Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Renaissance Strange Aeons (Inactive)

Game Master Keith S.

Renaissance Strange Aeons
current map
Player's stuff
Info from Dr. Losandro's journal
The Clue Bat
handout 2


351 to 400 of 1,250 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

1/2 Vigor
Mutagen stats:
AC19/T12/FF17
1/2 Orc Fighter(Mutation Warrior)3HP30/31,Init6,F5(+7 vs. poison)R2W2AC17T12FF15Per+5

Stab em Lazare! Go for the liver!

Grand Lodge

AC 19 Touch 14 Flat 16 ++ HP 29/29 ++ Panache 3/3 +3 INI, +7 Perception; +3F +9R +0W

Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 5 + 2 = 24
damage: 1d4 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

Lazare stabs but he doesn't know quite where the liver is. Still the attack is on point and he continues to harry the doctor.


male Human? pbp GM / 1 current map ; second floor

The doctor is annoyed at the latest stab, and slashes back at Lazare.

attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10, but she misses again.

(this is a cue for the small halfling to trigger his mouser skills if he wants)

all players can go! if Lazare would technically fit in first, we will adjust on the fly.

Grand Lodge

"Lord of Cats" Human (Taldan/Garundi) CN Warpriest (Sacred Fist) of Bastet 3 | HP 21 | AC 20 | T 19 | FF 16 | Fort +3 | Ref +4 | Will +7 | CMD 20 | Init +3 Perception +10
skills:
Acrobatics +9, Intimidate +1, Knowledge (history) +6, Knowledge (religion) +4, Lore (Bastet/Felines) +5

I looked up stable and I owe 2 death saves from that attack after the aoo.

death save: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16

death save: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4


1/2 Vigor
Mutagen stats:
AC19/T12/FF17
1/2 Orc Fighter(Mutation Warrior)3HP30/31,Init6,F5(+7 vs. poison)R2W2AC17T12FF15Per+5

Trevor smashes again, go with what you know
Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 2 = 232d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 1) + 4 = 9

Liberty's Edge

Male / HP 12 (8) / AC - 17(19) / Touch - 14 / Flatfooted - 15 / Fort +3 / Ref +4 / Will +0 / CMB +5 / CMD 19 / Initiative +4 Human Cad Fighter / Level 1

Faradin stabbed the beast again.

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 121d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


male Human? pbp GM / 1 current map ; second floor

Lazare is up!

Grand Lodge

AC 19 Touch 14 Flat 16 ++ HP 29/29 ++ Panache 3/3 +3 INI, +7 Perception; +3F +9R +0W

The halfling dances around the doctor screaming insults at him.
Action Total Defense - AC 22. NPC is -4 to hit against other PC's than the mouser. And everyone has flank if they are next to the NPC (even if we don't have typical flank position arranged.


male Human? pbp GM / 1 current map ; second floor

The doctor is rattled and staggering!

The slashes and stabs at that weird little halfling thing that is dancing around her.

attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 but misses badly.

The party may go again! Finish off the good doctor!


1/2 Vigor
Mutagen stats:
AC19/T12/FF17
1/2 Orc Fighter(Mutation Warrior)3HP30/31,Init6,F5(+7 vs. poison)R2W2AC17T12FF15Per+5

Trevor engages in unethical surgical procedures
Hammer,flank: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 272d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 2) + 4 = 12

RIP AND TEAR!

Crit confirm: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 264d6 + 8 ⇒ (5, 6, 4, 3) + 8 = 26

x3 crit roll on 2d6 should be an extra 4d6 if I am right


male Human? pbp GM / 1 current map ; second floor

@ trevor, I think you are right.

The good doctor is smashed to the ground, the massive hammer strike smashing her chest cavity.

She is dead.

You stand in the room as before. A slight whimper escapes one of the washbasins.

(unmatched) body parts are piled on one table.

Mostly complete corpses, some opened up and missing bits, are tossed carelessly along the walls.

We are out of combat time.


1/2 Vigor
Mutagen stats:
AC19/T12/FF17
1/2 Orc Fighter(Mutation Warrior)3HP30/31,Init6,F5(+7 vs. poison)R2W2AC17T12FF15Per+5

Cat dude! Trevor goes to check on the Lord of cats.
Heal,Stabilize: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12


male Human? pbp GM / 1 current map ; second floor

So it is late to mention this now - but doesn't JP have 8 hp? He should have been at zero hp and been disabled ?

I meant to ask earlier and then it slipped my mind.

I also consider a person at zero hp stable; he does not lose hp every round. Below zero, you do lose hp. A minor house rule.


1/2 Vigor
Mutagen stats:
AC19/T12/FF17
1/2 Orc Fighter(Mutation Warrior)3HP30/31,Init6,F5(+7 vs. poison)R2W2AC17T12FF15Per+5

Cat dude is still with us. Trevor checks the whimpering washbasin.


male Human? pbp GM / 1 current map ; second floor

In one washbasin, you see a badly wounded ghoul. It can barely move. But its jaws still click, and it drools as it sees Trevor peer into the basin.

On a table next to the washbasin, you see two piles of cut up meat.

A pile of parchments is next to it, along with a writing quill and inkpot.

Trevor also notes that the basin can be filled via some pipes - he surmises that one is hot water, and one cold, and that if the furnace and boiler were operating, this would make a nice set up for doing LOTS of laundry.

In a corner, Trevor also notices some bags piled up, apparently haphazardly.


1/2 Vigor
Mutagen stats:
AC19/T12/FF17
1/2 Orc Fighter(Mutation Warrior)3HP30/31,Init6,F5(+7 vs. poison)R2W2AC17T12FF15Per+5

We got a set-up here to make ghoul stew. Trevor dispatches the helpless ghoul and then checks out the bags.

Grand Lodge

"Lord of Cats" Human (Taldan/Garundi) CN Warpriest (Sacred Fist) of Bastet 3 | HP 21 | AC 20 | T 19 | FF 16 | Fort +3 | Ref +4 | Will +7 | CMD 20 | Init +3 Perception +10
skills:
Acrobatics +9, Intimidate +1, Knowledge (history) +6, Knowledge (religion) +4, Lore (Bastet/Felines) +5

I would have been stable at zero but my attack carried through which puts me at -1, but I immediately stabilized

Grand Lodge

"Lord of Cats" Human (Taldan/Garundi) CN Warpriest (Sacred Fist) of Bastet 3 | HP 21 | AC 20 | T 19 | FF 16 | Fort +3 | Ref +4 | Will +7 | CMD 20 | Init +3 Perception +10
skills:
Acrobatics +9, Intimidate +1, Knowledge (history) +6, Knowledge (religion) +4, Lore (Bastet/Felines) +5

Ah, house rule, then I cast a spell and keep fighting...next time.

Grand Lodge

AC 19 Touch 14 Flat 16 ++ HP 29/29 ++ Panache 3/3 +3 INI, +7 Perception; +3F +9R +0W

Lazare walks around the room looking for anything to explain this grisly scene.
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
There should be another healing potion for the good Cat Lord.

Grand Lodge

"Lord of Cats" Human (Taldan/Garundi) CN Warpriest (Sacred Fist) of Bastet 3 | HP 21 | AC 20 | T 19 | FF 16 | Fort +3 | Ref +4 | Will +7 | CMD 20 | Init +3 Perception +10
skills:
Acrobatics +9, Intimidate +1, Knowledge (history) +6, Knowledge (religion) +4, Lore (Bastet/Felines) +5

Springing to his feet and stretching widely with his lanky arms, he appears as good as new.

He pokes about, examining every nook for any clue as to this strange place, but he appears lost. Perhaps there was a head injury after all.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9


male Human? pbp GM / 1 current map ; second floor

Three possible things of note are discovered.

The sheaf of notes next to the two piles of meat.

The pile of bags thrown haphazardly in a corner.

The doctor's blade is a shiny, slightly curved, single edged dagger with a fine, wide, guard and a leather wrapped hilt.


1/2 Vigor
Mutagen stats:
AC19/T12/FF17
1/2 Orc Fighter(Mutation Warrior)3HP30/31,Init6,F5(+7 vs. poison)R2W2AC17T12FF15Per+5

Trevor examines the bag. Can anyone check out that blade to see if it is special?


male Human? pbp GM / 1 current map ; second floor

The bags have a wide variety of things - small clothes, boots, socks, a notebook or two (journals of pretty normal, quiet lives), etc.

Of particular interest is a cloth belt that has 20 small "holsters" that have tiny bottles in them.

15 have blue fluid.
5 have green fluid.

Also, there are two pistols. Each are medium (1d8) muzzle loaders. There are 50 rounds with them (paper cartridges with solid slugs).


1/2 Vigor
Mutagen stats:
AC19/T12/FF17
1/2 Orc Fighter(Mutation Warrior)3HP30/31,Init6,F5(+7 vs. poison)R2W2AC17T12FF15Per+5

Let us bring these bottles back to the hideout, maybe they can identify them there. Trevor takes the cloth belt , guns an rounds.

I think we should head back so Cat Lord can get fixed up.

Trevor also takes the knife and looks at the papers.

Grand Lodge

AC 19 Touch 14 Flat 16 ++ HP 29/29 ++ Panache 3/3 +3 INI, +7 Perception; +3F +9R +0W

I agree Trev, our Cat Lord is down to only eight lives. I don't read so well, perhaps some of the refugees can entertain us with a bedtime story.


male Human? pbp GM / 1 current map ; second floor

To move things along...

the blue vials are cure light wounds (1d8+5). The green are cure moderate (2d8+10).

The dagger is +1.

There is nothing left in the northern section that you can access from the refugees in the temple. You can go back there to rest.

You are all now second level.

Please level up your characters, and then we can open the next scene.


male Human? pbp GM / 1 current map ; second floor

You return the the chapel, somewhat wounded, and a bit richer for the plunder you have found.

You still have no idea who you are; you realize you all know each other but you do not know why you seem familiar to each other.

In the chapel you are able to rest deeply and completely. No nightmares plague you here. Others mention this as well, making it a somewhat crowded spot to sleep.

Consider yourselves fully healed.

Winter will take you aside after your rest period and talk to you.

We have serious problems facing us. You cleared out the section north of us, up to the collapsed area. We cannot go any further that way.

We cannot go outside (although it would be easy enough to smash the windows). There are things in the fog that will kill all of us without a challenge. That leaves heading east. But there is one door to the east and it has .... a growth, for lack of a better word, on it.

We have food for only 7 more days.

Winter takes you to the one door leading east, and shows you this

Weeping Wall growth

The wall is shielded from view by a curtain crudely hung from the ceiling. Beyond it is some sort of otherwordly parasitism. A mass of stringy, yellow fungus stretches across the stone blocks. At its heart bulges and blinks a watery eye the size of a wagon wheel.


male Human? pbp GM / 1 current map ; second floor

We have destroyed it once, and a guard was nearly killed in the process. It came back within hours.


1/2 Vigor
Mutagen stats:
AC19/T12/FF17
1/2 Orc Fighter(Mutation Warrior)3HP30/31,Init6,F5(+7 vs. poison)R2W2AC17T12FF15Per+5

Trevor manages to get some good rest and wakes up feeling much better. A growth huh? Some kind of killer mushroom? Upon seeing the eye, Trevor cringes. Burn the fungus!

Grand Lodge

"Lord of Cats" Human (Taldan/Garundi) CN Warpriest (Sacred Fist) of Bastet 3 | HP 21 | AC 20 | T 19 | FF 16 | Fort +3 | Ref +4 | Will +7 | CMD 20 | Init +3 Perception +10
skills:
Acrobatics +9, Intimidate +1, Knowledge (history) +6, Knowledge (religion) +4, Lore (Bastet/Felines) +5

"Perhaps we should go. No good can come of this eye growing on the wall."


male Human? pbp GM / 1 current map ; second floor

The only way forward is past the door with the eye. To risk the fog is to risk certain death.

Just sayin'


1/2 Vigor
Mutagen stats:
AC19/T12/FF17
1/2 Orc Fighter(Mutation Warrior)3HP30/31,Init6,F5(+7 vs. poison)R2W2AC17T12FF15Per+5

Let us set it on fire. Trevor gets burnable stuff.

Grand Lodge

"Lord of Cats" Human (Taldan/Garundi) CN Warpriest (Sacred Fist) of Bastet 3 | HP 21 | AC 20 | T 19 | FF 16 | Fort +3 | Ref +4 | Will +7 | CMD 20 | Init +3 Perception +10
skills:
Acrobatics +9, Intimidate +1, Knowledge (history) +6, Knowledge (religion) +4, Lore (Bastet/Felines) +5

"How did you damage it? What is it made of?
How did it react?
"

The Lord of Cats observes it for an extended period, watching it's behavior. Besides not knowing himself, he is not sure why he is helping these people instead of making his own way. He resolves to make this way, his way.

perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

religion: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Grand Lodge

AC 19 Touch 14 Flat 16 ++ HP 29/29 ++ Panache 3/3 +3 INI, +7 Perception; +3F +9R +0W

While firewood is being gathered, Lazare takes a long look at the disgusting eyeball that is attached to the door. Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Moving around the room, he takes notice to see if the eyeball follows him but takes care to remain out of range of any danger this thing could cause.
If we use fire here, will it spread to other areas? I'd hate to burn down our only protection against the acid rain and whatever else is out there.


1/2 Vigor
Mutagen stats:
AC19/T12/FF17
1/2 Orc Fighter(Mutation Warrior)3HP30/31,Init6,F5(+7 vs. poison)R2W2AC17T12FF15Per+5

Keep water available to toss if it doesn't seem to work and or when the eye dies.


male Human? pbp GM / 1 current map ; second floor

On one hand, the place is damp and dripping water from the oppressive fog.

On the other, some significant seismic event shook the building and wrecked a big chunk of it.

So you have a definite risk of lighting the entire building on fire and bringing on all that associated badness.

Winter will tell you that if you get within about 5 feet of the thing, the pupil becomes a mouth and it bites you. That is how they got someone seriously wounded trying to chop at it with axes. That didn't work, by the way. It seemed to heal quickly.

York then led his guards in a volley of rifle fire, which destroyed it. Until the next morning, when it was back again.

While it was destroyed, they looked beyond the door and saw the entry way to Briarstone, but did not explore further for fear the shooting would attract something foul.

Jean-Phillipe, as he studies it, can hear faint sobbing coming from it.

He surmises that this is some sort of interdimensional thing, a kind of haunt. It is a sign of blurred boundaries between dimensions in this place.

Haunts, he muses, are often destroyed by something other than physical violence.

Grand Lodge

"Lord of Cats" Human (Taldan/Garundi) CN Warpriest (Sacred Fist) of Bastet 3 | HP 21 | AC 20 | T 19 | FF 16 | Fort +3 | Ref +4 | Will +7 | CMD 20 | Init +3 Perception +10
skills:
Acrobatics +9, Intimidate +1, Knowledge (history) +6, Knowledge (religion) +4, Lore (Bastet/Felines) +5

"Winter, I have meditated on this door and asked my mistress for guidance and we must exorcise this door. Is there any holy water in this temple?"


male Human? pbp GM / 1 current map ; second floor

By scrounging, Winter can come up with one vial of holy water.

At least, she thinks it is holy water. Most any kind of water is being drunk these days, and then refilled with drips from the various holes in the roof.


1/2 Vigor
Mutagen stats:
AC19/T12/FF17
1/2 Orc Fighter(Mutation Warrior)3HP30/31,Init6,F5(+7 vs. poison)R2W2AC17T12FF15Per+5

So, splash it with holy water and hopefully that will destroy it. Trevor nods. I can toss it.


male Human? pbp GM / 1 current map ; second floor

Trevor flings the holy water on the thing. A shriek of rage is heard, and the eye bulges forward, the pupil becoming a fanged mouth, snapping and gnashing with terrible speed.

Like a nightmare thinks Faradin.

Three different, overlapping voices are heard from the thing, sobbing who am I become?, over and over again for a minute or so.


1/2 Vigor
Mutagen stats:
AC19/T12/FF17
1/2 Orc Fighter(Mutation Warrior)3HP30/31,Init6,F5(+7 vs. poison)R2W2AC17T12FF15Per+5

Who am I become? Uhh....This some phelososical question?

Grand Lodge

"Lord of Cats" Human (Taldan/Garundi) CN Warpriest (Sacred Fist) of Bastet 3 | HP 21 | AC 20 | T 19 | FF 16 | Fort +3 | Ref +4 | Will +7 | CMD 20 | Init +3 Perception +10
skills:
Acrobatics +9, Intimidate +1, Knowledge (history) +6, Knowledge (religion) +4, Lore (Bastet/Felines) +5

did that hurt it a little? A lot? I can make 3 pints a day. I can also create enough food and water to keep them alive indefinately,
But I won't.

I'm going to take 20 on the temple, searching it top to bottom with detect magic.
There has to be more to this.

Grand Lodge

AC 19 Touch 14 Flat 16 ++ HP 29/29 ++ Panache 3/3 +3 INI, +7 Perception; +3F +9R +0W

Lazare, watching the sobbing and viciousness of the eye, stands 6 feet away and tries to talk to the extradimensional thing.
He asks the following questions, more of a conversation than rapid fire questions.
Do you have a name?
What are you?
What is it that makes you sad?
Is there something that would make you less sad?
Why is that you live here and not somewhere else?


male Human? pbp GM / 1 current map ; second floor

In the end, JP doesn’t think the holy water actually hurt they eye any more than your eye would sting if someone threw some water in your face.

In the chapel, he finds a magical statue of Desna that is doing something, and the altar stone that holds the statue of Pharasma is also magic. He surmises it has something to do with the peaceful rest that can be obtained in the chapel, when resting anywhere else is plagued by nightmares.

In the Chaplain’s office you find a wand of lesser restoration (7 charges). There is a large wooden desk that has been partially broken apart for wood (for cook fires), and a stone and wood bookshelf built into the wall with a decent sized mirror and some vestments of Desna’s faith.

Talking to the thing yields much babbling, wailing, and sobbing. It is obsessed with what it has become, and what it might be, and what else may happen.

Liberty's Edge

Male / HP 12 (8) / AC - 17(19) / Touch - 14 / Flatfooted - 15 / Fort +3 / Ref +4 / Will +0 / CMB +5 / CMD 19 / Initiative +4 Human Cad Fighter / Level 1

"So, if the volley of rifle fire destroyed it about a night... what about building an explosive big enough to make it so it doesn't come back? Lots of gunpowder would do it I reckon..." Faradin mused, not understanding the magical aspect of it at all. He sets himself to getting used to the brace of pistols he has strapped, one under each armpit as the others discuss how to fix the problem at hand.


1/2 Vigor
Mutagen stats:
AC19/T12/FF17
1/2 Orc Fighter(Mutation Warrior)3HP30/31,Init6,F5(+7 vs. poison)R2W2AC17T12FF15Per+5

It could collapse things on our side and we are stuck.

Grand Lodge

"Lord of Cats" Human (Taldan/Garundi) CN Warpriest (Sacred Fist) of Bastet 3 | HP 21 | AC 20 | T 19 | FF 16 | Fort +3 | Ref +4 | Will +7 | CMD 20 | Init +3 Perception +10
skills:
Acrobatics +9, Intimidate +1, Knowledge (history) +6, Knowledge (religion) +4, Lore (Bastet/Felines) +5

"Maybe we should start with a 10" spear and see if it can move."

Grand Lodge

AC 19 Touch 14 Flat 16 ++ HP 29/29 ++ Panache 3/3 +3 INI, +7 Perception; +3F +9R +0W

Aye, but even if we manage to poke its eye out with your long stick Jean, it will just come back. Like it did with the other chaps. Coming back after our adventures might be a problem if the rest of it is on the other side of the door.

Is the statue of Desna big enough to move into this room?

GM Question:

Any help on how to deal with this taunt? Some roll that one of our PC's could make? A swift thump with the GM clue bat?!? :)


male Human? pbp GM / 1 current map ; second floor

It keeps whispering What have I become....What have I become

GM clue bat:
How about you show it what it has become?
More clue bat thumping is available if that makes no sense

Blowing up the door is definitely risky from a building stability point of view.


1/2 Vigor
Mutagen stats:
AC19/T12/FF17
1/2 Orc Fighter(Mutation Warrior)3HP30/31,Init6,F5(+7 vs. poison)R2W2AC17T12FF15Per+5

How about we get that mirror we saw and show it itself?

351 to 400 of 1,250 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gameplay thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.