cade, Floredana, and Laurana are all up.
* FYI the Green goblin is considered to have cover.
* Also the Blue and Pink goblins are armed with bows and do not threaten.
* The building the green goblin is in has a large door marked with a white bar. Opening the door would be a move action. The sign above the door indicates that it is the shop of a guilded jeweler.


Revival of the Runelords Slideshow

Also:

Two guardsmen try to enter the square from the west, but find themselves mobbed by the civilians fleeing the town square.


Female Wizard (Diviner/Foresight) 2 | HP 12/12 | AC 13 (17 w/ MA) : T 13 : FF 10 : CMD 14 | FC 12 : RC 14 : WC 14 : IDC 11 : BDC 10 | Init +9 | Per +4 : S.M. +0 : Low-light vision | Move 30'
weapons:
MW shortbow +5 (1d6+0) (x3); Rapier +4 (1d6+0) (18-20x2)
languages:
Celestial, Common, Draconic, Elven, Goblin, Sylvan, Thassilonian, Giant;
Spells:
Prescience 7/7 (CL 2st; concentration +7) 1st (Spell Power 5)—identify, [ooc]mage armor, magic missile, spontaneous spell; 0 (at will; Spell Power 4)—detect magic, light, read magic

She watched as her feeble arrow found its mark, but just barely. The thing hardly scratched it. Pulling her bow back again, she aimed carefully and felt unnaturally confident in her abilities. However, just as she was about to let go, out of the corner of her eye, she noticed a goblin headbutt a man right in his stones. With a slight giggle, she let loose her arrow and new right away that the giggle had cost her her aim.

attack blue with MW shortbow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 141d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Nice job 1-shoting the boss


Revival of the Runelords Slideshow

Laurana's shot goes wide and gets fouled in the awning of the tent the goblin stands in front of.

Round 3 Initiative:
Goblins: Black (dead), Red (-8, stable), and Yellow (-7, stable)
Colvyn
Cade
Floredana - bless expires round 10
Laurana
Goblins: Green (cover), Blue (-1), Magenta (-3)
Rig Veda - inspire courage +1
Kargas
Civilians, Guardsmen

* Colvyn, Cade, and Floredana are all up.
* FYI the Green goblin is considered to have cover.
* Also the Blue and Pink goblins are armed with bows and do not threaten.
* The building the green goblin is in has a large door marked with a white bar. Opening the door would be a move action. The sign above the door indicates that it is the shop of a guilded jeweler.


Male Ratfolk Warpriest 1 / Trapper 1 | hp 9/16 | AC18 T15 FF 14 CMD 14 | F 15 R 16 W 14 BDC 13 IDC 14| Init +4 | Perc +11 S.M. +2 Darkvision 60ft | Move 20 Ft
Spoiler:
Blessing: 2/3, Prepared Spell : Level 0 : Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize | Level 1 : Divine Power, Protection from Evil

Longbow+PBS+Bless+IC: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 23
Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 = 3

"Jerry?" Calvin looks questionably at the halfling as he moves forward. Relying on the others to deal with the goblins on the ground, he shots the one at the window. "Hey you leihoan, distiratsua opariak batzuk lortu dut zuretzat. Let bidali me bat." With that, he lets another arrow fly. The arrow hits the goblin, but it's not the killing blow he was hoping. "Awww, hura harrapatzeko zure eskuarekin ahaztu egin duzu. Zergatik ez behera etorri, orduan egin nintzen zuretzat"

Goblin:
"Hey you at the window, I got some shiny gifts for you. Let me send you one."

Goblin:
"Awww, you forgot to catch it with your hand. Why don't you come down, I got more for you."


Revival of the Runelords Slideshow

So you went with Basque for Goblin? Interesting.

Cade's shot hits the goblin in the shoulder. It screams a string of curses back.

Round 3 Initiative:
Goblins: Black (dead), Red (-8, stable), and Yellow (-7, stable)
Colvyn
Cade
Floredana - bless expires round 10
Laurana
Goblins: Green (-3, cover), Blue (-1), Magenta (-3)
Rig Veda - inspire courage +1
Kargas
Civilians, Guardsmen

* Cade, and Floredana are up.
* FYI the Green goblin is considered to have cover.
* Also the Blue and Pink goblins are armed with bows and do not threaten.
* The building the green goblin is in has a large door marked with a white bar. Opening the door would be a move action. The sign above the door indicates that it is the shop of a guilded jeweler.


Male Ratfolk Warpriest 1 / Trapper 1 | hp 9/16 | AC18 T15 FF 14 CMD 14 | F 15 R 16 W 14 BDC 13 IDC 14| Init +4 | Perc +11 S.M. +2 Darkvision 60ft | Move 20 Ft
Spoiler:
Blessing: 2/3, Prepared Spell : Level 0 : Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize | Level 1 : Divine Power, Protection from Evil

I just went down the list until I found one that had letters I could copy paste here but that's still didn't sound close to English. Would you rather I use something else?


Male HP:17/17 AC:17 T:15 FF:13 F:+0 R:+7 W:+0 Perc:+6 Init:+4 Rapier +8,1d4+0 CMB;+1 CMD:+15 Halfling Swashbuckler 2 (Inspired Blade)

Cade steps up to the Goblin. His rapier flashing back and forth.
attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Revival of the Runelords Slideshow
Cade Goodbarrel wrote:

Cade steps up to the Goblin. His rapier flashing back and forth.

[Dice=attack]1d20+9
[Dice=damage]1d4+1

Cade: Which goblin are you attacking? Blue or Pink?


Male HP:17/17 AC:17 T:15 FF:13 F:+0 R:+7 W:+0 Perc:+6 Init:+4 Rapier +8,1d4+0 CMB;+1 CMD:+15 Halfling Swashbuckler 2 (Inspired Blade)

sorry. Blue. I can not move my icon from my phone.


Revival of the Runelords Slideshow
Cade Goodbarrel wrote:
sorry. Blue. I can not move my icon from my phone.

I prefer it if in addition to descriptive text you include an OOC line indicating the mechanics of your action. If you can't move icons on the map then you can indicate the specific square you want to end up in. Sometimes these things will be obvious, but in case they are not it helps.

I moved you to the square just east of the goblin, but since it is equipped with a bow it does not threaten and you could actually reach any square adjacent to the goblin safely. So if you would rather have been in a different square let me know.


Revival of the Runelords Slideshow

Cade dispatches the goblin with a single thrust. It crumples to the ground with a wheeze.

Only waiting for Floredana now. Bot-a-Tron 9000 will step in in about 5 hours if we don't hear from her.

Round 3 Initiative:
Goblins: Black (dead), Red (-8, stable), and Yellow (-7, stable)
Colvyn
Cade
Floredana - bless expires round 10
Laurana
Goblins: Green (-3, cover), Blue (-6, dying), Magenta (-3)
Rig Veda - inspire courage +1
Kargas
Civilians, Guardsmen

* Floredana are up.
* FYI the Green goblin is considered to have cover.
* Also the Pink goblins is armed with a bow and does not threaten.
* The building the green goblin is in has a large door marked with a white bar. Opening the door would be a move action. The sign above the door indicates that it is the shop of a guilded jeweler.


Undine Varisian Pilgrim 2 | HP: 15/15 | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 14 CMD: 11| FC: 14 RC: 13 WC: 17 IDC: 16 BDC: 19 | Init +3 | Perception +10, Sense Motive +9; Darkvision 60ft | Move 40' (50')
Tracked Resources:
Bit of Luck: 5/7 | Agile Feet: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 2+0/3+1 | Channel Positive Energy 2/3

"Kargas, that was... incredible!" That makes Jerry's masterful shot look like child's play... Who are these people?"

Seeing several goblins crumble under the return assault, Flo tries to take advantage of the goblin fighting the inspirational man. "That door there may be a better route for you to get to the other one, Cade!"

Starknife (Bless, Inspire, Flank): 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 3 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 251d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

__________
During week days I typically can only post after 8 pm EST :/ Move: move into flank with Rig, Standard: attack with starknife.


Revival of the Runelords Slideshow

Floredana circles around behind the goblin and jabs it with her starknife. It screams and flops to the ground.

Blue stabilize: 1d20 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 - 1 = 14
Pink stabilize: 1d20 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (10) + 1 - 3 = 8

The goblin in the window starts shouting in a strange language.

"Talde baino gehiago hemen! Ez dago Brankan batekin arratoi bat!"

goblin:
"Get over here! There's a rat with a bow!"

Some shouting can be heard from inside the house.

Open this if you roll Perception DC 15 and can speak goblin:
"Baina katua ihes egingo!"

Translation: "But the cat will get away!"

The goblin throws another flowerpot at Colvyn. The flowerpot misses by such a wide mark that it strikes one of the unconscious goblins (red), narrowly missing Kargas!

flowepot, -4 improvised: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 - 4 = 11d6 ⇒ 6

Rig: make sure you indicate if you are maintaining your performance. There is only one enemy visible now.

Round 3 Initiative:
Goblins: Black (dead), Red (-14, dying), and Yellow (-7, stable)
Colvyn
Cade
Floredana - bless expires round 10
Laurana
Goblins: Green (-3, cover), Blue (-6, stable), Pink (-9, dying)
Rig Veda - inspire courage +1
Kargas
Civilians, Guardsmen

* Rig and Kargas are up.
* FYI the Green goblin is considered to have cover.
* The building the green goblin is in has a large door marked with a white bar. Opening the door would be a move action. The sign above the door indicates that it is the shop of a guilded jeweler.


M Ifrit Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2 | HP 15/15 | AC16 : T11 : FF15 : CMD15 | FC12 : RC15 : WC13 : IDC10 : BDC 10 | Init +5| Per +4 : SM -1 : Darkvision 60': Move 30'
Magic!:
Bard Performances: 5/9 |Spells: 0) Spark, Ghost sound, Detect Magic, Prestidigitation, Dancing Lights | 1/3/day 1) Cure Lt Wounds, Grease, Dazzling Blade

"Nicely done, milady!" Rig says, giving the blue lady a nod. "We should be done with these filthy creatures soon." His booming voice rebounds around the now open area.
The remaining goblin shouts something from inside the jewelers.
I sure wish I knew what that little beast is saying. There must be more with him inside.
Rig moves toward the door, staying close to his new-found allies.
continue performance for 1 more round, just because I'm not sure he could have said that whole speech in like 6 seconds, and move


Male HP:17/17 AC:17 T:15 FF:13 F:+0 R:+7 W:+0 Perc:+6 Init:+4 Rapier +8,1d4+0 CMB;+1 CMD:+15 Halfling Swashbuckler 2 (Inspired Blade)
Cade said wrote:
I will be away for the next week and will be limited in my postings. I can still post everyday but my post will be limited in content as I will have a limited data plan until I return home.

I will do better but I have to be quick when I am using the phone. I will try to avoid posting on my phone as this will limit me in content of my posts until I get to a computer or I get home. Limited data plan stinks. This is only temporary, it happens only when I go on vacation.

1 to 50 of 1,427 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Revival of the Runelords Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.