Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Qwerty's PFS#8-00 Cosmic Captive Classic (1-2)

Game Master qwerty1971

Cosmic Captive

INIT:

[dice=Ree]1d20+10[/dice]
[dice=Kaya]1d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Huckleberry]1d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Fentar]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Razdin]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Jogun]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Foe]1d20+1[/dice]


1 to 50 of 183 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

GoM// Cosmic Captive// WotW Maps//WOGH Map //

Astronomers have marveled as the famous comet Aucturn's Tear once more soars through the solar system, yet this cycle, strange portals have begun opening on each planet the comet passes, and a powerful entity trapped on the other side of these gateways desperately calls for help. To the Pathfinder Society, this is a once-in-a-human-lifetime opportunity to discover what lies through these portals—and either free the captive trapped within or ensure that it remains sealed forever.

Liberty's Edge

M Human Rogue (Trapsmith) 1 | HP 8/8 | Init +6 | Per +6 | AC 18 : T 15 : FF 13 | Fort +0 : Ref+ 6 : Will +2 | Shortsword×2 +3 (1d6/19-20×2+4), LCrossbow +4 (1d8/19-20×2)

Dot!

The Exchange

| HP 12/12 | Panache: 4/4 | AC 19 T 14 F 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will -1 | Init +10 | Perception +3 | Primary attack: Rapier +6 (1d6+4) 18-20/x2 | Female Ifrit Swashbuckler (Inspired blade) 1

dot!


"Doom Girl" Online VL // PbP EventsPbP Gameday GamesPBPGD6 New Player Game Finder // Cosmic Captive Player SignupOverseer ThreadGM Reporting Form

The woman in the red mask was quiet. She had been watching all the teams, taking note of each one on her clipboard as they filed in.

Would they be ready for what lay ahead? She had no idea. Whatever happened though, she knew it would be out of this world.

____
Overseer GM Hmm, checking in. Players, feel free to introduce yourselves to each other in Absalom in character. We start June 9th, and I'd love for everyone to be ready to go before then.

Liberty's Edge

M Human Rogue (Trapsmith) 1 | HP 8/8 | Init +6 | Per +6 | AC 18 : T 15 : FF 13 | Fort +0 : Ref+ 6 : Will +2 | Shortsword×2 +3 (1d6/19-20×2+4), LCrossbow +4 (1d8/19-20×2)

"'Ello Mates! The name's Razzy! I'll be yer scout slash trap decoy extraordinaire through our adventure together. If there's a trap that needs fondlin' I'm your guy. I like fast women and faster gold... and kittens. Not in that order." Razdin, a tall, slender young man with a welcoming smile and messy hair introduces himself to the group.

The Exchange

| HP 12/12 | Panache: 4/4 | AC 19 T 14 F 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will -1 | Init +10 | Perception +3 | Primary attack: Rapier +6 (1d6+4) 18-20/x2 | Female Ifrit Swashbuckler (Inspired blade) 1

A young woman with bronze skin and red hair that is so fiery it almost seems to lift with heat off of her shoulders when she moves arrives. She wears light almost see-through clothing revealing a mithral shirt for protection. At her hip is a rapier and a few other light weapons as well.

"Ree Soiel at your service... well at least as long as the society continues to pay my bills at least!" She winks to her companions and the woman in the red mask.

Grand Lodge

HP: 12/12 |AC:17 T:14 FF:13,| CMD: 14 | Fort: +4, Refl: +6, Will: +2 | Perc: +6, Init: +4, Speed 30ft 2 of 2/day Grit left, CG Human Musket Master 1, Battered Rifle +6, 1d12 (20/x4)

A large human with a big pot belly, trousers barely held up by worn suspenders. His big old white beard has bits of dirt, food, twigs and leaves in it and his large brimmed hat doesn't do much to cover his bald head.

"Well Howdy-do ther' folks, ma name's Huckleberry Buck, monster hunter at yer service, Heh heh," He loads his rifle and fires it into the ceiling, "YEEEEEE HAW, we gonna hunt us some monstars t'day!"

The Exchange

Female NG Kitsune Rogue 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 16 (13 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 14 | F: +0, R: +6, W: +0 | Init: +4 | Perc: +4(+1 Trapfinding), SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Dancing Lights: 3/3 | Sneak Attack +1d6 | Active conditions: None.

Kaya looks around with wide eyes as she sees the sheer number of people amassing. It's not unlike being at the lodge, except... Well, everyone's getting geared up and ready to go instead of just the few that were signing up for work. And there was significantly less alcohol in sight.

The adventurers were getting ready - it was a bit intimidating. Not for the first time, she asked herself whether she was in the right place.

"I'm Kaya," she introduces herself to her assigned team. She's a bit nervous - new meetings always were and on the last jaunt, there'd been a particular paladin... "I've still got a lot to learn, but I'd like to help scout and, you know, keep and eye out for traps and the like."

Silver Crusade

Male Human Cleric of Immonhiel 1: Hit Points 8; AC 15/11/14; Fort+5 Ref+2 Will+5

A young man looks around, he fiddles with a symbol dangling from his neck, a wooden carving of a frog strewn with herbs.
"Well, hello everyone. Loveley to meet you. Well, well, well... Isn't this nice... Oh, I, um... I'm a serveant of Immonhiel, you might have heard of her, probably not, although you should have, a true protector."


"Doom Girl" Online VL // PbP EventsPbP Gameday GamesPBPGD6 New Player Game Finder // Cosmic Captive Player SignupOverseer ThreadGM Reporting Form

★ - OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT - ★

5. 4. 3. 2. 1. BLASTOFF!

The Society's Master of Spells, Sorrina Westyr, looks up with approval upon the 30 foot platform the society is erecting around the base of the Spire of Nex. Her slate-gray skin seems to blend into the stonework behind her, but her manner is lively. She grins as she addresses the unkempt beggar beside her. ”See, Drandle, we were ready in time. You owe me a beer.”

The old Venture Captain titters. “Heh. You’re not away from the spire yet. We’ll see.”

“So we will.” Sorrina nods, then waves at the assembling crowd. “Pathfinders—welcome and well timed. Please, make your ways to the designated safe areas quickly and carefully, and please mind the wards. Try to keep the paths clear, as we have some very delicate equipment coming through. I have some amazing discoveries to share in just a few more moments.”

Meanwhile in the crowd, the aura of excitement continues to build. Rumors are flying everywhere as Pathfinders ask each other, “What’s this all about?”

BEGIN PART ONE.

Liberty's Edge

M Human Rogue (Trapsmith) 1 | HP 8/8 | Init +6 | Per +6 | AC 18 : T 15 : FF 13 | Fort +0 : Ref+ 6 : Will +2 | Shortsword×2 +3 (1d6/19-20×2+4), LCrossbow +4 (1d8/19-20×2)

Razzy shakes with excitement, barely able to keep from peeing his pants.

The Exchange

Female NG Kitsune Rogue 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 16 (13 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 14 | F: +0, R: +6, W: +0 | Init: +4 | Perc: +4(+1 Trapfinding), SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Dancing Lights: 3/3 | Sneak Attack +1d6 | Active conditions: None.

Kaya's eager to hear what news they have that's so exciting, but... Everyone wants to know and the murmurs nearly drown out whatever she's going to say next. Kaya nearly turns bites the person standing behind her when they shift a bit too far forward into her personal space.

As it is, she keeps both her calm and her human guise. What's next? They'd all answered the call - so what next?


GoM// Cosmic Captive// WotW Maps//WOGH Map //

Starlight brightens the grassy plain surrounding the immense Spire of Nex. Overhead, a comet lazily streaks across the night sky. Heavily armed patrols guard the perimeter, and the shadow of great wings occasionally blots out the stars. Sharp flashes of amethyst light, quick shouts, and chanting briefly periodically rise above the waiting crowd’s chatter as spellcasters hurriedly construct and maintain crackling wards. These efforts revolve around a thirty-foot-tall upright gleaming metal ring constructed at the Spire’s base.

You might hear rumors of the Society’s latest activities related to this gathering.

Diplomacy (Gather Information). One roll: open all spoilers that apply.

DC 12+:
Absalom is all abuzz with numerous and colorful tales about the sudden appearance of a new light in the night sky. Fortunetellers and doomsayers crowd the streets, shouting stories and warnings of what this portends.

DC 17+:
Messengers have been arriving in the Grand Lodge from around the Inner Sea with tales of strange gateways appearing around the world. Scholars have attended closed-door meetings with Master of Spells Sorrina Westyr to discuss this phenomenon as well as a sudden upheaval in the Elemental Planes.

DC 22+:
An ambassador from the elves of Kyonin met with members of the Decemvirate. Shortly afterward, the Society’s leaders commissioned scribes to copy a number of elven scrolls concerning the solar system and interplanetary travel.

DC 27+:
The Society has gathered a number of rare Numerian relics related to survival in airless environments. Additionally, the Society recently recovered fragments from a broken aiudara (also known as an elf gate) and shipped them to the Cairnlands north of Absalom.

- - -

You might know the significance of the Spire of Nex and what it might be used for.

Knowledge (Arcana) or Knowledge (History). One roll: open all spoilers that apply.

DC 10+:
The Spire of Nex is a mile-high column of smooth grey stone a few hours north of Absalom. The Archmage Nex constructed the Spire during his unsuccessful siege of Absalom in 166 AR

DC 20+:
The Spire has no obvious entrances on any surface, but is said to have contained Nex’s armies. The building seems to bend both space and magic around itself.

- - -

You might know more about the new comet in the sky.

Knowledge (Geography) or Profession (Astronomer). One roll: open all spoilers that apply.

DC 10+:
A new comet appeared several months ago. It does not match any known comets, and its trajectory seems highly irregular.

DC 15+:
The comet recently traveled past Akiton, and it should travel past Golarion within the next 24 hours. Initial observations showed it was rotating slowly, but it has now stopped spinning altogether.

DC 20+:
The comet is venting a tremendous amount of air, rather than the ice crystals and water vapor normally associated with such objects. A shallow atmosphere has formed around the celestial body.

DC 25+:
The comet is actually an asteroid known as Aucturn’s Tear, a piece of the Diaspora asteroid belt. Aucturn’s Tear passes through the solar system every 56 years, but according to records and eyewitnesses, it has never shone so brightly before.

feel free to RP your understanding of what you discovered as you share it to your newfound companions.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Cleric of Immonhiel 1: Hit Points 8; AC 15/11/14; Fort+5 Ref+2 Will+5

diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
knowledge arcana: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Silver Crusade

Male Human Cleric of Immonhiel 1: Hit Points 8; AC 15/11/14; Fort+5 Ref+2 Will+5

"The Spire of Nex! What task awaits at the archmage's siege tower?"

Fentar goggles.

Liberty's Edge

M Human Rogue (Trapsmith) 1 | HP 8/8 | Init +6 | Per +6 | AC 18 : T 15 : FF 13 | Fort +0 : Ref+ 6 : Will +2 | Shortsword×2 +3 (1d6/19-20×2+4), LCrossbow +4 (1d8/19-20×2)

"I can't wait to find out. Any of you know anything else about the upcoming task?

The Exchange

| HP 12/12 | Panache: 4/4 | AC 19 T 14 F 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will -1 | Init +10 | Perception +3 | Primary attack: Rapier +6 (1d6+4) 18-20/x2 | Female Ifrit Swashbuckler (Inspired blade) 1

Diplomacy untrained: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Ree tries chatting up a few of the more scholarly Pathfinders who seem to know what's going on but they're more interested in her than in giving her info. After a few minutes she rejoins her team with a sigh.

"No idea here!"


2 people marked this as a favorite.
GoM// Cosmic Captive// WotW Maps//WOGH Map //

A tall elven man approaches your group. He is followed by a youngster dragging a small cart in which you see stacks of small rucksacks. You notice other people moving around the group that are also followed by an adolescent with a cart.

”Well met, I have been tasked by the Venture officers to provide magical assistance on your trip outside of Golarion’s atmosphere and into a low-gravity environment."

He waits for a moment to let the news sink in.

"Yes, the comet! I won't be joining you there. But I can protect you from environmental temperature extremes, the vacuum of space, and damage dealt by radioactivity. I wouldn't plan on leaving Golarion without it!"

"It lasts for the better part of the day and I can cast it on each of you. The faction leaders have agreed that together they will pay for the costs. Of course they will find a way to make you pay for it in the end, but you first need to survive on the comet...”

He reaches into his spell component pouch "So, what do you say? Who wants it?"

I strongly advise you to make use of the spell. This special spell will cost you 1 prestige point and lasts 11 hours in-game time, starting in act 2 (which starts soon)

Later the elf takes one of the small sacks from the youngster ”In addition, the Society has put together caches of supplies to help Pathfinders trapped in hostile conditions make it back in one piece.” He hands over the rucksack.

Each PC receives two pouches of air crystals, a potion of endure elements, and one snapleaf.

SUBTIER 1-2 Your party also receives one wand of cure light wounds (10 charges)

Air crystals:
These unpleasant-tasting, alchemically grown crystals release breathable air when chewed. A pouch of air crystals provides 1 minute of breathable air. Placing air crystals in your mouth takes a standard action; chewing them each round is a free action. Any attempt to speak while chewing air crystals negates any remaining duration.

Snapleaf:
This crystalline carving looks like a hand-sized tree leaf. It is usually worn around the neck on a strap so it is within easy reach, but can be affixed to a belt or clothing just like a badge. Activating a snapleaf is an immediate action and gives the bearer the benefits of feather fall and invisibility. The duration of the two effects work independently; ending one early does not affect the other. The item cannot be activated to provide just one of these two effects; they are always activated simultaneously.


GoM// Cosmic Captive// WotW Maps//WOGH Map //

still waiting on one to dot in. hopefully that person has some knowledges. Also if your character has no prestige to pay for the planar adaptation you will get a "loan" from the society and pay the prestige at the end of the scenario.

Grand Lodge

HP: 12/12 |AC:17 T:14 FF:13,| CMD: 14 | Fort: +4, Refl: +6, Will: +2 | Perc: +6, Init: +4, Speed 30ft 2 of 2/day Grit left, CG Human Musket Master 1, Battered Rifle +6, 1d12 (20/x4)

He stares at the tall eleven wizard with a blank expression on his face before snappin' too!

"What ya mean, we gonna go up into the skies and fight tha giant comet monster? Well heck yes give me som' of that sweet magical protection!"

Liberty's Edge

M Human Rogue (Trapsmith) 1 | HP 8/8 | Init +6 | Per +6 | AC 18 : T 15 : FF 13 | Fort +0 : Ref+ 6 : Will +2 | Shortsword×2 +3 (1d6/19-20×2+4), LCrossbow +4 (1d8/19-20×2)

"I'm with Huck! I'm not built for space. But I can't wait to meet those sweet, sweet space ladies I keep dreamin' about." Razzy says with enthusiasm. Excited to see such variety in the group that he will be traveling with.

The Exchange

Female NG Kitsune Rogue 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 16 (13 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 14 | F: +0, R: +6, W: +0 | Init: +4 | Perc: +4(+1 Trapfinding), SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Dancing Lights: 3/3 | Sneak Attack +1d6 | Active conditions: None.

Rolls:
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Her mind whirring with this new information, Kaya can't help but be amazed at the sheer vastness of what they're about to attempt. "There's something going on in the Elemental Planes. There are gateways to other places - worlds? - opening around the world," she reports back to her assigned group. "Master of Spells Sorrina Westyr has been meeting with scholars to discuss it."

When the elf approaches with his aid, Kaya nearly bursts with excitement.

"I can't even begin to imagine what we're going to be up against!" Kaya exclaims, thinking of the scrolls. "I'll certainly take whatever aid you can give me!" After a pause, she asks, "I heard that there are scrolls about the solar system and interplanetary travel - will we be getting a copy?"

She accepts both the spells and the sack.


"Doom Girl" Online VL // PbP EventsPbP Gameday GamesPBPGD6 New Player Game Finder // Cosmic Captive Player SignupOverseer ThreadGM Reporting Form

★ - OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT - ★

Sorrina Westyr, the Pathfinder Society's returning Master of Spells, hurriedly concludes her conversation with Drandle Dreng before stepping onto the platform in front of a giant metal ring the Society has constructed. The starlight glimmers in her crystalline white hair, though her obsidian oread features are visible only in flashes from the nearby glowing wards.

“I thank you all for traveling here on such short notice, Pathfinders. A unique opportunity has come to us from the stars.” She gestures gracefully to the comet trailing gas in the sky above her head. “The asteroid Aucturn's Tear quietly travels our solar system once every fifty-six years. For the first time it now flares with brilliance. We have learned this phenomenon is the work of an entity trapped on Aucturn's Tear and, whatever this being is, it is calling out for help. We do not know its intentions, yet it is in our interest to learn more. If it is benevolent, it may prove a powerful ally and friend to the Society if we can free it. If it is malevolent, then we will do what we can to ensure it stays sealed away where it can do no harm.”

She casts a spell, briefly creating an image of Golarian’s solar system, and the asteroid’s trajectory within it.

“As it approaches planets, the entity has opened gateways in magic-dense regions, as if calling out to powerful champions that might come to its aid. Based on our calculations, the first of these gateways on Golarion should appear in a matter of minutes, and we have gathered in this magically infused site to draw the portal here and stabilize it, allowing us to travel to the asteroid ourselves. Our observations show billowing clouds pouring out from three locations on Aucturn's Tear. These both create a livable environment we can navigate as well as provide three entrances to the asteroid's interior so that we can find the source of these events.” Red arrows appear at each entrance as the image keeps focusing closer and closer to the asteroid itself. “The first entrance is at the base of an enormous crater, where there are monumental fortifications— likely making that the most difficult approach. The second plume is coming from the remnants of a frozen fortress, which could contain incredible secrets in its own right. The third plume is coming from the sunward side of the comet and is issuing from a number of lava tubes. Our observers also spotted the wreck of a metal craft near there.”

Sorrina pauses a moment, letting the significance of all of these observations sink in, and then continues.

“This will be an unusual environment, so prepare for unusual conditions: extreme temperatures, low-gravity, and airless pockets are likely. Everyone should have received a package of supplies to assist in managing these hazards. While the gateway should remain stable, a contingent of conjurers is staying here to monitor it, and additional teams are on standby to provide escape routes to extradimensional shelters in case of complications. Perhaps most importantly, we've ringed this area with defenses to prevent any outside interference with this expedition, and the bronze dragon Ahelvetinn has agreed to keep watch in case any evil attempts to escape through the gateway into Golarion.”

The Spire of Nex begins to hum, the vibrations creating a stomach-churning resonance as a pinpoint of light appears in the center of the portal ring and begins to grow.

Sorrina Westyr shouts to be heard over the deafening noise, “It's beginning! Be ready to move through and split into teams to investigate each of the three possible approaches. Once we're inside we can regroup and compare notes.”

The metal of the portal ring incandesces, and a blast of freezing air pours out as the gateway opens. The place beyond is a field of jagged grey stone, and once several dozen Pathfinders step through, the earth itself springs to life in the form of countless elemental creatures that swarm toward the gate. From further in, a terrible draconic roar accompanies the appearance of a flight of crystalline dragons sweeping out from the lip of a crater.

“Secure the gate! Do not let any of them through!” Westyr shouts as she sends a lance of swirling black and white energy into one of the wyrms, sending it careening end over end as the forces meet.

BEGIN PART TWO

Silver Crusade

Male Human Cleric of Immonhiel 1: Hit Points 8; AC 15/11/14; Fort+5 Ref+2 Will+5

Earlier, I take the supplies but have no PP to spend.

Fentar gazes on in amazement, "Is it always like this? My first mission!"

The Exchange

Female NG Kitsune Rogue 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 16 (13 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 14 | F: +0, R: +6, W: +0 | Init: +4 | Perc: +4(+1 Trapfinding), SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Dancing Lights: 3/3 | Sneak Attack +1d6 | Active conditions: None.

Fentar, our GM mentioned that you can get an advance on your PP for this particular event and just subtract one at the end of the game. c:

As she listened and saw the announcement, Kaya couldn't help but be privately relieved she'd left as much of her kit as home as she had - certainly, if the trip was going to last her a day, there was no point in bringing everything with her and... if it was to be a short mission (as it seemed to be slated for a day's effort), she didn't want to weigh herself down with everything.

"It's not always like this," she says, eyes wide, "But wow, I don't think we'd all be able to handle it if it were!"

She slipped the potion of endure elements into her belt pouch, carefully cushioning it with the small pouches of air crystals. I'm assuming they're small enough to fit, like the size of gum packets? She then affixed the snapleaf to her cloak.

She gripped the hilt of the cold iron dagger on her belt for luck before exhaling. "Well, which entrance do you think we'll be?"


GoM// Cosmic Captive// WotW Maps//WOGH Map //

you can subtract the prestige for the planetary adaptation from your chronicle sheet upon completion, and at first level if you dont do that you dont go on the adventure.

You're no sooner through the portal than you're in the thick of battle! Two vaguely humanoid rock monsters rise from the asteroid's surface to attack!

GM:

Ree: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
Kaya: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Huckleberry: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Fentar: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Razdin: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
?: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (11) + 0 = 11
Foe: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8

Combat 1st RND
All of you go before them

Rock Foes

and so the adventure begins. bear in mind your group is a bit light in knowledges and no current arcane but locks should not be an issue.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Cleric of Immonhiel 1: Hit Points 8; AC 15/11/14; Fort+5 Ref+2 Will+5

Ah, prestige pre-emptively spent then. I will delay until others act, seeing as I am Supportey McHealey at level one.

Liberty's Edge

M Human Rogue (Trapsmith) 1 | HP 8/8 | Init +6 | Per +6 | AC 18 : T 15 : FF 13 | Fort +0 : Ref+ 6 : Will +2 | Shortsword×2 +3 (1d6/19-20×2+4), LCrossbow +4 (1d8/19-20×2)

With the excitement overtaking his body, Razzy rushes forward drawing both his blades, attacking the rock monster with both before he has had a chance to react to their arrival.

Short sword#1 +sneak: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 221d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 61d6 ⇒ 5

Confirm: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 81d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Short sword#2 +sneak: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 181d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 71d6 ⇒ 4


GoM// Cosmic Captive// WotW Maps//WOGH Map //

Razdin hits with both his attacks but quickly finds out that this foes is immune to the rogues precision damage...but both his attacks cut deep and make the foe a bit staggered...

DC 11+:

These are small earth elementals. Like most elementals they are immune to critical hits, precision damage, bleed, paralysis, poison, sleep effects and stunning. They also can’t be flanked.

DC 16+:

An earth elemental gains a +1 bonus on attack and damage rolls if both it and its foe are touching the ground.

Liberty's Edge

M Human Rogue (Trapsmith) 1 | HP 8/8 | Init +6 | Per +6 | AC 18 : T 15 : FF 13 | Fort +0 : Ref+ 6 : Will +2 | Shortsword×2 +3 (1d6/19-20×2+4), LCrossbow +4 (1d8/19-20×2)

Razzy stops his celebratory dancing and frowns.

Which know check would it be?


GoM// Cosmic Captive// WotW Maps//WOGH Map //

stupid me- Planes. trying to multi-task and realized i am male so impossible.

Liberty's Edge

M Human Rogue (Trapsmith) 1 | HP 8/8 | Init +6 | Per +6 | AC 18 : T 15 : FF 13 | Fort +0 : Ref+ 6 : Will +2 | Shortsword×2 +3 (1d6/19-20×2+4), LCrossbow +4 (1d8/19-20×2)

Trust me I understand that entirely, and when you say staggered, do you mean literally staggered in the conditions sense?


GoM// Cosmic Captive// WotW Maps//WOGH Map //

staggered as in i did not want to say disabled and give you the hit point range

The Exchange

Female NG Kitsune Rogue 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 16 (13 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 14 | F: +0, R: +6, W: +0 | Init: +4 | Perc: +4(+1 Trapfinding), SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Dancing Lights: 3/3 | Sneak Attack +1d6 | Active conditions: None.

Kaya steps forward and tries to slip past the elemental, to get on the side opposite it so she can help her peers flank this foe. She then attempts to take the creature by surprise and stabs at the elemental with her rapier, attempting a sneak attack of her own. It appears they don't work, but Kaya doesn't know that yet, so that's what she tries to do, orz. I won't roll for it though.
Do I need multiple acrobatics checks for each square she's going through to get past the elemental?

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
Attack w/Rapier: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

The Exchange

| HP 12/12 | Panache: 4/4 | AC 19 T 14 F 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will -1 | Init +10 | Perception +3 | Primary attack: Rapier +6 (1d6+4) 18-20/x2 | Female Ifrit Swashbuckler (Inspired blade) 1

Ree would totally pay the 1 prestige for that spell. Thanks!
Also I'm guessing Fentar would take the CLW wand with 10 charges?

Once everyone arrives Ree will sidle up to Fentar with a grin on her face and wink as she asks "Heya handsome would you be willing to hang onto this wand of mine and maybe tap me with it if I get bruised or bloody playing around with our enemies?" Ree will give her wand of Cure light wounds with 50 charges to him to use on her if he agrees.

Ree just kinda blinks a bit as the speech from the Mistress of Spells goes way over her fiery head. However once the dizziness of space travel wears off she's super quick into the action! Her rapier flies from its scabbard as she dances around to the far side of the (blue) creature to set up a flank for her team-mates as she attacks!

Acrobatics to avoid AoO: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Rapier!: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Piercing Damage!: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

If the creature strikes at her she will attempt to Opportune Parry and Riposte!

Parry!: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 (opposed roll vs attack)
Riposte!: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18 (if she blocks the attack this is her counter-attack)
Piercing Damage!: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Grand Lodge

HP: 12/12 |AC:17 T:14 FF:13,| CMD: 14 | Fort: +4, Refl: +6, Will: +2 | Perc: +6, Init: +4, Speed 30ft 2 of 2/day Grit left, CG Human Musket Master 1, Battered Rifle +6, 1d12 (20/x4)

YEEEEEHAAAAWWW" Huckleberry spits out his chew as he lines up a shot and blasts the rock monster!

"Dat der gonn' look real pretty on my porch, yeaaah!"

Musket + Point Blank + Deadly Aim: 1d20 + 5 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 1 - 1 = 7
Damage: 1d12 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 1 + 2 = 15

And the gun backfires sending black powder into his beard and face, sputtering! "Wooooo Whey this gun is rarin' to hunt some monsters! Its just toooooo excited!"

Gun misfire, lol great way to start


GoM// Cosmic Captive// WotW Maps//WOGH Map //

Ree and Kaya both get into position vs the rock foes with ease and Kaya manages to deal enough damage to the red one that the foe cannot retain its shape and it crumbles into a pile of rocks. Ree deals a solid blow just as Huckleberry misfires...

Fentar is up unless he delays past the earth elemental's turn

Silver Crusade

Male Human Cleric of Immonhiel 1: Hit Points 8; AC 15/11/14; Fort+5 Ref+2 Will+5

knowledge (planes): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Blushing fiercely, Fentar accepts the wand and carries it alongside the healing wand from the venture captain. I hope we don't need these too much.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Cleric of Immonhiel 1: Hit Points 8; AC 15/11/14; Fort+5 Ref+2 Will+5

On my phone, so feel free to move me on the map.

Fentar steps up to the creature, nervously swinging his morningstar, "Well, here goes nothing!"

attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

with my rolls so far, things can only get better!

Fentar stares at the Weapon in shock as he narrowly avoids hitting himself in the face.


GoM// Cosmic Captive// WotW Maps//WOGH Map //

Fentar moves forward and misses with his attack against the elemental.

The rocky foe tries to slam Ree...

Slam vs Ree: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7...DMG: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 and completely misses with a powerful blow...

Combat 2nd RND
All of you go before them

Rock Foe (-9)

go ahead and post- i will be at my sons soccer tourney for most of the day and will hopefully post tonight; depending on how they play

Liberty's Edge

M Human Rogue (Trapsmith) 1 | HP 8/8 | Init +6 | Per +6 | AC 18 : T 15 : FF 13 | Fort +0 : Ref+ 6 : Will +2 | Shortsword×2 +3 (1d6/19-20×2+4), LCrossbow +4 (1d8/19-20×2)

Unnecessarily flipping and rolling toward the elemental, Razzy jumps up to strike his foe with both blades. "Take that ya crumbly fiend!"

shortsword #1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 171d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

shortsword #2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 81d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Razzy looks around during his gymnastics routine to ensure there are no other monsters in the general vicinity, and to get a general idea of their surroundings.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Silver Crusade

Male Human Cleric of Immonhiel 1: Hit Points 8; AC 15/11/14; Fort+5 Ref+2 Will+5

In for a penny...

Fentar swings again. Sticking his tongue out in concentration.

attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

The Exchange

| HP 12/12 | Panache: 4/4 | AC 19 T 14 F 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will -1 | Init +10 | Perception +3 | Primary attack: Rapier +6 (1d6+4) 18-20/x2 | Female Ifrit Swashbuckler (Inspired blade) 1

GM Did Ree's riposte attack hit?

The Exchange

Female NG Kitsune Rogue 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 16 (13 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 14 | F: +0, R: +6, W: +0 | Init: +4 | Perc: +4(+1 Trapfinding), SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Dancing Lights: 3/3 | Sneak Attack +1d6 | Active conditions: None.

"Haha!" Pleased at their relative success, Kaya immediately turned and prepared to make another attack, this time on the remaining elemental.

Attack w/Rapier: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Damage: 1d26 ⇒ 5


GoM// Cosmic Captive// WotW Maps//WOGH Map //

The groups combined efforts bring the stone monster down in a flash, leaving the area around you clear for now. You see the smelly man bouncing toward you, leaping far higher in the lower gravity than he usually world.

"Ach, yer alive! I found another straggler, looks like he needs a hand. Jogun Fairweather's his name me thinks. He has a boomstick. Play nice!" He gestures toward a pathfinder who is just popping through the portal!

Jogun joins the team

The man clears his throat. "Ye got three choices here! You can check out the Crater, the Frozen City or the Sea of Light!"

The Crater: The area is visibly swarming with defenders and encounters there are combat-oriented and much more deadly than the other routes.

The Frozen City: Is located on the asteroid’s dark side. While combat encounters are present, the challenges here are designed with exploration and diplomacy in mind.

The Sea of Light: This route combines a mix of exploration and combat, with a number of environmental hazards. PCs versed in advanced technology may be especially interested in exploring the wreck of the metal craft on this route.

Choose your route!

Liberty's Edge

M Human Rogue (Trapsmith) 1 | HP 8/8 | Init +6 | Per +6 | AC 18 : T 15 : FF 13 | Fort +0 : Ref+ 6 : Will +2 | Shortsword×2 +3 (1d6/19-20×2+4), LCrossbow +4 (1d8/19-20×2)

"I believe the Frozen City be our best route. Our lack of a meat shield leaves something to be desired." Razzy says after examining their options.

The Exchange

| HP 12/12 | Panache: 4/4 | AC 19 T 14 F 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will -1 | Init +10 | Perception +3 | Primary attack: Rapier +6 (1d6+4) 18-20/x2 | Female Ifrit Swashbuckler (Inspired blade) 1

GM I need to know if I spent the panache or not please?

Ree clears her throat. "Ahem. My vote is for the sea of light. With two gunners here plus me it sounds like a great fit! Plus don't gunners hate wet places?"

Her eyes narrow looking over in the direction of the frozen side. "Plus um I'm not so good with ice and cold yaknow?"

Liberty's Edge

M Human Rogue (Trapsmith) 1 | HP 8/8 | Init +6 | Per +6 | AC 18 : T 15 : FF 13 | Fort +0 : Ref+ 6 : Will +2 | Shortsword×2 +3 (1d6/19-20×2+4), LCrossbow +4 (1d8/19-20×2)

"The water is frozen so I don't expect it to be very wet. I'm only worried about us surviving the adventure. The Sea of Light is definitely my second choice if we feel we have enough to take damage. Being a soft guy that likes to get up close, I don't want to depend on me and Kaya and you to get the majority of attention." He says, not wanting any party members to be struck by a foe, as they are all squishies besides Rae.

The Exchange

Female NG Kitsune Rogue 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 16 (13 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 14 | F: +0, R: +6, W: +0 | Init: +4 | Perc: +4(+1 Trapfinding), SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Dancing Lights: 3/3 | Sneak Attack +1d6 | Active conditions: None.

"I'd rather talk our way through difficult matters than fight our way through difficult enemies," Kaya says aloud. At Razdin's comment, she looks at their group and realizes that they are, in fact, better at hitting things from afar or, you know, from behind. "I agree that we're not optimally comprised of those who can take on difficult foes directly."

She crossed her arms for a moment, hunching in thought, before nodding decisively to herself. Although she didn't much like conflict, being in a new place... Well, it was important to speak up.

Looking at Ree apologetically, she says, "I'm sorry, but I also think we should go to the far side of the asterisk - I think the Frozen City may be better for us. If I remember correctly, the Sea of Light also has some technological bits and pieces and... Well, I've been to one such site and it wasn't exactly pleasant." At the memory, one fo her hands moves up to her throat, as though she could feel the air constrict around her, the sudden vacuum both strange and painful to fight through.

Grand Lodge

HP: 12/12 |AC:17 T:14 FF:13,| CMD: 14 | Fort: +4, Refl: +6, Will: +2 | Perc: +6, Init: +4, Speed 30ft 2 of 2/day Grit left, CG Human Musket Master 1, Battered Rifle +6, 1d12 (20/x4)

Drooling slightly as hew looks on in awe at the Crater, "Ai vote fer the Crater, all those monsters need killin', stuffin' and mounting on the walls of me cabin back home!"

Huckleberry clears his gun as a standard action.

1 to 50 of 183 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Qwerty's PFS#8-00 Cosmic Captive Classic (1-2) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.