Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Raise of the Runelords (Inactive)

Game Master mathpro18


51 to 100 of 137 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>

Female Human Oracle 1

The husky pale eyes lit up, pleased, at the question. That was exactly what she had hoped for. Even if she didn't get as much from the brunette as she could hope, having the entire room see her perform would likely bring more to her table in the end. So she rolled her fingers and vanished the Marriage card that she'd pulled, sliding it back into the pack before noticing that Viviana had glanced behind her.

With a slight twist and a clink of bone Mazranna glanced over her shoulder to the armoured warrior who was watching them. A soft, amused laugh spilling from behind the veil and filling up her eyes. A bone mimiced hand lifting and wiggling her fingers at the watcher sweetly before turning back around with a wink for the young woman. Although the pale blonde didn't believe the stare had anything to do with her and everything to do with the attractive female opposite her.

"I'd be happy to demonstrate a reading for you, My Lady."She offered, beginning the complex appearing smooth shuffle of the cards while behind her a small commotion broke out. Like with her fetish's, Mazranna could turn her head and look without loosing the motion her hands were performing. A slight stirring in the pale blue suggesting she was not pleased with the high handed male, but the male's of the room where quick to rise to the bard's defense.

"There are good people still."She murmured softly, the eyes going distant while her hands continued shuffling. A soft smile hidden by her veil failing to reach the blue as she fell silent save for the gentle rustling of her cards. The blonde stayed that way while the brunette called for drinks. Humming the song off-key once more under her breath as she stared at a spot on the floor.


M Human Fighter 1

Jerome flushed some as the pale woman waved at him. Probably could notice my glare from a mile away. Her thought as he finished his meal.


M Human Fighter 1

Assuming the barmaid comes over with the offer to join the ladies

Jerome is a bit surprised at the offer and looks over to the pale woman and the dusky-skinned one. Well I guess it would be rude to turn them down. He says as he turns and walks over. Evening. Got your offer for a cup of wine as a nightcap, be rude to turn down such an offer so I'll join you if this chair is open.


Female Elf Bard(Arcane Duelist) 3

Faunra invites the young man to join the ladies and then rushes off to get another bottle of wine. "Here you go, and if there is anything else you need don't hesitate to ask."


Status:
HP 22 | AC 17 | T 11 | FF 16 | CMD 16 | F +8 | R +4 | W +7 | Init +1 | Per +0

If Faunra invites Xogar to the table he will come over and introduce himself.

"I am Xogar. Pleasure to meet all of you. May I sit?" he says while gesturing to a chair.


Female Human(Taldan) Cleric/1 of Shelyn HP 8/8 | AC 12 Tch 12 FF 10 | F +3, R +3, W +7 | Init +2 | Perc +4,
Faunra wrote:
Here you go, and if there is anything else you need don't hesitate to ask

Nothing else,just sit with us and relax a bit.

Jerome wrote:
Evening. Got your offer for a cup of wine as a nightcap, be rude to turn down such an offer so I'll join you if this chair is open.

Viviana nods to one of the free chairs.

-Of course, have a seat, I couldn't help but notice that you were alone.
A traveler, away from friends and family perhaps?

Then she looks at Xogar with approving smile

I will be glad if you and your gnome friend join us too.
It is always a pleasure to meet someone who does not ignore the troubles of others.
I am Viviana and this is Mazranna.


M Human Fighter 1

Jerome settles down and pours a small measure of wine. Taking a sip, he nods to Viviana. Greetings, name is Jerome and I am a traveler of sorts. Caravan guard. Been escorting some merchants around the area and have come back to Sandpoint to enjoy the festivities before heading out again. Good solid work.


Female Human(Taldan) Cleric/1 of Shelyn HP 8/8 | AC 12 Tch 12 FF 10 | F +3, R +3, W +7 | Init +2 | Perc +4,


-I see.
A noble task, risking your own life to protect the people that travel through this wild land.
There are such terrible stories about monsters and bandits.
I am cleric of the Eternal Rose ,so i too strive to help people ,although in different ways.


Female Elf Bard(Arcane Duelist) 3

Once everyone in the bar is taken care of Faunra will join you at your table. She will stay silent unless otherwise spoken to.


M Human Fighter 1

Jerome gives a friendly smile to Faunra. Hope that one won't be a bother anymore. Jerome mentained the unwanted man.


Male Gnome Sorcerer (Fey Bloodline) 1

At the invitation, the little gnome is quick to scuttle over to the rapidly-filling table, selecting a chair and once again using his pack to boost himself to the proper height. He peers interestedly at Jerome.

"I'm Vin, me, and I appreciate the help back there, big guy!"

He then turns to the ladies.

"Nice to meet both of ya. I'm sorry, me, if I was starin' too much. Never seen things like this," he waves a hand to indicate Mazranna's bone fetishes, "Though that I'm passably familiar with!" he points to the deck of cards.


Female Elf Bard(Arcane Duelist) 3

Faunra shakes her head. "Unfortunately he seems a little obsessed with elves...I'm not the only one he's acted that way with and usually our bouncers are quick to escort him out but with being so busy tonight they got a little over whelmed. Thanks again for coming to my rescue though I doubt he would ever act on his perversions."


Status:
HP 22 | AC 17 | T 11 | FF 16 | CMD 16 | F +8 | R +4 | W +7 | Init +1 | Per +0

Xogar looks over at Faunra: "Glad to be of help. You look like you need someone to wait on you for a while. What would you like to eat or drink? And where may I find an apron?" he says while standing up.


Female Elf Bard(Arcane Duelist) 3

She blushes "No I'm fine. Besides Ameiko gets rather fussy if I drink on the job but thanks for the offer. Thankfully things are starting to thin out in here enough were I can sit for a while."


Status:
HP 22 | AC 17 | T 11 | FF 16 | CMD 16 | F +8 | R +4 | W +7 | Init +1 | Per +0

"Ok then." he says while sitting back down.


M Human Fighter 1

No problem Vin keeping the rabble quiet is part of my job. Jerome looks with interest at the Harrow deck.


Female Human(Taldan) Cleric/1 of Shelyn HP 8/8 | AC 12 Tch 12 FF 10 | F +3, R +3, W +7 | Init +2 | Perc +4,
Xogar wrote:
Glad to be of help. You look like you need someone to wait on you for a while. What would you like to eat or drink? And where may I find an apron?

With the mental image of the huge orc wearing apron and serving drinks in her head,Viviana barely manages to keep a straight face.

To conceal this she turns towards Vin.

Vin wrote:
"Though that I'm passably familiar with!" he points to the deck of cards.

-Are you a fortune teller too then?

Marzanna here will attempt to foretell my future.

Viviana looks at Marzanna , suddenly realizing that she has invited all these people, without actually asking for her opinion ,and maybe the fortune-teller won't be too happy about it.

-If you haven't changed your mind of cource.


Male Gnome Sorcerer (Fey Bloodline) 1

Vin chuckles.

"Lady, no, I'm no fortune teller, me. Some o' my kinsfolk travel with the Sczarni though, and I been in that caravan a time or two. Not to my taste; spend more time alone in the woods than with people usually."

As he speaks, the golden-haired gnome watches Mazranna carefully.


Status:
HP 22 | AC 17 | T 11 | FF 16 | CMD 16 | F +8 | R +4 | W +7 | Init +1 | Per +0

Xogar looks around at everyone.

”So, what brings everyone to Sandpoint?” he asks.


M Human Fighter 1

Jerome replies to Xogar. Caravan guard. I've been escorting caravans around the area for several months and recently accompanied one here just as the festivities started. I'll be staying in town to enjoy them before heading out again.


Just wanting to give this a bit of a bump. Back online now and ready for the harrow reading when ever Marzanna wants to do it.


Status:
HP 22 | AC 17 | T 11 | FF 16 | CMD 16 | F +8 | R +4 | W +7 | Init +1 | Per +0
JeromeCaulflower wrote:
Jerome replies to Xogar. Caravan guard. I've been escorting caravans around the area for several months and recently accompanied one here just as the festivities started. I'll be staying in town to enjoy them before heading out again.

"I see. I am here to see the new temple dedicated. I always look forward to such events."

Mathpro just PM'ed me and said he will be back to posting on Monday. Game on!


M Human Fighter 1

Jerome suddenly blinks. Did I just fall asleep?


Female Elf Bard(Arcane Duelist) 3

Faunra looks on with interest as the group at her table talks. As one of the other waiteresses comes over she looks at her. "I'm taking a bit of a break. If Ameiko has a problem with it she can come out here and tell me herself.

She then turns her attention to the strangely dressed woman. "So your a fortune teller are you?"


M Human Fighter 1

Jerome looks at the pal woman as well, wondering if she can really tell fortunes.


Status:
HP 22 | AC 17 | T 11 | FF 16 | CMD 16 | F +8 | R +4 | W +7 | Init +1 | Per +0

"That sounds very interesting. I have never seen a fortune teller before."


The night quickly winds down and you all eventually retreat to your rooms at the Rusty Dragon and quickly find sleep. The next day the Swallowtail Festival kicks off with great success. You all make your way to the square before the church. What was once a very open square is now packed full with locals and foreigners alike taking in the sights and sounds of the festival. Several merchant tents featuring food, clothing, local crafts, and souvenirs have been set up in the square and the cries of the various merchants ring through the early morning air.

Soon the crowds are gathered for the mornings welcoming speeches. The first speaker is a woman that introduces herself as Mayor Deverin. Her friendly attitude and excitement prove contagious as she welcomes visitors to town. The next speaker is Sheriff Belor Hemlock and he brings the crowds morale down a little with his dour mood. He reminds everyone to be safe around the evening's bonfire, and requests a moment of silence to remember those that lost their lives in the fire that claimed the town's previous church several years ago. The next speaker was supposed to be local nobleman Lonjiku Kaijitsu, but a sudden illness has prevented him from attending the ceremony so he was replaced by Sandpoint's own showman Cyrdak Krokkus. He is able to return the crowd to there positive mood with his rousing anecdotes. He delivers a not-completely-irrevelent recap of the long process the town went through to finance and construct the new cathedral. He throws in a bit of self promotion at the end, inviting everyone to stop by the Sandpoint Theater the following evening to check out his new production of "The Harpy's Curse". Finally, Father Zantus steps up to give a short speech thanking everyone for coming before declaring the Swallowtail Festival underway. That announcement is met with a collective cheer as the welcoming speeches have out lasted there welcome amongst most of the crowd.

Numerous games and contests take can be played through out the festival grounds. These games include: sack races, games of hide-and-seek, weight-lifting challenges, balance beam contests, tug-of-war events, and the like.

Is anyone going to partake in any of the festival games or do you want me to move on? If you want to play a game let me know which one and I will respond with spoilers for how your event turns out.


M Human Fighter 1

Jerome tries out the weight lifting contest.


Female Human (Varisian) Rogue / 2

Zelladania finally shows up in town in the morning, just in time for the festivities. A bit tired from her travel, she nonetheless decides to take part in some of the games and contests. She'll try out a balance contest and then move on over to a game of hide and seek.

dex 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
stealth 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26


Status:
HP 22 | AC 17 | T 11 | FF 16 | CMD 16 | F +8 | R +4 | W +7 | Init +1 | Per +0

Xogar makes his way around and watches the various events but does not participate. He does try some food if they have any available.

Sczarni

current map Human Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist, Drunken Brute) 4 / Fighter (unarmed) 4
Spoiler:
AC16 | T 14 | FF 13 | HP 49 / 49 | F+10 | R+6 | W+6 | Init +2 | perc + 9

Noro makes her way up toward the festival from the docks area. with the festivalthere are no ships due in or out for a few days. and the chance to avoid her boss from the feedbag is always a welcome oppurtunity.

grabbing some food and making to idle conversation with her frinds Noro eventually catches sight of an old friend but quickly looses her in the crowds.

She eventually meanders to the weight lifting. Knowing is being sponsored by the gym she works out at regularly. watching some of the other contestants some of her fellow co-workers start tto egg her on to give it a go.

There appears to be a newcomer in this game as well. would be a shame for him to be beat by a girl. but still it would be fun.

I think I saw him with that caravan that arrived to other day, but then again maybe not her thoughts starting to cloud her concentration.

She soon shakes it off and takes her turn at the competition after the newcomer has tried.

Let me show you how itsh done she comments to him as she moves in to take her turn.

the newcomer she is refering to is Jerome
If Noro is having trouble she will burn a round of rage to get the extra strength needed (but only if really needed)
what checks do you need from us for the competitions?


M Human Fighter 1

Really? Well step up and let us see how much we can lift.


Female Human(Taldan) Cleric/1 of Shelyn HP 8/8 | AC 12 Tch 12 FF 10 | F +3, R +3, W +7 | Init +2 | Perc +4,

Viviana wakes up late,promising to herself to be more careful with the varrisan wine from now on.
The festival quickly improves her mood,and she decides to join the fun.
Viviana buys small harp,and attempts to entertain the crowd

Preform (+2CHA +4Inner Beauty)1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23


M Human Fighter 1

Jerome tries out some of the weights. STR: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

*crk*

Jerome's eyes water and he hobbles away. Umm...I need to get to a healer.

Sczarni

current map Human Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist, Drunken Brute) 4 / Fighter (unarmed) 4
Spoiler:
AC16 | T 14 | FF 13 | HP 49 / 49 | F+10 | R+6 | W+6 | Init +2 | perc + 9

strength check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

After Jerome struggles with the weights Noro tries to keep from laughing and move to show him how it is done.

Shorry there fella, Jusht think You may have been beaten by a girl, at leasht I am not your typical girl.

after the weights she goes to Jerome

care to join me for lunch? my brother may be making shome shtuff at Ameiko's stall, my treat


Opposed skill checks:

perception to be found:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
strength check to challenge Noro:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 41d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 91d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 131d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 81d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Jerome:

The crowd tries not to laugh as you hurt your self trying to lift the weights. You are able to find a cleric and she is able to patch you up but your still a little sore. -1 to all dex based skills and abilities for an hour.

Zelladania:

You are able to keep your balance for the most part but slip towards the end. Thankfully you react quickly and are able to catch your self before you fall. Your also not found while playing hide and go seek but you're also not able to find anyone when its your turn to try to find the players.

Noro Kasuri:

The crowds seem impressed with your show of brute strength. There are a few more challenges issued but none of the other challengers are able to lift as much as you are. One of the men looks particularly embarrassed at being beaten by a woman. His over all build makes him look slightly stronger than you but once again he fell short of your ability when tested.

Viviana:

The crowed loves your music and you are approached by Cyrdak Krokkus, the owner of Sandpoints one and only theater. He asks if your interested in joining his performing troupe and mentions that the benefits are...plentiful. As he speaks to you he reaches out and tries to take your hand.

Diplomacy check:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

At noon, Father Zantus and his acolytes wheel a large covered wagon into the square, and after recounting the short parable of how Desna first fell to earth and was nursed back to health by a blind child whom she transformed into an immortal butterfly as a reward for her aid, they pull aside the wagon's cover, releasing the thousand children of Desna, a furious swarm of swallowtail butterflies that swarm into the air in a spiraling riot of color to a great cheer from the crowd. Throughout the rest of the day, children futilely chase butterflies, never quite quick enough to catch them.

After the releasing of the swallowtail butterflies the local taverns hold their annual food competitions. Food from The Rusty Dragon, The Hagfish, and The White Deer, are offered to the crowd for free. The Rusty Dragon offers up a remarkable curry-spiced salmon and early winterdrop mead. The Hagfish offers up a decent lobsster chowder. The White Deer offers up a peppercorn venison that is hands down the worst thing served that day. It is clear that this years competition has, once again, gone to Ameiko Kaijitsu of The Rusty Dragon.

Feel free to interact with each other or NPC's as you see fit. I'll keep this going for a little bit before the plot picks up.


M Human Fighter 1

Jerome nods to Noro. That would be excellent. I heard that Ameiko's meals are the best in town.


Status:
HP 22 | AC 17 | T 11 | FF 16 | CMD 16 | F +8 | R +4 | W +7 | Init +1 | Per +0

At the food competition, Xogar is eager to have a good meal.

After the competition is done:

"Ahhh! That was mighty filling. I need to do that again tonight."

Sczarni

current map Human Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist, Drunken Brute) 4 / Fighter (unarmed) 4
Spoiler:
AC16 | T 14 | FF 13 | HP 49 / 49 | F+10 | R+6 | W+6 | Init +2 | perc + 9

Well of course itsh the besht. eshpeshially when my brother ish cooking. she appears to be stuggling with the word "espesially" her lisp getting in the way

Noro walks with Jerome to get lunch at the Rusty Dragon stall.

after a few steps. oh, Shorry I'm Noro by the way, jusht sho you know who beat ya she says to him with an elbow nudge and a laugh.


M Human Fighter 1

Jerome, I seem to have defeated myself by lifting the wrong way. Jerome winces a little as he is still a bit sore.


Female Human (Varisian) Rogue / 2

After the competitions, Zella wanders over by the Rusty Dragon food stall, eager to try their curry-spiced salmon and early winterdrop mead.

Sczarni

current map Human Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist, Drunken Brute) 4 / Fighter (unarmed) 4
Spoiler:
AC16 | T 14 | FF 13 | HP 49 / 49 | F+10 | R+6 | W+6 | Init +2 | perc + 9

As Noro appoaches the Stall she catches sight of the woman she thought she saw earlier.

Noro merely goes and stands beside Zella for a few moments waiting to see if she notices her.

eventually Hello, get that audition yet?she asks nonchalantly.


Female Human (Varisian) Rogue / 2

Zella waves as she spots an old friend and then makes her way over to her. "No, not yet. I took some time out to enjoy the festival today. Perhaps tomorrow I'll get a chance to inquire about any open positions at the theater. This food is great by the way, did your brother help cook it?"

Sczarni

current map Human Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist, Drunken Brute) 4 / Fighter (unarmed) 4
Spoiler:
AC16 | T 14 | FF 13 | HP 49 / 49 | F+10 | R+6 | W+6 | Init +2 | perc + 9

If your mouth ishn't on fire than probably not, ohhh, thish is Jerome, met over by the weight lifting. Noro introduces Jerome to Zella.

Jerome, thish is Zella


M Human Fighter 1

Jerome nods to Zella. Pleased to meet you. Noro did quite well in the contest.


Female Human (Varisian) Rogue / 2

"Pleased to meet you too, Jerome. I'm not surprised in the least that Noro did well. She's quite a bit stronger than she looks. As for my mouth being on fire, I think I've been drinking too much of that wonderful winterdrop mead for any flames to have a chance of surviving."


Female Human(Taldan) Cleric/1 of Shelyn HP 8/8 | AC 12 Tch 12 FF 10 | F +3, R +3, W +7 | Init +2 | Perc +4,

Viviana is little annoyed by the Cyrdak 's free manners but remains polite.

-The street is hardly a proper place for such discussion,and i have some business to attend.
Tomorrow i will come by to see this teater of yours,or we can meet later today,i am staying at the Rusty Dragon

Viviana avoids his proposal to accompany her,and spends some time at the Cathedral, chatting with friendly local priest,then heads back to the inn

Sczarni

current map Human Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist, Drunken Brute) 4 / Fighter (unarmed) 4
Spoiler:
AC16 | T 14 | FF 13 | HP 49 / 49 | F+10 | R+6 | W+6 | Init +2 | perc + 9

anyway, Jerome, I promished you lunch, Zella Pleashe join ush. jusht sho long as you bring shome of that Mead.

OOC thoughts spoilered for convenience:

never realized how often the 's' sound comes up. I apologize for the way its typed but its the best way I can express her lisp. (which is why she was always teased as a kid.


M Human Fighter 1

Jerome accepts the generous offer of a meal.


Female Human (Varisian) Rogue / 2

"I'll go grab a pitcher."

51 to 100 of 137 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rise of the Runelords Chapter 1-Burnt offerings All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.