Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Renaissance Strange Aeons

Game Master Keith S.

Renaissance Strange Aeons
Giles the Manservant
Betsy the Mule
current map


201 to 250 of 589 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

"Lord of Cats" Human (Taldan/Garundi) CN Warpriest (Sacred Fist) of Bastet 2 | HP 15 | AC 18 | T 17 | FF 14 | Fort +3 | Ref +3 | Will +7 | CMD 18 | Init +3 Perception +9
skills:
Acrobatics +8, Intimidate +1, Knowledge (history) +5, Knowledge (religion) +4, Lore (Bastet/Felines) +4

Do anyone's combat abiliies require anything special like flanking? I don't know some of these subclasses.


M 1/2 Orc Fighter(Mutation Warrior)2HP18/22,Init6,F5(+7 vs. poison)R2W2AC17T12FF15Per+4

Nope


male Human? pbp GM / 1 current map ; Giles survivalist 2; HP 22/22; ac 18; T14, F14; fort+2, reg+6, will+1

Somebody give me a stealth roll for the wee hafling.

Grand Lodge

"Lord of Cats" Human (Taldan/Garundi) CN Warpriest (Sacred Fist) of Bastet 2 | HP 15 | AC 18 | T 17 | FF 14 | Fort +3 | Ref +3 | Will +7 | CMD 18 | Init +3 Perception +9
skills:
Acrobatics +8, Intimidate +1, Knowledge (history) +5, Knowledge (religion) +4, Lore (Bastet/Felines) +4

stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


male Human? pbp GM / 1 current map ; Giles survivalist 2; HP 22/22; ac 18; T14, F14; fort+2, reg+6, will+1

Everyone is doing well (even Trevor is holding the one piece of scale that tinks when he walks) until the halfing trips over a board and it knocks over a pile of bricks.

The humming immediately stops. You hear some quick shuffling or movement from the area ahead, then silence.


male Human? pbp GM / 1 current map ; Giles survivalist 2; HP 22/22; ac 18; T14, F14; fort+2, reg+6, will+1

You guys are in any of the 4 squares touched by the red X. The noise came from ahead and to the right.

Grand Lodge

"Lord of Cats" Human (Taldan/Garundi) CN Warpriest (Sacred Fist) of Bastet 2 | HP 15 | AC 18 | T 17 | FF 14 | Fort +3 | Ref +3 | Will +7 | CMD 18 | Init +3 Perception +9
skills:
Acrobatics +8, Intimidate +1, Knowledge (history) +5, Knowledge (religion) +4, Lore (Bastet/Felines) +4

Waiting until the orc charges in, he follows him and moves to surround an enemy.

initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

unarmed, hopefully flanking: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 141d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Grand Lodge

AC 18 Touch 14 Flat 15 ++ HP 22/22 ++ Panache 3/3 +3 INI, +6 Perception; +3F +7R +0W

Initiative Check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Who the hell put that there.... grrrr the halfling says more embarrassed than anything else. Well, show your face, we all know you are there Lazare speaks into the darkness while drawing his rapier and is ready to move behind Trevor.


M 1/2 Orc Fighter(Mutation Warrior)2HP18/22,Init6,F5(+7 vs. poison)R2W2AC17T12FF15Per+4

Trevor holds his hammer ready and starts moving ahead.


male Human? pbp GM / 1 current map ; Giles survivalist 2; HP 22/22; ac 18; T14, F14; fort+2, reg+6, will+1

Trevor moves ahead and around the corner. Jean-Phillipe and Lazare are right behind him.

You see what looks like an office, but the walls between the hall and office and adjoining rooms have collapsed in the earthquake. Rubble is everywhere. Chairs and desks and shelves have been destroyed.

There are several bodies lying in the edges of the room, some human and some looking like what you killed below.

At the red O sits / lies an older human woman with a heavily bandaged leg. She is wearing some sort of white outfit (well, it was white once - now it is mostly dirty with black / brown / gray dirt and dust, along with a liberal amount of blood smudges).

Thank the gods you're human. It went that way when it heard you in the hall she gasps out. She points to the north, hand and arm trembling.

Grand Lodge

"Lord of Cats" Human (Taldan/Garundi) CN Warpriest (Sacred Fist) of Bastet 2 | HP 15 | AC 18 | T 17 | FF 14 | Fort +3 | Ref +3 | Will +7 | CMD 18 | Init +3 Perception +9
skills:
Acrobatics +8, Intimidate +1, Knowledge (history) +5, Knowledge (religion) +4, Lore (Bastet/Felines) +4

"Ma'am, we are glad you are so helpful, however, I feel we must verify you are not one of these things.". He moves up cautiously and prepares to give her a prick with the Claws of Bastet.

Defensive stance +4 to AC


male Human? pbp GM / 1 current map ; Giles survivalist 2; HP 22/22; ac 18; T14, F14; fort+2, reg+6, will+1

The woman lets out a sigh Let me guess. They told you shape shifters lived up here? Well, what would you expect a bunch of lunatics to tell you? This is the Briarstone Asylum, no? Where we keep the insane?

perception checks or sense motive or diplomacy or bluff or intimidate or etc. as you desire.

I will keep her opposing rolls (if any) secret so as not to give away a clue unnecessarily.

Grand Lodge

"Lord of Cats" Human (Taldan/Garundi) CN Warpriest (Sacred Fist) of Bastet 2 | HP 15 | AC 18 | T 17 | FF 14 | Fort +3 | Ref +3 | Will +7 | CMD 18 | Init +3 Perception +9
skills:
Acrobatics +8, Intimidate +1, Knowledge (history) +5, Knowledge (religion) +4, Lore (Bastet/Felines) +4

"You must believe me insane to think I would accept an old woman, alone, in all this carnage," and he clacks the steel claws together, daring her to reveal herself.
"We've slain one of you masquerading as a doctor, so we've seen your trick.".

Extending one hand, palm up, he motions for this brother come at him.

perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

sense motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

intimidate, come at me bro: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


M 1/2 Orc Fighter(Mutation Warrior)2HP18/22,Init6,F5(+7 vs. poison)R2W2AC17T12FF15Per+4

Well hey now, she is a nurse. How about she show us the proper way to stitch a cut? shapechangers can look like people but not sing and dance if they look like a famous person.


male Human? pbp GM / 1 current map ; Giles survivalist 2; HP 22/22; ac 18; T14, F14; fort+2, reg+6, will+1

Lad, I have been through a lot in the last couple of days. I have been chased, beaten, and broken a leg if I'm not mistaken. I haven't eaten in two days. Being tortured by those you used to care for is not a fun thing. Look at my hands shake here.

The woman holds out her hands to show that they are trembling.

But if you want me to botch a stitch so that you can feel better about bashing me 'ead in, let's be about it. Come a bit closer, as I cannot stand with my leg as it is.

Grand Lodge

"Lord of Cats" Human (Taldan/Garundi) CN Warpriest (Sacred Fist) of Bastet 2 | HP 15 | AC 18 | T 17 | FF 14 | Fort +3 | Ref +3 | Will +7 | CMD 18 | Init +3 Perception +9
skills:
Acrobatics +8, Intimidate +1, Knowledge (history) +5, Knowledge (religion) +4, Lore (Bastet/Felines) +4

"I have a question, am I a patient, or am I on staff?, And what is my name?"


male Human? pbp GM / 1 current map ; Giles survivalist 2; HP 22/22; ac 18; T14, F14; fort+2, reg+6, will+1

I can't answer that son. You weren't in my wing, so I don't know you


M 1/2 Orc Fighter(Mutation Warrior)2HP18/22,Init6,F5(+7 vs. poison)R2W2AC17T12FF15Per+4

Trevor shrugs. Not gunna torture anyone. We can tie her hands and with a broken leg she isn't going anywhere.


male Human? pbp GM / 1 current map ; Giles survivalist 2; HP 22/22; ac 18; T14, F14; fort+2, reg+6, will+1

So what are you gonna do? Faradin? Lazare? Thoughts?

Grand Lodge

"Lord of Cats" Human (Taldan/Garundi) CN Warpriest (Sacred Fist) of Bastet 2 | HP 15 | AC 18 | T 17 | FF 14 | Fort +3 | Ref +3 | Will +7 | CMD 18 | Init +3 Perception +9
skills:
Acrobatics +8, Intimidate +1, Knowledge (history) +5, Knowledge (religion) +4, Lore (Bastet/Felines) +4

"If you believe her, tying her hands is a death sentence. We should move her and some of these bodies back to the barricade. I am skeptical, and I would advise caution. How did you avoid the creatures? And how many have you seen?"


M 1/2 Orc Fighter(Mutation Warrior)2HP18/22,Init6,F5(+7 vs. poison)R2W2AC17T12FF15Per+4

I mean take her back with tied hands, not leave her here.

Liberty's Edge

Male / HP 12 (8) / AC - 17(19) / Touch - 14 / Flatfooted - 15 / Fort +3 / Ref +4 / Will +0 / CMB +5 / CMD 19 / Initiative +4 Human Cad Fighter / Level 1

"We have three options here. One, We take her back to the barricade, without any way of proving that she isn't a monster, they kill her. Two, we leave her here and the monsters kill her. Or three, we kill her. Those are our basic options. I suggest another option. Sorry Gran..."

Saying that, Faradin gave the woman's leg a light kick.


male Human? pbp GM / 1 current map ; Giles survivalist 2; HP 22/22; ac 18; T14, F14; fort+2, reg+6, will+1

The woman sneers at him That was a mistake, honey! and springs to her feet, face and body shifting into a man clad in a dirty doctor's coat.

initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12


male Human? pbp GM / 1 current map ; Giles survivalist 2; HP 22/22; ac 18; T14, F14; fort+2, reg+6, will+1

Roll initiative; and if you beat a 12 any of you can attack first.

Assume for this round it is not flanked, every round after this it will be flanked (until there is only one of you standing ... muahahaaha)

Liberty's Edge

Male / HP 12 (8) / AC - 17(19) / Touch - 14 / Flatfooted - 15 / Fort +3 / Ref +4 / Will +0 / CMB +5 / CMD 19 / Initiative +4 Human Cad Fighter / Level 1

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Faradin calmly glances at the others, "See. Option 4, which leads neatly to option 3!"

He ripped his sword free from his belt and waited, seeking the most opportune moment to strike.

Ready an Action to attack if the creature attacks me or an ally.

Grand Lodge

"Lord of Cats" Human (Taldan/Garundi) CN Warpriest (Sacred Fist) of Bastet 2 | HP 15 | AC 18 | T 17 | FF 14 | Fort +3 | Ref +3 | Will +7 | CMD 18 | Init +3 Perception +9
skills:
Acrobatics +8, Intimidate +1, Knowledge (history) +5, Knowledge (religion) +4, Lore (Bastet/Felines) +4

initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

The Lord of Cats shimmers and shifts, sidestepping closer to the creature and slashing diagonally at its chest with an unarmed strike.

Move action last blessing for today I think. As a move action I create an illusory double that functions as a single mirror image and lasts 1 round.

unarmed strike, let's make it non-lethal: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 61d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


male Human? pbp GM / 1 current map ; Giles survivalist 2; HP 22/22; ac 18; T14, F14; fort+2, reg+6, will+1

Feel free to roll attack dice; it is definitely attacking Faradin this round as he kicked it / him / her. Its AC is 16. And you beat its initiative.

Liberty's Edge

Male / HP 12 (8) / AC - 17(19) / Touch - 14 / Flatfooted - 15 / Fort +3 / Ref +4 / Will +0 / CMB +5 / CMD 19 / Initiative +4 Human Cad Fighter / Level 1

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 201d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


male Human? pbp GM / 1 current map ; Giles survivalist 2; HP 22/22; ac 18; T14, F14; fort+2, reg+6, will+1

Jean Phillipe misses with his oblique strike, but Faradin gives it a decent slash along the ribs!

Trevor and Lazare get to roll init and swing if they beat a 12


M 1/2 Orc Fighter(Mutation Warrior)2HP18/22,Init6,F5(+7 vs. poison)R2W2AC17T12FF15Per+4

Init: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

WAGHHHHH!!!! Trevor lays into the thing with his earthbreaker
Earthbreaker: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 222d6 + 4 ⇒ (3, 4) + 4 = 11


male Human? pbp GM / 1 current map ; Giles survivalist 2; HP 22/22; ac 18; T14, F14; fort+2, reg+6, will+1

A solid hit with the earthbreaker! Trevor's blow smashes down on the things left shoulder, displacing it with a loud CRACK.

However, given the fluid nature of the thing's body parts, it looks like it can still use the arm.

Grand Lodge

AC 18 Touch 14 Flat 15 ++ HP 22/22 ++ Panache 3/3 +3 INI, +6 Perception; +3F +7R +0W

Ini: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Lazare will wait until the monster attacks, but his rapier is ready to defend himself.


male Human? pbp GM / 1 current map ; Giles survivalist 2; HP 22/22; ac 18; T14, F14; fort+2, reg+6, will+1

The creature moves against Faradin, claws sprouting at the end of his hands!

attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24, hitting for damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14, and missing.

All players are up. Remember that you are all considered flanking the creature this round.

@Faradin - refresh my memory - why is your ac 17 (19)?


M 1/2 Orc Fighter(Mutation Warrior)2HP18/22,Init6,F5(+7 vs. poison)R2W2AC17T12FF15Per+4

Just go down already! Trevor tries to keep the creature off Faradin.

Earthbreaker: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 162d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 1) + 4 = 9

Grand Lodge

"Lord of Cats" Human (Taldan/Garundi) CN Warpriest (Sacred Fist) of Bastet 2 | HP 15 | AC 18 | T 17 | FF 14 | Fort +3 | Ref +3 | Will +7 | CMD 18 | Init +3 Perception +9
skills:
Acrobatics +8, Intimidate +1, Knowledge (history) +5, Knowledge (religion) +4, Lore (Bastet/Felines) +4

Responding with a two handed rend, he hopes the creature will be distracted by the others and the two strikes will land.

flurry of blows, flanking: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 71d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

flurry of blows, flanking: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 91d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Liberty's Edge

Male / HP 12 (8) / AC - 17(19) / Touch - 14 / Flatfooted - 15 / Fort +3 / Ref +4 / Will +0 / CMB +5 / CMD 19 / Initiative +4 Human Cad Fighter / Level 1

17 Base / 19 when I have my shield equipped. Which I couldn't do last timme but can do now.

Faradin pulled his shield from his side and fit it in place, before lashing out at the creature with his blade once more.

Flank1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 211d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


male Human? pbp GM / 1 current map ; Giles survivalist 2; HP 22/22; ac 18; T14, F14; fort+2, reg+6, will+1

Distracted by the bizzare gyrations of Jean-Phillipe, the creature is easy prey for Faradin, who stabs it deeply in the abdomen.

your dice are cold, Jean-Phillipe!

The thing is staggering, and only needs Trevor or Lazare to finish it off.


male Human? pbp GM / 1 current map ; Giles survivalist 2; HP 22/22; ac 18; T14, F14; fort+2, reg+6, will+1

AND .... I missed the post by Trevor laying into it again - he crushes its head with a solid blow from his hammer, dropping the thing.

It lies there, in its natural form , in a well worn and bloody white jacket.

Make some perception checks if you wish to search the area.

Liberty's Edge

Male / HP 12 (8) / AC - 17(19) / Touch - 14 / Flatfooted - 15 / Fort +3 / Ref +4 / Will +0 / CMB +5 / CMD 19 / Initiative +4 Human Cad Fighter / Level 1

Can we take 20?

Grand Lodge

"Lord of Cats" Human (Taldan/Garundi) CN Warpriest (Sacred Fist) of Bastet 2 | HP 15 | AC 18 | T 17 | FF 14 | Fort +3 | Ref +3 | Will +7 | CMD 18 | Init +3 Perception +9
skills:
Acrobatics +8, Intimidate +1, Knowledge (history) +5, Knowledge (religion) +4, Lore (Bastet/Felines) +4

Perception, or 28 on a take 20: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23


male Human? pbp GM / 1 current map ; Giles survivalist 2; HP 22/22; ac 18; T14, F14; fort+2, reg+6, will+1

@Faradin - I would say not in this case, as taking 20 is supposed to mean you are not bothered by distractions or threats - and you are in a creepy, horror filled insane asylum, shattered by what appears to be an earthquake, pursued by shape shifting monsters, and have no memories of your past.

Liberty's Edge

Male / HP 12 (8) / AC - 17(19) / Touch - 14 / Flatfooted - 15 / Fort +3 / Ref +4 / Will +0 / CMB +5 / CMD 19 / Initiative +4 Human Cad Fighter / Level 1

That is fair. I have no bonus so I think I'll let Catman get this.


male Human? pbp GM / 1 current map ; Giles survivalist 2; HP 22/22; ac 18; T14, F14; fort+2, reg+6, will+1

You find that there are two shapeshifter bodies and three human bodies here. It looks like chunks of flesh have been deliberately cut from the bodies. Along one wall, you find the missing chunks of meat hanging from hooks in long strips.

In the smashed desk and lockers you find a wide variety of desk items - paper, pens, ink, etc. You also find a wooden holy symbol of Pharasma, a silver masterwork dagger, and a pair of gaudy red boots with cat fur lining (worth 20gp).

The way to the north or east are blocked with rubble. There is a door to the west.

Grand Lodge

"Lord of Cats" Human (Taldan/Garundi) CN Warpriest (Sacred Fist) of Bastet 2 | HP 15 | AC 18 | T 17 | FF 14 | Fort +3 | Ref +3 | Will +7 | CMD 18 | Init +3 Perception +9
skills:
Acrobatics +8, Intimidate +1, Knowledge (history) +5, Knowledge (religion) +4, Lore (Bastet/Felines) +4

That's Mssr. Cat

Grand Lodge

"Lord of Cats" Human (Taldan/Garundi) CN Warpriest (Sacred Fist) of Bastet 2 | HP 15 | AC 18 | T 17 | FF 14 | Fort +3 | Ref +3 | Will +7 | CMD 18 | Init +3 Perception +9
skills:
Acrobatics +8, Intimidate +1, Knowledge (history) +5, Knowledge (religion) +4, Lore (Bastet/Felines) +4

Frowning deeply and shaking his head, he wraps the boots and places them in his satchel for a proper burial. "These truly are monsters," ignoring the hanging strips of flesh.


M 1/2 Orc Fighter(Mutation Warrior)2HP18/22,Init6,F5(+7 vs. poison)R2W2AC17T12FF15Per+4

Ugh...Well at least we have two shapeshifter bodies we can drag over. The one in the basement would make three, right?

Grand Lodge

AC 18 Touch 14 Flat 15 ++ HP 22/22 ++ Panache 3/3 +3 INI, +6 Perception; +3F +7R +0W

Lazare looks his mates in the eyes and takes the masterwork dagger, shoving it into his belt.
What say you all to exploring a bit? Perhaps there is something interesting to the west. Perhaps an answer, since all we seem to get are more questions.


M 1/2 Orc Fighter(Mutation Warrior)2HP18/22,Init6,F5(+7 vs. poison)R2W2AC17T12FF15Per+4

West sounds ok. Faradin, howya doing? You took a rather nasty blow there.

Liberty's Edge

Male / HP 12 (8) / AC - 17(19) / Touch - 14 / Flatfooted - 15 / Fort +3 / Ref +4 / Will +0 / CMB +5 / CMD 19 / Initiative +4 Human Cad Fighter / Level 1

Faradin shook himself and sighed. "I'm fine. Let's just keep moving. We have the creatures we need to gain access but of you want to explore, let's be about it lads."

I feel like we need a Cleric or something as our shared NPC


male Human? pbp GM / 1 current map ; Giles survivalist 2; HP 22/22; ac 18; T14, F14; fort+2, reg+6, will+1

Well, you have a warpriest player, and you are first level

You open the door and look into the room to the west. Sturdy racks and toppled tables suggest this space once served as a sizable laundry. Much of the northern end of the room is filled with rubble.

A series of crossbeams fills the western alcove, forming a laundry drying rack.

Three figures are manacled to this laundry drying rack.

The southern figure appears human, wearing stained yellow sheets as robes, and bears a flame shaped mark on his forehead.

The middle figure is a partially eaten human wearing gray pajamas.

The northern figure is human shaped, but his teeth are all long fangs, and pallid skin stretched over his bony frame. While his arms are manacled to the frame, he is able to slide next to the middle figure (the corpse), which he does, and stretches his head to the side, taking a chomp out of the body. He chews noisily.

The southern human utters words fail...

There is also a door in the southern end of the room. There are windows in the wall behind the prisoners but they are somewhat dirty, so you cannot easily see outside.

map should be updated.

201 to 250 of 589 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gameplay thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.