Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Rannik's Crypt of the Everflame

Game Master Patrick Levasseur

Maps
Loot


1,351 to 1,400 of 1,597 << first < prev | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | next > last >>

Kyras:
No traps... at least you think there is no traps... Evil GM grin...


Male Half Elf Investigator (Empiricist) 2 | HP 15/18 | AC: 16 T: 11 FF: 15 | CMB: +4 CMD: 15 | Fort: +2 Ref: +4 Will: +3, +2 vs enchantments and immune to sleep | Init: +21 Perc: +11

OK. Does the door open?


You test the door and you can open it easily one inch. Do you open it more? Do remember, when the door in front of you made a noise thaat could mean it unlocked. The door behind you made a similar noise.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 2 | HP 17/20 | AC: 20 T: 13 FF: 15 | CMB: +4 CMD: 17 | Fort: +5 Ref: +2 Will: +6 | Init: +2 Perc: +5 | fervor: 3/4

Kakrish, standing mostly behind everyone else, steps up on his tiptoes trying to get a look at the door. "What's happening? Why are we waiting?"


CG Male Hobgoblin Geokineticist 2 | Common, Goblin | HP 12/20 | AC:18 T:15 F:13 | CMB+1, CMD 16 | F+8, R+9, W+1 | Init+7 | Perc+5, DarkV 60 ft | Speed 30ft | Burn 0/7 | DR 1/adam (DR 1/-- 1rnd if 1 burn spent) | Active conditions: None...

Kyzen putting is hand on Kakrish shoulder...

"Don't worry, I trust Kyras not to do anything stupid like staying alone to long... We will know soon..."

"I hope"... Finishing is sentence in his head


Male Half Elf Investigator (Empiricist) 2 | HP 15/18 | AC: 16 T: 11 FF: 15 | CMB: +4 CMD: 15 | Fort: +2 Ref: +4 Will: +3, +2 vs enchantments and immune to sleep | Init: +21 Perc: +11

Thinking he has this double door thing figured out he tries to go back the way he came to gather his friends. If that door is now locked he will try to unlock it.


M Half Orc Bloodrager 2 / Init +3; Perc +5 / AC 16, 11, 14 / hp 23/25 / F+6, R+2, W+2

Hoga hangs on, confused as usual.


Female NG Human Inquisitor (Monster Tactician) 2 | HP: 21/21 | AC: 14 (12 Tch, 12 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 13 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +8 | Init: +7 | Peception +10, Low Light Vision, Darkvision 10 ft | Speed 30ft | Summon Monster 6/8 | Blessed Surgery 5/8 | Spells: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

Tamora's head shifts when she hears the movement of a door leads to the movement of the one behind her. She steadies a hand to the door behind her.

"We might entomb ourselves or be barred from our previous entry if we don't do anything about the door from which we came from. Kyras, you do realize you can ask for our strength should your skills fail and you wish to push the other door open. Just give the word."

If Kyras asks for help and pushes the other door in front of us...

Tamora ask the others to help her force the door behind her wide open or render its mechanism useless.

STR check: 1d20 ⇒ 16


M Half Orc Bloodrager 2 / Init +3; Perc +5 / AC 16, 11, 14 / hp 23/25 / F+6, R+2, W+2

Hoga helps, too.

str: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female NG Human Inquisitor (Monster Tactician) 2 | HP: 21/21 | AC: 14 (12 Tch, 12 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 13 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +8 | Init: +7 | Peception +10, Low Light Vision, Darkvision 10 ft | Speed 30ft | Summon Monster 6/8 | Blessed Surgery 5/8 | Spells: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

Nice roll! Dat nat 20 tho. :O


Male Half Elf Investigator (Empiricist) 2 | HP 15/18 | AC: 16 T: 11 FF: 15 | CMB: +4 CMD: 15 | Fort: +2 Ref: +4 Will: +3, +2 vs enchantments and immune to sleep | Init: +21 Perc: +11

When the door back to his friends fails to open he plies his tools to try to open it.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28


Kyras gets to work on the lock once more. It is a bit easier from this side and he manages to unlock the door. At the same moment, Hoga and Tamora try to get the open by the use of strength. When the lock gives way, the door slams open and Kyras as barely the time needed to move aside. For a second, everyone just looks at each other in the confusion of the moment. Then you all notice that the door's hinge also broke, rendering it now impossible to be reclosed. Checking the other door, it is still unlocked. The Raven chuckle and the situation. "Well, that's one way to get a door to open!"


CG Male Hobgoblin Geokineticist 2 | Common, Goblin | HP 12/20 | AC:18 T:15 F:13 | CMB+1, CMD 16 | F+8, R+9, W+1 | Init+7 | Perc+5, DarkV 60 ft | Speed 30ft | Burn 0/7 | DR 1/adam (DR 1/-- 1rnd if 1 burn spent) | Active conditions: None...

Kyzen, going toward the other room, passing by Tamora, Kakrish and Hoga. Proposing to enter the room in the same maner as before: Hoga/Kyzen (front), Tamora/Kyras, Kakrish (back)

"Shall we..."

Stopping beside Kyras and looking at the Raven with a deep look... The kind of look that can tell that if he his in fact a friend we will be there for him, but also the kind of look that tells him that if he double cross us, he's in deep trouble...

"Anything for a Friend in need..."

Do we know the Raven's name?


Male Half Elf Investigator (Empiricist) 2 | HP 15/18 | AC: 16 T: 11 FF: 15 | CMB: +4 CMD: 15 | Fort: +2 Ref: +4 Will: +3, +2 vs enchantments and immune to sleep | Init: +21 Perc: +11

Kyras knows his true name but has promised not to willingly reveal it. And he has not yet offered another name to use. We will have to see how our relationship grows. If he offers to trade information for my blood again I am likely to do something brash and then we might not need a name for him any more. :)

It seems our new friend is full of useful information. I give you thanks small one for eventually coming up with the needed password. he says, addressing the second sentence to the raven. Perhaps you can also share with us a name you would prefer to be called by myself and my friends?

Kyras, pole arm in hand takes his position in the party order and indicates he is ready to advance.


"Why don't we go with the form I am using now. Raven, that will do for now. As for my cooperation, if I get something valuable out of this, then you shall have it."

The group moves into the next room. A single iron lever protrudes from the wall next to the door in this otherwise empty chamber’s west wall. To the east, a ten-foot-wide hallway curves to the north. In the hallway stand an impressive four-armed metal construct. Behind him, you can see a metallic key that just floats there. The construct is in bad shape, but it seems like someone did some tinkering on it. As you start moving about in the room, the thing comes to like. You hear a weird voice, almost like barking coming from it.

Draconic:
"Intruder... Intruder... Please present... Intruder... Passage... Crest... Terminate!"

"Ok... This is new!" You can hear the surprise in the Raven's voice.

The construct starts moving toward you.


Male Half Elf Investigator (Empiricist) 2 | HP 15/18 | AC: 16 T: 11 FF: 15 | CMB: +4 CMD: 15 | Fort: +2 Ref: +4 Will: +3, +2 vs enchantments and immune to sleep | Init: +21 Perc: +11

By Kobold, do you perhaps mean Draconic? I believe that is what they speak. If so Kyras if fluent.


What do you mean Kobold? It is clearly written Draconic there... Yep, yep, I didn't edit that, nope... Don't you try! ;)


M Half Orc Bloodrager 2 / Init +3; Perc +5 / AC 16, 11, 14 / hp 23/25 / F+6, R+2, W+2

lol


Male Half Elf Investigator (Empiricist) 2 | HP 15/18 | AC: 16 T: 11 FF: 15 | CMB: +4 CMD: 15 | Fort: +2 Ref: +4 Will: +3, +2 vs enchantments and immune to sleep | Init: +21 Perc: +11

Its asking for us to present some crest or something. Quick hold up that brass plaque, but be ready to fight.


CG Male Hobgoblin Geokineticist 2 | Common, Goblin | HP 12/20 | AC:18 T:15 F:13 | CMB+1, CMD 16 | F+8, R+9, W+1 | Init+7 | Perc+5, DarkV 60 ft | Speed 30ft | Burn 0/7 | DR 1/adam (DR 1/-- 1rnd if 1 burn spent) | Active conditions: None...

Kyzen stands ready to fight...


Male Dwarf Warpriest 2 | HP 17/20 | AC: 20 T: 13 FF: 15 | CMB: +4 CMD: 17 | Fort: +5 Ref: +2 Will: +6 | Init: +2 Perc: +5 | fervor: 3/4

"I don't trust these moving machines. Hoga, try showing it the plaque but I don't think it's going to work." Kakrish pulls his greatsword to the ready and prepares to defend or attack.


Female NG Human Inquisitor (Monster Tactician) 2 | HP: 21/21 | AC: 14 (12 Tch, 12 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 13 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +8 | Init: +7 | Peception +10, Low Light Vision, Darkvision 10 ft | Speed 30ft | Summon Monster 6/8 | Blessed Surgery 5/8 | Spells: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

Tamora readies to shoot her crossbow in defense but she smiles.

"It is at least a talking and livelier one unlike the more mechanical golem we fought back at the crypt. It is worth a try."


I'll wait bit more for Hoga. If he doesn't post before the end of the afternoon for me, I'll move the story along.


M Half Orc Bloodrager 2 / Init +3; Perc +5 / AC 16, 11, 14 / hp 23/25 / F+6, R+2, W+2

Hoga presents the plaque boldly, but he doesn't expect it to work. Watch out, guys. Warriors to the front!


The construct moves closer to Hoga. It looks at the plaque for what seems like an eternity. Then it speaks again.

Draconic:
"Intruder... Crest recognized... Terminate... Intruders... Granted... Access..."

It then turns to Kakrish, inspecting him from head to toe.

Draconic:
"Crest... Missing... Intruder... Terminate!"

It raises its arms, taking a step toward the dwarf.


Male Half Elf Investigator (Empiricist) 2 | HP 15/18 | AC: 16 T: 11 FF: 15 | CMB: +4 CMD: 15 | Fort: +2 Ref: +4 Will: +3, +2 vs enchantments and immune to sleep | Init: +21 Perc: +11

The crest works, but I think it expects each of us to have one! Kyras says in dismay. Try passing it around.[/b[ In Draconic he tries speaking to the construct [b]We are all together.


M Half Orc Bloodrager 2 / Init +3; Perc +5 / AC 16, 11, 14 / hp 23/25 / F+6, R+2, W+2

Hoga passes the crest to Kakrish.

Let's see what it does now, he he says, readying his axe.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Dwarf Warpriest 2 | HP 17/20 | AC: 20 T: 13 FF: 15 | CMB: +4 CMD: 17 | Fort: +5 Ref: +2 Will: +6 | Init: +2 Perc: +5 | fervor: 3/4

Kakrish grabs the plaque from Hoga and raises it in front of him so that the approaching construct can read it. After a second or two Kakrish realizes that he is holding it backwards. The words are facing him! He quickly turns it around so that the words are facing the construct.


Female NG Human Inquisitor (Monster Tactician) 2 | HP: 21/21 | AC: 14 (12 Tch, 12 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 13 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +8 | Init: +7 | Peception +10, Low Light Vision, Darkvision 10 ft | Speed 30ft | Summon Monster 6/8 | Blessed Surgery 5/8 | Spells: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

When it is her turn, Tamora takes the plague from whoever held it previously and show it to the construct when she is the target of its inspection.


M Half Orc Bloodrager 2 / Init +3; Perc +5 / AC 16, 11, 14 / hp 23/25 / F+6, R+2, W+2

.


Female NG Human Inquisitor (Monster Tactician) 2 | HP: 21/21 | AC: 14 (12 Tch, 12 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 13 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +8 | Init: +7 | Peception +10, Low Light Vision, Darkvision 10 ft | Speed 30ft | Summon Monster 6/8 | Blessed Surgery 5/8 | Spells: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

I think we are waiting for DM assuming we are passing around the plague for identification.


M Half Orc Bloodrager 2 / Init +3; Perc +5 / AC 16, 11, 14 / hp 23/25 / F+6, R+2, W+2

It just fell so low on the page, I thought I'd bring it back up!
lol


Ok... didn't notice that my post this morning didn't go through. Let's try this again.

Kakrish presents the plaque at the construct. Waiting for it to react. The construct lower its arms and step aside to let the dwarf pass. As it does, it sees Hoga again, without the plaque and rises back up its arms, taking an aggressive posture challenging the half-Orc.

This is meant to be a puzzle. You got the first part down. But only the one holding the plaque will be able to pass. So you need to figure the rest of the puzzle. Or you can always use violence... Violence often solves problems in RPGs. ;)


M Half Orc Bloodrager 2 / Init +3; Perc +5 / AC 16, 11, 14 / hp 23/25 / F+6, R+2, W+2

the old fox, chicken, sack of grain thing...lol

Give it to Kyras and see what he can do once he bypasses the thing. We can just keep it occupied in here.

Hoga moves back a square, trying to keep the construct's attention.


Kyras is travelling right now and won't have internet until the 25th. The solution doesn't require any skill set, just the use of logic.


M Half Orc Bloodrager 2 / Init +3; Perc +5 / AC 16, 11, 14 / hp 23/25 / F+6, R+2, W+2

I see. Then Kakrish can just go deal with the key and the lever. We should probably destroy the construct, too, so it doesn't hurt anyone else. I do love whacking things. Thoughts?


The lever is on your side of the room. The key is on the other, behind the construct.


Female NG Human Inquisitor (Monster Tactician) 2 | HP: 21/21 | AC: 14 (12 Tch, 12 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 13 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +8 | Init: +7 | Peception +10, Low Light Vision, Darkvision 10 ft | Speed 30ft | Summon Monster 6/8 | Blessed Surgery 5/8 | Spells: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

Tamora moves back and crosses her arms.

"We could all try and hold the plague together to see if it let all of us pass. But if one person is enough to grab the key or scan us person by person, one person should go."


Male Dwarf Warpriest 2 | HP 17/20 | AC: 20 T: 13 FF: 15 | CMB: +4 CMD: 17 | Fort: +5 Ref: +2 Will: +6 | Init: +2 Perc: +5 | fervor: 3/4

Kakrish notices that while he's holding the plaque, the construct leaves him alone. "Ok. So why don't I just take this thing and go past the construct. I'll get the key then come back. Sound good? Or we can try Tamora's idea."


CG Male Hobgoblin Geokineticist 2 | Common, Goblin | HP 12/20 | AC:18 T:15 F:13 | CMB+1, CMD 16 | F+8, R+9, W+1 | Init+7 | Perc+5, DarkV 60 ft | Speed 30ft | Burn 0/7 | DR 1/adam (DR 1/-- 1rnd if 1 burn spent) | Active conditions: None...

Kyzen getting besides Kakrish put his left hand on the plaque...

"Lets each of us put our hand on the Plaque and see what appends, if it doesn't work, someone could try to grab the key... Else we destroy it..."­


CG Male Hobgoblin Geokineticist 2 | Common, Goblin | HP 12/20 | AC:18 T:15 F:13 | CMB+1, CMD 16 | F+8, R+9, W+1 | Init+7 | Perc+5, DarkV 60 ft | Speed 30ft | Burn 0/7 | DR 1/adam (DR 1/-- 1rnd if 1 burn spent) | Active conditions: None...

I'll bot Kyras...

Kyras agrees with Kyzen's plan and put is hand on the plaque.


M Half Orc Bloodrager 2 / Init +3; Perc +5 / AC 16, 11, 14 / hp 23/25 / F+6, R+2, W+2

Hey, it's worth a shot! lol!

Go ahead, guys! Hoga continues to hang back, hoping to draw the creature's attention away from his friends.


Sorry for the delays guys, I'm having a crazy week.

The group joins together and each place a hand on the plaque, waiting for the construct to react. He seems to sense the change and rescan the group.

Draconic:
"Error... To many users... Terminate intruders..."

His speech seems to be getting more coherant and his actions are getting more aggressive. What ever conflict in his instruction that he had earlier, he seems to be working them out.


M Half Orc Bloodrager 2 / Init +3; Perc +5 / AC 16, 11, 14 / hp 23/25 / F+6, R+2, W+2

No worries. RL is like that.

Hoga, of course, doesn't understand a word, but he stands ready to defend his friends, if it comes to that. He holds his axe like a bludgeon, ready to take a mighty swing if it attacks.


Female NG Human Inquisitor (Monster Tactician) 2 | HP: 21/21 | AC: 14 (12 Tch, 12 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 13 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +8 | Init: +7 | Peception +10, Low Light Vision, Darkvision 10 ft | Speed 30ft | Summon Monster 6/8 | Blessed Surgery 5/8 | Spells: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

"Did we confused it? It is more irrational than before."

Tamora removes her hand, stands behind Hoga, her spear out ready to strike the creature if it comes in range with ill intention.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 2 | HP 17/20 | AC: 20 T: 13 FF: 15 | CMB: +4 CMD: 17 | Fort: +5 Ref: +2 Will: +6 | Init: +2 Perc: +5 | fervor: 3/4

"I'm not sure. Let's try moving past it now."

Kakrish takes steps to try to move around the construct while keeping the shield in front of him and the group.

You guys want to try to move around it now?


M Half Orc Bloodrager 2 / Init +3; Perc +5 / AC 16, 11, 14 / hp 23/25 / F+6, R+2, W+2

Hoga moves at an angle to the left, readying a flank, should the group move around the the right.


Ok, should be back to my regular schedule now. Let's get this going strong again!

Tamora and Hoga move to one side of the construct as the rest try to pass on the other. The construct takes a step back and try to block both groups at the same. While it does manage to block a good part of the room with its four arms, the room is just too big to block all of it. One of the two groups could manage to pass if the other try to get the construct to focus more on them.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 2 | HP 17/20 | AC: 20 T: 13 FF: 15 | CMB: +4 CMD: 17 | Fort: +5 Ref: +2 Will: +6 | Init: +2 Perc: +5 | fervor: 3/4

Kakrish notices that the construct is confused about which party to attack and he realizes that if he draws the attention, the others might be able to get past. "Hey! You ugly thing. Why don't you come see what I have to show you?" He bangs on the plaque with the hilt of his sword.

Kyzen and Kyras are on this side with Kakrish, right?


CG Male Hobgoblin Geokineticist 2 | Common, Goblin | HP 12/20 | AC:18 T:15 F:13 | CMB+1, CMD 16 | F+8, R+9, W+1 | Init+7 | Perc+5, DarkV 60 ft | Speed 30ft | Burn 0/7 | DR 1/adam (DR 1/-- 1rnd if 1 burn spent) | Active conditions: None...

From previous posts, I placed us on the map regarding to the construct and the two groups so we could act accordingly... Please DM confirm... Thx!

1,351 to 1,400 of 1,597 << first < prev | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rannik's Crypt of the Everflame All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.