Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Raise of the Runelords (Inactive)

Game Master mathpro18


101 to 137 of 137 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>

M Human Fighter 1

Jerome joins the others as they eat, quite pleased at the taste of Ameiko's dishes as he samples the ale. Very noce. Quite a treat after a long travel.


Excellent now we can continue on with one of the most famous encounters from this adventure path!

Finally, as the sun begins to set, everyone is gathered around the central podium. As the crowd grows ever larger and the last few stragglers make it to the group father Zantus takes the central podium. He uses a thunderstone to attract everyone's attention, and clears his throat as he prepares to recite the Prayer of First Dreaming. A sharp retort to the thunderstone, like the crack of distant thunder, slices through the excited crowd as the sun's setting rays paint the western sky. A stray dog that has crawled under a nearby wagon to sleep starts awake, and the buzz of two dozen conversations quickly hushes as all heads turn toward the central podium, where a beaming Father Zantus has taken the stage. He clears his throat, takes a breath to speak, and suddenly a woman's scream slices through the air. A few moments later, another scream raises, then another. Beyond them, a sudden surge of strange new voices rises. High-pitched, tittering shrieks that sound not quite human fill the air. The crowd parts and something low to the ground races by, giggling with disturbing glee as stray dog gives a pained yelp and then collapses with a gurgle, its throat cut open from ear to ear. As blood pools around its head, the raucous sound of a strange song begins, chanted from shrill, scratchy voices.

Everyone please roll me initiatives and then please roll me perception checks

Perception check DC 12:

The shape that raced by and killed the dog now hides at the wagon's edge-a single goblin, licking the blood from its dogslicer as it looks excitedly at the crowd, seeking out a new target.

------
The song that the goblins are singing can be found here...sorry for very poor sound quality.


M Human Fighter 1

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 10

Jerome bolts up, grabbing at his sword at the cahos that is beginning to happen.


Status:
HP 12 | AC 14 | T 11 | FF 13 | CMD 16 | F +4 | R +1 | W +2 | Init +1 | Per +0

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 5

Can't hear a thing today!

Xogar draws his longsword and readies his shield and starts looking for this menace.

Sczarni

current map Human Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist, Drunken Brute) 4 / Fighter (unarmed) 4
Spoiler:
AC16 | T 14 | FF 13 | HP 49 / 49 | F+10 | R+6 | W+6 | Init +2 | perc + 9

initiative 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Damn, here in town? Noro stands puts her and on Jerome's shoulder. looksh like we have shome uninvited guestsh. her muscles tense up as she gets ready to smash some goblin heads.


Female Human (Varisian) Rogue / 1

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

What the hell? A goblin, here? Zella draw her bow and prepares to shoot.


M Human Fighter 1

Jerome looks in the direction Noro indicates and nods.


Female Human(Taldan) Cleric/1 of Shelyn HP 8/8 | AC 12 Tch 12 FF 10 | F +3, R +3, W +7 | Init +2 | Perc +4,


Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Surprise round wrap up.

As some of you are about to rush forward to engage the goblin two more show up at your flank. The crowd scatters and chaos ensues as the goblins start making there way towards some of the townsfolk. One of the goblins climbs up on a table and raises his dogslicer high over his head ready to draw it down on a poor young woman but Zelladania thinks fast and lets loose an arrow that pierces right through the creatures throat. Blood spirts out of the creature as he first falls to his knees and then off the table. The woman screams in horror and faints but she is safe. Another goblin starts making its way towards the crowd. It tries to draw its dogslicer but drops it. The third goblin draws his dogslicer and starts advancing on Zelladania, saying something in a strange tongue.

Goblin language:

"You killed friend, now I kill you"

init:

Goblin
Zelladania
Goblin
Viviana
Xogar
Noro
Jerome
Goblin

Attacks of opportunity by party members:

Attacks on party:

Party Saves:

Creature Saves:

Party Damage:

Party Skill Checks:

Enemy Skill Checks:

DM EYES ONLY KEEP OUT:

Jerome Init:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Goblin Init:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 71d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 251d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
G1:
G2:
G3:

As you can see I hand wave rules sometimes for cinematic affect...hope you don't mind.

Can I please get you to post 2 possible actions for your next turn. You do not need to post them in any particular order.


Female Human (Varisian) Rogue / 1

attack with bow 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
confirm 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
damage 1d6 ⇒ 4

Zella will aim and fire at the goblin advancing upon her. If someone manages to drop him before he gets to her she shoots at the nearest other goblin. If he stays up but gets too close, Zella will back up as necessary before firing upon him.

What is going on here? Doesn't seem normal for cowardly, rotten little gobs to be attacking such a large festival?"


M Human Fighter 1

Jerome will draw his sword and interpose himself between the goblin and Zelladania, striking when it gets into range.

Greatsword: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 162d6 + 3 ⇒ (6, 3) + 3 = 12

Jerome will hold steady and attack any advancing goblin as his actions.


Female Human(Taldan) Cleric/1 of Shelyn HP 8/8 | AC 12 Tch 12 FF 10 | F +3, R +3, W +7 | Init +2 | Perc +4,

Viviana is wearing only her cleric's vestments , her AC is just 12

Viviana will move through the crowd towards the nearest goblin ,and jab at him if possible.

attack with glaive 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
damage 1d10 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2

If not she will look around to see if someone is hurt.
In case something attacks her she will use her adoration power (DC 15)


Status:
HP 12 | AC 14 | T 11 | FF 13 | CMD 16 | F +4 | R +1 | W +2 | Init +1 | Per +0

Xogar will keep close to anyone who looks like they are being attacked or would not withstand an attack.

"Fiend! There will be no quarter given. Die!"

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

None for me today.

Sczarni

current map Human Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist, Drunken Brute) 4 / Fighter (unarmed) 4
Spoiler:
AC16 | T 14 | FF 13 | HP 49 / 49 | F+10 | R+6 | W+6 | Init +2 | perc + 9

sorry for the delay -- no excuses

"Never knew you could shoot" Noro comments to Zella

seeing Jerome take a position to protect Zella, Noro will make her way to the goblin hiding at the wagon.

I shee you; you little creep she slips on her brass knuckles as she move toward him.

Attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Damage 1d3 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Sczarni

current map Human Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist, Drunken Brute) 4 / Fighter (unarmed) 4
Spoiler:
AC16 | T 14 | FF 13 | HP 49 / 49 | F+10 | R+6 | W+6 | Init +2 | perc + 9

forgot my second action.

in cast the goblin at the wagon is already dealt with

Noro takes a position with Jerome to protct the archer Zella so she can attack with her bow. keeping an eye out for additional goblin attackers.


I do apologize I forgot my flash drive today so I won't be able to update the combat until Monday as I probably won't have time to get online until then...my apologizes.

Sczarni

current map Human Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist, Drunken Brute) 4 / Fighter (unarmed) 4
Spoiler:
AC16 | T 14 | FF 13 | HP 49 / 49 | F+10 | R+6 | W+6 | Init +2 | perc + 9

weekends are usually slow posting anyway


Round 1 wrap up.

Zella will aim and fire at the goblin advancing upon her. The arrow shots true and hits the goblin in the shoulder. The creature lets out a howl but continues to come at the young archer. Before Jerome can get there to intervene he draws his dogslicer and tries to strike at the young beautiful archer. The wicked blade connects with her leg and she takes 2 points of damage. Viviana you jab at one of the goblins but your strike misses. Xogar you strike at the goblin that Viviana tries to attack and miss. Noro you head towards Zelladania and try to strike at the goblin but your punch misses. Jerome you move to set up a flank with Zelladania and swing your greatsword at the goblin that attacked her. It explodes in a pool of blood as your sword cleaves it in two. Such a mighty show of strength for someone who just hours before hurt himself. The goblin that Xogar and Viviana tried attacking will try to go after the large half orc with its dogslicer but it misses wildly.

init:

Zelladania
Goblin
Viviana
Xogar
Noro
Jerome
Goblin

Attacks of opportunity by party members:

Attacks on party:

Dogslicer attack on Zelladania:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 191d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Dogslicer attack on Xogar:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 141d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Party Saves:

Creature Saves:

Party Damage:

Zellandia:2 points

Party Skill Checks:

Enemy Skill Checks:

DM EYES ONLY KEEP OUT:

G1:0/6
G2:-10/6
G3:6/6

Not a bad round...oh the joys of level one lol. Post your next actions plese. Noro i changed your actions because your not at the wagon quite yet...thats the next battle scene.


M Human Fighter 1

Jerome will advance on the next goblin and attack.

greatsword: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 192d6 + 2 ⇒ (3, 2) + 2 = 7


Female Human (Varisian) Rogue / 1

Zella give a small cry of pain as the goblin's weapon cuts into her thigh. Worried about how to fend off the goblin at close range, she is relieved to see both Noro and Jerome come to her aid. With a nod of thanks to both, Zella looks about for a new target.

Spotting a goblin attacking a half-orc, Zella grimaces as she takes a step towards them and them fires her bow.

5ft step and fire
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
damage 1d6 ⇒ 1


Female Human(Taldan) Cleric/1 of Shelyn HP 8/8 | AC 12 Tch 12 FF 10 | F +3, R +3, W +7 | Init +2 | Perc +4,

Seeing that the creature's attention is occupied,Viviana tries to move behind him and strikes again.

Move to flank if possible

attack1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
damage1d10 ⇒ 2

But gets entangled in her dress and almost falls.

Sczarni

current map Human Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist, Drunken Brute) 4 / Fighter (unarmed) 4
Spoiler:
AC16 | T 14 | FF 13 | HP 49 / 49 | F+10 | R+6 | W+6 | Init +2 | perc + 9

The goblin on Nor has pissed Noro off Hold shtill ya little... as she manuvers for a roundhouse kick on the goblin

Attack (unarmed strike) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
damage 1d3 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


M Human Fighter 1

Jerome kills all the goblins and buys Noro a drink!


Just waiting for xogar to post his second round actions and then I will wrap things up.


Status:
HP 12 | AC 14 | T 11 | FF 13 | CMD 16 | F +4 | R +1 | W +2 | Init +1 | Per +0

Xogar swings again.

"Hold still!" Xogar yells.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


Round 2 wrap up

Zella give a small cry of pain as the goblin's weapon cuts into her thigh. Worried about how to fend off the goblin at close range, she is relieved to see both Noro and Jerome come to her aid. With a nod of thanks to both, Zella looks about for a new target. Spotting a goblin attacking a half-orc, Zella grimaces as she takes a step towards them and them fires her bow. The arrow sticks squarely in the goblins shoulder but it seems unphased by it. Seeing that the creature's attention is occupied,Viviana tries to move behind him and strikes again but she gets tangled in her dress and almost falls. Xogar swings again well yelling "Hold still!". His mighty sword slices into the creature and it drops.

You hear the screams of more terror filled citizens of sandpoint as more goblins flood into the city. You take a second to gather your wits about you but that minor pause proves costly as a loud explosion is heard from up the street from where you are. As you rush to see what happened you see 3 more goblins wielding torches and another goblin standing behind them singing. The ones holding torches rush towards the party, evil intent glimmering in their eyes.

init:

Zelladania
Viviana
Xogar
Noro
Jerome
Goblin

Attacks of opportunity by party members:

Attacks on party:

Party Saves:

Creature Saves:

Party Damage:

Party Skill Checks:

Enemy Skill Checks:

DM EYES ONLY KEEP OUT:

G1:0/6
G2:-10/6
G3:-4/6

go ahead and post actions for the next round of combat on the new goblins


M Human Fighter 1

Jerome waits for a torch wielding goblin to get within range and strikes with his greatsword.

Greatsword: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 132d6 + 2 ⇒ (1, 1) + 2 = 4


Female Human (Varisian) Rogue / 1

attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
damage 1d6 ⇒ 3

Zelladania will fire an arrow at one of the torch wielding goblins rushing them.


Female Human(Taldan) Cleric/1 of Shelyn HP 8/8 | AC 12 Tch 12 FF 10 | F +3, R +3, W +7 | Init +2 | Perc +4,

Viviana waits, ready to hit the first goblin that comes within range

attack1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
damage1d10 ⇒ 1

In case something attacks her she will use her adoration power (DC 15)

Sczarni

current map Human Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist, Drunken Brute) 4 / Fighter (unarmed) 4
Spoiler:
AC16 | T 14 | FF 13 | HP 49 / 49 | F+10 | R+6 | W+6 | Init +2 | perc + 9

looksh like your not such a bad warrior after all Noro comments to Jerome after the turnaround from the weight lifting competition.[/b]

but the converation is cut short with the newest batch of goblins entering the fray.

after a quick scan of her comapnions Jerome, protect the archers, I'm going after that one in the back, he might be a leader

Noro moves toward the drummer rage building up inside.

if within a charge range then Noro will charge the drummer and make a diving grapple attack to bring him to the ground. Grapple attempt: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17 diveing attack is really a cinimatic maneuver


Status:
HP 12 | AC 14 | T 11 | FF 13 | CMD 16 | F +4 | R +1 | W +2 | Init +1 | Per +0

"We are food? Eat this!" Xogar yells as he attacks the lead goblin.

Attack lead goblin: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


M Human Fighter 1

WAGHHHHHHHH!


Round 3 wrap up

Zelladania will fire an arrow at one of the torch wielding goblins rushing them. The arrow flies true and strikes the goblin right in the chest. The goblin that was struck with the arrow will rush up to Viviana and swing his torch at the young woman. He begins his swing but something interferes with it and he drops his torch and looks down at it rather confused. Viviana hits the goblin that is defenseless standing in front of her. Another goblin steps up and tries to attack Xogar with his torch, but his swing goes wide. Noro charges the singing goblin and makes a diving attempt to pin the goblin down.will charge the drummer and make a diving grapple attack to bring him to the ground. The goblin and Noro collide and for the moment Noro has the goblin pinned but he is continuing to sing. Jerome strikes the goblin standing in front of Xogar with his great sword. The sword catches the poor creature in the arm opening up a very large gash. The last torch weilding goblin moves in towards Noro and tries to burn him but misses with the torch. The Singing goblin will try to take control of the grapple but he is easily no match for the strong barbarian.

init:

Zelladania
Goblin 3
Viviana
Goblin 2
Noro
Jerome
Goblin 1
Goblin* 4
Xogar

Attacks of opportunity by party members:

Attacks on party:

Torch attack on viviana:1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 21d2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 = 4
Torch attack on Xogar:1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 41d2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 = 3
Torch attack on Noro:1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 101d2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 = 4
Grapple attempt against Noro:1d20 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 1

Party Saves:

Creature Saves:

Goblin will save:1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11

Party Damage:

Party Skill Checks:

Enemy Skill Checks:

DM EYES ONLY KEEP OUT:

Goblin init:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 211d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 201d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 161d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
G1:6/6
G2:2/6
G3:2/6
G4:9/9


M Human ( Varisian) Fighter 1

Jerome will stick with what he does best and whack anything vaguely resembling a goblin.

Greatsword: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 92d6 + 2 ⇒ (2, 2) + 2 = 6


Female Human (Varisian) Rogue / 1

attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Zelladania fires off an arrow into the choas going on around her and apparently fails to hit any goblins.

Sczarni

current map Human Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist, Drunken Brute) 4 / Fighter (unarmed) 4
Spoiler:
AC16 | T 14 | FF 13 | HP 49 / 49 | F+10 | R+6 | W+6 | Init +2 | perc + 9

Shut up you little bugger Noro yells at the goblin she is grappling getting madder by the second. As she tightens her grip on the goblin's throat and pounds him in the face.

enter rage and maintain grapple to inflict damage with her brass knuckles.

Grapple check: 1d20 + 9 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 9 + 5 = 30
damage if successful: 1d3 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

rage rounds used: 1/6


Status:
HP 12 | AC 14 | T 11 | FF 13 | CMD 16 | F +4 | R +1 | W +2 | Init +1 | Per +0

Xogar will attempt to finish off the nearest goblin.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

"Drat!"

101 to 137 of 137 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rise of the Runelords Chapter 1-Burnt offerings All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.