Redelia's Race for the Runecarved Key (Inactive)

Game Master Redelia

map


1 to 50 of 457 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Venture Agent, Flaxseed Lodge (online)

If you're signed up for this table of the special, please dot and delete.


Venture Agent, Flaxseed Lodge (online)

You have been summoned to the home of Sheila and Canayven Heidmarch, which is also the Pathfinder Lodge in the city of Magnamar. You are waiting to meet with them to find out why you have been summoned.

You may introduce yourselves to each other; we will get started in just a few day.


Oloch sits at the table chin in hand while the other is drumming the table. Having spent his life on the field of battle and now sequestered to desk duty on occasion, to which he finds very, very boring. Looking down to the Holy Symbol of Gorum hanging from his neck a look of anger crosses his face. Standing most abruptly he looks about the room yelling not at those present but the absurdity of the situation "Waagh!!! When do we fight! This wait is boring I am ready now!!" finishing his bellow into the room. He stands fire in his eye, ready to show his god that he is ready to bring more death and carnage to please the Lord in Iron.

Scarab Sages

Male N Sylph Witch (patron familiar) 3 / Archmage 3 | HP: 26/26 17/17 | AC: 16 12 (12 Tch, 14 10 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 (10 Fl) | F: +3, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +11 +8 | Perc: +9, SM +3 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: mage armor

An ancient-looking man jumps at Oloch's outburst, a small, black, furry mass flying out of the tangles of his long grey hair. The mass resolves into a bat, that flutters here and there before returning to find another place to roost, this time in the beard, as Robyyn composes himself.

"We don't even know why we're here yet, let alone if we'll fight."

"Though, I suppose there's always a fight."


"Inevitable airwalker. Battle is always the outcome sooner or later and the war rages on even as we speak." Oloch sits back down in his chair taking the typical stance of boredom.

Dark Archive

female Ifrit Sorcerer (Tattood) 2
Spoiler:
AC 13/T13/FF10 HP 1/14 F+2 R+3 W+3 Init +10 Perception+1

The young woman called Feuerseele. Her lusterous red hair and petite figure in red and golden silk with high red dyed boots is smiling around and nodding to the uncouth half-orc.
"Patience is a virtue. And we are inside the city of Magnimar. You shouldn´t expect battle right now!"

Dark Archive

Male Vanara Unchained Rogue 3| HP 24/24 | AC 20, T 16, FF 15 | F +2, R +8, W +3 | Init +5 | Perc +8 |

A miniature vanara, standing not even 3' tall comes walking into the room like he has a full marching band announcing him. His fur is dyed in clearly unnatural colors, but his gear is rather more functional in its design.

Not expecting battle is what gets people into trouble. I say let Oloch be Oloch, right big guy? Think Gilbert Gottfried at his worst for how grating Sangkip's voice is.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Paladin 5 | HP: 47/47 | AC:22 T:12 FF:21 | CMB:+6 CMD:20 | Saves F:+11 R:+7 W:+9 (+1 vs evil outsiders, +2 vs death effects) | Init:+1 | Per:+8 | SM: +6 | LoH: 7/8 | Active Conditions: enlarge person

The next moment, a man with features equal parts Varisian and Ulfen strides in adorned head-to-toe in intricate full plate armor, and with a large sword strapped across his back. The sword and sunburst symbol of Iomedae lay prominently etched into his breastplate.

He says, "Indeed. Evil lurks in all corners of the world. I have known few missions such as these that end without the spilling of blood. But, if it can be avoided, we should do everything in our power to do so."

He takes a long look at the others already gathered. "Well met. My name is Hamith Caid. It is my presumption that we will be working together."

Scarab Sages

Male N Sylph Witch (patron familiar) 3 / Archmage 3 | HP: 26/26 17/17 | AC: 16 12 (12 Tch, 14 10 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 (10 Fl) | F: +3, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +11 +8 | Perc: +9, SM +3 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: mage armor

"I think you're right, Hamith." He moves over to the paladin, almost gliding instead of walking, his hand outstretched in greeting.

His hair and beard both swirl in the breezes that seem to swirl around the sylph constantly.

"I'm Robyyn," he states, simply. He brings his hand up towards his face and retrieves the bat from within his ancient beard. "This is Ayrii; she mostly stays put... she sleeps more than anything these days. But she might come out if we get into trouble, so I wanted you all to know she's here." Bringing his hand to his beard again, the bat climbs back in.


VC Sheila Heidmarch

At the request of hosts Canayven and Sheila Heidmarch, you have been invited to attend a private meeting at Heidmarch Manor. A large number of your fellow Pathfinders have clearly also been given a similar invitation, however the appearance of Sheila Heidmarch suggests all is about to be made clear.

She calls for your attention, and as the noise dies down she begins to speak.

”Dear friends, welcome to Magnimar and the newest Pathfinder Lodge—Heidmarch Manor. For those of you who do not yet know me, my name is Sheila Heidmarch—venture-captain of Magnimar. This lodge is also my home, which I share with my husband Canayven. While we are far from the comforts of the Grand Lodge at Absalom, we shall do our best to accommodate you with our humble Varisian hospitalities. My husband and I both spent many years in the field, so we know well what you do and appreciate that you have answered our summons. We are both extremely grateful to receive you and your support.”

“As you well know, Heidmarch Manor is a new lodge. Presently it is funded almost entirely from my own resources. Although I adore Magnimar, we have as many enemies here as friends. This being the case, I seek to court the favor of more powerful allies, specifically members of the Council of Ushers and the Office of the Lord Mayor.”

“This brings the conversation to our current situation. On one of their more recent salvage runs, the wondrous artificers of the Golemworks uncovered a strange relic while dredging stone from the bottom of Magnimar’s harbor. The relic appears to be some sort of a giant key, etched with ancient Thassilonian runes that their learned arcanists speculate may even predate the coming of the mysterious runelords. Because the key falls outside their area of expertise, the Golemworks donated the curious aritfact to the Office of the Lord Mayor. In turn, the Lord Mayor intends to auction off the key to the highest bidder in short order, to fund municipal projects. The auction will be run by the Cathedral of Abadar, gold in hand—meaning immediately after the final bid is accepted, the bidder must pay for his prize in full.”

“We want the key. However, we want it legally. Our establishment in Magnimar is relatively new and our footing tenuous. We need to secure more stable political relationships with the Lord Mayor’s office and the Council of Ushers to ensure the Society’s long term success in this city; especially since the Aspis Consortium already has such a strong foothold here. The legitimate purchase of the Runecarved Key from the local authorities would demonstrate our respect for the city’s government, which would go a long way toward improving our public image with these people.”

“That said, we can greatly increase our chances of winning the auction by persuading our competition to back out. While there are some we believe we can outbid, we are a new lodge with far fewer funds than many. Thus, we must find out who else is interested in the key, how much they can bid, and whether or not we can knock them out of the auction.”

“To assure our success, our espionage must be extensive. Therefore we have divided the task between our agents. While division stands to place field operatives in greater danger, we cannot risk revealing ourselves by working en mass. If you are discovered, we will disavow any association with you. We cannot aid you if you get arrested or fall into the clutches of the enemies of our Society. While this is unfortunate, I hope you can understand our position.”

”For now, please make yourselves at home. We have provided accommodations for each of your groups. Feel free to drop off your things and prepare yourselves. Then meet me in the manor’s theatre in five minutes.”

There is a new general discussion thread HERE that can be used for cross table discussion etc. Feel free to jump in (or not) as you please.

Dark Archive

Male Vanara Unchained Rogue 3| HP 24/24 | AC 20, T 16, FF 15 | F +2, R +8, W +3 | Init +5 | Perc +8 |

So wayfinders in pockets - if we're gonna be disavowed anyways...


"What! an Auction. You pulled me from the Field of Battle to go Galavant around with some white wigs!" Oloch starts to become frustrated. "Fine Cap'm! I will do what you ask but you owe me a good battle soon." Oloch goes into the main theater room to 'mingle'. Although he is still dressed for Battle.

Dark Archive

Male Vanara Unchained Rogue 3| HP 24/24 | AC 20, T 16, FF 15 | F +2, R +8, W +3 | Init +5 | Perc +8 |

Oloch, Oloch, you misunderstand. The nobs and captains get to hold aloft a decorative fan; we get to encourage other acquisitive types not to show in the first place.
At the very least you'll get to break someone's legs.


Venture Agent, Flaxseed Lodge (online)

You have a bit more time to interact (or even introduce yourselves)


A small look of confusion rolls over Oloch's face and the his eyes go wide, and then he smiles most devilishly. "You mean to battle correct? The Lord in Iron would not be pleased with me if I were to 'Break legs' of someone who is not in the skirmish."

I do hope you all understand I'm playing the character not the other way around. I figured with his back story this is the likely way Oloch acts.

Dark Archive

Male Vanara Unchained Rogue 3| HP 24/24 | AC 20, T 16, FF 15 | F +2, R +8, W +3 | Init +5 | Perc +8 |

Sure, sure, we tell 'em they're in a fight and you break their legs. Nice and simple.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Paladin 5 | HP: 47/47 | AC:22 T:12 FF:21 | CMB:+6 CMD:20 | Saves F:+11 R:+7 W:+9 (+1 vs evil outsiders, +2 vs death effects) | Init:+1 | Per:+8 | SM: +6 | LoH: 7/8 | Active Conditions: enlarge person

Hamith takes off his helmet and holds it in the crook of his arm.

"Sounds like a worthy, if unorthodox challenge for such a group, but I'm sure we will become fast friends. If any of you need beneficial magic gifted to me by the Inheritor, I would be happy to lend her power unto you."

Scarab Sages

Male N Sylph Witch (patron familiar) 3 / Archmage 3 | HP: 26/26 17/17 | AC: 16 12 (12 Tch, 14 10 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 (10 Fl) | F: +3, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +11 +8 | Perc: +9, SM +3 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: mage armor

"Well, Hamith, if it comes to battle, I would love it if you would keep an eye on me. I'll try to stay out of the way and do my work from afar, but I am supremely fragile; if the battle comes to me directly, I could be in serious trouble."

Though he certainly seems as frail as he suggests in some ways--he'd clearly be no help carrying a large bag of loot home, for instance--he moves with grace and seems to have survived many dangers in his life.

"I will not turn away Iomedae's ministrations in any case." He looks to Oloch. "Nor Gorum's, should they be offered!"


"Robyyn, Gorum will grant his aid when needed." Oloch returns to a table in the Theater with a tray of Pints and 1/2 pints for a certain Vanara ;)

"Please Friends a toast to battle and a Glorious Death!" Oloch shouts out to witch other followers of Gorum respond with a "For the Lord in Iron!"

Dark Archive

Male Vanara Unchained Rogue 3| HP 24/24 | AC 20, T 16, FF 15 | F +2, R +8, W +3 | Init +5 | Perc +8 |

For personal survival and the promise of riches!


***OVERSEER POST***

VC Sheila Heidmarch

Even before the venture-captain arrives, the theater in Heidmarch Manor is crammed with Pathfinders. Heidmarch enters quietly, then slips through the crowd, takes the stage, and speaks. “Tonight, the Council of Ushers is sponsoring a pre-auction gala, to be hosted at the Cathedral of Abadar. During the party, the auctioneers intend to display the Runecarved Key in order to entice potential bidders. Anyone serious about entering the auction will be required to place a deposit of ten thousand gold coins in an escrow account at the cathedral.

“We need you to attend this event, both to submit our deposit as well as to determine who else might be interested in the key. While most of those attending received invitations, the event is semi-private and open to anyone with enough money to place serious bids. While the city provided me with an invitation, my appearance would give our many enemies cause for suspicion. For this reason, I ask that all of you go in my stead, and enter as my proxies. Still, we do not want out enemies to speculate on our own intentions. For this reason you must keep a low profile and avoid seeming too eager about the key. Each of you will be given a portion of the full deposit to take to the temple to present to Proctor Imikar”

Dark Archive

female Ifrit Sorcerer (Tattood) 2
Spoiler:
AC 13/T13/FF10 HP 1/14 F+2 R+3 W+3 Init +10 Perception+1

Feuerseele smiles at the captain and nods."So not too flashy and move around and listen to stories? While carrying a huge sack of gold?"


Venture Agent, Flaxseed Lodge (online)

"It won't be a huge sack of gold, because other teams of Pathfinders will also bring part of the deposit."

Once you have received your briefing, Sheila gives you a strong box containing a portion of the deposit. You make your way to the Cathedral of Abadar. Upon your arrival, you witness a steady stream of guests ascending the stairs and entering the cathedral’s main sanctuary, where the viewing is being held. Rows of temple warriors wearing white tabards stitched with the golden key of Abadar flank the main entrance. Their hands clenched tightly around their gleaming swords as they stand almost motionless, ever-vigilant stares upon their faces.

As you enter, various low-level priests invite you to partake in food and beverages while you mingle about. You decide to deposit your funds first. One of the acolytes directs you to Proctor Jyronn Imikar, a pleasant Osirian priest who runs the temple. Imikar accepts your deposit and writes something in his ledger. You wouldn’t be proper Pathfinders if you did not use the opportunity to attempt to see some of the writing. After a moment Proctor Imikar closes the book ”Thank you for entering the auction, will you also thank madam Heidmarch on my behalf?”

rolls for peeking at ledger:

[spoiler=Perception]
Feuerseele: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 one result
Sangkip: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16 four results
Oloch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 two results
Robyyn: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22 six results
Hamith: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25 six results
Gbagbe: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20 six results

Feuerseele: 1d8 ⇒ 4
Sangkip: 4d8 ⇒ (1, 8, 7, 7) = 23
Olock: 2d8 ⇒ (5, 6) = 11
Robyyn: 6d8 ⇒ (6, 4, 3, 4, 7, 3) = 27
Hamith: 6d8 ⇒ (2, 8, 3, 3, 5, 6) = 27
Gbagbe: 6d8 ⇒ (8, 4, 4, 7, 8, 5) = 36

Sangkip dup reroll: 1d8 ⇒ 6
Robyyn dup reroll: 2d8 ⇒ (8, 2) = 10
Hamith dup reroll: 1d8 ⇒ 3
Gbagbe dup reroll: 2d8 ⇒ (8, 2) = 10

Hamith re-reroll: 1d8 ⇒ 5
Gbagbe re-reroll: 1d8 ⇒ 1

Hamith again: 1d8 ⇒ 3
Hamith again: 1d8 ⇒ 4

More coming in a minute, I just don't want to make one monster post.


Venture Agent, Flaxseed Lodge (online)

Feuerseele:
You managed to spot the following in the ledger:
Sheila Heidmarch representing the Pathfinder Society

Sangkip:
You managed to spot the following in the ledger:
Maiveer Sloan representing the Aspis Consortium
The Duchesses representing no one
Doctor Ernst Landis representing the Museum of Ages
Zimandi Kaddren

Oloch:
You managed to spot the following in the ledger:
Dymal Rinks, independent
The Duchesses representing no one

Robyyn:
You managed to spot the following in the ledger:
Falrig Sneve
Kresch Vaor representing Underbridge Exports
Sheila Heidmarch representing the Pathfinder Society
The Duchesses representing no one
Doctor Ernst Landis representing the Museum of Ages
Zimandi Kaddren

Hamith:
You managed to spot the following in the ledger:
Falrig Sneve
Kresch Vaor representing Underbridge Exports
Sheila Heidmarch representing the Pathfinder Society
Dymal Rinks, independent
The Duchesses representing no one
Zimandi Kaddren

Gbagbe:
You managed to spot the following in the ledger:
Maiveer Sloan representing the Aspis Consortium
Falrig Sneve
Sheila Heidmarch representing the Pathfinder Society
Dymal Rinks, independent
Doctor Ernst Landis representing the Museum of Ages
Zimandi Kaddren


Venture Agent, Flaxseed Lodge (online)

After depositing the funds you take a drink and something to eat. A squat man in white robes steps upon the cathedral dais to address the room. Introducing himself as the sexton of Magnimar’s High Cathedral of Abadar, he greets his guests with a broad, welcoming smile. “Good evening, friends! I’m pleased to see so many of our distinguished and honored guests could attend. For those of you not fortunate enough to have participated in our pre-auction festivities, please feel free to take part in all the luxuries and wonders within these halls. And with my welcome, I have the pleasure unveiling the auction’s feature lot. Enjoy!”

With the utterance of the final word he pulls aside the veil, displaying a gigantic key. It stands roughly three feet tall and is made of stone etched with glowing arcane symbols. The crowd applauds and people turn back to their companions to discuss the key. The crowd is an eclectic mix of landholders, merchants, and other notable figures from all over Varisia, wide-eyed and curious to glimpse the mysterious Runecarved Key. Hired servants weave through the crowd bearing luxurious platters of fruits, sweetbreads, and oysters or trays topped with crystal goblets of heady red wine. Guests mingle slowly, socializing amicably but cautiously with longtime acquaintances, as they feel out potential competitors.

At this time, you can attempt to scope the crowd to try to deduce who are the society’s most serious competitors. You can attempt a Diplomacy or Knowledge (Local or Nobility) check to find a specific individual or attempt a Diplomacy, Knowledge (Local or Nobility), Perception or Sense Motive check to give a more generic description of the type of person you seek

Scarab Sages

Male N Sylph Witch (patron familiar) 3 / Archmage 3 | HP: 26/26 17/17 | AC: 16 12 (12 Tch, 14 10 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 (10 Fl) | F: +3, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +11 +8 | Perc: +9, SM +3 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: mage armor

Robyyn slowly approaches the key; not directly, but he is interested. He suspects, too, that even one not interested in bidding would still want to look on the revered artifact, so tries to affect that kind of casual interest.

Bluff: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (6) - 2 = 4

He grabs a glass of wine and some oysters as he walks, enjoying the finer parts of the evening as he works. He's combed his hair and straightened his beard, though the breezes that seem to perpetually swirl around the sylph threaten to undo the work, which is already starting to slowly become less kempt.

When he gets to the key, he gives it a casual once over, and begins trying to see if he can find one of the names that he noticed from the ledger. The Dutchesses. Representing "no one." Curious to specifically identify that, when others just listed no representation. I'd like to try to speak to them, definitely.

Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Dark Archive

Male Vanara Unchained Rogue 3| HP 24/24 | AC 20, T 16, FF 15 | F +2, R +8, W +3 | Init +5 | Perc +8 |

Sangkip walks over to the key directly, memorizing specific parts of it, and even taking a couple notes. Gotta make sure we don't get stuck with a decoy.

Afterwards he sees about finding Sloan, working his way through the tightest bits of the crowd by the simple expedients of walking through people's legs or just climbing up and over them when necessary. Always worth sizing up the local snakey competition. Doctor Ernst Landis, of the Museum of Ages,
and Zimandi Kaddren would have to wait.

Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12


Venture Agent, Flaxseed Lodge (online)

Sangkip is unable to find the doctor.

Robyyn has heard some very vague rumors about the Duchesses, but nothing he can use.

Dark Archive

Male Vanara Unchained Rogue 3| HP 24/24 | AC 20, T 16, FF 15 | F +2, R +8, W +3 | Init +5 | Perc +8 |

Can we try to track down others? Or should we hold off for now?

Dark Archive

female Ifrit Sorcerer (Tattood) 2
Spoiler:
AC 13/T13/FF10 HP 1/14 F+2 R+3 W+3 Init +10 Perception+1

Mingeling in the crowd Feuerseele tries to get some generic informations first to aid her in narrowing some likely targets.
Taking 10 for diplomacy 22.


Oloch attempts to scope out the joint Looking about the theater if anyone stands out amongst the large Crowd.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26Hell of a time to crit roll

He also does his best playing second fiddle to Feuerseele and assisting in her deliberations with the gathering of people.

Diplomacy Assist: Take 10: 10 + 0 = 10

Following up behind Feuerseele's line of questions Oloch says "I heard there was a few unlikely persons expressing interest in this auction. A Dymal Rinks and some that goes by The Duchesses. Do those names ring any bells?"

Grand Lodge

Male Human Paladin 5 | HP: 47/47 | AC:22 T:12 FF:21 | CMB:+6 CMD:20 | Saves F:+11 R:+7 W:+9 (+1 vs evil outsiders, +2 vs death effects) | Init:+1 | Per:+8 | SM: +6 | LoH: 7/8 | Active Conditions: enlarge person

Hamith memorizes the names he'd seen on the ledger and then goes to the others. He sees them move away to other parts, mingling, so he does as well. He decides to ask around for Kresch Vaor.

"Hello there, apologies for the intrusion, but may I ask if you be able to point out Kresch Vaor to me? I, sadly, have never met him before."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15


Venture Agent, Flaxseed Lodge (online)

Feuerseele sees many people who look interesting. Please tell me what kind of person you are looking for.

Oloch, I know this part is a little vague, but sense motive is supposed to be applied to looking for a type of person, not just anyone who stands out. I'll let you keep the roll, just let me know who you're looking for.
Also, you can't take 10 on an assist.

Hamith talks to a friendly looking man, who smiles at him but shakes his head that he doesn't know either.

Guys, I know this part is a bit confusing. You are trying to find the people you saw in the ledger and talk to them, hopefully getting information about them that will help if you need to interact with them later. Please remember that you are on a timer here, and the overseer will move us on to the next phase in a few days.

Scarab Sages

Male N Sylph Witch (patron familiar) 3 / Archmage 3 | HP: 26/26 17/17 | AC: 16 12 (12 Tch, 14 10 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 (10 Fl) | F: +3, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +11 +8 | Perc: +9, SM +3 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: mage armor

This part is a bit confusing. I think knowing the answers to these questions will help us formulate a strategy better:

Are we in a 'rounds' type of situation where we each need to act once before we can all act again, or is this more of a free-for-all where we act whenever we wish?

If we're using Sense Motive to find a "type" of person, what kind of "types" are you talking about? Rich types? Aspis types? If we have a name from the ledger, is it better to search for that person specifically vs. using Sense Motive to find a type of person instead?


Venture Agent, Flaxseed Lodge (online)

You're not in rounds, exactly. You can act again before someone else acts if you want, but please do something and then wait for me to respond, rather than stack up a bunch of actions. In my personal opinion, looking for a person who you saw in the ledger is better than looking around in general, unless your particular skills are really skewed towards the alternative. The adventure gives the following examples: (such as political figures, aristocrats, Aspis Consortium members, or wealthy merchants).

Scarab Sages

Male N Sylph Witch (patron familiar) 3 / Archmage 3 | HP: 26/26 17/17 | AC: 16 12 (12 Tch, 14 10 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 (10 Fl) | F: +3, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +11 +8 | Perc: +9, SM +3 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: mage armor

Robyyn continues to move about the room, set on locating the mysterious Dutchesses. He tries to focus on groups of older women that he sees clustered together, but is no stranger to strangeness, so doesn't dismiss anyone out of hand.

Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


Venture Agent, Flaxseed Lodge (online)

Robyyn is unable to recall anything about them.


Redelia to be more specific

Oloch Looks about the room asking questions getting a feel for how those in the room carry themselves. Any one that stands out that could be carrying themselves with an authority or even appears boastful that they are going to win because they have "Big Pockets".

The Warpriest is also keeping a look out for anyone who appears to be a loaner not really wanting to speak with anyone or keeping to themselves.

Using above roll

Retcon with correct rolling ;)

Seeing that Feuerseele is rubbing 'elbows' with the guests Oloch will follow behind her and ask a few questions as she finishes speaking "I heard there was a few unlikely persons expressing interest in this auction. A Dymal Rinks and someone that goes by The Duchesses I believe. Do either of those names ring any bells?"

Diplomacy Aid Another: 1d20 ⇒ 17

Dark Archive

Male Vanara Unchained Rogue 3| HP 24/24 | AC 20, T 16, FF 15 | F +2, R +8, W +3 | Init +5 | Perc +8 |

Sangkip continues his search, this time seeing out Dr. Landis.
Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Grand Lodge

Male Human Paladin 5 | HP: 47/47 | AC:22 T:12 FF:21 | CMB:+6 CMD:20 | Saves F:+11 R:+7 W:+9 (+1 vs evil outsiders, +2 vs death effects) | Init:+1 | Per:+8 | SM: +6 | LoH: 7/8 | Active Conditions: enlarge person

Hamith tries again to find Vaor, this time trying another few groups of people.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18

Grand Lodge

Appearance M Grippli Amnesiac Psychedelic Psychic 3 | HP 20 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 15 | (w/o mage armor: 13 | 13 | 11) | CMD 11 | Fort +4 | Ref +4 | Will +6 | Init +2 | Perc +7

As the party is arriving at the temple of Abadar, a peculiar little figure, more frog than man, hops hurriedly after them, muttering under his breath, ”Forgot! Forgot! I knew I had a thing to go to, I even wrote it on a card, and I tied a string around my toe, but then I used the string to make a thing, I forget what, and had to write something on the back of the card…oh, where are they…who did that Heidmarket lady tell me to look for? A wind man and a fire woman – or was it a fireman and a windlass? And a big fellow who wants a fight and one in a shiny suit – and a monkey? No, that can’t be right…wait, look, that must be them!”

The little figure scurries up to the group, calling out, ”Hey! Hey! Are you guys Pathf-oops, no, not that, right? I’m with you guys, they told me to join you here!” He is a tiny, green and yellow-skinned frog, with orange feet and hands and spots of reds and blues scattered across his skin. Several strands of cheap, colorful glass beads hang from his scrawny neck and a riotously colored headband is tied around his head. He is unarmored and carries a small crossbow, and a bundle of bolts that appear to still have the original string around them from the fletcher's shop.

”I’m so glad I found you guys! I am…” he says, pausing a moment to catch his breath. At first it seem as if he's somehow forgotten his own name, then the pause grows, suggesting perhaps he's forgotten he's in a conversation or perhaps that such a thing as speech even exists. His large, yellow eyes drift distantly for a long moment before he snaps back as if nothing has happened. "Gbagbe!" he finally continues, the name sounding as if he's swallowing a large bug as he speaks. ”That’s it, Gbagbe! I was going to be at the, er, meeting, but…I forgot.”

As the group is asked to deliver their portion of the Society’s deposit – which engenders a frantic moment of patting pockets he does not have and looking behind him as if he might have dropped something, until his hand hits the small pouch at his waist with a clink – Gbagbe’s natural curiosity causes him to study the names above his on the list. Must, must, must remember these names, since I’m looking. He actually thumps himself on the side of the head a couple of times, as if to beat the names into his memory as he recites them to himself. Maiveer Sloan representing the Aspis Consortium. Falrig Sneve. Sheila Heidmarch representing the Pathfinder Society. Dymal Rinks, independent. Doctor Ernst Landis representing the Museum of Ages. Zimandi Kaddren.

A few moments later, when the Runecarved Key is revealed, Gbagbe’s eyes grow impossibly large and he utters a reverent, ”Whoa…” His attention is short-lived, however, as he’s soon hopping eagerly after a server with a tray of oysters, unaware or unconcerned that they are intended for the gathering as a whole, rather than one small grippli with the munchies. His hunger sated for the moment, he turns his attention to trying to find some of the people named in the register, commenting to Robyyn, ”Should I look for Sheila Heidmarch? I know that name…no, wait, she’s the one who sent us here! We work for her! I’m going to look for Maiveer Sloan, I hear that Apple Consortium are supposed to be a bad bunch!”

Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 looking for Maiveer Sloan

Dark Archive

female Ifrit Sorcerer (Tattood) 2
Spoiler:
AC 13/T13/FF10 HP 1/14 F+2 R+3 W+3 Init +10 Perception+1

I think Feuerseele, with just Sheila can´t find out more unless someone sets her on someone specific!

Grand Lodge

Appearance M Grippli Amnesiac Psychedelic Psychic 3 | HP 20 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 15 | (w/o mage armor: 13 | 13 | 11) | CMD 11 | Fort +4 | Ref +4 | Will +6 | Init +2 | Perc +7

Gbagbe notes that the fire woman seems to be wandering around, perhaps a bit unsure how to proceed. The froggy fellow shakes his head hard once or twice, as if trying to get something out of his ear, and jars a memory loose. "Hey, um, what was your name again? Firesomething? How about you look for someone named Zimandi Kaddren? I don't know who that is, but I saw his...or her...their, I guess...name in the book thing when I looked at it."


Venture Agent, Flaxseed Lodge (online)

Gbagbe easily finds Maiveer Sloan. The Chelaxian man moves with an easy sense of power, and is walking around the room shaking hands with people. He is followes by 6 men who are obviously some combination of bodyguards and attendants.

Hamith is finally able to find someone who points out to him an uncomely woman moving slowly through the crowd. She has with large teeth and a shrewlike nose, and is dressed unbecomingly in the drab clothing of a stevedore. Slight in stature with a slightly stooped posture, she behaves in a mostly standoffish manner. Slipping to the edge of the crowd, she nervously waits for the key. Spotting the artifact, she make a few quick
notes then slips off.

Sangkip easily finds Dr. Landis, who he remembers from the museum. He stands near the front of the gathering, vying for a look at the key.
He is a balding, weathered old man wearing heavy robes stitched with runes. Despite his age, his face beams with a boyish grin as he gazes at the curious artifact.

Oloch finds two women who he knows to be called the 'Duchesses.' They are dressing in Varisian travelling cloaks, and walk around arm in arm, whispering to each other, calling each other Duchess.

Robbyn continues to be unable to find who he is looking for.

Just to make sure you guys understand, there are benefits both to locating more people and to conversing with the ones you have found.

Grand Lodge

Appearance M Grippli Amnesiac Psychedelic Psychic 3 | HP 20 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 15 | (w/o mage armor: 13 | 13 | 11) | CMD 11 | Fort +4 | Ref +4 | Will +6 | Init +2 | Perc +7

There he is! There’s…um…the guy…Apple…no, Aspis…Sloan! That’s it, Sloan. Gbagbe hops nimbly through the crowd, even following Sangkip’s example and climbing a guest or two to be sure he keeps sight of Sloan. When he’s close enough, he calls out, ”Mister Sloan, Mister Sloan! Hello” Hopping up onto a table to be not quite so far below the man’s eye level, he continues, ”Hi! I’ve heard of you, and you sure look important with all these guys with you!” There is another uncomfortably long pause as Gbagbe roots around in the jumbled mess of his memory for what he was planning to say, and the Chelish man nearly gives up and turns away, but the grippli raises a finger, takes a breath and, though he doesn’t remember what he was going to say, just begins to talk, ”You’re with the Apple, no Aspis Consortium! What will the Consortium do with the key? What sort of secrets do you think it might hold? It’s big for a key, isn’t it?”

He looks expectantly at the man for an answer, silently berating himself, Gbagbe, you had definitely not planned to say ‘It’s big.’ Very smooth.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

I sure hope I don't need those natural 20's later...

Dark Archive

female Ifrit Sorcerer (Tattood) 2
Spoiler:
AC 13/T13/FF10 HP 1/14 F+2 R+3 W+3 Init +10 Perception+1

Looking at the froglike creature Feuerseele shrugs and repeats her name.
"My name is Feuerseele! Don´t forget it. But alas let me find her."
Diplo to find Zimandi Kaddren: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20

Dark Archive

Male Vanara Unchained Rogue 3| HP 24/24 | AC 20, T 16, FF 15 | F +2, R +8, W +3 | Init +5 | Perc +8 |

Hiya doc! Nope, down here. That's it. I'm Sangkip, artifact hunter. I'm normally a lot more on the acquisitions end of a find like this, so I was curious what you thought. Where'd this one get turned up anyways?


***OVERSEER POST***

The cathedral’s sexton calls everyone’s attention “The pre-auction gala has ended; all must leave the cathedral immediately. Thank you for attending and we’ll see many of you back here for the auction.”

You return to the Heidmarch Mansion. The theater is filled with your fellow Pathfinders, all buzzing with excitement. Sheila Heidmarch, raises her hands and quiets the room before speaking. “Well my colleagues, I trust you were successful this evening? Anyone have information to share? Let’s see some hands.”

A dwarf clad in full plate with a great hammer on his back calls out ”Aye, we met Rinks, a halfling who said he was acting on behalf of one of his clients. We found out that he has spent the last few months here in Magnimar betting on the bullfights at the Matador’s Lodge. He was not as lucky as most of his kind and has run up a sizable debt with the lodge’s owner, Master Basaale Minvandu. The halfling is staying in the Old Fang Inn”

A couple of humans push a grippli forward ”Quon here also has to report something” they say. The grippli turns a brighter shade of green and then softly starts speaking ”I am afraid we made a bit of a mess at the gala. That Chelaxian woman, Zimandi Kaddren, found out that we are with the Pathfinder Society and she immediately stormed off in anger, saying that she would take every effort to outbid the Society at the auction.” The grippli seems to have found his voice as he continues ”We asked around and we discovered that her parents vanished during an expedition to a mysterious fortress known as Viperwall in central Varisia. I think that she blames the disappearance of her parents upon the Pathfinder Society.”

A famous halfling jumps on a table ”I am Lem and I can report that the curator of the Museum of Ages is also interested in the artifact! Doctor Landis has secured a donation for the key. He thinks it is an item of great historical significance, and that it was created by Emperor Xin to unlock a temple of seven paradises. I would have expected that Nigel Aldain of the Blakros museum would also be present, but I did not see him. That is all for me!”

A human woman calls out, the symbol of Iomedae obvious on the buckler that she has strapped to her left arm. On the same hip she has an Aldori duelling sword. ”I talked to two women dressed in travellers’ outfits. Both had with thick Varisian accents. They introduced themselves as ‘the Duchesses’ and said they live in Ordellia where they work as caravan guards. Beyond that, they had little to say.”

A servant rushes in and hands Sheila Heidmarch a note ”Give me a moment, this is probably important, otherwise Jacob here would not have disturbed us”. She reads the note and briefly ponders it for a moment.

“Well, my friends, it seems Desna smiles upon us. My sources have just informed me that the Aspis Consortium has fewer funds than we first imagined. Thus, they have sent word to an ally in Korvosa to ship them more gold. Fortunately, I still have a few spies in Korvosa. A few days ago, the Consortium hired a Varisian caravan to carry a sizable shipment of gold to Magnimar, presumably to help them secure the Runecarved Key’s purchase.”

“The caravan was traveling along the Yondabakari River and should be nearing the outskirts of the city in a few hours. I need you to ride out to the caravan before it gets within sight of the city walls and ensure that gold never reaches the Aspis Consortium at Bronze House. Take whatever gold you can, but try not to draw attention to yourselves as Pathfinders. It’s bandit territory out there anyway, so caravan raids aren’t uncommon. That said, rest assured the caravan will be armed. As soon as you’re finished, hurry back here. We don’t want Maiveer Sloan to catch on to our plot. I’ll send a white raven to signal you to return before the situation becomes too risky.”

Table GMs, you should start encounter 2.

Scarab Sages

Male N Sylph Witch (patron familiar) 3 / Archmage 3 | HP: 26/26 17/17 | AC: 16 12 (12 Tch, 14 10 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 (10 Fl) | F: +3, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +11 +8 | Perc: +9, SM +3 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: mage armor

Robyyn listens with interest, glad that some of the Pathfinders had an opportunity to gather the necessary intelligence, because he'd been ineffective.

He perks up at the caravan raid, though. "This should be interesting... and more my speed. Let's go loot some Aspis gold!"


Venture Agent, Flaxseed Lodge (online)

team status:

gathered all competitor names from ledger
located Malveer Sloan, Zimandi Keddren, Dr. Landis, Duchesses, and Kresch Vaor

Just as the gala is ending, someone points out a handsome Chelaxian woman to Feuerseele.

After the meeting, you travel out into the forest.

Several miles outside of the city walls, a side trail branches
off and away from the Yondabakari and winds south into
a forest of ancient evergreens. Off to the side of the path,
nestled into a deep pocket of spruces, sleeps a small Varisian
caravan, only two wagons strong.

Perception:

Feuerseele: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Sangkip: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Oloch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Robyyn: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Hamith: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Gbagbe: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Sangkip, Robyyn, and Olock notice the Aspis symbol discretely printed on a wagon wheel.

There are two wagon drivers and three caravan guard sleeping around a campfire. Oloch notices sounds indicating someone moving around on the far side of the encampment. YOu don't think anyone has noticed you yet.

I will have the map set up and linked in the campaign header in just a moment. You may all act in the surprise round, after which I will roll initiative.

1 to 50 of 457 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Redelia's Race for the Runecarved Key All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.